PDA

View Full Version : Impact on Spurs Draft Odds if the Season Resumes

timvp
05-05-2020, 02:26 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antonio-spurs-2020-nba-draft-odds/

Lottery pick and the continuation of the playoff streak is still the best reasonable outcome, especially because tanking is unlikely to help at all.

ginobilized
05-05-2020, 02:42 PM
Thanks, TIMVP! I’ve been missing your voice and solid takes around here.

I do not see how the season can resume in June, but, I’ve been wrong before. Will be curious to see how it plays out.

phxspurfan
05-06-2020, 12:54 PM
NBA should just give up trying to crown LeBron and the LOLkers so late in the summer like this. No way they get all those tests just for NBA players and not have giant protests outside of the hotels. Also no way players don't get infected again partying in Orlando or Vegas

daslicer
05-06-2020, 06:17 PM
NBA should just give up trying to crown LeBron and the LOLkers so late in the summer like this. No way they get all those tests just for NBA players and not have giant protests outside of the hotels. Also no way players don't get infected again partying in Orlando or Vegas

Highly unlikely a NBA player would die from Covid-19 but there is a small chance it could happen. If it did it would be a terrible look for the league.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-07-2020, 12:19 AM
Highly unlikely a NBA player would die from Covid-19 but there is a small chance it could happen. If it did it would be a terrible look for the league.

Doesn't have to be a player - it could be an assistant, a coach, any personnel , or even a relative and it would be a pr disaster for the league. Tough being in Silver's shoes right now.

KobesAchilles
05-07-2020, 12:31 AM
Makes one wonder if Pop can continue to coach with this virus out there. Would he take the risk?

exstatic
05-07-2020, 06:31 AM

KATs mom died, so players may be thinking of something other than themselves.

daslicer
05-07-2020, 11:22 AM
KATs mom died, so players may be thinking of something other than themselves.

Agreed I definitely believe his mom's death has made an impact on how players view this virus.

Seventyniner
05-07-2020, 08:59 PM
Doesn't have to be a player - it could be an assistant, a coach, any personnel , or even a relative and it would be a pr disaster for the league. Tough being in Silver's shoes right now.

Exactly. The coaches and many staff members are in the danger zone in terms of age, even though the players aren't.