PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants to Try While we Shelter-in-Place

elbamba1
04-14-2020, 01:53 PM
I wanted to get some suggestions on good food to try while we are in isolation. We cook most of our meals at home but try to do 1 - 2 each week. So far we have done Torchy's Tacos, Freebirds, Stouts Pizza, and Walkons. Each restaurant has a family deal so it has been pretty good for our family of 6. Any suggestions or good deals you know about?

SpursforSix
04-14-2020, 02:14 PM
I wanted to get some suggestions on good food to try while we are in isolation. We cook most of our meals at home but try to do 1 - 2 each week. So far we have done Torchy's Tacos, Freebirds, Stouts Pizza, and Walkons. Each restaurant has a family deal so it has been pretty good for our family of 6. Any suggestions or good deals you know about?

like waffles and pancakes and shit like that. Also fries are good and Monte Cristos. Grilled snapper. Lobster. Takis. Burritos.

Millennial_Messiah
04-14-2020, 09:35 PM
Burger King is doing free delivery, not just takeout.

ChumpDumper
04-14-2020, 09:54 PM
Burger King is doing free delivery, not just takeout.Their app has pretty good deals.

TimDunkem
04-14-2020, 09:59 PM
Panda Express is doing their family meals (usually $40+) for 20 bucks. Great deal, tbh.

baseline bum
04-14-2020, 10:05 PM
Panda Express is doing their family meals (usually $40+) for 20 bucks. Great deal, tbh.

Is there one that's only orange chicken and chow mein? Those are the only two things I ever order there. They're both fucking crack.

TimDunkem
04-14-2020, 10:18 PM
Is there one that's only orange chicken and chow mein? Those are the only two things I ever order there. They're both fucking crack.

Brah, that's literally all I order. :lmao You can find some damn good Chinese takeout, but I'd shun it all for some fucking chow mein with orange chicken from Panda every single time.

Millennial_Messiah
04-14-2020, 10:18 PM

I only care about General Tso's. Lo Mein > Chow Mein imo

TimDunkem
04-14-2020, 10:20 PM
I only care about General Tso's. Lo Mein > Chow Mein imo

Chow mein for me. No soft noodles unless it's ramen, tbh.

Yes, the orange from Panda is crack, but the chow mein keeps me coming back. Most places around me don't even have chow mein as an option.

baseline bum
04-14-2020, 10:29 PM
Brah, that's literally all I order. :lmao You can find some damn good Chinese takeout, but I'd shun it all for some fucking chow mein with orange chicken from Panda every single time.

Fuck I haven't eaten any restaurant food since February and I can't believe now I'm dying for Panda of all things :lol

TimDunkem
04-14-2020, 10:33 PM
Fuck I haven't eaten any restaurant food since February and I can't believe now I'm dying for Panda of all things :lol

When the Panda calls, it's hard to ignore that orange crack. :lol

ChumpDumper
04-14-2020, 10:33 PM
Fuck I haven't eaten any restaurant food since February and I can't believe now I'm dying for Panda of all things :lol:lol with all this talk you're gonna make me drive to Manor to get Panda and avoid the restaurant rona.

Millennial_Messiah
04-14-2020, 10:37 PM
When the Panda calls, it's hard to ignore that orange crack. :lol

If you live in San Antonio, get Wok Inn, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than panda and same price... Wok Inn entrees are actually cooked to order and you can get as much soup as you like.

TimDunkem
04-14-2020, 10:40 PM
If you live in San Antonio, get Wok Inn, it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than panda and same price... Wok Inn entrees are actually cooked to order and you can get as much soup as you like.

Hell, I love Wok Inn, but I've never seen chow mein as an option. I'll be sure to stop in again when this is all over, or unless Wok comes out with a deal as good as Panda is having right now.

Blake
04-15-2020, 01:33 AM

Lol ditto. Sometimes the pineapple chicken is okay but never enough pineapple

ElNono
04-15-2020, 02:05 AM
:lol Panda Express is fucking trash, tbh... still have to find a decent cheap and fast chinese food place here in Los Angeles with some variety.

Something with a menu like this:
http://pandahouseus.com/menu/

baseline bum
04-15-2020, 08:51 AM
:lol Panda Express is fucking trash, tbh... still have to find a decent cheap and fast chinese food place here in Los Angeles with some variety.

I'd rather have my Chinese food made by mojados than bat eaters tho in this pandemic, and Panda fits the bill there.

hater
04-15-2020, 09:00 AM
lol calling panda express chinese food :lmao

its murican food ma niglets

dont get me wrong I also get cravings for th sweet chicken and fred rice tbqh

hits the spot sometimes just like a big mac does

Ginobilly
04-15-2020, 09:21 AM
There's talk that some restaurants are opening their doors only for cops, firefighters, city officials all over the nation. Everybody else has to order curbside or drive thru.:pimpslap lmao

lefty
04-15-2020, 09:38 AM
lol fat fucks

Millennial_Messiah
04-15-2020, 09:39 AM

In LA, I reckon it's tough to find anything cheap, except maybe in Compton where they keep the property taxes low for the nigs, but you're more likely to find fried food than Chinese there tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
04-15-2020, 09:43 AM
Hell, I love Wok Inn, but I've never seen chow mein as an option. I'll be sure to stop in again when this is all over, or unless Wok comes out with a deal as good as Panda is having right now.

