PDA

View Full Version : We need a strategy to “open” the country now!

DMX7
04-21-2020, 11:58 PM
If you listen to the mainstream media you get the impression that we’re all supposed to just sit in our homes for the next 12 months until there is a vaccine or until we can all get tested multiple times per day which isn’t going to happen any time soon.

I think it starts with allowing younger people with no known health complications to start opening up the economy now and begin building herd immunity. Some of what is being said by the far right is irresponsible but the far left is being irresponsible in the opposite direction.

ChumpDumper
04-21-2020, 11:59 PM
If you listen to the mainstream media you get the impression that we’re all supposed to just sit in our homes for the next 12 months until there is a vaccine or until we can all get tested multiple times per day which isn’t going to happen any time soon.

I think it starts with allowing younger people with no known health complications to start opening up the economy now and begin building herd immunity. Some of what is being said by the far right is irresponsible but the far left is being irresponsible in the opposite direction.We're opening. Can't tell you if there's a strategy tbh.

Blake
04-22-2020, 12:00 AM
Cool, lay out a common sense strategy

Thread
04-22-2020, 12:04 AM
X7

SnakeBoy
04-22-2020, 12:13 AM
Cool, lay out a common sense strategy

What could be more common sense than nobody go outside until 2022 best case?

midnightpulp
04-22-2020, 12:16 AM

I think it starts with allowing younger people with no known health complications to start opening up the economy now and begin building herd immunity. Some of what is being said by the far right is irresponsible but the far left is being irresponsible in the opposite direction.

Here's the issue with that. "Younger people with no known health complications" of working age are a minority in American society. There's not enough of them to build any sort of meaningful herd immunity. It's also immoral to proverbially send them "into battle" to willingly get a disease we don't know much about. By all accounts, the hospitalization rate for younger people is higher than the flu. And many younger millennials and Gen-Z still live at home with their parents.

The estimates are that 25-50% of carriers are asymptomatic, so there's a more than a good chance these younger people will infect their whole household and not know it. That's why this virus is tougher than SARS-1, even though SARS-1 had a higher mortality rate. You weren't really infectious unless you showed symptoms with SARS-1.

I would also say that many people who are young and healthy are already working jobs that are "open," from the stay-at-home tech jobs to the essential healthcare, grocery workers, fast food, etc jobs. Also, 65% of Americans per the latest polls said they will still stay-at-home as they were even if restrictions are lifted. If you "open up," the consumer base won't be large enough to save theaters, restaurants, bars, etc. So opening up will do little for the economy but cause more death.

The solution really is patience until testing is ramped up and at least a proven antiviral treatment is found. Sure, small local communities in sparsely populated areas can probably open up more safely, but a national opening up won't achieve much besides undermining all the work we've done this past month to plateau the growth.

DMX7
04-22-2020, 12:37 AM
Here's the issue with that. "Younger people with no known health complications" of working age are a minority in American society. There's not enough of them to build any sort of meaningful herd immunity. It's also immoral to proverbially send them "into battle"....

I realize that, but we have to start somewhere. You could still have social distancing but manageable infection case numbers ... and less likely to be effected people would be getting the virus. Of course no one would be forced to go out.

The solution really is patience until testing is ramped up and at least a proven antiviral treatment is found.

How long are we supposed to wait for that? Until there’s an economic depression?

Xevious
04-22-2020, 01:03 AM
What's the solution? People might need to accept the fact that damage is done. Even if we irresponsibly declare the country "open", life will not go back to normal overnight. It'll be some time before most will be comfortable enough to pack into bars, theaters, cruise ships, amusement parks, sporting events, etc. And regardless, it'll create a massive surge and take a bigger toll on the economy in the long run

Retailers are reopening in the coming weeks for curbside and delivery, most restaurants are already open for curbside, everyone that can work from home likely already is. Baby steps. Others are going to have to find creative new ways to do business while maintaining social distancing. Even places like Disney World will be a different experience when they reopen.

And fuck off to the parrots that keep repeating that we're being forced to stay indoors. Nobody is keeping you inside.

midnightpulp
04-22-2020, 06:46 AM
I realize that, but we have to start somewhere. You could still have social distancing but manageable infection case numbers ... and less likely to be effected people would be getting the virus. Of course no one would be forced to go out.

How long are we supposed to wait for that? Until there’s an economic depression?

