PDA

View Full Version : Trump disbanding coronavirus task force despite growing number of U.S. cases

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 08:00 AM
just when you think the bungling can't get any worse than injecting bleach, holy fuck this idiot is going to get us killed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

President Trump is looking to wind down the White House coronavirus task force in the coming weeks even as the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. continues to rise, the New York Times reported.

Vice President Mike Pence, who Trump appointed to lead the task force, confirmed that such a plan was in the works on Tuesday. “I think we’re having conversations about that and about what the proper time is for the task force to complete its work and for the ongoing efforts to take place on an agency-by-agency level. And we’ve already begun to talk about a transition plan with FEMA,” Pence told reporters.

“But it’s — it really is all a reflection of the tremendous progress we’ve made as a country.”

Touring a mask production facility in Phoenix, Ariz., on Tuesday, his first public event outside the White House in weeks, Trump confirmed that he was disbanding the task force.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-weighs-disbanding-coronavirus-task-force-despite-growing-number-of-us-cases-200151375.html

baseline bum
05-06-2020, 08:09 AM
Next step is Trump trying to supress numbers of the dead for his re-election campaign.

monosylab1k
05-06-2020, 08:15 AM
Next step is Trump trying to supress numbers of the dead for his re-election campaign.

He’s already been colluding with Republican governors to do that. You think it’s a coincidence that Texas/Forida/Georgia have low numbers despite doing jack shit?

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 08:52 AM

Trump dismisses new COVID-19 death forecast: 'It's time to go back to work'

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-coronavirus-death-forecast-fauci-testimony-164017812.html

or just ignore them. That is the lazier way to go.

boutons_deux
05-06-2020, 08:56 AM
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=c5ffe9fe07&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r-7093021287220003520&th=171e9fac64f76fb2&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9VAIMVtBZcb_gSqyNFZvusbNv3JUYg2zcWItD Yinub7ZmJSUxm9NuD25kENuzBZI2sJp4YQR3WEzNcyCb9UjFcC erwno00bMyzjKo7XnnXsLga3woDKOY8Mq0&disp=emb&realattid=ii_k9vbpudj0

Spurs Homer
05-06-2020, 08:59 AM
not that anyone is going to miss the nazi press sprays -

but from the beginning - the CDC - should have been the ONLY ones briefing the country and a health czar should have been installed to oversee the entire response -

beginning with testing -

but I guess the whistleblower hearings - and any other witnesses and documents that arise from those hearings will shed more light -

however - make no mistake -

thousands more will needlessly die and the shift has happened -

trump will now shift blame to the governors and the states

"we did a beautiful job - and when we disbanded the task force - there were only 70000 dead - now there is _______ dead!"

this virus is just an "inconvenience" for his political re-election campaign...

TheGreatYacht
05-06-2020, 09:01 AM
Trump needs to fire all the CDC taskforce and open up the country. Anyone wanna quarantine the rest of your life or wear a mask the rest of your life then that's your choice. But don't make government force those choices on all of us.

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 09:10 AM
He’s already been colluding with Republican governors to do that. You think it’s a coincidence that Texas/Forida/Georgia have low numbers despite doing jack shit?

Don't test and you can't have high numbers. Amaright?

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 09:10 AM
Trump needs to fire all the CDC taskforce and open up the country. Anyone wanna quarantine the rest of your life or wear a mask the rest of your life then that's your choice. But don't make government force those choices on all of us.

I see you have been sucking Alex Jones' disk especially hard.

Chucho
05-06-2020, 10:05 AM

"The heat and humidity is killing it!"

Winehole23
05-06-2020, 10:35 AM
Having already failed to use his broad executive powers to organize containment of COVID-19, solve supply chain issues and acquire badly needed testing materials and PPE, Trump is now giving up on mitigation.

His taskforce appears mainly to have steered contracts the well connected. Figures Trump would grift the federal response while cocking it up for experienced managers at FEMA.

pgardn
05-06-2020, 10:35 AM
Abdication of responsibility by the WH

Cant win this one, on to the next.
It really makes sense that any presser coming from the WH should be about anything but our current health situation.
Dont even talk about it, all Trump did when trying to use it as political advantage was F up. Keep Fauci and Brix off the tube...
Perfect, forget it.

Phase II reopening.

Phase I completed.

The art of the deal.

CosmicCowboy
05-06-2020, 11:44 AM
just when you think the bungling can't get any worse than injecting bleach, holy fuck this idiot is going to get us killed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

President Trump is looking to wind down the White House coronavirus task force in the coming weeks even as the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. continues to rise, the New York Times reported.

