PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker all star this year?

Mavs<Spurs
11-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Do you think that Tony will make the all star team this year?

Predictions?

I said yes well before this season began numerous times as a look at my posts will show.

He didn't shoot well from the perimeter last night, but he played awesome otherwise 8 assists, only 1 turnover, shot a high percentage, penetrated, getting into the lane at will, which also opens up offensive rebounding.

I think over the course of this year, his shot will pick up significantly.

I think this is his year to step up like Manu did last year.

So, I say yes. What do you say?

:blah

ducks
11-05-2005, 09:38 AM
if the first two games are any indiction
he is a lock

he is playing with alot of confidence right now

when he is doing that he is really good

bibby is stuggling
nash is still nash
so I think he gets the nod

I want tp to go mostly so fans might get off his back even though aj was always an allstar :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Tobias
11-05-2005, 09:43 AM
at this rate, yes.

DesiSpur_21
11-05-2005, 09:47 AM
It's going to be Nash and the "other" from the rest of PGs so it's tough to say. It's not like fans would vote for him.

Frenchise player
11-05-2005, 09:48 AM
If Baron Davis and Steve Nash stay healthy, it's going to be tough.

ducks
11-05-2005, 09:48 AM
tp is clearly in the lead right now
nash will go unless he is hurt

SA210
11-05-2005, 09:49 AM
I think Tony should. He's very aggressive right now. Let's hope he continues his aggressiveness.

ducks
11-05-2005, 09:50 AM
If Baron Davis and Steve Nash stay healthy, it's going to be tough.

davis is already hurt and sat out

tp can put the stats up like davis
nash will get more assist but tp plays better d and will get the fans vote
unless tp can get france and the young girls to vote for him :lol

1Parker1
11-05-2005, 09:56 AM
It's only been 2 games..........but if he can continue then

<------------

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Whose goin to vote him in??

Tobias
11-05-2005, 10:14 AM
The coaches

RobinsontoDuncan
11-05-2005, 10:18 AM
He has been playing at the same level as Manu was in the beginning of last season, and that ended with manu as an all star, so it seems likely

carina_gino20
11-05-2005, 10:21 AM
it's not too far-off. if he continues his aggressive play, the coaches will remember it when they vote.

smeagol
11-05-2005, 10:24 AM
I hope TP goes this year.

sa_butta
11-05-2005, 10:26 AM
If TP continues to play at this level there is no doubt he will be an All-Star. But also at this rate he may be Gino's replacement as an All-Star.

Trainwreck2100
11-05-2005, 10:27 AM
If the Spurs are kicking ass like they should the coaches will prob. vote Manu/TP in, however if they are kicking ass. That means Pop will be coaching and he won't play them anyway.

lilmads
11-05-2005, 10:35 AM
3 spurs in the all-star this year: tim, tony, and manu.... :)

ducks
11-05-2005, 10:36 AM
manu is not a point guard tp is they both could go
manu is hurt he will play better soon

Banks91
11-05-2005, 10:38 AM
nah i doubt the spurs will have 3 all stars. If tony happens to make it, it will most likely be at the expense of Manu

ducks
11-05-2005, 10:39 AM
so if tp makes manu can not make it?

how many allstars did suns have last year?????????

Banks91
11-05-2005, 10:40 AM
who cares if manu is not a pg, since when do they do all star votin(by both fans and coaches) by whether they are a pg. All they need to be is a g. Like last year with kobe and mcgrady startin , while neither was a pg.

sa_butta
11-05-2005, 10:41 AM
nah i doubt the spurs will have 3 all stars. If tony happens to make it, it will most likely be at the expense of ManuThis is what I meant to say. Thank you.

Banks91
11-05-2005, 10:41 AM
do not compare our 3 players to those 3, stats wise it aint even close. Each one of those players, off stats alone made it. Amare and his high 20's, nash and his double digit assists, and marion and his close to 20 and 10. For our 3 it isnt that clear clut.

sa_butta
11-05-2005, 10:43 AM
so if tp makes manu can not make it?

how many allstars did suns have last year?????????That is not it; all Im saying is that at current pace Manu would not make it. I do believe he can play better, and yes we could have 3 on the All-Star team.

ducks
11-05-2005, 10:47 AM
manu right now might not make it

but I just do not see if tp makes it why manu can not IF He plays better

sa_butta
11-05-2005, 10:51 AM
manu right now might not make it

but I just do not see if tp makes it why manu can not IF He plays betterAgreed.

picnroll
11-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Looks like a lot of games no Spur will play more than 30 minutes. Cleveland is probably one of the better teams in the league and I believe last night Parker was the high MPG player at 29. If stats play into the decision of all stars it will be relatively tough to pile up those stats for any Spurs player.

