PDA

View Full Version : Keldon to have dominant primary role in the future for San Antonio Spurs?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Dejounte
06-08-2020, 01:16 PM
"...see him sort of take over that dominant primary role for us was encouraging to see. Because, that's where we can ultimately pinpoint him long-term for San Antonio."

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/a-chat-with-austin-spurs-gm-landry-fields-the-spurs-rookies

jeebus
06-08-2020, 01:21 PM
Not sure if he has a role in a team built around the cornerstone, Bryn Forbes.

From Downtown
06-08-2020, 01:45 PM
I absolutely love the guy, he looks like such a great teammate and he showed good things in the last stint of the regular season
Still not sure bout what his ceiling us, but I think he has a really good floor

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-08-2020, 01:54 PM
I absolutely love the guy, he looks like such a great teammate and he showed good things in the last stint of the regular season
Still not sure bout what his ceiling us, but I think he has a really good floor

I agree. His ceiling depends on his handle and ability to drive in the pros as well as his 3P efficiency ( just like for everyone else in today's NBA ) but I think a taller Norman Powell would be a very good outcome.

Kevin
06-08-2020, 02:03 PM
I see Paul Pierce. His game on offense was mostly power drives to the hoop and hitting open three pointers. Not sure if he'll ever be the play-maker that PP was.

Dejounte
06-08-2020, 02:14 PM
I've said this from the beginning. I see a less offense Harden with better defense

Russ
06-08-2020, 03:31 PM
I see what I've seen from the beginning:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279540&p=9812714&viewfull=1#post9812714

Atl Spur
06-08-2020, 03:56 PM
Starter or our new 6th man ( manu light )

spurspl
06-08-2020, 03:57 PM
answering the question in the title: no.

From Downtown
06-08-2020, 06:01 PM
Starter or our new 6th man ( manu light )
I don't know about Manu lite, cos Manu wasn't just a scorer and energizer but also an elite facilitator and often what turned good/okay bench players around him into such an effective bench unit
Said that, I think he has the motor and mindset to have a lot of success as a bench piece, but he may become too good for that

keithington1
06-08-2020, 06:24 PM
He needs to work on his handle, shot confidence, and dribble pull up. He's kinda like Westbrook with less dribble explosion less vision. If he keeps working he's a starter. He is a 3 that can play the 2 and the 4. If he never improves, which he will, he's still a glue guy.

DPG21920
06-09-2020, 08:06 AM
I really like Keldon but as I’ve said all along I’m not sure what I think about his game working in the nba. I mean he works hard enough and is talented enough to probably be a for sure decent role player but those that are really high on him as any more than that?

I’ve just not seen it personally yet. Still young but I’m really unsure about him having even high end elite role player ability but obviously he’s talented and works hard enough to be good. We will see.

But he’s a breath of fresh air when it comes to energy and hustle

C-Dub
06-09-2020, 12:18 PM
KJ has the most potential of any of our younger guys when it comes to 2 way player offense/defense. In the next 2 years after this season, the Spurs are going to get new players via draft, free agency or trade but with what they have now excluding any new players from Draft etc, I see the Spurs best potential young players in this order:

1. KJ
2. LW4
3. DJM
4. Luka
5. White
6. Poeltl
7. Lyles
8. Eubanks
9. Metu
10. Forbes

All based off potential.

phxspurfan
06-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Our Kobe Stopper

KobesAchilles
06-09-2020, 12:26 PM
Our Kobe Stopper
Keldon “The Helicopter” Johnson

B1gduff
06-09-2020, 01:05 PM
I think Paul Pierce is a good comp for keldon, Keldon's game is based on him as well. I don't think Keldon will be the offensives player PP was.

The floor would be a player equivalent to Green/Bowen. Which i think he has exceeded.

2 plays that are really good comp for keldon and fit his playstyle, are PJ Tucker and Andre iguodala.

spurspl
06-09-2020, 01:34 PM
I think Paul Pierce is a good comp for keldon, Keldon's game is based on him as well. I don't think Keldon will be the offensives player PP was.

The floor would be a player equivalent to Green/Bowen. Which i think he has exceeded.

2 plays that are really good comp for keldon and fit his playstyle, are PJ Tucker and Andre iguodala.

keldon like paul pierce XD pls....

HankChinaski
06-09-2020, 02:25 PM
Why do people still insist on using the term 2 way player?

It's the only way you are suppose to play basketball. F'ing media pundants and sportcasters should chow down a bag of dicks everytime they mention it.

Dejounte
06-09-2020, 03:36 PM
Keldon's build is more like Kobe, Harden... Thats why I dont see the Pierce comps. Pierce had a 7'1" wingspan.

TD 21
06-09-2020, 04:05 PM
They're just at the stage where they're looking for one of these young guys to at least have mentality to conceivably grow into a star. I seriously doubt they have any confidence in Johnson (or any of them, with the possible exception of Walker) actually doing so, but he at least clearly has the disposition to make a difference, along with decent physical tools.

I agree. His ceiling depends on his handle and ability to drive in the pros as well as his 3P efficiency ( just like for everyone else in today's NBA ) but I think a taller Norman Powell would be a very good outcome.

Yeah, I've mentioned Powell (he's more athletic though) before as a good comp. Both powerfully built "dogs", who seem like they'll maximize whatever their ceiling is.

Butler is actually probably the best comp, but it's obviously highly unlikely he'll get anywhere near a top 10-15 player level.

Prime BEEF
06-10-2020, 05:40 AM
Nope but hopefully he can become a consistent solid bench player

lmbebo
06-10-2020, 12:00 PM
believe he'll has the potential to have a long nba career. Don't know who to compare him to. But I think he'll will be a borderline starter versus 6th man role potential. Energy on defense could impact game. Not sure what his offensive potential is. Think he'll be at 10-15 ppg kind of player capable of having the bigger scoring games.

Russ
06-10-2020, 01:02 PM
KJ is clever. An underrated quality that's hard to quantify.

But you know it when you see it.

8FOR!3
06-10-2020, 11:30 PM
I like that he's consistently aggressive. Some of the other guys disappear on offense at times (Murray/White/Walker) but Keldon is constantly attacking the basket when he has a chance to and he's got a good feel for when he can.

Dejounte
06-10-2020, 11:34 PM
A lot of Keldon doubters in this thread will eat crow in about one year. You heard it from here first. I'm one of the first to believe he will be our first star from this group.

John B
06-11-2020, 02:06 PM
A lot of Keldon doubters in this thread will eat crow in about one year. You heard it from here first. I'm one of the first to believe he will be our first star from this group.
He's a workhorse and I like him a lot. But DJ has the charisma the media loves. He'll be in there first.

wildbill2u
06-11-2020, 04:19 PM
believe he'll has the potential to have a long nba career. Don't know who to compare him to. But I think he'll will be a borderline starter versus 6th man role potential. Energy on defense could impact game. Not sure what his offensive potential is. Think he'll be at 10-15 ppg kind of player capable of having the bigger scoring games.

Thinking about a player comparison, I went back before many of the current ST fans were around. Comparisons are largely fantasies, but I'll put this guy forward for discussion. George Karl. He wasn't the best player on the team, but he played with enormous energy and BB IQ on both ends. During his career here, George was known for his many battles with a 250 pound forward and ABA great named George McGinnis who played at Indiana. Karl would take charge after charge from McG and it would enrage the guy. It became a true war between them in every game. Neither man quit. Back in the day there was a lot more contact allowed and some of the fouls and collisions were truly brutal. Big men in shorts beating the hell out of each other was a tremendous draw for fans.

I can't say Keldon will develop rivalries like this, but he could. His bulldog tenacity on defense can get to the head of some players if they are matched up regularly with similar minutes. And if he gets pesky with a superstar it will be a lot of fun to see the Superstar react. Games within games, eh?

TimDunkem
06-11-2020, 06:05 PM
He'll be either P.J. Tucker or Malik Hairston.

look_at_g_shred
06-12-2020, 09:42 AM
He's a workhorse and I like him a lot. But DJ has the charisma the media loves. He'll be in there first.
......but from what i've seen. Keldon is more emotional on court, like after a big rebound or bucket. I've seen him show that emotion by yelling out just like Westbrook does. Fans/media eat that shit up.

Dejounte
06-12-2020, 10:28 AM
PJ Tucker is such an awful comp and im not sure where that starts from. His size? PJ has nowhere near the driving ability that Keldon has

alpha_HaZE
06-13-2020, 03:59 PM
At 20 years old, he quietly put up STATS in the developmental league that are comparable to Derrick's rookie season (who was much older at that time) and better than DJ and Lonnie. If he can improve his three point shooting, he has a chance to become special.

poopbox
06-18-2020, 11:27 PM
BIG BODY :cry

Gorepopovich
06-19-2020, 12:37 AM
¿?

ace3g
06-29-2020, 07:32 PM
Keldon prepping for the season by hog hunting.

CBUtZfiJMs_

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-30-2020, 11:30 AM
Already one of my favorite (current) Spurs players.

Maddog
06-30-2020, 07:41 PM
......but from what i've seen. Keldon is more emotional on court, like after a big rebound or bucket. I've seen him show that emotion by yelling out just like Westbrook does. Fans/media eat that shit up.

Mario Ellie
I see some similarities. I've never liked player. I've never been a big fan of player comparisons, but he reminds a bit of Ellie

hombre
07-02-2020, 01:48 AM
Yeah, he's his own thing. I really want to see him guard number two.

tim_duncan_fan
07-02-2020, 03:09 AM
Whatever he is, I want to see him, Walker, Murray, and Samanic get 30+ minutes a night throughout the Covid Bowl.

This is Summer League season, baby!

Play Boban
07-02-2020, 07:43 AM
He’ll be dominant while leading us to the lottery tbh.

