PDA

View Full Version : Covid-19 had us all fooled, but now we might have finally found its secret.

ducks
04-08-2020, 10:30 AM
https://web.archive.org/web/20200405061401/https://medium.com/@agaiziunas/covid-19-had-us-all-fooled-but-now-we-might-have-finally-found-its-secret-91182386efcb

hater
04-08-2020, 10:33 AM
:lmao more experimental anecdotal treatment hype :lmao

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 11:04 AM
15% hospitalized
5% require vent
80% die on vent

That third number won't change, but if we can lower those first two, that would be a game changer.

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 12:01 PM
Dude sounds fairly legit

The science behind his hypothesis...

https://ravikollimd.com/resources/COVID/COVID-19__Attacks_the_1-Beta_Chain_of_Hemoglobin_and_Captures_the_Porphyri n_to_Inhibit_Human_Heme_Metabolism_v5.pdf

boutons_deux
04-08-2020, 12:05 PM
Even if the blood oxygen transport was 100% efficient, the lungs filled with immune system fluids fail to exchange CO2 for O2.

HCQ suppresses immune system (ie, why auto-immune victims take it) and stops in increase of fluid in the lungs

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 12:07 PM
Dude sounds fairly legit

https://ravikollimd.com/resources/COVID/COVID-19__Attacks_the_1-Beta_Chain_of_Hemoglobin_and_Captures_the_Porphyri n_to_Inhibit_Human_Heme_Metabolism_v5.pdf"libertymavenstock" sounds completely legit

Might even be related to a doctor.

hater
04-08-2020, 12:15 PM
15% hospitalized
5% require vent
80% die on vent

That third number won't change, but if we can lower those first two, that would be a game changer.

yeah ventilators getting a bad rap

supposedly because doctors are setting them to blow too strong, which is bad for covid patients because covid patients still have strong lung muscles.

some dra recommend having them in lowest setting

IMO I would take oxygen over ventilation. if I die I die

hater
04-08-2020, 12:18 PM
hopefully Porton Johnson is really on some oxygen machine and not a ventilator.

3 days of ventilation probably turns your lungs to mush

SpursforSix
04-08-2020, 12:47 PM
15% hospitalized
5% require vent
80% die on vent

80% die on vent????? That doesn't jibe at all with Chicago Med.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 12:49 PM
"Whatever, I don’t know the full breadth and scope because I’m not a physician."

Awaiting peer review by other pilots and failed cryptocurrency exchangers.

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 01:21 PM
80% die on vent????? That doesn't jibe at all with Chicago Med.

Is 80% too low?

mrsmaalox
04-08-2020, 02:11 PM
yeah ventilators getting a bad rap

supposedly because doctors are setting them to blow too strong, which is bad for covid patients because covid patients still have strong lung muscles.

some dra recommend having them in lowest setting

IMO I would take oxygen over ventilation. if I die I die

They really are, I can’t believe the dumb shit some people here going with lol. There are tons of therapeutic uses for vents that make statements like “I’ll never go on a vent” ridiculous. But realistically the majority of vents are used on people who are in crisis with very high risk of dying. So most of them die. Addendum: 80% mortality=20% survival. 20% literally snatched from death. I wish it were higher but I won’t poopoo 20% and Im sure those patients (and their families) won’t either.

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 02:16 PM
"libertymavenstock" sounds completely legit

Do you think COVID-19 attacks the 1-Beta Chain of Hemoglobin and Captures the Porphyrin to Inhibit Human Heme Metabolism?

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Do you think COVID-19 attacks the 1-Beta Chain of Hemoglobin and Captures the Porphyrin to Inhibit Human Heme Metabolism?I think I'll read about it from a source that is something other than a pilot and failed cryptocurrency broker.

Or is that the best possible source of information according to you?

Is it?

Just say if you think this is the best you can come up with. I'll read it if you say the deleted medium entry from the pilot and failed crypto guy is the best source of information.

I eagerly await your direct answer.

SpursforSix
04-08-2020, 02:48 PM
Is 80% too low?

I'd say 60% die on vent. Of that 60%, 95% never get off of it. So no last words, no squaring things up with loved ones.
The good news is that of the 95% of the 60% that die, about 50% of them happen to be organ donor matches for someone else in the hospital that will die in the next hour without a transplant.

