PDA

View Full Version : CO2 shortage?

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2020, 06:21 PM
It's interesting how interconnected our world is and how one domino triggers the next which triggers the next. With the oil glut and corona happening simultaneously a bunch of ethanol plants have shut down...and CO2 is a significant ethanol byproduct. CO2 is widely used in water treatment plants, food and drink production (including beer) and the shortage is dramatic...like 1/3 normal production.

ChumpDumper
04-25-2020, 06:32 PM
Seems like there's still demand. Might have to dust off the ol' DPA.

TheGreatYacht
04-25-2020, 06:39 PM
CO2 Shortage Threatens Food/Water - National Guard Deploys to Meat Plants - Summer Outlook

https://youtu.be/s4CwcUJ1CEU

slick'81
04-25-2020, 06:41 PM
CO2 Shortage Threatens Food/Water - National Guard Deploys to Meat Plants - Summer Outlook

Were all going to either starve to death or die from illness

pgardn
04-25-2020, 06:49 PM
Man I gotta have CO2 dissolved in my drinks.
Im hooked on fizzy water.

DarrinS
04-25-2020, 06:50 PM
Fuck. Not my beer!

slick'81
04-25-2020, 06:51 PM
Fuck. Not my beer!

Yup were fucked

pgardn
04-25-2020, 06:51 PM
A biproduct of a cold front and less San Antonio traffic.

I saw the Hill Country from NW San Antonio on I-10!

hater
04-25-2020, 06:53 PM
Fuck. Not my beer!

theres plenty of beer right now to buy a couple years supply nig

I always buy it everytime im out and have about 6 month supply

thats like 3 beers a day for me I cant drink more than that of beer

hater
04-25-2020, 06:54 PM
It's interesting how interconnected our world is and how one domino triggers the next which triggers the next. With the oil glut and corona happening simultaneously a bunch of ethanol plants have shut down...and CO2 is a significant ethanol byproduct. CO2 is widely used in water treatment plants, food and drink production (including beer) and the shortage is dramatic...like 1/3 normal production.

yeah the domino effect is real and nobody talks about it in politics or media

probably defense, pentagon, army does talk about it but doesnt get farther than that

shits getting real

pgardn
04-25-2020, 06:55 PM
Fuck. Not my beer!

"Do you drink beer Senator? I drink beer."

DarrinS
04-25-2020, 06:57 PM

Dude, I'm killing a 15 pack daily.

Especially after reading your posts. :lol

DarrinS
04-25-2020, 06:57 PM
"Do you drink beer Senator? I drink beer."

:lol

hater
04-25-2020, 06:58 PM

damn thats not healthy lol

I work out everyday and cant take more than 3 beers

I do smoke weed and drink liquor tho :lol

and wine which gives me a damn headache but still love it

still beer is essential imo

DarrinS
04-25-2020, 06:59 PM
Isn't this the left's dream scenario? Low CO2, everyone living off govt checks, and drumpf's poll numbers falling?

DarrinS
04-25-2020, 07:01 PM
damn thats not healthy lol

I work out everyday and cant take more than 3 beers

I do smoke weed and drink liquor tho :lol

still beer is essential imo

You'd think I'd have a massive beer belly, but I'm only 150 lbs.

pgardn
04-25-2020, 07:05 PM
I can't drink 3 beers or sodas without feeling horribly bloated.

#lightweight

DarrinS
04-25-2020, 07:09 PM
I can't drink 3 beers or sodas without feeling horribly bloated.

#lightweight

I'm not shotgunning them or using a beer bong. :lol

Spurtacular
04-25-2020, 07:14 PM

Keeping Chumpettes "safe". Extreme sacrifices needed.

TheGreatYacht
04-25-2020, 07:39 PM
Keeping Chumpettes "safe". Extreme sacrifices needed.

