PDA

View Full Version : Pop rips Goodell, Kraft, Jerry Jones

ElNono
06-13-2020, 09:14 PM
“A smart man is running the N.F.L. and he didn’t understand the difference between the flag and what makes the country great — all the people who fought to allow Kaepernick to have the right to kneel for justice,” he says. “The flag is irrelevant. It’s just a symbol that people glom onto for political reasons, just like Cheney back in the Iraq war.”

He continues about Goodell: “He got intimidated when Trump jumped on the kneeling” and “he folded.” Popovich says it is analogous to Republican lawmakers who support Trump out of fear “that they’ll get tweeted out of their office and not get elected the next go-round.” Don’t Tom Cotton and Lindsey Graham have people at home they are embarrassed to look in the eye, he ponders.

A handful of NFL owners, including the New England Patriots’ Robert Kraft and Dallas Cowboys’ Jerry Jones, donated millions to Trump’s Inaugural Committee for 2017. Some of these same organizations have said after George Floyd’s homicide by police that they stand with black lives and are committed to making change. They’ve also pledged money to causes, though Jones has been uncharacteristically quiet.

Popovich isn’t on board with that. Via the Times:

“It’s just hypocritical,” he replies. “It’s incongruent. It doesn’t make sense. People aren’t blind. Do you go to your staff and your players and talk about injustices and democracy and how to protest? I don’t get it. I think they put themselves in a position that’s untenable.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popovich-says-roger-goodell-folded-after-trump-criticized-nfl-players-protesting-203421712.html

RD2191
06-13-2020, 09:28 PM
Fuck Jerry Jones. Tbh

Nathan89
06-13-2020, 09:30 PM
Only an idiot thinks the flag is irrelevant in a country where citizens increasingly share no common ground with other citizens.

tdominate21
06-13-2020, 09:32 PM
What's pop's opinion on the Hong Kong situation?

*Crickets***

$$$

Hypocrite

ducks
06-13-2020, 09:33 PM
Kraft gave millions to USA
Went and got medical stuff for USA
Let’s bash him pop
Damm you really hate the USA!
You one bitter bitter man that needs to stay out of politics!
Trump is living in your head 24-7

People might listen to you if you and Kerr speak out against China
Until then shut the hell up and get your team ready to win a title this year

ducks
06-13-2020, 09:35 PM
Why does not pop comment on walker coming out instead of bashing the President of the country where he lives ?

tim_duncan_fan
06-13-2020, 09:58 PM
Only an idiot thinks the flag is irrelevant in a country where citizens increasingly share no common ground with other citizens.

Common ground should be coming together on occasion to celebrate the variety and otherwise leaving people the hell alome.

Only half-wits need some goofy symbol in order to find direction in life of family. What this country really needs is better education and preventative counseling to minimize the birth of more half-wits.

If we could convince Fox News watchers and people who don't try to do anything else before living the street life not to reproduce, we'd be in good shape.

Why does not pop comment on walker coming out instead of bashing the President of the country where he lives ?

Because Walker isn't a silver-spooned criminal moron?

spurs10
06-13-2020, 10:41 PM
The whole interview in the New York Times is excellent. So proud of him speaking out! There is a brief mention of those who were threatening to stop buying season tickets if he didn't button it up. That worked out well for them didn't it?

:flag:

KobesAchilles
06-13-2020, 10:58 PM
I agree with Pop. He’s dead on accurate. Protest was never about the flag. I ripped Kap before bc he clearly didn’t think things out with his protest. He was making it up on the fly, pig socks one day and apology the next, sitting and then kneeling, wearing a fucking Castro shirt in Miami which is akin to a White player wearing a Nathan Bedford Forest shirt. But Kaps message was spot on.

i just really wish he had the same courage and commitment with China. Bc that’s the obvious criticism. When you are going to take the holier than thou approach you can’t have on your record the same exact situation that Pop is criticizing. He folded to China where atleast Goodel folded to America

ElNono
06-13-2020, 11:03 PM

^^^ this revisionist history is pathetic, tbh...

America was built primarily by immigrants of all sorts of nationalities, tbh... we largely killed the local population...

Also ironic when there's apparently not one but two flags losers pledge allegiance to...