Vice President Mike Pence, who Trump appointed to lead the task force, confirmed that such a plan was in the works on Tuesday. “I think we’re having conversations about that and about what the proper time is for the task force to complete its work and for the ongoing efforts to take place on an agency-by-agency level. And we’ve already begun to talk about a transition plan with FEMA,” Pence told reporters.

“But it’s — it really is all a reflection of the tremendous progress we’ve made as a country.”

Touring a mask production facility in Phoenix, Ariz., on Tuesday, his first public event outside the White House in weeks, Trump confirmed that he was disbanding the task force.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-weighs-disbanding-coronavirus-task-force-despite-growing-number-of-us-cases-200151375.html

I thought you didn't like the task force? Now you like it?

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 11:44 AM
... Changed his fucking mind already.

Or lying about changing his mind. Fucking idiot.

Winehole23
05-06-2020, 11:46 AM
I thought you didn't like the task force? Now you like it?has Trump's COVID-19 taskforce accomplished its mission, in your opinion?

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 11:47 AM
I thought you didn't like the task force? Now you like it?

Bungling efforts are usually better than no efforts. No the task force is still total amateur hour driven by Jared "mission accomplished" Kushner.

I can only stand and wonder at the bungling though. Looks like he is bungling the bungling.

Why do Republicans like idiots so much?

CosmicCowboy
05-06-2020, 11:57 AM
has Trump's COVID-19 taskforce accomplished its mission, in your opinion?

Nope, and Trump is an idiot. I keep hoping Trumps vanity keeps him from wearing a mask and he gets the Covid and gets knocked out of the 2020 race.

LkrFan
05-06-2020, 12:21 PM

Damn. That's messed up.

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 12:24 PM
Nope, and Trump is an idiot. I keep hoping Trumps vanity keeps him from wearing a mask and he gets the Covid and gets knocked out of the 2020 race.

Ol' Boris bounced back. I hope he is still on the ballot in November. We all deserve a big chance to provide some collective feedback on his performance.

Thread
05-06-2020, 12:25 PM
He's only trollin' ya's, gettin' in your kitchens, crawlin' up in your shit & playin' dead.

Trump President.
Not Clinton.

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 12:27 PM
He's only trollin' ya's, gettin' in your kitchens, crawlin' up in your shit & playin' dead.

Trump President.
Not Clinton.

Trump responsible for bungling virus response.
Not Clinton.

:rollin

Thread
05-06-2020, 12:33 PM
Trump responsible for bungling virus response.
Not Clinton.

:rollin

Left her-where he found her...dead in the ground.

baseline bum
05-06-2020, 12:34 PM

Trump is not an idiot. He's a very accomplished conman who tapped into the emotion and anger Clear Channel and Fox News have built up in their viewer base over the last 20 years with their lunatic conspiracy theories.

TimDunkem
05-06-2020, 12:44 PM
Damn. That's messed up.

Not a surprise, tbh. He always did have high praise for Abbott, Kemp, and De Santis.

Thread
05-06-2020, 12:57 PM
Trump is not an idiot. He's a very accomplished conman who tapped into the emotion and anger Clear Channel and Fox News have built up in their viewer base over the last 20 years with their lunatic conspiracy theories.

Stings, don't it? Your side has been doing that same shit for years. You just can't take it. You only want to dish it.

Thread
05-06-2020, 12:59 PM

TheGreatYacht & Cathouse Thursday!!!

Thread
05-06-2020, 01:00 PM
Ol' Boris bounced back. I hope he is still on the ballot in November. We all deserve a big chance to provide some collective feedback on his performance.

Regardless he Brexit'ed & ain't nothing going to change that fact.

baseline bum
05-06-2020, 01:03 PM
Stings, don't it? Your side has been doing that same shit for years. You just can't take it. You only want to dish it.

Bing, what are you doing here? I thought I told you to go fuck your mother?

baseline bum
05-06-2020, 01:04 PM

It's too bad Boris didn't die of it when he killed so many of his own people.

pgardn
05-06-2020, 01:10 PM

If the goal for the United States is to try and create divisions so that you can rule over a country he is accomplished.

If the goal is to solve problems by further the interests of a United group, like Health Care, Infrastructure, lack of Debt for future generations, cleansing DC of special interests, then Trump is a perfect idiot.

