PDA

View Full Version : COVID-19 Second Wave - Does Anyone Care?

DMC
06-11-2020, 11:16 AM
Given the recent events and who mostly perpetrated them, it's not surprising how quiet folks are here about the 2nd wave coming. I know some were hoping that the Lake of the Ozarks and a few other outings could be spun as ELE part deux events, but now that so many on the left and even the heath experts have supported mass gatherings, where is the narrative going?

CosmicCowboy
06-11-2020, 11:19 AM
I'm still trying to follow social distancing guidelines and using masks in public. It still comes down to taking some personal responsibility. There is still a chance you get it but you can at least cut the odds.

spurraider21
06-11-2020, 11:20 AM
Fake narrative

SnakeBoy
06-11-2020, 11:21 AM
It seems like the narrative has already been set. Mass gathering for "justice" is a public health service. All other gatherings are murder.

DMC
06-11-2020, 11:21 AM
I'm still trying to follow social distancing guidelines and using masks in public. It still comes down to taking some personal responsibility. There is still a chance you get it but you can at least cut the odds.

Of course, science didn't change. What about the hospitals being overrun with patients, flattening the curve, no TP, etc....

DMC
06-11-2020, 11:22 AM
Fake narrative

You cannot bullshit a bullshitter. Scoreboarding here is job 1.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 11:23 AM
You guys were for reopening, but against people doing anything you don't like.

Spurs Homer
06-11-2020, 11:24 AM
I never believed this “open the country” narrative

We are all on our own - this administration wants people to die and has never tried to lift a finger.

The tragedy is that the protesters have the right idea but at the absolute worst time and hundreds of thousands dead is now a certainty.

SnakeBoy
06-11-2020, 11:24 AM

I'm for people doing whatever they want.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 11:25 AM
I'm for people doing whatever they want.As long as you can be catty about it.

DMC
06-11-2020, 11:26 AM

I'm against people burning cities down, if that's what you mean. The two things you mentioned are not mutually exclusive. I am all for mass gatherings. I'd like to see full return to normalcy, let the chips fall where they may.

I said this before. Others like you clutched their pearls. How now, brown cow?

DMC
06-11-2020, 11:27 AM
I never believed this “open the country” narrative

We are all on our own - this administration wants people to die and has never tried to lift a finger.

The tragedy is that the protesters have the right idea but at the absolute worst time and hundreds of thousands dead is now a certainty.

Thoughts and prayers.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 11:27 AM
I'm against people burning cities down, if that's what you mean.Nope, you're really bad at this narrative thing.

Spurs Homer
06-11-2020, 11:29 AM
I'm against people burning cities down, if that's what you mean. The two things you mentioned are not mutually exclusive. I am all for mass gatherings. I'd like to see full return to normalcy, let the chips fall where they may.

I said this before. Others like you clutched their pearls. How now, brown cow?

You are for white supremacy-

which is no better than burning down cities.

GAustex
06-11-2020, 11:33 AM
Got the company email this morning. Salary adjustments usually doled out in July have been canceled.
Sucks.

tholdren
06-11-2020, 11:33 AM
As long as you can be catty about it.

Lol. Karen accused someone of being.....
Wait for it....
"Catty"

Lolololol

hater
06-11-2020, 11:36 AM
USA has already lost the war on Covid

American unpreparedness, incompetence and stupidity alomg with Trump being one of the stupidest morons on the planet were ingredients that lost us the war.

Now all thats left is to somehow recover the economy and let sick and old ppl die a slow death.

I already called wave 2 will make wave 1 look like a weekend in Hawaii.

Every man for himself at this point.

Good luck nigas :lol

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 11:36 AM
Lol. Karen accused someone of being.....
Wait for it....
"Catty"

Lolololol:lol tholdren ankle biting

tholdren
06-11-2020, 11:37 AM
:lol tholdren ankle biting
Meow... lololololololol

hater
06-11-2020, 11:37 AM
Prepare yourselves for this fall negroes listen to me.

Called it :tu

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 11:38 AM
Meow... lolololololololStill salty you were wrong about COVID-19. Sad.

tholdren
06-11-2020, 11:38 AM
Prepare yourselves for this fall negroes listen to me.

Called it :tu
You also called September follows August, right?

LkrFan
06-11-2020, 11:39 AM
All you fat necks with underlying conditions should care tbh. If you a diabetic and you get COVID-19, it's likely you = f:lolcked

baseline bum

American unpreparedness, incompetence and stupidity alomg with Trump being one of the stupidest morons on the planet were ingredients that lost us the war.

Now all thats left is to somehow recover the economy and let sick and old ppl die a slow death.

Trump is not stupid. People gotta stop saying this shit. He's evil, not stupid.

tholdren
Still salty you were wrong about COVID-19. Sad.
Never been wrong. Opening up economy and trending down covid. Keep up kansas.

hater
06-11-2020, 11:41 AM
You also called September follows August, right?

