PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge would like to finish his career with the Spurs

ducks
04-18-2020, 09:19 PM
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2020/4/16/21224019/lamarcus-aldridge-would-like-to-finish-his-career-with-the-spurs?fbclid=IwAR0yCmwKrR3riJhg61IjiHSZ1V3BSUT6fh4-KfRuLHycd6bfLnqeSxgNhvA

BackHome
04-18-2020, 10:17 PM
He kinda implies the Spurs need to go young ie tank and rebuild and he is OK if they ship him to Portland. The only good thing he is not doing a KY and demanding we trade him to one team and fake being hurt until we move him.

Genovaswitness
04-18-2020, 10:27 PM
LMA can go fuck himself. Muh touches was the beginning of the end of the Kawhi era

DMC
04-19-2020, 02:19 AM
He should do that before August, just finish it right out.

slick'81
04-19-2020, 05:03 AM
Wonder how much itll cost to keep him? He also doesnt seem interested in a rebuild

Dverde
04-19-2020, 09:11 AM
Seems reasonable. Not asking for a trade to two LA teams in the press and sitting out playoff games.

Dex
04-19-2020, 10:04 AM
Title is kinda misleading. He says he would be okay with finishing his career in either San Antonio or Portland. He then goes on to hint that he'd prefer to be shipped if the Spurs decided to "go young."

So....basically all stuff we already knew. He's not going to come out while this season isn't finished yet and be like "Fuck the Spurs".

Leetonidas
04-19-2020, 02:35 PM
Say what you want about big softie but at least he manned up and didn't sit out and force a trade killing his value in the process.

Spurtacular
04-19-2020, 03:39 PM
Would much prefer he goes, tbh.

tbdog
04-19-2020, 05:20 PM
I like LMA. Just don't compare him to Duncan, and you'll see he has been really good for us.

DJR210
04-19-2020, 08:34 PM
Isn't the first time we've heard a player say they wanted to stay in SA..

Collins21
04-20-2020, 08:05 AM
I like LMA. Just don't compare him to Duncan, and you'll see he has been really good for us.

Yup he has been good here. It's not even comparing him to Duncan it's that people didn't like him wanting to be the focal point of the team. I want LaMarcus on this team I just don't think him and DeRozan work together but I could be wrong because maybe if they had another guy on the roster who could average at least 15 ppg then they'd might look better.

tbdog
04-20-2020, 08:17 AM
Yup he has been good here. It's not even comparing him to Duncan it's that people didn't like him wanting to be the focal point of the team. I want LaMarcus on this team I just don't think him and DeRozan work together but I could be wrong because maybe if they had another guy on the roster who could average at least 15 ppg then they'd might look better.

I think they work well together. I don't think DD works well with Murray/White/Walker though.

Collins21
04-20-2020, 09:04 AM
I think they work well together. I don't think DD works well with Murray/White/Walker though.

Yeah I don't think that gets recognized enough. This team with DeRozan ,Aldridge and White was a playoff team. I don't think people realize that Murray coming back had a negative effect not he team chemistry.

Strike
04-20-2020, 02:17 PM
I'd rather he didn't.

Prime BEEF
04-20-2020, 02:20 PM
Yeah I don't think that gets recognized enough. This team with DeRozan ,Aldridge and White was a playoff team. I don't think people realize that Murray coming back had a negative effect not he team chemistry.
The team definitely played better when white knew he was the man. So if a white, DDR, LMA foundation team can make the playoffs, I would think if we could get value for a package trade of DDR and Murray then this team would be better. Or at least a playoff team again.

Collins21
04-20-2020, 04:17 PM
The team definitely played better when white knew he was the man. So if a white, DDR, LMA foundation team can make the playoffs, I would think if we could get value for a package trade of DDR and Murray then this team would be better. Or at least a playoff team again.

I agree White looked like he was about explode and even though DJ has had some good performances this year it was nothing like what White did last year because it lead to wins.

daslicer
04-20-2020, 04:44 PM
I agree White looked like he was about explode and even though DJ has had some good performances this year it was nothing like what White did last year because it lead to wins.

