PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Spurs Fans Seemingly Prefer Clippers To Lakers?

TD 21
05-17-2020, 07:20 PM
I don't get it. Even though the damage is already done, it's amazing to me that anyone would rather Scumbag further pad his tainted "legacy" with another contrived championship because of an old rivalry, when virtually all of the people involved are long gone.

These divas have destroyed this league in the past 4 years to the point where I no longer base my opinion off of which franchise I can least stand winning, but rather which of them.

That's why I'd actually be fine with the Lakers winning because I find their superstars among the most tolerable and the aging great trying to fend off father time in pursuit of a championship, while cliché, is always a good storyline.

lefty
05-17-2020, 07:24 PM
Lakers > Spurs

Robz4000
05-17-2020, 07:36 PM
Because fuck the Lakers.

Degoat
05-17-2020, 07:40 PM
Real spurs fans won’t root for either EVER lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2020, 07:49 PM
lakerfans is the problem

FrostKing
05-17-2020, 07:50 PM
Weakening the Lakers stranglehold on Southern California is a win for the Spurs.

Lebron & Davis more tolerable than two California kids returning home? Huh

Lebron - super teams
Leonard - return to Duos

Spurs have a better chance at stumbling across 2 star players. Having another 3-headed monster - very low

Amuseddaysleeper
05-17-2020, 08:36 PM
Because fuck the Lakers

I’d rather Kawhi ring again than the Lakers win it all

talkspurs
05-17-2020, 09:00 PM
Cant stand lehype. he is all about the hype and is not as good as he or others like to make him. He has to have super teams to win and cannot lead his own team to a championship. I hate the lakers more for this same thing but if the players on the teams were switched I would want the lakers to win because he is just so over hyped.

RD2191
05-17-2020, 10:10 PM
Because Fuck the Lakers and fuck LeBitch. I can't stand either of them.

RD2191
05-17-2020, 10:11 PM
Because fuck the Lakers

I’d rather Kawhi ring again than the Lakers win it all

Pretty much.

Dirks_Finale
05-17-2020, 11:00 PM
Cant stand lehype. he is all about the hype and is not as good as he or others like to make him. He has to have super teams to win and cannot lead his own team to a championship. I hate the lakers more for this same thing but if the players on the teams were switched I would want the lakers to win because he is just so over hyped.

This

daslicer
05-17-2020, 11:16 PM
The Lakers played a huge role in #2 and Dennis forcing their way out of SA. I definitely do believe #2 was meeting with them secretly behind close doors during that season he sat out. I can't root for them because they sabotaged the Spurs. Also they are hateable entity that is always looking to steal superstars which means the next time the Spurs get a superstar look for the Lakers to try to poach him. Ideal scenario for me is the Clippers would take them out in the playoffs followed by Bucks taking out the Clippers. Hopefully this season stays cancelled so I can at least breath a sigh of relief that both #2 and Lebron/Lakers have been denied an opportunity for a title.

KobesAchilles
05-17-2020, 11:34 PM
Bc we’ve only lost to the Clippers once in the playoffs and the Lakers kept Duncan from having 3 additional rings
*edit* Also if you’re old enough to remember, the Lakers prevented the 83 Spurs from ringing (or atleast getting to the finals) which was the best Spurs team for over a decade. Lakers kept Ice ringless which is one of the biggest NBA travesties

99 Problems
05-18-2020, 12:14 AM
Cause all Spurs people have skin in the Kawhi story. The journey. The development, The experience, The highs, dose lows.
Look passed the Uncle thing. We can’t change history now. From the time Spurs drafted him to roookie, bench, role player, superstar role player, Star, Best player in the league. Everyone had skin in that. Owners, coaches , fans. That’s why it’s Clips. Just like Raps last year.

lefty
05-18-2020, 12:19 AM
Bc we’ve only lost to the Clippers once in the playoffs and the Lakers kept Duncan from having 3 additional rings
*edit* Also if you’re old enough to remember, the Lakers prevented the 83 Spurs from ringing (or atleast getting to the finals) which was the best Spurs team for over a decade. Lakers kept Ice ringless which is one of the biggest NBA travesties

That sad Gilmore footage in the 83 nba video is very meme-able imo :lol

Arcadian
05-18-2020, 12:36 AM
The Clippers have never won an NBA title. It's their turn.

spurs10
05-18-2020, 12:57 AM
I don't get it. Even though the damage is already done, it's amazing to me that anyone would rather Scumbag further pad his tainted "legacy" with another contrived championship because of an old rivalry, when virtually all of the people involved are long gone.

