PDA

View Full Version : ESPN SC reporting Kandi to Wolves for MLE

gospurs21
07-16-2003, 01:08 AM
Well I guess signings can begin.

This guys stock has really fallen since last year, when some had him pegged as Max type player.

Go Spurs...

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2003, 01:11 AM
Yep saw that.

ALSPURS
07-16-2003, 01:11 AM
We could have got him for the MLE???

:rolleyes :

gospurs21
07-16-2003, 01:13 AM
ALSPURS,
I guess that shows you what Pop and RC think about him.

Go Spurs...

ducks
07-16-2003, 01:15 AM
sterling will match that shit

god ghost will go off tomorrow

genghisrex
07-16-2003, 01:15 AM
Kandi's unrestricted -- there's nothing to match.

ALSPURS
07-16-2003, 01:16 AM
Wow....

Kandi really must stink if he could not even get over the MLE ....even from Miami.

Thats were I thought he was going....

I guess you are right GO SPURS21!

DeSPURado
Kandi is unrestricted Sterling can't match that shit.

ducks
my bad

:cuss

KoriEllis
07-16-2003, 01:19 AM
Kandi was not coveted by the Spurs for some reason. It's not like they went after him and he chose the Wolves.

genghisrex
07-16-2003, 01:25 AM
If there was no market for him it's not like he had much choice, but Kandi is signing a risky deal here. 3-years at the MLE will get him his Bird Rights in Minny, but he'll be 31 by the time he's up for a new contract, which drastically drops his chances for a big payday unless the T'Wolves have promised him some kind of compensation (if so I hope he got it in writing :wink ). I think it would've been safer for him to either sign a Keon Clark type deal and possibly test FA next year or just go ahead and sign for 6-years at the MLE.

ducks
07-16-2003, 01:27 AM
yeah strange deal and if kg signs that exention wolves could have no money and yes I know they can go over the cap to sign him

gospurs21
07-16-2003, 01:30 AM
rex - (if so I hope he got it in writing).

cold but funny as he!!

Go Spurs...

ShoogarBear
07-16-2003, 01:33 AM
On the other hand, looking at it strictly in basketball terms, the Wolves have now upgraded at center, while the Spurs have at best treaded water, and more likely lost a little.

TheCat5
07-16-2003, 01:39 AM
The Wolves have "upgraded" at center? It should tell you something when the Wolves waited until Rasho turned down over 50 million dollars to sign Olowokandi to 16 million. The Spurs and Wolves, two of the better management teams around, both preferred Rasho to Kandi by a very large amount. That speaks volumes, imo.

Solid D
07-16-2003, 01:44 AM
How do you figure, Shoogar?

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2003, 01:49 AM
The Sky is Falling.

Expect his eminence Ghostus Writus to confirm that tomorrow.

F7
07-16-2003, 01:55 AM
NEWS FLASH:

Wolves will still suffer a round 1 knockout from ___insert WC team here___ in the playoffs.

IcemanCometh
07-16-2003, 01:57 AM
put it this way
they both stink

gunawanspurs
07-16-2003, 01:59 AM
In general, i think they're in the same basket of market value ( should be ).

Kandi's better defensively ( stronger, rebound adv. )

Rasho's more suitable to the Spurs offensively ( his face the basket game ) -and better overall compared to Kandi ( his MUCH BETTER FG % ).

Kandi's more athletic naturally.

Rasho's more cerebral and has a better work ethic as well.

For the Spurs, Rasho > Kandi ( his better FG% and face up game, coachability, and attitude )

For Minny, Kandi => Rasho ( a stronger post defender, a -somewhat- better post player with that ugly looking hook shot to complement KG's perimeter game ).

I think those are fair assessments to boot.

My take at the Kingsfans.com forum. :)

ShoogarBear
07-16-2003, 02:43 AM
Both are inconsistent, but Kandi much more likely to throw a 20-10 at you. He is much more likely to be the number 1 or 2 scoring option on any given night, and is the better defender.

It's actually a big upgrade for Minny, since they need a low-post player. And they get him for a lot less than Rasho. The Twolves with KG/Kandi are much scarier than KG/Rasho.

I don't understand what Kandi and his agent were thinking. If his market dropped that much, they should have just called a Mulligan on last year, signed a one-year deal then gone out and earned the big check for next time.

MI21
07-16-2003, 02:48 AM
Minnesota seem to have really gone all out his offseason.

Apparently they are impressed with there draft pick, picked up Cassell and Kandi.

Not bad.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-16-2003, 03:20 AM
Man, I can't believe Kandi went for so little! Now I am the anti-Kandi, don't like him at all, but him for 16mil would've suited us better than Rasho at 50mil... unless Pop, RC and Tim think Rasho can improve vastly, which I guess they do!

timvp
07-16-2003, 03:28 AM
I guess its a good sign that both the Spurs and T'Wolves believe that Rasho > Kandi. I think that Kandi is better, but there must be something we don't know that makes this a more obvious choice.

Hopefully the Spurs don't end up looking stupid when it all pans out.

:o

grjr
07-16-2003, 03:37 AM
Maybe Kandi's knee isn't real great and he couldn't gamble on a 1 year deal.

Truthsayer
07-16-2003, 04:15 AM
Agreed. Kandi must be seriously damaged goods or a real locker room cancer otherwise he should have signed a one year deal to improve his market value. Lots of teams could have offered him MLE. Utah, Miami, and Denver could have offered him more. Even Cuban didn't seem to make a play for him. And there was no Kandi noise from New York who missed out on the Rasho sweepstakes. If Pop is wrong on this one then he has a lot of company.

Minny was desperate because they have no bigs left after failing to land Juwan Howard and then losing their starting center. I'll bet there is a whole lot more to this story that hasn't leaked out yet.