PDA

View Full Version : TO Suspended?

scott
11-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Supposedly some radio station in Philly is reporting that TO has been suspended indefinitely.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Pistons < Spurs
11-05-2005, 12:43 PM
It's also on the front page of ESPN.COM

Duff McCartney
11-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Oh shit..and here I was about to say that the Eagles organization has no spine.

Vashner
11-05-2005, 12:54 PM
What cause he talked trash about his QB??

Pistons < Spurs
11-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Because he's the biggest ass in the league, and nothing but a cancer to his teamates in the lockerroom.

just my opinion though! LOL :lol

McKenzie
11-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Seriously, why did they do this? I'm too lazy to look it up. Thought one of you might know.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Because he did an interview where he said if they had Favre in Philly, they would have won a championship.

He also said it's not worth playing hurt, he doesn't want to sacrifice himself or some stupid shit like that.

Basically what it amounts to is that their season is going down the shitter, and the team isn't going to give him his mega-extension and raise he's looking for, so he's decided to be a complete asshole in hopes of getting traded in the off season.

McKenzie
11-05-2005, 01:45 PM
I never knew you could bench someone for being a loud-mouthed asshole. Maybe they'll sue him like Miami threatned to do to Ricky Williams. Wait, he probably doesn't have a contract worth as much as Ricky did.

Kori Ellis
11-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Damn it, ruining my fantasy team.

Shiner Bock Girl
11-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Damn it, ruining my fantasy team.

:lol :lol .....They need to just make it official and get rid of him already. He is causing more soo much damage to that team.

2centsworth
11-05-2005, 03:14 PM
there's a good chance they cut or trade him. I think a team would be crazy to pick him up. However, Atlanta will probably give him a shot but it won't matter because Vick can't throw.

Kori Ellis
11-05-2005, 03:45 PM
I think a team would be crazy to pick him up.

Any team would jump all over it.

Every organization would risk not being able to control him to have one of the best receivers in the game.

Pistons < Spurs
11-05-2005, 03:51 PM

Every organization would risk not being able to control him to have one of the best receivers in the game.

I bet you are way off on that one. There are alot of orginizations that would not let him into the lockerroom.

Mr Dio
11-05-2005, 03:53 PM

Wash trade LaVar for him?
NYG making a trade that gives Eli TO, Plax, & Shockey?
What could/would Sea give to have TO there with SAlexander?

2centsworth
11-05-2005, 03:58 PM

Not every, but some. Dallas, Pittsburgh, San Fran, NY Giants and Baltimore would certainly stay away. I'm sure there are others.

Horry For 3!
11-05-2005, 04:15 PM
T.O. is fucking stupid. He won't play this week, I wonder how long the Eagles will keep him out....probably just this week.

samikeyp
11-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Good for the Eagles....they are too good of an organization for him....I would try and trade him to Houston for the #1 pick. :p

scott
11-05-2005, 04:38 PM
The Raiders would be perfect for him... Moss + Porter + TO = The Holy Trinity of Whiny WRs

Vashner
11-05-2005, 04:51 PM
This is exactly why the commish does not want San Antonio to have a team.. because we might actually make a TEAM that does not have bunch of primadonna's.

Pistons < Spurs
11-05-2005, 05:38 PM
This is exactly why the commish does not want San Antonio to have a team.. because we might actually make a TEAM that does not have bunch of primadonna's.

:rolleyes

scott
11-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Because anyone who moves to San Antonio is immediately excorcised of bad behavior?

Sorry, but your statement is just stupid.

nickbroken
11-05-2005, 11:52 PM
They wont trade him, they will cut him and avoid paying him 8 million dollars next year, TO is done and chances are won't play another game this year, whoever can have them, it will be their burden, he is one of the top wide outs in the game today, but not worth the trash talking he does.

nickbroken
11-05-2005, 11:52 PM
The Raiders would be perfect for him... Moss + Porter + TO = The Holy Trinity of Whiny WRs

Yeah that would also make any defense piss its pants....oh wait I forgot they still have Collins at qb. :lol

Vashner
11-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Because anyone who moves to San Antonio is immediately excorcised of bad behavior?

