PDA

View Full Version : Der Führer Garcetti Weaponized Public Utilities Against Political Enemies

Spurtacular
05-16-2020, 07:59 PM
https://ktla.com/news/coronavirus/mayor-garcetti-expected-to-hold-daily-briefing-on-l-a-s-covid-19-response/

He said the Department of Water and Power will shut off services for the businesses that don’t comply with the “safer at home” ordinance.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-01/l-a-will-shut-off-water-for-non-essential-businesses-operating-amid-coronavirus-restrictions

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Wednesday that he’s authorized the (https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-28/from-closed-beaches-to-shuttered-businesses-heres-what-you-cant-do-this-weekend) Department of Water and Power to shut off service to nonessential businesses that continue to operate

Spurtacular
05-16-2020, 08:02 PM
:lol Chumpettes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Fyg4maLWg

clambake
05-16-2020, 08:26 PM
Oh

Good

Spurtacular
05-16-2020, 08:39 PM
Oh

Good

You been snitchin?

ElNono
05-17-2020, 06:51 AM
Thank you Mayor Garcetti... you actually saved American lives.

boutons_deux
05-17-2020, 06:56 AM

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 07:08 AM
Thank you Mayor Garcetti... you actually saved American lives.

He destroyed countless lives.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 07:17 AM
He destroyed countless lives.

He didn't kill them though. You can recover from anything else.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 07:18 AM
Los Angeles county could've easily been just like NY, it's been nothing like...

Garcetti

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 07:19 AM
Los Angeles county could've easily been just like NY, it's been nothing like...

Garcetti

No. We're much warmer. That was never on the table. We have counties with zero cases.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 07:32 AM
No. We're much warmer. That was never on the table. We have counties with zero cases.

I live in LA too... and no, you're wrong. It's not a given that every virus is affected by weather, thus making sure the lockdown was early was always the right thing to do.

He's a hero, tbh, the whole city leadership have been nothing but great. Saved many lives.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 07:36 AM
Let's put this in numbers, so it's clear (considering warm weather too):

Miami-Dade: Population 2.7 million, 15.000 cases

Los Angeles County: Population 10 million, 37.000 cases

boutons_deux
05-17-2020, 07:37 AM
any kind of law or reg or tax is Nazism for righwingnutjob asshole nihilists who wallow in their freedumb to be imposed over others' freedom

ElNono
05-17-2020, 07:39 AM
Frankly, the Mayor hasn't really asked for anything out of the ordinary... still can do your grocery shopping, etc.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 07:50 AM
It's not a given that every virus is affected by weather

I've heard you claim this bull shit many times now. A virus that behaves like the flu; weather is a major factor in the spread.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 07:51 AM
Let's put this in numbers, so it's clear (considering warm weather too):

Miami-Dade: Population 2.7 million, 15.000 cases

Los Angeles County: Population 10 million, 37.000 cases

That's humid climate vs. arid climate.

You're really struggling.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 07:52 AM
Frankly, the Mayor hasn't really asked for anything out of the ordinary... still can do your grocery shopping, etc.

Just don't go to work and making money to keep your house and/or business and feed your family is all.

koriwhat
05-17-2020, 02:55 PM
You been snitchin?

Of course he has. Bitches like clam can't help themselves.

clambake
05-17-2020, 02:59 PM
Que derps jizz eater

ElNono
05-17-2020, 03:58 PM
I've heard you claim this bull shit many times now. A virus that behaves like the flu; weather is a major factor in the spread.

That's humid climate vs. arid climate.

It's the other way around, people like you keep betting on the claim of weather and "it's like the flu", but we don't really have anything to back that up. (post it)

I never made the claim that it's not, what I said it's we'll find out soon enough. And that's really the whole point: you can't assume anything on the initial response. POTUS thought it was no big deal, and he has nearly 100k dead now under his tally.

You're really struggling.

Protip: when you try to make it personal, it usually means you're on the losing side of the argument, and projecting. It's really transparent. Don't go there, there's a number of posters here, me included, that see right through it.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 03:59 PM
Just don't go to work and making money to keep your house and/or business and feed your family is all.

Well, that happens too when an earthquake brings down your building. It's called emergencies. People recover from that. Death? not so much.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 07:44 PM
It's the other way around, people like you keep betting on the claim of weather and "it's like the flu", but we don't really have anything to back that up. (post it)

I never made the claim that it's not

'Second wave coming in winter'

Gee, what conclusion can we make?

POTUS thought it was no big deal, and he has nearly 100k dead now under his tally.

:cry Muh Trump TDS :cry

Protip: when you try to make it personal, it usually means you're on the losing side of the argument, and projecting. It's really transparent. Don't go there, there's a number of posters here, me included, that see right through it.

You're still struggling.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 07:46 PM
Well, that happens too when an earthquake brings down your building. It's called emergencies. People recover from that. Death? not so much.

Not everyone is going to have that happily ever after. Bankruptcies have lasting and often devastating effects.
The one size fits all solutions by the fascists was idiotic. Come to terms.

tholdren
05-17-2020, 08:33 PM

I never made the claim that it's not, what I said it's we'll find out soon enough. And that's really the whole point: you can't assume anything on the initial response. POTUS thought it was no big deal, and he has nearly 100k dead now under his tally.

This is more like the seasonal flu than the spanish flu. Its not even close to the same demographic. Most susceptible and hospitalizations for seasonal and covid are almost identical. Spanish flu killed healthy people. Covid does not. Thats fact.