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 02:53 PM
I think I'll read about it from a source that is something other than a pilot and failed cryptocurrency broker.

Is it?

The link I provided you is better tbh. I'm sure you'll read about it.

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 03:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9GYTc53r2o

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 03:50 PM
The link I provided you is better tbh. I'm sure you'll read about it.Oh, the pilot who said whatever isn't the best source?

:lmao

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 03:53 PM
https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/08/doctors-say-ventilators-overused-for-covid-19/

boutons_deux
04-08-2020, 04:59 PM
If legit, let's see the credentials of who TF is "libertymavenst"

Even if the blood were 100% efficien for gas exchange with the lungs,

the fluid in the lungs caused by the virus in the lungs being attacked will stop the gas exchange, effectively like drowning.

With the blood oxygen transport also damaged, it's usually LIGHTS OUT.

I've seen this article already a couple times this week.

My guess is that it is being hosed all over the Internet by Trump's allies trying to get him reelected,

trying to convince people that only Trump, as he has always said, can fix problems, like solve the pandemic with HCQ and get reelected

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 04:59 PM
If legit, let's see the credentials of who TF is "libertymavenst" You want to see his flying license?

Mark Celibate
04-08-2020, 05:06 PM
The JOOOOOOOO FLOOOOO

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 05:07 PM
You want to see his flying license?

What are y'all even talking about?

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 05:11 PM
What are y'all even talking about?Dude is a pilot and failed crypto broker.

ducks
04-08-2020, 05:16 PM
Dude sounds fairly legit

https://ravikollimd.com/resources/COVID/COVID-19__Attacks_the_1-Beta_Chain_of_Hemoglobin_and_Captures_the_Porphyri n_to_Inhibit_Human_Heme_Metabolism_v5.pdf
:clap

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Dude is a pilot and failed crypto broker.

What dude?

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 05:18 PM
What dude?Dude who wrote the deleted medium article.

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 05:21 PM
Dude who wrote the deleted medium article.

If it's link in op, I can't get to that. My company blocks webarchive.

Is the paper posted by snakeboy legit?

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 05:28 PM
If it's link in op, I can't get to that. My company blocks webarchive.

Is the paper posted by snakeboy legit?As far as an open journal for prepublication articles with no information on the authors or any peer review goes, sure.

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 06:01 PM
What are y'all even talking about?

Chump is scared to click on the link I gave so he's pretending the researchers are pilots

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 06:02 PM
As far as an open journal for prepublication articles with no information on the authors or any peer review goes, sure.

Authors are Yale researchers...right wingers amirite?

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 06:04 PM
Chump is scared to click on the link I gave so he's pretending the researchers are pilotsFalse.

Why do you have to lie about what I said?

Please explain.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 06:05 PM
Authors are Yale researchers...right wingers amirite?That was one of the results I got when searching the names. Usually the backgrounds are in the paper or the info page.

Now why did you lie about what I said?

RandomGuy
04-08-2020, 06:10 PM
As far as an open journal for prepublication articles with no information on the authors or any peer review goes, sure.

:lol

Maybe they also did a paper on white millennials fleeing the Democratic party.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 06:12 PM

Maybe they also did a paper on white millennials fleeing the Democratic party.I believe these are researchers, but I'm always leery of shit that hasn't gone through the full process yet. Nevertheless we must believe everything Trump says without question or caution. He is infallible.

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 06:12 PM
False.

Why do you have to lie about what I said?

Please explain.

I asked you directly if you agreed with the paper I linked to. You pretended it was from a pilot. You're doing the lying as usual.

Do you think COVID-19 attacks the 1-Beta Chain of Hemoglobin and Captures the Porphyrin to Inhibit Human Heme Metabolism?

I think I'll read about it from a source that is something other than a pilot and failed cryptocurrency broker.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 06:14 PM
I asked you directly if you agreed with the paper I linked to. You pretended it was from a pilot. You're doing the lying as usual.No, you idiot.

The paper in the OP was by the pilot.

I asked you about the paper written by the pilot.

Jesus, quit being fucking stupid.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 06:19 PM
And of course now I have to give you the disclaimer AGAIN that I hope any and all of these suggested therapies work, even the one Trump pimps the most for some reason.

But I will never let you forget that your guy Trump fucked this all up from the beginning and is responsible for thousands of unnecessary American deaths.

