PDA

View Full Version : School shooting threat

Leetonidas
11-07-2005, 12:16 AM
I heard that at the school I got to, Warren HS, there's supposed to be a shooting tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm kinda nervous. I'm not hearing anything on the news but it's all over the wire throughout the people at school.

I heard some football players were picking on some kids and they wrote a note threatening to shoot up the school...

Scary.

Boo
11-07-2005, 12:44 AM
crazy ass motha fuckas

columbine 2

Kdfelicity
11-07-2005, 03:05 PM
I remember after 9/11 we got bomb threats at Reagan H.S. just about every week for a little while there...

We even had them at Churchill H.S. every now and then...

We'd spend all day outside laying around doing nothing till they told us it was ok to go back in...

LuvBones
11-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Half the school will be absent those days, just don't go.

SpursWoman
11-07-2005, 03:10 PM
They had one at Krueger Middle School at the end of last year...my brother kept my nephew home. WTF is wrong with these people?

:wtf

CharlieMac
11-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Obviously, the solution to this is to ban MySpace across the state.

Vashner
11-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Make a pit of mud and let them fight for a couple hours.. they will be best friends the next day.

King
11-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Are you going to say anything to anyone? Because if this were to go down - and you, nor anyone else has said anything about it despite knowing about it - it's partially on your head, too.

Leetonidas
11-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Everyone knows. We had the option to leave school today. Almost everyone left, including me and my girlfriend.

Vashner
11-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Strip search!

2Blonde
11-07-2005, 03:36 PM
It was one of the lead stories on KSAT at noon. They ran it about every 15 minutes. I went on to myspace to look but I have a question....How do you search for these things. The search function doesn't seem to go anywhere when I use it. I type in schools in SA but it keeps giving me like a million responses from everywhere in the US and not just schools.

nkdlunch
11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Dear Parents,
Classes will be cancelled tomorrow due to a shooting being scheduled for that date.

Sincerely,
The Principal

samikeyp
11-07-2005, 03:42 PM
The pussification of America's youth continues...going on almost a decade now.

Vashner
11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
They just covered it on WOAI AM. They said the originating website Myspace should also be responsible for "reporting" etc..

lol.. :)

ZStomp
11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Can you tell administration?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Wear a bullet proof vest like "Fitty"

Shelly
11-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Sequ and pseudo, doesn't your daughter go to Warren?

50 cent
11-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Hmmm....a scheduled shooting. Pretty innovative stuff.

SequSpur
11-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Sequ and pseudo, doesn't your daughter go to Warren?

Yeah, I just woke up, so let me get an update.

midgetonadonkey
11-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Damn kids today with their baggy pants and their hip-hop music.

SequSpur
11-07-2005, 04:54 PM
She just said that they stayed home today and the kids that went to school were sent home as well. Nothing different than the website.

From what I heard last night was something to do with Taft but not sure.

boutons
11-07-2005, 05:00 PM
This is America, you have the right to bear arms, take one, and blow that mutha all over the hallway.

Marklar MM
11-07-2005, 05:13 PM
That sucks.

angel_luv
11-07-2005, 06:31 PM
What a stupid, cruel prank!
My friend goes to Warren. Said there was hardly anyone there. If I had kids, they wouldn't have gone either.

atlfan25
11-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Warren??

That seems about right.

Some ghetto folk up in there.

Vashner
11-07-2005, 06:48 PM
It's on drudge now lol.. story is blowuptuating.

ALVAREZ6
11-07-2005, 06:52 PM
There was a shooting threat last year at my school, and there was a hit list of 10 people's names spray painted on the wall in red. They were all supposed to get shot, but none did.

My friend actually painted a red target on a white t-shirt and wore it too school...

Marklar MM
11-07-2005, 07:00 PM
My friend actually painted a red target on a white t-shirt and wore it too school...

He is askin for it.

samikeyp
11-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Alvarez, you are in high school....do kids fight anymore or do they just puss out and bring weapons? Use to be that if you got into it with someone, you fought, and got over it. Now, kids bring weapons to school to prove you are a man. Sad.