C-Dub
07-02-2020, 07:25 PM
KJ is going to be the best Spurs player in 2 to 3 years. Maybe not good as Kawhi but you never know. I really do see him becoming a bigger better version of Westbrook. Chip will get his 3 point shot better for sure and I'f so could you imagine his potential? He'll probably be an allstar in 4 years and years thereafter. Between KJ, LW4, DJM and White as one of the best 6th men in the league, the Spurs will be pretty good in years to come and 1 nice free agent away from real title contenders for years to come. Book it!

tbdog
07-03-2020, 01:49 AM
I don't think KJ has the athletism to be an all-star.

Sugus
07-07-2020, 01:38 AM
Lonnie and Dejounte on a league of their own, physically. I've seen a couple of videos of them together at the Spurs gym, it's nice that they're developing physically and becoming closer teammates. They're gonna tear the league apart one day.

Spurtacular
07-07-2020, 03:24 AM
What is a "dominant primary role"?

ace3g
07-10-2020, 02:35 PM
https://twitter.com/KABBFOX29/status/1281658062839963651

tholdren
07-11-2020, 09:09 PM
If Keldon would have come out this year he would have been the 1st pick in the nba draft. Let that sink in

buttsR4rebounding
07-12-2020, 07:51 AM
If Keldon would have come out this year he would have been the 1st pick in the nba draft. Let that sink in

Not likely. Wiseman, Ball, or Edwards would still be the likely number one pick.

tholdren
07-13-2020, 12:40 AM
Not likely. Wiseman, Ball, or Edwards would still be the likely number one pick.

Ball. Is a sg that can't shoot.

Today's nba.

Sugus
07-19-2020, 06:51 PM
And people really say Keldon's only talent is his motor... If he works on his jumper he can be a star. He's aggressive, plays hard on D, has dog mentality and attacks the rim with authority. Him and Lonnie at the 2-3 will be a sight to behold.

tim_duncan_fan
07-19-2020, 06:59 PM
And people really say Keldon's only talent is his motor... If he works on his jumper he can be a star. He's aggressive, plays hard on D, has dog mentality and attacks the rim with authority. Him and Lonnie at the 2-3 will be a sight to behold.

Luckily, because he's apparently more self-aware than Demar is, he said he wants to get better from 3 as a priority.

TD 21
07-19-2020, 07:02 PM

Johnson, the only "elite skill" he has is motor.

Sugus
07-19-2020, 07:03 PM
I see your point, and still disagree. Time will tell...

GAustex
07-19-2020, 08:07 PM
Maybe he turns into something.

Right now all you can say is he is hopeful.

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-19-2020, 09:17 PM
I may be wrong, but didn't we hear similar things about Nephew during his first couple of seasons in the league about how he was a good player but would never be an elite player...again I may be wrong but I do remember hearing some sports talk radio people downplaying his eventual potential...

Dejounte
07-19-2020, 09:53 PM
I may be wrong, but didn't we hear similar things about Nephew during his first couple of seasons in the league about how he was a good player but would never be an elite player...again I may be wrong but I do remember hearing some sports talk radio people downplaying his eventual potential...

No, TD 21 will tell you he was in consideration for the 1st pick.

Yes, everyone was saying Kawhi wasnt athletic or flashy enough to be a star.

Dejounte
07-19-2020, 11:51 PM
Apparently, its so far fetched to think that Keldon shares some of Harden's game such as his driving ability. Someone who has watched zero Austin Spur games has the audacity to make comments about a player and downplay their skillset and scoff when someone make valid points about their style of play.

Keldon displays an unrefined version of Harden's driving ability and he clearly showed that he was developing towards the end of the Austin Spur season that he was even learning the Euro step.

https://youtu.be/Yuv_vfadj_w

https://youtu.be/E5PgyLWQYdc

If you dont see the similarities, you either are in denial or you just suck at making observations about basketball players.

TD 21
07-19-2020, 11:59 PM

Yeah, you're right. What was I thinking? Random mid-late 1sts become top 5 players in the league all the time . . . all they have to do is put on a Spurs jersey and voila, magic happens!

Apparently, its so far fetched to think that Keldon shares some of Harden's game such as his driving ability. Someone who has watched zero Austin Spur games has the audacity to make comments about a player and downplay their skillset and scoff when someone make valid points about their style of play.

Keldon displays an unrefined version of Harden's driving ability and he clearly showed that he was developing towards the end of the Austin Spur season that he was even learning the Euro step.

If you dont see the similarities, you either are in denial or you just suck at making observations about basketball players.

You'd know what I've watched and :lmao at the meltdown because I said a 29th pick who hasn't yet proven a thing isn't similar to perennial top 5ish player in the league. :cry

Dejounte
07-20-2020, 12:04 AM
Yeah, you're right. What was I thinking? Random mid-late 1sts become top 5 players in the league all the time . . . all they have to do is put on a Spurs jersey and voila, magic happens!

You'd know what I've watched and :lmao at the meltdown because I said a 29th pick who hasn't yet proven a thing isn't similar to perennial top 5ish player in the league. :cry

What meltdown? You keep posting but it's all fluff. Do you see yet why I like to bust your balls? You offer no substance aside some eloquent words here and there, and worse yet you just resort to these defensive tactics with no proof to back up any of your claims. You're so surface level that all you have to stand by are where a player was drafted or projected to. I don't know why I said I bust your balls when you clearly dont have any since you make zero bold, interesting takes and only offer boring "sky is falling" pussy takes.

Dejounte
07-20-2020, 12:07 AM
Apparently if youre drafted late in the first or drafted in the second round, be sure not to draw any comparisons for those players since where theyre chosen from for sure means there CANT be any similarities with top players in the league. Basically just give up, because theres no hope for those players. You'll just get laughed at by Mr Sky is Falling pussy ass.

TD 21
07-20-2020, 12:10 AM
:lmao The meltdown continues, replete with a lack of basic reading comprehension . . . news flash genius, the sky has already fallen.

Dejounte
07-20-2020, 12:18 AM
Fuck the fans who believed Pascal Siakam would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

Fuck the fans who believed Kyle Kuzma would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

Fuck the fans who believed Malcolm Brogdon would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

Fuck the fans who believed Montrezl Harrell would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

Fuck the fans who believed Rudy Gobert would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

Fuck the fans who believed Draymond Green would amount to anything and compared him to elite players in his rookie year.

Because according to TD idiot, you absolutely cant.

For all your eloquence, it seems you fell short on logic. Work on that.

Dejounte
07-20-2020, 12:19 AM
This dude has run out of things to pull out of his ass lmao. You've proven yourself a joke.

TD 21
07-20-2020, 10:35 AM
:lmao The meltdown continues, replete with a lack of basic reading comprehension . . . news flash genius, the sky has already fallen.

Dejounte
07-20-2020, 10:40 AM
Expected deflection from someone who is lazy as hell to do any research. Why should anyone take you seriously?

cd98
07-20-2020, 11:46 AM
I don't think Kawhi is a better defender than Bruce Bowen. I do think he is a great defender and that had more to do with wingspan and focus. He certainly had great steals. And he is certainly a better overall player than Bruce, which is obvious. But if I had to pick a player to hound a star into a poor shooting night, I'd pick Bowen. If I needed someone to get a big steal/turnover at the end of the game, I would probably pick Kawhi. But I don't think Kawhi hounded superstar players like Bruce.

TD 21
07-20-2020, 04:04 PM
Expected deflection from someone who is lazy as hell to do any research. Why should anyone take you seriously?

:lmao What deflection? You've spun my not agreeing with your absurd comparison into, I think he sucks and any player not picked at or near the top of the draft has no chance to be a superstar or star.

:rollinResearch? We're here to talk basketball (well, some of us), not attempt to pass the bar.

Dejounte
07-20-2020, 04:11 PM
:lmao What deflection? You've spun my not agreeing with your absurd comparison into, I think he sucks and any player not picked at or near the top of the draft has no chance to be a superstar or star.

:rollinResearch? We're here to talk basketball (well, some of us), not attempt to pass the bar.

This dude continuing to be lazy. Just admit you have no substance and move on. Those emojis make you look more of an idiot, no need to use them, dude. We already know you are.

Lmao at taking my comment about research and spinning it into a hyperbole.

ace3g
07-27-2020, 09:27 PM
https://twitter.com/coachB_bwsl/status/1287879315938369537

Sugus
07-28-2020, 12:14 AM
Keldon has been amazing the past few scrimmages. The numbers might not jump off the page, but he's showing unexpected improvements in facets of the game where I wasn't really expecting him to grow yet - his driving force and motor are still there, as always, but he's been dipping his toes on playmaking and trying to expand his passing game, as seen in the video above, and even though he still isn't a great shooter from 3, he's absolutely trying and blasting off when he gets a chance - something the other young players, except for maybe Lonnie (and White's possessed version of himself from last game) should be taking notes on. We know the bricks are due now... But if you don't get those misses in-game, they're never gonna turn into makes, which is something that worries me about Dejounte. DJ's form looks much better, and his midrange has visibly improved, but he's still just as hesitant on taking outside shots as when he first got into the league. I thought he'd take the opportunity during these scrimmages to let it fly, but he literally hasn't even attempted a 3 in either game, as far as I saw.

Above talent, above skill, above natural gifts - the thing that separates great players from good ones, is the drive to get better, and the discipline to work on different areas until you master them. I think I see that in Keldon. Honestly, him and Lonnie might be the only two players on this current roster that could someday start on a championship-caliber team. I'm excited to see how both grow and feed off each other, they seem to be good friends off the court so I'm hoping for chemistry there.

Dejounte
07-28-2020, 01:38 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1288181300227125248?s=19

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1288181300227125248?s=19

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-28-2020, 01:45 PM
This is Master Spurs fan Obi Juan Kenobi. I regert to report that both the Spurs franchise and their championship hopes have fallen, with the dark shadow of losing seasons rising to take their place. This message is a warning and a reminder for any surviving Spurs fans. Trust in the rebuild. Do not return to the Kawhi days, that time has passed, and our future is uncertain. We will each be challenged. Our trust. Our faith. Our friendship. But we must persevere and in time a new hope will emerge. May the force be with you. Always.

