PDA

View Full Version : So how many in here went to the protests?

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2020, 05:42 PM
Just curious. One of the local organizers said they weren't quitting and would keep protesting until they saw "change". Of course he didnt define exactly what the change was that was enough so I expect that was just shit talking to look "tough".

GAustex
06-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Not me no way
My niece went yesterday in DC
Night before I taught her how to make Molotov Cocktail
JK

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2020, 05:46 PM
For the record I will absolutely say Black Lives Matter but I'm not willing to get tear gassed and whacked with rubber bullets to prove it.

DarrinS
06-08-2020, 05:47 PM
Nope

baseline bum
06-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Just curious. One of the local organizers said they weren't quitting and would keep protesting until they saw "change". Of course he didnt define exactly what the change was that was enough so I expect that was just shit talking to look "tough".

No way in hell for me during a pandemic. Fucking lunacy. Not even to loot a 2080 Ti from Best Buy.

spurraider21
06-08-2020, 05:50 PM
wife and i took part last weekend here. there have been on and off demonstrations the whole time, there was another big one yesterday but we didnt go. we only went to the one, though. i dont know how much sense it makes to keep going at it given everything else

i get what bb said, too. i dont know if i would have done the same if i was still living around and regularly seeing family. but it's basically just the two of us out here in cville, and we havent been engaging in any other social events

Reck
06-08-2020, 05:55 PM
I might go to one if A, they continue to do them here and B, cases of COVID dont actually increase.

We are already seeing spikes in many states. New York just opened up completely here. Trains are back up and running full time starting today.

spurraider21
06-08-2020, 05:59 PM
might not have been the wisest decision in hindsight, until that point for the last few months i had basically left the house once a week to go to the market and that's it.

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2020, 06:00 PM
I might go to one if A, they continue to do them here and B, cases of COVID dont actually increase.

We are already seeing spikes in many states. New York just opened up completely here. Trains are back up and running full time starting today.

Dude. You are definitely getting the boogievirus in NY.

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2020, 06:02 PM
Wife and I actually went to an indoor sit down restaurant last night. First time in months.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
The ones here this weekend were huge, peaceful and well organized. I'd go and stay around the perimeters if it was just me to think about.

pgardn
06-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Wife and I actually went to an indoor sit down restaurant last night. First time in months.

Not what you did or protest.
Backyard BBQ.
Run, bike, kayak. Mostly alone.

Yell at strangers on ST.
Cant wait for the speech ... just a bit outside of very, very late.

Can we get Thread to write it before Donald tries to say it?

Spurminator
06-08-2020, 06:13 PM
Too damn hot tbh.

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2020, 06:16 PM
Backyard BBQ.

Yell at strangers on ST.

Trump needs to pull an LBJ and realize he is fucked. He is looking at a Jimmy Carter level ass whoopin in November.

baseline bum
06-08-2020, 06:18 PM
wife and i took part last weekend here. there have been on and off demonstrations the whole time, there was another big one yesterday but we didnt go. we only went to the one, though. i dont know how much sense it makes to keep going at it given everything else

i get what bb said, too. i dont know if i would have done the same if i was still living around and regularly seeing family. but it's basically just the two of us out here in cville, and we havent been engaging in any other social events

Even then, I don't want to be a vector for say grocery store workers or food service workers to get the virus. I hate this fucking shit about limiting interactions but unless everything we know about viruses is wrong we're a long way from being done with SARSCov2.

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2020, 06:18 PM
Backyard BBQ.

Yell at strangers on ST.

I kayak almost every day. Havent measured it but I think it's a couple miles around treasure island which is my route.

baseline bum
06-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Trump needs to pull an LBJ and realize he is fucked. He is looking at a Jimmy Carter level ass whoopin in November.

Trump is massively popular with Republican voters and Biden is a terrible candidate, no way this election is already decided.

Nathan89
06-08-2020, 06:21 PM
The ones here this weekend were huge, peaceful and well organized. I'd go and stay around the perimeters if it was just me to think about.

When you go take video of yourself washing the feet of black men while begging for forgiveness.

BSfromTX
06-08-2020, 06:21 PM
My wife and oldest marched Boerne Main Street yesterday. There were about 400 people. It was peaceful and they got lots of encouragement from people on the streets

Nathan89
06-08-2020, 06:22 PM
Stats don't support the narrative BLM pushes and they are unable to execute peaceful protests.