If the goal is to create divisions via wealth, get rid of abortions (aka choice), create a permanent underclass, let business thrive via ruining the environment, expand xenophobia, he has been wonderful and his additions to the courts have been fantastic.

He leads by division.
This is extraordinarily unhealthy and not sustainable for a democracy that requires a thriving, educated, middle class.

Thread
05-06-2020, 01:10 PM
Bing, what are you doing here? I thought I told you to go fuck your mother?

:toast

Thread
05-06-2020, 01:13 PM
If the goal for the United States is to try and create divisions so that you can rule over a country he is accomplished.

If the goal is to solve problems by further the interests of a United group, like Health Care, Infrastructure, lack of Debt for future generations, cleansing DC of special interests, then Trump is a perfect idiot.

If the goal is to create divisions via wealth, get rid of abortions (aka choice), create a permanent underclass, let business thrive via ruining the environment, expand xenophobia, he has been wonderful and his additions to the courts have been fantastic.

He leads by division.
This is extraordinarily unhealthy and not sustainable for a democracy that requires a thriving, educated, middle class.

Please. You accomplished that same goal right out the gate on his Inauguration Day, Madonna threatened to blow him and the WH up that day. Antifa ran around in masks sucker punching people coast-to-coast, lighting cars on fire.

& you ain't stopped since.

You got no fuckin' room, peeg. None.

baseline bum
05-06-2020, 01:15 PM

Bingo. He has been a raging success for his constituency.

He leads by division.

:lmao

pgardn
05-06-2020, 01:20 PM
Bingo. He has been a raging success for his constituency.

:lmao

Were we ever considered a democracy, if so when?

baseline bum
05-06-2020, 01:27 PM
Were we ever considered a democracy, if so when?

Yeah we had a working government before the Gingrich. Now we have minority rule sacrificing the lives of an unwilling public for our Dear Leader's re-election campaign.

hater
05-06-2020, 01:45 PM
The whole world ruling elite has gotten on the same page and decided it to take it on the chin.

Putin just announced Russia will start easing lockdowns despite Moscow not even reaching their NYC peak yet :lmao

All of Europe is also starting back up despite cases not going down enough

it has been decided for us nigas

at least the good thing about this is that we will stop bickering about it.

we all are going the way of Sweden

maybe it will be the best strategy. herd immunity will be achieved.

or maybe we will be back to full lockdowns once bodies start piling up on the streets

we will find out in a month or so or start of this fall

let the show begin

pgardn
05-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Yeah we had a working government before the Gingrich. Now we have minority rule sacrificing the lives of an unwilling public for our Dear Leader's re-election campaign.

Vote.

And we know the EC will be a part of the next election.
Want it changed, vote.
And if that many people really want a disturbed wanna be king like we have now...
Work on the vote.

This is why I respect RG and yes, even rmt.
They participate at the grass roots level in elections.
Personally Im tired of the cynicism of this cant be done... Look who won the last election. He went through a multitude of Republicans and their power structure.
Then he got close enough popularity wise imo and we have a split.

If we believe there are too many brainwashed fools then do something about it instead of just calling them brainwashed fools.

pgardn
05-06-2020, 03:20 PM
Please. You accomplished that same goal right out the gate on his Inauguration Day, Madonna threatened to blow him and the WH up that day. Antifa ran around in masks sucker punching people coast-to-coast, lighting cars on fire.

& you ain't stopped since.

You got no fuckin' room, peeg. None.

I accepted what we got as the will of enough people in this country.
I had hoped he would be different than he was as a reality TV king.
He is not, he is a massive failure imo. I wont be lied to on such an acute and sustained manner anymore.
Anyone Else 2020.

baseline bum
05-06-2020, 03:25 PM
Vote.

And we know the EC will be a part of the next election.
Want it changed, vote.
And if that many people really want a disturbed wanna be king like we have now...
Work on the vote.

This is why I respect RG and yes, even rmt.
They participate at the grass roots level in elections.
Personally Im tired of the cynicism of this cant be done... Look who won the last election. He went through a multitude of Republicans and their power structure.
Then he got close enough popularity wise imo and we have a split.

If we believe there are too many brainwashed fools then do something about it instead of just calling them brainwashed fools.

Ok skippy, your vote in Texas for president really matters.

pgardn
05-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Ok skippy, your vote in Texas for president really matters.

It does matter on the numbers.
If everyone who wants Anyone Else acts as you want me to...
How many people have you convinced in this State to vote against Trump?

Thread
05-06-2020, 04:30 PM
The whole world ruling elite has gotten on the same page and decided it to take it on the chin.

