PDA

View Full Version : Actual footage of Duncan disrespecting Jordan

daslicer
05-04-2020, 04:14 PM
Go to 7:16 and you will see a young Tim actually saying he does not like Michael Jordan.

XMm2KO46HfU

gambit1990
05-04-2020, 04:38 PM
looking forward to seeing footage of TD saying that about kobe tbh.

and then all the morons on twitter will say TD was never really that good :lol

Dex
05-04-2020, 05:23 PM
lol that is the most Timmy quote ever....

"Never really had a liking for him"

exstatic
05-04-2020, 06:37 PM
:lol Most of his own teammates didn’t like Jordan. Kerr had a fistfight with him in practice.

Russo21
05-04-2020, 11:20 PM
Fair enough quote. MJ was a great baller but as far as a being a likable person, he is not. He's an egotistical maniac tbh with many many faults just like most humans

Play Boban
05-04-2020, 11:24 PM
Jim better be glad MJ retired or no 99 title tbqh. Maybe Jim never would’ve won one then. Without MJ retiring, Jim = Chuck Barkley tbh.

Dex
05-05-2020, 08:55 AM
Jim better be glad MJ retired or no 99 title tbqh. Maybe Jim never would’ve won one then. Without MJ retiring, Jim = Chuck Barkley tbh.

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Play Boban
05-05-2020, 10:18 AM
If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
either way I’m ur daddy

Dex
05-05-2020, 10:30 AM
either way I’m ur daddy

That's weird.

exstatic
05-05-2020, 10:50 AM
That's weird.

Troll, so, not weird.

benefactor
05-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Who actually likes Jordan as a person? Didn't you see his HOF speech? His ego is Donald Trump fragile.

Play Boban
05-05-2020, 02:19 PM
That's weird.
The truth is weird. Deal with it.

Play Boban
05-05-2020, 02:19 PM
Who actually likes Jordan as a person? Didn't you see his HOF speech? His ego is Donald Trump fragile.
Your mom does.

Dirks_Finale
05-05-2020, 04:21 PM
:lol
either way I’m ur daddy

Kool Bob Love
05-05-2020, 04:59 PM
I’m with Duncan on this. Fuck that degenerate gambling dad killer.

J_Paco
05-05-2020, 07:39 PM

Yeah, sure. An old, slowing down, beat up Bulls were gonna be a young, fresh and hungry Tim Duncan.

The Spurs would have won in 5 or 6 games, TBH, but it doesn't matter cause the record book says 1999 NBA Champions: the San Antonio Spurs.

Arcadian
05-05-2020, 08:02 PM
lol that is the most Timmy quote ever....

"Never really had a liking for him"

:lol Even the delivery was subtle

"I actually have watched him a lot, but I just never really...Idk...had a liking for him..."

Chillen
05-05-2020, 11:35 PM
Think of how some fans on here respect Kobe Bryant as a great basketball player but don't have a liking for him at all. That is what Duncan means, it's not a disrespect to Jordan's game at all.

It probably helped shaped Timmy's career he thought that way, he wasn't trying to be like Mike.

Arcadian
05-06-2020, 09:32 AM
Think of how some fans on here respect Kobe Bryant as a great basketball player but don't have a liking for him at all. That is what Duncan means, it's not a disrespect to Jordan's game at all.

It probably helped shaped Timmy's career he thought that way, he wasn't trying to be like Mike.

By contrast, Tim was a fan of Magic Johnson.

Dex
05-06-2020, 09:54 AM

Considering MJ was kinda known as being an asshole to everybody including his own teammates, I don't know why anybody would be surprised by this quote. Tim is pretty much the antithesis of Jordan in that way.