Where is your proof that locking down will save any more lives than not? And how do you justify ruining 1 persons life for keeping someone alive is the right thing to do. Over 30 million job losses. Many of those people had families. So the shutdown has ruined at least 30 million, more if they had families, and has saved... ???

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 08:40 PM
This is more like the seasonal flu than the spanish flu. Its not even close to the same demographic. Most susceptible and hospitalizations for seasonal and covid are almost identical. Spanish flu killed healthy people. Covid does not. Thats fact.

Truth bomb.

DMC
05-17-2020, 09:22 PM
:lol Chumpettes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Fyg4maLWg

The fat chick on the right at 18 seconds :lol

ElNono
05-17-2020, 09:40 PM
'Second wave coming in winter'

Gee, what conclusion can we make?

Never said that. Link, quote? You're gonna have to fold dis one.

:cry Muh Trump TDS :cry

Facts don't care about your feelings.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 09:41 PM
Not everyone is going to have that happily ever after. Bankruptcies have lasting and often devastating effects.
The one size fits all solutions by the fascists was idiotic. Come to terms.

Bankruptcies happen all the time. Again, people recover from them. Death you don't recover from. There's really no rational counter-argument.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 09:47 PM

Where is your proof that locking down will save any more lives than not? And how do you justify ruining 1 persons life for keeping someone alive is the right thing to do. Over 30 million job losses. Many of those people had families. So the shutdown has ruined at least 30 million, more if they had families, and has saved... ???

Baloney. When did the seasonal flu cause Kawasaki syndrome in children? We have both a vaccine and treatments for the seasonal flu, we do not for this thing.

Proof is in the numbers, this is far from the first pandemic this world has ever seen. Social distancing and contact tracing simply bears the best outcomes until a vaccine/treatment is available.

Clearly we listen to epidemiologists, not libertarian hacks on the interwebs.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 09:47 PM
Bankruptcies happen all the time. Again, people recover from them. Death you don't recover from. There's really no rational counter-argument.

Sure there is. We've never shut down everything for a disease that doesn't lethally target healthy persons to any significant degree if at all. There's a reason for that.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 09:48 PM
Facts don't care about your feelings.

Which is what makes your TDS extra funny.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 09:49 PM
Sure there is. We've never shut down everything for a disease that doesn't lethally target healthy persons to any significant degree if at all. There's a reason for that.

Sure we did. You weren't born yet, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. This is the problem with ignorance, you think if you didn't live through it, it didn't happen.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 09:52 PM
Sure we did. You weren't born yet, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. This is the problem with ignorance, you think if you didn't live through it, it didn't happen.

The 1918 flu shutdowns? No, that targeted healthy people.

Don't talk down to me, son. You're a fucking shill.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 09:52 PM
Which is what makes your TDS extra funny.

Except that I said a fact. Stating that nearly 100k died under Trump's watch is simply a fact.

You're the one with the TDS if you find facts offensive and makes you emotional.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 09:55 PM
The 1918 flu shutdowns? No, that targeted healthy people.

Don't talk down to me, son. You're a fucking shill.

But it didn't initially. At the very start it only targeted the same kind of people covid is targeting. The second wave targeted the young and healthy.

Again, still no argument how bankruptcy is worse than dead. Still waiting for this alleged argument I made that 'Second wave coming in winter'.

You keep lying, of course I'm going to talk down to you.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 10:09 PM
But it didn't initially. At the very start it only targeted the same kind of people covid is targeting. The second wave targeted the young and healthy.

Again, still no argument how bankruptcy is worse than dead. Still waiting for this alleged argument I made that 'Second wave coming in winter'.

You keep lying, of course I'm going to talk down to you.

Money is health. You take away people's money, you take away their health in the long term in many cases.

It's a huge power shift designed to fuck over the masses.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2020, 10:15 PM
Money is health. You take away people's money, you take away their health in the long term in many cases.

It's a huge power shift designed to fuck over the masses.Whose design?

ElNono
05-17-2020, 10:28 PM

It's a huge power shift designed to fuck over the masses.

What's the conspiracy theory here?

The notion that we need to sacrifice innocent people's lives to the altar of money is playing right into your rich elite overlords you allegedly fear so much.

We have historically 20x the amount of economic crises over pandemics, we're much more seasoned about those.

And no, really, health is health. Money is just money.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 10:38 PM
What's the conspiracy theory here?

The notion that we need to sacrifice innocent people's lives to the altar of money is playing right into your rich elite overlords you allegedly fear so much.

We have historically 20x the amount of economic crises over pandemics, we're much more seasoned about those.

And no, really, health is health. Money is just money.

It's right before your eyes. Your willful ignorance is not my problem.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 10:53 PM
It's right before your eyes. Your willful ignorance is not my problem.

:lol you're even ashamed to go into any explaining, coz you know it's crazy talk.

You need to come out of the closet one of these days, go all out Galileo/Cosmoretard... not that we don't already know.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 10:57 PM
:lol you're even ashamed to go into any explaining, coz you know it's crazy talk.

You need to come out of the closet one of these days, go all out Galileo/Cosmoretard... not that we don't already know.

It would be convenient for you if I was a fringe loony. No doubt about that.
Not saying they were or were not; but I've seen that as the standard rhetoric by Chumpettes against them.
That was always quite convenient.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 11:44 PM
It would be convenient for you if I was a fringe loony. No doubt about that.
Not saying they were or were not; but I've seen that as the standard rhetoric by Chumpettes against them.
That was always quite convenient.

It doesn't affect me one iota who you are or pretend to be.