Leetonidas
11-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Warren??

That seems about right.

Some ghetto folk up in there.

What are you retarded? Warren is like one of the nicest schools on a good side of town.

3rdCoast
11-07-2005, 07:29 PM
What are you retarded? Warren is like one of the nicest schools on a good side of town.

Most of the areas that go to Warren are nice. The neighborhood with Rhett and OHara are alright and the gated neighborhoods right across and next to Warren are real nice.

I have known a few people from there and they all said Warren was a good school with minimal problems. Warren is a solid school.

SequSpur
11-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Warren is one of the newer schools, its very nice on the inside and the amenities are good too.

The Theatre Arts facilities are out of this world. Also, they have every practice field you can think of.

My daughter stayed home today. They were all very scared and we knew about this situation yesterday, but I hadn't had an update as of how the day went.

All high schools have issues because they basically let the kids do whatever they want. Warren is an open school and you can come and go as you please and every now and then they call you with an automated machine saying your child missed one or 2 classes. It's kind've stupid. You can no longer trust dropping your kids off anymore because the schools, teachers, principals, etc. don't give a fuck or their rules are to turn the other cheek.

Oh well........

3rdCoast
11-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Warren is one of the newer schools, its very nice on the inside and the amenities are good too.

The Theatre Arts facilities are out of this world. Also, they have every practice field you can think of.

My daughter stayed home today. They were all very scared and we knew about this situation yesterday, but I hadn't had an update as of how the day went.

All high schools have issues because they basically let the kids do whatever they want. Warren is an open school and you can come and go as you please and every now and then they call you with an automated machine saying your child missed one or 2 classes. It's kind've stupid. You can no longer trust dropping your kids off anymore because the schools, teachers, principals, etc. don't give a fuck or their rules are to turn the other cheek.

Oh well........

man i thought u lived off zarzamora

atlfan25
11-07-2005, 08:31 PM
I know it well.

Still ghetto people there, I am by no means surprised.

Puppy Dog
11-07-2005, 08:48 PM
I heard that at the school I got to, Warren HS, there's supposed to be a shooting tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm kinda nervous. I'm not hearing anything on the news but it's all over the wire throughout the people at school.

I heard some football players were picking on some kids and they wrote a note threatening to shoot up the school...

Scary.

the right to bear arms should be limited to 2 guns per person max, and 30 and up only, unless they have served in combat.

then? when stuff like this happens? we know who's gun it is. they can be held responsible. any gun found with the serial# scraped off would be punishable by a prison sentence.

lets get tough and end this bullshit.

Leetonidas
11-07-2005, 11:18 PM

Oh well........

We have a baseball, soccer, football, track, tennis, and basketball practice field. Dunno about the Swim and Water Polo team, and I don't know if we have a golf team.

Tomorrow is going to be tense, but I'm going to school.

TheWriter
11-07-2005, 11:59 PM
I know it well.

Seeing how it opened in 2002, I'm shocked you know it well or its students. Unless you're 15.

Otherwise, stop hanging around 15 year olds!

atlfan25
11-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Fuck Me.

The Writer Has Outed Me As Having Known A Student At Warren When It Opened. What Ever Shall I Do.

I Think I Will Create Another Name To Try And Start Over After This Embarrassment.

How Does Threedoorsdown Sound?

Leetonidas
11-08-2005, 01:01 AM

Oh goodness, I think I'm going to lock my bedroom door tonight...

ALVAREZ6
11-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Alvarez, you are in high school....do kids fight anymore or do they just puss out and bring weapons? Use to be that if you got into it with someone, you fought, and got over it. Now, kids bring weapons to school to prove you are a man. Sad.
No normally there are fights but this gun bullshit happens once in a I have no idea how long. A kid on my football team got in a fight with some kid. The football player is probably the strongest guy on the team. What happen was these two kids don't get along to well, and the kid was talking about the football player's girl. So the kid reaches into the school bad in front of him, and I guess the football player thought he was reaching for a weapon or some shit, and as soon as he lifted his head, he got it square on the jaw, tumbled backwards down 10 steps, and was knocked cold. He broke a couple bones in his face and had a concusion.

