PDA

View Full Version : House passes' $3T 'HEROES' aid for stimulus checks, rent assistance

RandomGuy
05-17-2020, 04:19 PM
By Rebecca Shabad
WASHINGTON — The House on Friday narrowly passed a $3 trillion coronavirus relief package crafted by Democrats that would include another round of stimulus payments of up to $1,200 per person.

President Donald Trump this week declared the Democrats' proposal "DOA."

Similar to the first major coronavirus aid package signed into law in late March, the 1,815-page HEROES Act would provide up to $1,200 in payments (or $2,400 for married couples), with an extra $1,200 per dependent up to a maximum of three. The income thresholds are the same as in the earlier CARES Act, with money for people making up to $99,000 and couples up to $198,000. The amount would start to reduce from $1,200 above thresholds of $75,000 and $150,000, respectively.

The bill passed by a vote of 208-199 and now heads to the Senate. One Republican backed the bill, while 14 Democrats voted against it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-vote-democrats-3t-coronavirus-heroes-aid-stimulus-checks-money-n1207816

To allow access to the payments for immigrants, the measure removes the requirement of a Social Security number from CARES Act and allows people to file tax returns with a taxpayer identification number (or TIN).

The HEROES legislation also includes:

-Nearly $1 trillion in aid to state and local governments

-Extending $600-per-week addition for unemployment benefits through January 2021

-Expanded coronavirus testing, contact tracing and treatment and a requirement for the Trump administration to develop a national testing strategy

-Enhancing tax credits for employers to keep workers on their payrolls

-Support to help renters and homeowners make monthly rent, mortgage and utility payments

-$10 billion for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, to support anticipated increases in participation for food stamps

-$3.6 billion for grants to states for contingency planning and preparation for elections for federal office

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should be interesting to see where this goes.

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2020, 06:27 PM
As pelosi said, it's a starting point for negotiations.

Chris
05-17-2020, 06:34 PM
DOA

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2020, 06:36 PM
My guess is unless they agree to limits on employer liability it's going nowhere. Call it the "Trial Lawyers Trillion Dollar Bonanza Act". No matter where you get the covid it's your employers fault.

Play Boban
05-17-2020, 06:39 PM
Political theater pathetic, no way I am supporting another stimulus check when I got screwed over on the first one. Welfare gtfo

Reck
05-17-2020, 06:44 PM
The only reason Trump signed on to the first stimulus was because he'd thought it'd be politically advantageous. It didn't pan out that way so I doubt he'll want to give away money for no return.

ducks
05-17-2020, 06:47 PM
You think people in Washington do things other then for politically advantage ?

apalisoc_9
05-17-2020, 06:49 PM
PS5 is around the corner.

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2020, 06:54 PM
DOA. Democrats always prioritizing illegal immigrants over the working class SMH. If they would stop giving a fuck about undocumented immigrants people wouldn't hate them so much.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 06:59 PM
My guess is unless they agree to limits on employer liability it's going nowhere. Call it the "Trial Lawyers Trillion Dollar Bonanza Act". No matter where you get the covid it's your employers fault.

Why do we need special liability coverage though? We already have worker's comp in place. What's wrong with it?

ElNono
05-17-2020, 07:00 PM
The only reason Trump signed on to the first stimulus was because he'd thought it'd be politically advantageous. It didn't pan out that way so I doubt he'll want to give away money for no return.

If the new checks and loans say "Vote Trump 2020" he'll sign it in a heartbeat... that's all that really matters to him.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 07:01 PM
It's also DOA because companies already got bailed out, tbh... by both parties.

Chris
05-17-2020, 07:28 PM
its DOA because Dems try to hamfist their illegal policies underneath thr guise of relief

Nancy 'you have to sign it before you can what's in it' Pelosi

boutons_deux
05-17-2020, 07:37 PM
It's also DOA because companies already got bailed out, tbh... by both parties.

it's DOA because Moscow Mitch doesn't get his $100Bs for a Repug/Trash slush fund, CARES $100Bs was raped in secrecy by Repugs

This bill is more aid for unemployed, and esp aid for states and municipalities that were not in CARES bill

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2020, 07:40 PM
Why do we need special liability coverage though? We already have worker's comp in place. What's wrong with it?