Here's hoping that KJ is our new hope!!! :bobo

Dejounte
07-28-2020, 09:26 PM
KJ on a podcast interview said Pop is a wizard and that he guards Lonnie in practice (and that they make each other better)

tim_duncan_fan
07-28-2020, 10:50 PM
KJ on a podcast interview said Pop is a wizard and that he guards Lonnie in practice (and that they make each other better)

Thank you for reminding me to listen to this.

Dejounte
07-28-2020, 10:53 PM
Thank you for reminding me to listen to this.

There really wasnt much juicy info from the interview. It was mostly about his high school days. The interviewer had awful questions.

Sugus
07-28-2020, 11:18 PM

Doesn't surprise me one bit to read things like this. The chemistry is obvious off and on the court, in today's scrimmage they were actively looking for each other when sharing the floor. Two young guards, with two-way potential, pushing each other to be better... I'm liking the pairing more and more as we see them play.

Hopefully next season we get rid of the dead weight and the two of them can start at SG-SF. That's a nightmare duo for opposing teams if they develop well.

tim_duncan_fan
07-28-2020, 11:33 PM
There really wasnt much juicy info from the interview. It was mostly about his high school days. The interviewer had awful questions.

Thank you for letting me know not to listen to this.

ace3g
07-29-2020, 12:59 PM
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/116339116_10157396465041981_202327947746170794_o.j pg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7U6h39e1eFgAX9ehMqE&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=903e2e5aeec63b86651769173f4d6148&oe=5F47B6BA
CDO3oNEASq3

tim_duncan_fan
07-29-2020, 10:10 PM
Before we get too excited about Keldon, do either of his parents have siblings?

daslicer
07-29-2020, 10:14 PM

:lol

BillMc
07-30-2020, 02:17 PM

gambit1990
07-30-2020, 03:53 PM

ace3g
08-02-2020, 03:00 PM
https://twitter.com/FOXSportsSW/status/1290014020288647168

ace3g
08-05-2020, 05:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eer8RacUMAEbw5b?format=jpg&name=large

Bench
MIN
FG
3PT
FT
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

D. Eubanks (https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3914285/drew-eubanks)PF

6-8

0-0

0-0
+6

R. Gay (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3005/rudy-gay)SF

9-18
2-6
4-6

K. Johnson (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4395723/keldon-johnson)SF

7-10
2-2
4-4
+8

Dejounte
08-05-2020, 06:10 PM
Once he gets plays run for him, its not hard to imagine him as a 25 ppg player.

ace3g
08-05-2020, 06:30 PM
https://twitter.com/AirlessJordan/status/1291152224710778886

ace3g
08-05-2020, 08:46 PM
https://twitter.com/bouncepassos/status/1291178021802606592

DAF86
08-05-2020, 08:56 PM
Filling up the lineup of the future:

PG: White
SG: Keldon
SF:
PF:
C: Poeltl

We are just missing two dynamic two-way 6'9'' ish wings. If one of them is a star, then :lobt:

Dejounte
08-05-2020, 09:04 PM
Filling up the lineup of the future:

PG: White
SG: Keldon
SF:
PF:
C: Poeltl

We are just missing two dynamic two-way 6'9'' ish wings. If one of them is a star, then :lobt:

Im not sure Poetl belongs on there, my man. Unless he improves a ton upon from tonight.

Keldon starting at 3 is not a big deal if we find a PF who is mobile enough to guard 3s. Kawhi is basically the same height as Keldon. Our issue is when players like Michael Porter are towering over our guards for a rebound. Someone needs to match up with players like him.

Sugus
08-05-2020, 09:13 PM
Im not sure Poetl belongs on there, my man. Unless he improves a ton upon from tonight.

Keldon starting at 3 is not a big deal if we find a PF who is mobile enough to guard 3s. Kawhi is basically the same height as Keldon. Our issue is when players like Michael Porter are towering over our guards for a rebound. Someone needs to match up with players like him.

Just gotta get our boy Luka some of that sweet ol' HGH and roids, he'll be towering all right in no time...

DAF86
08-05-2020, 09:21 PM

The guy that was averaging a +/- of +30 per game just two games ago suddenly doesn't belong? Sorry but I don't buy it. The guy is basically holding the fort all by himself out there, surrounded by a bunch of undersized combo guards, and he's doing a pretty damn good job at it.

Poeltl is great at: mobility, setting screens, finishing and being a defensive anchor. He's pretty much the perfect center for today's NBA and people want to throw him under the bus after a couple bad performances. It just doesn't make sense.

The only real issue with Poeltl is the inability to stay out of foul trouble. But that's a pretty easy fix with a bit more experience and a proper defensive lineup along him.

Dejounte
08-05-2020, 09:30 PM
The guy that was averaging a +/- of +30 per game just two games ago suddenly doesn't belong? Sorry but I don't buy it. The guy is basically holding the fort all by himself out there, surrounded by a bunch of undersized combo guards, and he's doing a pretty damn good job at it.

Poeltl is great at: mobility, setting screens, finishing and being a defensive anchor. He's pretty much the perfect center for today's NBA and people want to throw him under the bus after a couple bad performances. It just doesn't make sense.

The only real issue with Poeltl is the inability to stay out of foul trouble. But that's a pretty easy fix with a bit more experience and a proper defensive lineup along him.

I'll give you mobility and setting screens, but finishing? Sure, if he learns to be not so soft and try to lay everything in (usually gets denied). Defensive anchor.... His 1 on 1 defense leaves much to be desired. Sigh.... It's year 2 for Poetl as a Spur and I guess if we gave players like White some time to develop then Poetl deserves some time too. Right now, he's a pushover out there.

DAF86
08-05-2020, 09:47 PM
I'll give you mobility and setting screens, but finishing? Sure, if he learns to be not so soft and try to lay everything in (usually gets denied). Defensive anchor.... His 1 on 1 defense leaves much to be desired. Sigh.... It's year 2 for Poetl as a Spur and I guess if we gave players like White some time to develop then Poetl deserves some time too. Right now, he's a pushover out there.

The last two seasons, Poeltl made 70% of his shots within 5ft. That's elite, tbh.

And in terms of defense, pretty much every metric out there has him as the Spurs best defender since he got here.

ace3g
08-05-2020, 10:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3iNjB5Lsxs

KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. Come on people, say it with me! If you want to, you can even stomp your feet like you're saying it while marching. It's way more martial and terrifying that way. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. I'm not sure exactly what's up with Bryn Forbes right now, but he's not currently playing and I'm sure the consensus among Spurs fans is that he can just go away forever. Whatever's holding Forbes out can just remain unresolved until he retires, and it won't matter because Keldon Johnson is the future. Maybe he's not the "next Kawhi Leonard" type of future that all Spurs fans secretly yearn for, but he's definitely some type of future. If it seems like I'm getting caught up in hype here, it's because I am, Realistically, Keldon Johnson hasn't shown that much prior to these two bubble games where he played well. Scrubs have unexpected hot streaks all the time and then go back to being scrubs. The same thing could very well be happening to Keldon Johnson right now. But I know Spurs fans are a bit downtrodden as a fanbase right now (I would be too if I had to watch DeMar DeRozan for a full season) so I'm trying to elevate their spirits here. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-XOmQ1Lr1M

Repeat after me: KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. If you were able to successfully repeat the words that are currently on your screen, good job! You're well on your way to being an authentic Spurs fan (complete with authentic ironic appreciation for their fiesta color scheme that looks like barf made out of pure 1990). However, your authenticity could still be questioned unless you post "KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD." in the comments section of this video. I'm not a medical doctor, but the diagnosis is clear even from a distance: Bryn Forbes has what the medical community has termed "Bad Basketball Syndrome". That means he is doomed to be bad at basketball forever. Meanwhile, Keldon Johnson has "Good Basketball Syndrome," which is the sister syndrome to Bad Basketball Syndrome except it makes one good at basketball instead of bad at it. Once you understand their underlying conditions, the essential truth of the matter starts to make more sense. Bryn Forbes sucks and is bound for Europe. Keldon Johnson is a god and will probably win more championships than he has fingers. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD. KELDON JOHNSON GOOD. BRYN FORBES BAD.

Dejounte
08-06-2020, 07:04 AM
Kevin Durant gave Keldon Johnson recognition last night saying that "this guy is it" and that KJ is a scorer and it's hard to stop him when he goes right.

B1gduff
08-06-2020, 02:47 PM
I'll go with this;
Pg. Nurray
Sg. White/Lonnie
sf. Keldon
pf. Trey/LA/ Achiuwa
C. LA/Poeltl/Achiuwa

I think there might a small chance that both Demar and Rudy could be pacakaged together in sign and trade deal. The peicee that we will get will impact just how the lines up are structured. If not, than you'll get Demar at either sg or sf, and rudy coming from the bench.

DAF86
08-06-2020, 04:47 PM
Stop placing Keldon at SF. The dude is 6'5" on heels. He's not a SF, he's a SG. Spurs need to regain size at the forward positions.

Dejounte
08-06-2020, 04:59 PM
Stop placing Keldon at SF. The dude is 6'5" on heels. He's not a SF, he's a SG. Spurs need to regain size at the forward positions.

Except hes not 6'5". Hes at least as tall as DeMar. Unless you somehow think DeMar is 6'5"

DAF86
08-06-2020, 05:05 PM
Except hes not 6'5". Hes at least as tall as DeMar. Unless you somehow think DeMar is 6'5"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keldon_Johnson

And he does look 6'5" by my eye test, tbh.

r0drig0lac
08-06-2020, 05:05 PM

yep, the shotting guard Demar Derozan

Dejounte
08-06-2020, 05:12 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keldon_Johnson

And he does look 6'5" by my eye test, tbh.

Really?

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/the-san-antonio-spurs-huddle-up-during-the-game-against-the-kings-on-picture-id1227863140?s=2048x2048

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/sacramento-kings-and-san-antonio-spurs-wearing-black-lives-matters-picture-id1227862888?s=2048x2048

Why the f are you relying on Wikipedia for this?

