PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama to deliver commencement address in TV special for 2020 graduates

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 12:22 PM
Kind of awesome for the kids.

https://www.syracuse.com/schools/2020/05/barack-obama-to-deliver-commencement-address-in-tv-special-for-2020-graduates.html

Thread
05-06-2020, 12:23 PM
The race baitin' fuck.

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 12:28 PM
The race baitin' fuck.

Yes, Trump is. Glad we agree on something.

Thread
05-06-2020, 12:32 PM
Yes, Trump is. Glad we agree on something.

No. This is your thread, citing that race baiting fuck Obama.

You laid it down.

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 01:15 PM
No. This is your thread, citing that race baiting fuck Obama.

You laid it down.

Oh, you are trying to lie the lie that Obama was a horrible race baiter. :rolleyes

Thread
05-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Oh, you are trying to lie the lie that Obama was a horrible race baiter. :rolleyes

He is a race baiter. He cashed out 6 months into an 8 year term after swearing up & down he wasn't going to that. But, he reached for it early on and never set it down. The cheap shitter.

clambake
05-06-2020, 01:39 PM
He is a race baiter. He cashed out 6 months into an 8 year term after swearing up & down he wasn't going to that. But, he reached for it early on and never set it down. The cheap shitter.

Every klan member is in your cult, dale

That’s it and that’s all

Spurtacular
05-06-2020, 01:51 PM

https://www.syracuse.com/schools/2020/05/barack-obama-to-deliver-commencement-address-in-tv-special-for-2020-graduates.html

Yea, getting the form letter version of a commencement speech has to make them feel so special.

Chucho
05-06-2020, 02:31 PM

Why are you selling him low? Obama was an excellent race baiter. The dog-whistle was invented by that chud.

spurraider21
05-06-2020, 02:45 PM
]The dog-whistle was invented by that chud.
:lmao oh ok

Chucho
05-06-2020, 02:52 PM
:lmao oh ok

It was. He set the trend for race baiting. Trump took it and ran with it.

Spurs Homer
05-06-2020, 02:57 PM

any honest examples of this?

Thread
05-06-2020, 03:01 PM
Why are you selling him low? Obama was an excellent race baiter. The dog-whistle was invented by that chud.

Tell it. Testify!!!

Chucho
05-06-2020, 03:02 PM
Tell it. Testify!!!

No need to testify the truth. It is what it is.

He was the originator and Trump showed him how to innovate it further.

Spurs Homer
05-06-2020, 03:03 PM
Tell it. Testify!!!

any honest examples?

Chucho
05-06-2020, 03:03 PM
any honest examples of this?

Bruh, you and I both know you have encyclopedic knowledge of Trump dog whistiling.

Spurs Homer
05-06-2020, 03:04 PM
Bruh, you and I both know you have encyclopedic knowledge of Trump dog whistiling.

i thought you said obama did this?

any examples?

spurraider21
05-06-2020, 03:05 PM
there was no dog whistling before obama? cmon man :lol

ChumpDumper
05-06-2020, 03:06 PM
It was. He set the trend for race baiting. Trump took it and ran with it.:lmao Trump was calling to lynch the Central Park Five when Obama was in law school

Chucho
05-06-2020, 03:08 PM
:lmao Trump was calling to lynch the Central Park Five when Obama was in law school

So...Obama stole from Trumps playbook? Neat.

Chucho
05-06-2020, 03:09 PM
there was no dog whistling before obama? cmon man :lol

Whitey always ruled the roost. When Uncle Barry was cherry picked for the job, he came with whistles-ablowin.

Chucho
05-06-2020, 03:09 PM
i thought you said obama did this?

any examples?

Det whole spoon feeding thing.

ChumpDumper
05-06-2020, 03:11 PM
Now I have to conclude these people don't know what race-baiting is.

Spurs Homer
05-06-2020, 03:13 PM

so- you are just another racist - talking out yer ass

ok- got it!

