PDA

View Full Version : How Steve Kerr drinking beer reflected a Warriors culture Kevin Durant wanted to be part of Unlike sa

ducks
04-18-2020, 07:35 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/how-steve-kerr-drinking-beer-reflected-a-warriors-culture-kevin-durant-wanted-to-be-part-of/?fbclid=IwAR1BL2YBmQ66XTAqYdl3zV3vt7ZTAfwUlT1BWNY6 AAtcft_porvijV0BVBA

DMC
04-19-2020, 02:18 AM
Bullshit. KD wanted a ring. End of story.

Dex
04-19-2020, 10:19 AM

Bingo. Dude thought he was gonna raise his legacy simply by putting a couple rings on his fingers despite going to a loaded team where he didn't really have to earn them.

Sure, he's a champion now, but no one really counts them. Maybe that tune will change over time, but he will still be remembered as one of the weakest head-cases the game has seen in a long time.

He and Kyrie are going to kill each other after 30 games once he comes back.

baseline bum
04-19-2020, 10:47 AM

Thread closed down on the second post. :lol

Still the weakest FA move in American pro sports history. Would be like Isiah going to the Lakers in 89.

hombre
04-19-2020, 11:39 AM
Punk move.

Gibbz
04-19-2020, 12:17 PM
Huh? SA has historically had the drunkest coaches and front office in the NBA.

daslicer
04-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Thread closed down on the second post. :lol

Still the weakest FA move in American pro sports history. Would be like Isiah going to the Lakers in 89.

It would be like Hakeem going to the Bulls in '92.

Joseph Kony
04-19-2020, 12:30 PM
Lol. That's why he bitched endlessly since he left about how he didnt "fit in with those guys" and had issues with Draymond from day 1 :lmao he didnt go there for culture. he went there for easy rings, plain and simple, which is why he bolted as soon as he got them

daslicer
04-19-2020, 12:33 PM
Lol. That's why he bitched endlessly since he left about how he didnt "fit in with those guys" and had issues with Draymond from day 1 :lmao he didnt go there for culture. he went there for easy rings, plain and simple, which is why he bolted as soon as he got them

Agreed. He was desperate to get rings and wanted to do it the easiest way possible.

baseline bum
04-19-2020, 12:37 PM
It would be like Hakeem going to the Bulls in '92.

Durant wishes he was Hakeem. :lol

DMC
04-19-2020, 01:10 PM
Bingo. Dude thought he was gonna raise his legacy simply by putting a couple rings on his fingers despite going to a loaded team where he didn't really have to earn them.

Sure, he's a champion now, but no one really counts them. Maybe that tune will change over time, but he will still be remembered as one of the weakest head-cases the game has seen in a long time.

I don't think it will change over time, except for the worse. Typically recency bias is favorable, not negative. KD was dominant in those series and he's a force, and in today's NBA he's almost the perfect weapon (no real M2M defense, tall enough to contest, can't be stopped on offense). When you look at the entire body of work though, he'll be remembered for his time in OKC. That's where he shined and could have done even more without that lower % chucker hogging shots.

spurs10
04-19-2020, 02:22 PM
Durant's reason for joining the team who beat him are transparent. He wanted a ring and that was the easiest way possible.

Spurtacular
04-19-2020, 03:37 PM

:lol Yea, I don't think I'm going to bother to read this propaganda piece.

DJR210
04-19-2020, 08:41 PM

R. DeMurre
04-19-2020, 09:08 PM
KD wanted a ring, sure. I can't blame him for that. But I think the missing part of this story is Russell Westbrook. Russ demonstrated for too many years in a row that he wouldn't stop taking bad shots and wouldn't stop dominating the ball. I think KD just came to the realization that he was never going to win a ring with Russ. After Paul George joined OKC, there were a few Kumbaya moments where Russ's defenders were apt to say "see? Russ's teammates like him!" but given the chance to play with Kawhi, PG jumped at it, for what I imagine were the same reasons that KD left.