Obviously a great player, but not a guy I would want to sit and share some beers with.

phxspurfan
05-06-2020, 12:51 PM
great post, thanks for sharing :lol

9:16 interview with Oprah and Chuck was the best

Silver&Black Warrior
05-06-2020, 05:50 PM
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY HATED JORDAN AROUND THIS TIME!!!!!!!! SURE THEY WERE THE CHAMPS BUT THEY STILL GOT WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY TOO MUCH HYPE. THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY BEATABLE. IF KARL MALONE HAD HELD ON TO THE BASKETBALL, IT WOULD BE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT OUTLOOK ON THE BULLS. IF JORDAN HADN'T RETIRED, HE WOULD HAVE LOST 2 STRAIGHT TO HAKEEM AND THE ROCKETS. I AM VERY CERTAIN THIS IS WHAT TIMMY WAS FEELING AT THE TIME.

tenbeersbold
05-07-2020, 07:08 AM
Jordan is about as low as they come tbh,
I witnessed him and his entourage get tossed from a high end restaurant in DC for being an ass.
Not to mention his failed steak house called what else "Jordans" in Penn Quarter DC.
He just locked up the place and left town,no notice nothing.
Left all his employees unpaid and outta work,all the suppliers got shafted etc.

exstatic
05-07-2020, 07:20 AM
I witnessed him and his entourage get tossed from a high end restaurant in DC for being an ass.
Not to mention his failed steak house called what else "Jordans" in Penn Quarter DC.

I'm not a Jordan fan, not by a mile. Can't stand him. Most restaurants end that way, though.

Play Boban
05-07-2020, 07:50 AM
Kobe > MJ
LeBron >>> Kobe
LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>> MJ

lefty
05-07-2020, 08:30 AM
Kobe was a more skilled version of MJ imo

Spurtacular
05-07-2020, 08:38 AM
If D-Rob would've deferred to Timmy, we would've had a Duncan-Jordan match-up in 98, with TD likely coming out on top IMO.

exstatic
05-07-2020, 10:00 AM
If D-Rob would've deferred to Timmy, we would've had a Duncan-Jordan match-up in 98, with TD likely coming out on top IMO.

We'd have had that anyway if Tim didn't sprain his ankle vs Utah in the playoffs.

daslicer
05-07-2020, 11:29 AM

I live in NC and met him when I was 15. I went to a celebrity golf tournament and I actually got to meet him with a bunch of other people. He was a grade a douchebag. He taunted me and a bunch of other people about getting his autograph. If you had smart phones and social media back then he would have been exposed.

dbreiden83080
05-07-2020, 08:16 PM
Fuck Jerry Kraus... 99 Spurs would have ended the Bulls..

spurs10
05-07-2020, 08:52 PM
Go to 7:16 and you will see a young Tim actually saying he does not like Michael Jordan.

XMm2KO46HfU Didn't think I could like Tim Duncan anymore, but this just elevates my respect for him even more. I can't bring myself to watch his 10 episode self-edited, ego fest after watching him speak next to Davis Robinson at their Hall Of Fame inductions. David was the essence of class and he was obnoxious as he possibly could be. I'm with Tim and don't "care for him." Not that I don't recognise his greatness as a player and all he did to raise the profile of the NBA. That is not the entire measure of a man. Tim was the greatest at his position, but had many other qualities that speak to his greatness.

spurs10
05-07-2020, 08:55 PM
I live in NC and met him when I was 15. I went to a celebrity golf tournament and I actually got to meet him with a bunch of other people. He was a grade a douchebag. He taunted me and a bunch of other people about getting his autograph. If you had smart phones and social media back then he would have been exposed. Sounds about right. A great way to treat your teenage fans. I'm glad my intuition about him rings true. Sorry for your experience. Young people don't need that.

Play Boban
05-07-2020, 09:21 PM
I live in NC and met him when I was 15. I went to a celebrity golf tournament and I actually got to meet him with a bunch of other people. He was a grade a douchebag. He taunted me and a bunch of other people about getting his autograph. If you had smart phones and social media back then he would have been exposed.
God damn that’s almost as bad as what Kawhitter did to that one poster here’s daughter tbh. :cry

daslicer
05-07-2020, 09:51 PM
Sounds about right. A great way to treat your teenage fans. I'm glad my intuition about him rings true. Sorry for your experience. Young people don't need that.