Dejounte
08-06-2020, 05:14 PM
He literally towers over Lonnie (6'4) and DJ (6'5)

DAF86
08-06-2020, 05:18 PM
Really?

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/the-san-antonio-spurs-huddle-up-during-the-game-against-the-kings-on-picture-id1227863140?s=2048x2048

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/sacramento-kings-and-san-antonio-spurs-wearing-black-lives-matters-picture-id1227862888?s=2048x2048

Why the f are you relying on Wikipedia for this?

What do you want me to base it on, Google pics with questionable angles? :lol

Also, I literally said I used my eye test from watching games.

No matter the case, let's say Keldon and DeMar are indeed the same height, they are still undersized for SF. The ideal height for SF would be Gays.

Dejounte
08-06-2020, 05:22 PM
How could the second photo be argued for questionable angles? Theyre literally standing next to each other.

ace3g
08-06-2020, 05:24 PM
Doesn't matter what Keldon's true height is, we still need more SFs and PFs

DAF86
08-06-2020, 05:26 PM
How could the second photo be argued for questionable angles? Theyre literally standing next to each other.

Keldon is standing straight up, DeMar has his knees bent a little. These folks get measured. That's where you get their heights on the internet, tbh.

Anyway, this discussion is irrelevant since they would both still be undersized for the Lebrons, Durants and Paul Georges of this World.

Dejounte
08-06-2020, 05:30 PM
Keldon is standing straight up, DeMar has his knees bent a little. These folks get measured. That's where you get their heights on the internet, tbh.

Anyway, this discussion is irrelevant since they would both still be undersized for the Lebrons, Durants and Paul Georges of this World.

So Lonnie and Dj are about 6'3? Theyre both standing straight up.

Dejounte
08-06-2020, 05:33 PM
Doesn't matter what Keldon's true height is, we still need more SFs and PFs

I dont disagree with getting taller players. I just dont think its accurate to say that Keldon can't play SF. I'm the one for a while now with a microphone screaming for tall forwards. My preference is a mobile PF.

DAF86
08-06-2020, 05:35 PM
So Lonnie and Dj are about 6'3? Theyre both standing straight up.

I always thought they were 6'4", tbh. Why you still caught up on this though? 6'5" or 6'6" you are still giving up inches at the SF position.

Degoat
08-06-2020, 05:37 PM
Kevin Durant gave Keldon Johnson recognition last night saying that "this guy is it" and that KJ is a scorer and it's hard to stop him when he goes right.

I maybe mistaken but that’s old from whenever Keldon Johnson was in high school, KD made a video watching film of all the top high school recruits and one of them was Keldon and that’s where that quote came from

Dejounte
08-06-2020, 05:39 PM
I maybe mistaken but that’s old from whenever Keldon Johnson was in high school, KD made a video watching film of all the top high school recruits and one of them was Keldon and that’s where that quote came from

Weird. Keldon was posting it on his IG this morning.

I thought what you are talking about was when KD was talking about Kyle Anderson

Degoat
08-06-2020, 05:41 PM
Weird. Keldon was posting it on his IG this morning.

I thought what you were talking about was when KD was talking about Kyle Anderson

I mean it could be new but I do know there’s a video of KD watching Film of Keldon in high school from like 2 years ago lol

Dejounte
08-06-2020, 05:48 PM
I mean it could be new but I do know there’s a video of KD watching Film of Keldon in high school from like 2 years ago lol

You were right man. I found the youtube video. I guess someone reposted it then Keldon posted it. Good catch.

DAF86
08-06-2020, 06:10 PM
DAF86 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11102) is what happens when the benefactors decided to bold trolls thus branding everyone of them BOLDED DONK. Sorry its the fruit of the poison tree as far as I'm concerned. The guys who are bolded and engage in debate and non trolldem are bad fruit from their poisoned tree. Its is shamefull the "argument" he seems to b trying to make here. Oh well.

The fuck are you and why do you care so much about bolded and not bolded names? :lol

Also,

1) I have more correct takes on this site (the kind of takes everyone shits on first but time ends up proving right) , than you have takes in general.

2) In what World is saying that a 6'5" or 6'6" guy is undersized for SF a shameful argument? That's just common knowledge, tbh.

DAF86
08-06-2020, 06:26 PM
Coaches seem to be ok with it.

Later gator

Which coaches, Spurs coaches? 'cause we are the only ones playing with 6'4" / 6'5" SFs and 6'6" PFs. The rest of the league have all 6'7" and higher SFs.

Spurs coaches were also ok with playing Forbes and Belinelli over Johnson and Walker and with trading Bertans away for nothing.

spurspl
08-06-2020, 06:41 PM
the truth is that keldon is a lil bit too small for a SF. During this games on the bubble he was at least a half head shorter than the guys who covered him. Imo the reason why he scored so many 'ugly' lookin points is that its really hard to him to score being covered by the taller guys. But he scored bc hes incredibly strong and energetic but imagine what he could do on a SG position.

Dejounte
08-06-2020, 06:43 PM
I dont know why yall say he scores ugly, he scores like a star does and thats with finesse. Similar to how Wade and Ginobili did it back in the day. He also keeps his arms up during the entire drive to collect the foul, similar to James Harden.

spurspl
08-06-2020, 06:46 PM
I dont know why yall say he scores ugly, he scores like a star does and thats with finesse. Similar to how Wade and Ginobili did it back in the day. He also keeps his arms up during the entire drive to collect the foul, similar to James Harden.

idk, imo most of his shots was like fighting for life, he must try a lot to do this. Imo as a SG should be easier for him.

DAF86
08-06-2020, 07:08 PM
DAF86 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11102) This is my last exchange with you on this troll.

You are the guy that started with the personal attacks and I'm the troll? :lol

Which coaches?

Toronto Raptors Nick Nurse who won a Chip with a guy the same size as Keldon playing 'SF'.

You are implying Kawhi and Keldon are the same size? :lmao

The Coaches in LA, the Clippers. A guy by the name of DOC is good with it although he and Paul George swap depending on rotation and situation.
The SF of the Clippers is George, who is 6'8".

A franchise called the warriors with a Coach who got a few rings here is ok with a guy pretty much the same height and build as kawhi and Keldon, matt Barnes, Andre Iquodala, played the 'Sf' with other players like Kevin Durant (7'?, nah just a legt 6'9") and Draymond Green 6'6"-7"is Power forwards slipping into the 3 depending on rotation and situation.

Stop trying to pretend Keldon and Kawhi are the same size. :lol All the guys you named are bigger than Keldon. :lol

Today's NBA is about "position-less basketball" Just because you have a hard on for Lebron James, the GREEK FREAK and WHOMEVER doesn't mean you know better than the Coaches on and GM' on this team who drafted Keldon after they traded Kawhi and who have been playing him at mostly SF' in the Bubble. Those same guys also drafted Luka so play some 3 4 and 5. So I'll go with them and the other guys I mention before I go with you a Troll who was bolded by the benefactors when this corner of the internet was all bout that shit 9 plus years ago.

Sure, it's all about positionless basketball, that doesn't mean size doesn't matter anymore. Centers are becoming less important by the minute (hence my discussion with Chinook about wanting so bad to draft a center), but perimeter players have never been taller than right now. 7 foot wings like Giannis and Durant, physical specimens like Lebron, Paul George and Kawhi, 6'8" PG Doncic, 6'10" PG Simmons, etc. Having size on the perimeter has never been more important.

again LATER GATOR.

DONK is gona DONKY

EEEE AWWWW

Ok, I see now the type of intelect I'm dealing with. :lol

TD 21
08-06-2020, 07:22 PM
Scumbag is actually the nominal "SF" to George's "SG". Even though the latter is two inches taller, the former is significantly longer (7'3'' to 6'11'' wingspan) and stronger.

It's a similar story when comparing Scumbag to Johnson physically. The former is only an inch taller, but plus 6 in wingspan and stronger.

DAF86
08-06-2020, 07:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/9ySQvwb.png

Damn, what a retard. :lol

Gagnrath
08-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Ok.... 6'5" is undersized. 6'6"-6'9" are traditionally SF sized players. 6'3"-6'6" are traditionally sg sized players. 6'9" through 7' are traditionally PF sized players. Notice there is a little bit of overlap at each spot. A guy who has long arms and is fairly solid and strong is going to be at the larger spot. A guy who is slighter going to be at the smaller spot. Speed and handles also plays a role in determining listed position. Keldon would make a good larger SG. He is a bit smaller for an SF but because of a lack of SF on the spurs roster and him being fairly solid he is listed there. In the spurs system in a lot of ways SF and SG is interchangeable and just goes as wing.

I like both keldon and white alot. I am ambivalent on Murray (Like his athletic abilities feel like he doesn't have the right mental make up to be a top tier nba player. Not so much because he doesn't have drive he does. But because he doesn't have basketball instincts and those he does/did have are getting fucked up by trying to make him a full time nba PG. Both him and white are 2 guards that can combo over to pg with a second unit or in spot minutes. (Manu was also like this but came to the nba as a complete/matured player) The make Murray the pg of the future ship has sailed in my opinion. Let him be a 2 guard/combo guard. If a real pg falls into the Spurs lap get and grab him you need one. Meanwhile. IE next year.... Let Murray and White start/play together Either can play with Keldon personal feeling is Murray off the bench. White seems better in a starting Role It's partially mental partially he hasn't been 100% physically most of the year I think. Kudos to him being active and with the team. Anyway having a strong guard lineup is great. I haven't watched enough of walker to really evaluate him properly. I kinda feel Murray is the odd man out but want to hear other opinions. I just feel like Murray is going to ask to much for his production based on his leadership and potential along with his agent but also don't feel like he has made the advancement needed towards his potential with the spurs.

