PDA

View Full Version : "Muh Sweden."

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

midnightpulp
04-23-2020, 12:10 AM
Holy shit I'm getting sick of the "Sweden argument" from the anti-lockdown crowd on the shithole known as twitter. Conservative media is also on the Sweden bandwagon. Let's take it apart.

"Sweden proves lockdowns don't really work, and they haven't torpedoed their economy based on faulty models and wrong assumptions about the virus's mortality rate."

Sweden is not "business as usual."

They can't have events with more than 50 people. School closures for over 16. And even though their stay-at-home orders aren't as stringent as everyone else's, the Swedish have voluntary stayed-at-home. Here's their movement data.

https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobility/2020-04-11_SE_Mobility_Report_en.pdf

Key figure here is the -41% in retail and recreation. That is only 7 percentage points lower than California's https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobility/2020-04-11_US_California_Mobility_Report_en.pdf.

What this means is that Sweden's lax measures aren't doing much to prop up the hardest hit economic sectors (your bars, restaurants, clubs, theaters) because people aren't too keen on going to those right now. So "the Swedish Model" isn't going to help with that if we stupidly try to apply it here.

"We should apply the Swedish model to save the economy, as they've proven you can have an open economy and mitigate spread."

Sweden hasn't "mitigated" the spread at all. Let's return to that above movement data from them and California. California is socially distancing a bit more, but given the exponential nature of epidemic growth, that 41% vs. 48% figure in retail/recreation movement and 24% vs, 40% in workplace movement has proven huge. California has 4 times the population of Sweden, 5 times the population density, more multi-person homes (Sweden has one of the highest rates of single person homes in Europe), more international travel, and CA's death rate is 37 per million vs. Sweden's 192 million.

"Other Euro countries have locked down and are doing worse than Sweden."

Countries like the Netherlands and Belgium have not locked down, with the former going for the herd immunity strategy. Not working out too well for them. And many of those other hard hit regions in Europe are suffering because they were late to lockdown. And the UK went for the herd immunity strategy early on and is on pace to become the hardest hit country in Europe.

That said, I won't argue if the Swedish strategy works for Sweden. But the supporters of that strategy are making the apples to oranges comparison fallacy. Sweden's population density is 57 people per sq mile. That's lower than Utah's, a sparse state. 50 percent of their working population already worked from home before this. They have more single person households. I would assume the average Swede is in better physical shape than the average American. They have no cities with over 1 million people. They have some things in their favor that they can try this strategy that many US regions don't. It might work on a very region specific basis, but not countrywide. And it has no hope in hell of working in densely populated areas.

horseshue
04-23-2020, 04:39 AM
Sweden is not the worst case, look at Belgium, they have 560 dead on one million, compared to usa with 144. That is 180k to 200k dead in usa. So no, that is wrong way to go.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 04:53 AM
Sweden's a cold weather region and California's a warm weather region.
Now compare Sweden to New York. Yea, that's what I thought.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 05:02 AM
Now compare Sweden to New York. Yea, that's what I thought.Compare Sweden to Norway and Finland.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 05:10 AM
Compare Sweden to Norway and Finland.

Are we taking away the nursing home deaths for which Sweden had severe outbreaks?

midnightpulp
04-23-2020, 07:20 AM

We still don't know for sure how warm weather and UV light affects transmission. And that is CA's ONLY inherent advantage vs. Sweden. Sweden has all the others with regard to pop density, working life, health of citizens, etc.

hater
04-23-2020, 07:40 AM
Sweden is not the worst case, look at Belgium, they have 560 dead on one million, compared to usa with 144. That is 180k to 200k dead in usa. So no, that is wrong way to go.

have u been to belgium. its population density is fucked

sweden is the opposite

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 08:00 AM
Are we taking away the nursing home deaths for which Sweden had severe outbreaks?derp folds

RandomGuy
04-23-2020, 08:10 AM
Holy shit I'm getting sick of the "Sweden argument" from the anti-lockdown crowd on the shithole known as twitter. Conservative media is also on the Sweden bandwagon. Let's take it apart.

"Sweden proves lockdowns don't really work, and they haven't torpedoed their economy based on faulty models and wrong assumptions about the virus's mortality rate."

Sweden is not "business as usual."

They can't have events with more than 50 people. School closures for over 16. And even though their stay-at-home orders aren't as stringent as everyone else's, the Swedish have voluntary stayed-at-home. Here's their movement data.

https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobility/2020-04-11_SE_Mobility_Report_en.pdf

Key figure here is the -41% in retail and recreation. That is only 7 percentage points lower than California's https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobility/2020-04-11_US_California_Mobility_Report_en.pdf.

What this means is that Sweden's lax measures aren't doing much to prop up the hardest hit economic sectors (your bars, restaurants, clubs, theaters) because people aren't too keen on going to those right now. So "the Swedish Model" isn't going to help with that if we stupidly try to apply it here.

"We should apply the Swedish model to save the economy, as they've proven you can have an open economy and mitigate spread."

Sweden hasn't "mitigated" the spread at all. Let's return to that above movement data from them and California. California is socially distancing a bit more, but given the exponential nature of epidemic growth, that 41% vs. 48% figure in retail/recreation movement and 24% vs, 40% in workplace movement has proven huge. California has 4 times the population of Sweden, 5 times the population density, more multi-person homes (Sweden has one of the highest rates of single person homes in Europe), more international travel, and CA's death rate is 37 per million vs. Sweden's 192 million.

"Other Euro countries have locked down and are doing worse than Sweden."

Countries like the Netherlands and Belgium have not locked down, with the former going for the herd immunity strategy. Not working out too well for them. And many of those other hard hit regions in Europe are suffering because they were late to lockdown. And the UK went for the herd immunity strategy early on and is on pace to become the hardest hit country in Europe.

That said, I won't argue if the Swedish strategy works for Sweden. But the supporters of that strategy are making the apples to oranges comparison fallacy. Sweden's population density is 57 people per sq mile. That's lower than Utah's, a sparse state. 50 percent of their working population already worked from home before this. They have more single person households. I would assume the average Swede is in better physical shape than the average American. They have no cities with over 1 million people. They have some things in their favor that they can try this strategy that many US regions don't. It might work on a very region specific basis, but not countrywide. And it has no hope in hell of working in densely populated areas.

All you have to do is start comparing Sweden to its neighbors. Higher and faster infection rate, with the inexorable higher death toll per capita.

Entirely predictable.

Looks like the jury has come back for even brainwashed morons like TSA

Winehole23
04-23-2020, 08:12 AM
Are we taking away the nursing home deaths for which Sweden had severe outbreaks?Fatalities are fatalities.

Why should they be "taken away"?

RandomGuy
04-23-2020, 08:16 AM

New York has a farther southern latitude, you fucking moron.

https://www.travelmath.com/cities/New+York,+NY

The latitude and longitude of New York, New York is:
40° 42' 51" N / 74° 0' 23" W

Stockholm, Sweden
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 59° 20' 4.5276'' N, 18° 3' 47.6640'' E

Cherry pick fail. :lmao

https://chrystalovevintage.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/fail-meme.jpg

TimDunkem
04-23-2020, 08:39 AM
All you have to do is start comparing Sweden to its neighbors. Higher and faster infection rate, with the inexorable higher death toll per capita.

Entirely predictable.

Doubt that will matter. TSA is still pushing hydroxychloroquine despite every single anecdote coming out now saying it's killing more patients than it's saving.

TimDunkem
04-23-2020, 08:40 AM

Stockholm, Sweden

:lmao

RandomGuy
04-23-2020, 08:45 AM

So setting aside your comically bad ignorance of basic geography, let's compare to peers, so that we can actually do some critical thinking for your lazy ass.

Total confirmed cases 16,755
Total deaths 2,021

7,275 positive cases
187 people now confirmed dead.

Total confirmed cases 4170
Total deaths 149

Sweden 10 M people
Finland 5.53M
Norway 5.4M

Since you are too fucking stupid to understand how to compare things, let me explain the math. I'll try to use small words.

Total cases really are practically meaningless.
What is more important is rate of infection per million people.

I will even do the math for you.
Norway:
7275/5.4M =1347
187/5.4M =34

Finland
4170/5.3M= 786
149/5.3M =28

Sweden
16755/10M= 1676
2021/10M= 202

Sweden has a higher infection rate, and its fatality rate is more than SIX TIMES higher than it's peers.

TimDunkem
04-23-2020, 08:49 AM
So setting aside your comically bad ignorance of basic geography, let's compare to peers, so that we can actually do some critical thinking for your lazy ass.

Sweden 10 M people
Finland 5.53M
Norway 5.4M

Since you are too fucking stupid to understand how to compare things, let me explain the math. I'll try to use small words.

Norway:
7275/5.4M =1347
187/5.4M =34

Finland
4170/5.3M= 786
149/5.3M =28

Sweden
16755/10M= 1676
2021/10M= 202

Sweden has a higher infection rate, and its fatality rate is more than SIX TIMES higher than it's peers.

A nitpick and subsequent deflection coupled with an ad-hominem coming soon.

RandomGuy
04-23-2020, 08:50 AM
Doubt that will matter. TSA is still pushing hydroxychloroquine despite every single anecdote coming out now saying it's killing more patients than it's saving.

Brainwashed morons will be brainwashed morons. He is deep into the cult lore, and will not find his way out for years, if ever. Qanon, Trump is a secret genius, and whatever else conspiracy theory he thinks he needs for his self-esteem.

RandomGuy
04-23-2020, 08:52 AM
Fatalities are fatalities.

Why should they be "taken away"?

They shouldn't be. You don't get nursing home clusters if you don't have it widespread enough to infect caregivers. Isolating that from the data is impractical anyways IFAIK.

David Hogg
04-23-2020, 09:13 AM
Are we taking away the nursing home deaths for which Sweden had severe outbreaks?