I was upset at the time but it also gave me a revelation at a young age which is to never worship celebrities or anybody. Nobody deserves that type of respect.

dbreiden83080
05-08-2020, 08:33 AM
Didn't think I could like Tim Duncan anymore, but this just elevates my respect for him even more. I can't bring myself to watch his 10 episode self-edited, ego fest after watching him speak next to Davis Robinson at their Hall Of Fame inductions. David was the essence of class and he was obnoxious as he possibly could be. I'm with Tim and don't "care for him." Not that I don't recognise his greatness as a player and all he did to raise the profile of the NBA. That is not the entire measure of a man. Tim was the greatest at his position, but had many other qualities that speak to his greatness.

Jordan you appreciate his greatness as a player. You have no choice, he was that great.. But personality yeah he is tough to like at times. He always had to have grudges, reasons to be mad about something or somebody to be that great.. And he was a bully with all the talk.. D-Rob as classy as it gets no doubt. But in fairness he never had that drive to win that Jordan had.. I guess Jordan had to be a Dick to make it work..

lefty
05-08-2020, 09:36 AM
Jordan you appreciate his greatness as a player. You have no choice, he was that great.. But personality yeah he is tough to like at times. He always had to have grudges, reasons to be mad about something or somebody to be that great.. And he was a bully with all the talk.. D-Rob as classy as it gets no doubt. But in fairness he never had that drive to win that Jordan had.. I guess Jordan had to be a Dick to make it work..
He never had a team good enough or a FO competent enough to win a title before Duncan arrived

And all great players have the drive, the idea that Jordan had unique drive or "willed his team to win" .... I'm sorry but that's a lot of media/Nike driven narrative bullshit

exstatic
05-08-2020, 10:06 AM
He never had a team good enough or a FO competent enough to win a title before Duncan arrived

And all great players have the drive, the idea that Jordan had unique drive or "willed his team to win" .... I'm sorry but that's a lot of media/Nike driven narrative bullshit

Disagree. Avery J called him out frequently for not using "his gifts". David was talented, and worked hard, but he never burned for the game like a Tim or a Manu. A modern day equivalent might be Anthony Davis. or Paul George. Tim took the 2003 Spurs to a ring with a team as bad as many of David's were. There are plenty of talented, even super talented players who lack the drive.

hater
05-08-2020, 11:02 AM
:lol Most of his own teammates didn’t like Jordan. Kerr had a fistfight with him in practice.

if by fistfight you mean Kerr hit Jordans fist with his face :lol

exstatic
05-08-2020, 12:12 PM
if by fistfight you mean Kerr hit Jordans fist with his face :lol

That's the story floated by MJ and his hangers on.

baseline bum
05-08-2020, 12:15 PM

Didn't he get into a fistfight with Horace Grant too in the 1990-91 season? I seem to remember that from The Jordan Rules, but it has probably been 28 years since I read that book.

lefty
05-08-2020, 12:26 PM
Disagree. Avery J called him out frequently for not using "his gifts". David was talented, and worked hard, but he never burned for the game like a Tim or a Manu. A modern day equivalent might be Anthony Davis. or Paul George. Tim took the 2003 Spurs to a ring with a team as bad as many of David's were. There are plenty of talented, even super talented players who lack the drive.
2003 SPurs is more talented than any team Rob had pre-Duncan era

tmtcsc
05-08-2020, 12:47 PM

https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2iedJKWK1rgchc8o1_540.gifv

dbreiden83080
05-08-2020, 02:58 PM

Was he a Dick? Sure probably. So was Kobe, and a lot of players. But Jordan was the best player in the league by a mile. Name one flaw he had in his game? 3 Pt Shooting maybe, and they didn't shoot the 3 in the 90's that much.. Still had that barrage of 3's against the Blazers in the finals. But he would brutalize you on the court. He was more than just great talent. He was crazy driven. And yes an Asshole. One thing I will say as being somewhat BS is the physicality of the league in the 90's. Yeah by the rules, it was physical, but Jordan was protected more than most. He got more calls than anyone in the 90's.. However that is nothing compared to today, and the treatment star players get.. Harden if you stare at him when he is shooting a 3 they blow the stupid whistle..

dbreiden83080
05-08-2020, 03:01 PM

Talent yet to be realized.. Tony was a kid. Manu was a Rookie. D-Rob was old.. Tim at the peak of his powers dragged that team to a Championship.