ElNono
06-13-2020, 11:05 PM
definitely not the flag or mementos that will bring this country together, but the social shunning of ignorant people like ducks or Kraft, tbh

BackHome
06-13-2020, 11:10 PM
Yeah that’s why I can’t stand Pop he talks out of his ASS when he could have taken a stand against China he pussies out. He got so much shit to say about every other person and organization but when the Light was on China he was like a cockroach and scurried into the night. It’s like it’s in your own house and you ain’t going to say one word

baseline bum
06-13-2020, 11:15 PM
^ Can't believe this faggot named his dogs Wuhan and Corona

DAF86
06-13-2020, 11:37 PM

By the looks of it, folks already don't share a common ground in terms of standing for the anthem, so why bitch about it? Did you know there are some religions that prevent people from singing the anthem of a country? Some even go the depths of giving their backs to the flag. Are you going to protest against those people's beliefs?

ElNono
06-13-2020, 11:38 PM
Yeah that’s why I can’t stand Pop he talks out of his ASS when he could have taken a stand against China he pussies out. He got so much shit to say about every other person and organization but when the Light was on China he was like a cockroach and scurried into the night. It’s like it’s in your own house and you ain’t going to say one word

China is deflection. He's American, he wants America to be better. America first, right?

alpha_HaZE
06-13-2020, 11:48 PM
Pop with the truth bomb, people need to listen to him more.

Play Boban
06-14-2020, 12:08 AM
Lots of swerving

Nathan89
06-14-2020, 12:09 AM
^^^ this revisionist history is pathetic, tbh...

America was built primarily by immigrants of all sorts of nationalities, tbh... we largely killed the local population...

Also ironic when there's apparently not one but two flags losers pledge allegiance to...

There was more commonality between the immigrants than there currently is in America.

Very few people own a Confederate flag or have pledge allegiance to said flag.

Nathan89
06-14-2020, 12:14 AM
By the looks of it, folks already don't share a common ground in terms of standing for the anthem, so why bitch about it? Did you know there are some religions that prevent people from singing the anthem of a country? Some even go the depths of giving their backs to the flag. Are you going to protest against those people's beliefs?

Yeah, there is no common ground. That's why this country is going to divide into multiple countries.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 12:19 AM
There was more commonality between the immigrants than there currently is in America.

Do you have anything to back this up?

Very few people own a Confederate flag or have pledge allegiance to said flag.

Last poll I recall (2011, here (https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2011/05/18/positive-reaction-to-the-confederate-flag/)) was ~9% of the US population. That's roughly 30 million people. A minority of losers for sure, but I wouldn't necessarily describe it as "very few people".

Yeah, there is no common ground. That's why this country is going to divide into multiple countries.

Sorry, but no, it isn't. We're just going to socially shun and embarrass xenophobes like you instead.

DMC
06-14-2020, 12:27 AM
Roger Goodell didn't bench Tim Duncan during the most crucial "need a stop" possession in the 2013 NBA Finals.

Nathan89
06-14-2020, 12:34 AM
Do you have anything to back this up?

Last poll I recall (2011, here (https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2011/05/18/positive-reaction-to-the-confederate-flag/)) was ~9% of the US population. That's roughly 30 million people. A minority of losers for sure, but I wouldn't necessarily describe it as "very few people".

Sorry, but no, it isn't. We're just going to socially shun and embarrass xenophobes like you instead.

Speaking off the cuff(though influenced from others I've been reading discussing this) . As you know I expect the country to split apart and this is obviously a major factor in that expectation.

A positive reaction is not the same as "allegiance". Also even if some had "allegiance" if they also have that for America then it's not a big deal. Overall this is not very noteworthy imo.

Nathan89
06-14-2020, 12:35 AM
Roger Goodell didn't bench Tim Duncan during the most crucial "need a stop" possession in the 2013 NBA Finals.

That's a good point.:lol

DMC
06-14-2020, 12:42 AM
I'm tired of reading about Pop's military background and how that shaped who he is. For fucks sake he served 5 years and even then only did basketball. What shaped who Pop is can be traced back to which side his bread gets buttered - namely that he's made a fortune off of the talent of genetically gifted black men and in the process he's acted like a "father figure" which means basically the bossman.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 12:56 AM
Speaking off the cuff(though influenced from others I've been reading discussing this) . As you know I expect the country to split apart and this is obviously a major factor in that expectation.

So you can't back it up. Don't beat around the bush, just say it.

The country isn't splitting apart mostly because people like you are a tiny minority who are all talk. You won't do absolutely anything about it.

A positive reaction is not the same as "allegiance". Also even if some had "allegiance" if they also have that for America then it's not a big deal. Overall this is not very noteworthy imo.

