PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Report: Warriors tried to trade Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson for Chris Paul in 2011

ducks
04-16-2020, 06:07 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-warriors-tried-trade-stephen-200806056.html

Millennial_Messiah
04-16-2020, 11:19 PM
so Anthony Davis ends up on the Charlotte Bobcats and thus becomes a Hornet in any case. Nothing woulda changed except that the OKC would have likely won rings with Durant/Westbrook since the New Orleans franchise, despite a loaded backcourt of shooting, wouldn't have enough defense and fan support to ever get past the 2nd round. Interesting.

The Warriors woulda been fun for a few years with Draymond setting illegal screens for CP3 to flutter his way to the basket and alley oop to guys like Bogut and Ezeli all day, but they would have likely been first or second round fodder as well.

daslicer
04-16-2020, 11:30 PM
so Anthony Davis ends up on the Charlotte Bobcats and thus becomes a Hornet in any case. Nothing woulda changed except that the OKC would have likely won rings with Durant/Westbrook since the New Orleans franchise, despite a loaded backcourt of shooting, wouldn't have enough defense and fan support to ever get past the 2nd round. Interesting.

The Warriors woulda been fun for a few years with Draymond setting illegal screens for CP3 to flutter his way to the basket and alley oop to guys like Bogut and Ezeli all day, but they would have likely been first or second round fodder as well.

Spurs also end up winning another title with #2 but #2 still bolts afterwards.

Millennial_Messiah
04-16-2020, 11:33 PM
Spurs also end up winning another title with #2 but #2 still bolts afterwards.

Nah. I don't think the bumfuck refs/league would have let the Spurs beat OKC from 2015-2017. We barely got past them in 2014 and the big 3 were already on their last legs.

daslicer
04-16-2020, 11:41 PM
Nah. I don't think the bumfuck refs/league would have let the Spurs beat OKC from 2015-2017. We barely got past them in 2014 and the big 3 were already on their last legs.

You could be right about that. Still I would have preferred that type of ending compared to what happened with the Warriors in '17.

Millennial_Messiah
04-16-2020, 11:48 PM
You could be right about that. Still I would have preferred that type of ending compared to what happened with the Warriors in '17.

even with healthy MVPKawhi (I'm firmly on Kawhi's side, fuck that bumfuck Poop, don't even get me started, I've pretty much disowned the Spurs since around 2018) I don't think the bumfuck zebras allow the Spurs to win that series... best case is Spurs take it to 7 and then the 7th game goes pretty much exactly the way that game 6 in 2012 vs. OKC went.

daslicer
04-16-2020, 11:52 PM
even with healthy MVPKawhi (I'm firmly on Kawhi's side, fuck that bumfuck Poop, don't even get me started, I've pretty much disowned the Spurs since around 2018) I don't think the bumfuck zebras allow the Spurs to win that series... best case is Spurs take it to 7 and then the 7th game goes pretty much exactly the way that game 6 in 2012 vs. OKC went.

Like I said before if that scenario happens it's easier to digest than what happened in '17 with the Warriors. The Zaza cheap shot created a dark cloud for the organization that they are still suffering to this date.

Millennial_Messiah
04-17-2020, 12:07 AM
Like I said before if that scenario happens it's easier to digest than what happened in '17 with the Warriors. The Zaza cheap shot created a dark cloud for the organization that they are still suffering to this date.

yeah, but it was a systematic job, don't blame it on the Eurotrash pawn on the chess board. It was a top-down thing.

Kerr was obviously in on it, and I'm not sure that Poop wasn't in on it as well, seeing as Kawhi needed to be "humbled" or whatever Soviet crap Poop believes in. Timmy suffered a similar fate in the spring of 2000 and Poop just wouldn't have a superstar that didn't experience "adversity".

daslicer
04-17-2020, 12:24 AM
yeah, but it was a systematic job, don't blame it on the Eurotrash pawn on the chess board. It was a top-down thing.