”I WIN!!!!!...........................if you take away the stats that make me lose”

hater
04-23-2020, 09:23 AM
this site tracks deaths in europe its still too soon to see the effects of coronavirus but you can definitely see the start of an anomaly in the graph compared to previous years

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

I think in about a month, this graph will be very useful to point out to the idiots that think this is a hoax

note that Sweden excess deaths are almost on par with UK, Spain, Italy tbqh

midnightpulp
04-23-2020, 09:28 AM
this site tracks deaths in europe its still too soon to see the effects of coronavirus but you can definitely see the start of an anomaly in the graph compared to previous years

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

I think in about a month, this graph will be very useful to point out to the idiots that think this is a hoax

note that Sweden excess deaths are almost on par with UK, Spain, Italy tbqh

Illuminating stuff. Seems the usual death count in Europe for Week 15 is around 50K. It was 73K this year, and with social distancing/lockdowns. That should concern anyone.

TSA
04-23-2020, 09:36 AM

Entirely predictable.

Making a comparison now is pretty pointless as we'll only see if Sweden's strategy worked if a second wave hits it's neighbors and Sweden avoids it.

pgardn
04-23-2020, 09:38 AM
Sweden also has a much better health care system (than we do; Thanks Donald for lying to us) so they were willing to try knowing they would not overwhelm hospitals.

pgardn
04-23-2020, 09:42 AM
Making a comparison now is pretty pointless as we'll only see if Sweden's strategy worked if a second wave hits it's neighbors and Sweden avoids it.

True.
Sweden could have a second wave as well.
I don’t think they know what % Of the country has immunity (assumes one can’t get it a second time)
This thing is not over for any part of the world.

midnightpulp
04-23-2020, 10:06 AM

They'll have a second wave. Swedes just aren't willy-nilly going about business in an effort to fast track herd immunity. They aren't on stay-at-home orders, but most have restricted their movement as if they were. Point is, the Swedish strategy might be nominally different, but it isn't actually different by that much. I emphasize by that much because that additional measure of freedom they have has resulted in Sweden having slightly higher retail/recreation and workplace mobility than their Norwegian neighbors for instance, but a much higher death rate (200 per million vs. 35 per million). Keeping that small a percentage more people at home really doesn't translate into big gains on mitigating death. We've all seen that popular gif where 4 people staying at home curbs the spreads by a huge factor.

This tells me Sweden's waves will be worse than others. They're not interacting enough to achieve herd immunity and not staying home enough to mitigate death all that much.

RandomGuy
04-23-2020, 10:10 AM

#goalpostmove.gif

Winehole23
04-23-2020, 10:14 AM
Making a comparison now is pretty pointless as we'll only see if Sweden's strategy worked if a second wave hits it's neighbors and Sweden avoids it.More hand waving and magical thinking from TSA.

midnightpulp
04-23-2020, 10:18 AM

#goalpostmove.gif

The second wave argument is typically based off the Spanish Flu, but there's some details there that the second wave's lethality was actually a result of many factors:

Harris believes that the rapid spread of Spanish flu in the fall of 1918 was at least partially to blame on public health officials unwilling to impose quarantines during wartime.

The public health response to the crisis in the United States was further hampered by a severe nursing shortage as thousands of nurses had been deployed to military camps and the front lines.

https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

midnightpulp
04-23-2020, 10:28 AM
And one of the reasons I'm coming so hard at all the arguments to reopen the economy based on examples like Sweden, "cure is worse than the disease" logic, and such is because I find it morally reprehensible to force people back to work during a goddamn pandemic so that they can pay their bills and put food on the table when people like Jeff Bezos are making 40 billion in a month off of the pandemic and when Americans are collectively sitting on over a hundred trillion in assets.

I want these structural issues addressed that has resulted in our country not being able to care of our own during a time when they should be taken care of and not used as sacrificial lambs for the economy. And yes, there's enough out there to take care of those Americans who need it the most. This is also why essential workers are the biggest American heroes since World War II. Maybe in our total history. They, unfortunately, do have to work, just to keep society going. But an out-of-work bartender or hair stylist shouldn't be forced back into it to pay their bills.

DMC
04-23-2020, 10:41 AM
Why do so many here believe the reports are accurate? Every country, every state, has different reporting schemes.

Using this type of data to try to prove a point is, for the most part, pointless. Otherwise China stopped it dead in it's tracks. Just look how the cases and deaths flat lined suddenly.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 10:52 AM
And one of the reasons I'm coming so hard at all the arguments to reopen the economy based on examples like Sweden, "cure is worse than the disease" logic, and such is because I find it morally reprehensible to force people back to work during a goddamn pandemic so that they can pay their bills and put food on the table when people like Jeff Bezos are making 40 billion in a month off of the pandemic and when Americans are collectively sitting on over a hundred trillion in assets.

I want these structural issues addressed that has resulted in our country not being able to care of our own during a time when they should be taken care of and not used as sacrificial lambs for the economy. And yes, there's enough out there to take care of those Americans who need it the most. This is also why essential workers are the biggest American heroes since World War II. Maybe in our total history. They, unfortunately, do have to work, just to keep society going. But an out-of-work bartender or hair stylist shouldn't be forced back into it to pay their bills.

Tough shit, we live a failed nation run by oligarchs and lots of us will die because of it. At least you have a competent state government that gives somewhat of a fuck unlike most of us here.

midnightpulp
04-23-2020, 10:58 AM
Tough shit, we live a failed nation run by oligarchs and lots of us will die because of it. At least you have a competent state government that gives somewhat of a fuck unlike most of us here.

Pretty much.

:madrun "Give them more tax cuts! It will 'trickle down' to the rest of us. Why do you hate success! He earned it by pulling himself up by his bootstraps." :madrun

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-billionaire-john-griffins-jet-flew-to-new-zealand-just-as-coronavirus-hit-the-us-2020-4

Play Boban
04-23-2020, 11:01 AM

Sweden 10 M people
Finland 5.53M
Norway 5.4M

Norway:
7275/5.4M =1347
187/5.4M =34

Finland
4170/5.3M= 786
149/5.3M =28

Sweden
16755/10M= 1676
2021/10M= 202

Going to be fun watching you get proven wrong when Finland and Norway get RAVAGED by the second wave in the fall while Sweden is immune to the Chinese virus. :lol

Play Boban
04-23-2020, 11:03 AM

It is morally reprehensible to force businesses to go bankrupt and people to lose their jobs. Suicides will spike and people will starve. The Chinese have won. Way to go, RIP Western society.

TSA
04-23-2020, 11:15 AM

#goalpostmove.gif

Goalpost move from what? I never once said I thought the US should take Sweden's approach.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 11:16 AM
Goalpost move from what? I never once said I thought the US should take Sweden's approach.

Well we're getting ready to thanks to the fuckhead in your avatar.

TSA
04-23-2020, 11:18 AM
Well we're getting ready to thanks to the fuckhead in your avatar.

Trump is forcing states to open? :lol

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 11:22 AM

States with Republican governors, yes, since he is the GOP. Even Trump's retarded rule about opening gyms of all places is a major part of our piece of shit governor Greg Abbott's early reopening plan. You obviously endorse the Sweden approach when you defend everything Trump on this site.

midnightpulp
04-23-2020, 11:25 AM

Winehole23
04-23-2020, 11:28 AM
Why do so many here believe the reports are accurate? Every country, every state, has different reporting schemes.

Using this type of data to try to prove a point is, for the most part, pointless. Otherwise China stopped it dead in it's tracks. Just look how the cases and deaths flat lined suddenly.Your diffuse cynicism about the quality of reporting amounts to hand waving.

Why believe anything?

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 11:29 AM
derp folds

:cry No accounting for anomalies :cry

LOL Davdi Dump

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 11:30 AM
We still don't know for sure how warm weather and UV light affects transmission. And that is CA's ONLY inherent advantage vs. Sweden. Sweden has all the others with regard to pop density, working life, health of citizens, etc.

The presumption is that it's like the flu in this regard.

ChumpDumper
:cry No accounting for anomalies :cry

LOL Davdi Dump

Those aren't anomalies. The other countries have nursing homes too.

Why don't you what the elderly to count?

Show me your count without them in all the countries.

Or fold.

:lol davdiderp

TSA
States with Republican governors, yes, since he is the GOP. Even Trump's retarded rule about opening gyms of all places is a major part of our piece of shit governor Greg Abbott's early reopening plan. You obviously endorse the Sweden approach when you defend everything Trump on this site.

Find a post of me defending the Swedish approach and suggesting it for the US.

DMC
04-23-2020, 11:31 AM
Your diffuse cynicism about the quality of reporting amounts to hand waving.

Why believe anything?

Do you believe the numbers out of China?

Statistical anomalies are called that for a reason.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 11:31 AM

Stockholm, Sweden

You didn't bother to look up the temps, did you?
:lol I assume you posted that meme to beat me to the punch.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 11:33 AM

T

Sweden 10 M people
Finland 5.53M
Norway 5.4M

Norway:
7275/5.4M =1347
187/5.4M =34

Finland
4170/5.3M= 786
149/5.3M =28

Sweden
16755/10M= 1676
2021/10M= 202

Take out the nursing homes that got hit and you'll see much closer numbers.
Sweden knew their numbers would be modestly higher. They also calculated that multiple shutdowns would decimate them.
Now clutch your pearls that they made choices that led to more people dying in the short run.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 11:34 AM
Take out the nursing homes that got hit and you'll see much closer numbers.
Sweden knew their numbers would be modestly higher. They also calculated that multiple shutdowns would decimate them.
Now clutch your pearls that they made choices that led to more people dying in the short run.

Show us your numbers, dunnodavdiderp

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 11:38 AM
Find a post of me defending the Swedish approach and suggesting it for the US.

So you think Trump is fucking up right now? Pick a lane.

