PDA

View Full Version : High school team gets beat 112-2

toosmallshoes
11-06-2005, 06:03 AM
EARLSBORO, Okla. - The Hanna High School basketball team can take some consolation: It didn't get shut out.
ADVERTISEMENT

It did, however, lose 112-2 on Friday night to Earlsboro.

"It was embarrassing to watch," Earlsboro coach Jim Walling told The Oklahoman. "But you can't just tell your kids not to score. I've been coaching 27 years and have never been involved in something like this."

The Wildcats led 42-0 after one quarter and 73-2 at halftime. Walling pulled his starters in the second half, and game officials kept a running clock, stopping it only for free throws.

Each player on Earlsboro's 10-man boys' roster scored. Seven players finished in double figures.

Dan Rather
11-09-2005, 02:43 AM
Is this a true story? I see so many fake ones on the www, I wonder why the coach let it go on? I heard if a team is losing by 70 points the refs call a forefit, is that true?

toosmallshoes
12-03-2005, 11:43 PM
It was on the front page of Yahoo.com so I'm guessing it's true. I feel terrible for the team that got beat.

ALVAREZ6
12-04-2005, 08:15 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

wow.

2 points??? even when they pull their starters???

1Parker1
12-04-2005, 11:28 AM
DaMN! :lol :lol

That's a shame.

Duncan21
12-04-2005, 01:13 PM
:lmao

Brutalis
12-04-2005, 07:10 PM
That's ignorant.

If they do that in Arkansas someone ends up getting sued. Very unsportsman like.

hussker
12-04-2005, 08:01 PM
1) Give me the link to the losing team's home newspaper
2) How pathetic is that...even Mack Brown laid down after 70 in 2.5 qtrs in FOOTBALL

AlamoSpursFan
12-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Is this a true story? I see so many fake ones on the www

And nobody knows fake stories like Dan Rather!

:lmao

hussker
12-04-2005, 08:08 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! (BTW, this is a true story)

yeahone
12-04-2005, 08:18 PM
lol

BillsCarnage
12-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Stooopid move by the refs for not calling the game. The kids have to play and the coaches have to put players on the floor for the game so it's hard to fault them. But the refs are pretty sad for not calling the game sooner.

SlovenianGuy
12-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Hats off to Hanna

High school can be rough on kids. But if the saying “what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger” is true, Hanna High basketball players may turn out to be the toughest bunch around.

Earlsboro High School in Earlsboro, Oaklahoma, beat Hanna High School in basketball by a score of 112-2. The only good thing for Hanna was that it wasn’t a shut out.
There’s another good thing from this game for Hanna; they shouldn’t have a problem with this request:

Hanna High School needs 2 basketball games to complete the 2005-06 schedule. Contact: Mike Parsons

But seriously, you got to hand it to the three dozen kids that make up the entire Hanna high school student body. They are no strangers to adversity. Just look at their gym.

http://okiedoke.com/pics/hannagym.jpg

Built about 1946, after World War II, it is constructed entirely of wood.
-
“We have everything in this building and not just ballgames,” says basketball coach Gary Anderson (in above photo outside gym). “Programs, pie suppers, school reunions and even funerals.” It is truly a centerpiece for the community.
-
With a playing surface that measures just 36 x 72 feet, it meets all criteria of a small gym. It is a bona-fide charter member of the “undersized court club,” with a low ceiling and virtually no out of bounds space.
-
The narrow width of the court will not allow a full three-point arc line, so it makes a near 90-degree turn along the side boundary line.

“If you have big feet you can’t shoot a 3-pointer,” Anderson quips. Long-range shots are a rarity here because of the low ceiling, which prohibits high-arching attempts.

And I thought Little Axe was hurtin’.

If only I could designate my state lottery donations to a specific district. It would be nice if Hanna got another gym before some other school got a swimming pool or a golf course.

link (http://okiedoke.com/blog/index.php?p=1122)