PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska mall plans to reopen

RandomGuy
04-15-2020, 11:30 AM
eyup. You read that right. Let the lawsuits begin.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/nebraska-mall-plans-reopen-climbing-virus-cases-70150935

OMAHA, Neb. -- An upscale outlet mall near Omaha plans to reopen later this month even as the number of coronavirus cases and deaths continue to grow and even though a statewide order prohibits gatherings of more than 10 people.

The owner of the Nebraska Crossing Outlets says their experience will be a case study of best practices for other malls, though it is not immediately clear how many stores will reopen when the mall does and how the facility will comply with state-ordered social distancing protocols.

Thread
04-15-2020, 11:32 AM
The lion's share of Goodwill's reopened here (Phoenix Metro) on Monday, April 13th.

"We sprayed everything down with disinfectant."

tee, hee.

RandomGuy
04-15-2020, 11:36 AM
The lion's share of Goodwill's reopened here (Phoenix Metro) on Monday, April 13th.

"We sprayed everything down with disinfectant."

tee, hee.

University of Wyoming analysis found that social distancing efforts to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus outweigh the economic costs of such measures by trillions of dollars, while also saving more than a million lives.

The researchers, led by a UW economist, found “that social distancing policies likely do not constitute an overreaction to COVID-19. In a variety of plausible scenarios based on the best available information as of April 3, 2020, we find that the economic benefits of lives saved outweigh the value of the projected losses of GDP by about $5.2 trillion,” the authors wrote in article that will be published by a Cambridge University journal.

:lol more Republican policies dragging down the economy.

Spurtacular
04-15-2020, 12:12 PM
Random Cuck triggered by life.

Chucho
04-15-2020, 12:28 PM

Any links to this study? Very interested in the plausible scenarios this is based on.

Chucho
04-15-2020, 12:29 PM
NVMND, I see your thread.

TSA
04-15-2020, 12:34 PM
Any links to this study? Very interested in the plausible scenarios this is based on.

Thunstrom told the Star-Tribune that if the economy takes longer to reopen or if a second wave is as severe as this current pandemic, then the model would be readjusted and could “flip” its findings that social distancing is a positive.

There are other variables — if and when a vaccine is developed, how contagious the virus is in the future, what the mortality rate is.

Spurtacular
04-15-2020, 01:16 PM
Thunstrom told the Star-Tribune that if the economy takes longer to reopen or if a second wave is as severe as this current pandemic, then the model would be readjusted and could “flip” its findings that social distancing is a positive.

There are other variables — if and when a vaccine is developed, how contagious the virus is in the future, what the mortality rate is.

People start dying in much bigger numbers when systems and cultivation of resources get neglected. Chumpettes don't care about that.

Thread
04-15-2020, 01:24 PM

University of Wyoming analysis found that social distancing efforts to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus outweigh the economic costs of such measures by trillions of dollars, while also saving more than a million lives.

The researchers, led by a UW economist, found “that social distancing policies likely do not constitute an overreaction to COVID-19. In a variety of plausible scenarios based on the best available information as of April 3, 2020, we find that the economic benefits of lives saved outweigh the value of the projected losses of GDP by about $5.2 trillion,” the authors wrote in article that will be published by a Cambridge University journal.

That's libs in higher education tamping down the economy (now work no good after lamenting that no work no good.) Can't win for fuckin' losin', RG.

I'm gonna tell you what though: the workers should call 911 and report the bastards who are holding a gun to their head.

But, you know what's going on? "Fuck this, I'm gettin' time & a half. I ain't giving that up. No fuckin' way."

RandomGuy
04-16-2020, 12:02 AM
Cuck

:lol

You will keep saying that. It is funny to me.

RandomGuy
04-16-2020, 12:03 AM
That's libs in higher education tamping down the economy (now work no good after lamenting that no work no good.) Can't win for fuckin' losin', RG.

I'm gonna tell you what though: the workers should call 911 and report the bastards who are holding a gun to their head.

But, you know what's going on? "Fuck this, I'm gettin' time & a half. I ain't giving that up. No fuckin' way."

Bla bla bla.

Look up the article, and try to understand the economics. Conservatism is literally a drag on the economy.

RandomGuy
04-16-2020, 12:03 AM
People start dying in much bigger numbers when systems and cultivation of resources get neglected. Chumpettes don't care about that.

:lol Ayn Rand wanna be. Economics fail.

midnightpulp
04-16-2020, 12:21 AM
Bla bla bla.

Look up the article, and try to understand the economics. Conservatism is literally a drag on the economy.