Mixability
11-08-2005, 09:45 AM
No normally there are fights but this gun bullshit happens once in a I have no idea how long. A kid on my football team got in a fight with some kid. The football player is probably the strongest guy on the team. What happen was these two kids don't get along to well, and the kid was talking about the football player's girl. So the kid reaches into the school bad in front of him, and I guess the football player thought he was reaching for a weapon or some shit, and as soon as he lifted his head, he got it square on the jaw, tumbled backwards down 10 steps, and was knocked cold. He broke a couple bones in his face and had a concusion.

to quote Friday: "You got knocked the Fuck out!" :lol

Duncan21
11-08-2005, 12:06 PM
what the hell is wrong with american schools?

why is there school shootings and stuff?

Puppy Dog
11-08-2005, 12:40 PM

This is due to easy access to guns and apathetic parents.

since you cant fix bad parenting overnight, maybe ever.

you have to get rid of the guns.

due to the 'right to bear arms'.

they cannot be disposed of easily.

however, i do believe they can be limited and meticulously tracked via liscencing.

2 guns per adult, 21 and over, MAX.

whatever guns they want, but only 2.

anyone found in possesion of a gun that is not theirs or a gun that does not have it's serial number will be punished by stiff fines and prison.

that takes care of future guns.

now for the guns already out there and the ones that will be smuggled?

you can't stop those.

only get rid of them little by little.

so now what?

You have to have metal detectors at each and every school in America.

And make EVERY student and faculty member enter and exit through this detected point.

That is the Only way to be sure.

The sad fact is...Evil finds a way...it's inherant to the nature of man. :depressed

50 cent
11-08-2005, 12:44 PM
So, did they find out who started the rumors or if this was a real threat? It's Tuesday and nobody's been blasted yet. Are they just going to keep school closed? What if there are more threats that it will be on Thursday? This seems like a genius move to get a week off from school.

Mixability
11-08-2005, 12:59 PM

Bad parents don't take responsibility for their kids actions, they just blame it on video games. :rolleyes But then again these same parents consider late night TV and an XBox a good babysitter! :pctoss

Extra Stout
11-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Says the guy who posts on an NSYNC forum.

Kip Fanatic
11-08-2005, 01:04 PM
I remember one time I was walking to class and I saw these two guys about to fight. Before the smaller guy could throw a punch, the bigger guy had punched him right in the face. The smaller guy fell and pissed in his pants. This isn't made up.

That was in '96 though. I think guns have been a problem since around the early 90's. I'm surprised shootings at schools haven't made more news since every song on a hip hop station seems to inlcude lyrics about carrying one.

Kip Fanatic
11-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Before I get hated on let me explain myself. I am not saying hip hop music is the reason wny young people are going out and doing all these crazy things. I think its a lot of different things. However, I remember I my parents always checking to see what I was doing. I couldn't watch TV alone in my room for long periods of time when I was young. My mom or dad would always come in whever they pleased because they ruled.

I remember them always checking on me when I would go next door or wherever. I got busted for smoking cigs next door and got my butt whipped by my dad like never before. Now of days parents give their children too much freedom. I don't go to the movie theatre on Friday and Saturday nights anymore because its like a day care. Nothing but young people from the ages 11-16 hanging out there. Guys all over girls and vice versa. Its crazy.

Puppy Dog
11-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Before I get hated on let me explain myself. I am not saying hip hop music is the reason wny young people are going out and doing all these crazy things. I think its a lot of different things. However, I remember I my parents always checking to see what I was doing. I couldn't watch TV alone in my room for long periods of time when I was young. My mom or dad would always come in whever they pleased because they ruled.