Antivirals and a ramp up in testing should hopefully be ready by Summer's end. And during Summer, yes, I would advocate for a very careful and controlled reopening of some sectors. I do think virus transmission rate will drop during the Summer. Australia is a good case study. They really haven't been hit at all despite a late lockdown.

midnightpulp
04-22-2020, 06:53 AM
What's the solution? People might need to accept the fact that damage is done. Even if we irresponsibly declare the country "open", life will not go back to normal overnight. It'll be some time before most will be comfortable enough to pack into bars, theaters, cruise ships, amusement parks, sporting events, etc. And regardless, it'll create a massive surge and take a bigger toll on the economy in the long run

Retailers are reopening in the coming weeks for curbside and delivery, most restaurants are already open for curbside, everyone that can work from home likely already is. Baby steps. Others are going to have to find creative new ways to do business while maintaining social distancing. Even places like Disney World will be a different experience when they reopen.

And fuck off to the parrots that keep repeating that we're being forced to stay indoors. Nobody is keeping you inside.

And also a fuck off to the people who think people who aren't particularly at risk (younger people with no pre-existing conditions) will be comfortable just jumping back into society as before. I'm in a non-risk group, and I still don't want to risk getting this shit. Right now, it's an "unknown." We're comfortable "risking" getting the flu because we have a good idea how our bodies will react to it, since we've been living with the flu for centuries. This is a new virus that attacks differently, and you just don't know how it will affect you. It can claim a healthy 30 year old but a 100 year old can walk away from it. Sure, odds are in my favor to just be a mild case. But I don't want to play the odds. I want certainty.

For more certainty, we need more data. And we don't have that data right now.

boutons_deux
04-22-2020, 07:10 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Ss56BIr.jpg

RandomGuy
04-22-2020, 07:17 AM

There is a strategy put out by the CDC, in the form of guidelines.

The administration isn't, as far as I can tell, really working toward using it.

picnroll
04-22-2020, 07:32 AM

This is the plan but first you need to get past the point to where the healthcare system can handle the load which in some places where they have or are acting responsibly are at or near that point. Places like the southern states will kill themselves now and unfairly kill their healthcare workers. The protesting MAGA idiots are not only trying to force opening prematurely but aren’t and won’t even comply with the necessary behavior that will be required once open like masks and social distancing. Truly stupid people.

hater
04-22-2020, 07:36 AM
people fail to realize that we need to adjust to the virus and not vice versa

we dont decide when and how to open up. the virus does

picnroll
04-22-2020, 07:47 AM
Trash announced in a presser Sunday he will utilize the Defense Production Act for a company in Maine, Puritan, to dramatically increased production of swabs, a bottleneck for testing. It will take 30 days to ramp up this production. States have been screaming at Trash for a couple of months they need swabs all the while he’s been saying it’s not his responsibility. Why did it take Trash so long to get this done? Why has he been lying for months, saying there was and is more than enough capacity for anyone who wants a test to get one. Why did he say that again yesterday because there’s more than enough platforms, a lie of testing availability he obviously knows about. He’s just as always obfuscating to deflect because he knows swabs and kits are the issues not platforms. Trash supporters make excuses for your leaders incompetence in taking responsibility and dealing with a crisis.

hater
04-22-2020, 07:51 AM
Trash announced in a presser Sunday he will utilize the Defense Production Act for a company in Maine, Puritan, to dramatically increased production of swabs, a bottleneck for testing. It will take 30 days to ramp up this production. States have been screaming at Trash for a couple of months all the while he’s been saying it’s not his responsibility. Why did it take Trash to get this done? Why has he been lying for months, saying there was and is more than enough capacity for anyone who wants a test to get one. Why did he say that again yesterday because there’s more than enough platforms, a lie he obviously new he’s was telling to deflect because he knows swabs and kits are the issues not platforms. Trash supporters make excuses for your leaders incompetence in taking responsibility and dealing with a crisis.

swabs are not the only problem

armies of disease tracers will be needed and nobody knows where the $ for these guys will come from and how to even start to hire/train these nigas

:lmao 1st world superpower

a 3 micron bug is obliterating us :lol

midnightpulp
04-22-2020, 07:51 AM
This is my thoughts summed up.