Ocotillo
08-07-2020, 02:52 PM
Ok.... 6'5" is undersized. 6'6"-6'9" are traditionally SF sized players. 6'3"-6'6" are traditionally sg sized players. 6'9" through 7' are traditionally PF sized players. Notice there is a little bit of overlap at each spot. A guy who has long arms and is fairly solid and strong is going to be at the larger spot. A guy who is slighter going to be at the smaller spot. Speed and handles also plays a role in determining listed position. Keldon would make a good larger SG. He is a bit smaller for an SF but because of a lack of SF on the spurs roster and him being fairly solid he is listed there. In the spurs system in a lot of ways SF and SG is interchangeable and just goes as wing.

I like both keldon and white alot. I am ambivalent on Murray (Like his athletic abilities feel like he doesn't have the right mental make up to be a top tier nba player. Not so much because he doesn't have drive he does. But because he doesn't have basketball instincts and those he does/did have are getting fucked up by trying to make him a full time nba PG. Both him and white are 2 guards that can combo over to pg with a second unit or in spot minutes. (Manu was also like this but came to the nba as a complete/matured player) The make Murray the pg of the future ship has sailed in my opinion. Let him be a 2 guard/combo guard. If a real pg falls into the Spurs lap get and grab him you need one. Meanwhile. IE next year.... Let Murray and White start/play together Either can play with Keldon personal feeling is Murray off the bench. White seems better in a starting Role It's partially mental partially he hasn't been 100% physically most of the year I think. Kudos to him being active and with the team. Anyway having a strong guard lineup is great. I haven't watched enough of walker to really evaluate him properly. I kinda feel Murray is the odd man out but want to hear other opinions. I just feel like Murray is going to ask to much for his production based on his leadership and potential along with his agent but also don't feel like he has made the advancement needed towards his potential with the spurs. Nice take.

I am of the mind that White would fit well into the role Manu used to play with this team back in the day provided we had a stud point guard. Like Manu, he would be in at the end of games but would be the first guy off the bench. I agree about Murray being a combo guard or shooting guard. I think he can get more confidence in his three point shot and fit as an off guard. Maybe he gets traded because we have Lonnie and maybe even Keldon to be the off guard and he is used as part of a package to fetch that stud point guard or the power forward we lack (and hope Luka becomes).

8sy21vd
08-07-2020, 03:02 PM
Looks like a gem with intangibles through the roof. Luca on the other hand...well at least he's young lol

ace3g
08-09-2020, 07:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfBSPHPX0AAYRHn?format=jpg&name=large

ace3g
08-09-2020, 09:03 PM
https://www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/gettyimages-1227979775.jpg

look_at_g_shred
08-09-2020, 09:15 PM
That one move where he bodied (I can’t remember the pelicans player) in the paint and got the foul...that was a fucking POWER move. Imagine when we he develops a post game and are running the offense through him like we did nephew....dude is a STUD!

Dejounte
08-09-2020, 10:07 PM
Ill say from intensively watching Kawhi during his rookie year (i was a hardcore fan from the beginning), Keldon is much more natural looking as a scorer. Kawhi was so stiff and mechanical that he looked like a robot out there.

Dejounte
08-09-2020, 10:21 PM
I think it's obvious that since Keldon's 20 pt game, he's been tasked (if we believe Pop hands out objectives to individual players, especially the rookies) to focus on defense more. I see a more reluctant Keldon when it comes to scoring. It's not a bad thing. Pop was probably like, "Your time will come when we will need you to be a scorer. For now, show me what you got on defense." I've also noticed his handle needs some work. Once his ball handling improves and he learns some killer crossovers, he is going to be LETHAL.

Dejounte
08-09-2020, 10:22 PM
He is a better Raw Athlete than Newphew, natural feels for the handle...
Give kawhi credit, he worked his ass off to improve himself

Nephew definitely did... I think Keldon is a hard worker too. Look at Keldon's fucking bicep in ace3g's last photo. It's like a fucking rock. Dude has been in the gym.

Dhbsr555
08-10-2020, 01:59 AM
CDsKpMlJz21

Not a Spurg
I feel once he develops a pull up jumper and one one of the dribble I could absolutely see a 16-21 a game scorer

Obi Juan Kenobi
08-10-2020, 08:11 AM
I love how different he is from Leonard personality wise...its like he's the anti-Nephew...

Dejounte
08-10-2020, 08:50 AM
Watch the first video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDsmjMGHQIN

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDsmjMGHQIN/?igshid=41jokm70gnsb

lefty
08-10-2020, 10:12 AM
I love how different he is from Leonard personality wise...its like he's the anti-Nephew...
not so fast...
We'll see how he'll behave when/if he becomes a superstar

lefty
08-10-2020, 11:32 AM
Never fails any Bolded Doink with a join date of 2004-2012 is Guaranteed to have 10's of thousands of usless shit post like this.

2004 back when shit posting was "Cool"

16 years ago when you were like 30 something....

WTF

08-10-2020, 12:01 PM
Never fails any Bolded Doink with a join date of 2004-2012 is Guaranteed to have 10's of thousands of usless shit post like this.

2004 back when shit posting was "Cool"

16 years ago when you were like 30 something....

WTF:lol

ace3g
08-11-2020, 03:08 PM
https://twitter.com/AirlessJordan/status/1293276278255230978

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfKQaFbUcAAJhgS?format=jpg&name=large

spurspl
08-11-2020, 03:17 PM
really like his energy and efficiency, today vs rockets 8/12, 3/3

ace3g
08-11-2020, 04:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/879569333625794560/r8iUmOF5_normal.jpg

Jordan Howenstine @AirlessJordan
(https://twitter.com/AirlessJordan) 3m (https://twitter.com/AirlessJordan/status/1293293767513038849)
Keldon Johnson is the first rookie in the NBA with multiple 20+ point games in less than 20 appearances for the team that drafted him since 2007 (Ramon Sessions, MIL).

TDomination
08-11-2020, 04:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/879569333625794560/r8iUmOF5_normal.jpg

Jordan Howenstine @AirlessJordan
(https://twitter.com/AirlessJordan) 3m (https://twitter.com/AirlessJordan/status/1293293767513038849)
Keldon Johnson is the first rookie in the NBA with multiple 20+ point games in less than 20 appearances for the team that drafted him since 2007 (Ramon Sessions, MIL).

awesome!

dude better be startin soon

phxspurfan
08-11-2020, 04:38 PM
Did anyone honestly see this coming? Keldon Warlord

ace3g
08-11-2020, 05:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A6atkYrgr0

Dejounte
08-11-2020, 06:52 PM
He'll be either P.J. Tucker or Malik Hairston.

Some of the posts on the first few pages of this thread lmao

Collins21
08-11-2020, 06:53 PM
Some of the posts on the first few pages of this thread lmao

Yeah if you saw his college highlights you would know this never made any sense.

Dejounte
08-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Keldon could have had more than five assists today if his teammates didnt miss those easy shots

The thing about how Keldon scores is how easy he does it. I could see him as being a 25 ppg+ scorer

John B
08-11-2020, 07:33 PM
The kid is a work-horse, and probably the steal of the draft taking him at 29th. Dang that kid awesome. I don't think he has stopped to grow at 20. He's probably still going to grow 2 inches and 20 lbs. Spurs just picked a franchise player at 29th.

ace3g
08-11-2020, 10:28 PM
Gotta love his video descriptions lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsTg3iYEpu0

https://yt3.ggpht.com/a/AATXAJwODa9oF-LvlSoeZfBCp_J0zv6iHIJksVnhYs-a=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNaGVvWvXaYI16vAxQUfq3g) DownToBuck (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNaGVvWvXaYI16vAxQUfq3g)

25.9K subscribers

Maybe I've spent the last season or so being too hard on Spurs fans. I relentlessly attack them for having misplaced optimism towards their assortment of young talent who, in their minds, are all destined for multiple All-Star teams and the synthesis of a new "big three" which will restore glory to a Spurs team which hasn't had any for a few seasons now. I attributed this optimism to the fact that Spurs fans don't really know how to handle losing, so they react in illogical ways.

Keldon Johnson, in particular, was a point of disagreement by myself and the Spurs fanbase at large. While Spurs fans were convinced he was one of the major pieces to their puzzle, I'm sitting there thinking "this guy almost never scores in double digits and he was a late first round pick but he's supposed to be the next big thing? Typical delusional Spurs fans, yearning for the next Kawhi and not being able to accept that the next Kawhi isn't even currently on their roster."

Now I'm looking like a big dummy poopoo head because Keldon Johnson is playing well in The Bubb, something that Spurs fans all seemingly were expecting but I was not expecting at all. That will teach me to make judgements about players when I barely know anything about them and only go off basic counting stats that I spent five seconds on basketball-reference half-heartedly looking at before closing the tab. Then again, I'm still not going to take fanbase opinions as gospel because the homer glasses are permanently affixed to the faces of those guys. I own no such glasses and am able to form unbiased, if uninformed, opinions.

Now, who here is in agreement with me that Keldon Johnson is 100% the next Kawhi Leonard/Manu Ginobili hybrid and anybody who disagrees is a heretic who should be burned at the stake with a fire stoked by the corpses of fellow doubters?

Dejounte
08-11-2020, 10:54 PM
Keldon is so easy to get behind... Compared to the MUTE CANCER (Drew trademark)

Sugus
08-11-2020, 11:27 PM
Something very particular about Keldon is that, despite his size & strength, he very rarely dunks the ball or finishes directly at the rim, much more often choosing to finish off the glass, even in situations where it might seem over-complicated and counterintuitive. Great sign to see, nowadays using the glass for finesse is almost a lost art, with most athletes coming into the NBA already able to dunk the rim off the hoop. His stroke from 3 is looking wet... And he'll have an entire off-season of working out the few kinks in his game. Really hard to not see him starting by next season, tbh, maybe even ahead of Lonnie (and hopefully both side by side alongside White, with DJ leading the bench).

DAF86
08-12-2020, 12:06 AM
He needs to be a starter at the start of the next season. That will give him a confidence boost that will propel his game to the next level.