FrostKing
06-08-2020, 06:24 PM
Had work

pgardn
06-08-2020, 06:27 PM
I kayak almost every day. Havent measured it but I think it's a couple miles around treasure island which is my route.

I will drive just to get to the Llano.
Then go upstream towards the waterfall.
That is wonderful. Swim to cool down.

The coast is super tough right now.
But I think I found myself a spot for trout in the summer. Its about 1.5 miles out there with zero available landing spots for weather, and I gotta avoid oysters, but I still will use the peddle drive on that, its much easier in the wind. One can get caught out there with pure paddling upper body.

pgardn
06-08-2020, 06:27 PM
Had work

And after work?

Reck
06-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Trump is massively popular with Republican voters and Biden is a terrible candidate, no way this election is already decided.

He's losing support from his core base of evangelicals and catholics per a Public Religion Research Institute.

In March, nearly 80 percent of white evangelicals said they approved of the job Mr. Trump was doing, PRRI found.

But by the end of May, with the country convulsed by racial discord, Mr. Trump’s favorability among white evangelicals had fallen 15 percentage points to 62 percent

Among white Catholics, the same poll also found that his approval has fallen by 27 points since March.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/us/politics/trump-polls-christians-evangelicals.html

Fucking huge if this holds all the way to November. According to analysis and polls conducted since 2016, the evangelical voting population has actually shrinked by 2 percent.

spurraider21
06-08-2020, 06:30 PM
Even then, I don't want to be a vector for say grocery store workers or food service workers to get the virus. I hate this fucking shit about limiting interactions but unless everything we know about viruses is wrong we're a long way from being done with SARSCov2.
thats true, too. again, probably not the most well thought out thing we've done in the last few months

baseline bum
06-08-2020, 06:32 PM
He's losing support from his core base of evangelicals and catholics per a Public Religion Research Institute.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/04/us/politics/trump-polls-christians-evangelicals.html

Fucking huge if this holds all the way to November. According to analysis and polls conducted since 2016, the evangelical voting population has actually shrinked by 2 percent.

So White Evangelicals will pull a Susan Collins and have serious concerns before voting for our Dear Leader anyways.

Reck
06-08-2020, 06:36 PM
So White Evangelicals will pull a Susan Collins and have serious concerns before voting for our Dear Leader anyways.

I'm sure most will. But Trump cannot afford to lose even a percent of them.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2020, 06:36 PM
When you go take video of yourself washing the feet of black men while begging for forgiveness.Is your entire house made of straw?

pgardn
06-08-2020, 06:39 PM

Same.

I really ought to buy more take out though that is cooked just to support some of the local places that are trying.
But I got others to worry about as well.

FrostKing
06-08-2020, 06:42 PM
And after work?
Church

David Hogg
06-08-2020, 06:46 PM
https://i.ibb.co/SQNRnSn/0100661-C-781-C-40-D8-A24-C-F4-AE0-D31-E3-B3.jpg

pgardn
06-08-2020, 06:48 PM
Church

what are you doing right now?

i’m getting ready to bike only 97°

FrostKing
06-08-2020, 06:51 PM
what are you doing right now?

i’m getting ready to bike only 97°
Hell yah. Finishing my stretch, heading for a run in the neighborhood. Have video call in 40 mins

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2020, 08:06 PM
I will drive just to get to the Llano.
Then go upstream towards the waterfall.
That is wonderful. Swim to cool down.

The coast is super tough right now.
But I think I found myself a spot for trout in the summer. Its about 1.5 miles out there with zero available landing spots for weather, and I gotta avoid oysters, but I still will use the peddle drive on that, its much easier in the wind. One can get caught out there with pure paddling upper body.

I will give you a spot I have had good luck at this time of year on big trout. Biggest was 28". Go south out of Aransas Pass towards Ingleside till the highway takes a hard right and follow the street that goes straight. Take it all the way to the water between a offshore assembly yard on the left and the old naval yard to the right. There is a ramp there. Jump across to the spoil islands on the other side of the channel and fish the side facing the bay. The bottom contour is crazy there. Rolling ridges/ bars for a couple hundred feet from shore. Fish may be shallow or deep but they run those cuts. Literally picked up 30 lb stringers of trout there in the kayak back when the limit was 10.

Winehole23
06-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Home.

I'm not politically active.

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2020, 08:09 PM

You can be lazy and stupid at the same time. Oh my. Walked a mile.

Winehole23
06-08-2020, 08:13 PM
I have been thinking what an appropriate civic action for me might be. It's not directly a fight for my own liberation.