TSA
04-23-2020, 11:40 AM
So you think Trump is fucking up right now? Pick a lane.

Trump isn't forcing states to open. Now find me a post of me defending the Swedish approach and suggesting it for the US. Or just join RandomGuy and pretend you didn't claim it.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 11:41 AM
Trump isn't forcing states to open. Now find me a post of me defending the Swedish approach and suggesting it for the US. Or just join RandomGuy and pretend you didn't claim it.

You're defending it right now. :lol

TSA
04-23-2020, 11:46 AM
You're defending it right now. :lol

Saying we won't know if they made the right choice until it's over is defending them? You're better than this.

I live in the state that has been sheltering in place longer than anyone, have you seen me demanding it to be lifted every day? Have you seen me demanding all businesses be reopened every day?

Winehole23
04-23-2020, 11:55 AM

Statistical anomalies are called that for a reason.Most people, myself included, express doubt about the Chinese figures. It's not an open society.

Do you believe or disbelieve reporting from South Korea?

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 12:40 PM
Saying we won't know if they made the right choice until it's over is defending them? You're better than this.

I live in the state that has been sheltering in place longer than anyone, have you seen me demanding it to be lifted every day? Have you seen me demanding all businesses be reopened every day?

There is no way to know if Trump opening the nation up without testing and contact tracing is stupid?

TSA
04-23-2020, 12:45 PM
There is no way to know if Trump opening the nation up without testing and contact tracing is stupid?

Trump isn't opening the nation up, and I see you've completely abandoned defending your original claims about me.

monosylab1k
04-23-2020, 12:47 PM

He’s siccing his braindead mob against any governors who dare question him.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 12:49 PM
Trump isn't opening the nation upThanks for reminding us he's refusing to lead.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 12:53 PM
Trump isn't opening the nation up, and I see you've completely abandoned defending your original claims about me.

What did I abandon? You're constantly defending Trump here. Either he is fucking up or he isn't. And he absolutely is opening the nation up, at least the red state nation, since he is the GOP and his governors fall in line with what he says. Which is why we have gyms getting ready to open in Texas, since they lobbied Trump and he ok'ed it despite it being the stupidest idea imaginable to have people breathing hard in a confined space sharing exercise equipment in the middle of a pandemic. Or more accurately, in the early stages of a pandemic.

DMC
04-23-2020, 12:53 PM
Most people, myself included, express doubt about the Chinese figures. It's not an open society.

Do you believe or disbelieve reporting from South Korea?

As I said, reporting schemes vary from authority to authority. I don't believe something like COVID-19 can be simply stopped cold in its tracks short of a nuclear blast. I gave China as an example and you said I dismissed data with hand waving. All reporting has errors. Are you telling me that no South Koreans have come home infected, and that only 10K or so were actually infected? Have you ever been to South Korea?

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/listeningpost/2020/04/numbers-lie-data-statistics-age-coronavirus-200411095112009.html

Decent video on the stats.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 12:55 PM
As I said, reporting schemes vary from authority to authority. I don't believe something like COVID-19 can be simply stopped cold in its tracks short of a nuclear blast. I gave China as an example and you said I dismissed data with hand waving. All reporting has errors. Are you telling me that no South Koreans have come home infected, and that only 10K or so were actually infected? Have you ever been to South Korea?

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/listeningpost/2020/04/numbers-lie-data-statistics-age-coronavirus-200411095112009.html

Decent video on the stats.

So South Korea is disappearing all the bodies?

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 12:59 PM
So South Korea is disappearing all the bodies?Nuclear epidemiologist DMC doesn't believe in a thing. South Korea has new cases every day. He's lying.

DMC
04-23-2020, 01:08 PM
So South Korea is disappearing all the bodies?

What is China doing?

DMC
04-23-2020, 01:09 PM
Nuclear epidemiologist DMC doesn't believe in a thing. South Korea has new cases every day. He's lying.

8 new cases yesterday in a country of 50 million people. Figures don't lie but liars figure.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 01:09 PM
What is China doing?DMC doing another backflip.

Dishonest.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 01:10 PM
8 new cases yesterday in a country of 50 million people. Figures don't lie but liars figure.It's impossible because you say it's impossible?

Winehole23
04-23-2020, 01:11 PM
Nuclear epidemiologist DMC doesn't believe in a thing. South Korea has new cases every day. He's lying.
Strawmanning it up. No one claimed there are no new cases or that reporting is perfect.

If there's reason to think South Korea is getting the death count wrong by a factor of 50 (to roughly equal ours on a per capita basis) I'd like to see it.

Underestimating caseloads seems to be the norm, but that cuts both ways: if SK has undercounted cases by a factor of ten, that underscores the quality of the care and the response.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 01:11 PM
What is China doing?

So you're saying South Korea is hiding say 7700 COVID-19 deaths?

TSA
04-23-2020, 01:42 PM
What did I abandon? You're constantly defending Trump here. Either he is fucking up or he isn't. And he absolutely is opening the nation up, at least the red state nation, since he is the GOP and his governors fall in line with what he says. Which is why we have gyms getting ready to open in Texas, since they lobbied Trump and he ok'ed it despite it being the stupidest idea imaginable to have people breathing hard in a confined space sharing exercise equipment in the middle of a pandemic. Or more accurately, in the early stages of a pandemic.

You claimed I was defending the Swedish approach. I’ve already said how I’d like to see the country reopened and it’s nothing like the Swedish approach. You were full of shit.

DMC
04-23-2020, 01:45 PM
So you're saying South Korea is hiding say 7700 COVID-19 deaths?

SK doesn't have the population China has. China is hiding much more by changing how they count the deaths and the cases.

Texas is approximately 678,052 sq km, while South Korea is approximately 99,720 sq km, making South Korea 14.71% the size of Texas. Meanwhile, the population of Texas is ~25.1 million people (26.0 million more people live in South Korea).

Population density is much higher in SK.

Texas has almost 600 deaths while SK has less than half that many.

If the stats seem suspicious I don't trust them.

These stats seem suspicious.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 01:47 PM
SK doesn't have the population China has. China is hiding much more by changing how they count the deaths and the cases.

Texas is approximately 678,052 sq km, while South Korea is approximately 99,720 sq km, making South Korea 14.71% the size of Texas. Meanwhile, the population of Texas is ~25.1 million people (26.0 million more people live in South Korea).

These stats seem suspicious.Has South Korea done anything differently from Texas in response to the coronavirus?

DMC
04-23-2020, 01:51 PM
Has South Korea done anything differently from Texas in response to the coronavirus?

With 50 million people and the fact that many if not most people who have the virus are asymptomatic?

I guess grits cook faster on their stove than any other stove in the world.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 01:51 PM
You claimed I was defending the Swedish approach. I’ve already said how I’d like to see the country reopened and it’s nothing like the Swedish approach. You were full of shit.

Is Trump fucking up or is he not fucking up opening restaurant dining rooms, gyms, movie theaters, etc? While saying he doesn't need testing to repoen the nation.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 01:53 PM
With 50 million people and the fact that many if not most people who have the virus are asymptomatic?

I guess grits cook faster on their stove than any other stove in the world.You keep trying to dodge questions by asking more questions.

You're being dishonest

Has South Korea done anything differently from Texas in response to the coronavirus?

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 01:53 PM

These stats seem suspicious.

So they're hiding say 7700 deaths since they had their first confirmed case when we did?

RandomGuy
04-23-2020, 02:01 PM
Going to be fun watching you get proven wrong when Finland and Norway get RAVAGED by the second wave in the fall while Sweden is immune to the Chinese virus. :lol

Sweden will not have immunity by then. They will shut down and do what everybody else has done. It just took them far more deaths to get there. That is the only difference.

By the fall, their numbers will be a lot closer to their peers.

Going to be fun watching you try to find an explanation as to why your wishcasting will magically change the known behavior of an epidemic.

RandomGuy
04-23-2020, 02:04 PM

I guess grits cook faster on their stove than any other stove in the world.

No-Take McGurk dodges a question with another question and then goes for the derision deflection. You never fail to disappoint.

TSA
04-23-2020, 02:21 PM
Is Trump fucking up or is he not fucking up opening restaurant dining rooms, gyms, movie theaters, etc? While saying he doesn't need testing to repoen the nation.

Trump isn’t opening restaurant dining rooms, gyms, movie theaters etc. And you still haven’t shown that I ever defended or recommended the Swedish approach for the US, as you claimed.

DMC
04-23-2020, 02:32 PM
So they're hiding say 7700 deaths since they had their first confirmed case when we did?

Where are you getting the 7700 death figure?

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 02:33 PM
Trump isn’t opening restaurant dining rooms, gyms, movie theaters etc. And you still haven’t shown that I ever defended or recommended the Swedish approach for the US, as you claimed.

Yes he is. LOL at the thought he isn't the GOP. Close enough to the Swedish approach if we're racing to open gyms and dining rooms of all places. Sounds like casinos too. Only bars and schools closed. LOL there's no criteria for dropping from Phase 1 back to a Phase 0 when cases start increasing.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 02:34 PM
Where are you getting the 7700 death figure?

US per capita COVID-19 deaths times South Korean population since they officially got it the same day we did.

DMC
04-23-2020, 02:45 PM
US per capita COVID-19 deaths times South Korean population since they officially got it the same day we did.

I am comparing SK with one of the best case scenarios - Texas. You believe SK has less than half the deaths Texas has with 2x the people in 14% of the land mass?

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 02:46 PM
I am comparing SK with one of the best case scenarios - Texas. You believe SK has less than half the deaths Texas has with 2x the people in 14% of the land mass?

Yes I do.

DMC
04-23-2020, 02:48 PM
Yes I do.

I don't. I also called China's data flat out lying long ago when some here were using them as a benchmark for how to deal with the virus. Not because China is dishonest (they are) but because their results are statistically impossible.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 02:49 PM
I don't.