Kerr was obviously in on it, and I'm not sure that Poop wasn't in on it as well, seeing as Kawhi needed to be "humbled" or whatever Soviet crap Poop believes in. Timmy suffered a similar fate in the spring of 2000 and Poop just wouldn't have a superstar that didn't experience "adversity".

This is where you show you are a conspiracy nutcase. I don't buy into it that Pop was down with the hit job on #2 to teach him a lesson. I do believe though Kerr did send in Zaza out of desperation to take out #2. Also Pop was just soft in that situation. He didn't retaliate are call Zaza a cheap shot until a few days later when it was obvious. That's when I wanted Pop to just quit because he showed he had no fire anymore or care about competing.

daslicer
04-17-2020, 12:26 AM
Also I just hated that Warriors team on the same level I hated the '00 Lakers. Just a hateable bunch. Didn't hate OKC on the same level when they were beating us.

Millennial_Messiah
04-17-2020, 12:36 AM
This is where you show you are a conspiracy nutcase. I don't buy into it that Pop was down with the hit job on #2 to teach him a lesson. I do believe though Kerr did send in Zaza out of desperation to take out #2. Also Pop was just soft in that situation. He didn't retaliate are call Zaza a cheap shot until a few days later when it was obvious. That's when I wanted Pop to just quit because he showed he had no fire anymore or care about competing.
Poop is and will always be a communist bumfuck quivering pink turd.

Millennial_Messiah
04-17-2020, 12:38 AM
Also I just hated that Warriors team on the same level I hated the '00 Lakers. Just a hateable bunch. Didn't hate OKC on the same level when they were beating us.

I despised OKC in the Durant era, and had mixed feelings toward the Heatles which started positive but grew increasingly negative year by year, and the only other team that I absolutely hated besides the '00s Lakers and the '15-19 Faggots about as equally was the '06 and '07 Mavs. Especially Cuban at the time was being a real cunt. Glad they didn't win anything in that era. I still do wish that the Heatles had won in 2011.

daslicer
04-17-2020, 01:24 AM
I despised OKC in the Durant era, and had mixed feelings toward the Heatles which started positive but grew increasingly negative year by year, and the only other team that I absolutely hated besides the '00s Lakers and the '15-19 Faggots about as equally was the '06 and '07 Mavs. Especially Cuban at the time was being a real cunt. Glad they didn't win anything in that era. I still do wish that the Heatles had won in 2011.

Ibaka and Perkins were the most hateable players on OKC. Ibaka would always show off and taunt the Spurs along with playing out of his ass which really annoyed me. Perkins for some reason was always obsessed with trying to start fights with Duncan. Westbrook was a clown and Durant was just soft. Overall that team was not likeable but not on the same levels of being hateable as '00 Lakers or the Warriors. I do agree with you the Mav's team from '05-'07 was super hateable and they would have been on the Laker/Warriors level of hatred if had won a title.

daslicer
04-17-2020, 01:25 AM
Poop is and will always be a communist bumfuck quivering pink turd.

Pop is many things but a communist is not one of them. Just because he criticizes and disagrees with Trump does not make him a communist.

Millennial_Messiah
04-17-2020, 01:30 AM
Ibaka and Perkins were the most hateable players on OKC. Ibaka would always show off and taunt the Spurs along with playing out of his ass which really annoyed me. Perkins for some reason was always obsessed with trying to start fights with Duncan. Westbrook was a clown and Durant was just soft. Overall that team was not likeable but not on the same levels of being hateable as '00 Lakers or the Warriors. I do agree with you the Mav's team from '05-'07 was super hateable and they would have been on the Laker/Warriors level of hatred if had won a title.

I always referred to Ibaka as "Ibola" (pronounced like ebola, and this was well before the '14 ebola epidemic thing) and despised that whole team because they innovated the "jump into your man to draw a foul every time" cheesing crap that the Warrior splash brother faggots emulated and blatantly plagiarized

then again, Dogface No-win-zki was also a foul whore too, and I never had much respect for that faggot the way that some did and still do, especially after Nash left in '04 (and I legitimately respected and did have positive feelings for the Nash Suns teams even though they were our major rivals for a time).