Cow farts are dangerous according to Chumpettes

TheGreatYacht
04-25-2020, 07:43 PM
Isn't this the left's dream scenario? Low CO2, everyone living off govt checks, and drumpf's poll numbers falling?

This is Chumpettes dream come true

slick'81
04-25-2020, 07:53 PM

Thank trump?

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 08:03 PM
Isn't this the left's dream scenario? Low CO2, everyone living off govt checks, and drumpf's poll numbers falling?Pestilence, depression and social collapse aren't anybody's utopia that I'm aware of.

Can you point to someone -- anyone -- who's loving it?

baseline bum
04-25-2020, 08:04 PM

hater's posts make me want to drink bleach more tbh

ChumpDumper
04-25-2020, 08:05 PM
Isn't this the left's dream scenario? Low CO2, everyone living off govt checks, and drumpf's poll numbers falling?We've been saying a Trump presidency would be a nightmare for four years.

ChumpDumper
04-25-2020, 08:06 PM
hater's posts make me want to drink bleach more tbhHonestly had one beer since this started that had been in the fridge for months.

hater
04-25-2020, 08:08 PM

why??? thats fucked up

tbqh

baseline bum
04-25-2020, 08:09 PM
why??? thats fucked up

tbqh

After WWIII-VI I don't think I can make through another WWVII.

hater
04-25-2020, 08:10 PM
tbqh I used to drink only 2 days a week but w this quarantines that shit ballooned to 4 days a week :lol

headaches are fucked up

thank god for ganja and apparently smokers actually do better vs corona believe it or not

just read about a study so im gonna ho ahead and believe weed is even better than tobbaco vs it

Spurtacular
04-25-2020, 08:11 PM
Cow farts are dangerous according to Chumpettes

This was true before the plandemic.

hater
04-25-2020, 08:12 PM
After WWIII-VI I don't think I can make through another WWVII.

I guess I watched too many disaster movies and got somehow immune to the thought tbqh

plus I always said humans are parasites to mother nature and the eventually she will rid of us for her own good

I believe mother nature is more valuable than us in parasites tbqh

sadly as it is

DarrinS
04-25-2020, 08:13 PM

I give him credit for making me take this seriously tho.

Seems like ages ago when we were watching strange videos out of China and thinking it was just a problem "over there".

Fuck. I wish it stayed over there. Now, it's just another pathogen in our world we have to live with.

hater
04-25-2020, 08:15 PM
I give him credit for making me take this seriously tho.

Seems like ages ago when we were watching strange videos out of China and thinking it was just a problem "over there".

Fuck. I wish it stayed over there. Now, it's just another pathogen in our world we have to live with.

yup I knew this shit was coming here 100%

I even have that thread where I dreamt about it like 10 years ago :wow

crazy shit

btw I also dreams somehow Russia conquered us with some kind of alien technology so hopefully that doesnt happen :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-25-2020, 08:19 PM

crazy shit

btw I also dreams somehow Russia conquered us with some kind of alien technology so hopefully that doesnt happen :lol

Watch the movie "Contagion." Event 201. That's why this whole thing is a plandemic.

hater
04-25-2020, 08:21 PM
Watch the movie "Contagion." Event 201. That's why this whole thing is a plandemic.

yup

love that movie. I actually had my whole family watch it around January 15 2020 and told them this is happening

called it tbqh

DMC
04-25-2020, 08:23 PM
Fuck. Not my beer!

Drink Guinness, it's capped on N2.

baseline bum
04-25-2020, 08:27 PM

crazy shit

Looking back at the early posts in that thread and I see nurses in full hazmat suits in Wuhan. Meanwhile in New York they get fucking garbage bags and Yankees ponchos.