It's the closest number we have, do you have anything better?

You need to work on your credibility, making claims is easy, backing them up not so much.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 01:08 AM
I'm tired of reading about Pop's military background and how that shaped who he is. For fucks sake he served 5 years and even then only did basketball. What shaped who Pop is can be traced back to which side his bread gets buttered - namely that he's made a fortune off of the talent of genetically gifted black men and in the process he's acted like a "father figure" which means basically the bossman.

True, but at least he's cognizant of his privileged position, which is not always a given. I know I've disagreed plenty about Pop the coach and the ultimate media asshole, but he's not always wrong.

alpha_HaZE
06-14-2020, 01:28 AM
True, but at least he's cognizant of his privileged position, which is not always a given. I know I've disagreed plenty about Pop the coach and the ultimate media asshole, but he's not always wrong.

No need to argue with that fool, the Spurs being one of the most racially diverse teams in the league proves him wrong. It's not Pop's fault he is white and one of the best at what he does. He is the first to tell you he is privileged, but he uses that privilege to do good things, such as to speak up for racial justice and against police brutality.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 01:38 AM
No need to argue with that fool, the Spurs being one of the most racially diverse teams in the league proves him wrong. It's not Pop's fault he is white and one of the best at what he does. He is the first to tell you he is privileged, but he uses that privilege to do good things, such as to speak up for racial justice and against police brutality.

And it goes without saying that he's in a position, both economically and socially, where it really doesn't matter who the president is. How good or bad that person is at their job. He could easily stay quiet, funnel a bunch of money to the candidates of his choice, and don't risk anything with political opinions.

Yet he's courageous enough to speak up, and should be recognized.

spurs10
06-14-2020, 01:43 AM
Good work by the OP I have to say.

Nathan89
06-14-2020, 03:37 AM
So you can't back it up. Don't beat around the bush, just say it.

The country isn't splitting apart mostly because people like you are a tiny minority who are all talk. You won't do absolutely anything about it.

It's the closest number we have, do you have anything better?

You need to work on your credibility, making claims is easy, backing them up not so much.

You made a claim and didn't back it up.

Nathan89
06-14-2020, 03:42 AM
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1272009086297497600?s=20

These leftists really hate that symbol.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 04:14 AM
You made a claim and didn't back it up.

Do tell... plenty of people reading here, I think I supported my contention fairly well, no questions asked so far.

If it's the pledge aspect, I'll be happy to correct my statement to "bunch of losers having a positive reaction to the confederate flag".

How about you, are you gonna step up your game?

Spurtacular
06-14-2020, 05:30 AM
Does Gregg ever shut the fuck up?

DPG21920
06-14-2020, 07:26 AM
Love Pop. But he’s been taking checks from a family that also donated to Trump.

Sure, unlike other owners, Holts have always apparently allowed Pop to speak freely despite it going against their political beliefs but the part about donations making people hypocritical is a little odd with that context.

exstatic
06-14-2020, 07:50 AM

You’ve got that just exactly backwards. China isn’t his house, the US is.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 08:08 AM
Love Pop. But he’s been taking checks from a family that also donated to Trump.

Sure, unlike other owners, Holts have always apparently allowed Pop to speak freely despite it going against their political beliefs but the part about donations making people hypocritical is a little odd with that context.

To be fair, he's not the one that singled them out. Wonder if his response is the same when it comes to the Holts.

dbestpro
06-14-2020, 08:10 AM
What I do know is you will never win a debate by not allowing your opponent to speak or by using insults. It takes an extreme level of intelligence and communication skills to get people to agree. Shutting them down or insulting them creates a deeper divide.

exstatic
06-14-2020, 08:26 AM
What I do know is you will never win a debate by not allowing your opponent to speak or by using insults. It takes an extreme level of intelligence and communication skills to get people to agree. Shutting them down or insulting them creates a deeper divide.

So
Much
This

Mugen
06-14-2020, 08:32 AM

The Trumpers/Bunker Boys (especially the ones on the internet) are beyond gone tbh. Donnie has been shitting in their mouths the last 4 years and their response is still "May I have another?"

No amount of intelligence, communication skills, or facts for that matter are changing these idiots' minds.

pad300
06-14-2020, 09:02 AM
The Trumpers/Bunker Boys (especially the ones on the internet) are beyond gone tbh. Donnie has been shitting in their mouths the last 4 years and their response is still "May I have another?"