Marching and chanting in a crowd doesn't do it it for me.

Widow's mite to the bail fund didn't do it for me either.

Trill Clinton
06-08-2020, 08:19 PM
Myself, my pastor and a few guys from church went to the protests at Travis Park

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2020, 08:40 PM
Myself, my pastor and a few guys from church went to the protests at Travis Park

What denomination? Just curious.

pgardn
06-08-2020, 09:14 PM
I will give you a spot I have had good luck at this time of year on big trout. Biggest was 28". Go south out of Aransas Pass towards Ingleside till the highway takes a hard right and follow the street that goes straight. Take it all the way to the water between a offshore assembly yard on the left and the old naval yard to the right. There is a ramp there. Jump across to the spoil islands on the other side of the channel and fish the side facing the bay. The bottom contour is crazy there. Rolling ridges/ bars for a couple hundred feet from shore. Fish may be shallow or deep but they run those cuts. Literally picked up 30 lb stringers of trout there in the kayak back when the limit was 10.

I know it.

I will give it a harder try.

edit: yep I have fished it before and been successful but the last time I tried with a friend we had a very tough day.

ElNono
06-08-2020, 09:27 PM
mentioned it in another thread, went to help clean up in Santa Monica... with my mask and keeping my distance...

Spurminator
06-08-2020, 09:33 PM
You should take a video of you admitting to yourself your a racist in the mirror.

Lmao saying racism is a leftist agenda. How stupid can someone actually be? Wait actually Nathan89 is the prize winner of the most moronic statement I’ve ever heard.

Stick around, he's good for about 20 a day.

Trill Clinton
06-08-2020, 09:35 PM
What denomination? Just curious.

non denominational

Will Hunting
06-08-2020, 09:37 PM

You’re dreaming if you think DJT is getting only 62% of the evangelical vote. You could run a child molester who was caught ass raping an 8 year old child with special needs on videotape, and the religious right would still give him 80+% support as long as he has an R next to his name.

ElNono
06-08-2020, 09:40 PM
You’re dreaming if you think DJT is getting only 62% of the evangelical vote. You could run a child molester who was caught ass raping an 8 year old child with special needs on videotape, and the religious right would still give him 80+% support as long as he has an R next to his name.

Holding a Bible upside down basically means to them "God is telling us to vote for him again"... smh

Will Hunting
06-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Holding a Bible upside down basically means to them "God is telling us to vote for him again"... smh
The fact they supported Donald Trump, an adulterer who could give two fucks about family values, exposed then for being sanctimonious assholes who don’t give two fucks about religion.

ElNono
06-08-2020, 09:43 PM
The fact they supported Donald Trump, an adulterer who could give two fucks about family values, exposed then for being sanctimonious assholes who don’t give two fucks about religion.

As Christian as Chris, tbh... lmao

Will Hunting
06-08-2020, 09:44 PM
As Christian as Chris (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1656), tbh... lmao Chris is a shining light example of how much of a joke the religious right is :lol

Spurminator
06-08-2020, 09:45 PM

I have a theory that approval ratings like this dip in the months leading up to an election as a way for that segment to convince themselves that they're giving any serious thought to their vote. In other words, expressing disapproval helps some of these Evangelicals rest easier knowing they're going to vote for someone who goes against everything they claim to be about.

Nathan89
06-08-2020, 09:48 PM
You should take a video of you admitting to yourself your a racist in the mirror.

Lmao saying racism is a leftist agenda. How stupid can someone actually be? Wait actually Nathan89 is the prize winner of the most moronic statement I’ve ever heard.

Racism is foundational to modern leftist ideology. That's what I said minus "modern" probably. And yeah, I stand by that.

Will Hunting
06-08-2020, 09:49 PM
I have a theory that approval ratings like this dip in the months leading up to an election as a way for that segment to convince themselves that they're giving any serious thought to their vote. In other words, expressing disapproval helps some of these Evangelicals rest easier knowing they're going to vote for someone who goes against everything they claim to be about.
Similar reason I think the general election polls with Trump are always going to be skewed against him because there’s a chunk of people who are too ashamed to admit they’re supporting Trump when getting polled but once they get to the voting booth they’re going to.

Blake
06-08-2020, 09:50 PM
Racism is foundational to modern leftist ideology. That's what I said minus "modern" probably. And yeah, I stand by that.

And everyone makes fun of you for that

Nathan89
06-08-2020, 09:50 PM

Not a logically sound conclusion tbh

pgardn
06-08-2020, 09:51 PM

The white man getting screwed is foundational to far right ideology.