No

tholdren
06-11-2020, 11:43 AM
No

Ok then I'm going to. Also stocking up on baby wipes and lysol.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 11:43 AM
Never been wrong.:lmao of course you were

tholdren
06-11-2020, 11:45 AM
:lmao of course you were
No I called ifr. I called you will never know how many people actually died of covid due to mismanagement of data and death counts and I called lockdowns do not work nor are scientific

hater
06-11-2020, 11:45 AM

Hes a stupid motherfucker when it comes to medicine or pandemics and doesnt understand basics

Ppl gotta stop saying Trumps is some kind of genius at everything :lmao

Yes hes smart in social media and controlking his retarded base and owning the stupid democrats. Thats it.

Hes a stupid motherfucker in everything else

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 11:46 AM
No I called ifr. I called you will never know how many people actually died of covid due to mismanagement of data and death counts and I called lockdowns do not work nor are scientificYou said 10,000 would die tops.

tholdren
06-11-2020, 11:58 AM
You said 10,000 would die tops.

From coronavirus. Which, you are correct, my count would be more inflated since almost all deaths are a result of comorbitity.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 11:59 AM
my count:rollin wrong

DarrinS
06-11-2020, 12:04 PM
IMHE models predicting second wave beginning in September for Texas, Florida, Arizona. But not for hard hit states like New York and New Jersey.

Based on what -- I'm not sure.

Spurtacular
06-11-2020, 12:07 PM
Chumpettes care. Every reported death is a point for Zombie Rapist.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 12:10 PM
IMHE models predicting second wave beginning in September for Texas, Florida, Arizona. But not for hard hit states like New York and New Jersey.

Based on what -- I'm not sure.The head of the program usually does media rounds after new models are released.

spurraider21
06-11-2020, 12:11 PM
You cannot bullshit a bullshitter. Scoreboarding here is job 1.
:lmao "health experts have supported mass gatherings"

The narrative about spikes in covid will be all about reopening, over a month ago. They probably won't mention the two weeks of protests, riots, etc.

i think they will mention the protesting

As a side note. Don't be naive.

They are. I was wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lKLv9SPpng

TSA
06-11-2020, 12:18 PM
:lmao "health experts have supported mass gatherings"

Over 1,000 health experts sign letter supporting anti-Black racism protests despite COVID-19 risks

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.5603024/over-1-000-health-experts-sign-letter-supporting-anti-black-racism-protests-despite-covid-19-risks-1.5603025

baseline bum
06-11-2020, 12:20 PM
Hes a stupid motherfucker when it comes to medicine or pandemics and doesnt understand basics

Ppl gotta stop saying Trumps is some kind of genius at everything :lmao

Yes hes smart in social media and controlking his retarded base and owning the stupid democrats. Thats it.

Hes a stupid motherfucker in everything else

Here is a basic that he understands: sacrifice the people for the stock market.

boutons_deux
06-11-2020, 12:22 PM
These people have been sick with coronavirus for more than 60 days.

Doctors aren’t sure why.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/06/11/coronavirus-chronic/?arc404=true&utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most (https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/06/11/coronavirus-chronic/?arc404=true&utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most)

Permanent nervous and immune system damage? It won't be the first virus to do so.

spurraider21
06-11-2020, 12:22 PM

Based on what -- I'm not sure.
liberal bias

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 12:24 PM
:lol the same guys who have been insisting that everything is fine outdoors are now saying public health officials should say not everything is fine outdoors.

spurraider21
06-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Over 1,000 health experts sign letter supporting anti-Black racism protests despite COVID-19 risks

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.5603024/over-1-000-health-experts-sign-letter-supporting-anti-black-racism-protests-despite-covid-19-risks-1.5603025
point taken

though i was referring to those in leadership positions such as the white house team, the CDC, etc. the ones acting as a point of authority for the general public

SpursforSix
06-11-2020, 12:27 PM
At this point, I think it's pick your poison. Which is better...a couple hundred thousand deaths (many who were in pretty bad shape) or millions of unemployed and struggling to get food and pay rent/mortgage?

TimDunkem
06-11-2020, 12:33 PM
At this point, I think it's pick your poison. Which is better...a couple hundred thousand deaths (many who were in pretty bad shape) or millions of unemployed and struggling to get food and pay rent/mortgage?
So same old, same old?

Also, I'd argue a good chunk were not neccesarily "in bad shape". Many of these people wouldn't have died any time soon if they never caught Covid.

SpursforSix
06-11-2020, 12:35 PM
So same old, same old?

Also, I'd argue a good chunk were not neccesarily "in bad shape". Many of these people wouldn't have died any time soon if they never caught Covid.