Although, with Pop at the helm, I see that highly improbable.

ace3g
08-12-2020, 12:19 AM
Things to improve/add next 1-2 years

_ Ball handling
_ Pull up jumper off the dribble
_ Back to the basket game when jumper isn't falling or defense forcing off the 3pt line

DAF86
08-12-2020, 12:44 AM
Imma keep repeating it untill it sticks: yeah, he could play the 3, but, at his size and built, he would absolutely bully opposing SGs. And that's what we gotta search for: putting the kid in the absolute best position to succeed.

daslicer
08-12-2020, 12:59 AM
I posted this in another thread but Keldon reminds me a lot of the late Bobby Phills. Bobby was an elite defender whose offensive game got better towards the end of his career before he was killed in a car accident. I think Keldon if he continues to work hard will be a better scorer than Phills. Keldon's the same exact height as Bobby, and his build is very similar. Bobby was a little big bigger but Keldon will be just as big as Bobby once his body fills out. Bobby played the SG position but at times he would play the SF. The Spurs should make Keldon primary position the SG that's where he has the biggest advantage on both ends due to his height and size.

deRDhiZHXKY

0l1zYTy6JZc

-wlRfpQIXN0

phxspurfan
08-12-2020, 01:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A6atkYrgr0

That 3pt shot is so silky smooth damn

phxspurfan
08-12-2020, 01:35 AM
Something very particular about Keldon is that, despite his size & strength, he very rarely dunks the ball or finishes directly at the rim, much more often choosing to finish off the glass, even in situations where it might seem over-complicated and counterintuitive. Great sign to see, nowadays using the glass for finesse is almost a lost art, with most athletes coming into the NBA already able to dunk the rim off the hoop. His stroke from 3 is looking wet... And he'll have an entire off-season of working out the few kinks in his game. Really hard to not see him starting by next season, tbh, maybe even ahead of Lonnie (and hopefully both side by side alongside White, with DJ leading the bench).

Great point about using glass. The best finishers know all the glass angles.

gambit1990
08-12-2020, 04:01 AM
why he wears #3:
"Growing up, I was the third child," Johnson said. "And when I was growing up, Chris Paul was my favorite player. I watched a lot of his highlights when I was younger."

no wonder he looks so natural on the court :tu :tu

the dude will be even better than i thought now that i know he was watching cp3.

Fireball
08-12-2020, 04:36 AM
i am really surprised that he already looks more comfortable on the court than Lonnie ... with his strong body he looks much more durable than White and Murray who seem very injury prone ... add a 3 point shot and a bulldog mentality ala Patrick Beverly and we have found another gem ...

BillMc
08-12-2020, 07:28 AM
why he wears #3:
"Growing up, I was the third child," Johnson said. "And when I was growing up, Chris Paul was my favorite player. I watched a lot of his highlights when I was younger."

no wonder he looks so natural on the court :tu :tu

the dude will be even better than i thought now that i know he was watching cp3.

Hope all his teammates don't hate him as they did Paul in LA and Houston.

Dejounte
08-12-2020, 07:33 AM
Hope all his teammates don't hate him as they did Paul in LA and Houston.

You saw how DeMar raved about Keldon after last night? It's like he just saw Jesus

DJR210
08-12-2020, 07:39 AM
He needs to be a starter at the start of the next season. That will give him a confidence boost that will propel his game to the next level.

This.

hombre
08-12-2020, 08:51 AM
i am really surprised that he already looks more comfortable on the court than Lonnie ... with his strong body he looks much more durable than White and Murray who seem very injury prone ... add a 3 point shot and a bulldog mentality ala Patrick Beverly and we have found another gem ...

To me, but looks like the Spurs and Walker are working on expanding his overall game and Keldon is just playing his. Walker's rebounds and assists have been invaluable in the last few games.

BillMc
08-12-2020, 08:59 AM
You saw how DeMar raved about Keldon after last night? It's like he just saw Jesus

True. It was more a joke about Paul than anything with KJ.

exstatic
08-12-2020, 10:59 AM
Gotta love his video descriptions lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsTg3iYEpu0

https://yt3.ggpht.com/a/AATXAJwODa9oF-LvlSoeZfBCp_J0zv6iHIJksVnhYs-a=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNaGVvWvXaYI16vAxQUfq3g) DownToBuck (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNaGVvWvXaYI16vAxQUfq3g)

25.9K subscribers

Maybe I've spent the last season or so being too hard on Spurs fans. I relentlessly attack them for having misplaced optimism towards their assortment of young talent who, in their minds, are all destined for multiple All-Star teams and the synthesis of a new "big three" which will restore glory to a Spurs team which hasn't had any for a few seasons now. I attributed this optimism to the fact that Spurs fans don't really know how to handle losing, so they react in illogical ways.

Keldon Johnson, in particular, was a point of disagreement by myself and the Spurs fanbase at large. While Spurs fans were convinced he was one of the major pieces to their puzzle, I'm sitting there thinking "this guy almost never scores in double digits and he was a late first round pick but he's supposed to be the next big thing? Typical delusional Spurs fans, yearning for the next Kawhi and not being able to accept that the next Kawhi isn't even currently on their roster."

Now I'm looking like a big dummy poopoo head because Keldon Johnson is playing well in The Bubb, something that Spurs fans all seemingly were expecting but I was not expecting at all. That will teach me to make judgements about players when I barely know anything about them and only go off basic counting stats that I spent five seconds on basketball-reference half-heartedly looking at before closing the tab. Then again, I'm still not going to take fanbase opinions as gospel because the homer glasses are permanently affixed to the faces of those guys. I own no such glasses and am able to form unbiased, if uninformed, opinions.

Now, who here is in agreement with me that Keldon Johnson is 100% the next Kawhi Leonard/Manu Ginobili hybrid and anybody who disagrees is a heretic who should be burned at the stake with a fire stoked by the corpses of fellow doubters?
It’s funny, because coach Cal doesn’t always put the ball into the right guy’s hands at UK. Devin Booker scored 10 ppg at UK, but look at him now. You can’t always project NCAA production into NBA excellence. Guys you think are sure shots bust out, and guys who don’t show much can really blossom.

lefty
08-12-2020, 11:02 AM
Kedon would have averaged 50 ppg if he played in the 90s tbh

Seventyniner
08-12-2020, 11:12 AM
Keldon is so easy to get behind... Compared to the MUTE CANCER (Drew trademark)

I found it easy to root for Number Two before the cancer part developed. But yeah, Keldon is looking like the real deal and I can't wait to see what he can do next season.

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 11:16 AM
Kedon would have averaged 50 ppg if he played in the 90s tbh
he would have averaged 70 in the 80s tbh

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 11:17 AM

Although, with Pop at the helm, I see that highly improbable.
that wouldn't' be fair to bryn

daslicer
08-12-2020, 11:27 AM
https://youtu.be/HtxSHVNizJM
He weighs 230+ lLBS according to the team who I'm sure gave the info to Bonner.

Sure He'll "Fill out" just like Nephew Mute Cancer but that dude you posted was nothing more than a Nice Role Player and never weighed anything over 205 lbs

Bobby was a good role player. He was a great defender from the start but his offense was pretty decent and he was a guy who could hit 3’s consistently. Keldon’s style of play on the defensive end definitely reminds me of him. Keldon has a chance to be a better offensive player.

Russ
08-12-2020, 11:37 AM
Pop thinks Keldon is a leader.

Pop has a spring in his step that he hasn't had for a long time -- he can visualize how this team will look when it gets good again.

Mugen
08-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Imma keep repeating it untill it sticks: yeah, he could play the 3, but, at his size and built, he would absolutely bully opposing SGs. And that's what we gotta search for: putting the kid in the absolute best position to succeed.

He's a modern day NBA wing....the 2/3 distinction has been irrelevant for a while now tbh.

lefty
08-12-2020, 12:17 PM
he would have averaged 70 in the 80s tbh
Easily imo

spurraider21
08-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Easily imo
samanic would be larry bird in the 80s

ace3g
08-12-2020, 01:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfOeW7BXYAY76m0?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfOeYYTXgAAxLeV?format=png&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1268544071578062849/QIG6_iqC_normal.jpg

San Antonio Spurs spurs

(https://twitter.com/spurs) 4h (https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1293551798393942016)
these two were a couple of cheat codes yesterday https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f4ca.png #GoSpursGohttps://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/NBATeam20192020Season_Emojis_SAS/NBATeam20192020Season_Emojis_SAS.png (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoSpursGo) | #WholeNewGame (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WholeNewGame)

Obi Juan Kenobi
08-12-2020, 01:31 PM
Its so nice to see DeMar take on a mentoring role even if it results in his ultimate demise from the team. Say what you will about him as a basketball player but he does look like he's a good teammate.

exstatic
08-12-2020, 02:13 PM
Just rewatched his highlight reel, and twice, he just bullied DeMarre Carroll in the paint to score. :lol

Dejounte
08-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Just rewatched his highlight reel, and twice, he just bullied DeMarre Carroll in the paint to score. :lol

How the hell did Carroll fall off the face of the earth so quickly? It's not like he's slower than he used to be. Why do coaches hate this dude?

ace3g
08-12-2020, 02:46 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1293627484794236929

itzsoweezee
08-12-2020, 02:50 PM
Pop thinks Keldon is a leader.

Pop has a spring in his step that he hasn't had for a long time -- he can visualize how this team will look when it gets good again.

Pop should take this experience as a wake up call that he needs to step down. He's holding this team back more than anything else at this point

BackHome
08-12-2020, 03:37 PM
Poop needs to stop playing people out of position so much I understand if mismatches you can change things but otherwise stay true. Ie. Murray, Mills, Forbes are not PG and are not even hybrid PG/SG they are SG so keep them in there lane. As far as Keldon I think he is a hybrid SG/SF but I do agree with that position you have more flex as they are almost interchangeable except on defense maybe only issue with some players.

exstatic
08-12-2020, 03:47 PM

There are some times when if you dunk the ball, you don’t get the AND1.