No amount of intelligence, communication skills, or facts for that matter are changing these idiots' minds.

And we're back to an "irredeemable" "basket of deplorables"... Who by implication should be at best second class citizens, if not outright serfs, to their "betters", who hate them. Tell me again how well you think this will work out for you?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-14-2020, 09:09 AM
we’ll all be checking the scoreboard in november and that will be that

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-14-2020, 09:10 AM
And we're back to an "irredeemable" "basket of deplorables"... Who by implication should be at best second class citizens, if not outright serfs, to their "betters", who hate them. Tell me again how well you think this will work out for you?

but also lmao are you talking about dems and reps or magas and blacks?

DPG21920
06-14-2020, 09:20 AM
To be fair, he's not the one that singled them out. Wonder if his response is the same when it comes to the Holts.

And I’m not saying I agree with the premise of donations = monster or hypocrisy. Just pointing it out that to speak on that while not addressing your employer did it as well? It’s odd.

DPG21920
06-14-2020, 09:21 AM

Look, what the nba did and has done in China is wrong and they botched it. It was cowardly and nothing changes that and we shouldn’t do mental gymnastics to justify it.

That still doesn’t change what they are doing in USA or invalidate it but let’s not be dishonest about China.

Kurgan
06-14-2020, 09:37 AM

Pop only speaks out on issues as long as it doesn't affect his bottom line. Mention China and he's the quietest voice in the room. He loves that blood money from the CCP. All his diatribes on fascism ring hollow when he won't address the most authoritarian country on the planet. China's human rights abuses are downright horrific considering they're actively committing a genocide on their Uighur minorities(and proud of it considering all the concentration camps). But that's okay to Pop as long as the check clears. It's just disillusioning to see Pop, along with the rest of the NBA, put a gag order on Morey, the only NBA voice that had the balls to speak out against the CCP.

Kurgan
06-14-2020, 09:43 AM

China has billions invested in the NBA. That's literally his house.

baseline bum
06-14-2020, 09:45 AM

No expects to convert the Bunker Bitch's cult.

Nathan89
06-14-2020, 10:01 AM
Do tell... plenty of people reading here, I think I supported my contention fairly well, no questions asked so far.

If it's the pledge aspect, I'll be happy to correct my statement to "bunch of losers having a positive reaction to the confederate flag".

How about you, are you gonna step up your game?

That's an accurate statement.

I link information regularly. Not everything has data to back it up.

exstatic
06-14-2020, 10:11 AM
China has billions invested in the NBA. That's literally his house.

He could walk away from the NBA tomorrow, and not have a thing to do with China ever again. Not his house.

Why does Trump roundly criticize China for militarizing against their population, and do the same to his own?

dbestpro
06-14-2020, 10:34 AM

Insulting others is talking at people not talking to people. When you do this you are not for change but are supporting more of the same.

Nathan89
06-14-2020, 10:50 AM

Sorry, the left is torturing children based on false narratives. If you worried about people being far gone then be worried about them.

You have people filled with white guilt kissing boots, washing feet, and begging for forgiveness.

You have billion dollar companies implementing racist policies and the media, politicians, and most people are silent.

If you want to be concerned with those that are far gone then add these to your list.

Gibbz
06-14-2020, 11:59 AM
Muh freedom cloth :(

InRareForm
06-14-2020, 12:45 PM
Pop is right

Genovaswitness
06-14-2020, 12:47 PM
Jerry Jones is 500 times the man poop will ever be

BackHome
06-14-2020, 02:24 PM
Pop is littering killing the Spurs organization by continuing to be such a Ass Hole for one how he treats reporters who are just trying to do their job. He acts like they are beneath his superiority of basketball knowledge and how dare they ever question his decisions.

The second how he treats his players that’s why Kawhi had enough and bailed the same thing is going to happen with Walker and Keldon. You could see it at the end of season the players had enough of Pops ego and were just giving up and not listening to him he lost the team. And that’s the real reason players do not want to play for the Spurs they say nice things in front of the TV but none sign up cause they don’t want to deal with his Ego.

Third if Pop was so WOKE how come he doesn’t have a black assistant coach who he is grooming to take over the Spurs? Yeah he picked up Becky but come on man out of all the black basketball assistant coaches, ex nba players he couldn’t find one who he thought could replace him???