Banks91
11-05-2005, 10:55 AM
look, i think we're goin in circles, misunderstandin each other.

Basically, yes 3 or even more players can make it , but like i said, i think for tp to make it ,it'll be at the expense of manu.

Right now, parker is playin pretty good, but manu isnt, and i think that's more then a coincidence. When manu starts to step up his game, i dont think parkers will stay at this level. This isnt phoenix, where they score enough points for 3 players to put up such good stats, unless parker doesnt worry about points and puts up assists like Nash.

JamStone
11-05-2005, 10:55 AM
TP sure looks great so far. He'll be battling Nash and Baron Davis for one of the spots. I like Mike Bibby too, but he hasn't had a very good start so far. We'll have to see.

But, isn't it nice when one of the more distressing topics on your messageboard is whether one of your players will be an allstar? It's nice to have a team that good ...

But, I would assume Spurs fans are like many of us Pistons fans who have no problem sacrificing all star invitations for another trip to the finals with a chance at a championship. Fortunately for the Spurs, players like Duncan and Manu get the acclaim already. A lot of us in Detroit wish either Rip or Chauncey could get AT LEAST one invitation to an all star game. Neither has even come close to getting a sniff. But, again, Indiana and Miami and New Jersey can have as many all star invites they want. We'll take another trip to the finals ...

Pistons < Spurs
11-05-2005, 10:57 AM
It's only been 2 games...little early to be planning on watching TP in the All-Star game.

I mean even Smush Parker has very similiar numbers as TP through 2 games.

However, I believe there are too many other guards in the West for TP to get any real consideration.

Kobe
McGrady
Nash
R Allen
B Davis
J Terry
J Richardson
C Maggette
M Jaric
R Bell
Bibby

And, the 2 rookies Paul & Williams for all we know could become very special real quickly.

smeagol
11-05-2005, 11:04 AM
A lot of us in Detroit wish either Rip or Chauncey could get AT LEAST one invitation to an all star game.
Rip's 0.8 shot last night was sick!

He made me win $1,000,000 vbucks :drunk

1Parker1
11-05-2005, 11:09 AM
It's only been 2 games...little early to be planning on watching TP in the All-Star game.

However, I believe there are too many other guards in the West for TP to get any real consideration.

Kobe
McGrady
Nash
R Allen
B Davis
J Terry
J Richardson
C Maggette
M Jaric
R Bell
Bibby

And, the 2 rookies Paul & Williams for all we know could become very special real quickly.

Ummm...you think Raja Bell, M Jaric, and Jason Terry have a better chance than Tony Parker to make the AS team?

1Parker1
11-05-2005, 11:11 AM
A lot of us in Detroit wish either Rip or Chauncey could get AT LEAST one invitation to an all star game.

Yea, it's kind of sad that neither of them have made the AS team yet....I would think Rip has a good chance this year with the way he seems to be playing freely on offense under Saunders.

ducks
11-05-2005, 11:11 AM

Kobe
McGrady
Nash
R Allen
B Davis
J Terry
J Richardson
C Maggette
M Jaric
R Bell
Bibby

some of those guards you listed are in the east and do not effect him making the allstar game just the mvp of it :smokin

picnroll
11-05-2005, 11:16 AM

Kobe
McGrady
Nash
R Allen
B Davis
J Terry
J Richardson
C Maggette
M Jaric
R Bell
Bibby

You're kidding, right.

JamStone
11-05-2005, 11:16 AM
some of those guards you listed are in the east and do not effect him making the allstar game just the mvp of it :smokin

No. All of the guards he listed are western conference guards.

But, I do disagree that Jaric and Bell will push for all star spots.

Pistons < Spurs
11-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Ummm...you think Raja Bell, M Jaric, and Jason Terry have a better chance than Tony Parker to make the AS team?

Those guys have just as many questions about their games and their consistency as TP does.

The point is we are 2 games into the season.......anything can happen. Jaric and Bell could be primed for very good years....but who really knows. Terry is in a place that should allow him to put up very good numbers. Richardson always has decent numbers...but w/ Davis now there, they could be a killer combo. Just like we don't know if TP can maintain any where near this level of play that he is currently showing.

ducks
11-05-2005, 11:17 AM
J Richardson plays in the west?

ok I get it I got him confussed with the player suns traded to the knicks :oops

picnroll
11-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Rip's 0.8 shot last night was sick!