Spurs Homer
04-22-2020, 07:55 AM
In wartime

leaders tell the troops

”if you leave the bunker before i give the order - you will get your head blown off”

idiots leave the bunker and get their heads blown off

the ones who heed the leader survive

let the idiots go out

the rest of us can wait

midnightpulp
04-22-2020, 07:57 AM

armies of disease tracers will be needed and nobody knows where the $ for these guys will come from and how to even start to hire/train these nigas

With 3rd world leadership. That's our problem. Just imagine the healthcare infrastructure (and general infrastructure overall) we could have if we focused our energy on that instead of fighting goat herders for 20 years and building trillions worth of planes, subs, carriers, tanks, bases, etc, etc? It would put everyone else to shame. South Korea, Germany, etc healthcare would look like a cute toy next to it. And Dems are guilty just the same of this "3rd World Leadership." No politician in my lifetime ever had the guts or integrity to cut defense spending and spend it on healthcare and education. Eisenhower issued that warning 60 years ago, and it has come true.

https://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-we-must-guard-against-the-acquisition-of-unwarranted-influence-whether-sought-or-unsought-by-the-dwight-d-eisenhower-56601.jpg

Thread
04-22-2020, 07:58 AM
In wartime

leaders tell the troops

”if you leave the bunker before i give the order - you will get your head blown off”

idiots leave the bunker and get their heads blown off

the ones who heed the leader survive

let the idiots go out

the rest of us can wait

Though you had nary problem letting them leave the bunker to blow up Sanders, by God.

Spurs Homer
04-22-2020, 08:02 AM
Though you had nary problem letting them leave the bunker to blow up Sanders, by God.

nah

i supported sanders

but he didnt have the votes and there was a bigger evil to defeat-

the brainwashed cult and its traitor criminal leader

priorities

Thread
04-22-2020, 08:06 AM
nah

i supported sanders

but he didnt have the votes and there was a bigger evil to defeat-

the brainwashed cult and its traitor criminal leader

priorities

Regardless, they was still urged to leave the bunker to vote.

DMX7
04-22-2020, 08:12 AM
Antivirals and a ramp up in testing should hopefully be ready by Summer's end.

That sounds very early to me. I’ve heard we can expect that more like next year.

midnightpulp
04-22-2020, 08:15 AM
That sounds very early to me. I’ve heard we can expect that more like next year.

The vaccine has a timeline of 12-18 months. Ramped up testing should be achievable by the Summer. An effective antiviral is anyone's guess, but I'm hopeful.

Play Boban
04-22-2020, 08:19 AM
As a young healthy person I would go out there right now. Stop being scared smh! Liberate Texas!

hater
04-22-2020, 08:26 AM
With 3rd world leadership. That's our problem. Just imagine the healthcare infrastructure (and general infrastructure overall) we could have if we focused our energy on that instead of fighting goat herders for 20 years and building trillions worth of planes, subs, carriers, tanks, bases, etc, etc? It would put everyone else to shame. South Korea, Germany, etc healthcare would look like a cute toy next to it. And Dems are guilty just the same of this "3rd World Leadership." No politician in my lifetime ever had the guts or integrity to cut defense spending and spend it on healthcare and education. Eisenhower issued that warning 60 years ago, and it has come true.

https://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-we-must-guard-against-the-acquisition-of-unwarranted-influence-whether-sought-or-unsought-by-the-dwight-d-eisenhower-56601.jpg

amen tbqh

hater
04-22-2020, 08:28 AM
The vaccine has a timeline of 12-18 months. Ramped up testing should be achievable by the Summer. An effective antiviral is anyone's guess, but I'm hopeful.

vaccine in 18 m is a best case scenario almost to the fantasy level

many troubles can coke up and most likely will in vaccine that would push it months and months away

good thing is we have dozen countries working on vaccine so most likely sooner or later we will achieve it. but realistically it wilk be 2+ years from now

Play Boban
04-22-2020, 08:29 AM
A vaccine might never be developed successfully. Deal with it. Liberate now. We can’t afford to wait for a vaccine that is years away and might never come at all.

boutons_deux
04-22-2020, 08:35 AM
A vaccine might never be developed successfully. Deal with it. Liberate now. We can’t afford to wait for a vaccine that is years away and might never come at all.