FrostKing
06-14-2020, 03:02 PM
I agree with Pop. He’s dead on accurate. Protest was never about the flag. I ripped Kap before bc he clearly didn’t think things out with his protest. He was making it up on the fly, pig socks one day and apology the next, sitting and then kneeling, wearing a fucking Castro shirt in Miami which is akin to a White player wearing a Nathan Bedford Forest shirt. But Kaps message was spot on.

i just really wish he had the same courage and commitment with China. Bc that’s the obvious criticism. When you are going to take the holier than thou approach you can’t have on your record the same exact situation that Pop is criticizing. He folded to China where atleast Goodel folded to America
I am a 49er fan. Kaepernick didn't start speaking on social issues until he lost his starting position.

If you notice his GF does most of the political commentary. He's just a mixed raced kid raised in Wisconsin looking for somewhere to fit in.

He chose the flag because he knew it is the easiest way to cause a stir. Surprised the black community is still following this confused kid.

elbamba1
06-14-2020, 03:08 PM
China is deflection. He's American, he wants America to be better. America first, right?

For years Pop had no problems taking money from Red McCombs or Peter Holt, both of whom are major Republican supporters/donors. Pop is picking the low hanging fruit right now. No way Pop makes these statements in 1998 and 1999 when he was trying to hold on to his job. Once he was able to use black men and latinos to secure his job security, he speaks his mind.

I have no problem with him speaking up for his personal/political beliefs. When he starts virtue signaling at other organizations, that is when I call BS on Pop.

This is my problem in general with white liberals. They are so full of crap when it comes to virtue signaling. Pop was one of the people who recommended and endorsed Dan Kasper for his position to coach at Texas State. Kasper is now accused of racism and chasing off their starting black point guard. Is Pop going to speak out against his friend? I doubt it because it is not low hanging fruit.

elbamba1
06-14-2020, 03:11 PM
Pop is littering killing the Spurs organization by continuing to be such a Ass Hole for one how he treats reporters who are just trying to do their job. He acts like they are beneath his superiority of basketball knowledge and how dare they ever question his decisions.

The second how he treats his players that’s why Kawhi had enough and bailed the same thing is going to happen with Walker and Keldon. You could see it at the end of season the players had enough of Pops ego and were just giving up and not listening to him he lost the team. And that’s the real reason players do not want to play for the Spurs they say nice things in front of the TV but none sign up cause they don’t want to deal with his Ego.

Third if Pop was so WOKE how come he doesn’t have a black assistant coach who he is grooming to take over the Spurs? Yeah he picked up Becky but come on man out of all the black basketball assistant coaches, ex nba players he couldn’t find one who he thought could replace him???

He did have Ime Udoka and currently has Tim Duncan so I don't think this argument is valid. I don't believe Pop is racist or doesn't want to have black coaches coach.

DMC
06-14-2020, 03:29 PM

Slave owners were aware they owned slaves. What's your point?

"Yeah I feel like shit that I made millions off the backs of players who spent their entire lives hoping to get out of poverty though basketball, while I was able to get into the Academy and basically with zero basketball skills, made an NBA career they could only dream of.. oh and my house is for sale, check out my wine room"

ElNono
06-14-2020, 03:42 PM

Nathan isn't here to debate, only to air his alleged grievance and fake news. One would hope he's making some money out of it...

ElNono
06-14-2020, 03:48 PM
That's an accurate statement.

You mean like when you fell for fake news and linked that fake antifa twitter account? You need to at least pretend you care about what you post, tbh

ElNono
06-14-2020, 03:50 PM
He did have Ime Udoka and currently has Tim Duncan so I don't think this argument is valid. I don't believe Pop is racist or doesn't want to have black coaches coach.

Yeah, not to mention Mike Brown, who went on to have his own career as a head coach...

ElNono
06-14-2020, 03:55 PM
Slave owners were aware they owned slaves. What's your point?

"Yeah I feel like shit that I made millions off the backs of players who spent their entire lives hoping to get out of poverty though basketball, while I was able to get into the Academy and basically with zero basketball skills, made an NBA career they could only dream of.. oh and my house is for sale, check out my wine room"

He's first in line to recognize that he rode Tim Duncan to success, so I'm not sure where you're going with this. There's no slavery here, Tim Duncan also got paid market value, and garnered the same success.

Again, there's always a choice for people like him on hot topics like this, and shutting the hell up is the safest path, no doubt about it. Nothing wrong with celebrating his courage to come out and speak up.

exstatic
06-14-2020, 03:55 PM
Insulting others is talking at people not talking to people. When you do this you are not for change but are supporting more of the same.