These divas have destroyed this league in the past 4 years to the point where Y I no longer base my opinion off of which franchise I can least stand winning, but rather which of them.

That's why I'd actually be fine with the Lakers winning because I find their superstars among the most tolerable and the aging great trying to fend off father time in pursuit of a championship, while cliché, is always a good storyline. Yeah I doubt Spurs fans prefer the Clippers.

DAF86
05-18-2020, 01:03 AM
Fuck the Lakers > Fuck Kawhi.

That's why.

The bigger question for me is, the Rockets or Kawhi? I still can't decide.

bluebellmaniac
05-18-2020, 06:45 AM
*edit* Also if you’re old enough to remember, the Lakers prevented the 83 Spurs from ringing (or atleast getting to the finals) which was the best Spurs team for over a decade. Stern kept Ice ringless which is one of the biggest NBA travesties

Fixed it for you.

bluebellmaniac
05-18-2020, 06:48 AM
No self respecting Spurs fan or a fan of any smaller market team should ever root for the Lakers on account of the David Stern crookedness in throwing games their way "for the sake of the league". Hope it's hot down there!

exstatic
05-18-2020, 08:07 AM
I haven't like the Clippers since LOB City kicked in. I never like the Lakers.

A cancelled season deprives both LeDrama and Mute Cancer of rings, and wastes a season for both of them. That's a pretty fucking good consolation prize if we have to miss the playoffs.

dbestpro
05-18-2020, 09:15 AM
Because the Lakers will get calls leaning their way no matter who or where they play.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-18-2020, 12:13 PM
Even when the Lakers are in the midst of an 8 year playoff drought and fighting to win 30 games, they're still on national TV 34 times. There's not a level playing field in the NBA, the scales are always tipped in the Lakers' favor. Every other major sport allows the best teams to rise, the media-darling teams still have to earn it, but the Lakers always get their legacy protected, so that even one of the worst run teams in pro sports can stay competitive. So, they're pretty easy to hate.

dbreiden83080
05-18-2020, 12:40 PM
The Asshole is Gone, I don't really give a Fuck about him either way... Spurs are not contenders anymore so whoever wins whatever..

DPG21920
05-18-2020, 01:29 PM
Two things:

1) It’s not an either or. They way this is framed somewhat implies people want LAC to win. Don’t think thats true. We still hate Kawhi and would prefer if neither LA team won. We are rooting for anyone but Kawhi/Lakers to win.

2) In the event that one of them is going to win though? Yeah, I will take LAC. Lakers have never had to earn anything. I don’t say that as in the players who went there not putting in work but regarding ownership. Once people stopped colluding for a moment, the Lakers FO was exposed as one of the most inept FO in the league.

They were absolutely not just a poorly run franchise, but an embarrassment. But of course, Lebron comes into bail them out just because he wants to do other things in addition to basketball (not a bad thing) and LA does nothing to deserve it. They never are forced to actually compete and adapt and instead rely solely on built in advantages in money/location that others dont have.

On top of that as much as I hate Kawhi the person, he’s still an amazing player and a part of me has softened since he chose LAC over LAL. Him choosing Lakers would have been so bad for the league and I think I appreciate that fact that while he snaked SA, he was still Kawhi and didn’t want to team up with Bron.

I love Bron too. I hate that LA got him and they dont deserve him and hate how they tampered and colluded to try and wreck NO.

So yeah, FTL

exstatic
05-18-2020, 02:23 PM
Even when the Lakers are in the midst of an 8 year playoff drought and fighting to win 30 games, they're still on national TV 34 times. There's not a level playing field in the NBA, the scales are always tipped in the Lakers' favor. Every other major sport allows the best teams to rise, the media-darling teams still have to earn it, but the Lakers always get their legacy protected, so that even one of the worst run teams in pro sports can stay competitive. So, they're pretty easy to hate.

It's funny, because the NFL survived and thrived for what, 20+ years with NO team in the LA market. The NBAs biggest financial growth happened during that 8 year Laker drought. Figure it out, NBA headquarters. The thumb on the scale is not necessary. The league does fine not only when the Lakers don't win the title, it does fine when they're golfing by tax day on April 15th.

Dex
05-18-2020, 02:35 PM
Because fuck the Lakers.

Genovaswitness
05-18-2020, 02:43 PM
I never want that POS lebron to win anything ever again.