He made me win $1,000,000 vbucks :drunk
$5295000

Dayam.

Pretty soon you'll be able to buy the Spurs, sign every scrub that can tie his sneakers and make Marcus Bryant happy.

JamStone
11-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Oh, and McGrady and Maggette will likely be classified as forwards for all star voting.

Pistons < Spurs
11-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Oh, and McGrady and Maggette will likely be classified as forwards for all star voting.

That could happen. But last year McGrady was classified as one of the starting guards. Along with Kobe...and Nash & Ray Allen as backups. No way in hell does TP pass any of those 4.

ducks
11-05-2005, 11:33 AM
:king

JamStone
11-05-2005, 11:42 AM
That's because last year T-Mac played a lot of guard in the first half of the season before they traded Jimmy Jackson.

This year, T-Mac is the only small forward on the roster (unless you count Ryan Bowen). He will play the majority of his minutes at the 3, even if he brings up the ball a lot. I think he'll be a forward on the ballot, and will be considered a forward for the coaches' selection, if he isn't voted in by fans.

If T-Mac is a "forward," it will be competitive at that position in the West with Duncan, KG, Dirk, T-Mac, Matrix, Carmelo, Rashard Lewis, Kirilenko, and if healthy Amare Stoudemire. Amare still might get some votes, like Grant Hill and Alonzo Mourning did a few years ago despite being injured.

SenorSpur
11-05-2005, 11:55 AM
If he maintains this high level of consistent play (at least avgs of 17pts, 7asts), he should be a lock to make the All-Star team.

With the juggernaut the Spurs are. turning into, they should have the conference best record by February, which should help. Besides, it's about time they placed 3 guys on the all-star team. Other recent great teams (Bulls, Fakers) were recognized in such a way, why not the Spurs?

Leetonidas
11-05-2005, 11:57 AM
The coaches of the league will probably vote Manu and Tony in. Timmy is a lock as always to start at PF.

exstatic
11-05-2005, 12:00 PM

Kobe
McGrady
Nash
R Allen
B Davis
J Terry
J Richardson
C Maggette
M Jaric
R Bell
Bibby

Terry? Jaric? Bell? :lol:rollin

TMTTRIO
11-05-2005, 12:28 PM
I see only two players going and I think this year it will be Tony (if he keeps it up). Besides I don't think Manu really gives a cr*p about it and he's more concerned with winning a championship than participating in something like that.

Vashner
11-05-2005, 12:29 PM
I don't think Pop wants him going to All Star.. he would want him to rest because of the summer French action.

ABDENOUR POWER
11-05-2005, 01:11 PM
I doubt he'll make it, but you never know.

Kori Ellis
11-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Besides I don't think Manu really gives a cr*p about it and he's more concerned with winning a championship than participating in something like that.

I don't know about that. Manu was the most excited player I've ever seen at an All-Star weekend last year. And then he didn't play that well in the All-Star game. I'd think he'd want to go back.

That being said, it's only two games into the season, so I have no idea who is going to make the A-S team.

adidas11
11-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Tony will have a tough time making the All Star team, and would have to remain remarkably consistent throughout the first half of this season. Kobe, McGrady, Nash, and Allen are virtual locks. That leaves one other guard (possibly two, depending on how the coaches vote), for that final guard spot. Tony would have to compete with Manu, Jason Richardson, and others.

Personally, I thought last year was the year that Tony would have made that push, and while he did shoot well from the field, I felt that he didn't really improve overall, and played poorly in the playoffs. I don't think he has the talent to be a All Star lock in.

sprrs
11-05-2005, 02:54 PM
it certainly doesn't hurt that the Spurs are the defending champs

edit: but then of course the Pistons didn't get any players in last year so I don't really know :rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
11-05-2005, 02:56 PM
way too early forum

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Tony parker will be makin the NBDL allstar game, he wont make it to the nba asg...

TPMG2007
11-13-2005, 07:22 AM
That could happen. But last year McGrady was classified as one of the starting guards. Along with Kobe...and Nash & Ray Allen as backups. No way in hell does TP pass any of those 4.

I'd like to say that if Seattle finishes at the bottom, then Tony can definately pass Ray Allen. Right now, Seattle looks like crap and I know the season's barely started. I figured how the team was doing would have some consideration into the decision. Also, if the Suns are like 8th or 9th, does anyone think Nash can get in. I think the AS game should be about who deserves it that year, not necessarily who's the best. They don't usually reward people for putting up numbers on bad teams. I think the only ones who could get voted in on a bad team would be AI, KG, T-Mac, Kobe or VC.