Because workers comp is designed for immediately identifying an injury and reporting it...like the same day a report has to be done even if the injury ( let's say a slip and fall) doesnt require a doctors care or hospitalization. You have to report it as it happens. On an illness that may not show up for weeks there is no pinpointing whether the covid happened at work or at the bar after work.

tholdren
05-17-2020, 08:55 PM
If the new checks and loans say "Vote Trump 2020" he'll sign it in a heartbeat... that's all that really matters to him.

Lol you just found out that everything you do in life is one ad after the other. SLOW

ChumpHumper
05-17-2020, 09:06 PM
Chris is so triggered he’s mistyping and forgetting to write entire words :lmao

These rubes.

DMC
05-17-2020, 09:17 PM

You're a mind reader?

:lol

The right: political reasons

The left: Goodness of their hearts

ElNono
05-17-2020, 10:01 PM
Because workers comp is designed for immediately identifying an injury and reporting it...like the same day a report has to be done even if the injury ( let's say a slip and fall) doesnt require a doctors care or hospitalization. You have to report it as it happens. On an illness that may not show up for weeks there is no pinpointing whether the covid happened at work or at the bar after work.

But the point is that companies already have an out. Right now, if it's not a worker's comp claim, company is off the hook.

To me what this looks like is trying to look for guarantees that if companies don't follow protocol and put their workers at risk, they want a legal shield, and that's just bullshit.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 10:02 PM
Lol you just found out that everything you do in life is one ad after the other. SLOW

what are you babbling about? this is a POTUS that delayed relief checks in the middle of a pandemic to make sure they had his name on it.

Reck
05-17-2020, 10:31 PM
You're a mind reader?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/coming-to-your-1200-relief-check-donald-j-trumps-name/2020/04/14/071016c2-7e82-11ea-8013-1b6da0e4a2b7_story.html%3foutputType=amp

Is almost as if Trump wanted you to know he was the reason you got the check as if you owed him something. :lol

DMC
05-17-2020, 10:45 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/coming-to-your-1200-relief-check-donald-j-trumps-name/2020/04/14/071016c2-7e82-11ea-8013-1b6da0e4a2b7_story.html%3foutputType=amp

Is almost as if Trump wanted you to know he was the reason you got the check as if you owed him something. :lol

I didn't get a check.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 10:55 PM
I didn't get a check.

Neither did I, tbh... was going to donate it to the ACLU if I received one anyways

DMC
05-17-2020, 11:18 PM
Neither did I, tbh... was going to donate it to the ACLU if I received one anyways

Us 1%ers need to stick together imo

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 11:20 PM

That's the line. One wonders how much they really believe that.

ducks
05-17-2020, 11:22 PM

What good has the aclu ever did ?

DMC
05-17-2020, 11:24 PM

That's the line. One wonders how much they really believe that.

The swallowers like Reck believe it wholeheartedly. They think the left has the best interest of mankind in mind, while the right is all about shearing the populace for as much as they can get. I guess they ignore the fact that their trusty leaders also live in gated communities and are on average millionaires. Capitalism is only good when the left does it.

There are plenty on the right who act in the same way about shit the right does, but I've never seen it presented as "goodness of their heart" motives. Instead, they often say "intended" or "founding fathers".

ElNono
05-17-2020, 11:47 PM
What good has the aclu ever did ?

Reno v. ACLU, Bragdon v. Abbott, Chicago v. Morales, Board of Commissioners v. Umbehr, etc... too many to list.

ElNono
05-17-2020, 11:51 PM
The swallowers like Reck believe it wholeheartedly. They think the left has the best interest of mankind in mind, while the right is all about shearing the populace for as much as they can get. I guess they ignore the fact that their trusty leaders also live in gated communities and are on average millionaires. Capitalism is only good when the left does it.

There are plenty on the right who act in the same way about shit the right does, but I've never seen it presented as "goodness of their heart" motives. Instead, they often say "intended" or "founding fathers".