Putin just announced Russia will start easing lockdowns despite Moscow not even reaching their NYC peak yet :lmao

All of Europe is also starting back up despite cases not going down enough

it has been decided for us nigas

at least the good thing about this is that we will stop bickering about it.

we all are going the way of Sweden

maybe it will be the best strategy. herd immunity will be achieved.

or maybe we will be back to full lockdowns once bodies start piling up on the streets

we will find out in a month or so or start of this fall

let the show begin

Because nobody in this country would do, or, stand for a 30 day lock down. Not even close. You can't go 1/2 ass. You either shut it all down for 30 days minimum, or, you gamble that "piling up on the streets" won't happen, like I gambled that we'd never beat the Obama mark.

Everybody wants the other guy to lock down. It's a hoot watching 'em.

& you're right about the (herd), hater. In the end that is where we'll settle, where we can actually SEE for ourselves the results, make a stand instead of listening to all this science. They're as lost as us common people. They don't know anymore than we do. And there is satisfaction in their lack of result, ruled by arrogance. Sure, it costs lives, but, they're total shit and it's in plain sight.

Every questions they're asked, they stutter and stammer before they answer. Big shots.

Thread
05-06-2020, 04:34 PM
I accepted what we got as the will of enough people in this country.
I had hoped he would be different than he was as a reality TV king.
He is not, he is a massive failure imo. I wont be lied to on such an acute and sustained manner anymore.
Anyone Else 2020.

You've been lied to since JFK. That's when symbolism trounced substance and it ain't changed since then.

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 04:40 PM

Gingrich is on my List of Dudes I Would Happily Go to Jail for Kicking in the Nuts.

Thread
05-06-2020, 08:32 PM

Trump President.
Not Clinton.

Told ya's. It's back, "indefinitely."

pgardn
05-06-2020, 09:22 PM
You've been lied to since JFK. That's when symbolism trounced substance and it ain't changed since then.

Well I was not around for that and many others but...

I have never seen such blatant, vain, narcissistic lying like this.
Hell, I dont even know anyone on this level of sociopathy.

daslicer
05-06-2020, 09:26 PM

He leads by division.

The endgame is not to have democracy anymore. The rich want to create an environment where they have ungodly rule over everyone.

baseline bum
05-06-2020, 09:28 PM
The endgame is not to have democracy anymore. The rich want to create an environment where they have ungodly rule over everyone.

They already have it.

pgardn
05-06-2020, 09:34 PM

Well Trump convinced enough voters (drain the swamp) that he was with the people.
That tax cut, will people even identify with it and think hell yes I got money back?
Trump has successfully taken white hard working people and convinced them he is/was their man.

It shall be interesting because white hard working males VOTE.

pgardn
05-06-2020, 09:37 PM
They already have it.

This may be true based on 50% pay 3% of federal taxes.
The other 50% pay 97% of federal taxes.

But all of the above can vote.

daslicer
05-06-2020, 09:50 PM
They already have it.

They are about 90 percent there. They are still a few more institutions they need to dismantle before they get to one hundred percent.

Thread
05-06-2020, 09:51 PM
Well I was not around for that and many others but...

I have never seen such blatant, vain, narcissistic lying like this.
Hell, I dont even know anyone on this level of sociopathy.

...I do, Bill Clinton & Obama. The first fucked a girl while his wife and young daughter slept above the Oval office.

That fuck Obama reached for the race card 6 months in and never let go.

Clean your own house, peeg.

daslicer
05-06-2020, 10:06 PM
Well Trump convinced enough voters (drain the swamp) that he was with the people.
That tax cut, will people even identify with it and think hell yes I got money back?
Trump has successfully taken white hard working people and convinced them he is/was their man.

It shall be interesting because white hard working males VOTE.

:lol at draining the swamp. It never really was about that for these voters. I don't really believe in these voters hearts and minds that they really believed Trump was going to be anti establishment. It's laughable that anybody would believe that a billionaire would be for helping the average person. The election really was about race. It was a combination of these white voters hating Obama, and having fear of becoming a minority in the next 20-30 years. The majority of white male voters will vote for Trump but then again they have been voting republican since the '60s.

baseline bum
05-06-2020, 10:11 PM
They are about 90 percent there. They are still a few more institutions they need to dismantle before they get to one hundred percent.