Your the stupid one... I said make a team dumbass.. as in make.. no instant..

Don't put words in my mouth you said "instant" not me.

McKenzie
11-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Here's a trivia question that is perfect for this thread: In the history of the NFL, has a player ever been totally fired and kicked out?

Vashner
11-06-2005, 11:01 AM
That kicker for the cowboys?

ducks
11-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Owens suspended indefinitely by Eagles
By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer
November 5, 2005

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Terrell Owens can host an open house, exercise on his front lawn or practice a new touchdown celebration Sunday.

He won't be playing for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Owens was suspended indefinitely by the Eagles on Saturday, two days after he criticized the organization for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago.

The All-Pro wide receiver apologized Friday in a statement and later on his weekly radio show, but the damage already was done.

The Eagles issued a statement that said Owens was suspended ``for conduct detrimental to the team.'' The team added that it will have no further comment.

Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, refused to comment.

It's unlikely Owens will be paid for sitting out this game, though neither the team nor Rosenhaus would discuss the situation. Owens is scheduled to make $3.5 million in base salary this season, so the suspension would cost him more than $200,000 per game if it's without pay.

The collective bargaining agreement states that a player can be suspended for up to four games without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. However, the Eagles could decide to pay Owens to stay home the rest of the season.

In 2003, Tampa Bay declared wideout Keyshawn Johnson inactive for the final six games and sent him home because of differences with coach Jon Gruden. Johnson was paid his full salary.

No matter, it's clear Owens won't be back in Philadelphia next year. He already put his house in Moorestown, N.J., up for sale. The price? A measly $4.4 million.

Owens has been angry with the Eagles since management refused to redo his contract just one season into the seven-year, $48.97 million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

Without Owens, the struggling Eagles (4-3) will line up with unproven rookie Reggie Brown at one of the wideout spots for an important game at Washington (4-3) on Sunday night.

This is the second time Owens has been suspended during his controversial 10-year career. In 2000, he was suspended one game by San Francisco coach Steve Mariucci following his infamous touchdown celebrations on the Dallas Cowboys' famed star logo at the center of Texas Stadium.

Owens clashed with management this summer and earned a one-week exile from training camp after a heated dispute with coach Andy Reid, which led to a bizarre workout on his lawn in front of neighbors and reporters.

Owens got in trouble this time after taking shots at the team and quarterback Donovan McNabb in an interview with ESPN.com on Thursday.

Owens was upset there was no in-stadium acknowledgment of his 100th career TD reception in a victory over San Diego on Oct. 23. An announcement was made in the press box.

``That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be,'' said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. ``They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium.''

Owens also said the Eagles would be undefeated with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback.

``A number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he's played with injuries,'' Owens said, referring to Favre. ``I feel like him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I feel like we'd probably be in a better situation.''

Owens said on his radio show he merely was agreeing with the opinion of Michael Irvin, the former Dallas wideout and current ESPN broadcaster.

``This is one I really regret,'' Owens said of the interview, adding that some clips were taken out of context. ``I said earlier in the interview that we would have a better record if Donovan wasn't injured.''

Owens previously said on his radio show that he'd prefer to play with Indianapolis' Peyton Manning over McNabb or any quarterback. Last year, Owens couldn't stop praising McNabb after joining the Eagles following eight seasons in San Francisco.

But their relationship soured after Owens took a verbal swipe at McNabb's performance in Philadelphia's loss to New England in the Super Bowl. McNabb responded harshly and the two feuded throughout the summer, not speaking to each other for a prolonged period.

McNabb, a five-time Pro Bowl quarterback who has led the Eagles to four consecutive NFC championship games, has played through several injuries this season, including a sports hernia that will require surgery. He has thrown for 2,034 yards, 15 TDs and seven interceptions while going through some tough stretches.

Owens has 47 catches for 763 yards and six TDs this season.

