PDA

View Full Version : Former Nevada attorney general says MI Gov. Whitmer may have broken the law: 'She could be in big trouble

ducks
04-24-2020, 11:23 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/media/former-nevada-attorney-general-says-gov-whitmer-broke-the-law

ChumpDumper
04-24-2020, 11:27 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/media/former-nevada-attorney-general-says-gov-whitmer-broke-the-lawProbably not tho.

Spurtacular
04-25-2020, 03:21 AM
Probably not tho.

They never are.

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 09:06 AM
Always legit to challenge a lack of transparency and no bid contracts. Red team pearl-clutching is amusing, the blindfold always seems to be on when Trump does the very same.

Hell, where's the public record of Kushner's COVID-19 taskforce or oversight for CARES Act programs?

Spurtacular
04-25-2020, 01:09 PM
Always legit to challenge a lack of transparency and no bid contracts. Red team pearl-clutching is amusing, the blindfold always seems to be on when Trump does the very same.

Hell, where's the public record of Kushner's COVID-19 taskforce or oversight for CARES Act programs?

Whataboutism.

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 01:14 PM
Whataboutism.
One to one comparisons aren't whataboutism.

You should read my reply more carefully, I didn't dismiss or try to distract. I started by saying it's always legit to challenge no-bid public contracts and lack of transparency. Apparently you think it's a one-way street.

Spurtacular
04-25-2020, 01:15 PM

:lmao

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 01:20 PM
:lmaoYour principles stop at the partisan hedgerow; I agreed it's legit to challenge Whitmer for deals to political cronies and lack of transparency.

Spurtacular
04-25-2020, 01:35 PM
Your principles stop at the partisan hedgerow; I agreed it's legit to challenge Whitmer for deals to political cronies and lack of transparency.

:cry I agree, but what about :cry

:lol Blakehole

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 01:40 PM
:cry I agree, but what about :cry

:lol BlakeholeThere's a logical distinction between "no, but" and "yes, and" you seem to be unwilling to acknowledge.

No skin off me, everyone can see what you're doing.

Spurtacular
04-25-2020, 01:45 PM
There's a logical distinction between "no, but" and "yes, and" you seem to be unwilling to acknowledge.

No skin off me, everyone can see what you're doing.

:cry I took the high road whataboutism :cry

:lol Blakehole

SnakeBoy
04-25-2020, 01:49 PM
but Repugs

ChumpDumper
04-25-2020, 01:50 PM
He said also Republicans. Don't be so defensive.

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 01:54 PM
but RepugsEveryone who hides the ball or awards no bid contracts should be called out, yes or no?

SnakeBoy
04-25-2020, 02:01 PM
Everyone who hides the ball or awards no bid contracts should be called out, yes or no?

Yes with the caveat that if it's a Democrat we should casually brush it aside and say but Repugs amirite?

ChumpDumper
04-25-2020, 02:16 PM
Yes with the caveat that if it's a Democrat we should casually brush it aside and say but Repugs amirite?When did he actually do that here? You're so quick to defend Republicans you didn't even read what he wrote.

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 02:33 PM
Yes with the caveat that if it's a Democrat we should casually brush it aside and say but Repugs amirite?I started by agreeing it's legit to criticize and press Gov. Whitmer for disclosure about the no-bid contracts. If she's hiding the ball it's legit to call her out for that too.

It's in the first sentence of my first reply to this thread in case you're wondering where I said it.

ElNono
04-25-2020, 05:00 PM
Should be investigated, tbh...

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 05:03 PM
Should be investigated, tbh...Let the chips fall.

The way they dropped it like a hot potato once it became known isn't a good look.

ElNono
04-25-2020, 05:06 PM
Let the chips fall.

The way they dropped it like a hot potato once it became known isn't a good look.

Governors do have broad authority during emergencies... but that doesn't mean situations like that shouldn't be investigated post-facto...

DMC
04-25-2020, 05:08 PM

You should read my reply more carefully, I didn't dismiss or try to distract. I started by saying it's always legit to challenge no-bid public contracts and lack of transparency. Apparently you think it's a one-way street.

:lol

whataboutism[ hwuht-uh-bou-tiz-uhm, wuht‐, hwot‐, wot‐ ]SHOW IPA
noun
a conversational tactic in which a person responds to an argument or attack by changing the subject to focus on someone else’s misconduct, implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely blameless:

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 05:16 PM
:lol

whataboutism[ hwuht-uh-bou-tiz-uhm, wuht‐, hwot‐, wot‐ ]SHOW IPA
noun
a conversational tactic in which a person responds to an argument or attack by changing the subject to focus on someone else’s misconduct, implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely blameless:

I never implied anyone was blameless, indeed, I emphasized that I think the criticism in the OP is fitting. I guess there's not a name for whataboutism that isn't a deflection.

ChumpDumper
04-25-2020, 05:21 PM
I never implied anyone was blameless, indeed, I emphasized that I think the criticism in the OP is fitting. I guess there's not a name for whataboutism that isn't a deflection.#themtoo

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 05:25 PM
#themtooIt's a version of tu quoque, but in essence I agree with Spurtacular that it looks fishy and with El Nono that an investigation wouldn't be out of place.

What's weird is that red team won't accept that I agree with them on this.

Spurs Homer
04-25-2020, 05:31 PM
Fuck it

her smartest response would be: When the president releases his taxes and complies with legit oversight -

I will too.

Yup - whataboutism -

no different than what the right defends when the criminal in chief does it

boutons_deux
04-26-2020, 05:23 PM
Whitmer has SAVED LIVES, so fuck the law (just following Trash's example),

and C19 admissions have dropped enough that the health care is less stressed and can provide better care.

Laxative is a failed Repug so of course he would cross state lines to slander a successful Dem governor.