Because doing nothing is as effective than immediate widespread testing and contact tracing?

DMC
04-23-2020, 02:52 PM
Because doing nothing is as effective than immediate widespread testing and contact tracing?

Statistically improbable - not impossible like China, but I don't believe the numbers.

DMC
04-23-2020, 02:58 PM
Also, would you be willing to allow the federal government to track you the way SK tracks its citizens? Contact tracing relies on participation. US cannot even keep kids from spring breaking at beaches.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 03:00 PM
Also, would you be willing to allow the federal government to track you the way SK tracks its citizens? Contact tracing relies on participation. US cannot even keep kids from spring breaking at beaches.

You're asking me to compare a government of responsible adults to one led by Trump and McConnell. It's like comparing apples to dildos.

Chris
04-23-2020, 03:11 PM
"Someone said something on twitter! Grrrrr! Arggggh!"

DMC
04-23-2020, 03:26 PM
You're asking me to compare a government of responsible adults to one led by Trump and McConnell. It's like comparing apples to dildos.

Would you be willing to have the type of society that South Korea has?

The spring breakers probably never voted in their lives and obviously no one is in charge of them.

DMC
04-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Individual rights
See also: Freedom of religion in South Korea
See also: South Korean illegal surveillance incident
Every citizen over the age of 19 has the right to vote.

Official censorship is not in place.[citation needed] The National Security Law makes it a crime to express sympathies with North Korea, and though it is not consistently enforced, there are over 100 people imprisoned under it annually. A play about the Yodok political prison camp in North Korea has come under significant pressure from authorities to tone down its criticism and the producers have allegedly been threatened with prosecution under the security law.[4] Some conservative groups have complained that police keep a tight watch on their demonstrations and that some people were prevented from attending rallies.[5] Former Unification Minister Chung Dong-young was once accused of attempting to distract reporters from a meeting of activists for human rights in North Korea. Several established human rights organizations, however, have held lectures and exhibits critical of North Korea with no interference.[6]

Censorship is more notable in the media.[citation needed] Songs and theater play in Japanese language or relating to Japan are generally prohibited.[7] Despite the lifting of most regulations in 1996 and 1998 following a Constitutional Court ruling that they were illegal, scenes of extreme violence can be barred and pornography is forbidden from showing penetration of any kind, and genitals must be blurred out. Though technically legal, pornography must still meet some minimum standards of artistic integrity, which are not clearly written in the law.[8] In 1997 a human rights film festival was blocked and the organizers arrested for refusing to submit their films for pre-screening.[9] The government blocks access to North Korean websites and, sometimes, to major overseas web sites that host blogs.[citation needed] There is currently a debate over whether to revoke the ability to make anonymous comments online.[10]

Frank La Rue, The U.N. Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Opinion and Expression, announced that the government under the President Lee Myung-bak severely curtailed the freedom of expression in South Korea.[11][12]

Minority and immigrant rights
See also: LGBT rights in South Korea
South Korea, like Japan, is one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries in the world, and it is difficult for outsiders to be fully accepted.

The large population of workers from Southeast Asia, over half of whom are estimated to be in the country illegally, face considerable discrimination both in and out of the workplace.

This has led to the privately funded establishment of a school specifically targeted at children with an immigrated parent, with English and Korean as its main languages. When Hines Ward, who is of mixed Korean and African American heritage, earned MVP honors in Super Bowl XL, it sparked a debate in Korean society about the treatment mixed children receive.[13]

South Korea's still continuing traditionalist beliefs result in few people being open about their homosexuality. Homosexuality is discouraged, although homosexuality is legal in South Korea. As a result, there are few if any legal protections in place for gays and lesbians, and many of them are afraid to come out to their families, friends, and co-workers.[14] Gay men are not allowed to serve in the military, and in 2005 five soldiers were discharged for homosexuality.[15]

If the US could manage the population like South Korea does, we would be so much better off.

You cannot have the rain without having the wet.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 03:46 PM
Individual rights
See also: Freedom of religion in South Korea
See also: South Korean illegal surveillance incident
Every citizen over the age of 19 has the right to vote.

Official censorship is not in place.[citation needed] The National Security Law makes it a crime to express sympathies with North Korea, and though it is not consistently enforced, there are over 100 people imprisoned under it annually. A play about the Yodok political prison camp in North Korea has come under significant pressure from authorities to tone down its criticism and the producers have allegedly been threatened with prosecution under the security law.[4] Some conservative groups have complained that police keep a tight watch on their demonstrations and that some people were prevented from attending rallies.[5] Former Unification Minister Chung Dong-young was once accused of attempting to distract reporters from a meeting of activists for human rights in North Korea. Several established human rights organizations, however, have held lectures and exhibits critical of North Korea with no interference.[6]

Censorship is more notable in the media.[citation needed] Songs and theater play in Japanese language or relating to Japan are generally prohibited.[7] Despite the lifting of most regulations in 1996 and 1998 following a Constitutional Court ruling that they were illegal, scenes of extreme violence can be barred and pornography is forbidden from showing penetration of any kind, and genitals must be blurred out. Though technically legal, pornography must still meet some minimum standards of artistic integrity, which are not clearly written in the law.[8] In 1997 a human rights film festival was blocked and the organizers arrested for refusing to submit their films for pre-screening.[9] The government blocks access to North Korean websites and, sometimes, to major overseas web sites that host blogs.[citation needed] There is currently a debate over whether to revoke the ability to make anonymous comments online.[10]

Frank La Rue, The U.N. Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Opinion and Expression, announced that the government under the President Lee Myung-bak severely curtailed the freedom of expression in South Korea.[11][12]

Minority and immigrant rights
See also: LGBT rights in South Korea
South Korea, like Japan, is one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries in the world, and it is difficult for outsiders to be fully accepted.

The large population of workers from Southeast Asia, over half of whom are estimated to be in the country illegally, face considerable discrimination both in and out of the workplace.

This has led to the privately funded establishment of a school specifically targeted at children with an immigrated parent, with English and Korean as its main languages. When Hines Ward, who is of mixed Korean and African American heritage, earned MVP honors in Super Bowl XL, it sparked a debate in Korean society about the treatment mixed children receive.[13]

South Korea's still continuing traditionalist beliefs result in few people being open about their homosexuality. Homosexuality is discouraged, although homosexuality is legal in South Korea. As a result, there are few if any legal protections in place for gays and lesbians, and many of them are afraid to come out to their families, friends, and co-workers.[14] Gay men are not allowed to serve in the military, and in 2005 five soldiers were discharged for homosexuality.[15]

If the US could manage the population like South Korea does, we would be so much better off.

You cannot have the rain without having the wet.

Why do you copy+paste all this crap out when you just say they're lying about the death toll anyways?

DMC
04-23-2020, 03:55 PM
Why do you copy+paste all this crap out when you just say they're lying about the death toll anyways?

Do you think a government that imprisons its own citizens for saying something in defense of NK is all about getting the truth out?

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 03:57 PM
Do you think a government that imprisons its own citizens for saying something in defense of NK is all about getting the truth out?

Everyone's a lying piece of shit because Trump is. Gotcha.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 04:18 PM
Everyone's a lying piece of shit because Trump is. Gotcha.No, the Executive Branch is. No comment on Trump from DMC.

DMC
04-23-2020, 04:29 PM
Everyone's a lying piece of shit because Trump is. Gotcha.

In one thread you got RG screaming "population density!" to differentiate Texas from NY but here in this thread you're ignoring population density.

You can map out the countries and see the statistical anomalies, they stand out like a turd in a punch bowl. Of course you can dismiss that because you hate Trump, that's your call. I won't.

DMC
04-23-2020, 04:30 PM
No, the Executive Branch is. No comment on Trump from DMC.

You're one as well, as I have illustrated.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 04:33 PM
In one thread you got RG screaming "population density!" to differentiate Texas from NY but here in this thread you're ignoring population density.

You can map out the countries and see the statistical anomalies, they stand out like a turd in a punch bowl. Of course you can dismiss that because you hate Trump, that's your call. I won't.

You're ignoring South Korea's strong and fast mitigation efforts because you can't stand Trump getting any blame for fucking up. Instead you want to make up thousands of Korean dead out of thin air. It's fucking pathetic how far the 30% will go to normalize Trump.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 04:36 PM
You're one as well, as I have illustrated.I will allow for the possibility every government could be lying about numbers.

How are you saying ROK is hiding all the thousands of new cases and hundreds of dead bodies?

DMC
04-23-2020, 04:41 PM
You're ignoring South Korea's strong and fast mitigation efforts because you can't stand Trump getting any blame for fucking up. Instead you want to make up thousands of Korean dead out of thin air. It's fucking pathetic how far the 30% will go to normalize Trump.

What of China's strong and fast mitigation efforts?

If you cannot question the stats unless they come from your own government, why even bring up South Korea? Obviously it's a touchy subject you're not willing to consider.

DMC
04-23-2020, 04:42 PM
I will allow for the possibility every government could be lying about numbers.

How are you saying ROK is hiding all the thousands of new cases and hundreds of dead bodies?

Why would they need to hide them? Are you saying no one has died and been buried or cremated in SK? How is China hiding them?

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 04:43 PM
Why would they need to hide them? Are you saying no one has died and been buried or cremated in SK? How is China hiding them?You're trying to answer my question with three questions. It's depressingly easy to make you do backflips these days.

vy65
04-23-2020, 04:45 PM
The quality of South Korean healthcare has been ranked as being among the world's best. It had the OECD's highest colorectal cancer survival rate at 72.8%, significantly ahead of Denmark's 55.5% or the UK's 54.5%. It ranked second in cervical cancer survival rate at 76.8%, significantly ahead of Germany's 64.5% or the U.S. at 62.2%.[4] Hemorrhagic stroke 30 day in-hospital mortality per 100 hospital discharges was the OECD's third lowest at 13.7 deaths, which was almost twice as low as the U.S. at 22.3 or France's 24 deaths. For Ischemic stroke, it ranked second at 3.4 deaths, which was almost a third of Australia's 9.4 or Canada's 9.7 deaths. South Korean hospitals ranked 4th for MRI units per capita and 6th for CT scanners per capita in the OECD. It also had the OECD's second largest number of hospital beds per 1000 people at 9.56 beds, which was over triple that of Sweden's 2.71, Canada's 2.75, the UK's 2.95, or the U.S. at 3.05 beds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_South_Korea

vy65
But yah, it's probably a coverup

baseline bum
What of China's strong and fast mitigation efforts?