I want kawhi to win as many championships as possible 1) because he’s awesome and 2) to remind PATFO how fucking inept they are

gambit1990
05-18-2020, 03:47 PM
my hate of the lakers died with kobe.

gambit1990
05-18-2020, 03:49 PM
no, tbh my hate of the lakers stopped a few years ago. no kobe, no hate.

i’ll never get the lebron hate :lmao the dude is the truth. let the man get his ring.

gambit1990
05-18-2020, 03:49 PM
no, tbh my hate of the lakers stopped a few years ago. no kobe, no hate.

i’ll never get the lebron hate :lmao the dude is the truth. let the man get his ring.

Genovaswitness
05-18-2020, 03:55 PM
nothing realer than 3-6 :lmao

TD 21
05-18-2020, 06:12 PM
1. I should have substituted Clippers for Scumbag. The Clippers are merely guilty by association.

2. I'm well versed in the reasons to dislike the Lakers, but how do you not view them as the lesser of two evils? What Scumbag did to the Spurs and how he's benefitted since (granted, their stupidity put him in prime position to) is far and away the worst thing I've ever witnessed in sports, yet many Spurs fans seem to have developed Stockholm syndrome.

Robz4000
05-18-2020, 06:26 PM
1. I should have substituted Clippers for Scumbag. The Clippers are merely guilty by association.

2. I'm well versed in the reasons to dislike the Lakers, but how do you not view them as the lesser of two evils? What Scumbag did to the Spurs and how he's benefitted since (granted, their stupidity put him in prime position to) is far and away the worst thing I've ever witnessed in sports, yet many Spurs fans seem to have developed Stockholm syndrome.

Fuck Nephew and his cancerous uncle; I hope karma hits them in the worst way. That being said, I can't stand the Lakers, 95% of their fanbase, their FO, and all their media knobslobbers.

widowmaker
05-18-2020, 06:30 PM
Maybe some of these phoney bolognies around here can root for for another team other than the Spurs but not me.

barakz21
05-18-2020, 08:07 PM
I haven't like the Clippers since LOB City kicked in. I never like the Lakers.

A cancelled season deprives both LeDrama and Mute Cancer of rings, and wastes a season for both of them. That's a pretty fucking good consolation prize if we have to miss the playoffs.

Streak stays alive AND Spurs get a lottery pick(granted in a weak draft)? I’ll take it.

spurs10
05-18-2020, 11:11 PM

2. I'm well versed in the reasons to dislike the Lakers, but how do you not view them as the lesser of two evils? What Scumbag did to the Spurs and how he's benefitted since (granted, their stupidity put him in prime position to) is far and away the worst thing I've ever witnessed in sports, yet many Spurs fans seem to have developed Stockholm syndrome. Yeah Scumbag covers it and it's not like I have an issue with their team other than Scumbag. However Scumbag is plenty reason to wish them ill will.

FrostKing
05-19-2020, 06:11 AM
nothing realer than 3-6 :lmao
But Lebron never had a Kerr or Buechler!

dbreiden83080
05-19-2020, 12:41 PM
Lakers/Clippers will be a battle.. If they ever get this Fucking Season going again..

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-20-2020, 11:44 AM

The Clippers fvcked their future trading for Paul George. Maybe they'll win a title with him and Kawhi, we'll see. I'm not convinced of that. In 3-4 years they'll be back to being pitiful also-rans. The Lakers will still be relevant because the league will deem it so.

FTL.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-20-2020, 04:37 PM
Fuck the Lakers > Fuck Kawhi.

That's why.

The bigger question for me is, the Rockets or Kawhi? I still can't decide.

Kawhi for sure, I loathe the rockets they’re brutal

gambit1990
05-20-2020, 04:54 PM
i'd be okay with harden getting hurt and WB leading the rockets to a chip. not that that would be very likely.

TD 21
05-20-2020, 05:12 PM
So let me get this straight: Because you're annoyed and/or jealous of the Lakers lot in life on easy street, that supersedes Scumbag decimating the franchise you're all supposedly fans of?

What a cuck mentality. It's like pitiful Raptors fans, thrilled that the team they're supposedly fans of has some part in the "legacy" of someone who pissed on their organization, thinking it'll reflect well.

Genovaswitness
05-20-2020, 07:34 PM
So let me get this straight: Because you're annoyed and/or jealous of the Lakers lot in life on easy street, that supersedes Scumbag decimating the franchise you're all supposedly fans of?

What a cuck mentality. It's like pitiful Raptors fans, thrilled that the team they're supposedly fans of has some part in the "legacy" of someone who pissed on their organization, thinking it'll reflect well.

kawhi would’ve stayed if PATFO wasn’t so fucking inept

bluebellmaniac
05-22-2020, 03:17 AM

Pop has worked his way up to being the big cheese on a franchise that has ringed 5 times under his tenure. He makes millions of $ a year and leads a pretty sweet life. The winningest coach in NBA history coaching, thanks to his leadership, the winningest team in the whole NBA (has a winning % vs EVERY other NBA team). He is destined for the NBA Hall of Fame along with the Big 3.