Winehole23
04-25-2020, 08:29 PM
Looking back at the early posts in that thread and I see nurses in full hazmat suits in Wuhan. Meanwhile in New York they get fucking garbage bags and Yankees ponchos.They struggled with PPE for a spell, but yeah, that shit looks tight.

hater
04-25-2020, 08:30 PM
Looking back at the early posts in that thread and I see nurses in full hazmat suits in Wuhan. Meanwhile in New York they get fucking garbage bags and Yankees ponchos.

yup I was actually walking in Chinatown NYC when I first heard about the virus

I remember immediately I got paranoid when I was buying shit from shinese ppl in Canal St :lol

that was like on Jan 11

When I read about mutations being possible I fuckkng knew this shit was d big one

hater
04-25-2020, 08:31 PM
also when I saw d interviw with mu hero Sen Kennedy (yes he is a repug but he is so lovable) and some idiot Trump appointed official in charge of pandemics

the fucking moron didnt know what to say to Sen Kennedy

thats when I knew we were completely fucked

DarrinS
04-25-2020, 08:33 PM

They knew exactly what they were dealing with. Because it leaked out of their shitty lab.

The video that really freaked me out were those huge trucks fumigating the streets.

DarrinS
04-25-2020, 08:34 PM

I definitely can't drink many of those. :lol

slick'81
04-25-2020, 08:35 PM
They knew exactly what they were dealing with. Because it leaked out of their shitty lab.

The video that really freaked me out were those huge trucks fumigating the streets.

Shit is a fucking killer D

baseline bum
04-25-2020, 08:37 PM

Extra Stout or bust

DMC
04-25-2020, 11:13 PM
I definitely can't drink many of those. :lol

You don't need many :lol

DMC
04-25-2020, 11:13 PM
Extra Stout or bust

:tu

hombre
04-26-2020, 12:33 AM

Try Italian reds, some will but most don't. Unless it's a sulfate thing, you can find wines without if so.

boutons_deux
04-26-2020, 06:39 AM
Try Italian reds, some will but most don't. Unless it's a sulfate thing, you can find wines without if so.

the natural wine segment is big now

pgardn
04-26-2020, 07:49 AM

They have been raising animals using people in close proximity to each other on a massive scale for many years.
This is the most likely root of the problem if this is what you mean by lab...

Winehole23
04-26-2020, 08:34 AM
They have been raising animals using people in close proximity to each other on a massive scale for many years.
This is the most likely root of the problem if this is what you mean by lab...DarrinS seems to have latched onto the unproven hypothesis that COVID-19 was developed in a biochemical research lab and was (intentionally or inadvertently) released there.

Many similar viruses are found in wild bats, and it seems likely that is the origin of this one, probably via an intermediate host. Similarly, we know that both SARS and MERS came from bats, so there is no reason to invoke a laboratory accident.

Researchers led by Shan-Lu Liu at the Ohio State University say there is “no credible evidence” of genetic engineering (Emerging Microbes & Infections, doi.org/dpvw (https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/22221751.2020.1733440)). The virus’s genome has been sequenced, and if it had been altered, we would expect to see signs of inserted gene sequences. But we now know the points that differ from bat viruses are scattered in a fairly random way, just as they would be if the new virus had evolved naturally. https://www.newscientist.com/term/coronavirus-come-lab/#ixzz6Kj2DxNuq

This Deutche Welle article, though agreeing that no evidence as yet points to origination on a lab, points out there is nothing that definitively excludes it:

https://www.dw.com/en/did-coronavirus-really-originate-in-a-chinese-laboratory/a-53171292

Seems to be popular with Republicans *for some reason*:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/04/22/the-theory-that-covid-19-originated-in-a-wuhan-lab-creeps-into-the-gop-mainstream/

Th'Pusher
04-26-2020, 08:40 AM

Six month supply is pretty stupid considering beer has ~90 day shelf life.

slick'81
04-26-2020, 08:44 AM
Not to menton most of the texas hotspots are surrounding meat plants

hater
04-26-2020, 08:45 AM
Six month supply is pretty stupid considering beer has ~90 day shelf life.

it does? i guess better start drinking faster :lol