If you cannot question the stats unless they come from your own government, why even bring up South Korea? Obviously it's a touchy subject you're not willing to consider.

South Korea lied because you think they did. Airtight there.

DMC
04-23-2020, 04:47 PM
You're trying to answer my question with three questions.

I don't need to show the route of deception to not believe the stats.

I didn't need to know how China was lying to not trust their sudden flat line either.

DMC
04-23-2020, 04:48 PM
South Korea lied because you think they did. Airtight there.

I said I don't believe them. Obviously you do. I don't need to prove anything, the stats are suspicious.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 04:52 PM
I said I don't believe them. Obviously you do. I don't need to prove anything, the stats are suspicious.

The stats are suspicious because they're doing way better than America who spent two months calling it a Democratic hoax and ignoring it?

DMC
04-23-2020, 04:53 PM
The quality of South Korean healthcare has been ranked as being among the world's best. It had the OECD's highest colorectal cancer survival rate at 72.8%, significantly ahead of Denmark's 55.5% or the UK's 54.5%. It ranked second in cervical cancer survival rate at 76.8%, significantly ahead of Germany's 64.5% or the U.S. at 62.2%.[4] Hemorrhagic stroke 30 day in-hospital mortality per 100 hospital discharges was the OECD's third lowest at 13.7 deaths, which was almost twice as low as the U.S. at 22.3 or France's 24 deaths. For Ischemic stroke, it ranked second at 3.4 deaths, which was almost a third of Australia's 9.4 or Canada's 9.7 deaths. South Korean hospitals ranked 4th for MRI units per capita and 6th for CT scanners per capita in the OECD. It also had the OECD's second largest number of hospital beds per 1000 people at 9.56 beds, which was over triple that of Sweden's 2.71, Canada's 2.75, the UK's 2.95, or the U.S. at 3.05 beds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_South_Korea

Look at Russia's 0.9% mortality rate while SK is at 2.2% Obviously Russia is knocking it out of the park. Singapore has 10K cases but only 12 fatalities.

Obviously the virus is xenophobic.

DMC
04-23-2020, 04:57 PM
The stats are suspicious because they're doing way better than America who spent two months calling it a Democratic hoax and ignoring it? For a country that has 17K flu deaths a year, they sure got a fast handle on this one. Shouldn't have to worry about South Korea now.

You're reaching with the hyperbole btw. You should be able to mount a better case than that. Did New York consider it a hoax and are they run by the GOP? Weren't they all out rubbing elbows and smoking cigars and being told to go out and have fun? Who told them that, was it the GOP?

I don't recall.

How many dead in NY btw? Not many, it's a dem run state.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 05:00 PM
For a country that has 17K flu deaths a year, they sure got a fast handle on this one. Shouldn't have to worry about South Korea now.

You're reaching with the hyperbole btw. You should be able to mount a better case than that. Did New York consider it a hoax and are they run by the GOP? Weren't they all out rubbing elbows and smoking cigars and being told to go out and have fun? Who told them that, was it the GOP?

I don't recall.

How many dead in NY btw? Not many, it's a dem run state.

Get the fuck out of here talking about mounting cases when your case is "nuh uh" without any supporting evidence. :lmao

Winehole23
04-23-2020, 05:09 PM
That's quite the smokescreen from DMC.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 05:10 PM
I don't need to show the route of deception to not believe the stats.

I didn't need to know how China was lying to not trust their sudden flat line either.I would never claim you know anything.

How do you think they're doing it?

vy65
04-23-2020, 05:19 PM
Look at Russia's 0.9% mortality rate while SK is at 2.2% Obviously Russia is knocking it out of the park. Singapore has 10K cases but only 12 fatalities.

Obviously the virus is xenophobic.

So you're comparing Putin-led Russia and Jinping-led China to democratic South Korea (lol NK gag order) as a basis for saying SK's numbers or wrong?

I'd think the prior experience with SARs, having the best healthcare systems in the world, and having systems in place for dealing with the pandemic are responsible for Singapore and SK's low numbers. But yeah, compare SK to authoritarian government's that rely on misinformation to govern for a baseline. That's sound analysis right there :tu.

DAF86
04-23-2020, 05:33 PM
Pretty much in 99% of the World, liberals and conservatives agree on the strict measures to fight COVID. US conservatives need to chill the fuck out, tbh.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 06:00 PM
Pretty much in 99% of the World, liberals and conservatives agree on the strict measures to fight COVID. US conservatives need to chill the fuck out, tbh.

US conservatives have gone off the fascist deep end ever since the scary negro got elected. Our conservatives have more in common with Middle East conservatives than conservatives of other western nations.

pgardn
04-23-2020, 06:08 PM

See this is what you get from a lying orange fck sending mixed signals.
Applauding even cheering armed groups giving their States hell about opening up.
Leading by creating divisiveness does not work in these situations.
I will give him credit for smattering truth amongst the lies but that’s not helpful now.

He really needs to sit the fck down and let a press secretary take this on. But he can’t stand expertise in his world that he think makes him look bad. It’s too late, he has and continues to look like a fool.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 07:12 PM
See this is what you get from a lying orange fck sending mixed signals.
Applauding even cheering armed groups giving their States hell about opening up.
Leading by creating divisiveness does not work in these situations.
I will give him credit for smattering truth amongst the lies but that’s not helpful now.

He really needs to sit the fck down and let a press secretary take this on. But he can’t stand expertise in his world that he think makes him look bad. It’s too late, he has and continues to look like a fool.

Trump's Phase 1 is opening pretty much everything but schools and bars, and there seems to be no mechanism for rolling it back when caseloads increase. I still can't fucking believes gyms are going to be opened thanks to Trump. Bad enough restaurant dining rooms and movie theaters, but fucking gyms?

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 07:16 PM
Trump's Phase 1 is opening pretty much everything but sports stadiums, schools, and bars, and there seems to be no mechanism for rolling it back when caseloads increase. I still can't fucking believes gyms are going to be opened thanks to Trump.Trump backed down from his "absolute authority" over the states at the very first opportunity. All it took was one southern bumpkin that wanted to kick low wage workers off unemployment.

midnightpulp
04-23-2020, 09:04 PM
If DMC thinks South Korea and many other countries are underreporting, then it stands to reason the US is underreporting, as well.

DarrinS
04-23-2020, 09:08 PM
Time will tell if Sweden made a good or bad choice. Took balls to go their route tho.

Winehole23
04-23-2020, 09:09 PM
Time will tell if Sweden made a good or bad choice. Took balls to go their route tho.
More balls than brains it appears right now.

DarrinS
04-23-2020, 09:12 PM
More balls than brains it appears right now.

Faster herd immunity and less economic destruction. We'll see.

midnightpulp
04-23-2020, 09:24 PM
Faster herd immunity and less economic destruction. We'll see.

You can see the movement data and Sweden's movement isn't drastically different from countries with stay-at-home orders. They're basically locking down even if they're ordered to. But they're moving just a little bit more than countries with those orders, and that little bit more movement is translating into a much higher death rate. So they're not interacting enough to achieve herd immunity and not reducing movement enough to reduce the death toll. When you're dealing with potential exponential spread, every single person staying home matters.

Winehole23
04-23-2020, 09:27 PM
Faster herd immunity and less economic destruction. We'll see.More magical thinking sounds like.

Are.you sure that's how herd immunity works? England is eating shit on that hypothesis too.

Lay it out for us, Profe.

Winehole23
04-23-2020, 09:30 PM
Awful big gamble you're taking with people's lives. Many survivors will end up disabled. That'll be another drag on the economy.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 09:34 PM
Faster herd immunity and less economic destruction. We'll see.How many deaths would be worth it to you?

What are your metrics?

DMC
04-23-2020, 10:03 PM
So you're comparing Putin-led Russia and Jinping-led China to democratic South Korea (lol NK gag order) as a basis for saying SK's numbers or wrong?

I'd think the prior experience with SARs, having the best healthcare systems in the world, and having systems in place for dealing with the pandemic are responsible for Singapore and SK's low numbers. But yeah, compare SK to authoritarian government's that rely on misinformation to govern for a baseline. That's sound analysis right there :tu.

I just look at the stats and the rest is fill in the blank.

So then the death rate only applies to people who aren't in Singapore or Russia. :tu

DMC
04-23-2020, 10:04 PM
Awful big gamble you're taking with people's lives. Many survivors will end up disabled. That'll be another drag on the economy.

Nah, look at Russia and Singapore, they have a low deathrate overall and they haven't even considered those who are asymptomatic.

vy65
04-23-2020, 10:46 PM
I just look at the stats and the rest is fill in the blank.

So then the death rate only applies to people who aren't in Singapore or Russia. :tu

Those stats aren’t truthful or reliable you fucking moron. This is simple shit, even for you.

Winehole23
04-24-2020, 12:06 AM
Nah, look at Russia and Singapore, they have a low deathrate overall and they haven't even considered those who are asymptomatic.You don't know shit, actually. You're a really big bullshitter.

DMC
04-24-2020, 12:29 AM
Those stats aren’t truthful or reliable you fucking moron. This is simple shit, even for you.

No shit moron. That's what I have been arguing.

DMC
04-24-2020, 12:29 AM
You don't know shit, actually. You're a really big bullshitter.
You're just a frilly talker with nothing under the cork.