Agree that a "good chunk" weren't in bad shape. But a good chunk were. I'm not dismissing the tragedy of these deaths. Buy I'm wondering which option in the long term is preferable.

baseline bum
06-11-2020, 12:38 PM

Probably get both

TimDunkem
06-11-2020, 12:40 PM
Agree that a "good chunk" weren't in bad shape. But a good chunk were. I'm not dismissing the tragedy of these deaths. Buy I'm wondering which option in the long term is preferable.

Not dismissing, but minimizing...perhaps?

Honestly, to answer your question - neither and it doesn't matter.

You can't shut people in or make them do something they simply don't want to do. A lot more people are going to die no matter what option we take.

All we can hope for in the meantime is treatments/vaccine and/or herd immunity.

SpursforSix
06-11-2020, 12:46 PM
Probably get both

I agree. It's an unprecedented situation in our lifetimes. Anyone who says their solution would work better doesn't really know. And we actually won't ever really know because plenty will die from COVID and plenty will be thrown into poverty.
And it will likely be impossible to definitely look back and say that one plan of action was better than another. Without Monday morning quarterbacking every single aspect.

SpursforSix
06-11-2020, 12:49 PM
Not dismissing, but minimizing...perhaps?

Honestly, to answer your question - neither and it doesn't matter.

You can't shut people in or make them do something they simply don't want to do. A lot more people are going to die no matter what option we take.

All we can hope for in the meantime is treatments/vaccine and/or herd immunity.

That's fair based on how I posted but I wasn't at all trying to minimize the deaths. Agree with the bold.

clambake
06-11-2020, 12:51 PM
He buried it for months. Imagine if that didn’t happen

TXstbobcat
06-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Got the company email this morning. Salary adjustments usually doled out in July have been canceled.
Sucks.

that sucks. To be honest I’m happy to still be working.

tholdren
06-11-2020, 01:05 PM
:lol the same guys who have been insisting that everything is fine outdoors are now saying public health officials should say not everything is fine outdoors.
Not true. The medical experts and media were calling out every anti lockdown protest. You also contributed to the gossip.

I am insisting everything is fine outdoors and fully support the peaceful protests.

I have commented on the hypocritical stance of the media and the "medical experts" as well as the gossiping kitty cats like you.

Lovkdowns are anti science

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 01:06 PM
Not true. The medical experts and media was calling out every anti lockdown protest. You also contributed to the gossip.

I am insisting everything is fine outdoors and fully support the peaceful protests.

I have commented on the hypocritical stance of the media and the "medical experts" as well as the gossiping kitty cats like you.

Lovkdowns are anti science:lol you said 10k would die, tops. lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololololol

TimDunkem
06-11-2020, 01:08 PM
The economy is going to suck if more people continue to get sick and die. Everyone else may feel even more uneasy about going out. On the flipside, shutting down for a year or two can't be sustained.

The best we can hope for is to meet in the middle and wait it out. Sometimes life just gives you no good options.

Spurtacular
06-11-2020, 01:10 PM

Fake narrative

pgardn
06-11-2020, 01:13 PM
Im good.

I dont care about my dad or my grandparents this time around.

pgardn
06-11-2020, 01:15 PM
Never been wrong. Opening up economy and trending down covid. Keep up kansas.

How many people in science do you know or know of who have NEVER been wrong?

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 01:16 PM
How many people in science do you know or know of who have NEVER been wrong?That's how you know he's not a scientist.

tholdren
06-11-2020, 01:21 PM
How many people in science do you know or know of who have NEVER been wrong?
Just me. How many have always been wrong? Just you ChumpDumper and neil furguson

TheGreatYacht
06-11-2020, 01:22 PM

It's gonna be flu season again for wave 2. Every patient that has flu/cold will be diagnosed with COVID. Every patient that dies of old age, flu, pneumonia, heart attack, etc will test positive for covid and cause of death - covid. Then forced vaccinations for whoever wants to go to the groceries, work, gym, etc.

Wake up ma nig. Another scamdemic coming. Calling it now.

I've been hearing real deaths will come as a result of 5G and Covid will be blamed.

tholdren
06-11-2020, 01:25 PM
It's gonna be flu season again for wave 2. Every patient that has flu/cold will be diagnosed with COVID. Every patient that dies of old age, flu, pneumonia, heart attack, etc will test positive for covid and cause of death - covid. Then forced vaccinations for whoever wants to go to the groceries, work, gym, etc.

I've been hearing real deaths will come as a result of 5G and Covid will be blamed.

