PDA

View Full Version : Why Does An 87-Year-Old Man With Pneumonia 'Catching' COVID-19 In A Highly Contagious Hospital Count In The Numbers?

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 12:42 PM
Speaking of Pocohantas and her brother....

Seems to me that if we're going to be considering future shutdowns, etc., we should have common sense calculus.

DMC
04-23-2020, 12:45 PM
Anyone who dies who has the disease is counted whether or not the disease caused the deaths. This is why you have to factor in all the variables when making an assessment, but mostly these other cases are statistical noise and won't affect the overall message.

hater
04-23-2020, 12:48 PM
yup only under 25 blonde hairy healthy aryan men who die should be counted :lol

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 12:49 PM
yup only under 25 blonde hairy healthy aryan men who die should be counted :lol

Pretty sure they're at a 99.99999999999999 percent survival rate. Makes no sense for them to not be allowed to work.

spurraider21
04-23-2020, 12:49 PM
Anyone who dies who has the disease is counted whether or not the disease caused the deaths. This is why you have to factor in all the variables when making an assessment, but mostly these other cases are statistical noise and won't affect the overall message.
i doubt people with covid who died in an automobile accident are counted, but i cant really confirm or deny

spurraider21
04-23-2020, 12:50 PM
Speaking of Pocohantas and her brother....

Seems to me that if we're going to be considering future shutdowns, etc., we should have common sense calculus.
so he caught covid and died as a result? yes he should be counted.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 12:51 PM
so he caught covid and died fas a result? yes he should be counted.

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not betting on 87-year-olds hospitalized with pneumonia in the first place.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 12:51 PM
i doubt people with covid who died in an automobile accident are counted, but i cant really confirm or deny

Are you saying they should be?

:lol Good job, Philo

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 12:52 PM
Maybe. Maybe not.Doctor Dunnomaybedavdiderp

spurraider21
04-23-2020, 12:55 PM
Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not betting on 87-year-olds hospitalized with pneumonia in the first place.
they said he was recovering from pneumonia

spurraider21
04-23-2020, 12:55 PM
Are you saying they should be?

:lol Good job, Philo
no, i dont think they should

:lol detective derp

apalisoc_9
04-23-2020, 01:10 PM
Because COVID caused the death of said 87 year old not his age or the hospital.

Clowns like OP exist in the medical field in the US who politicize these numbers. Very worrisome for people who create and develop models to create informed exist strategies.

Basically OP is contributing in the deaths of americans...

Just disgusting.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 01:15 PM
Because COVID caused the death of said 87 year old not his age or the hospital.

Clowns like OP exist in the medical field in the US who politicize these numbers. Very worrisome for people who create and develop models to create informed exist strategies.

Basically OP is contributing in the deaths of americans...

Just disgusting.He doesn't want old people in nursing homes to count; wants them to be quickly forgotten.

DMC
04-23-2020, 01:24 PM

At an April 7 news conference, Deborah Birx, MD, the response coordinator for the White House coronavirus task force, said, "There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem -- some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death. Right now ... if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death."

spurraider21
04-23-2020, 01:29 PM
At an April 7 news conference, Deborah Birx, MD, the response coordinator for the White House coronavirus task force, said, "There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem -- some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death. Right now ... if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that as a COVID-19 death."
i dont mind what she mentioned, much like how people dont usually die of AIDS itself, but infections that become more dangerous when you have it.

i dont know that what she said applies to people who died in car accidents or gunshots, etc. you can take it at its most literal if you want to be obtuse, but the context doesnt imply it at all

DMC
04-23-2020, 01:32 PM
i dont mind what she mentioned, much like how people dont usually die of AIDS itself, but infections that become more dangerous when you have it.

i dont know that what she said applies to people who died in car accidents or gunshots, etc. you can take it at its most literal if you want to be obtuse, but the context doesnt imply it at all

If you're saying they were diagnosed with the virus already, you'd need to explain how they died. Since active cases are closed by recovery or death, it seems regardless how you died, if you didn't recover you must have died if the case is closed.

The subject in the OP didn't die in a car accident or by gunshot. He also didn't die in an escalator accident.

SnakeBoy
04-23-2020, 02:35 PM
All we can be sure of is that he had a long life, was a sexist, and died of natural causes

pgardn
04-23-2020, 03:16 PM
Yes.

All the 87 yos with Covid and Pneumonia are going to reek havoc with already hard to count numbers.
big problem...

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 03:18 PM
they said he was recovering from pneumonia

Obviously not.

spurraider21
04-23-2020, 03:23 PM
Obviously not.
how so? he caught covid. that would worsen your condition.

if i was recovering from pneumonia and then died in a car crash, that doesnt mean i was recovering pneumonia :lol

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 03:24 PM
how so? he caught covid. that would worsen your condition.

if i was recovering from pneumonia and then died in a car crash, that doesnt mean i was recovering pneumonia :lol

People with pneumonia catch all kinds of things. It's a death knell for people in their 80's.