To be fair, there's no alternative. If the left isn't throwing some bones to the little guy, they basically would be the right.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 11:53 PM

Well, swallowers like Reck are not real progressives. He's just playing his part in a team sport. I just wonder what he really thinks he's going to get out of his hard swallows.

Spurtacular
05-17-2020, 11:55 PM
To be fair, there's no alternative. If the left isn't throwing some bones to the little guy, they basically would be the right.

Throwing bones while carving up the whole bird for themselves is supposed to be magnanimous?

The problem is that you never step back and consider that what you believe in is bull shit.

Reck
05-17-2020, 11:59 PM

Now look whose pretending to read minds.

DMC
05-18-2020, 12:01 AM

Except in how they view themselves. They both think they have the correct ideals, but the left considers their position to be based on concern for fellow man, while the right often invokes God, who cares not for man whatsoever.

spurraider21
05-18-2020, 12:12 AM
its DOA because Dems try to hamfist their illegal policies underneath thr guise of relief
what is illegal about the proposals here?

Nancy 'you have to sign it before you can what's in it' Pelosi
played out meme. context is king as it relates to those comments

ElNono
05-18-2020, 12:20 AM
Throwing bones while carving up the whole bird for themselves is supposed to be magnanimous?

The problem is that you never step back and consider that what you believe in is bull shit.

It's certainly better than carving up the whole bird for themselves and not throwing a bone at all, tbh.

Now, there's everything out there, some will do it out of convenience, some really feel it's the right thing to do.

It's not a matter of belief... faith really doesn't enter the picture here.

ElNono
05-18-2020, 12:21 AM
Except in how they view themselves. They both think they have the correct ideals, but the left considers their position to be based on concern for fellow man, while the right often invokes God, who cares not for man whatsoever.

Which God? Not the one on the bible. That guy was a communist in today's terms.

Spurtacular
05-18-2020, 12:38 AM
It's certainly better than carving up the whole bird for themselves and not throwing a bone at all, tbh.

Now, there's everything out there, some will do it out of convenience, some really feel it's the right thing to do.

:lol Permatriggered

Spurtacular
05-18-2020, 01:52 AM

The problem is Democrats think it's their hen house in the first place. They are stealing from us, and you want to thank them for it.

Footage of ElNono:

https://i.imgur.com/X8jYbSz.gif

ElNono
05-18-2020, 02:58 AM
:lol Permatriggered

Explain how it's a matter of faith? It's your claim.

The problem is Democrats think it's their hen house in the first place. They are stealing from us, and you want to thank them for it.

Footage of ElNono:

https://i.imgur.com/X8jYbSz.gif

I don't know what this is about, tbh... The fact that the vast majority of Americans don't share your emotional hate for liberals doesn't mean that they love them either. It never is black and white. There's plenty of criticism to go around on both sides of the aisle.

Really, there shouldn't be anything controversial when it comes to stating that the GOP gave up on the poor and minorities entirely a long time ago, and Democrats throw them a bone here and there with a lot of lip service.

That's what the political reality looks like. Neither you or I have to like it, but we rarely get a say anyways.

Th'Pusher
05-18-2020, 08:14 AM
But the point is that companies already have an out. Right now, if it's not a worker's comp claim, company is off the hook.

To me what this looks like is trying to look for guarantees that if companies don't follow protocol and put their workers at risk, they want a legal shield, and that's just bullshit.

I think the problem is that protocols have been loosely defined and nowhere close to codified and putting workers at risk is subject to interpretation, hence the trial lawyer comment.

TDMVPDPOY
05-18-2020, 08:21 AM
and whose going to pay for the 3t? let alone the nfd that the govt has no interest paying it down...

just print print more money

anyway.....3t welfare money isnt sustainable....down here they barrowed 130b thinking it will last 6months, only 2 weeks in first round of welfare paychecks they already used up 10b...so the govt is going to scale back on the welfare free payments and wants everyone back at work to get the economy going

boutons_deux
05-18-2020, 09:32 AM
and whose going to pay for the 3t?

that question was not asked for CARES which hosed many, many $100Bs to BigCorp and millionaires

nor asked when in 2009 etc when the Fed, Treasury was bailing out criminal BigFinance with $Ts

the other question is why not just let C19 kill 10Ms of people?

eventually it will die out as always, right?

herd immunity (too bad about the smaller herd)

And since the non-whites and non-productive-for-Capitalism whites (old people on Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security) are dying at rate above their %age of population, why not let C19 purge these "expensive" undesirables?

vy65
05-18-2020, 09:49 AM

There's already things like damages caps and the comp bar and the need to prove causation in a negligence case that already fulfill that role. Also, I'm not quite sure how federal tort reform can exist in the first place.