White looked special last year. There was so many intangibles he brought. White to me last year was like Nash/Andre Miller lite hybrid.

Collins21
04-20-2020, 04:53 PM
White looked special last year. There was so many intangibles he brought. White to me last year was like Nash/Andre Miller lite hybrid.

I would try to move DJ/DeRozan for Aaron Gordon/Evan Fournier. I believe both teams would get better but for the Spurs I believe a starting line up of White/Fournier/Walker/Gordon/Aldridge would be a solid team.

J_Paco
04-20-2020, 05:19 PM
I would try to move DJ/DeRozan for Aaron Gordon/Evan Fournier. I believe both teams would get better but for the Spurs I believe a starting line up of White/Fournier/Walker/Gordon/Aldridge would be a solid team.

Why would the Magic take DeMar & DeJounte when they already have two similar players in Terrence Ross & Markelle Fultz?

And it isn't as simple as laying the blame of the team's poor performance at the feet of Murray. White hasn't really progressed this year, LaMarcus has become a bigger liability on defense (he's regressed as a rebounder too), Rudy Gay has regressed on both ends and Pop's overall coaching has been much, much worse.

Drafting well, letting Forbes walk and moving one or two of Gay, Aldridge or DeRozan could help the team a lot next season.

MultiTroll
04-20-2020, 05:27 PM
Say what you want about big softie but at least he manned up and didn't sit out and force a trade killing his value in the process.
I know. Darn.

MultiTroll
04-20-2020, 05:28 PM
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2020/4/16/21224019/lamarcus-aldridge-would-like-to-finish-his-career-with-the-spurs?fbclid=IwAR0yCmwKrR3riJhg61IjiHSZ1V3BSUT6fh4-KfRuLHycd6bfLnqeSxgNhvA

Are you going for Pounding the Cock hits?
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278385&page=11&p=10123339#post10123339

Collins21
04-20-2020, 06:19 PM
Why would the Magic take DeMar & DeJounte when they already have two similar players in Terrence Ross & Markelle Fultz?

And it isn't as simple as laying the blame of the team's poor performance at the feet of Murray. White hasn't really progressed this year, LaMarcus has become a bigger liability on defense (he's regressed as a rebounder too), Rudy Gay has regressed on both ends and Pop's overall coaching has been much, much worse.

Drafting well, letting Forbes walk and moving one or two of Gay, Aldridge or DeRozan could help the team a lot next season.

Nah man y'all can't letting Murray off the hook for a shit performance for half the season. White if kept in the starting line up and continuity continued bet this team would have gotten off to a better start. LaMarcus has gotten better this year since he diversified his game. Murray came on strong before the season ended bu the last game against the Mavericks reminded me of that team that went on the streak before the playoffs. Murray but more so Walker ruin many possession by not taking the open shot from instead they do bullshit fakes to either not get to the rim , get to the rim and get stuffed or more likely get to the rim and blow a wide open finish. How many times this year have Murray and Walker blown momentum by missing wide open layups in the half court or transition. These dudes aren't star players they're role players and are expendable. Maybe I'm bias because I'm from the same Neighborhood as Derrick but he's the only keeper of those dudes.

tbdog
04-20-2020, 06:46 PM

Yeah, Murray coming back probably had a negative. I don't blame him, but Pop was unable to find the balance. Avoid playing White and Murray together was just bizaare. As clumsy our offense was at times, it was consistently decent. But our starting D was poor and our bench 3 point shooting was way down with Beli and Gay regresing and Bertans getting traded.

BackHome
04-20-2020, 07:26 PM
To me the issue is Murray needs to be played at shooting guard he is not a PG I am ok handling the ball on fast breaks but half court is where White is at his best as a pure PG.

tbdog
04-20-2020, 10:52 PM
To me the issue is Murray needs to be played at shooting guard he is not a PG I am ok handling the ball on fast breaks but half court is where White is at his best as a pure PG.

Murray's future in the league as a good player comes from him playing the point. If he plays the 2, he will be an undersized 2 that is an iffy shooter. If he can learn to shoot, he would be an undersize 3&D. He is younger than White and lost a year to injury plus another few months of development due to Covid 19. I strongly believe he will be a good starting point guard.