The change can be implemented without the Trumptards, and in fact it must be. They are willfully ignorant, and the change, by definition, must roll right over them.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 03:59 PM
For years Pop had no problems taking money from Red McCombs or Peter Holt, both of whom are major Republican supporters/donors. Pop is picking the low hanging fruit right now. No way Pop makes these statements in 1998 and 1999 when he was trying to hold on to his job. Once he was able to use black men and latinos to secure his job security, he speaks his mind.

I have no problem with him speaking up for his personal/political beliefs. When he starts virtue signaling at other organizations, that is when I call BS on Pop.

This is my problem in general with white liberals. They are so full of crap when it comes to virtue signaling. Pop was one of the people who recommended and endorsed Dan Kasper for his position to coach at Texas State. Kasper is now accused of racism and chasing off their starting black point guard. Is Pop going to speak out against his friend? I doubt it because it is not low hanging fruit.

But that's the point, isn't it? How many people are silent because they fear retaliation or repercussions for speaking their mind?

He's being the voice of those people, that's very noble of him, as he doesn't have the need to do it, it's just a matter of conviction for him.

offset formation
06-14-2020, 04:05 PM
Fuck Jerry Jones. Tbh

Tbh.

offset formation
06-14-2020, 04:07 PM
I am a 49er fan. Kaepernick didn't start speaking on social issues until he lost his starting position.

If you notice his GF does most of the political commentary. He's just a mixed raced kid raised in Wisconsin looking for somewhere to fit in.

He chose the flag because he knew it is the easiest way to cause a stir. Surprised the black community is still following this confused kid.

Spoken like someone chock full of white privilege

baseline bum
06-14-2020, 04:19 PM

What a load of revisionist bullshit, Leonard wanted to go to LA. The Raptors kissed his ass the entire way and had a title team put around him and he still walked because he wanted LA. Also L-O-fucking-L at a Trumptard complaining about how someone treats reporters who are trying to do their jobs.

FrostKing
06-14-2020, 04:57 PM
Spoken like someone chock full of white privilege
"White privilege" doesn't exist in the Polish language

Texas_Ranger
06-14-2020, 05:29 PM
"White privilege" doesn't exist in the Polish language

he probably doesnt know that Kaepernick had a lot of white privilege growing up. Its sad that his black father left him before he was even born (a rare thing for a black man) and then Colin was raised by a white family and had a great life, until one day he started to suck balls in the NFL and started being a retard. Well, he's probably still very happy cause of how much money he made out of his bullshit.

Mugen
06-14-2020, 06:14 PM

Find me a Trumper willing to talk.

Nathan89
06-14-2020, 06:53 PM
You mean like when you fell for fake news and linked that fake antifa twitter account? You need to at least pretend you care about what you post, tbh

I hardly remember the proof of the fake Twitter account. I know there was a post with a low follower count. But I don't recall the proof of it being fake.

Regardless if your standard is perfection then don't make statements and then support it with polls that don't support your statement. Luckily I was here to get you correct your misstatement. Did you make sure to correct your original statement so you don't mislead anyone? You need to at least pretend you care about what you post, tbh

ducks
06-14-2020, 06:56 PM
Jerry Jones is 500 times the man poop will ever be

ducks
06-14-2020, 07:01 PM

He did not get his way so he cried racist
That is what liberals do

ElNono
06-14-2020, 07:13 PM
I hardly remember the proof of the fake Twitter account. I know there was a post with a low follower count. But I don't recall the proof of it being fake.

Regardless if your standard is perfection then don't make statements and then support it with polls that don't support your statement. Luckily I was here to get you correct your misstatement. Did you make sure to correct your original statement so you don't mislead anyone? You need to at least pretend you care about what you post, tbh

Here you go...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fake-antifa-acount-white-supremacists-removal/

There's a large gamut between perfection and making shit up, tbh. Nobody I know demanded perfection, quote?

The expectation is that at least you can speak and defend the things you post, which you clearly cannot. So we really can't take you seriously. You should take heed on my correction, that's how you get people to recognize that you're not just a troll and you actually care about what you post.

Bellboy
06-14-2020, 08:16 PM
Pop should sell his wine operations and his personal collection, give the money to Black Lives Matter and start drinking MD 20/20. Then your talking real commitment to being Woke.