DarrinS
04-24-2020, 12:33 AM
My people are brave.

ChumpDumper
04-24-2020, 01:19 AM
My people are brave.My people are alive without sacrificing old and sick people.

vy65
04-24-2020, 09:50 AM
No shit moron. That's what I have been arguing.

You're arguing that the reliability of stats from China and Russia is the same as the reliability of stats from SK because you can get fined for saying nice things about Kim Jong Un in Seoul. That's really fucking stupid.

DMC
04-24-2020, 10:21 AM
You're arguing that the reliability of stats from China and Russia is the same as the reliability of stats from SK because you can get fined for saying nice things about Kim Jong Un in Seoul. That's really fucking stupid.

You're arguing the reliability of stats from Russia and China are inaccurate because you can be fined for speaking out against the government. That's really fucking stupid.

It's your level of trust vs mine, neither of us has one stitch of evidence to support it. You're using reports, but China also has reports. I'm using stats, but I don't know how they are compiled exactly. If you learn SK was lying, you're going to probably ignore it.

vy65
04-24-2020, 10:33 AM
You're arguing the reliability of stats from Russia and China are inaccurate because you can be fined for speaking out against the government. That's really fucking stupid.

It's your level of trust vs mine, neither of us has one stitch of evidence to support it. You're using reports, but China also has reports. I'm using stats, but I don't know how they are compiled exactly. If you learn SK was lying, you're going to probably ignore it.

You're just making shit up. The inaccuracy (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/23/china-coronavirus-cases-might-have-been-four-times-official-figure-says-study) in China's numbers has been documented. I'm arguing the reliability of Chinese/Russian stats are inaccurate because those governments have not been reporting accurate numbers you fucking dolt. So it's not a "your word vs. mine" issue. Your wishcasting has gotten to be truly fucking desparate. Sad!

RandomGuy
04-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Nah, look at Russia and Singapore, they have a low deathrate overall and they haven't even considered those who are asymptomatic.

Translation:

"I trust Russia's reported numbers"

Wow. Just... wow.

RandomGuy
04-24-2020, 01:07 PM

Airtight circular logic there.

They are suspicious because they are lying. They are lying because they are suspcious.

:tu

SnakeBoy
04-24-2020, 01:24 PM
If you learn SK was lying, you're going to probably ignore it.

It's pretty clear they are lying given what we now know about this virus and it's mode of transmission

ChumpDumper
04-24-2020, 01:29 PM
It's pretty clear they are lying given what we now know about this virus and it's mode of transmissionIt's clear South Korea is lying about what?

DMC
04-24-2020, 01:30 PM
You're just making shit up. The inaccuracy (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/23/china-coronavirus-cases-might-have-been-four-times-official-figure-says-study) in China's numbers has been documented. I'm arguing the reliability of Chinese/Russian stats are inaccurate because those governments have not been reporting accurate numbers you fucking dolt. So it's not a "your word vs. mine" issue. Your wishcasting has gotten to be truly fucking desparate. Sad!

https://i.imgur.com/yoOPWVK.jpg

DMC
04-24-2020, 01:33 PM
Airtight circular logic there.

They are suspicious because they are lying. They are lying because they are suspcious.

:tu

You try so hard to be clever but even a child could see that you suspect someone of lying because the stats don't add up.

Spin that however you want.

DMC
04-24-2020, 01:34 PM
Translation:

Wow. Just... wow.
Sarcasm, dipshit.

Spurtacular
04-24-2020, 01:35 PM
Translation:

Wow. Just... wow.

:lol Can't trust the boogeyman Russia

vy65
04-24-2020, 02:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/yoOPWVK.jpg

Fascinating. Care you use your words?

pgardn
04-24-2020, 02:30 PM

Says the guy worried about government having too much control.

Fckn idiot.
Did they democratically elect Donald Trump?
Would he ever get appointed by the party?

No and NO.

DMC
04-24-2020, 04:41 PM
Fascinating. Care you use your words?

What do you get from it? Bet you could glance at it, I could remove all the country names and you could pick out SK and China easily.

DMC
04-24-2020, 04:46 PM
Says the guy worried about government having too much control.

Fckn idiot.
Did they democratically elect Donald Trump?
Would he ever get appointed by the party?

No and NO.

Who and who?

Yes Trump was democratically elected.

Appointed by the GOP? How does that work exactly?

vy65
04-24-2020, 09:24 PM
What do you get from it? Bet you could glance at it, I could remove all the country names and you could pick out SK and China easily.

This has dick to do with your point about South Korean "propaganda." You're trying to be oblique like WH and failing miserably.

ElNono
04-25-2020, 12:27 AM
I can believe China fudging numbers, and even them had a difficult time hiding them when they had a 2nd wave... I can't think SK fudging numbers for long...

DMC
04-25-2020, 12:55 AM
This has dick to do with your point about South Korean "propaganda." You're trying to be oblique like WH and failing miserably.

Are you really that fucking naive that you need to be handheld through this shit?

RandomGuy
04-25-2020, 08:45 AM

No, you cannot.

:lol Spurtacular carr'ing water for Pootin now. Don't you have enough on your plate already?

RandomGuy
04-25-2020, 08:48 AM
You try so hard to be clever but even a child could see that you suspect someone of lying because the stats don't add up.

Spin that however you want.

Nah. One has to look at how the stuff is compiled first. I would tend to trust democratic governments and give them the benefit of the doubt, before jumping to conclusions.

Fee free to offer some actual proof, then I will be more willing to accept the proposition.

Spurtacular
04-25-2020, 10:53 AM
No, you cannot.

:lol Spurtacular carr'ing water for Pootin now. Don't you have enough on your plate already?

Do you remember in 2012 when Obama declared in a debate that The Cold War was over?

:lmao #AlwaysWithHer

DMC
04-25-2020, 10:57 AM
Nah. One has to look at how the stuff is compiled first. I would tend to trust democratic governments and give them the benefit of the doubt, before jumping to conclusions.

Fee free to offer some actual proof, then I will be more willing to accept the proposition.

:lol except your own

I don't have any proof. I doubt I'll find any. If anything, the death records would be wrong in more rural areas. That's supposedly what Iran is doing, falsifying death records and supposedly China has a much larger issue than they've admitted to. I wouldn't be too shocked if Japan does as well, seeing how lax they treated it early on. The virus death count has become the marker for "great leadership" among news agencies and so these shithole countries like Iran feel pressure to hide the facts. I guess Allah laid that on their hearts right behind licking the fucking religious phallus.

It's amusing to read these leaders boasting that they don't care what the ROTW thinks then they lie about their own situation. US included.

diego
05-01-2020, 09:20 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/29/swedish-city-lund-dump-tonne-chicken-manure-park-deter-visitors-coronavirus-lockdown

:lol

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2020, 03:09 PM
WHO Changes COVID Tune, Now Says Sweden Had It Right & CDC "Suspends" Flu Reporting

https://youtu.be/KlKz_HyAiE4

RandomGuy
05-02-2020, 08:59 PM
Do you remember in 2012 when Obama declared in a debate that The Cold War was over?

:lmao #AlwaysWithHer

#Obamawasadudedumbass

RandomGuy
05-02-2020, 09:01 PM

I don't have any proof.

So you have no rational reason to accept it either. Yet you do.

Irrational.

QED.

Spurtacular
05-02-2020, 09:02 PM
#Obamawasadudedumbass

So, was Obama right about the Russians? Or was Mitt right about the Russians?

RandomGuy
05-03-2020, 12:01 AM

ODS

Spurtacular
05-03-2020, 12:03 AM
ODS

Cop out.

RandomGuy
05-03-2020, 12:24 AM
Cop out.

What did Obama say the Russians were injecting bleach to kill the 'Rona?

DMC
05-03-2020, 12:34 AM

I don't have any proof. I doubt I'll find any. If anything, the death records would be wrong in more rural areas. That's supposedly what Iran is doing, falsifying death records and supposedly China has a much larger issue than they've admitted to. I wouldn't be too shocked if Japan does as well, seeing how lax they treated it early on. The virus death count has become the marker for "great leadership" among news agencies and so these shithole countries like Iran feel pressure to hide the facts. I guess Allah laid that on their hearts right behind licking the fucking religious phallus.

It's amusing to read these leaders boasting that they don't care what the ROTW thinks then they lie about their own situation. US included.

So you have no rational reason to accept it either. Yet you do.

Irrational.

QED.

Dishonest dissecting of my response illustrates how challenged you are to form a decent response.

What convinces me isn't what I consider proof. Evidence isn't proof. It's just evidence.

RandomGuy
05-03-2020, 12:50 AM
Dishonest dissecting of my response illustrates how challenged you are to form a decent response.

What convinces me isn't what I consider proof. Evidence isn't proof. It's just evidence.

You have a belief that something is true, without evidence to support that.

Didn't take it out of context, it was your words. Can't go back and understand it for you.

Irrational.

QED.

DMC
05-03-2020, 12:54 AM
You have a belief that something is true, without evidence to support that.

Didn't take it out of context, it was your words. Can't go back and understand it for you.

Irrational.

QED.
Idiot, I have evidence. Evidence isn't proof. Don't make me school you on epistemology.

Spurtacular
05-03-2020, 03:15 AM
What did Obama say the Russians were injecting bleach to kill the 'Rona?

Russians bad except when they're not. You don't get to bitch about them anymore; you can't own it.

midnightpulp
05-03-2020, 07:19 PM
Sweden is doing much worse than their neighbors.

And they didn't "save the economy" vs. the others. Denmark's unemployment only went up by .2 percent.

boutons_deux
05-03-2020, 07:26 PM
Denmark's unemployment only went up by .2 percent.

the govt is paying all the salaries to keep everybody on payrolls.