None of your deflections or dad jokes will change that.

midnightpulp
04-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Another strawman article.

All that hilariously misguided and counterproductive criticism the media piled on chloroquine (purely for political reasons) as a viable treatment will now go down as the biggest Fake News blunder to rule them all. The media actively engaged their activism to fight ‘bad orange man’ at the cost of thousands of lives. Shame on them.

THE. MEDIA (NOR FAUCI). NEVER. SAID. HYDROXY. DOESN'T. WORK. JUST. THAT. THERE. IS. NOT. YET. CONCLUSIVE. PROOF. THAT. IT. HAS. EFFICACY.

Nobody is preventing doctors prescribing it on an individual level as a "let's give it a shot" treatment. "The base" has really blown this shit up to retarded conspiratorial levels to continue their fake news and the world is against Trump narratives.

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 06:22 PM
Another strawman article.

THE. MEDIA (NOR FAUCI). NEVER. SAID. HYDROXY. DOESN'T. WORK. JUST. THAT. THERE. IS. NOT. YET. CONCLUSIVE. PROOF. THAT. IT. HAS. EFFICACY.

Nobody is preventing doctors prescribing it on an individual level as a "let's give it a shot" treatment. "The base" has really blown this shit up to retarded conspiratorial levels to continue their fake news and the world is against Trump narratives.

So when the media called it snake oil they just meant it hadn't been tested?

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 06:23 PM
Any thoughts on the video I posted on p.1?

SnakeBoy
Btw, nothing wrong with SnakeOil

ChumpDumper
So when the media called it snake oil they just meant it hadn't been tested?Which "the media" was that?

An op-ed?

Let's see the link.

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 06:25 PM
No, you idiot.

The paper in the OP was by the pilot.

I asked you about the paper written by the pilot.

Jesus, quit being fucking stupid.

You first post in this thread is quoting my link talking about the author is a pilot. Now you are back peddling because you finally figured out it's different from the op. :lol

RandomGuy
04-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Dude sounds fairly legit

Nah.

They are using modeling software to come to their conclusions.

We all know modeling software is totally unreliable when it comes to reaching scientific conclusions. You have been saying that for over a decade now.

Right?

Or is it "modeling software good now?"

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 06:29 PM
You first post in this thread is quoting my link talking about the author is a pilot. Now you are back peddling because you finally figured out it's different from the op. :lolNo. You didn't say where your quote was from. I was talking about the dude you thought was legit, who is indeed a pilot. I'm sorry you couldn't figure out what I was talking about, now you can backpedal since you now know you didn't link your quote or attribute it to anything.:lol

Do you understand who is a pilot now?

Yes or no.

RandomGuy
04-08-2020, 06:33 PM
They really are, I can’t believe the dumb shit some people here going with lol. There are tons of therapeutic uses for vents that make statements like “I’ll never go on a vent” ridiculous. But realistically the majority of vents are used on people who are in crisis with very high risk of dying. So most of them die. Addendum: 80% mortality=20% survival. 20% literally snatched from death. I wish it were higher but I won’t poopoo 20% and Im sure those patients (and their families) won’t either.

MM FTW.

RandomGuy
04-08-2020, 06:40 PM

https://chemrxiv.org/

ChemRxiv: The Preprint Server for Chemistry ChemRxiv

About
ChemRxiv (pronounced 'chem-archive') is a free submission, distribution and archive service for unpublished preprints in chemistry and related areas.

It gives researchers across a broad range of chemistry fields the opportunity to share early results with colleagues and respond to comments and recommendations for improvement, ahead of formal peer review and publication.

Use ChemRxiv to:

Gather feedback and context from fellow scientists
Rapidly disseminate work to a wide audience
Establish the priority and precedence of a discovery
Boost the visibility of research findings
Find potential collaborators and hold interdisciplinary discussions
Document research results for grant reviewers in advance of publication
Facilitate rapid evaluation of results
Spot trends and encourage a broad range of constructive feedback
All of this can improve the reliability of the final research.

Our preprints come from the author's original files, and are not prepared for publication. ChemRxiv conducts a basic screen for plagiarism, offensive language, and non-scientific content, and will exclude materials that may pose a health or security risk if identified. Beyond this, the files are unedited, and are not peer-reviewed.

They did some computer modeling, and published some things they THINK MIGHT work.

Not quite a game changer.