At some point, us bleeding hearts will have to face the prospect of reopening relatively soon (not like next week or anything, but maybe by summer's beginning). We want to save lives, but we also don't want to see main street decimated, because the victor of the decimation of main street is your big corporations. Starbucks would welcome the mom-and-pop cafes closing. Fast food conglomerates would welcome the mom-and-pop diners and restaurants closing. And bankruptcy predators (like Trump's boy Ross) are licking their chops at all the devalued assets they'll be able to snatch up in the aftermath. I always put lives above money, but we're going to need a plan to save life and save the main streets around the country. It doesn't have to be a false dilemma. We can do both. But as said, what we need is testing, testing, testing. Serotesting especially. Those who have immunity can go full bore back to business and commerce.

Thread
04-16-2020, 01:27 AM
At some point, us bleeding hearts will have to face the prospect of reopening relatively soon (not like next week or anything, but maybe by summer's beginning). We want to save lives, but we also don't want to see main street decimated, because the victor of the decimation of main street is your big corporations. Starbucks would welcome the mom-and-pop cafes closing. Fast food conglomerates would welcome the mom-and-pop diners and restaurants closing. And bankruptcy predators (like Trump's boy Ross) are licking their chops at all the devalued assets they'll be able to snatch up in the aftermath. I always put lives above money, but we're going to need a plan to save life and save the main streets around the country. It doesn't have to be a false dilemma. We can do both. But as said, what we need is testing, testing, testing. Serotesting especially. Those who have immunity can go full bore back to business and commerce.

Christ, you was this{}close & shit the bed, Midst.

You've been closer, but, I'll be damned if I can cite it.

midnightpulp
04-16-2020, 01:44 AM

That guy is a special piece of shit. Bankruptcy king. And he's Trump's boy, because Trump hired the SOB. Just because Ross has the (R) beside his name don't make him sinless, Cub.

Spurtacular
04-16-2020, 04:29 AM
:lol Ayn Rand wanna be. Economics fail.

More triggered cuck. Now laugh like a mindless cuck that I said the word.

Thread
04-16-2020, 05:59 AM
That guy is a special piece of shit. Bankruptcy king. And he's Trump's boy, because Trump hired the SOB. Just because Ross has the (R) beside his name don't make him sinless, Cub.

Christ, if I'd a known you was sinless, Midst, I sure woulda genuflected years ago.

RandomGuy
04-16-2020, 08:06 AM

Fully agree. We need to ramp up testing massively still, and do contact tracing. We aren't even close to being there.

It is the biggest failure of the administration so far.

Without both testing for the virus and serotesting, we are going to be limping along for a while. "normal" is still about a year out.

RandomGuy
04-16-2020, 08:08 AM

Ross has been insider trading the entire time he has been secretary.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-19/wilbur-ross-wins-approval-for-short-sale-of-kremlin-linked-firm

In any other normal Republican administration he would have been canned, and arrested.

https://www.newsweek.com/wilbur-ross-accused-insider-trading-bank-ireland-745421

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics/commerce-secretary-denies-insider-trading/index.html

RandomGuy
04-16-2020, 08:12 AM
cuck. cuck

YES! YES! Keep saying it. Add a couple more per post. If you aren't sounding vaguely like a chicken, you are not doing it right.

:lmao

picnroll
04-16-2020, 08:15 AM
Random Cuck triggered by life.

If you decide to ignore required safe practices are you willing to waive or refute medical care if you become infected with COVID?

Spurtacular
04-16-2020, 08:16 AM
YES! YES! Keep saying it. Add a couple more per post. If you aren't sounding vaguely like a chicken, you are not doing it right.

:lmao

Should we go back to KidnapperGuy?

Will that stop you from constantly lashing out?

Spurtacular
04-16-2020, 08:24 AM
If you decide to ignore required safe practices are you willing to waive or refute medical care if you become infected with COVID?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

RandomGuy
04-16-2020, 08:45 AM
Should we go back to KidnapperGuy?

Will that stop you from constantly lashing out?

I did not tell you to stop. I want more chicken noises from you. Get cuck-cuck-cucking. :lmao

Spurtacular
04-16-2020, 09:54 AM
I did not tell you to stop. I want more chicken noises from you. Get cuck-cuck-cucking. :lmao

Get a hold of yourself, KidnapperGuy.

Winehole23
04-16-2020, 10:06 AM
Fully agree. We need to ramp up testing massively still, and do contact tracing. We aren't even close to being there.

It is the biggest failure of the administration so far.

Without both testing for the virus and serotesting, we are going to be limping along for a while. "normal" is still about a year out.Undertesting is a feature, not a bug, I fear. For Trump COVID 19 is primarily a PR and electoral problem. From the beginning he's emphasized the importance of keeping numbers -- rather than infection and death -- down.

Not testing and masses of people dying at home without ever seeing a doctor will keep the numbers down.Lowballing the death count will even become more important with the push to reestablish business as usual.

Until we're shown otherwise, undertesting is the de facto US policy on COVID-19.