They completely disregard the fact that any symptom of illness gives permission to count as covid case, death, or hospitalization. Which is why they don't understand the problem with all casue deaths convergence with covid death. Sad

clambake
06-11-2020, 01:28 PM
Cause of death is trump

Spurs Homer
06-11-2020, 01:28 PM

but every other country on the planet actually had a plan and they minimized their infections/deaths

we had zero plan

unless you count trumps “let em all die- save my re-election save the stock mkt”

as a genius plan...

republicans support this plan and idiots like the trump fellators here will vote red if they dont die by november!

Spurtacular
06-11-2020, 01:30 PM

pgardn
06-11-2020, 01:32 PM
Just me.

The humble guy who created the universe.
When are you available for speeches God?
And why have you stopped accepting prayers.

GAustex
06-11-2020, 01:32 PM
that sucks. To be honest I’m happy to still be working.
If our back log continues to decrease/contracts canceled next will be layoffs.
We could use it as we have a bunch of chaff that needs cutting.
Really depends on how low and/or how long.

hater
06-11-2020, 01:35 PM
Cause of death is trump

Bingo

hater
06-11-2020, 01:35 PM

Lol 5G

hater
06-11-2020, 01:37 PM

Dont forget these are the same idiots that cheered the hong kong protests :lmao

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 01:41 PM
They completely disregard the fact that any symptom of illness gives permission to count as covid case, death, or hospitalization. Which is why they don't understand the problem with all casue deaths convergence with covid death. SadYou didn't comment on his 5G deaths. Science!

Trainwreck2100
06-11-2020, 01:43 PM
I was always on the seasonal bangwagon. I don't think it will be spanish flu bad second wave wise though. The most interesting development will be whether someone who already had it, gets it again

hater
06-11-2020, 01:53 PM
I was always on the seasonal bangwagon. I don't think it will be spanish flu bad second wave wise though. The most interesting development will be whether someone who already had it, gets it again

Spanish flu 2nd wave killed mostly the children and young. If coronavirus does that then its goodbye world

Disagree with your last point. Only about 5% of the population got infected the first wave.

Trainwreck2100
06-11-2020, 01:56 PM
Spanish flu 2nd wave killed mostly the children and young. If coronavirus does that then its goodbye world

Disagree with your last point. Only about 5% of the population got infected the first wave.

If there is a reinfection though, that may affect the vaccine development.

baseline bum
06-11-2020, 01:57 PM

Where are you getting only a 5% infection rate though? I remember LA County's antibody testing indicated a 4.5% infection rate while New York City's indicated about a 20% infection rate, but fuck that was a month, maybe a month and a half ago.

baseline bum
06-11-2020, 01:59 PM

I thought Spanish flu mostly fucked teens to thirties since younger than teens don't have the full immune response while forty and above had a bit of immunity from exposure to previous pandemic flus.

hater
06-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Where are you getting only a 5% infection rate though? I remember LA County's antibody testing indicated a 4.5% infection rate while New York City's indicated about a 20% infection rate, but fuck that was a month, maybe a month and a half ago.

Just giving a best case scenario tbqh

Sweden must be most infected country and they barely at 7% and most likely no other country even close

So you are right most likely less than 5%

hater
06-11-2020, 02:17 PM
I thought Spanish flu mostly fucked teens to thirties since younger than teens don't have the full immune response while forty and above had a bit of immunity from exposure to previous pandemic flus.

You are right I was tbinking more on pregnant women

While the global pandemic lasted for two years, a significant number of deaths were packed into three especially cruel months in the fall of 1918. Historians now believe that the fatal severity of the Spanish flu’s “second wave” was caused by a mutated virus spread by wartime troop movements.

In our case the "troop movements" could be the BLM protests :lol

hater
06-11-2020, 02:21 PM
If history repeats itself:

Yet the first wave of the virus didn't appear to be particularly deadly, with symptoms like high fever and malaise usually lasting only three days. According to limited public health data from the time, mortality rates were similar to seasonal flu.

Reported cases of Spanish flu dropped off over the summer of 1918, and there was hope at the beginning of August that the virus had run its course. In retrospect, it was only the calm before the storm. Somewhere in Europe, a mutated strain of the Spanish flu virus had emerged that had the power to kill a perfectly healthy young man or woman within 24 hours of showing the first signs of infection.

RandomGuy
06-11-2020, 02:24 PM
I'm for people doing whatever they want.

Do what they wilt shall be the whole of the law.

How do you deal with the tragedy of the commons?

tholdren
06-11-2020, 02:25 PM
You didn't comment on his 5G deaths. Science!
Because it makes as much sense as how covid cases deaths and hospitalizations are counted in usa. You want to argue about death rates but you don't realize that every country counts rates differently. Sad for you.