But hey "modeling software good now" Time to bump my climate change thread with a quote from snakeboy telling me all about the flaws of modeling. :D

midnightpulp
04-08-2020, 06:40 PM
So when the media called it snake oil they just meant it hadn't been tested?

As Chump asked, which Media outlet was that? And if a reporter did indeed call it that, he should be fired.

RandomGuy
04-08-2020, 06:43 PM
You first post in this thread is quoting my link talking about the author is a pilot. Now you are back peddling because you finally figured out it's different from the op. :lol

Sorry. "dude is legit". You get to own that. You had a take because someone posted something sciency, whose likely qualifications to evaluate the evidence... is thin.

Dude sounds fairly legit

"libertymavenstock" sounds completely legit

Is it?

Just say if you think this is the best you can come up with. I'll read it if you say the deleted medium entry from the pilot and failed crypto guy is the best source of information.

I eagerly await your direct answer.

The link I provided you is better tbh. I'm sure you'll read about it.

Oh, the pilot who said whatever isn't the best source?

:lmao

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 06:45 PM
I guess we can just keep plugging people into respirators. That's going well.

RandomGuy
04-08-2020, 06:45 PM
Dude sounds fairly legit

Our preprints come from the author's original files, and are not prepared for publication. ChemRxiv conducts a basic screenfor plagiarism, offensive language , and non-scientific content, and will exclude materials that may pose a health or security risk if identified.
https://chemrxiv.org/f/about

Well, at least the science was screened for offensive language. It has that going for it.

RandomGuy
04-08-2020, 06:48 PM

I think...

that sentence was screened for offensive language.

:rollin

RandomGuy
04-08-2020, 06:50 PM
I guess we can just keep plugging people into respirators. That's going well.

As long as the governor of the state kisses Trumps ass. That ass kissing is definitely going well for Florida.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 06:53 PM
I guess we can just keep plugging people into respirators. That's going well.I'm fine with doctors' adjusting their treatments to a new virus based on their observations with those observations and adjustments leading to actual scientific studies that aren't as flaky as the French study that is currently in the process of being retracted because it's so terrible. I'm going to take the recommendations of pilots and reality show hosts with a grain of salt.

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 08:50 PM
As Chump asked, which Media outlet was that? And if a reporter did indeed call it that, he should be fired.

All you have to do is google trump snake oil and look at the results...washington post, usatoday, salon, daily beast, the list goes on.Or you can watch Fox, Hannity does a running list almost every night with clips from msnbc, cnn, etc. anchors trashing possible treatment.

You can claim they aren't hoping against treatment but just look how hard RandomGuy is googling to try and shit on any possible improvement in treatment protocol...cuz Trump.

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 08:53 PM

Btw, we clearly don't see eye to eye on politics but I do appreciate your informative posts regarding Covid-19

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 08:59 PM
All you have to do is google trump snake oil and look at the results...washington post, usatoday, salon, daily beast, the list goes on.Let's see the actual "the media."

It's your claim. Back it up.

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 09:27 PM
Btw, we clearly don't see eye to eye on politics but I do appreciate your informative posts regarding Covid-19

Yeah, he's actually posting useful information. RG and Chump on the other hand are just screeching into the wind.

I'm glad Chump got his PPE for those terrifying drive thru experiences, tho.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 09:30 PM
Yeah, he's actually posting useful information. RG and Chump on the other hand are just screeching into the wind.

I'm glad Chump got his PPE for those terrifying drive thru experiences, tho.Once again, Darrin-- go fuck yourself.

You're in denial about how badly Trump fucked up and killed thousands of Americans. All you do now is screech into the wind defending him.

Why do you feel the need to defend him?

Is it because you downplayed the threat as stupidly as he did?

Just embarrassed?

Ashamed?

Now you're trolling around for magic cures and looking for other people and countries to blame. Tough shit.

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 09:32 PM
Once again, Darrin-- go fuck yourself.

You're in denial about how badly Trump fucked up and killed thousands of Americans. All you do now is screech into the wind defending him.

Why do you feel the need to defend him?

Is it because you downplayed the threat as stupidly as he did?

I see the "blood on his hands" memo was received.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 09:33 PM
I see the "blood on his hands" memo was received.Darrin, do you think Trump did anything wrong RE: this current crisis?

Yes or no.

If yes, what did he do wrong?