Millennial_Messiah
04-17-2020, 01:34 AM
Pop is many things but a communist is not one of them. Just because he criticizes and disagrees with Trump does not make him a communist.

He's always been a pinko, look back and recall that he donated to both Obama and Kerry (within the legal limits) even as other guys like Sloan would donate to the GOP candidate.

daslicer
04-17-2020, 01:37 AM
I always referred to Ibaka as "Ibola" (pronounced like ebola, and this was well before the '14 ebola epidemic thing) and despised that whole team because they innovated the "jump into your man to draw a foul every time" cheesing crap that the Warrior splash brother faggots emulated and blatantly plagiarized

then again, Dogface No-win-zki was also a foul whore too, and I never had much respect for that faggot the way that some did and still do, especially after Nash left in '04 (and I legitimately respected and did have positive feelings for the Nash Suns teams even though they were our major rivals for a time).

Warriors by far were insufferable. Not even the Lakers celebrated on every possession like the way Klay/Curry and those clowns did. The warriors became super hateable once Draymond became the leader of that team starting in 2015. The rest of that team transformed to emulate his behavior.

lefty
04-17-2020, 01:41 AM
Warriors are more hatable than tje 00s Lakers

daslicer
04-17-2020, 01:51 AM

The more I think about it you are right. Not even the Lakers celebrated like they did every game on every possession.

Millennial_Messiah
04-17-2020, 09:20 AM

nobody was as hateable as prime Kobe... and then you had Fisher who is one of the most disgusting excuses for a human being of all time... and a bunch of their older role players were fucking assholes honestly.

lefty
04-17-2020, 10:18 AM
nobody was as hateable as prime Kobe... and then you had Fisher who is one of the most disgusting excuses for a human being of all time... and a bunch of their older role players were fucking assholes honestly.

Pretty much all / most championship teams are arrogant (except the Spurs, too classy :cry)

80s Celtics and Lakers were arrogant, Zeke’s Pistons, Bulls, 00s Lakers

We hated the 00s Lakers because they beat us multiple times and that hate was compounded by their arrogance, but they weren’t worse than other dynasties

Warriors are the most insufferable phaggots

Celebrating every basket like they won a title like Dasclicer said

Then you have that midget Beige Brandon Jennings flexing his tiny biceps after every and one

FrostKing
04-17-2020, 05:03 PM
Early 2000s Lakers were smug but also the most dominant of all those teams mentioned

Warriors worst on the court because of the mentioned showboating but off the court they are all likable and somewhat down to Earth

Heat would be more hated if not for being humbled so many times. Almost felt bad for them at one point

Spurs were a machine but Manu & Parker both had plenty of emotion. But they were overachieving foreigners and Duncan is ideal franchise player

In hindsight KG's Celtics got a big pass for many factors - lovable losers on storied franchise being resurrected. But they are the only team that I think has lessened their reputation recently

Late 2000's Lakers were bullies - Kobe, Bynum and Artest. I respected their old fashioned post play. Imagine if they tried that approach today

lefty
04-17-2020, 05:51 PM
I agree on GS players not being to bad off the court

ducks
04-19-2020, 12:14 AM
What did they do off court
Trash the president I call that bad
They leave China alone though
Only say something if it might not cost them a penny

daslicer
04-19-2020, 02:03 AM
What did they do off court
Trash the president I call that bad
They leave China alone though
Only say something if it might not cost them a penny

How offended were you by them insulting your White God?

KobesAchilles
04-19-2020, 10:31 AM
Tbh Lebron would have 6 rings and be the undisputed GOAT had this trade gone down. Jordan is thanking his lucky stars that the Pelicans are just as badly run as his Hornets.