RandomGuy
06-11-2020, 02:25 PM
as for the OP:

Hasn't changed since the beginning. Won't change appreciably any time soon.

tholdren
06-11-2020, 02:26 PM
Just giving a best case scenario tbqh

Sweden must be most infected country and they barely at 7% and most likely no other country even close

So you are right most likely less than 5%

lol must be? No evidence to even make that assumption.

slick'81
06-11-2020, 02:31 PM
If history repeats itself:

Yet the first wave of the virus didn't appear to be particularly deadly, with symptoms like high fever and malaise usually lasting only three days. According to limited public health data from the time, mortality rates were similar to seasonal flu.

Reported cases of Spanish flu dropped off over the summer of 1918, and there was hope at the beginning of August that the virus had run its course. In retrospect, it was only the calm before the storm. Somewhere in Europe, a mutated strain of the Spanish flu virus had emerged that had the power to kill a perfectly healthy young man or woman within 24 hours of showing the first signs of infection.

Ontario with its lowest totals in three months. Numbers actually dropping lol@usa

tholdren
06-11-2020, 02:37 PM
Ontario with its lowest totals in three months. Numbers actually dropping lol@usa

So is usa....

TimDunkem
06-11-2020, 02:54 PM

3rd world countries don't do well with pandemics.

boutons_deux
06-11-2020, 03:42 PM

not any worse than Trash's intentionally, disastrously unprepared, doing-horribly USA.

Jamaica / pop 3M is doing better than SA-Austin metro area.

JM shut down in early March, no flights, cruise ships denied port.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/jamaica/

hater
06-11-2020, 04:16 PM

According to trump its a badge of honor to have 110 thousand carcasses

tholdren
06-11-2020, 04:58 PM
According to trump its a badge of honor to have 110 thousand carcasses

So everyone who has died with covid would have lived? Forever if they haven't gotten covid? I'm not sure I understood

clambake
06-11-2020, 05:24 PM
So everyone who has died with covid would have lived? Forever if they haven't gotten covid? I'm not sure I understood

Yeah dipshit, if you don’t get the virus you live forever

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Because:lmao you believe in 5G deaths

DMC
06-11-2020, 06:08 PM

Patently false. All anyone is saying is that the message should be consistent. Should not look at one person's cause and say say it justifies putting millions of lives in danger while another person's cause doesn't. Who are they to say? Are they the morality police now?

DMC
06-11-2020, 06:10 PM

You should put a gun in your mouth and make all of your dreams come true. You seem to want the end of the world and you keep calling for it.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Patently false. All anyone is saying is that the message should be consistent. Should not look at one person's cause and say say it justifies putting millions of lives in danger while another person's cause doesn't. Who are they to say? Are they the morality police now?Well, it looks like you have an opinion too.

Maybe.

Probably not.

They have one. Big deal.

DMC
06-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Cause of death is trump

In 2016 you said he was the best thing for the country.

DMC
06-11-2020, 06:13 PM
Well, it looks like you have an opinion too.

Maybe.

Probably not.

They have one. Big deal.

Medical experts advice now just opinion

clambake
06-11-2020, 06:15 PM

I said both of them are for shit, countless times.

I was right

DMC
06-11-2020, 06:20 PM
I said both of them are for shit, countless times.

I was right

No I already cited you here.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 06:21 PM
Medical experts advice now just opinionWe've been reopening on the medical advice of Balous Miller, so I'm not overly concerned about any alleged controversy about public health notables.

tholdren
06-11-2020, 06:23 PM
Yeah dipshit, if you don’t get the virus you live forever

Is that why you think lockdowns save lives?

tholdren
06-11-2020, 06:24 PM
:lmao you believe in 5G deaths

why when responding with a quote do you always not include the whole quote to try and favor your stance? Do you have poor logic so you utilize framing?

clambake
06-11-2020, 06:27 PM
No I already cited you here.

Pull up the statement I made

I’m curious to see how wrong I could be

Dirks_Finale
:lol

That's real talk. Funny, It always seems to be the guys who's neck looks like a pack of hotdogs that don't wear masks. Morbid obesity is the #1 co-morbidity killer for those with Corona Virus. Because if you have that condition you are most likely diabetic with high BP and other issues. Talk to the nurses who worked NYC during it's height. The beds were full of obese people on ventilators.

All you fat necks with underlying conditions should care tbh. If you a diabetic and you get COVID-19, it's likely you = f:lolcked

ChumpDumper
whyBecause you always change the subject and nothing you say is worth repeating.

:lmao you believe in 5G deaths.

baseline bum
06-11-2020, 06:29 PM
We've been reopening on the medical advice of Balous Miller

Dirks_Finale
06-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Masks work. It's not a big conspiracy theory against Trump...it's not a placebo, science says it works and we have seen the virus under control when people play ball and wear them.

https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/widespread-facemask-use-could-shrink-the-r-number-and-prevent-a-second-covid-19-wave-study

Also what works -- not gathering downtown and breathing in aerosols from thousands of strangers.

tholdren
06-11-2020, 06:34 PM
Because you always change the subject and nothing you say is worth repeating.