They're already there. Look at the sick leave bill that exempted pretty much all the major employers of this nation but gave congress something to pretend they did for the people. Look at the corporate bailout that was a bait and switch from Trump and Mnuchin where Mnuchin kept telling the media about two $1200 checks but only ended up giving one, where there was supposed to be unemployment paid but that lasted a month and then Trump and the red states opened back up to not pay it. And it was a nightmare to sign up for. Pure bait and switch to get the corporate bailout passed. Look at the Payheck Protection Program that largely served as a bank bailout in at least the first round since banks just prioritized businesses that owed them money.

daslicer
05-06-2020, 10:22 PM
They're already there. Look at the sick leave bill that exempted pretty much all the major employers of this nation but gave congress something to pretend they did for the people of this nation. Look at the corporate bailout that was a bait and switch from Trump and Mnuchin where they talked about two $1200 checks but only ended up giving one, where there was supposed to be unemployment paid but that lasted a month and then Trump and the red states opened back up to not pay it. And it was a nightmare to sign up for. Pure bait and switch to get the corporate bailout passed. Look at the Payheck Protection Program that largely served as a bank bailout in at least the first round since banks just prioritized businesses that owed them money.

You make some great points and I won't argue against them. I would say before they have hundred percent control they will need to privatize all public schools,police dept,fire dept, destroy the United Postal Service which they are on the verge. Once they do that they will need to pass new amendments to change the constitution to their liking so they will always have supreme power. This article down below details the endgame pretty well by the rich.

https://www.ineteconomics.org/perspectives/blog/meet-the-economist-behind-the-one-percents-stealth-takeover-of-america#disqus_thread

pgardn
05-06-2020, 10:35 PM
...I do, Bill Clinton & Obama. The first fucked a girl while his wife and young daughter slept above the Oval office.

That fuck Obama reached for the race card 6 months in and never let go.

Clean your own house, peeg.

No, no ,no
Obama could have played the race card to the hilt and he did not.
The press however, could have been much more critical on policy, especially foreign policy, and they may have laid off at first because "the first black president"
Dont revise what I did see.
Obama also pick some of the sleasiest .. Holder, Rahm Emanuel for important positions. Compared to Trump though, holy shit. His entire WH is adrift with grifting liars. You have to be to stay with him.
So Ill be damned if thats my team, especially Dollar Bill Clinton.
Clinton lied straight in to the TV. A big lie. He basked in power once there and used the fact that he was an incredibly good speaker to gain even more.
But I will say both of these men were gifted intellectually.

However, Trump has lied and misrepresented on such an unprecedented scale (lies when he does not even need to) its really become common place; accepted.
No, no no you wont pull the old card on me "you have seen it all". Even though I respect people who live fully through it.
This guy in office right now is the pinnacle of snakeoil and stupid as his vanity leads him there. And he does not give a shit, which is what is so attractive about him for you.

No. You wont do this to ME.

pgardn
05-06-2020, 10:40 PM
:lol at draining the swamp. It never really was about that for these voters. I don't really believe in these voters hearts and minds that they really believed Trump was going to be anti establishment. It's laughable that anybody would believe that a billionaire would be for helping the average person. The election really was about race. It was a combination of these white voters hating Obama, and having fear of becoming a minority in the next 20-30 years. The majority of white male voters will vote for Trump but then again they have been voting republican since the '60s.

Bolded
Exactly. He got people to believe it when his past was a big fat pay to play game.

The rest I will give you a bit. But there WAS a large crossover, there had to be. Obama 8 straight years. He got voted for much more heavily by white work hard types than Hillary. There is no doubt. Donald the liar got that vote.

Winehole23
05-08-2020, 09:27 PM
Nope, and Trump is an idiot. I keep hoping Trumps vanity keeps him from wearing a mask and he gets the Covid and gets knocked out of the 2020 race.I hope DJT doesn't get COVID-19 but I do hope his evident corruption, sadism and incompetence defeat him at the polls.

Tbqh, my hopes aren't very high.

Winehole23
05-08-2020, 09:33 PM
Stings, don't it? Your side has been doing that same shit for years. You just can't take it. You only want to dish it.Pure projection, profe!

You're flooding the zone with shit like a good soldier, it's easy enough to do one's duty if one is taking orders.

Thread
05-08-2020, 10:04 PM
Pure projection, profe!

You're flooding the zone with shit like a good soldier, it's easy enough to do one's duty if one is taking orders.

Yep, the old man doesn't have to look for me. I'm right there shoulder-to-shoulder.

I imitate him:::"Say it."

RandomGuy
05-27-2021, 03:26 PM

Nailed it.