He gets soooo much respect from the refs as a rook, it’s ridiculous.

DAF86
08-12-2020, 06:00 PM
He's a modern day NBA wing....the 2/3 distinction has been irrelevant for a while now tbh.

Not when the opposing SG is 6'5" and the opposing SF is 6'9", tbh.

And not in the general play. Having a 6'4" SG and a 6'6" SF is worst than having a 6'6" SG and a 6'8" SF. There's a big size difference that plays a part in a lot of different little situations like tap ins, close outs, lose balls, overall court visión, etc. All that put together can end up making the difference in the result of a game.

Mugen
08-12-2020, 06:27 PM
Been thinking about player comparisons for the last few weeks. Not sure if somebody's already mentioned it and he's not quite as tall / versatile (yet) but I get Shawn Marion vibes from him.

He's even got a weird 3pt release :lol

tdominate21
08-12-2020, 06:43 PM
Been thinking about player comparisons for the last few weeks. Not sure if somebody's already mentioned it and he's not quite as tall / versatile (yet) but I get Shawn Marion vibes from him.

He's even got a weird 3pt release :lol

I said this in another thread but he reminds me of a young Ron Artest. He's got way better handles than a young matrix. He isn't as strong as Artest yet but he is a better shooter. Artest was a strong beast before all the drama.

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 10:18 AM
"keldon is 6'5""

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD1Rq5SDsUP/?igshid=f381rs03q0ep

look_at_g_shred
08-13-2020, 10:21 AM
It doesn't matter if he's 6'5" when he plays like he's 6'8"

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 10:21 AM

It does to DAF

Russ
08-13-2020, 10:37 AM
Keldon does play big for his height.

He reminds me a little of Corey Maggette because of build and aggressiveness and a little of Westbrook (same reasons).

But mostly he's starting to remind me of Manu because he could soon become the heart and soul of this team.

spurspl
08-13-2020, 10:43 AM
daamn if only keldon was a little bit higher and more wingspan hed be a beast already

Seventyniner
08-13-2020, 02:07 PM
If Keldon was a couple inches taller I doubt he would have fallen to #29.

Gibbz
08-13-2020, 03:02 PM
I'm more excited about Keldon than anyone else on the roster. 20 years old and absolutely balling out every time he steps on the court.

Capt Bringdown
08-13-2020, 05:30 PM
Wunderkind will be riding the pines once Forbes comes back into the picture. Book it!

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 05:56 PM
WELCOME TO THE BLOCK PARTY DICK

and since your to STUPID to post the Photo

https://scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/fr/e15/s1080x1080/117601345_296146741452214_8248131015295720_n.jpg?_ nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=1&_nc_ohc=1YhJENVFxiUAX-CMwqq&oh=eca25d63db0f0ae205605d64e786ed87&oe=5F5E2C46

https://i.imgur.com/kqwY4Y7.png

Looks the same SIZE and DEMAR to me you FAGGOT!!!

Well YOU got the RESPONSE YOU WERE FISHING FOR BYE NOW!!!

What the hell are you talking about? I was quoting DAF dude... Jesus calm down. I wasnt saying he was 6'5". I like you man...

I was trying to prove he was taller than 6'5". Why the hell else would i post that photo?

ace3g
08-13-2020, 06:07 PM
Keldon did this crossover while realizing his driving lane was too crowded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZvvaT79g8

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 07:56 PM
Realize this.... The offense doesnt even run many plays for Keldon and hes still out there scoring 24+ points every game. This dude is going to be LETHAL

Joseph Kony
08-13-2020, 07:57 PM
This kid is our next Kawhi. Spurs need to pour every ounce of training into this kid, he has a motor that Walker/White/Murray don't. He will be an all-star in the future

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 07:59 PM
Keldon is our Luke fucking Skywalker

Truth4sale$
08-13-2020, 08:02 PM
Keldon is very impressive. Watch for the improvement of his outside shot and ball handling next year. Not sure if he starts or not. But his name will be in discussion of most improved or 6th man and even possibly all NBA 3rd team

RC_Drunkford
08-13-2020, 08:11 PM
Keldon should start next season

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 08:25 PM
https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1294081458441801730?s=19

Handles is his next step to stardom

Russ
08-13-2020, 08:38 PM

Keldon should start next season even if it requires some roster tweaking . . .

DAF86
08-13-2020, 08:54 PM

It does to DAF

So you guys don't care about length on a basketball court, huh? Do you think Lebron would be Lebron if he was 6'5"?

Let me ask you this: at 6'5" or 6'6", what do you think is Keldon's ideal position, SG or SF?

DAF86
08-13-2020, 08:58 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I was quoting DAF dude... Jesus calm down. I wasnt saying he was 6'5". I like you man...

I was trying to prove he was taller than 6'5". Why the hell else would i post that photo?

You like his crazy autistic ass? I guess anger management folks gotta stick together :lol

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 09:00 PM
You like his crazy autistic ass? I guess anger management folks gotta stick together :lol

Dude is fucking hilarious, man... Probably the most entertaining character on this website

DAF86
08-13-2020, 09:01 PM
Dude is fucking hilarious, man... Probably the most entertaining character on this website

He's entertaining, I'll give you that. :lol

poopbox
08-13-2020, 09:05 PM

Yeah going into next season the one thing that should be absolute set in stone is that Keldon is starting at the 3

He is just to good and does to many things to be coming off the bench

DAF86
08-13-2020, 09:10 PM

With the news of DeRozan coming back, 1 through 3 should be White, Keldon, DeRozan. Get a 4 via draft or free agency, and start Aldridge (if not moved) or Poeltl at center.

I don't see Pop not starting Murray though, so I doubt this scenario plays out.

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 09:14 PM
https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1294092678406299654?s=19

LEADERSHIP

ace3g
08-13-2020, 09:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1069403041940602880/Bb1X4Bjr_normal.jpg
Tom Petrini realTomPetrini
(https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini) 48m (https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini/status/1294081344956510209)
Just asked Keldon about his listed height of 6'5" He said last time he checked he's 6'6", and he's not sure if he's still growing.

It would be awesome if he had another growth spurt before he turns 21.

LongtimeSpursFan
08-13-2020, 09:17 PM
Damn. I thought Keldon was a 3-4 player at Kentucky. He’s only 20 years old and looks really comfortable out there. He’s going to be huge next year. I really like the way he Gets physical and puts ball and body into defenders chest when driving to basket. Doesn’t give defender opportunity to challenge.

exstatic
08-13-2020, 09:17 PM
Tom Petrini realTomPetrini
(https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini) 48m (https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini/status/1294081344956510209)
Just asked Keldon about his listed height of 6'5" He said last time he checked he's 6'6", and he's not sure if he's still growing.

David Robinson was 6’6” after his sophomore season at the USNA. Not that Keldon will even grow another inch, but guys CAN grow until they’re 25.

LongtimeSpursFan
08-13-2020, 09:18 PM
Tom Petrini (https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini)real (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6855)TomPetrini
48m (https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini/status/1294081344956510209)

On TV he stood next to Murray and keldon was taller

exstatic
08-13-2020, 09:20 PM
Damn. I thought Keldon was a 3-4 player at Kentucky. He’s only 20 years old and looks really comfortable out there. He’s going to be huge next year. I really like the way he Gets physical and puts ball and body into defenders chest when driving to basket. Doesn’t give defender opportunity to challenge.

Coach Cal usually gets 4 of maybe the top 15 recruits every year, and there’s only one ball. Like I mentioned in another thread, Devin Booker scored 10 ppg in his year at UK.

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 09:21 PM
On TV he stood next to Murray and keldon was taller

Hes also an inch taller than DeMar. Perhaps in that tweet he meant without shoes. I say he's more like 6'7.5". DeMar was 1" taller than Kobe, who was supposedly 6'5.5".

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 09:22 PM
Coach Cal usually gets 4 of maybe the top 15 recruits every year, and there’s only one ball. Like I mentioned in another thread, Devin Booker scored 10 ppg in his year at UK.

Florida State had an 11 man rotation. Patrick Williams fits this category, too.

ace3g
08-13-2020, 09:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1102648018782879746/dzWYu940_normal.jpg
Noah Magaro-George @N_Magaro
(https://twitter.com/N_Magaro) 1h (https://twitter.com/N_Magaro/status/1294079563044134914)
Keldon Johnson has the 11th highest points per game (9.6) by a rookie in Spurs franchise history. THAT IS BETTER THAN:

Tony Parker (9.2)
Alvin Robertson (9.2)
Kawhi Leonard (7.9)
DeJuan Blair (7.8)
Manu Ginóbili (7.6)
Johnny Moore (7.4)
George Hill (5.7)

(https://twitter.com/N_Magaro) 1h (https://twitter.com/N_Magaro/status/1294077207938314240)
Keldon Johnson is now the first Spurs rookie with three 20 point games since Gary Neal. The Kentucky product finishes his first go-round averaging 9.6 PPG on 59.6% shooting.

Dejounte
08-13-2020, 09:43 PM
(https://twitter.com/N_Magaro) 1h (https://twitter.com/N_Magaro/status/1294079563044134914)
Keldon Johnson has the 11th highest points per game (9.6) by a rookie in Spurs franchise history. THAT IS BETTER THAN:

Tony Parker (9.2)
Alvin Robertson (9.2)
Kawhi Leonard (7.9)
DeJuan Blair (7.8)
Manu Ginóbili (7.6)
Johnny Moore (7.4)
George Hill (5.7)

(https://twitter.com/N_Magaro) 1h (https://twitter.com/N_Magaro/status/1294077207938314240)
Keldon Johnson is now the first Spurs rookie with three 20 point games since Gary Neal. The Kentucky product finishes his first go-round averaging 9.6 PPG on 59.6% shooting.

Haha fuck Kawhi!

Also,
One can say (with context) now that:
Keldon > TP3, Kawhi, Manu Ginobili

DAF86
08-13-2020, 09:44 PM
Why isn't there a video of his buckets yet?