1Parker1
11-13-2005, 03:13 PM
EWWWWWWWW! That is the UGLIST Picture of Tony Parker I have ever seen TPMG2007!!

:vomit :vomit

TDMVPDPOY
11-13-2005, 10:33 PM
How many games is it goin to cost us if he makes the all star game, atm its all about him rackin up the stats...

TPMG2007
11-13-2005, 11:38 PM
EWWWWWWWW! That is the UGLIST Picture of Tony Parker I have ever seen TPMG2007!!

:vomit :vomit

HaHa. I'm sorry. I know it's a horrible picture, but it made me laugh. Someone in another forum photoshopped different player's families. It was so funny. They had one of Pop, TD and Tony. I don't remember if they had Manu. Anyway, I wanted it in my signature, but couldn't figure out how to do it, so I have this little snippet for my avatar.

TPMG2007
11-14-2005, 12:50 AM
If T-Mac is a "forward," it will be competitive at that position in the West with Duncan, KG, Dirk, T-Mac, Matrix, Carmelo, Rashard Lewis, Kirilenko, and if healthy Amare Stoudemire. Amare still might get some votes, like Grant Hill and Alonzo Mourning did a few years ago despite being injured.

T-Mac better stay at guard. If T-Mac is a forward, that means Duncan may come off the bench. I really want Tony to make the AS game, but not at the expense of Duncan not starting. Plus Dirk has a harder chance of getting in. I wanted to start a coalition for Dirk to start the AS game, but since KG beat him by 1.2 million votes, I don't see it happening. I don't remember the numbers, but I think T-Mac got more votes Duncan. I could look up the numbers, but I don't care that much. If Tony does make the AS game though, all those threads about trading him for Franchise, Marbury, Kidd... need to be brought up. Someone even said TP should be traded to LA for Odom. I wasn't sure if they were joking... And sorry for my overzealousness. When TP has a bad game, I'll calm down.

TMTTRIO
11-14-2005, 01:03 AM
HaHa. I'm sorry. I know it's a horrible picture, but it made me laugh. Someone in another forum photoshopped different player's families. It was so funny. They had one of Pop, TD and Tony. I don't remember if they had Manu. Anyway, I wanted it in my signature, but couldn't figure out how to do it, so I have this little snippet for my avatar.
Have ya'll seen these. They're hillarious :lol.
http://www.121s.com/viewtopic.php?t=947
There's also a Tim, Manu, Pop, Robert, and Rasho family pic. Well anyways here is the Tony pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/wayne24/atheparkers.jpg

hendrix
11-14-2005, 02:52 PM
How many games is it goin to cost us if he makes the all star game, atm its all about him rackin up the stats...

For the record... that wasnt me folks :lol

Pistons < Spurs
11-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Have ya'll seen these. They're hillarious :lol.
http://www.121s.com/viewtopic.php?t=947

LOL Baby Dirk is hilarious!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/wayne24/dirknowitzki_familys.jpg

:wow :wow :wow
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/wayne24/001nesterz.jpg

ShoogarBear
11-14-2005, 05:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/wayne24/001nesterz.jpg

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

ducks
11-24-2005, 12:55 AM
another 20 or more point outing for him already this year along with 6 assist on 11-13 shooting

jman3000
11-24-2005, 02:19 AM
How many 20 point games does he have this year? I would say at the top of my head 8 or 9? Does anybody know how many he scroed all of last year? I would guess around the low 20's high teens. I would say he definately deserves to go to the ASG, especially with his astronomical fg% and his apparent ability to finish at the rim at will, but if he actually goes is another story.

I remember a few years ago, the Spurs were almost undefeated when Tony scored 20 or more points ( I believe the one loss was a come from behind win by a crappy New York team)

SpursIndonesia
11-24-2005, 02:59 AM
So this game tonite against GS just showed us how TP COST us the game by getting 26 pts, 6 ast, 5 rbs, how Baron Davis "killed" us by his 6 pts 5 ast game, because Tony won't bother defending him in pursuit of statpadding for his ASG aspiration. What a buncha HORSE$H!T !! :rolleyes

jman3000
11-24-2005, 10:11 AM
All three WILL make it barring injury
At this point I don't believe that Manu's stats' justify an all-star selection. With that being said, It doesn't stop me from voting for him :spin