:lmao you believe in 5G deaths.
No, but you can continue to misquote since you have no luck with logic and numbers.

clambake
06-11-2020, 06:36 PM
No, but you can continue to misquote since you have no luck with logic and numbers.

I keep hearing this. Can you show the numbers?

pgardn
06-11-2020, 06:36 PM

I had no idea his name was Balous.

It has the sound of a man with great size.
Should have kept it for his Q places.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2020, 06:41 PM
NoOf course you do.

DMC
06-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Pull up the statement I made

I’m curious to see how wrong I could be
ok, sometimes people are intimidated and afraid. i'll go first.

i think that trump is the best thing that coulda happened.

DMC
06-11-2020, 06:53 PM
Masks work. It's not a big conspiracy theory against Trump...it's not a placebo, science says it works and we have seen the virus under control when people play ball and wear them.

https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/widespread-facemask-use-could-shrink-the-r-number-and-prevent-a-second-covid-19-wave-study

Also what works -- not gathering downtown and breathing in aerosols from thousands of strangers.

But you can't breathe in aerosols if masks work.

clambake
06-11-2020, 06:53 PM

Thanks for bumping that thread where I didn’t say that

DMC
06-11-2020, 06:55 PM
why when responding with a quote do you always not include the whole quote to try and favor your stance? Do you have poor logic so you utilize framing?

Dishonest broker, low IQ but high ego. He spent two decades building the reputation he has. Imagine that.

DMC
06-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Thanks for bumping that thread where I didn’t say that

I quoted you already in this thread. You sure are wrong about a lot and you don't want to take ownership of it.

clambake
06-11-2020, 07:00 PM
I quoted you already in this thread. You sure are wrong about a lot and you don't want to take ownership of it.

Just show where I said that

That’s something easy for you

clambake
06-11-2020, 07:01 PM
Oh, and thanks for bumping that thread where I didn’t say that

ElNono
06-11-2020, 07:11 PM

https://i.redd.it/rqe1sqh978c11.jpg

boutons_deux
06-11-2020, 07:31 PM
The economy is going to suck if more people continue to get sick and die. Everyone else may feel even more uneasy about going out. On the flipside, shutting down for a year or two can't be sustained.

The best we can hope for is to meet in the middle and wait it out. Sometimes life just gives you no good options.

classic dilemma:

social-distance to stay safe, but end up on the street,

or

go to work and get ill or dead.

10Ms don't have paid time off for illness or health insurance, no safety net for them

TimDunkem
06-11-2020, 07:36 PM
classic dilemma:

social-distance to stay safe, but end up on the street,

or

go to work and get ill or dead.

10Ms don't have paid time off for illness or health insurance, no safety net for them

Many of those going back to work for low wages too. Lol If they thought a raise was coming before this happened...:lol

slick'81
06-11-2020, 07:37 PM
https://i.redd.it/rqe1sqh978c11.jpg

Yea being a manipulating conman doesnt make you smart. Just the people who listen stupid

boutons_deux
06-11-2020, 07:39 PM
An article in the Atlantic thinks 2020 feels like 2007, with the real financial catastrophe taking a year to arrive, 2021 being like 2008.

BigFinance has probably screwed us all, again.

Marx was brilliant 150 years ago, saying give Capitalists enough rope, and they will hang themselves (and all of us with them)

LkrFan
06-11-2020, 07:45 PM

That's real talk. Funny, It always seems to be the guys who's neck looks like a pack of hotdogs that don't wear masks. Morbid obesity is the #1 co-morbidity killer for those with Corona Virus. Because if you have that condition you are most likely diabetic with high BP and other issues. Talk to the nurses who worked NYC during it's height. The beds were full of obese people on ventilators.

I didn't know DMC was a 12th man

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/55/55/69/555569a3bea739f920bd138007f0a8f7.png

clambake
06-11-2020, 07:56 PM
LOL

tholdren
06-11-2020, 08:38 PM
An article in the Atlantic thinks 2020 feels like 2007, with the real financial catastrophe taking a year to arrive, 2021 being like 2008.

BigFinance has probably screwed us all, again.

Marx was brilliant 150 years ago, saying give Capitalists enough rope, and they will hang themselves (and all of us with them)

Lol.

DMC
06-11-2020, 09:03 PM
ok, sometimes people are intimidated and afraid. i'll go first.

i think that trump is the best thing that coulda happened.

Spurtacular
06-11-2020, 09:04 PM

Spurtacular
06-11-2020, 09:11 PM
Dishonest broker, low IQ but high ego.

Never figured out if he's blake or slob or just someone in the same group of gimps.