Dejounte
08-14-2020, 08:56 AM
Why isn't there a video of his buckets yet?

https://youtu.be/0p19lzZaTN8

lefty
08-14-2020, 08:58 AM
Will his worshippers shit on him if he bolts to L.A in 2 years?

I'M WATCHING YOU SPURSTALK

exstatic
08-14-2020, 09:11 AM
He’s already far better on offense at this point than Kawhi was, pretty close to like year 3 Kawhi.

Dejounte
08-14-2020, 09:31 AM
Keldon's agent is interviewed here:

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/locked-on-spurs-get-to-know-more-about-spurs-keldon-johnson

r0drig0lac
08-14-2020, 09:55 AM

why not?

lefty
08-14-2020, 10:05 AM
What to a near bankrupt state that is about to raise taxes to 54% on the "Super Wealthy"? (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/tax-hike-on-california-millionaires-would-create-54percent-tax-rate.html) Do you think he is that stupid?

That whole state is Collapsing into I don't know what... believe me in 10 year that 54 Percent will be raised higher..
I sit back and laugh at all those Clippers, Lakers, Warriors .... BY THE KINGS..... lol.......

Again I must note, TROLL masquerading as a SPURS and or NBA fan AKA lefty been here for almost 20 years, 90k Post of drivel like this.....

DOINKS!!!!
DOINKS DOINKS!!!

SpurSpike
08-14-2020, 10:14 AM

Of course we would, if he handled it like #shit did.

Are you implying we shit on everyone that leaves? That's obviously false, everyone was cool when Parker left because he was respectful.

exstatic
08-14-2020, 11:56 AM
Why would he go to LA in three years? LeBron will be done, so they’d just be a re-roll of the AD Pelicans.

daslicer
08-14-2020, 12:04 PM
Why would he go to LA in three years? LeBron will be done, so they’d just be a re-roll of the AD Pelicans.

He's also a restricted FA so he won't have that option.

daslicer
08-14-2020, 12:07 PM

As long as he plays out his contract I won't hate on him if he leaves. #2 dicked over the Spurs by only playing 2 out of the 4 years he signed on his max contract.

Dejounte
08-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Keldon's agent is interviewed here:

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/locked-on-spurs-get-to-know-more-about-spurs-keldon-johnson

Interesting insight from this interview: seemed like he was a spurs homer before he was drafted by his prior knowledge of the gleague being good for players.... He mentioned Danny Green

Lots of remarks about Keldon's character..how he is NEVER negative about anything. They also talked about how competitive about everything and wants to be first to win at things. Sounds like MJ...

pad300
08-14-2020, 04:12 PM
CAfdFjAFihx

CA4SG0vJgld

Anybody who hunts fishes and 4 Wheels with his Chick who is as far a "THOT" as you can get is NOTHING like the type of dude you think he is...

This Virginian is Embracing South Texas and the Hill Country

Let's hope his girlfriend doesn't accidental discharge his ass. His finger you can see, properly outside the trigger guard. Hers...

Floyd Pacquiao
08-14-2020, 04:44 PM
CAfdFjAFihx

CA4SG0vJgld

Anybody who hunts fishes and 4 Wheels with his Chick who is as far a "THOT" as you can get is NOTHING like the type of dude you think he is...

This Virginian is Embracing South Texas and the Hill Country
:tu:tu Great sign he should love it down here

jermaine
08-14-2020, 05:07 PM
I just bought his jersey yesterday.

ace3g
08-14-2020, 05:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPwF55DlZ9s

Again, I owe an apology to Spurs fans. They were all telling me (and everybody else) that Keldon Johnson was the REAL up-and-coming stud on their roster. Not Dejounte Murray, not Derrick White, not Jakob Poeltl, not Lonnie Walker (okay maybe it is still Walker too), definitely not Chimezie Metu, but Keldon Johnson. I didn't believe them. And now I'm the one looking like a dumdum because he had three, count 'em, THREE twenty-point games in The Bubb.

But this apology has a caveat: I'm the one who's supposed to be skeptical here, since I'm the one trying to present an unbiased look at the entire NBA through my highlight videos. Fanbases make outrageous claims all the time, and if I took those claims at face value, I would be left thinking that every rookie is an All-Star in the making, that every second-year player is poised to score 20 PPG next season, and that a collection of five random G-League-level players is somehow supposed to morph a garbage team into a playoff team in one short off-season.

My assumption was that Spurs fans were addled by their playoff streak imminently coming to an end. I assumed that they were Stockholm Syndromed by the continued presence of LaMarcus Aldridge. With every loss their team suffered, I thought, their grip on reality loosened until it was fully relinquished. A fanbase in such a condition of mental deterioration would naturally latch on to unknowns like Keldon Johnson in order to provide some shred of hope.

I still think Spurs fans are a bit loopy. But they were right about Keldon Johnson.

Rosewood
08-14-2020, 05:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPwF55DlZ9s haha "definitely not Chimezie Metu"

ace3g
08-14-2020, 08:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1177518863858065408/QvUwNYmQ_normal.jpg (https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf) Jackson Frank (https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf)Jack (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4319)frank_jjf

Keldon Johnson led all rookies in PIPM this year at +1.56 (65th overall) in his 301 minutes of action.
5:34pm · 14 Aug 2020 (https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf/status/1294402149477044224) · Twitter for iPhone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ4q7ZS1fIU
(https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/how-to-tweet#source-labels)

Dejounte
08-15-2020, 08:48 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1177518863858065408/QvUwNYmQ_normal.jpg (https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf) Jackson Frank (https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf)Jack (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4319)frank_jjf

Keldon Johnson led all rookies in PIPM this year at +1.56 (65th overall) in his 301 minutes of action.
5:34pm · 14 Aug 2020 (https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf/status/1294402149477044224) · Twitter for iPhone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ4q7ZS1fIU
(https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/how-to-tweet#source-labels)

Calipiri refused to give a comparison at the end for Keldon so it wouldnt make Keldon's head too big. Good move.

Calipiri said he made his players play through bumps. Lonnie should have went to Kentucky, being the wimp he is.

ace3g
08-20-2020, 01:14 AM
https://scontent-lax3-2.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-19/s150x150/67490183_456068108362401_7510949725328113664_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.cdninstagram.com&_nc_ohc=SLrWqJc_ygYAX95hRv7&oh=e765385bc06e1577efd6cad18c94fbde&oe=5F68D570keldonjohnson (https://www.instagram.com/keldonjohnson/)
Verified
Before You Win You Gotta Take A Thousand Losses🏁6h

https://scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/s1080x1080/117876469_1416701895187920_4566047772882166449_n.j pg?_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=mZwKVLfAC78AX8wb2Mr&oh=7a8c8f7af97e5e689c76a0c0e52900b6&oe=5F67224B

Atl Spur
08-20-2020, 09:16 AM
Can’t teach heart.......

exstatic
08-20-2020, 09:47 AM
Can’t teach heart.......

This. It’s what made Manu, Manu.

Atl Spur
08-20-2020, 10:58 AM
Pop has plans for this kid........ like Cal said, there was no better landing place for him!

08-20-2020, 11:19 AM
https://i.imgur.com/5QznYLc.jpg

ace3g (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2345) with the keldon goods per par, Interesting

Keldon must have been George's guy (https://www.myplainview.com/news/article/Spurs-name-former-South-Carolina-coach-to-8605902.php)and Luka was RC's
RC stuck in 2010

BackHome
08-20-2020, 12:35 PM
Is RC still alive? I have not heard anything from him in awhile.

ace3g
08-23-2020, 10:37 PM
Keldon back in the gym somewhere, IG story 3 hours ago.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p640x640/118393480_312213710063733_5645134992389210487_n.jp g?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=tEiWv-S6nPgAX8NnAJ3&oh=b97d80be88e42871a24d169567e025d3&oe=5F453456

Dejounte
08-23-2020, 10:41 PM
Work on post ups and step back 3s, Keldon !

DAF86
08-23-2020, 11:13 PM
Keldon back in the gym somewhere, IG story 3 hours ago.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p640x640/118393480_312213710063733_5645134992389210487_n.jp g?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=tEiWv-S6nPgAX8NnAJ3&oh=b97d80be88e42871a24d169567e025d3&oe=5F453456

Ugly ass colours on those shoes.

exstatic
08-24-2020, 06:30 AM
Ugly ass colours on those shoes.

It was probably an homage to Kobe.

ace3g
08-24-2020, 11:41 AM
https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p640x640/118154358_3971749179518372_7217949593671439259_n.j pg?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=i8_YemP8ru8AX8iJDov&oh=71ef26f5887c5069ae67696c465680ad&oe=5F465941

Dejounte
08-24-2020, 05:21 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CESbiqcnPQC/?igshid=1q5dg9le7nlwi

Keldon looking swoll

ace3g
08-24-2020, 05:27 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CESbiqcnPQC/?igshid=1q5dg9le7nlwi

Keldon looking swoll

Thanks for the update

CESbiqcnPQC

Dejounte
08-24-2020, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the update

CESbiqcnPQC

More here, including a video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CESc6GSJVLK/?igshid=fz40sa0eik94

He's practicing the Eurostep and a step back jumper!!!! NBA, watch out!!!

TD 21
08-24-2020, 05:38 PM
:wow A Spurs young player working on modern things . . . shouldn't he be working on contested/contorted mid range pull ups? To some, that's worth $64 million and a guaranteed starting job.

ace3g
08-24-2020, 05:42 PM
More here, including a video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CESc6GSJVLK/?igshid=fz40sa0eik94

He's practicing the Eurostep and a step back jumper!!!! NBA, watch out!!!

Awesome stuff, thanks

CESc6GSJVLK

ace3g
08-25-2020, 10:07 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgRlcKdUYAQ-axl?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgRluJ7VAAECb6a?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1268544071578062849/QIG6_iqC_normal.jpg
San Antonio Spurs spurs
(https://twitter.com/spurs) 5m (https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1298274574006538248)
the grind never stops https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f624.png