https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antonio-spurs-free-agency-altered-by-pandemic/

The Gist: Potiential, quite a bit.

BillMc
04-22-2020, 04:08 PM
Thanks Op. Good read.

Stay safe.

BillMc
04-22-2020, 04:39 PM
I think if we just lock down Jakob for a few years, I'm good. If we can do something to get a little back for Demar, great. Or is he stays for 1 more year, okay. Just don't sign him long term.

Dancelot
04-22-2020, 07:38 PM
I wish we had had time to lose more games and drop in the standings a bit more.

Dex
04-23-2020, 09:03 AM
I wish we had had time to lose more games and drop in the standings a bit more.

Realistically, the most we were gonna drop was one more spot (to 10th). Even if the Spurs had gone full tank mode, it's unlikely that they would have caught Charlotte or anyone below them in the loss column.

DPG21920
04-23-2020, 10:08 AM
I think if we just lock down Jakob for a few years, I'm good. If we can do something to get a little back for Demar, great. Or is he stays for 1 more year, okay. Just don't sign him long term.

That’s where I am at as well. Under no circumstance should SA sink anymore money into him. If he exercises his option? You look to trade him ASAP as long as it does not cost you something to unload him. If he opts to test free agency? You let him walk or work with him on a S&T.

Jakob is fine but I am not making him a priority - if he could be had at a reasonable deal (4/28M range) sure, but if it starts to creep up no reason to break the bank for him (and don’t expect they will have to with the market for Centers)

Look to move LMA to POR if they are willing to give you a first round pick+.

Just absolutely do not sink any more money into Beli/Forbes/DeRozan.

phxspurfan
04-23-2020, 01:18 PM
Forbes back with a max deal and partial team ownership, tbh

spurs10
04-23-2020, 02:23 PM
I think if we just lock down Jakob for a few years, I'm good. If we can do something to get a little back for Demar, great. Or is he stays for 1 more year, okay. Just don't sign him long term. I'm a fan of his too. Think they'll try to keep him.

That’s where I am at as well. Under no circumstance should SA sink anymore money into him. If he exercises his option? You look to trade him ASAP as long as it does not cost you something to unload him. If he opts to test free agency? You let him walk or work with him on a S&T.

Jakob is fine but I am not making him a priority - if he could be had at a reasonable deal (4/28M range) sure, but if it starts to creep up no reason to break the bank for him (and don’t expect they will have to with the market for Centers)

Look to move LMA to POR if they are willing to give you a first round pick+.

Just absolutely do not sink any more money into Beli/Forbes/DeRozan. Yes on not sinking more money in Bali/Forbes/DDR. With DDR having a $27.7 million payday coming he's likely staying put. I'm curious what they'll do. If they aren't extending him I guess we'll see them try to trade him.

I'm starting to wonder if there will be a season in 20-21. The Fall might present a whole new batch of worries, but I sincerely hope not.

tbdog
04-23-2020, 07:38 PM
Probably the worst offseason ever last year. We wasted our MLE on someone who didn't play. We traded Bertans away and got burnt, then signed Lyles. We resigned Gay who just regressed far too quickly. So lots went against us.

It also didn't help Pop going with Forbes and Beli far too much, and not giving Walker bigger minutes. And it didn't help that Pop did experiment with White and Murray.

So hopefully with a good pick and Full MLE, and besides DD, no unrestricted FA we can't lose.