The Swiss say they will start C19 inoculating in October

US Army / Gilead has promising treatment

Spurs Homer
04-22-2020, 08:39 AM
Regardless, they was still urged to leave the bunker to vote.

completely irrelevant to the virus and public health

the SCIENCE has to be the ultimate authority -

but the right wing billionaires need to keep poor people down - so they brainwash the idiots to believe its about country/rights/politics -

and the stupid brainwashed poor and working class - just go right on out and risk/ruin their lives to keep the billionaires who are screwing them -

happy

trump works for the billionaires - ONLY - and he enriches himself and his billionaire bosses/friends/putin (whom he owes billions to )

and his poor brainwashed cult refuses to defend themselves - they just continue to faithfully place their heads on the billionaires/rt wing pundits - guillotine.

picnroll
04-22-2020, 08:42 AM

a 3 micron bug is obliterating us :lol
Much easier problem to solve than reagents which are almost entirely out of US control. Tracers can be hired and trained. Money will eventually come after unfortunate congressional and executive push back and delay.

Spurs Homer
04-22-2020, 08:43 AM
As a young healthy person I would go out there right now. Stop being scared smh! Liberate Texas!

Exhibit A ^

Yes - you are right - you are young and healthy and there is ZERO chance you will become infected -

please go out there and be courageous - the SCIENCE - be damned!

picnroll
04-22-2020, 08:44 AM
vaccine in 18 m is a best case scenario almost to the fantasy level

many troubles can coke up and most likely will in vaccine that would push it months and months away

good thing is we have dozen countries working on vaccine so most likely sooner or later we will achieve it. but realistically it wilk be 2+ years from now

Bet you Oxford beats that timeline.
Calling it.

picnroll
04-22-2020, 08:48 AM

Some evidence suggests longer term effects of even those with mild disease won’t be ideal.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/04/22/gottlieb-antibody-testing-coronavirus-fda-squawk-box.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.ac tivity.Message

boutons_deux
04-22-2020, 08:56 AM
As always and forever, rightwingnutjobs are FULL OF SHIT, and very often Astroturfing frauds and liars

Virus misinformation flourishes in online protest groups

Hundreds, sometimes thousands, of posts fly in the new Facebook groups daily.
The coronavirus (https://apnews.com/VirusOutbreak) numbers are fake, some of the social media videos claim.

“Social distancing is the new way to control you, your family and your behavior,” another commenter warns.

Others say the pandemic is an overblown hoax.
network of Facebook groups spurring protests of stay-at-home orders across the country have fast become a hotbed of misinformation, conspiracy theories and skepticism around the coronavirus pandemic.

Launched in recent weeks by pro-gun advocacy groups and conservative activists, :lol

fueled by notions floated by television personalities or President Donald Trump himself and amplified by social media accounts.

There’s little basis in reality for many of the claims on the sites. :lol

becoming increasingly partisan online,

with prominent conservatives urging their followers to protest Democratic governors,

despite stay-at-home orders coming down in nearly every state, including some led by Republican governors.

“Every patriot :lol should go outside, socially distanced and with masks :lol, and protest these Democrat tyrants,” Charlie Kirk :lol

https://apnews.com/5862a9201c7b1bea62069a9c5e5fbb1c?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=morningwire&pnespid=kuNi8PRGDAONtXAzloFPjVUdEpbTsM3Z9OhbRGd1

Thread
04-22-2020, 10:04 AM
completely irrelevant to the virus and public health

the SCIENCE has to be the ultimate authority -

but the right wing billionaires need to keep poor people down - so they brainwash the idiots to believe its about country/rights/politics -

and the stupid brainwashed poor and working class - just go right on out and risk/ruin their lives to keep the billionaires who are screwing them -

happy

trump works for the billionaires - ONLY - and he enriches himself and his billionaire bosses/friends/putin (whom he owes billions to )

and his poor brainwashed cult refuses to defend themselves - they just continue to faithfully place their heads on the billionaires/rt wing pundits - guillotine.

No. They too have been compromised. FOX scientists bad. CNN scientists shaved pussy.

Scientists and SCIENCE has been politicized and thus now is compromised. They did it to themselves. Their regrets are their own. I've no sympathy for them.

Thread
04-22-2020, 10:05 AM
The Swiss say they will start C19 inoculating in October

US Army / Gilead has promising treatment

That means early August.