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 04:35 PM

Nah. That was the lie done to death by the Fox "news' crowd and talk radio.

You and I will disagree that calling out actual problems and racism is not "race baiting" though. The rights definition of "race-baiting" includes brown people saying that they are treated unfairly by my experience. I do not buy that at all.

RandomGuy
05-06-2020, 04:36 PM

Going to need to be more specific. Hard to search that.

boutons_deux
05-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Wild, bullshit claims from the rightwingnutjobs, NO evidence

Spurminator
05-06-2020, 05:55 PM
Whitey always ruled the roost. When Uncle Barry was cherry picked for the job, he came with whistles-ablowin.

Suddenly it was white people's turn to make retarded racist inferences from milquetoast statements, and boy did they take advantage of the opportunity. The hysterics from white people were historical.

"He can't say Trayvon looked like his son!" :madrun

RandomGuy
05-07-2020, 08:14 AM
Suddenly it was white people's turn to make retarded racist inferences from milquetoast statements, and boy did they take advantage of the opportunity. The hysterics from white people were historical.

"He can't say Trayvon looked like his son!" :madrun

I never saw that. It is trotted out as being hugely egregious but is so innocuous as to completely discredit the rest of the hysteria, IMO.

RandomGuy
05-07-2020, 08:16 AM

IF it was so bad.. what is the WORST thing he said that was race baiting?

Go for it.

RandomGuy
05-07-2020, 08:17 AM

Same thing. I am not steeped in conservative propaganda and fox news brainwashing. I really have no idea.

Go for it.

Spurtacular
05-07-2020, 08:53 AM
Same thing. I am not steeped in conservative propaganda and fox news brainwashing. I really have no idea.

Go for it.

I don't know if you're the most brainwashed person on here or just the most delusional.

RandomGuy
05-07-2020, 09:00 AM
I don't know if you're the most brainwashed person on here or just the most delusional.

I'm not even asking for much.

One instance of Obama race-baiting.

Just one. Seems like too big an ask. Says a lot about the claim, tbh.

Spurtacular
05-07-2020, 09:30 AM

Not my fight. But since you ask, Obama race-baited on the Trayvon Martin stuff.

Thread
05-07-2020, 11:33 AM

Go for it.

(If I had son bait.) The shameless fuck.

RandomGuy
05-07-2020, 02:15 PM
Not my fight. But since you ask, Obama race-baited on the Trayvon Martin stuff.

Now we are getting somewhere.

What specifically?

RandomGuy
05-07-2020, 02:16 PM
(If I had son bait.) The shameless fuck.

Define "race baiting", and tell me how this meets that definition. Time to pony up some critical thinking. I expect you to fail, so feel free to be a chickenshit and give up at any time.

Spurtacular
05-07-2020, 03:28 PM
Now we are getting somewhere.

What specifically?

Bruh, you know you've heard a hundred times. You obviously decided it didn't fit your narrative.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2020, 03:30 PM
derp folds

DMC
05-07-2020, 03:36 PM
Chucho isn't saying Obama was the first person in history to race bait. He's saying he was the 1st POTUS to do so. Trump was not POTUS when Obama was in law school. Ergo Trump couldn't have race baited the nation from the Oval Office then.

Why some of you suddenly get retarded at convenient times is still a mystery - there's no prize.

DMC
05-07-2020, 03:39 PM
Define "race baiting", and tell me how this meets that definition. Time to pony up some critical thinking. I expect you to fail, so feel free to be a chickenshit and give up at any time.

:lol Sematics good now

DMC
05-07-2020, 03:43 PM

You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African American community at least, there’s a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it’s important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn’t go away.

There are very few African American men in this country who haven't had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me. There are very few African American men who haven't had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me -- at least before I was a senator. There are very few African Americans who haven't had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.

