PDA

View Full Version : Man-made antibody 'neutralizes' coronavirus for first time, study shows

ducks
05-05-2020, 02:24 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/science/man-made-antibody-neutralizes-coronavirus-first-time

ducks
05-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Regeneron: COVID-19 Antibody Cocktail May Be Available by Fall

Trill Clinton
05-05-2020, 03:24 PM
Ducks do you wear a mask and practice social distancing when you go into your clients home?

pgardn
05-05-2020, 03:54 PM
There are a lot of these ducks.
This is not a vaccine, so its use will be limited to testing or possibly severe cases. You just dont inject antibodies into people and expect it to work. The patients own immune system can attack the antibodies injected. I guess you got excited because FOX talked about it. Its really good other researchers are doing and finding the same things, the more the merrier I guess. Vaccines are preferable by a long shot.

It would be nice if the Federal government was helping to coordinate all this stuff so we could get replication where we need it, and different groups trying different things where we need it. This is part of the reason the NIH was established. But Trump likes things nutty so we all hope an already cooperative scientific community can do so again. I do wonder how much will be shared when a vaccine is decided on and/or if one pharma company receives an inordinate amount of money for a test, etc... and is the only one allowed to make it.

btw...

There is a Chang as an author for your posting.
Thats Chinese, are you going to go ballistic?