I remember them always checking on me when I would go next door or wherever. I got busted for smoking cigs next door and got my butt whipped by my dad like never before. Now of days parents give their children too much freedom. I don't go to the movie theatre on Friday and Saturday nights anymore because its like a day care. Nothing but young people from the ages 11-16 hanging out there. Guys all over girls and vice versa. Its crazy.

what you are talking about it the trickle down affect.

Parents, as a whole, are getting more and more leniant, apathetic with each generation.

Imagine the kind of parents those kids you saw will make one day. :depressed

The Time is NOW, to put a stop to the bullshit.

How?

Well, since kids today are so influenced by the hip hop culure?

It is time to fight fire with ice.

Old School is Back...watch for it. :tu

Shelly
11-08-2005, 06:00 PM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1513255/20051108/index.jhtml?headlines=true

:(

A Jacksboro, Tennessee, high school student shot and killed his vice principal and wounded his principal and another administrator on Tuesday (November 8) before being taken into custody.

According to the Tennessee Education Department,

[-70512]

Campbell County High School Assistant Principal Ken Bruce was killed and Assistant Principal Jim Pearce and Principal Gary Seale were wounded, the latter as he attempted to stop the student.

The Campbell County Sheriff's Department confirmed two victims were airlifted to hospitals in Knoxville, although further details were unavailable.

No students were injured and the school was immediately placed under lockdown after the shooting occurred sometime between 2:30 and 3 p.m.

The student reportedly concealed his pistol under a napkin.

About 1,400 students attend Campbell County High School, located about 30 miles northwest of Knoxville.

Tuesday's high school shooting comes just eight months after 16-year-old Jeff Weise killed a teacher, a security guard, five students, his grandfather and companion, and himself in Red Lake, Minnesota (see "High School Shooter Reportedly Admired Hitler, Was Previously Investigated").

That was the deadliest school shooting in the U.S. since 18-year-old Eric Harris and 17-year-old Dylan Klebold killed 12 students and a teacher before turning their guns on themselves at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, on April 20, 1999 (see "Columbine Shooters' Parents Fight Release Of Homemade Videos").

If you ever see a student carrying a weapon or hear talk of plans for violence, you can anonymously call (866) SPEAK-UP toll free and the tip will be forwarded to the proper local authorities.

For more information, see "How You Can Help Prevent Another School Shooting."

[This story was originally published on 11.08.05 at 3:54 p.m. ET]

— Corey Moss

Leetonidas
11-09-2005, 12:52 AM
So, did they find out who started the rumors or if this was a real threat? It's Tuesday and nobody's been blasted yet. Are they just going to keep school closed? What if there are more threats that it will be on Thursday? This seems like a genius move to get a week off from school.

I hear they caught one of the kids. School wasn't closed, but today there was a bomb threat. Someone thought it would be funny during 4th period and started a fire in the stairwell, prompting the fire alarms to go off, and everyone at lunch freaked out.

The thing that bothers me, is that now NISD is trying to monitor what we do on MySpace (and I don't mean at school, I mean outside) and apparently we can get expelled for having anything deemed "inappropriate" by the district, and that's total bullshit.

Guys all over girls and vice versa. Its crazy.

Well geez, not all of us get a lot of freedom. Me and my girlfriend used to go to the movies as a haven from her parents and their rules, and now we can't even go alone because they think we're having sex in the theatre or something. I can't speak for the guys and gals who are all over each other, because me and her aren't ramming our tounges down each others throat when everyone can see us (we do makeout during the movie as many couples do) but we are affectionate, and I will admit that the guys and girls that go around pulling the chick's thong out of her ass in the lobby is kinda odd. But, that's kinda what the movies is...a place for teens to go and hang out with each other, and it's a popular place for dates.

pseudofan
11-09-2005, 12:57 AM
You should get to bed, you MIGHT have school tomorrow! lol

Leetonidas
11-09-2005, 03:11 PM
You should get to bed, you MIGHT have school tomorrow! lol

:lol

I'm at school right now. :sleep

usckk
11-09-2005, 03:41 PM
There is a school shooting at Knoxville tennessee today. The VC got shot.