Chucho
05-18-2020, 10:31 AM
that question was not asked for CARES which hosed many, many $100Bs to BigCorp and millionaires

nor asked when in 2009 etc when the Fed, Treasury was bailing out criminal BigFinance with $Ts

the other question is why not just let C19 kill 10Ms of people?

eventually it will die out as always, right?

herd immunity (too bad about the smaller herd)

And since the non-whites and non-productive-for-Capitalism whites (old people on Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security) are dying at rate above their %age of population, why not let C19 purge these "expensive" undesirables?

Dear Covid-19,

It's hard to have gentlemen company with this little shit still living in muh trailer. I know you're busy wreaking havoc, but would it be too much to take this rectum itch with you?

Signed,

Bouton's Mom

ElNono
05-18-2020, 11:27 PM
I think the problem is that protocols have been loosely defined and nowhere close to codified and putting workers at risk is subject to interpretation, hence the trial lawyer comment.

But protocols, if any, should be defined state by state... it's clear the Federal has shunned away from establishing clear rules, and has admitted that it's up to the states.

That's why this thing makes even less sense.

Reck
07-27-2020, 06:56 PM
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1287784732470714369

:lmao Keep voting republican though, cucks.

baseline bum
07-27-2020, 07:07 PM
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1287784732470714369

:lmao Keep voting republican though, cucks.

McConnell is probably going to have to cave on that $600 a week with how desperately he wants to protect large companies from lawsuits for their unsafe working conditions.

boutons_deux
07-27-2020, 07:20 PM
and whose going to pay for the 3t?

just print print more money

why the hell not? Printing money IS the solution, aka Keynesian/MMT spending into an economic disaster.

putting $T into the hands of The People means they will spend it, saving/creating jobs and companies to replace the 10Ms of lost jobs and 100Ks of lost companies.

Putting $Ts into Wall St like in 2009 rather into Main St, does fuck all For The People and the Real Economy.

Print $8T would be about right, 40% of GDP.

Govt would have to impose a Fed mask, social distancing, and shutdown.

the deal with The People:

"govt will cover your finances, but you MUST, mandatory!, OBEY protocols so we can shut down the pandemic"

America has too many, 10Ms, sociopathic freedumb and freedumberer assholes who refuse any and all cooperation and pleas for social solidarity.

Expect commercial MBS to go tits up next year as commercial property loses clients, landlords default on their commercial loans. Then will have another 2008/2009 systemic credit freeze-up

Trainwreck2100
07-27-2020, 08:08 PM
McConnell is probably going to have to cave on that $600 a week with how desperately he wants to protect large companies from lawsuits for their unsafe working conditions.

to $200, from the current level of $600, as states transition to implement a system designed to provide approximately 70% wage replacement for laid off workers,

To get a system where you can get 70% wage replacement for everyone on unemployment would probably take as long as it would take for a vaccine to be made and distributed

CosmicCowboy
07-28-2020, 09:51 AM

I predict they settle at $400.

hater
07-28-2020, 09:59 AM
Bye bye to the dollar ma nigs

Shits kaput

Winehole23
07-28-2020, 10:04 AM
Bye bye to the dollar ma nigs

Shits kaputThere's been it of buzz about this, but it's not an easy call what would take the USD's place.

: https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3094416/us-dollar-risk-sudden-collapse-ex-imf-official-warns-blow

baseline bum
07-28-2020, 10:08 AM
I predict they settle at $400.

I don't know. McConnell badly wants corporate immunity and isn't in a strong negotiating position since any stimulus bill he brings for a vote is going to have half the GOP senators vote against it.