Play Boban
04-22-2020, 11:15 AM
Exhibit A ^

Yes - you are right - you are young and healthy and there is ZERO chance you will become infected -

We are all getting this at some point. Best do it now and get dat dur herd immunity son. Don’t be scared

Play Boban
04-22-2020, 11:16 AM
Some evidence suggests longer term effects of even those with mild disease won’t be ideal.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/04/22/gottlieb-antibody-testing-coronavirus-fda-squawk-box.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.ac tivity.Message
Oh well

Winehole23
04-22-2020, 11:18 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/04/22/gottlieb-antibody-testing-coronavirus-fda-squawk-box.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.ac tivity.MessageYet another reason not to abandon mitigation hastily, many survivors of COVID-19 end up with life-changing (and socially costly) disabilities.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2020, 11:19 AM
We are all getting this at some point. Best do it now and get dat dur herd immunity son. Don’t be scaredWhere are you right now?

Play Boban
04-22-2020, 11:22 AM
Where are you right now?
Whataburger drive thru

ChumpDumper
04-22-2020, 11:27 AM
Whataburger drive thruNot protesting in a group of hundreds?:downspin:

pgardn
04-22-2020, 11:43 AM
What could be more common sense than nobody go outside until 2022 best case?

Absolutely.

Or have everyone on the face of the Earth French kiss each other best case?

Winehole23
04-22-2020, 11:49 AM
What could be more common sense than nobody go outside until 2022 best case?You are the only person I've heard suggesting this.

SnakeBoy
04-22-2020, 12:03 PM
You are the only person I've heard suggesting this.

You haven't heard anyone suggesting we stay in lockdown until there is a vaccine?

Spurminator
04-22-2020, 12:06 PM
"Young people should go back to working now to protect our businesses and retirement accounts."

Signed, Boomers.

Winehole23
04-22-2020, 12:09 PM
You haven't heard anyone suggesting we stay in lockdown until there is a vaccine?Nope.

The common sense seems to be, following the lead of other countries, that when the caseload goes down for two weeks or so, it's reasonably safe to start normalizing, provided there's robust testing and social tracing to contain subsequent outbreaks.

Mitigation needs to be pursued until containment becomes technically doable. For the US that's probably a matter of a few months, not two years. There will be backsliding, CDC has already warned of a second, more destructive wave in the fall.

Winehole23
04-22-2020, 12:25 PM
SnakeBoy:

Here's an interesting thread on how social distancing policy was developed in the US. GWB got the ball rolling.

David Hogg
04-22-2020, 12:34 PM
You haven't heard anyone suggesting we stay in lockdown until there is a vaccine?
Social distancing, yes. Lockdown, no.

Thread
04-22-2020, 12:39 PM
Social distancing, yes. Lockdown, no.

(They'll)+MSM will fight for lockdown till the last man standing, then retreat a ways and set up the last stand of (social distancing). By then Biden will be 46 and it'll be like when Lincoln freed the slaves. They'll be jobs right up the 6% line and a cornucopia on every table. A miracle. Just-like-that. They'll be no more bad news. Just good news. And the old bad news? Well, that'll be all the sudden good news.

midnightpulp
04-22-2020, 12:43 PM
"Young people should go back to working now to protect our businesses and retirement accounts."

Signed, Boomers.

Not really. Trump has actually lost favor with older voters.

https://i.imgur.com/e9hBmOw.png

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/trumps-handling-of-coronavirus-may-further-alienate-seniors.html

Honestly, most of the people whining about "Freedumbs" on Twitter and the like tend to be your older Millennial and Gen-Xer Libertarian "techbros." Or dipshit incels and alt-righters raised on 4chan memes.

Take a look at these polls. 18-49 actually express the highest disapproval for Fauci and more support for Trump over Biden in handling the economy. And "Generation Jones" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Jones) expresses a lot of favorability for Trump, as well.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3658

SnakeBoy
04-22-2020, 12:49 PM
The common sense seems to be, following the lead of other countries, that when the caseload goes down for two weeks or so, it's reasonably safe to start normalizing, provided there's robust testing and social tracing to contain subsequent outbreaks.

Mitigation needs to be pursued until containment becomes technically doable. For the US that's probably a matter of a few months, not two years. There will be backsliding, CDC has already warned of a second, more destructive wave in the fall.

So the common sense thing to do is what we are doing by reopening the economy in steps.

Containment will never be technically doable. China saw to that.

Winehole23
04-22-2020, 01:06 PM
So the common sense thing to do is what we are doing by reopening the economy in steps.Without adequate testing and social tracing,
the economy might not revive. The pandemic will wreck us and people will continue to stay at home.

Containment will never be technically doable. China saw to that.South Korea did it.

You think it's not doable here, once we establish a tolerable plateau of cases?

Why not?