Bellboy
06-14-2020, 08:26 PM
Pop should sell his wine operations and his personal collection, give the money to Black Lives Matter and start drinking MD 20/20. Then your talking real commitment to being Woke.

BackHome
06-14-2020, 08:28 PM
You know it was kinda funny but Pop was coming real close to being labeled a racist by a lot of EX NBA players and ESPN reporters for not trading Kawhi when he wanted out. You could tell they news organization wanted Kawhi in Cali and were pressuring the Spurs to trade him when Pop didn’t they started to play dirty you could tell the next step was to start labeling Pop a racist but Poop finally caved for that Great Trade of the Century.

Nathan89
06-14-2020, 08:52 PM
Here you go...
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fake-antifa-acount-white-supremacists-removal/

There's a large gamut between perfection and making shit up, tbh. Nobody I know demanded perfection, quote?

The expectation is that at least you can speak and defend the things you post, which you clearly cannot. So we really can't take you seriously. You should take heed on my correction, that's how you get people to recognize that you're not just a troll and you actually care about what you post.

Yeah, I don't recall if that link pertains to my post. Though it looks familiar.

Disagree. It's easy to post the occasional false statement if you link a bunch of stuff on Twitter. It's far more deceiving to look at a poll and position it completely incorrectly. I simply might have made a mistake. Not sure how you did that. Perhaps distant memory about reading said poll.

You didn't correct your error in your original post. You've merely corrected yourself in some other post. Now the viewer just needs to read the entire thread to realize the comment on page 1 is false. Please correct it so people don't think you are just a troll.

The fact that you dwell on a singular post as a representative of my commentary suggests a demand for perfection. A demand that you do not require of yourself.

"The expectation is that at least you can speak and defend the things you post, which you clearly cannot."

Show me the data that lead you to this conclusion.

spurs1990
06-14-2020, 09:14 PM
Trump broke Pop

spurs10
06-14-2020, 09:26 PM
He's first in line to recognize that he rode Tim Duncan to success, so I'm not sure where you're going with this. There's no slavery here, Tim Duncan also got paid market value, and garnered the same success.

Again, there's always a choice for people like him on hot topics like this, and shutting the hell up is the safest path, no doubt about it. Nothing wrong with celebrating his courage to come out and speak up. Thankfully there are many singing his praises since the NYT piece, and rightfully so. The letters to the editor are encouraging to read. Most people understand the easiest path for him would be to keep his mouth shut, but thankfully he's more inspired than ever to speak out about the obvious race problems our country has been facing for a very long time. Pop 'doesn't care' what the cynics say and had some choice words for the 'I'll cancel my season tickets if you say anything about trump' crowd. Go Pop! These times demand his truthfulness.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I don't recall if that link pertains to my post. Though it looks familiar.

Disagree. It's easy to post the occasional false statement if you link a bunch of stuff on Twitter. It's far more deceiving to look at a poll and position it completely incorrectly. I simply might have made a mistake. Not sure how you did that. Perhaps distant memory about reading said poll.

You didn't correct your error in your original post. You've merely corrected yourself in some other post. Now the viewer just needs to read the entire thread to realize the comment on page 1 is false. Please correct it so people don't think you are just a troll.

The fact that you dwell on a singular post as a representative of my commentary suggests a demand for perfection. A demand that you do not require of yourself.

It's convenient that you don't remember... I don't dwell on this point. Far from being the only time we engaged. It's just one sample of many.

"The expectation is that at least you can speak and defend the things you post, which you clearly cannot."

Show me the data that lead you to this conclusion.

It's your own admission, Nathan... maybe you should do your research before 'linking'... we already have boutons trashing the place.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 09:46 PM
Thankfully there are many singing his praises since the NYT piece, and rightfully so. The letters to the editor are encouraging to read. Most people understand the easiest path for him would be to keep his mouth shut, but thankfully he's more inspired than ever to speak out about the obvious race problems our country has been facing for a very long time. Pop 'doesn't care' what the cynics say and had some choice words for the 'I'll cancel my season tickets if you say anything about trump' crowd. Go Pop! These times demand his truthfulness.

Fortunately also, cowards like Nathan won't do anything about it. They'll keep spamming their supposed grievances behind a relatively anonymous internet account (It's very likely they are embarrassed to express them in IRL), and that's the end of that.