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 09:40 PM
:lol Every time I ask those questions of Trumpistas here they shut the fuck up. I'm willing to place blame on China and the WHO and DiBlasio, et.al.-- why is Trump off limits?

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 09:43 PM
Darrin, do you think Trump did anything wrong RE: this current crisis?

Yes or no.

I think there were failures across all levels of govt. If blaming drumpf is therapeutic for you, then do what you do.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 09:50 PM
I think there were failures across all levels of govt. If blaming drumpf is therapeutic for you, then do what you do.You didn't answer the question, Darrin.

Yes or no.

If you're afraid you'll look bad if you answer the question honestly and truthfully, just say so.

phxspurfan
04-08-2020, 09:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9GYTc53r2o

So just use supplemental oxygen

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 09:57 PM
I see the "blood on his hands" memo was received.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 10:00 PM
:lol Darrin and SnakeBoy pretending they haven't received any talking points.

I've seen no memo. I've seen Trump fail as president. You guys can't admit it. I won't let you forget it.

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 10:03 PM
So just use supplemental oxygen

They need to figure out the biochemistry of this disease in order to treat it.

Hooking fat fucks up to vents is just saying fuck it.

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 10:05 PM
:lol Darrin and SnakeBoy pretending they haven't received any talking points.

I've seen no memo. I've seen Trump fail as president. You guys can't admit it. I won't let you forget it.

Your drumpf rage is useless. I'm glad you feel safe at Wendy's drive thru. :lol

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 10:06 PM
Your drumpf rage is useless. I'm glad you feel safe at Wendy's drive thru. :lolStill doing everything you can to avoid the question.

Your China rage is useless. Your WHO rage is useless. Your ventilator rage is useless. See how facile that is?

Yes or no.

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 10:08 PM
Still doing everything you can to avoid the question.

Your China rage is useless. Your WHO rage is useless. Your ventilator rage is useless. See how facile that is?

Yes or no.

Can't you post something useful?

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 10:10 PM
Can't you post something useful?Feeling uncomfortable?

Sorry about your feelings, Darrin. People are dying and you don't want to think of the unpleasantness and how we got here-- unless it suits your pre-crisis political thinking.

Too inconvenient.

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 10:27 PM
Feeling uncomfortable?

Sorry about your feelings, Darrin. People are dying and you don't want to think of the unpleasantness and how we got here-- unless it suits your pre-crisis political thinking.

Too inconvenient.

Can you post something useful?

Midnightpulp does pretty regularly.

I could post a bunch of negative shit about Cuomo and the mayor, but what does it accomplish?

ElNono
04-08-2020, 10:32 PM
The author is apparently a doctor in otolaryngology...

https://twitter.com/agaiziunas
https://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-andrew-gaiziunas-2r7qf

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 10:34 PM
Can you post something useful?

Midnightpulp does pretty regularly.

I could post a bunch of negative shit about Cuomo and the mayor, but what does it accomplish?Again, sorry about your feefees. I know you're not being honest with us about Trump; that's clear. Now I can only wonder if you can even be honest with yourself.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 10:35 PM
The author is apparently a doctor in otolaryngology...

https://twitter.com/agaiziunas
https://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-andrew-gaiziunas-2r7qfThat's the pilot's dad who helped him with his homework. The pilot explicitly states he's not a doctor near the end of the article.

DarrinS
04-08-2020, 10:42 PM
Chump is useless. But he's safe at Wendy's drive thru. I'm done with him, tbh.

ChumpDumper
04-08-2020, 10:45 PM
Chump is useless. But he's safe at Wendy's drive thru. I'm done with him, tbh.You wear a mask too, Darrin. You told us.

You're safe at Wendy's drive thru.

Are you just dead inside? No feelings at all about the lives lost and the disruption to your life and your family's? The fuck is wrong with you?

SnakeBoy
04-08-2020, 11:10 PM

If you read the article or watch the video from the ICU Doc, they are not bashing ventilators or saying they have no use. They are saying that respiratory failure in Covid-19 patients is not ARDS and the protocol should be adjusted.

Blake
04-09-2020, 12:08 AM
And of course now I have to give you the disclaimer AGAIN that I hope any and all of these suggested therapies work, even the one Trump pimps the most for some reason.

And there'll be a need for that disclaimer again. And again.

Blake
04-09-2020, 12:12 AM
Can't you post something useful?