J_Paco
05-08-2020, 08:43 PM

That is completely wrong and just stupid. That 2003 team didn't have another 15+ PPG scorer besides Duncan, while Sean Elliott made an all-star team (with the Spurs) prior to Duncan's arrival.

David was just as talented but not as driven as Timmy.

I remember a friend that lived in Dallas during the '06 playoffs - I live in Maryland - telling me a story about how Duncan threw an absolute fit (in anger) after the game 7 loss against Dallas. I remember Timmy nearly in tears and completely dejected after the game 6 loss in Miami.

I never remember a loss bothering David that much in any point of his career.

exstatic
05-08-2020, 09:28 PM
Talent yet to be realized.. Tony was a kid. Manu was a Rookie. D-Rob was old.. Tim at the peak of his powers dragged that team to a Championship.

Stephen Jackson was probably the second best player on the team.

J_Paco
05-08-2020, 09:36 PM
Stephen Jackson was probably the second best player on the team.

I would argue Parker was 2nd best, but he was wildly inconsistent and prone to issues with his confidence. The team was pretty much a patchwork roster - which would have some eventually blossom in Parker, Ginobili & Jackson (elsewhere) - that was carried by an all-time great performer/season.

exstatic
05-08-2020, 10:15 PM
I would argue Parker was 2nd best, but he was wildly inconsistent and prone to issues with his confidence. The team was pretty much a patchwork roster - which would have some eventually blossom in Parker, Ginobili & Jackson (elsewhere) - that was carried by an all-time great performer/season.

TP got benched in the Finals. His lack of a jumper cost SA the 2004 Lakers series. He was still inconsistent in 2005. After that ring, SA hired a guy named Chip Englland, and that move vaulted him into an All Star and All NBA player. He wasn’t much good in 2003, though.

Play Boban
05-08-2020, 11:07 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2iedJKWK1rgchc8o1_540.gifv
I’m right ur wromg

lefty
05-09-2020, 12:18 AM
That is completely wrong and just stupid. That 2003 team didn't have another 15+ PPG scorer besides Duncan, while Sean Elliott made an all-star team (with the Spurs) prior to Duncan's arrival.

David was just as talented but not as driven as Timmy.

I remember a friend that lived in Dallas during the '06 playoffs - I live in Maryland - telling me a story about how Duncan threw an absolute fit (in anger) after the game 7 loss against Dallas. I remember Timmy nearly in tears and completely dejected after the game 6 loss in Miami.

I never remember a loss bothering David that much in any point of his career.

That’s stupid

Parker, Manu shit on Avery Johnson, car mechanic Del Negro , washed up Dale Ellis, and your Sean Elliott of shit :lol
He also had Robinson who even though was about to retire was still more than decent
2003 Spurs also had a better bench

Sure, Strickland was talented but he also enjoyed throwing ill advised no look passes in crunch time
Willie Anderson never reached his potential
Cummings was past his prime by the time he was in San Antonio

KobesAchilles
05-09-2020, 12:29 AM
That’s stupid

Parker, Manu shit on Avery Johnson, car mechanic Del Negro , washed up Dale Ellis, and your Sean Elliott of shit :lol
He also had Robinson who even though was about to retire was still more than decent

Sure, Strickland was talented but he also enjoyed throwing ill advised no look passes in crunch time

TC was still in his prime but he got injured. Willie also got injured (and drug rumors I think) but that’s why he didn’t live up to his potential. Elliott had bad knees/kidney. Strickland was awesome but letting him go in favor of AJ was by far one of the dumbest moves.

Robinson’s entire era was defined by injuries both to himself and his teammates. The Spurs were cursed back then and it was a wonder we were as good as we were. Yeah we got exposed in the playoffs but man our coaching was beyond shit too.

