PDA

View Full Version : Anitbody testing reveals New York City has an estimated 21% SARSCov2 infection rate

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 01:22 PM
Not even close to the bare minimum estimate of 40% total infection rate needed to curb the transmission of SARSCov2. And yet we should reopen without sufficient testing nor contact tracing when everyone else's total rate of people with antibodies is almost certainly way lower than the biggest hotspot in the nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNTvrLM4OmU

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 01:23 PM
Building that immunity. How life works.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 01:26 PM
It's really disappointing news. I was hoping New York City would have at least a 45% rate of people with the antibodies after the absolute hell they have been put through for a month now.

DMC
04-23-2020, 01:27 PM

I propose the feds offer individuals the choice to be infected and quarantine themselves. That way people who want herd immunity can be at the tip of the spear.

vy65
04-23-2020, 02:28 PM
It's really disappointing news. I was hoping New York City would have at least a 45% rate of people with the antibodies after the absolute hell they have been put through for a month now.

You gotta parse the data:

New York City had a higher rate of antibodies (21.2 percent) than anywhere else in the state and accounted for 43 percent of the total tested. Long Island had a 16.7 percent positivity rate, while Westchester and Rockland counties saw 11.7 percent of their samples come up with the antibody. The rest of the state, which accounted for about a third of those studied, had a 3.6 percent positivity rate. There were early variations by race/ethnicity and age as well.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/new-york-virus-deaths-top-15k-cuomo-expected-to-detail-plan-to-fight-nursing-home-outbreaks/2386556/

I also would have liked to see a higher percentage, but this is still great news. Any portion of the population that has already had and gotten over the virus is going to be better than the alternative.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 02:28 PM

Ask Reck how many people she knows who have died from it, drama queen.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 02:37 PM
You gotta parse the data:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/new-york-virus-deaths-top-15k-cuomo-expected-to-detail-plan-to-fight-nursing-home-outbreaks/2386556/

I also would have liked to see a higher percentage, but this is still great news. Any portion of the population that has already had and gotten over the virus is going to be better than the alternative.

It's on the low end of what I was expecting those antibody tests to show given the devastation New York City has seen though. Only 5x the rate Los Angeles county's antibody testing has shown despite 20x more deaths.

boutons_deux
04-23-2020, 02:40 PM
Any portion of the population that has already had and gotten over the virus is going to be better than the alternative.

I haven't seen any study demonstrating the C19 antibodies provide immunity.

If they provide immunity, then for how long?

Chinese say Gilead's C19 treatment drug doesn't work.

Chinese are certainly working on their own treatment drugs, and vaccines

vy65
04-23-2020, 02:42 PM

Right, because the Chinese have demonstrated such a knack for truthfulness in this whole debacle ... What does remdesivir have to do with total/partial immunity anyway?

pgardn
04-23-2020, 02:45 PM

Says the guy who does not vaccinate.

SnakeBoy
04-23-2020, 02:46 PM
It's on the low end of what I was expecting those antibody tests to show given the devastation New York City has seen though. Only 5x the rate Los Angeles county's antibody testing has shown despite 20x more deaths.

Yeah it's pretty shocking how weak New Yorkers are. Probably all the cured meats they eat.

baseline bum
04-23-2020, 02:47 PM
Yeah it's pretty shocking how weak New Yorkers are. Probably all the cured meats they eat.

TGY coming in to say its the jooooz

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 02:52 PM
Says the guy who does not vaccinate.

Oh, the humanity!

pgardn
04-23-2020, 02:54 PM
Oh, the humanity!

Dont give us your shit about caring if people die.
In wars or anything...
Sissy boy hypocrite afraid of a shot.

Spurtacular
04-23-2020, 02:56 PM
Dont give us your shit about caring if people die.
In wars or anything...
Sissy boy hypocrite afraid of a shot.

CryingMJ.jpeg

vy65
04-23-2020, 03:11 PM
Makes sense that spurtacular would want to avoid adding vaccine-induced autism to the robust case of natural autism he already has ...

DMC
04-23-2020, 03:38 PM

Goddamn you have your priorities all mixed up. If you were in South Korea you'd be imprisoned.