Was Snakeboys post useful?

CD is saying it's not. Now you're saying it's not useful to point out suspect sources.

It's really weird how you and plenty of others on this board take the news you like to hear right at face value.

Crazy, tbh.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2020, 12:25 AM
Was Snakeboys post useful?

CD is saying it's not. Now you're saying it's not useful to point out suspect sources.

It's really weird how you and plenty of others on this board take the news you like to hear right at face value.

Crazy, tbh.I mean Trump was hawking a vitamin supplement pyramid scheme based on piss samples barely a decade ago. It would be downright irresponsible to take him at his word. People have lost their fucking minds.

clambake
04-09-2020, 12:28 AM
he's known since november.

all you ass lickers goose-step in line after dale.

poor katie

ElNono
04-09-2020, 12:51 AM
That's the pilot's dad who helped him with his homework. The pilot explicitly states he's not a doctor near the end of the article.

Got it :tu

ElNono
04-09-2020, 12:52 AM
If you read the article or watch the video from the ICU Doc, they are not bashing ventilators or saying they have no use. They are saying that respiratory failure in Covid-19 patients is not ARDS and the protocol should be adjusted.

I think she was referring to some posters here stating there's no way they're going on ventilators if they get to that point with this thing.

mrsmaalox
04-09-2020, 12:53 AM

Yes I saw those both. But I was specifically referring to the posts of “some people here”.

mrsmaalox
04-09-2020, 12:54 AM
I think she was referring to some posters here stating there's no way they're going on ventilators if they get to that point with this thing.

:) :tu

RandomGuy
04-09-2020, 09:04 AM

He has a point. You aren't even honest with yourself.

RandomGuy
04-09-2020, 09:08 AM

I'm glad Chump got his PPE for those terrifying drive thru experiences, tho.

So statements that haven't been evaluated for scientific validity are useful to you?

Our preprints come from the author's original files, and are not prepared for publication. ChemRxiv conducts a basic screenfor plagiarism, offensive language , and non-scientific content, and will exclude materials that may pose a health or security risk if identified.

Or maybe you find things that have been screened for offensive language useful?

Which is it? what is your standard of evidence, Darrin?

RandomGuy
04-09-2020, 09:13 AM

Dude sounds fairly legit

Well, at least the science was screened for offensive language. It has that going for it.

Gotta keep it fresh...

Winehole23
04-09-2020, 09:34 AM
WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE?

https://newsroom.heart.org/news/caution-recommended-on-covid-19-treatment-with-hydroxychloroquine-and-azithromycin-for-patients-with-cardiovascular-disease-6797342

DMC
04-09-2020, 10:20 AM

oh noes you folded! Blake to be along shortly with a quip.

DMC
04-09-2020, 10:22 AM
WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE?

https://newsroom.heart.org/news/caution-recommended-on-covid-19-treatment-with-hydroxychloroquine-and-azithromycin-for-patients-with-cardiovascular-disease-6797342

You think someone with cardiovascular disease and COVID-19 isn't at severe risk already? They aren't taking the meds for aesthetic reasons.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2020, 10:22 AM
oh noes you folded! Blake to be along shortly with a quip.:lol still pissy about being corrected by me. Sorry you looked foolish. You're making it so much better with grudgeposts.

DMC
04-09-2020, 10:23 AM
:lol still pissy about being corrected by me. Sorry you looked foolish. You're making it so much better with grudgeposts.

Your personality disorder is crossing the border illegally.

SpursforSix
04-09-2020, 10:23 AM
:) :tu

Bend over, I'll fucking give you a :tu.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Your personality disorder is crossing the border illegally.Your fragile ego is broken. You did it to yourself.

Winehole23
04-09-2020, 10:27 AM
You think someone with cardiovascular disease and COVID-19 isn't at severe risk already? They aren't taking the meds for aesthetic reasons.I think it's foolish for POTUS to suggest, without qualification, that people give hydroxychloroquine a try.

DMC
04-09-2020, 10:30 AM
So statements that haven't been evaluated for scientific validity are useful to you?

Or maybe you find things that have been screened for offensive language useful?

Which is it? what is your standard of evidence, Darrin?

Holy shit dude, the self awareness with you is at an all time low.

DMC
04-09-2020, 10:31 AM
I think it's foolish for POTUS to suggest, without qualification, that people give hydroxychloroquine a try.