TDMVPDPOY
04-19-2020, 10:13 PM
he got a few cock rings...he shouldnt be complaining

Gibbz
04-19-2020, 10:30 PM
Even though I'm sure Russ can be a nightmare to play with, KD choked massively in that final series of OKC/GS before joining them. He shot like 42/29 splits for the full series and was 10/31 FG 1/8 3 in that disastrous home game 6 where Klay went nuclear. He had an even 106/106 ORtg/DRtg while Russ was actually 109/104 even while shooting >40% from the field. That's just straight pucker factor for someone with KD's size and ability. He couldn't ring until the talent level of his team was completely lopsided.

daslicer
04-19-2020, 10:40 PM
Even though I'm sure Russ can be a nightmare to play with, KD choked massively in that final series of OKC/GS before joining them. He shot like 42/29 splits for the full series and was 10/31 FG 1/8 3 in that disastrous home game 6 where Klay went nuclear. He had an even 106/106 ORtg/DRtg while Russ was actually 109/104 even while shooting >40% from the field. That's just straight pucker factor for someone with KD's size and ability. He couldn't ring until the talent level of his team was completely lopsided.

Yup I remember KD choking hard in game 6. Before he joined the Warriors I felt he was going to be the millennial generation's Karl Malone. Like Malone a guy who can win a lot of regular season games and put up big numbers but will always come short in the big games.

phxspurfan
04-20-2020, 01:05 AM
Also, note Durant is now selling his house in Oakland after ditching the Bay Area once things got not easy here

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/Kevin-Durant-Oakland-Hills-mansion-for-sale-15200090.php#dfpAd-dfp-2

phxspurfan
04-20-2020, 01:07 AM

KD was never going to win a title in OKC. He shat the bed every chance he had in every big game. And Russ would also just randomly chuck their way out of important games. If it wasnt for Ibaka playing out of his mind and Harden playing well as a sixth man there, they wouldnt even have had one finals appearance. With 3 "MVPs".

Meanwhile Spurs won it all 4 times with players the league treated like bench guys (Parker, Manu, Bowen)...

KobesAchilles
04-20-2020, 06:04 AM
Dude rang back to back. Something Duncan wasn’t able to do. He’s already top 10 all time

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-20-2020, 12:33 PM
Dude rang back to back. Something Duncan wasn’t able to do. He’s already top 10 all time

I'm not sure you can say KD is top ten all-time. Well, you can say whatever you want, but he's not.

And Ducks, this is a dumb thread, even for you.

MultiTroll
04-20-2020, 01:40 PM
:lol Yea, I don't think I'm going to bother to read this propaganda piece.

TDMVPDPOY
04-20-2020, 10:25 PM

lol even kirby isnt top10, and u want this pos in top10?

KobesAchilles
04-21-2020, 12:11 AM
lol even kirby isnt top10, and u want this pos in top10?
Kobe is top 5 and when it’s all said and done will be remembered far longer than Jim. Durant already has a top 10 career. There are no holes in it after the Warriors got raped by the Raptors :lol once he went down

tbdog
04-21-2020, 12:49 AM
Kobe is top 5 and when it’s all said and done will be remembered far longer than Jim. Durant already has a top 10 career. There are no holes in it after the Warriors got raped by the Raptors :lol once he went down

Kobe can have his popularity. But we all know who's better.

daslicer
04-21-2020, 01:23 AM

Tim as he gets older will become more of a Bill Russell type of figure. He has now the most rings post Jordan era. Doubt we'll see anybody match it in a long time. I don't think Lebron will get to 5 and for any other player in the future it will be harder due to the way FA and trades now happen in the league.

KobesAchilles
04-21-2020, 11:37 AM
The guy who was 4-2 all time in the series they faced each other :lol

Chucho
04-21-2020, 04:33 PM

Shaq and Pau's backs still ain't right from all that carrying.

That ego of his weighed down that helicopter as well...

KobesAchilles
04-21-2020, 06:37 PM
Shaq and Pau's backs still ain't right from all that carrying.

That ego of his weighed down that helicopter as well...
You don’t get to talk about Pau. You shitty ass Spurs fans threw a damn parade at the river walk when they sent his ass to Milwaukee. Complaining about him his entire tenure as a Spur but then come up to me with this Pau’s back be hurting bs. Dude couldn’t even win ONE game in the playoffs as a Grizz nvm a series :lol

tbdog
04-21-2020, 08:15 PM

How many was it without Shaq? I am unsure.