Updated on Saturday, Nov 5, 2005 5:23 pm EST

McKenzie
11-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Seriously? I mean totally removed like how coaches can get fired, or GMs. Has there ever been a really unforgiveable offense that would warrant something more than a trade or a cut?

scott
11-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Your the stupid one... I said make a team dumbass.. as in make.. no instant..

Don't put words in my mouth you said "instant" not me.

Make a team? Out of play-do? What are you talking about?

Mr Dio
11-06-2005, 11:24 AM

:lmao

Scott, it's becoming more and more obvious with each passing thread that you have a piss poor attitude.

Sorry Scotty, had to do it. It was too funny to pass up the chance to embarass a hypocrite. You're still OK man.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Apparently, he got into a fight with Hugh Douglas and challenged McNabb and the rest of the team, too.

I would disagree that Philly has a backbone about the TO situation. If they really wanted to send a message, why not deactivate him for the rest of the season like Gruden did to Keyshawn?

Philly needs TO on the field...they're just hoping public opinion sways TO to shut up and play...hence the non-deactivation.

exstatic
11-06-2005, 12:42 PM
I would disagree that Philly has a backbone about the TO situation. If they really wanted to send a message, why not deactivate him for the rest of the season like Gruden did to Keyshawn?

You do realize that since he is suspended, they don't have to PAY him these four weeks, don't you? They can still "Keyshawn" him later, but they'll have to pay him for the rest of the season once that happens. Since he has fucked over the team, why not fuck him out of four weeks salary? Then, you deactivate him for the remainder of the season. Then you cut him in the offseason at the point that fucks him over the most, say right before a roster bonus, or as late as possible.

TO is a tool. Someone will sign him in the offseason, but he'll find that he'll never again make as much $$$ in this league as he would have on his "cheap ass" Philly contract.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I thought de-activation was without pay...my bad.

Chris
11-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Eagles season = OVER :lol

McKenzie
11-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Dan Marino said that Any Reid should get some super glue and shut TO up.

Chris
11-06-2005, 07:46 PM
The Marino Burn. :lol

Faccia di Angelo
11-06-2005, 09:55 PM
whats with this guy, really. Does he think he has to play some type of role or part to get people talking or is he really this destructive? I don't see why anyone would continue to act the way he does knowing its really hurting your image. He seems a few screws short. I keep hearing how he holds a grudge for a really long time and has forgiven but won't forget. Get over it already.

exstatic
11-06-2005, 11:37 PM
I thought de-activation was without pay...my bad.

Johnny, he was de-activated this week and paid. The Eagles missed some kind of deadline for suspending him according to one announcer. I expect him to be unrepentant, stupid, and suspended next week for four weeks. Then, they'll Keyshawn him for the rest of the year. He'll be cut during the offseason, at a time convenient and advantageous for Philly. Someone will sign him. It won't be for as much as the Eagles would have paid him.

In this day and age of parity, one total shithead like this can destroy your locker room and send your team into a tailspin, which is why I see teams using the proverbial ten foot pole during negotiations. Someone will sign him, but it won't be for the money he wants.

If I'm a veteran player on the team he signs with, I get 4-5 of the biggest linemen on the team to beat the crap out of him in the locker room during camp, and let him know that there's more of that if he fucks up the team. I think that's probably the only thing he would respond to: fear for his skin.

N.Y. Johnny
11-06-2005, 11:39 PM
whats with this guy, really. Does he think he has to play some type of role or part to get people talking or is he really this destructive? I don't see why anyone would continue to act the way he does knowing its really hurting your image. He seems a few screws short. I keep hearing how he holds a grudge for a really long time and has forgiven but won't forget. Get over it already.

He wants to go play with your baby Peyton....the guy is a fuckin idiot and an ego maniac and is out of control

Trade him to the JETS!!!!! please!!! :drunk

ducks
11-06-2005, 11:46 PM
eagles lost against skins thanks to

Horry For 3!
11-07-2005, 03:32 PM
T.O is officially done for the season. He will not play another game for the Eagles. T.O. = DONE

scott
11-07-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm surprised the Eagles developed a spine on this one... props to them.