PDA

View Full Version : The Gentleman - movie review

SpursforSix
04-15-2020, 01:41 PM
Guy Richie British gangster movie with Matthew McConawhatever, Colin Ferell, and Hugh Grant. Slick production and good story. MMC is OK but the weakest of the main characters imo. Still an entertaining movie.
I don't remember this every being in theaters.

Easy 8/10

04-15-2020, 11:34 PM
This was alright. Not something id ever rewatch though tbh. Not sure if Guy Ritchies schtick is getting played out or if it just wasnt that good really. Because I really like Snatch and LS&2SB

SpursforSix
04-16-2020, 11:09 AM
This was alright. Not something id ever rewatch though tbh. Not sure if Guy Ritchies schtick is getting played out or if it just wasnt that good really. Because I really like Snatch and LS&2SB

Maybe you didn't see my rating.

But seriously, it's been so long since I saw Snatch and LS, that it was actually refreshing. I will say that I've begun to not like MMC. He's a little creepy and not in a cool way.

Chucho
04-16-2020, 03:18 PM

Two of my Top Ten Faves of All Time. The wife watched it while I was cooking a week, was going to re-watch it in full, but unsure now. Thanks for the feedback.

04-16-2020, 05:57 PM
Maybe you didn't see my rating.

But seriously, it's been so long since I saw Snatch and LS, that it was actually refreshing. I will say that I've begun to not like MMC. He's a little creepy and not in a cool way.
I saw it, my post was mostly unrelated to yours though. But yeah I don't think this is a bad movie really, just not up to par with his previous work imho tbh.

Two of my Top Ten Faves of All Time. The wife watched it while I was cooking a week, was going to re-watch it in full, but unsure now. Thanks for the feedback.
I say go for it. Surely it's worth at least a watch. You might end up liking it more than me tbh