David Hogg
04-22-2020, 01:07 PM
So the common sense thing to do is what we are doing by reopening the economy in steps.

Containment will never be technically doable. China saw to that.
When all else fails, blame China :lmao

Spurtacular
04-22-2020, 01:33 PM

The Hitler youth get to go outside!

:lol Stick to the ankle biting, bruh.

vy65
04-22-2020, 01:34 PM
There's some truth to the OP. The common refrain is that there is a strategy: level off for two weeks + ramp up testing + institute contact tracing. If that's what needs to be done, then it should be done. The problem is that our, as mid put it, 3rd world leaders are too busy putting together stupid fucking videos about how great they are and playing them at press conferences rather than doing the things we need to do to achieve these three items. Is there an actual plan to ramp up testing? All I've seen is DJT claiming its the states responsibility and then throwing 25 billion at it. I don't see how that gets it done. Same could be said about contact tracing: what tangible steps are we taking to make that a reality?

This all goes to show that America, right now, is a failed state. That starts with the gross ineptitude of our leadership. This is why I'm in favor of curtailing the franchise - this pandemic really goes to show that some moron obsessed with benghazi and her emails can, when joined with millions of his mouth breathing brethren, decimate the country.

vy65
04-22-2020, 01:38 PM
America is a third world country, and people don't recognise it... and I think that that's pretty god damn sad, that they don't recognise their own country as a third world, third rate, third class slum

baseline bum
04-22-2020, 01:40 PM
I think lots of us recognize the US is a failed nation. But most of us don't live in Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, or Pennsylvania and thus our voices don't matter.

vy65
04-22-2020, 01:44 PM
I think lots of us recognize the US is a failed nation. But most of us don't live in Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, or Pennsylvania and thus our voices don't matter.

That's why there have to be restrictions on who can vote. If some mouth breathing jeebotard from Jacksonville, FL has a greater say on who leads the country compared to any other non-retarded citizen, then the system is fucked. I know that's not saying anything we don't already know, but one hopeful silver lining in this is that some things actually do change.

Spurminator
04-22-2020, 01:52 PM
Not really. Trump has actually lost favor with older voters.

https://i.imgur.com/e9hBmOw.png

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/trumps-handling-of-coronavirus-may-further-alienate-seniors.html

Honestly, most of the people whining about "Freedumbs" on Twitter and the like tend to be your older Millennial and Gen-Xer Libertarian "techbros." Or dipshit incels and alt-righters raised on 4chan memes.

Take a look at these polls. 18-49 actually express the highest disapproval for Fauci and more support for Trump over Biden in handling the economy. And "Generation Jones" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Jones) expresses a lot of favorability for Trump, as well.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3658

I was specifically referencing the Dan Patricks and FOX News types who keep talking about the stalling of the economy being worse than death itself, while they hole up in their bunkers demanding that people go back to work, and the OP specifying young people going back out first. That may not have been his meaning but I thought it was apropos.

I agree there's plenty of stupid at all ages with respect to the quarantine. The younger portion of the "get back to normal" contingent seems to be upset more on a social level... ie, they want to be able to go to bars and restaurants and Tinder dates again. Or in the case of incels, they want to know that they could possibly go to bars and restaurants if they could ever get the courage to be around women. It's not really better or worse than demanding that we rush back to our duties serving Big Business, it's just a different message.

Play Boban
04-22-2020, 03:56 PM
Not protesting in a group of hundreds?:downspin:
I am now. I had to get my supersized Whataburger first. Brought food for the whole crowd before we drove down to Austin. Liberate Texas! Remember the Alamo!!!!

ChumpDumper
04-22-2020, 04:09 PM
I am now. I had to get my supersized Whataburger first. Brought food for the whole crowd before we drove down to Austin. Liberate Texas! Remember the Alamo!!!!Take time coded picture and post it here.

Winehole23
04-22-2020, 06:18 PM
Owners bunkering down while exposing their employees and their families to hazard is paradigmatic.

Braving sickness and death to make your boss rich, that's the American way.

spurraider21
04-22-2020, 06:19 PM
Owners bunkering down while exposing their employees and their families to hazard is paradigmatic.