:I'll just have to call him Blob. :lmao

diego
06-11-2020, 09:35 PM
Patently false. All anyone is saying is that the message should be consistent. Should not look at one person's cause and say say it justifies putting millions of lives in danger while another person's cause doesn't. Who are they to say? Are they the morality police now?

why not ask for the same consistency from the people saying its time to open up/plandemic/its only the flu all of a sudden changing their tune? truth is there were some of those people that acknowledged there was a risk and considered it acceptable, just like there are people on the other side who do the same; while others on both sides happily changed their stance to accomodate their goals. apparently its a huge discovery to find that people evaluate risks based on their perception of cost and benefit regardless of their politics... in my experience, i think rightwingers are much more likely to forgive their politician for hypocrisy than leftists, in just about every country I've been in, and its a characteristic that allows them to win a lot elections they would otherwise have no shot of winning because the poor majority cant find a good candidate everyone can get behind, even for stupid shit like not using the right pronouns, while the right will just look the other way on actual criminal offenses (and no Im not talking just about Trump or the US but they certainly qualify).

DMC
06-11-2020, 09:40 PM
why not ask for the same consistency from the people saying its time to open up/plandemic/its only the flu all of a sudden changing their tune? truth is there were some of those people that acknowledged there was a risk and considered it acceptable, just like there are people on the other side who do the same; while others on both sides happily changed their stance to accomodate their goals. apparently its a huge discovery to find that people evaluate risks based on their perception of cost and benefit regardless of their politics... in my experience, i think rightwingers are much more likely to forgive their politician for hypocrisy than leftists, in just about every country I've been in, and its a characteristic that allows them to win a lot elections they would otherwise have no shot of winning because the poor majority cant find a good candidate everyone can get behind, even for stupid shit like not using the right pronouns, while the right will just look the other way on actual criminal offenses (and no Im not talking just about Trump or the US but they certainly qualify).

Totally ignored my response.. offered partisan op ed.

Spurtacular
06-11-2020, 09:52 PM

What shit hole are you from?

DMC
06-11-2020, 09:54 PM
Glamflake running from his Trump support... :lol

Spurtacular
06-11-2020, 09:55 PM
Glamflake running from his Trump support... :lol

:lol Where is that quote from?

DMC
06-11-2020, 09:58 PM
:lol Where is that quote from?
I bumped thread in club

ElNono
06-11-2020, 10:29 PM
I care, tbh... would like shit to slowly go back to normal...

hater
06-11-2020, 10:37 PM
You should put a gun in your mouth and make all of your dreams come true. You seem to want the end of the world and you keep calling for it.

You seem to fantasize a lot about men putting things in their mouths faggot

I dont go that way try your usual spot: therectum.com chat forum nancy

SnakeBoy
06-11-2020, 11:02 PM
I care, tbh... would like shit to slowly go back to normal...

Why slowly? The people at high risk will remain at high risk.

diego
06-11-2020, 11:11 PM
What shit hole are you from?

My answer depends on what you mean by from, but it doesn't matter, just another shithole like the us getting ripped by rona and social unrest

ElNono
06-11-2020, 11:12 PM
Why slowly? The people at high risk will remain at high risk.

Because in order to protect high risk people we all have to do some part. That means mask, distancing... some businesses not being open, some at reduced capacity, etc.

Heck, company has us WFH until september... I would prefer if it wouldn't go beyond that.

diego
06-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Totally ignored my response.. offered partisan op ed.

Only one ignoring the response is you. You said you were consistent from day one, points for me, but my response is that there is always inconsistency on whichever side, and you are inconsistently seeking the ones to call out for being inconsistent because this is basically normal behavior that everyone engages in for the reasons I explained in my previous post

hater
06-11-2020, 11:17 PM
Because in order to protect high risk people we all have to do some part. That means mask, distancing... some businesses not being open, some at reduced capacity, etc.

Heck, company has us WFH until september... I would prefer if it wouldn't go beyond that.

Bless u ma niga

Its to avoid overwhelming the hospitals which makes sense

Funny my clients also will go back to office in September. Your coworkers must do a lot of drugs too :lmao

My clients are in the big banks. Those mofos have inside knowledge. So your company must be in that same level

ElNono
06-11-2020, 11:53 PM
Bless u ma niga

Its to avoid overwhelming the hospitals which makes sense

Funny my clients also will go back to office in September. Your coworkers must do a lot of drugs too :lmao

My clients are in the big banks. Those mofos have inside knowledge. So your company must be in that same level

:toast

velik_m
06-11-2020, 11:58 PM
This is not second wave, USA is still in the first wave.

baseline bum
06-12-2020, 12:04 AM

We need God of War VII before COVID kills us all off tbh.

slick'81
06-12-2020, 12:08 AM
We need God of War VII before COVID kills us all off tbh.

Or atleast zelda botr 2,tbh

clambake
06-12-2020, 01:10 AM
[/B]

You killed me. I made the worst call ever.