He knows they cannot walk into a store and buy it. Yes it's naive (not foolish), but the ramifications are just that he appears naive. It should not have a significant effect on who actually gets prescribed the meds. If you're going to drink fish tank cleaner, you probably did the world a favor.

DMC
04-09-2020, 10:32 AM
Bend over, I'll fucking give you a :tu.

Thread
04-09-2020, 11:15 AM
He knows they cannot walk into a store and buy it. Yes it's naive (not foolish), but the ramifications are just that he appears naive. It should not have a significant effect on who actually gets prescribed the meds. If you're going to drink fish tank cleaner, you probably did the world a favor.

Your (beef) set aside you have never been more effective.

D M C

Thread
04-09-2020, 11:16 AM
I think it's foolish for POTUS to suggest, without qualification, that people give hydroxychloroquine a try.

He only does it to troll CNN.

It's personal.

boutons_deux
04-09-2020, 11:42 AM
A doctor prescribes HCQ off-label, without FDA approval

The doctor's victim has severe reaction, like permanently damaged eyesight or blindness.

Is the doctor liable? will his liability insurance pay for violating FDA rules?

SpursforSix
04-09-2020, 11:42 AM
He only does it to troll CNN.

It's personal.

Fuck all that. I just read that it's quinine is the main ingredient that's actually fighting the Corona. But tonic water tastes like shit. Only thing that makes it tolerable is gin.
I'm going with that.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2020, 11:43 AM

The doctor's victim has severe reaction, like permanently damaged eyesight or blindness.

Is the doctor liable? will his liability insurance pay for violating FDA rules?I think you illustrate pretty well why the CDC took dosage information off their page.

MultiTroll
04-09-2020, 11:56 AM
Some think it's the zinc / hydroC mixture that's really doing the good.

TSA
04-09-2020, 12:16 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/paulburrer/status/1248238041858220037

mrsmaalox
04-09-2020, 01:42 PM

Not if his employer is paying for his insurance. I don’t think we’ll see many hospital systems jumping on HCQ without the FDA. Now if a doc in private practice, who pays for his own insurance wants to try it with his patient’s informed consent they probably could. But then if the patient crumps (either from Covid or HCQ) and needs to be admitted to the hospital continuing the HCQ probably won’t happen.

mrsmaalox
04-09-2020, 01:42 PM
Grrr

boutons_deux
04-09-2020, 01:54 PM
Hyped Malaria Drug Not Showing Much Effect at One Paris Hospital

“We’ve used it a fair bit because it was one of the hopes,” Eric Caumes, head of infectious diseases at the Paris hospital, said on BFM TV.

“But we don’t have the impression that there’s spectacular efficacy.

It’s even probably not effective.”

Caumes said he would have more formal data around the end of the week.

For now, “we have more studies showing it doesn’t work than studies showing it does,”

Pitie Salpetriere was rated France’s best hospital in a 2020 Newsweek ranking (https://www.newsweek.com/best-hospitals-2020/france).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-02/hyped-malaria-drug-not-showing-much-effect-at-one-paris-hospital (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-02/hyped-malaria-drug-not-showing-much-effect-at-one-paris-hospital)

ChumpDumper
04-09-2020, 02:01 PM
Hyped Malaria Drug Not Showing Much Effect at One Paris Hospital

“We’ve used it a fair bit because it was one of the hopes,” Eric Caumes, head of infectious diseases at the Paris hospital, said on BFM TV.

“But we don’t have the impression that there’s spectacular efficacy.

It’s even probably not effective.”

Caumes said he would have more formal data around the end of the week.

For now, “we have more studies showing it doesn’t work than studies showing it does,”

Pitie Salpetriere was rated France’s best hospital in a 2020 Newsweek ranking (https://www.newsweek.com/best-hospitals-2020/france).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-02/hyped-malaria-drug-not-showing-much-effect-at-one-paris-hospital (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-02/hyped-malaria-drug-not-showing-much-effect-at-one-paris-hospital)Obviously doing it wrong. Did they make sure to exclude the people who didn't get better?

SnakeBoy
04-09-2020, 04:31 PM

When they are suffocating they'll probably have a change of heart

Blake
04-09-2020, 08:33 PM

It's really as simple as that

Blake
04-09-2020, 08:36 PM

I'd like Trump to answer those questions