Will Hunting
06-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Not a logically sound conclusion tbh
That’s telling me.

Blake
06-08-2020, 09:52 PM

Spot on, imo

Blake
06-08-2020, 09:54 PM
I don’t even know how someone even thinks this way unless they legitimately hate black people and people of color

BECAUSE TRUMP SAID HE'S DONE MORE FOR THE BLACKS THAN ANY PRESIDENT SINCE LINCOLN AND I BELIEVE HIM BECAUSE MEDIA IS FAKE ETC SCREECH

Nathan89
06-08-2020, 09:54 PM
The white man getting screwed is foundational to far right ideology.

Let me know who is far right so I can know the relevance of your comment.

pgardn
06-08-2020, 09:59 PM
Let me know who is far right so I can know the relevance of your comment.

You.
Chris.
Frost King

koriwhat
06-08-2020, 10:13 PM
Walking hand in hand with antifa and soros!

DMC
06-08-2020, 10:29 PM
Walking hand in hand with antifa and soros!

Only if the walking was in a video game. These faggots aren't leaving home.

Chris
06-08-2020, 10:39 PM
As Christian as Chris, tbh... lmao

Chris is a shining light example of how much of a joke the religious right is :lol

look at these faggots gossip girls :lol

everyone knows Trump is a modern day King Cyrus

ElNono
06-08-2020, 11:10 PM

everyone knows Trump is a modern day King Cyrus

:lol case in point

Blake
06-08-2020, 11:11 PM

It's been at least an hour since you've posted a Hollywood tweet tho

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2020, 11:13 PM

Bullshit lazy and entitled fuckwhits will show up to March but not too vote

koriwhat
06-08-2020, 11:32 PM
Bullshit lazy and entitled fuckwhits will show up to March but not too vote

Or to work...

rmt
06-09-2020, 09:39 AM

"get gassed and shot with rubber bullets, and then come back for more.."

More like STUPID.

baseline bum
06-09-2020, 09:57 AM
"get gassed and shot with rubber bullets, and then come back for more.."

More like STUPID.

Not as stupid as not even knowing your language or having been to China when you immigrated from China.

clambake
06-09-2020, 10:07 AM
Stupid is having to ask your preacher if you can use healthcare

BSfromTX
06-09-2020, 11:08 AM
I know it.

I will give it a harder try.

edit: yep I have fished it before and been successful but the last time I tried with a friend we had a very tough day.

Also, west of california hole over to the ICW has been holding decent fish. That whole area is getting better since they reduced the limit to 5.

Chucho
06-09-2020, 11:15 AM

tholdren
06-09-2020, 11:34 AM
Sp you didn't attend. But you will certainly gossip about it. Nice move.

CosmicCowboy
06-09-2020, 01:19 PM
Also, west of california hole over to the ICW has been holding decent fish. That whole area is getting better since they reduced the limit to 5.

Yeah, lots of crazy potholes in that area that tend to hold fish.

BSfromTX
06-09-2020, 02:21 PM
Yeah, lots of crazy potholes in that area that tend to hold fish.

Yeah, not many in the 20's, but usually in the 17-20 range

SnakeBoy
06-09-2020, 04:06 PM
I wanted to go to the protests but I don't own a skateboard

spurraider21
06-09-2020, 04:35 PM
:lol case in point
at this very least calling him cyrus acknowledges that trump is a fake christian :lol

calling him cyrus is just trying to rationalize the fact that trump is a fake christian who panders to christians and make it seem like a good and noble thing when its really just a con game for him to have more personal power and inflate his own narcissism and ego

DMC
06-09-2020, 04:40 PM
No way in hell for me during a pandemic. Fucking lunacy. Not even to loot a 2080 Ti from Best Buy.

What if I go with you and we can use SCBA? I want a 2080 Ti

DMC
06-09-2020, 04:41 PM
And after work?

He diddles his frost queen.

spurraider21
06-09-2020, 04:43 PM
He diddles his frost queen.
he wishes

more like he watches porn where black dudes run a train on his dream frost queen

ElNono
06-10-2020, 02:53 AM
at this very least calling him cyrus acknowledges that trump is a fake christian :lol

calling him cyrus is just trying to rationalize the fact that trump is a fake christian who panders to christians and make it seem like a good and noble thing when its really just a con game for him to have more personal power and inflate his own narcissism and ego

:lol but that upside down bible tho