PDA

View Full Version : Our new starting center: Bruce Bowen

ChumpDumper
11-05-2005, 10:54 PM
Nazr or Rasho to Memphis for Lorenzen Wright (whichever they ask for).

Book it.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Or.... we could just play Nazr instead of letting him ride the pine.

leemajors
11-05-2005, 10:56 PM
if he could do anything worthwhile while in the game i'm sure he would get more pt.

JoeChalupa
11-05-2005, 10:57 PM
It happens.

Ghost Writer
11-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Wright is a nice veteran, but I would prefer a shot blocker.

Stromile Swift is buried on the bench again, now in Houston.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Every big man save Duncan flat out sucked tonight.

I can only think Pop figured if they aren't going to rebound or rotate, might as well try small ball.

Pistons < Spurs
11-05-2005, 11:00 PM
According to the box score, Nazr played 5 min..... Rasho played 17min....Fabri played 3minutes.

So who played the 5 spot most of the night?

Did Pop fall asleep, and forget to make some rotations?

Also, it looks like Rasho had some decent production for the limited minutes he played.

Ghost Writer
11-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Dallas's run-and-gun smaller lineup dictated Pop's paterns.

I prefer when the Spurs set the tone and force the opponents to adjust.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Wright is a nice veteran, but I would prefer a shot blocker.

Stromile Swift is buried on the bench again, now in Houston.Swift will always be a bench player -- he can't stay out of foul trouble in actual system defenses.

As for Wright, it's not so much about getting better than it is about getting something different.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Dallas's run-and-gun smaller lineup dictated Pop's paterns.

I prefer when the Spurs set the tone and force the opponents to adjust.A Dampier/Dirk/Van Horn frontline is small?

Pistons < Spurs
11-05-2005, 11:06 PM
A Dampier/Dirk/Van Horn frontline is small?

LOL that was my next question..

Solid D
11-05-2005, 11:07 PM
According to the box score, Nazr played 5 min..... Rasho played 17min....Fabri played 3minutes.

So who played the 5 spot most of the night?

Did Pop fall asleep, and forget to make some rotations?

Also, it looks like Rasho had some decent production for the limited minutes he played.

Tim played 5 a lot tonight. Horry played 4 when Rasho or Nazr weren't in there.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2005, 11:09 PM
And Finley and Bruce played the four when Horry proved just as ineffective.

Ghost Writer
11-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Those 3 are tall but are as soft as Charmin.

Nowitski and Van Horn are basically perimeter players and Van Exel has a better post game than Dampier.

C'mon, guys.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Those 3 are tall but are as soft as Charmin.So we should've been able to punish them inside right?

I have to watch the Clipper game to see quality basketball tonight.

Pathetic.

Ghost Writer
11-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Exactly.

I don't understnd why the Spurs did not try to dictate the pace with strong inside play tonight against those guys.

Frustrating.

P.S.

I like that underutilized Chris Wilcox on the Clippers.

ChumpDumper
11-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Simple, once we got in our halfcourt sets we'd throw a lazy pass right to a Mav. It would be one thing if they were really playing the lanes aggressively, but they were just standing in front of our guys. NVE was expecting his weak shit to pass through defenders or something.

Rescueone
11-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Nick, Barry, and Beno sucked last night. All had terrible turn overs. Nick had three in a row and never came out of the game!

SouthernFried
11-06-2005, 10:41 AM
What's going on with Nazr? Why didn't Pop play him last night?

wildbill2u
11-06-2005, 12:05 PM

Book it.

Speaking of Bruce Bowen, did you take a look at his box score last night. I think is was all 'zeros' except for fg attempts. I've never seen a starter with a worse box score when he played siginificant minutes.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Well, playing a 200 pounder at the 4 can do that.

exstatic
11-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Nazr is sucking. They should just never pass the ball to him in the post. He doesn't understand basic basketball: if three guys swarm you in the post, you pass back out. Either the man outside is open, or, when the extra defenders are forced to leave, you get a re-post pass. He just forces shit up.

Mavs<Spurs
11-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Nazr is sucking. They should just never pass the ball to him in the post. He doesn't understand basic basketball: if three guys swarm you in the post, you pass back out. Either the man outside is open, or, when the extra defenders are forced to leave, you get a re-post pass. He just forces shit up.

Nazr does not have a post game at all.

His points are all garbage points, cleaning things up.

Mavs<Spurs
11-06-2005, 12:35 PM

Book it.

I thought that Pop's move to have Tony guard Dirk was intriguing.
Interesting strategy.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Those were old Nellie-era forced switches.

AJ learned well.

Gummi
11-06-2005, 12:57 PM
The big men we have are more then capable of doing the job that is required of them. Rasho had a nice game last night and people, don't forget that our centers aren't on the floor for points and nice stats. Theit main purpose is to play solid defense and rebound the ball.

I didn't like when Pop used 4 swing players and Duncan against the Mavs late in the game when they had Van Horn (6'10), Nowitzki (7'0) and Howard (6'8) out there and owning us on the boards. Why not throw Horry out there and take either Barry or Bowen. It's not like Bowen was having a steller game against Dirk.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2005, 01:03 PM
It's not like Bowen was having a steller game against Dirk.Better than Horry.

fdmf
11-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Wow...I wish I had gotten to see what the guys did last night...I was only able to catch the updates on Yahoo's Gamechannel and it looked like everyone was stinking it up. In the fourth it looked like Tony Parker was the only guy out on the floor if you follow what their updates were.

Luckily...UPN decided to show the new classic Wayne's World 2 here instead of the game...

Gummi
11-06-2005, 01:29 PM
I wanted to see another tall player in there with Duncan. Bowen was playing solid D on Dirk but no better then Horry was. If Pop would've added Horry for Bowen, I think they wouldn't have gotten 2 or 3 key offensive rebounds late in the 4th.