PDA

View Full Version : MGM Resorts looking to host fanless NBA games in Las Vegas

ducks
05-02-2020, 10:39 PM
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/mgm-resorts-looking-to-host-fanless-nba-games-in-las-vegas-2020052/?fbclid=IwAR2d7LPm94wL9OlsAyDNmxnqGC6eDhcUBdIghNWm Itta73-GRvJycj5E2NY

baseline bum
05-02-2020, 11:47 PM
“We have been approached by multiple properties regarding potential options for hosting NBA games, including MGM,” NBA spokesman Mike Bass said Saturday. ”We have not engaged in any substantive discussions.”

ChumpDumper
05-03-2020, 12:02 AM
Could work as a bubble but seems too easy to break quarantine.

BackHome
05-03-2020, 02:31 AM
Yeah you know those players and friends are not going to want to party in Vegas the idea of playing there is just plain stupid.

dbestpro
05-07-2020, 08:10 AM
They should do the games in LA and that way the players can get up close and personal with the homeless people being forced into the 5 star hotels.

Prime BEEF
05-07-2020, 08:37 AM
Yeah you know those players and friends are not going to want to party in Vegas the idea of playing there is just plain stupid.
True. If you must play the games, then go to an isolated resort where it’s easier to maintain entry/exit control.

exstatic
05-07-2020, 10:04 AM
True. If you must play the games, then go to an isolated resort where it’s easier to maintain entry/exit control.

You can't have entry/exit. That's why they're calling it a bubble. I would suppose that people could leave (but not return), but NO ONE enters after the bubble is enacted.

Dex
05-07-2020, 10:52 AM
You can't have entry/exit. That's why they're calling it a bubble. I would suppose that people could leave (but not return), but NO ONE enters after the bubble is enacted.

I know owners and players want to play...but do people think they are going to be willing to isolate themselves completely away from society for weeks or even months to do it?

Never gonna happen. Just cancel this season and focus on trying to salvage what you can of the next.

Trainwreck2100
05-07-2020, 10:54 AM
I know owners and players want to play...but do people think they are going to be willing to isolate themselves completely away from society for weeks or even months to do it?

Never gonna happen. Just cancel this season and focus on trying to salvage what you can of the next.

you can keep the players in, but you can't keep the bitches out.

Dex
05-07-2020, 11:28 AM
you can keep the players in, but you can't keep the bitches out.

:lol I'm pretty sure this would be one of the stipulations of the contract.

exstatic
05-07-2020, 11:40 AM

That's why I've thought for at least a month that the season would be cancelled. Many players balance the road and the hos with the home stands and family. It's the reason that many NBA marriages fail upon retirement.

They don't want to be without either, and both can't be inside the bubble.

gambit1990
05-07-2020, 02:34 PM

:lmao what?

they’re already intending to isolate from society :lol

if the season resumes then they’d actually be playing / get paid and be able to hangout without each other.

Dex
05-07-2020, 03:34 PM
:lmao what?

they’re already intending to isolate from society :lol

if the season resumes then they’d actually be playing / get paid and be able to hangout without each other.

They are "isolating from society" in their own homes and with their families...and/or friends if they are still choosing to socialize like many people are.

This whole bubble idea basically entails them checking into a resort and not being able to leave until the season/playoffs are over.

Unless the resort is full of hookers and blow, I don't see the entire NBA deciding to sign up.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2020, 03:59 PM
They are "isolating from society" in their own homes and with their families...and/or friends if they are still choosing to socialize like many people are.

This whole bubble idea basically entails them checking into a resort and not being able to leave until the season/playoffs are over.

Unless the resort is full of hookers and blow, I don't see the entire NBA deciding to sign up.That's why I favor a tournament. Only keep the players, et.al., with a reason to be there. Actually makes things safer and easier to manage as time goes on.

Prime BEEF
05-07-2020, 04:04 PM
That's why I favor a tournament. Only keep the players, et.al., with a reason to be there. Actually makes things safer and easier to manage as time goes on.
Yes, don’t finish the season. Just do the playoffs and make all of the rounds 5 game series.

gambit1990
05-07-2020, 06:42 PM
Yes, don’t finish the season. Just do the playoffs and make all of the rounds 5 game series.
i'm sure they could use some warm up games though. maybe five regular season games?

gambit1990
05-07-2020, 06:49 PM
i was some fücking closure tbh :lol

i guess no one else here does because the spurs weren't going anywhere?

this is like being nba blue balled. if the season gets cancelled then we have to go through another 82 games before some POs? ugh.

exstatic
05-08-2020, 07:26 AM

this is like being nba blue balled. if the season gets cancelled then we have to go through another 82 games before some POs? ugh.

Here's what I want: another year elapsed in the careers of LeBron and Mute Cancer without a ring, and no ring for chaser Marcus Morris.

Fuck those clowns.

Dex
05-08-2020, 09:23 AM

Let's put it this way....if this creates some sort of loophole where the Spurs playoff streak stays intact, I'm not gonna be complaining about it.

baseline bum
05-08-2020, 11:42 AM

No, no one else does because 77,000 are dead right now and we'll probably be around 500,000 by the time all this shit is over. Our economy is in the shitter and people are wondering how they'll survive the year, not whether LeBron can get a fourth ring.

And even if people cared, there is no reasonable way to play the season short of making a bubble with players, families, hookers, refs, announcers, hotel staff, arena staff that no one can enter and no one can leave until say their team gets eliminated from the playoffs. Otherwise the second a player tests positive his entire team is quarantined, every team they played the last two weeks is quarantined, every ref to work a game is quarantined, and so on. One positive test probably quarantines 1/3 to 1/2 of the league with the accelerated schedule they'd be doing if they play any regular season games.