Braving sickness and death to male your boss rich, that's the American way.

well, she didnt say "i have a family" in the sense that she cant risk getting sick, but went on to say that she cooks daily, etc, and doesnt have the luxury of spending every weeknight in a casino

ChumpDumper
04-22-2020, 06:20 PM

Winehole23
04-22-2020, 06:21 PM
well, she didnt say "i have a family" in the sense that she cant risk getting sick, but went on to say that she cooks daily, etc, and doesnt have the luxury of spending every weeknight in a casinoThat's a distinction without much of a difference. She can afford to stay home, and she will be exposing her workers to danger by reopening in a pandemic.

spurraider21
04-22-2020, 06:27 PM
That's a distinction without much of a difference. She can afford to stay home, and she will be exposing her workers to danger by reopening in a pandemic.
i think there's a difference, if the implication is "i cant go there because i cant risk getting sick" vs "i cant go there because somebody has to cook dinner"

might not be a practical difference when it comes to casino workers, but there is certainly a difference if you are using her comments to gauge her motive/empathy

Winehole23
04-22-2020, 06:35 PM
i think there's a difference, if the implication is "i cant go there because i cant risk getting sick" vs "i cant go there because somebody has to cook dinner"

might not be a practical difference when it comes to casino workers, but there is certainly a difference if you are using her comments to gauge her motive/empathyWhat she's proposing is greedy and immoral regardless.

Thread
04-22-2020, 06:39 PM
What she's proposing is greedy and immoral regardless.

...under Trump's Presidency, you little pipsqueak, you.

Winehole23
04-22-2020, 06:44 PM
...under Trump's Presidency, you little pipsqueak, you.I said regardless, I meant regardless. Would be no different under any other President.

midnightpulp
04-22-2020, 07:20 PM
I was specifically referencing the Dan Patricks and FOX News types who keep talking about the stalling of the economy being worse than death itself, while they hole up in their bunkers demanding that people go back to work, and the OP specifying young people going back out first. That may not have been his meaning but I thought it was apropos.

I agree there's plenty of stupid at all ages with respect to the quarantine. The younger portion of the "get back to normal" contingent seems to be upset more on a social level... ie, they want to be able to go to bars and restaurants and Tinder dates again. Or in the case of incels, they want to know that they could possibly go to bars and restaurants if they could ever get the courage to be around women. It's not really better or worse than demanding that we rush back to our duties serving Big Business, it's just a different message.

Yeah, I intuited that. I just found the polls interesting and thought I'd share. And even though we debated about generations vs. generations, I really do think the "generational divide" is largely bullshit, and people are more divided by their politics and culture than what year they were born (I think where you were born has a bigger influence on worldview than when). The left/right split seems to evenly distributed across all age groups for the most part.

DMX7
04-22-2020, 10:32 PM
The Hitler youth get to go outside!

:lol Stick to the ankle biting, bruh.

You make no sense.

Blake
04-22-2020, 10:36 PM

Are you never around any senior citizens?

DMX7
04-22-2020, 10:37 PM
Exhibit A ^

People like that have a high chance of not even having symptoms even if they are infected. I’ll take my chances TBH...

Blake

:lol

pgardn
You make no sense.

Well then you are most certainly a cuck in his offset eyes.

DMX7
04-22-2020, 10:39 PM
Well then you are most certainly a cuck in his offset eyes.

Everyone is a cuck to him. Sounds a bit psychotic to me.

vy65
04-22-2020, 10:42 PM

Braving sickness and death to make your boss rich, that's the American way.

Cooper's face is priceless. And, I think we've found a politician even more incompetent than DJT.

Play Boban
04-22-2020, 11:19 PM
Are you never around any senior citizens?
I am immune bc I am healthy.

DMX7
04-22-2020, 11:26 PM
I am immune bc I am healthy.

I feel that way but it may not be true.

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2020, 11:28 PM

You could only use young people who aren't obese, diabetic, immunocomprimised, and don't live with old people, so good luck with that

Play Boban
04-22-2020, 11:53 PM
I feel that way but it may not be true.
I am the truth

Play Boban
04-22-2020, 11:53 PM

Truth nuke :wow

Winehole23
04-29-2020, 09:52 AM
Here's the strategy:

Winehole23
04-29-2020, 09:57 AM
And here's the talking point:

The pandemic is over.

boutons_deux
04-29-2020, 10:11 AM
And here's the talking point:

The pandemic is over.

“We have achieved all the different milestones that are needed. :lol

So, the government, federal government rose to the challenge :lol

and this is a great success story :lol and

I think that that’s really what needs to be told. :lol

The Ministry of Truth couldn't have said it better. JK for Minister, and JK can GO FUCK HIMSELF

Still, nobody knows WTF JK is doing, and what about his stealing PPE paid for and delivered for the states?