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2020, 04:06 PM
Montana physician Dr. Annie Bukacek discusses how COVID 19 death certificates are being manipulated

https://youtu.be/_5wn1qs_bBk

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2020, 04:12 PM
My letter of resignation to Stewart Rhodes, Founder and President of Oath Keepers.

On April 3, I tendered my resignation as National Chaplain of Oath Keepers, a position I had held since 2013. It was written not out of pleasure but out of conviction. Here is the letter:

Dear Stewart,

Having read your open letter to State governors regarding the coronavirus, I have no choice but to resign my position as National Chaplain of Oath Keepers.

The stated purpose of Oath Keepers is to hold accountable those who took an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution—and that includes YOU.

Virtually every recommendation you made in your letter is an egregious violation of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. No war, no “emergency,” no sickness, no disease, no man-made or natural attack against us has any bearing against the constitutional protections of our liberties.

By resorting to gross fearmongering and hyperbole, you have joined the mainstream media and Big Government medical hacks in attacking virtually every constitutionally protected liberty upon which our country was founded. The “science” surrounding COVID-19 is mostly guesswork, estimation, projection, speculation, etc., with almost zero accuracy. And even if it wasn’t, it wouldn’t change the Constitution and Bill of Rights one iota.

I cannot see into your heart to know your motives. Do the feds have something on you and you are playing ball to stay out of trouble? Have you always been controlled opposition? Or do you really support the totalitarian nature of the “solutions” you are proposing? Only you know the answers to those questions.

The one thing I do know is that I can no longer in good conscience be formally associated with Oath Keepers.

This resignation is effective immediately.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200423195736/https://m.facebook.com/ChuckBaldwinMT/posts/3182658428411726?__tn__=-R

DMC
04-23-2020, 04:21 PM
Montana physician Dr. Annie Bukacek discusses how COVID 19 death certificates are being manipulated

https://youtu.be/_5wn1qs_bBk

I stopped listening when she said "amen?".

What she's saying amounts to common practice and we don't question it for the flu.

rascal
04-23-2020, 10:01 PM
There are also many people dying of Covid-19 who are not being counted as they die at home and never get tested.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 10:10 PM
There are also many people dying of Covid-19...die at home

:lol No.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 10:18 PM
:lol No.No person has ever died of COVID-19 at home?

Is this your claim?

pgardn
04-23-2020, 10:31 PM

Yes.

fckn idiot.

We don’t know exactly how many but it’s clear people have avoided hospitals and died in their home complications due to this infection. But if you are so concerned with overcounts and you dismiss this, you don’t want the truth.

But we already knew this 9-11 Incel boy.

Xevious
04-23-2020, 10:32 PM
I can name one person who was the spouse of a covid + patient recovering in a hospital here that died at home alone.

Sample size of one, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility that it has happened many other times.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 11:40 PM
Yes.

fckn idiot.

We don’t know exactly how many but it’s clear people have avoided hospitals and died in their home complications due to this infection. But if you are so concerned with overcounts and you dismiss this, you don’t want the truth.

But we already knew this 9-11 Incel boy.

People dying with a disease that shuts down the lungs go to the hospital. The only exceptions are people alone and destitute and possibly ready for it to be over. Sorry, Cuck Garden.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 11:41 PM
I can name one person who was the spouse of a covid + patient recovering in a hospital here that died at home alone.

Sample size of one, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility that it has happened many other times.

Was the person in the hospital or at home alone? Make up your mind.

ElNono
04-23-2020, 11:42 PM

The first two recorded cases of Covid in the US, in Santa Ana, CA, died at home

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 11:43 PM
People dying with a disease that shuts down the lungs go to the hospital. The only exceptions are people alone and destitute and possibly ready for it to be over. Sorry, Cuck Garden.:lol you think you can make rules for every person with a respiratory disease in the US.

ChumpDumper
04-23-2020, 11:43 PM
The first two recorded cases of Covid in the US, in Santa Ana, CA, died at homeConspiracy talk incoming.

I can't say theory, because he has none.

ElNono
04-23-2020, 11:45 PM
Sorry, it was Santa Clara, CA...

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/3081330/coronavirus-covid-19-us-earlier-first-thought-and

DMC
04-24-2020, 12:41 AM
There are also many people dying of Covid-19 who are not being counted as they die at home and never get tested.

Maybe right but it's unknowable.

DMC
04-24-2020, 12:42 AM

Spouse of a covid positive patient who was recovering in a hospital.. One was in a hospital, one was at home.

Xevious
04-24-2020, 01:35 AM
Maybe I wasn't clear. Husband was in the hospital with covid, wife was home alone and died. She was quarantined, wasn't feeling well, and stopped picking up the phone. Police were called to the house and found her.

Spurtacular
04-24-2020, 10:40 AM
Maybe I wasn't clear. Husband was in the hospital with covid, wife was home alone and died. She was quarantined, wasn't feeling well, and stopped picking up the phone. Police were called to the house and found her.

When did this occur?

Xevious
04-24-2020, 12:47 PM
When did this occur?
Several weeks ago.