RandomGuy
05-04-2020, 12:29 PM
Idiot, I have evidence. Evidence isn't proof. Don't make me school you on epistemology.

We have had this discussion before... de ja convo

RandomGuy
05-04-2020, 12:30 PM
Russians bad except when they're not. You don't get to bitch about them anymore; you can't own it.

Russians are bad, based on their actions. At some point Putin turned on the West. Can't understand it for you.

Spurtacular
05-04-2020, 12:32 PM
Russians are bad, based on their actions. At some point Putin turned on the West. Can't understand it for you.

:lol "at some point"
:lol RandomGoon

boutons_deux
05-04-2020, 12:36 PM
At some point Putin turned on the West.

what? :lol When has Pootin ever been pro-West?

RandomGuy
05-12-2020, 02:26 PM
Sweden is doing much worse than their neighbors.

And they didn't "save the economy" vs. the others. Denmark's unemployment only went up by .2 percent.

Pretty much.

RandomGuy
05-12-2020, 02:31 PM

Der Trumpenfuehrer has been.

Muh Sweden is locked down just like everybody else, but with higher infection and death rates than it neighbors who did shut down.

Jury came in while you were sucking Trumps dick.

RandomGuy
05-20-2020, 09:19 AM

This.

RandomGuy
05-20-2020, 09:21 AM

Entirely predictable.

No, not really. You have no fucking clue how long, or even if there will be such a thing as herd immunity from everybody getting the disease.

Meanwhile the entirely predictable result of the policy you think is the way to go:

Sweden has Europe's highest number of coronavirus deaths per capita over last 7 days
https://news.yahoo.com/sweden-europes-highest-number-coronavirus-162800845.html

baseline bum
05-20-2020, 10:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzHT-LKK2xY

TSA
05-20-2020, 10:54 AM
No, not really. You have no fucking clue how long, or even if there will be such a thing as herd immunity from everybody getting the disease.

Meanwhile the entirely predictable result of the policy you think is the way to go:

Sweden has Europe's highest number of coronavirus deaths per capita over last 7 days

I'm so in your head and have you so butthurt you have to resort to making up lies about my positions now :lol Find one single post where I said I think Sweden's policy is the way to go you pathetic liar.

"Over the course of the pandemic Sweden still has fewer deaths per capita than the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Belgium and France, which have all opted for lockdowns, but much higher than Nordic neighbours Denmark, Norway and Finland.

Sweden’s strategy, mostly based on voluntary measures regarding social distancing and basic hygiene, has been criticised by some as a dangerous experiment with peoples lives but also been put forward as a future model by the WHO.

Sweden’s open strategy seems to have softened the blow on the economy, with growth shrinking much less than in Denmark and Norway in the first quarter."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-sweden-casualties/sweden-tops-europe-covid-19-deaths-per-capita-over-last-seven-days-idUSKBN22V26A?il=0

Was it entirely predictable that Sweden's policy would result in fewer deaths per capita than it's fellow European countries who locked down like the UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France?

SnakeBoy
05-20-2020, 11:03 AM

Sweden, where COVID-19 deaths are declining overall

That said, Sweden has fewer deaths per capita during the full length of the pandemic than its fellow European countries like the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France, which instituted stricter lockdowns

SnakeBoy
05-20-2020, 11:09 AM

If herd immunity is not possible then there is no hope for a vaccine

Trill Clinton
05-20-2020, 11:10 AM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BoilingSlipperyIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

DMC
05-20-2020, 11:44 AM
I'm so in your head and have you so butthurt you have to resort to making up lies about my positions now :lol Find one single post where I said I think Sweden's policy is the way to go you pathetic liar.

"Over the course of the pandemic Sweden still has fewer deaths per capita than the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Belgium and France, which have all opted for lockdowns, but much higher than Nordic neighbours Denmark, Norway and Finland.

Sweden’s strategy, mostly based on voluntary measures regarding social distancing and basic hygiene, has been criticised by some as a dangerous experiment with peoples lives but also been put forward as a future model by the WHO.

Sweden’s open strategy seems to have softened the blow on the economy, with growth shrinking much less than in Denmark and Norway in the first quarter."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-sweden-casualties/sweden-tops-europe-covid-19-deaths-per-capita-over-last-seven-days-idUSKBN22V26A?il=0

Was it entirely predictable that Sweden's policy would result in fewer deaths per capita than it's fellow European countries who locked down like the UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France?

It's been well established that RandomGuy is not an honest broker. I don't know why you go back and forth with him. He doesn't have anything to offer you can't find on the same liberal website he's grabbing articles from.

boutons_deux
05-20-2020, 12:07 PM
"I want these structural issues addressed" they won't

"as sacrificial lambs for the economy." that's the sadistic, predatory inhumanity of Capitalism

spurraider21
05-20-2020, 12:37 PM

Statistical anomalies are called that for a reason.
the numbers out of the US, as a whole, aren't anomalous

could there be state by state, county by county discrepancies? i'm sure there are. but what level of precision in the data are you demanding before agreeing to shape policy after them? as a country, we have just over 94k deaths right now, over 1.5 million confirmed cases. even if those numbers were off by a quarter (and all in one direction), we'd still be looking at a situation with over a million cases and over 70k deaths.

hater
05-20-2020, 12:45 PM
sweden going like a champ to steady 1,000 case a day and 100 dead a day

but but sweden :cry

RandomGuy
05-20-2020, 02:56 PM

(shrugs)

If you don't think it is the way to go, then I was mistaken. Sorry.

As for comparisons, why are choosing to ask questions about non-scandinavian countries?

Would that not make for a better comparison?

RandomGuy
05-20-2020, 02:58 PM
It's been well established that RandomGuy is not an honest broker. I don't know why you go back and forth with him. He doesn't have anything to offer you can't find on the same liberal website he's grabbing articles from.

From someone who lies about what other people believe on a consistent basis. :lol

TSA
05-20-2020, 03:20 PM
(shrugs)

If you don't think it is the way to go, then I was mistaken. Sorry.

As for comparisons, why are choosing to ask questions about non-scandinavian countries?

Would that not make for a better comparison?

You ran in here to talk shit because of some butthurt I've caused you and you thought you had a gotcha on me. :lol

I'm asking questions about those countries because they were brought up in the article you linked. Why aren't you constantly harping on the policy decisions of the UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France?

tholdren
05-20-2020, 03:40 PM
You ran in here to talk shit because of some butthurt I've caused you and you thought you had a gotcha on me. :lol

I'm asking questions about those countries because they were brought up in the article you linked. Why aren't you constantly harping on the policy decisions of the UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium, and France?
Why would they do that? This way they can blame one person for all of their problems instead of using logic

Once the virus was out, it was out. International travel makes this type of problem almost uncontrollable. Pros and cons of progress.

Back to sweeden. These people also don't take into account shutdown ruining lives, satisfaction of life both for at risk and not at risk, nor physical or mental health. Every death is a win to them. Its sad.

ChumpDumper
05-20-2020, 03:50 PM
Why would they do that? This way they can blame one person for all of their problems instead of using logic Logically speaking, why does South Korea have fewer cases and deaths per captia than the United States?

tholdren
05-20-2020, 03:51 PM
Logically speaking, why does South Korea have fewer cases and deaths per captia than the United States?

Who knows. Not you. You just tried to explain that the spanish flu came from kansas

ChumpDumper
05-20-2020, 03:52 PM
Who knows. This is not a logical answer. I'll let you try again.

Logically speaking, why does South Korea have fewer cases and deaths per captia than the United States?

tholdren
05-20-2020, 03:55 PM
This is not a logical answer. I'll let you try again.

They aren't attributing death as a probable and using science?

tholdren
05-20-2020, 03:57 PM
Why were all the models wrong and over exaggerated?

ChumpDumper
05-20-2020, 03:58 PM
They aren't attributing death as a probable and using science?Answering a question with another question is not logical.

I'll give you another chance to answer logically since you're bragging about your logic.

DMC
05-20-2020, 04:45 PM
the numbers out of the US, as a whole, aren't anomalous

could there be state by state, county by county discrepancies? i'm sure there are. but what level of precision in the data are you demanding before agreeing to shape policy after them? as a country, we have just over 94k deaths right now, over 1.5 million confirmed cases. even if those numbers were off by a quarter (and all in one direction), we'd still be looking at a situation with over a million cases and over 70k deaths.

Do you believe the numbers out of China? Do you really need all that yapping to answer?

DMC
05-20-2020, 04:46 PM
From someone who lies about what other people believe on a consistent basis. :lol

You'll know them by their fruits

DMC
05-20-2020, 04:48 PM
Answering a question with another question is not logical.

I'll give you another chance to answer logically since you're bragging about your logic.

Your question has nothing to do with logic. :lol idiot

ChumpDumper
05-20-2020, 04:51 PM
Your question has nothing to do with logic. :lol idiotSure it does.

But whatever, I'll just ask you the question straight up.

Why does South Korea have fewer cases and deaths per captia than the United States?

Please refrain from your usual conspiracy theories.

koriwhat
05-20-2020, 04:54 PM

and this folks is the shit herd mentality!

btw, those you listed as "forced back into it" are not being forced at all and contrary to your belief they, like me, have been itching to get back to work!

stay home faggot!

spurraider21
05-20-2020, 05:08 PM
Do you believe the numbers out of China? Do you really need all that yapping to answer?
their numbers dont appear reliable, because compared to the rest of the world, appear to be anomalous, and there were all sorts of documented concerns about their transparency through this entire process.

i dont think we need to gauge the reliability of China's numbers to determine what our policy should be here. it's just a red herring for the purpose of this discussion

ChumpDumper
05-20-2020, 05:10 PM
their numbers dont appear reliable, because compared to the rest of the world, appear to be anomalous, and there were all sorts of documented concerns about their transparency through this entire process.

i dont think we need to gauge the reliability of China's numbers to determine what our policy should be here. it's just a red herring for the purpose of this discussionIt's the F1 level of his whataboutorando.