It's a pitty between 2013 and 2016, there were no Laker vs Spurs playoff games.

KobesAchilles
04-21-2020, 08:26 PM
How many was it without Shaq? I am unsure.

It's a pitty between 2013 and 2016, there were no Laker vs Spurs playoff games.
There was one tbh but I don’t count it since Kobe didn’t play in it since he tore his Achilles (hence my username). I just changed my avatar since the old pic seemed disrespectful once he died (the one of him grimacing once he tore it) and now everyone thinks I’m a Kobe Stan. But since I followed the NBA just as much as I did the Spurs growing up, I will play the part and pretend I’m a Kobe fan when somebody incorrectly assumes I’m a Laker/Kobe fan. Helps since I’m so bored tbh.

K...
04-22-2020, 08:02 AM
Durant massively helped his career by being a beta. best player on best team absolutely helps. sometimes cynicism pays off.

in retrospect . not only did Durant win, but he was probably part of Kawhis extraordinary move to LA. with a more even playing field, Kawhi might play out his contact, take the super max, and be a quiet star. but seeing Durant win big by being a bitch moved some gears leage wide.

lefty
04-22-2020, 09:44 AM
:lol at Kobe being top 5

Prose
04-26-2020, 12:42 PM

decades later people forget what was going on in that era so they will just see his rings and give him credit

baseline bum
04-26-2020, 01:09 PM
:lol at Kobe being top 5

Did he just mean shooting guards? Probably so, that makes more sense.

1. Jordan
2. Wade
3a. Drexler
3b. Snitch
3c. Iverson

Dex
04-26-2020, 01:23 PM
decades later people forget what was going on in that era so they will just see his rings and give him credit

Not true.

Horry got 7 rings as a role players.

Kerr got 5 rings as a role player.

History will remember them as some of the greatest role players....but they will never be considered one of the GOATs.

At this point, Durant's rings are still riding the on the coattails of an already great team. He didn't lead them to anything. And he will be forgotten unless he leads another team to something.

widowmaker
04-26-2020, 01:36 PM
Kobe sucks and is also dead. It is what it is.

alpha_HaZE
04-27-2020, 02:28 AM
In the BS podcast, he pretty much said it was the money from investment opportunities in the Bay Area and building his brand.

Prose
04-29-2020, 06:37 PM
Not true.

Horry got 7 rings as a role players.

Kerr got 5 rings as a role player.

History will remember them as some of the greatest role players....but they will never be considered one of the GOATs.

At this point, Durant's rings are still riding the on the coattails of an already great team. He didn't lead them to anything. And he will be forgotten unless he leads another team to something.

you can't compare durant to steve kerr, durant is clearly in a different stratosphere from those two role players. Nobody thinks durant is a role players so why would they compare him to one?

BillMc
04-29-2020, 06:51 PM
Did he just mean shooting guards? Probably so, that makes more sense.

1. Jordan
2. Wade
3a. Drexler
3b. Snitch
3c. Iverson

You could add West too, Kobe's own mentor.

Dex
04-29-2020, 07:17 PM
you can't compare durant to steve kerr, durant is clearly in a different stratosphere from those two role players. Nobody thinks durant is a role players so why would they compare him to one?

You are the one who brought up the RINGS argument.

A lot of player have rings...as shown by the examples I provided.

History will remember the players who earned them. Durant is a great player by no stretch of the imagination, and deserves the MVP he earned with OKC....

....but he didn't earn any of his rings.

baseline bum
04-29-2020, 07:23 PM
You could add West too, Kobe's own mentor.

Nah, maybe top 10 SG but not top 5 for West.

BillMc
04-30-2020, 12:12 AM
Nah, maybe top 10 SG but not top 5 for West.

West was better than both Iverson and Clyde.

ducks
04-30-2020, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure you can say KD is top ten all-time. Well, you can say whatever you want, but he's not.

And Ducks, this is a dumb thread, even for you.

Yet you posted something in it

ducks
04-30-2020, 02:49 PM
Kobe sucks and is also dead. It is what it is.

Oh I was told here can not talk bad about dead

widowmaker
04-30-2020, 06:47 PM
Oh I was told here can not talk bad about dead

You have my permission i served 20 years in the military to preserve our rights one of them being freedom of speech. Now go forth.