I can’t think of any superstar that had to deal with more shit than Robinson tbh. Best teammates got hurt. Hall of fame coach quit to join the Clippers :lol backcourt of AJ and Vinny. Tark lasted 17 games. John Lucas was his actual coach during his prime. Not paying for supportive players. 6 coaches in 5 years. Rodman threw the Rocket series. Malone elbow knocked him out and forever injured his knee. Back issues. I mean shit name me another superstar that had to deal with this shit and Dave still led his team to the top of the WC.

tenbeersbold
05-09-2020, 11:45 AM

Not surprised at all,what I witnessed in person was truly sad by him

baseline bum
05-09-2020, 12:23 PM

Damn what a piece of shit. I got Jordan to autograph one of his cards and my NBA Register in either 1987 or 1988 and he seemed nice enogh then. Sucks to hear he became a dick.

baseline bum
05-09-2020, 12:40 PM

Cummings was awesome and in the middle of his prime when he got here. But he blew out his his knee in the summer of 1992, right after cheap ass Red McCombs didn't want to trade him for Barkley.

lefty
05-09-2020, 03:01 PM
Cummings was awesome and in the middle of his prime when he got here. But he blew out his his knee in the summer of 1992, right after cheap ass Red McCombs didn't want to trade him for Barkley.
Imagine Robinson and Barkley

Fucking Red

baseline bum
05-09-2020, 03:05 PM
Imagine Robinson and Barkley Fucking Red

Gross

lefty
05-09-2020, 03:41 PM
Gross

:lol

J_Paco
05-09-2020, 04:21 PM
TP got benched in the Finals. His lack of a jumper cost SA the 2004 Lakers series. He was still inconsistent in 2005. After that ring, SA hired a guy named Chip Englland, and that move vaulted him into an All Star and All NBA player. He wasn’t much good in 2003, though.

I recall all that and the early playoff let downs in Tony's career. I also remember how clutch SJAx was in those playoffs, but he was also inconsistent, prone to taking bad shots & passes.

Tony added that pull-up mid range jumper (in particular with opponents going under screens) really took his game to another level in the late 2000's & early 2010's. Without that mprovement he likely isn't going to the hall of fame or possibly staying in San Antonio past 2011.

That’s stupid

Again, you are applying who Parker and Ginobili would become and that perception to their 2003 selves (like the national media often does). Ginobili was a rookie hampered by an early season ankle sprain that wouldn't find his groove until January/February. He also hadn't fully gained Pop's trust and understanding of his "helter skelter" style.

Yes, he was talented but he wasn't as acclimated to the speed and athleticism of the NBA. Even Pop has admitted in interviews that "he didn't know what he had" in Ginobili. Parker was also talented by still went through stretches (at inopportune times) of downplay, passivity & diffidence.

Jackson was the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team, but I doubt any most smart Spur fans would take Jackson in his 2002 - '03 season over Sean Elliott in his 1992 - '93 season. Elliott averaged more points, rebounds and assists while being more efficient from the floor.

For sure Parker & Ginobili are way, way more talented than the 1990's group of Spur guards. Their body of work is more impressive than any of Rod Stickland, Willie Anderson, Vinnie Del Negro or Avery Johnson, yet their 2003 selves could have easily been interchanged with any of that group and Spurs still ring. Why? Tim Duncan had one of the single greatest seasons ever and was capable of carrying a "mediocre" championship team to a ring.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-11-2020, 12:57 PM
TC was still in his prime but he got injured. Willie also got injured (and drug rumors I think) but that’s why he didn’t live up to his potential. Elliott had bad knees/kidney. Strickland was awesome but letting him go in favor of AJ was by far one of the dumbest moves.

Robinson’s entire era was defined by injuries both to himself and his teammates. The Spurs were cursed back then and it was a wonder we were as good as we were. Yeah we got exposed in the playoffs but man our coaching was beyond shit too.

I can’t think of any superstar that had to deal with more shit than Robinson tbh. Best teammates got hurt. Hall of fame coach quit to join the Clippers :lol backcourt of AJ and Vinny. Tark lasted 17 games. John Lucas was his actual coach during his prime. Not paying for supportive players. 6 coaches in 5 years. Rodman threw the Rocket series. Malone elbow knocked him out and forever injured his knee. Back issues. I mean shit name me another superstar that had to deal with this shit and Dave still led his team to the top of the WC.

This.

People are either too young or forgetful to remember those Spurs teams. Give Robinson the supporting cast that some of these recent super-teams have had and he could have run off multiple titles. He probably could have been considered a top 10 all-time with the right talent around him.