PDA

View Full Version : Would you offer Odom max?

baseline bum
07-15-2003, 06:49 PM
I think it will take significantly overpaying Odom to get him out of LA. I would do it, because there aren't any other better, realistic options for the Spurs anymore. They really don't need to spend on depth other than possibly adding a new back-up point to replace Speedy. The Spurs can pay Odom max and have $1.5 left for a point.

Should they make this offer?

timvp
07-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Do it.

It's a risk but saved cap space don't make none.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2003, 06:52 PM
:smokin2 :drunk :makemyday

baseline bum
07-15-2003, 06:53 PM
I'm with you, timvp. Cap space can't score or play D. Cap space won't win a title and it can't be saved to land a good player next year.

SpursWoman
07-15-2003, 06:53 PM
If the unthinkable happens and our offer to Brand is matched, hell yes. Just as long as the Spurs get a Dumbass Exception should he fail his last drug test in the NBA. :)

Mark in Austin
07-15-2003, 06:54 PM
If Sterling matches for Brand... offer something similar for Odom. Make that fucker pay to keep those players.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-15-2003, 06:58 PM
Odom is not a max player.

He has the potential of a max player, but he's not a max player right now.

Odom hasn't proven he can survive an entire season and avoid both injury and/or suspension. Why risk that much money on him?

Offer less than the max, but make an offer.

ducks
07-15-2003, 06:58 PM
I might offer max but not 20 million up front

IcemanCometh
07-15-2003, 06:59 PM
might as well
i mean we offered rasho a contract

baseline bum
07-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Why not pay him a larger amount upfront? The Spurs have to do something to scare the shit out of Sterling if they don't want to be matched. It's a risk, but it's less of a risk than going into next season with Radosoft Nesterovich as your main acquisition and trying to win a title.

SequSpur
07-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Hell Yeah...

Max + Quarter Bag and a New Bong!

ducks
07-15-2003, 07:05 PM
I would rather trade then do that

Ghost Writer
07-15-2003, 07:05 PM
I would if it comes to that. Odom is worth around $10 million considering PJ Brown just got that.

Has anyone considered offering Sterling a S&T for Odom?

Question.

:cooldevil

baseline bum
07-15-2003, 07:07 PM
I would rather trade then do that

Trade for who? Sprewell? GRob?

ducks
07-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Toni Kukoc would be avaible bucks sure do not want to pay the luxury tax this year

spree would be
big dog would be

spurs would be FUCKED IF ODOM GOT CAUGHT AGAIN

they may not be as good as odom but much safer

*&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Gilbert Arenas I would rather sign then throw the max at odom

baseline bum
07-15-2003, 07:26 PM
I don't get it... you were one of the mani people against Kidd but now you want to bring in a point guard who's pretty similar to Parker instead of the best point in the league who's game is vastly different?

ducks
07-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Arenas is from az for one thing.

and his natural postion is shooting guard not point guard

and tp still would be the point

if kidd came in he would be the point and force tp to move over

oh marburay is better then kidd

besides that the wizzards are thinking of offering Arenas 6.2 million the spurs could still sign someone else

X
07-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Ducks,

Enough with the whole "he's gonna get caught with weed again."

How long has it been since the last one? A year? He's not Mighty Mouse.

baseline bum
07-15-2003, 07:32 PM
Arenas is a flavor of the month. I wouldn't thorw huge money at him and lose Manu for one OK season and a bad attitude.

ducks
07-15-2003, 07:32 PM
how many players got arrested this year so far?

QUESTION

It is a matter of TIME

his bad attitude is blown way out of proption

you put him on a winning team he will be fine

atleast he will be playing and not suspened in the nba

and everyone before the offseason said they would not mind odom for less then the max but know everyone wants to throw max money at him

X
07-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Oh yes, what a GREAT INDICATOR on how much time Odom has until gets a third strike.

Maybe he quit? Maybe he doesn't do it as often.

Hey, a bunch of old hollywood stars are dieing... just a matter of time 'til Stevie Wonder and Sherly Temple are next. :rolleyes

GrandeDavid
07-15-2003, 07:38 PM
I couldn't have said it any better than Spurswoman did!

spurster
07-15-2003, 08:42 PM
After looking at Odom's stats, I cannot believe anybody would be willing to offer him the max. He has played less than 1/2 of the games the past two years. He is one drug violation away from a permanent suspension. His efficiency/game is 15.9, just a little above Rasho's 14.8. What are you guys smoking and where can I get some too?

SPURS21
07-15-2003, 09:30 PM
I'd give him the max if worse comes to worse, hell we payed Steve Smith a shit load of cash last year

gunawanspurs
07-15-2003, 11:13 PM
I think with a 8.5-9.5 mil of starting salary 6 yrs contract offer, Sterling wouldn't dare to match that offering.

Especially, if he already signs Brand first. He might indeed decide to choose Magette instead Odom, fact that his contract is cheaper and not quite a risk compared to Odom.

5.5 mil for Nesterovich, 9 mil for Odom, that would still leave us around 1.5 mil of caproom. Erik Piatkowski as the next signing would be nice IMHO, having him as a specialty player, specialized in hitting a three to bust any zone D we might face next season.

MannyIsGod
07-15-2003, 11:16 PM
We lose the capspace after this season anyhow.

It's not my money, I say gamble with it.

SlayerMin
07-16-2003, 04:26 AM
Lamar would be a risk but if you have watched him play, you can't deny he is a special player.

He's 6'10, long, and athletic. His handles are as good as most point guards. He has a midrange game with 3pt range on his jumper. He's a good foul shooter.

Injuries have plagued him the last two seasons but he looked healthy when he came back.

I would love Lamar Odom as a Spur. Rasho won't seem so bad then.