What is it you do? How much you make? What accomplishments have you done? Who is inept?

exstatic
05-22-2020, 07:28 AM

The thing is, Kawhi's career clock is ticking rather loudly, and some day he'll be gone, but the Lakers will always be the Lakers.

dbreiden83080
05-22-2020, 09:47 AM
We don't really have any reason to hate Lebron.. We got 2 rings off the guy LOL..

exstatic
05-22-2020, 09:50 AM
We don't really have any reason to hate Lebron.. We got 2 rings off the guy LOL..

It's not LeBron, it's the Barney Purple and piss yellow uniform he wears.

dbreiden83080
05-22-2020, 09:52 AM
It's not LeBron, it's the Barney Purple and piss yellow uniform he wears.

Sure.. But for me it is mostly about Fuck You Number 2..

Spurs Homer
05-22-2020, 09:56 AM
Well a few months back...i prayed to god:

”lord- i know im a fuck up- shit - i dont even believe in you....but i dont give a shit what you have to do- just dont let either the clippers or lakers win a title this year- whatever it takes!”

then the Rona happened

so

stop blaming trump- or at least blame him for the 100k dead since he practically killed them all on his own

But blame me for wishing those two teams to be cursed

- no title for lakers or clippers hahahahahaha!

exstatic
05-22-2020, 10:53 AM
Sure.. But for me it is mostly about Fuck You Number 2..

I don't like either now, and didn't like The Clippers during Lob City, but as I stated before, Kawhi's career is winding down due to his chronic condition. When he retires or leaves, I won't dislike the Clippers any more. I'll always hate the Lakers. It's in my DNA.

TD 21
05-22-2020, 10:57 AM
The thing is, Kawhi's career clock is ticking rather loudly, and some day he'll be gone, but the Lakers will always be the Lakers.

All the more reason to prefer the Lakers currently, because it'll only be temporary.

pad300
05-22-2020, 04:01 PM
Well a few months back...i prayed to god:

”lord- i know im a fuck up- shit - i dont even believe in you....but i dont give a shit what you have to do- just dont let either the clippers or lakers win a title this year- whatever it takes!”

then the Rona happened

so

stop blaming trump- or at least blame him for the 100k dead since he practically killed them all on his own

But blame me for wishing those two teams to be cursed

- no title for lakers or clippers hahahahahaha!

You weren't the only one praying for that... It just goes to show, beware what you pray for, God has a habit of giving it to you ...good and hard.

rascal
05-22-2020, 04:35 PM
Because the Lakers beat up on the Spurs through the years.

Genovaswitness
05-23-2020, 07:50 AM
Pop has worked his way up to being the big cheese on a franchise that has ringed 5 times under his tenure. He makes millions of $ a year and leads a pretty sweet life. The winningest coach in NBA history coaching, thanks to his leadership, the winningest team in the whole NBA (has a winning % vs EVERY other NBA team). He is destined for the NBA Hall of Fame along with the Big 3.

What is it you do? How much you make? What accomplishments have you done? Who is inept?

we're in a basketball thread LOL look at the current state of the team LOL

bluebellmaniac
05-23-2020, 09:27 AM
we're in a basketball thread LOL look at the current state of the team LOL

The current state of the team is not Pops fault. It is the result of Dennis and is rumored to have involved improper talks between Dennis and the Fakers on having 2 sit out so he'd be in better physical condition for a trade to them. Despite that, we have a great core of players coming along, but I agree they need more time. But they also need to buy into the winning mindset and philosophy that Pop demands.

weeks
05-23-2020, 12:22 PM

:lol just imagine, being this retarded in 2020
after kawhi ditched the raps and an easy ride to the finals every year to go home

Genovaswitness
05-24-2020, 07:22 AM
The current state of the team is not Pops fault. It is the result of Dennis and is rumored to have involved improper talks between Dennis and the Fakers on having 2 sit out so he'd be in better physical condition for a trade to them. Despite that, we have a great core of players coming along, but I agree they need more time. But they also need to buy into the winning mindset and philosophy that Pop demands.

fair enough. our core guys should really only be Murray and white. Everyone else is expendable

Pelicans78
05-24-2020, 07:33 AM
Let’s not forget how many Spurs fans became Heat fans when Lebron joined just because they were tired of seeing the Lakers win. For some reason, many Spurs have that softness inside of them.