Wok Inn Wednesdays were one of my favorite things about high school. Walking there a little while after school was a weekly (and sometimes more often) ritual and a way of life for me.

Their General Tso's Chicken is the best in SA, and their sweet and sour sauce is absolutely divine too (especially for egg roll dipping; they have excellent egg rolls as well). Avoid the Sesame Chicken, because I tried it once in 2011 and the sauce they used for that tasted funky.

You're right, Chow Mein isn't on the menu at Wok Inn, but their Lo Mein is excellent as is their endless chicken corn chowder / egg drop soup with a little rice, salt and pepper. The only Chow Mein I've ever had is the kind you heat on the stovetop out of those La Choy cans.

baseline bum
04-15-2020, 09:47 AM
lol calling panda express chinese food :lmao

its murican food ma niglets

dont get me wrong I also get cravings for th sweet chicken and fred rice tbqh

hits the spot sometimes just like a big mac does

Same shit as calling burritos and chalupas Mexican food.

SpursforSix
04-15-2020, 10:54 AM
I'm not disagreeing that the Orange Chicken is clearly the #1 at Panda. But the Walnut Shrimp is pretty damn good.

mrsmaalox
04-15-2020, 11:39 AM
Hopdoddy Burger has a good deal. They have a limited menu for take out, about half of their usual choices. But they have a deal that is just a basic quarter pound burger with fries for $5. It was perfect for me as I prefer a simple burger and I can’t finish one of their regular ones. Plus the fries are usually a la cart. Good way to try it out if you haven’t yet.

SpursforSix
04-15-2020, 11:50 AM
Hopdoddy Burger has a good deal. They have a limited menu for take out, about half of their usual choices. But they have a deal that is just a basic quarter pound burger with fries for $5. It was perfect for me as I prefer a simple burger and I can’t finish one of their regular ones. Plus the fries are usually a la cart. Good way to try it out if you haven’t yet.

Oh look. It's the 1% advising us to to charter planes and fly Hopdoddy around the globe. Do you also hire the Duke of Baking to make your own personal buns for the burger?

mrsmaalox
04-15-2020, 11:53 AM
Oh look. It's the 1% advising us to to charter planes and fly Hopdoddy around the globe. Do you also hire the Duke of Baking to make your own personal buns for the burger?

Bend over, I’ll show you buns!

SpursforSix
04-15-2020, 11:56 AM
Bend over, I’ll show you buns!

meh. Given the material, I would have gone with, "Bend over, I'll fucking show you the Duke of Baking".

baseline bum
04-15-2020, 12:00 PM
meh. Given the material, I would have gone with, "Bend over, I'll fucking show you the Duke of Baking".

Bend over, I'll give you the material.

SpursforSix
04-15-2020, 01:16 PM
Bend over, I'll give you the material.

ouch

Xevious
04-15-2020, 01:18 PM
Beijing Beef at Panda is fucking good.

SpursforSix
04-15-2020, 01:35 PM
Beijing Beef at Panda is fucking good.

Bend over, I'll fucking give you the Bejing Beef.

gameFACE
04-15-2020, 02:30 PM
We've had good and bad curbside experiences. Ordered from Pasha a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty reliably good. Even made a pizza later from the extra flatbread they gave us. Also tried a new Thai place I'd been wondering about, Tasty Thai. Word of advice - if you're going to have the word tasty in your name the food has to be foooking good and they sucked!:lmao Don't go there. Would have been better off at Panda Express.

ElNono
04-16-2020, 05:20 AM
In LA, I reckon it's tough to find anything cheap, except maybe in Compton where they keep the property taxes low for the nigs, but you're more likely to find fried food than Chinese there tbh.

By cheap I mean comparatively to PF Chang and shit. Everything is expensive in LA.

ElNono
04-16-2020, 05:22 AM

Hopdoddy is solid. One of my favorite places lately for a good burger and a beer.

SpursforSix
04-16-2020, 11:07 AM
Was running errands yesterday and went through Whataburger. Had a line of about 7 or 8 cars in front of me. At some point, an employee came out and notified cars that they were out of beef patties. A few pulled out of the line.
I don't mind their chicken so it was fine. But interesting none the less.

Blake
04-16-2020, 11:01 PM
Was running errands yesterday and went through Whataburger. Had a line of about 7 or 8 cars in front of me. At some point, an employee came out and notified cars that they were out of beef patties. A few pulled out of the line.
I don't mind their chicken so it was fine. But interesting none the less.

Huh. They have a bogo coupon on the app for a #1 burger

SpursforSix
04-17-2020, 10:41 AM
Huh. They have a bogo coupon on the app for a #1 burger

Damn. That would explain it. Thanks for the heads up on that deal.