Nice job

Spurtacular
06-12-2020, 01:32 AM
My answer depends on what you mean by from, but it doesn't matter, just another shithole like the us getting ripped by rona and social unrest

You apparently migrated here from a shit hole. Which one?

tholdren
06-12-2020, 11:37 AM

This is illogical.

tholdren
06-12-2020, 12:14 PM
Drug overdoses killed more than covid..
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/overdose-deaths-bc-1.5607792

boutons_deux
06-12-2020, 12:19 PM
Oregon "cares"

as cases mount, OR delays re-opening by one week (and no doubt more weeks to follow)

tholdren
06-12-2020, 12:23 PM
Oregon "cares"

as cases mount, OR delays re-opening by one week (and no doubt more weeks to follow)
Well that is certainly dumb

boutons_deux
06-12-2020, 12:27 PM
Well that is certainly dumb

You are well suited to judge, well acquainted with what is dumb

tholdren
06-12-2020, 12:29 PM
You are well suited to judge, well acquainted with what is dumb
That state has less than 175 deaths and 5k cases.

FrostKing
06-12-2020, 12:31 PM
https://i.ibb.co/PTCPN8m/55263-1-1.png

ElNono
06-12-2020, 04:48 PM
This is illogical.

cool story

tholdren
06-12-2020, 05:37 PM
cool story

Not as cool as you shifting to a demo and then thinking that this demo is magically infected with the virus.... unless others do things to save them?

Illogical

ElNono
06-12-2020, 05:40 PM
Not as cool as you shifting to a demo and then thinking that this demo is magically infected with the virus.... unless others do things to save them?

Illogical

cool story

tholdren
06-12-2020, 05:54 PM
Continuing to quote only takes attention and highlights your flip flop. Do you take mock drafts as fact too?

koriwhat
06-12-2020, 05:56 PM
At this point fuck everything to do with covid and trust nothing coming from the flip flopping CDC nor the WHO. Fuck the nonsense!

tholdren
06-12-2020, 06:02 PM
At this point fuck everything to do with covid and trust nothing coming from the flip flopping CDC nor the WHO. Fuck the nonsense!
If it weren't for the cdcs ignorance trump would have never been right, don't let the cure be worse than the disease.

All case fatalities converging with covid fatalities combined with economic downfall makes it looks like he was correct. If you are unbiased with the data.

Winehole23
06-12-2020, 06:11 PM
This is not second wave, USA is still in the first wave.Can't believe it took this long for somebody to point that out.

slick'81
06-12-2020, 06:24 PM
Can't believe it took this long for somebody to point that out.

Riight :lol 2nd wave !? Shit never left

tholdren
06-12-2020, 08:35 PM
Can't believe it took this long for somebody to point that out.
100 percent false. Covid-19 deaths are following a completely seasonal curve

diego
06-13-2020, 12:18 AM
You apparently migrated here from a shit hole. Which one?

actually my parents emigrated to the US and I eventually turned down citizenship and chose to come back to my shithole. the women and the food are better.

Spurtacular
06-13-2020, 03:37 AM
actually my parents emigrated to the US and I eventually turned down citizenship and chose to come back to my shithole. the women and the food are better.

If you were born here, why are you speaking pigeon English?

You don't come from a shit hole; you're just a shithead.

ElNono
06-13-2020, 04:09 AM

Don't pay attention to xenophobes... you'll be lucky if they got out of their basement.

baseline bum
06-13-2020, 06:34 AM
If you were born here, why are you speaking pigeon English?

You don't come from a shit hole; you're just a shithead.

pidgin English, he's not a fucking bird

DMC
06-13-2020, 08:20 AM
cooooo story

tholdren
06-13-2020, 08:48 AM

Need to block more people because that's science!

ChumpDumper
06-13-2020, 11:51 AM

vy65
06-13-2020, 12:05 PM

:lmao

tholdren
06-13-2020, 01:25 PM
no there is not

boutons_deux
06-13-2020, 01:42 PM
no 2nd wave, the 1st wave has a very high and very probably long tail

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&casesMetric=true&dailyFreq=true&perCapita=true&smoothing=7&country=~USA

tholdren
06-13-2020, 03:20 PM
no 2nd wave, the 1st wave has a very high and very probably long tail

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&casesMetric=true&dailyFreq=true&perCapita=true&smoothing=7&country=~USA

Well at least you are finally trying to use logic. Understand that the way deaths and cases are counted and reported make the length of the tail of both curves infinite. But who needs accurate or timely data.

Nathan89
06-13-2020, 03:32 PM
Medical professionals were applauding protests so I don't see any reason to do anything beyond mask wearing. The government needs to back the fuck off with all their bullshit shutdowns and let people take their own risks.