DMC
04-29-2020, 11:04 AM
Countdown to the left here blaming the United States for the pandemic in the first place.

Winehole23
04-29-2020, 11:10 AM
Countdown to the left here blaming the United States for the pandemic in the first place.Not sure what you mean by "blame for the pandemic."

The US is responsible for its piss poor response to COVID-19 and tens of thousands of excess deaths. Maybe 100s of thousands of deaths by the time we're done.

Other countries contained COVID-19, the US didn't even try to.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2020, 11:11 AM
Countdown to the left here blaming the United States for the pandemic in the first place.Is the pandemic over?

boutons_deux
04-29-2020, 11:18 AM
The US is responsible for its piss poor response to COVID-19

please detach the non-responsible USA from responsible Trash's self-serving negligent manslaughter and his kakistocratic mafiya of incompetent accomplices.

The Trump Pandemic, for the history books

boutons_deux
04-29-2020, 11:18 AM
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/94879122_10157415561872965_5170371249712398336_n.j pg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=WkoHzWrmZQ8AX_k3n_g&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=6d97c5a2a557919f1e407e6602f9512e&oe=5ECD85AC

DMC
04-29-2020, 12:35 PM
Not sure what you mean by "blame for the pandemic."

The US is responsible for its piss poor response to COVID-19 and tens of thousands of excess deaths. Maybe 100s of thousands of deaths by the time we're done.

Other countries contained COVID-19, the US didn't even try to.

I didn't say "blame for the pandemic" I said "blame the United States for the pandemic".

Don't change my words the try to address your edited version.

That countdown didn't take long. It was like 2...1.

It's amazing some of you haven't packed up and left the country already. Actually it's not, you're all blowhards.

Winehole23
04-29-2020, 12:38 PM
I didn't say "blame for the pandemic" I said "blame the United States for the pandemic".

Don't change my words the try to address your edited version.

That countdown didn't take long. It was like 2...1.

It's amazing some of you haven't packed up and left the country already. Actually it's not, you're all blowhards.^^^tap DancingMC

DMC
04-29-2020, 12:40 PM
^^^tap DancingMC

Winer

Constant whining about everything under the sun. Member of the confirmation bias article posting team, FRET squad.

Rarely offering insight, just echo chamber worry posts and ignoring the misses type offerings.

Status quo

Winehole23
04-29-2020, 12:59 PM
Winer

Constant whining about everything under the sun. Member of the confirmation bias article posting team, FRET squad.

Rarely offering insight, just echo chamber worry posts and ignoring the misses type offerings.

Status quo^^^Barely grammatical grudgeposting, so DMC.

DMC
04-29-2020, 01:02 PM
Here's the strategy:

Anyone is welcomed to not participate. Isolate yourself.

DMC
04-29-2020, 01:04 PM
^^^Barely grammatical grudgeposting, so DMC.

How many of these self congratulating links you post actually generate a discussion?

Exactly.

You, Boutons, GFY, RG, all link bots.

Winehole23
04-29-2020, 01:07 PM
Anyone is welcomed to not participate. Isolate yourself.I wasn't seeking personal advice, thanks the same.

DMC
04-29-2020, 01:08 PM
I wasn't seeking personal advice, thanks the same.

Of course, you want to blame someone else for your personal choices. Typical liberal.

Winehole23
04-29-2020, 01:11 PM
How many of these self congratulating links you post actually generate a discussion?

Exactly.

You, Boutons, GFY, RG, all link bots.Disparaging you =/= self congratulation.

I get a decent amount of conversation out of this forum. Sorry that my links to newsstories bugs you, but that's more like your pet peeve than my personal fault.

DMC
04-29-2020, 01:32 PM
Disparaging you =/= self congratulation.

I get a decent amount of conversation out of this forum. Sorry that my links to newsstories bugs you, but that's more like your pet peeve than my personal fault.

Don't apologize then deny culpability. It's unbecoming.

Winehole23
04-29-2020, 01:33 PM
Of course, you want to blame someone else for your personal choices. Typical liberal.More barely coherent ankle biting.

Do you do anything else?

Blake
04-29-2020, 02:33 PM
Countdown to the left here blaming the United States for the pandemic in the first place.

There's already a "plandemic" thread started by alt right derp.