So there was a collective decision by the nation to behave this way? It's odd, cannot get people to socially distance or shelter at home, but they have no problems locking their doors or clutching their purses when they believe, even a little, they might be in danger.

Chris Rock comes to mind.

ChumpDumper
05-07-2020, 03:44 PM
Chucho isn't saying Obama was the first person in history to race bait. He's saying he was the 1st POTUS to do so. Trump was not POTUS when Obama was in law school. Ergo Trump couldn't have race baited the nation from the Oval Office then.

Why some of you suddenly get retarded at convenient times is still a mystery - there's no prize.:lol DMC rushes to say Obama was the first race baiting president and admits he read my post.

I'd say Jackson was probably the first president who race baited in office. I'd have to look up the specifics.

DMC
05-07-2020, 03:48 PM

race-baiting
adjective [ before noun ] mainly US disapproving (also race baiting)
US/ˈreɪs ˌbeɪ.t̬ɪŋ/ UK /ˈreɪs ˌbeɪ.tɪŋ/

intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issues relating to race, often to get a political advantage:

Trill Clinton
05-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Nah. That was the lie done to death by the Fox "news' crowd and talk radio.

You and I will disagree that calling out actual problems and racism is not "race baiting" though. The rights definition of "race-baiting" includes brown people saying that they are treated unfairly by my experience. I do not buy that at all.

You hit the nail on the head. When a non white person points out racism, conservatives equate that with racism. In their world if people aren't getting lynched then it isn't racist.

monosylab1k
05-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Pretty sure FDR did it with the Japs tbh

RandomGuy
05-07-2020, 06:47 PM
:lol Sematics good now

Clarity and meeting of the minds. I merely want to understand what is meant. Maybe I even agree, who knows?

RandomGuy
05-07-2020, 06:54 PM
You hit the nail on the head. When a non white person points out racism, conservatives equate that with racism. In their world if people aren't getting lynched then it isn't racist.

Eyup. Conservatives are hierarchical. In this country, the underlying racial hierarchy is pretty clear. It permeates everything, a stench that many are nose blind to.

Go against that (mostly) unspoken hierarchy and they flip their shit.

WIW: part of good series of videos on it. recommend the channel, he dissects the alt right pretty well. Watch a few of the "playbook" then look at how posters play to it. it's kind of eerie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4CI2vk3ugk

Once you realize that the core of conservatism is that kind of pyramid with some "elite" on top, the overt racism starts to make a lot more sense.

RandomGuy
05-07-2020, 06:56 PM
race-baiting
adjective [ before noun ] mainly US disapproving (also race baiting)
US/ˈreɪs ˌbeɪ.t̬ɪŋ/ UK /ˈreɪs ˌbeɪ.tɪŋ/

intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issues relating to race, often to get a political advantage:

Seems pretty reasonable, thank you. I had found that. Probably a good way to start.

Now, we need to get at how Obama did this to that definition. Not on you for that, unless you want to take it up. Thread? Chucho?

RandomGuy
05-07-2020, 07:03 PM
You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African American community at least, there’s a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it’s important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn’t go away.

There are very few African American men in this country who haven't had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me. There are very few African American men who haven't had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me -- at least before I was a senator. There are very few African Americans who haven't had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.

So there was a collective decision by the nation to behave this way? It's odd, cannot get people to socially distance or shelter at home, but they have no problems locking their doors or clutching their purses when they believe, even a little, they might be in danger.

Chris Rock comes to mind.

So how exactly does this incite anger?

DMC
05-07-2020, 08:06 PM
Clarity and meeting of the minds. I merely want to understand what is meant. Maybe I even agree, who knows?

When you do it, it's ok. Your reasons are pure.

DMC
05-07-2020, 08:15 PM
So how exactly does this incite anger?

Yeah you're so concerned about it that suddenly no take McGurk needs to teach you how to fucking read. If you think you're being fucked over by whitey, then the President tell you basically you were fucked over by whitey, that serves to incite anger.