DMC
05-20-2020, 05:20 PM

i dont think we need to gauge the reliability of China's numbers to determine what our policy should be here. it's just a red herring for the purpose of this discussion

Your strawman aside, so you don't believe the numbers?

koriwhat
05-20-2020, 05:25 PM

he's saying, "well yeah china lied but forget about their lies for a moment because ORANGE MAN BAD!"

SR is a fucking loser with a loser mentality who loves commies.

DMC
05-20-2020, 05:26 PM
he's saying, "well yeah china lied but forget about their lies for a moment because ORANGE MAN BAD!"

No he's playing lawyer, not saying anything about his belief but instead shifting the focus to a strawman about using China as a model. No one suggested doing so.

If you think something is suspect, you lack a belief in the veracity of the claim, and even moreso you have at least some disbelief of it. Admit it or not, that's how it goes.

I have no problem saying I don't believe China's numbers. I think China is lying. I think they stopped counting (or at least reporting the results) thus the sudden flatline. The R0 of the virus and the population density of these countries makes these sudden flatlines in results highly suspect.

spurraider21
05-20-2020, 05:37 PM
already answered

spurraider21
05-20-2020, 05:38 PM

no need to forget about China. China fucked up bad, deserve criticism, and probably heavy sanctions. they covered this thing up until it was too late, didnt allow other governments to test early samples, etc. they fucked a lot of countries over and they have blood on their hands

but the world doesnt stop moving just because China royally fucked up. there are things that could have been done better here, despite China's bad actions

koriwhat
05-20-2020, 06:56 PM
no need to forget about China. China fucked up bad, deserve criticism, and probably heavy sanctions. they covered this thing up until it was too late, didnt allow other governments to test early samples, etc. they fucked a lot of countries over and they have blood on their hands

but the world doesnt stop moving just because China royally fucked up. there are things that could have been done better here, despite China's bad actions

I'll actually applaud your reply here SR.

spurraider21
05-20-2020, 07:02 PM
I'll actually applaud your reply here SR.
i appreciate that but i'm not saying anything special or different.

i dont think you'll find a single poster here that doesnt place blame on China for their part in this.

tholdren
05-20-2020, 07:49 PM
i appreciate that but i'm not saying anything special or different.

i dont think you'll find a single poster here that doesnt place blame on China for their part in this.

No chumpdumper says its all trumps fault. He thinks ny is cool because they have open wet markets just like china

spurraider21
05-20-2020, 07:55 PM
No chumpdumper says its all trumps fault. He thinks ny is cool because they have open wet markets just like china

The wet markets where this virus came from are in China. I'm fine with shutting down every wet market in the world.

spurraider21
05-20-2020, 07:57 PM
mean liberals: china fucked up

tholdren and kw: :tu

mean liberals: trump also could have done a lot more
tholdren and kw: WHY ARENT YOU BLAMING CHINA :madrun

tholdren
05-20-2020, 07:59 PM
Keep scrolling you will find 2 things.
1. He didn't know ny had wet markets.....

2. He says since they are in ny they pose no risk

tholdren
05-20-2020, 08:01 PM
mean liberals: china fucked up

tholdren and kw: :tu

mean liberals: trump also could have done a lot more
tholdren and kw: WHY ARENT YOU BLAMING CHINA :madrun

I will wait for you to post in context.... looks like Rebekah Jones pt 2

hater
05-21-2020, 06:47 AM
:lmao :lmao Sweden

first herd immunity study just released yesterday. they claimed that would reach herd immunity by now at 60% infection rate.

the actual results are 7% infection thus far. Zero herd immunity

:lmao :lmao

fucking morons

https://twitter.com/aoubio/status/1263206403977641985?s=21

one of the mathematical experts who claimed herd immunity’s reaction:

“well, I guess I was way off “

https://twitter.com/aoubio/status/1263208440215883777?s=21

RandomGuy
05-21-2020, 09:30 AM
Keep scrolling you will find 2 things.
1. He didn't know ny had wet markets.....

2. He says since they are in ny they pose no risk

Wet markets per se are not the problem. The specifics of how animals are kept matters.

Why the fuck does this matter more to you than Trump fucking up the response? I assume this matters more, because you haven't really talked about how Trump fucked up the response.

RandomGuy
05-21-2020, 09:32 AM
:lmao :lmao Sweden

first herd immunity study just released yesterday. they claimed that would reach herd immunity by now at 60% infection rate.

the actual results are 7% infection thus far. Zero herd immunity

:lmao :lmao

fucking morons

https://twitter.com/aoubio/status/1263206403977641985?s=21

one of the mathematical experts who claimed herd immunity’s reaction:

“well, I guess I was way off “

https://twitter.com/aoubio/status/1263208440215883777?s=21

.0066*.6*330,000,000 = #1,306,800‬

That is about how many people will have died by the time 60% of the US population has contracted this disease.

RandomGuy
05-21-2020, 09:34 AM

I would be willing to bet a good deal of money he doesn't think that.

Why are you lying about what he believes?

RandomGuy
05-21-2020, 09:35 AM
No he's playing lawyer, not saying anything about his belief but instead shifting the focus to a strawman about using China as a model. No one suggested doing so.

If you think something is suspect, you lack a belief in the veracity of the claim, and even moreso you have at least some disbelief of it. Admit it or not, that's how it goes.

I have no problem saying I don't believe China's numbers. I think China is lying. I think they stopped counting (or at least reporting the results) thus the sudden flatline. The R0 of the virus and the population density of these countries makes these sudden flatlines in results highly suspect.

You say that is if strawman arguments are bad.

Are strawman arguments bad?

tholdren
05-21-2020, 09:36 AM
.0066*.6*330,000,000 = #1,306,800‬

That is about how many people will have died by the time 60% of the US population has contracted this disease.

Just like the 94 million who would die by April? Or the 200k per day? Or the ships that were needed in ny? Or all of the hospitals being overwhelmed everywhere? Why are you still on the hypothetical nonsense?

RandomGuy
05-21-2020, 11:06 AM

Because conservatives pushing for Sweden as some sort of model. I am evaluating their arguments.

As for butthurt from you, not really. you overestimate your abilities on a consistant basis.

DMC
05-21-2020, 11:27 AM
You say that is if strawman arguments are bad.

Are strawman arguments bad?

Your chump routine needs work. Go fuck your mother some more

TimDunkem
05-21-2020, 11:28 AM
Just like the 94 million who would die by April? Or the 200k per day? Or the ships that were needed in ny? Or all of the hospitals being overwhelmed everywhere? Why are you still on the hypothetical nonsense?
Speaking of nonsense. Link?

ChumpDumper
05-21-2020, 12:33 PM

I hurt him badly. All he can do is lie.

ChumpDumper
05-21-2020, 12:34 PM

I hurt him badly. All he can do is lie.

tholdren
05-21-2020, 01:06 PM

So sad.

DMC
05-21-2020, 01:13 PM
The "link?" meme is random as fuck, and if you provided one it's likely no one uses it and just nay-says you repeatedly or sidesteps the issue. You misunderstood, because you don't get it. :lol

TimDunkem
05-21-2020, 01:38 PM
So no one said 94 million dead by April? Got it.

tholdren
05-21-2020, 01:39 PM
Well you're wrong. Per usual

TimDunkem
05-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Well you're wrong. Per usual
Who said 94 million dead by April?

hater
05-21-2020, 01:40 PM

:lol worldwide maybe

but in US? I dont think even CNN said it

spurraider21
05-21-2020, 01:41 PM
The "link?" meme is random as fuck, and if you provided one it's likely no one uses it and just nay-says you repeatedly or sidesteps the issue. You misunderstood, because you don't get it. :lol
citing sources for claims is a meme?

tholdren
Who said 94 million dead by April?
You're an angry little guy

spurraider21
:lol worldwide maybe

but in US? I dont think even CNN said it
you called human extinction by now tbh :lol

TimDunkem
You're an angry little guy
Says the guy who can't answer a simple question without getting upset. Who said 94 mill dead by April?

tholdren
05-21-2020, 01:43 PM
Says the guy who can't answer a simple question without getting upset. Who said 94 mill dead by April?

need more ships

TimDunkem
05-21-2020, 01:44 PM
need more ships
So you're not going to answer?

tholdren
05-21-2020, 01:45 PM
So you're not going to answer?

Need more models

TimDunkem
05-21-2020, 01:46 PM
Need more models
Where's the one that said 94 million dead by April?

tholdren
05-21-2020, 01:46 PM
Where's the one that said 94 million dead by April?
Lockdowns!

hater
05-21-2020, 01:47 PM
you called human extinction by now tbh :lol

link?

TimDunkem
05-21-2020, 01:48 PM
Lockdowns!
Really though. Who said 94 million dead by April?

ChumpDumper
:lol thildren is melting down again.

Too easy.

So sad.

tholdren
link?
Lol ask Tim dunkem. Beahahahaha

ChumpDumper
05-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Lol ask Tim dunkem. BeahahahahaAt least he'll answer.

You just shit your pants.

Sad.

TimDunkem
05-21-2020, 01:50 PM
Lol ask Tim dunkem. Beahahahaha
Why? I'm asking you. If someone said 94 million would be dead by April then just show us. Pretty simple.

tholdren
05-21-2020, 01:50 PM
At least he'll answer.

You just shit your pants.

Sad.

remember when you said kansas flu. Hysterical

ChumpDumper
05-21-2020, 01:51 PM
remember when you said kansas flu. HystericalDo you think all the lockdowns were totally unnecessary?

Yes or no.

tholdren
05-21-2020, 01:52 PM
Do you think all the lockdowns were totally unnecessary?

Yes or no.
I can't talk to you about it. You are so wrong all the time. Kansas flu, models, more ships, don't know ny had wet markets.... don't you want to stop?