DMC
05-07-2020, 08:17 PM

Japanese isn't a race.

monosylab1k
05-07-2020, 08:40 PM
Japanese isn't a race.

Tell that to 10 year old me being called “Chinese or Japanese or whatever”

ChumpDumper
05-07-2020, 09:03 PM
Yeah you're so concerned about it that suddenly no take McGurk needs to teach you how to fucking read. If you think you're being fucked over by whitey, then the President tell you basically you were fucked over by whitey, that serves to incite anger.:lol DMC speaks for other races now.

How paternalistic of you.

DMC
05-07-2020, 09:16 PM
Tell that to 10 year old me being called “Chinese or Japanese or whatever”

Kids are ignorant. They thought I was Mexican. Even Mexicans thought I was Mexican.

Play Boban
05-07-2020, 09:19 PM

Obummer = beta

elbamba1
05-07-2020, 09:29 PM

Chinese immigrants were a common target in the 1800s.

RandomGuy
05-11-2020, 09:53 AM
Obummer = beta

Zero indictments, zero impeachments. Can complete sentences and speaking meaningfully on a variety of subjects including the nuclear triad.

RandomGuy
05-11-2020, 10:01 AM
Yeah you're so concerned about it that suddenly no take McGurk needs to teach you how to fucking read. If you think you're being fucked over by whitey, then the President tell you basically you were fucked over by whitey, that serves to incite anger.

So now we are getting somewhere.

So, saying that black people are being treated poorly is inciting anger based on race.

intentionally encouraging racism or anger about issues relating to race, often to get a political advantage

So it fits the bolded part at least, and actively contradicts the first part. "encouraging racism" is pretty much the opposite of asking that you not be treated poorly because of your race. It is quite the opposite.

The card says moops. Seems we have a conundrum.

So, is saying that you are treated poorly because of your race, when, in fact, you are treated poorly, encouraging racism, or discouraging it?

Play Boban
05-11-2020, 12:38 PM
Zero indictments, zero impeachments. Can complete sentences and speaking meaningfully on a variety of subjects including the nuclear triad.
Trump is 100% at defeating partisan witchhunt indictments. Obummer should’ve been impeached over fast and furious believe me.

no collusion believe me and even if there was does it matter no?

trump is alpha he doesn’t care about melting snowflake feelings and doing the tough stuff to maga

ChumpDumper
05-11-2020, 12:53 PM
believe me:lol

RandomGuy
05-11-2020, 03:13 PM
Trump is 100% at defeating partisan witchhunt indictments. Obummer should’ve been impeached over fast and furious believe me.

no collusion believe me and even if there was does it matter no?

trump is alpha he doesn’t care about melting snowflake feelings and doing the tough stuff to maga

I am curious, what do you think about Obama's campaign manager giving internal polling data to that Russian operative?

Play Boban
05-11-2020, 07:24 PM
I am curious, what do you think about Obama's campaign manager giving internal polling data to that Russian operative?
If you ain’t cheatin’, you ain’t tryin’

Reck
05-11-2020, 08:10 PM

What is this? NASCAR?

Play Boban
05-11-2020, 11:06 PM
What is this? NASCAR?
No it’s the New England Patriots

ducks
05-11-2020, 11:13 PM
He also got caught with 44gate

Reck
05-11-2020, 11:21 PM
He also got caught with 44gate

whats 44gate?

RandomGuy
05-12-2020, 02:04 PM

So anything goes. Got it.

Play Boban
05-12-2020, 06:56 PM
So anything goes. Got it.
You got a problem with that?

koriwhat
05-13-2020, 12:09 PM
Who cares? Fuck that faggot obama!

boutons_deux
05-13-2020, 12:20 PM
A hilarious, cutting insult to invite Trash's hated knitter to give the speech rather than Trash.

DMX7
05-13-2020, 12:47 PM
I think President Obama is going to knock it out of the park and give a great speech!