The ones we need to be concerned about are the white supremacist with the manifestos, mowing people down, tbh, which unfortunately make up for the vast majority of domestic terrorism in this country.

spurs10
06-14-2020, 10:29 PM
Fortunately also, cowards like Nathan won't do anything about it. They'll keep spamming their supposed grievances behind a relatively anonymous internet account (It's very likely they are embarrassed to express them in IRL), and that's the end of that.

The ones we need to be concerned about are the white supremacist with the manifestos, mowing people down, tbh, which unfortunately make up for the vast majority of domestic terrorism in this country. Yes those racist manifestos that echo and quote the white nationalist rhetoric that we've been hearing so much about for the last few years is especially dangerous. What happened in El Paso and Pittsburgh can't be forgotten. I appreciate what you're writing here and I appreciate Pop being unafraid to tell it like it is. White supremacist feeling emboldened is a serious threat to be sure.

callo1
06-14-2020, 11:26 PM
What's pop's opinion on the Hong Kong situation?

*Crickets***

$$$

Hypocrite

Truth

Nathan89
06-15-2020, 12:18 AM

The ones we need to be concerned about are the white supremacist with the manifestos, mowing people down, tbh, which unfortunately make up for the vast majority of domestic terrorism in this country.

I didn't realize you thought so highly of me.

ElNono
06-15-2020, 12:42 AM
I didn't realize you thought so highly of me.

you're pretty transparent, tbh

SpursDynasty85
06-15-2020, 08:48 AM
You know it was kinda funny but Pop was coming real close to being labeled a racist by a lot of EX NBA players and ESPN reporters for not trading Kawhi when he wanted out. You could tell they news organization wanted Kawhi in Cali and were pressuring the Spurs to trade him when Pop didn’t they started to play dirty you could tell the next step was to start labeling Pop a racist but Poop finally caved for that Great Trade of the Century.

Yep. You also have to consider Kawhi's agent company owner was a spoiled rich Trump fan. This could've been all set up by Trump and the agency while Kawhi and his uncle were just cashing in the checks.

Nathan89
06-15-2020, 10:29 AM
https://twitter.com/GenevieveReaume/status/1272483371327737856?s=20

Good people taking down meaningless symbols.

BackHome
06-15-2020, 08:07 PM
The world is full of Sheep.

offset formation
06-16-2020, 08:41 AM
The world is full of Sheep.

And MAGAts. And somehow MAGAt DNA crossed with sheep DNA such that we have a nation of brain-dead zombies.

Texas_Ranger
06-16-2020, 09:18 AM
https://twitter.com/GenevieveReaume/status/1272483371327737856?s=20

Good people taking down meaningless symbols.

they should replace it with a rainbow.

Atl Spur
06-16-2020, 09:46 AM
Hi guys! What are we discussing?

Atl Spur
06-16-2020, 09:51 AM
Texas Ranger........I thought you took yourself out the game! Well, I’ll get back to eviscerating you��

Atl Spur
06-16-2020, 09:52 AM
Can’t wait to hear some of these hot takes. Nathan’s will full ignorance is still on display I see....

Atl Spur
06-16-2020, 09:54 AM
Trump broke Pop

Did he?

Chucho
06-16-2020, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know if Pop is one of the "old coaches" who doesn't get to go to Orlando for Rona security?

exstatic
06-16-2020, 01:26 PM
Does anyone know if Pop is one of the "old coaches" who doesn't get to go to Orlando for Rona security?

The NBA realized that not only could they not force the older coaches to wear masks, due to age discrimination laws, they also can’t exclude them from the bubble. If they want to coach, they’ll coach.

ZeusWillJudge
06-16-2020, 07:00 PM
You see? Kraft and Jones aren't enough to make Pop relevant - even here. He needs Trump.

offset formation
06-16-2020, 10:16 PM
Trump broke Pop

he broke a lot of shit.

Biggems
06-21-2020, 09:48 PM
Hey Pop, this is the land of the free...you are free to donate to, vote for, and speak about whatever you want, just as those other fellas are. Plus, they are under no obligation to speak about any subject. Pop is acting like a whiny, judgemental liberal.

dbestpro
06-21-2020, 10:04 PM
Just to put some historical perspective on things.
Malcolm X said: “The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked or deceived by the white liberal, then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America, the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems. Our problems will never be solved by the white man.”

offset formation
06-21-2020, 11:39 PM
Just to put some historical perspective on things.
Malcolm X said: “The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked or deceived by the white liberal, then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America, the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems. Our problems will never be solved by the white man.”

He's saying that cowardly white liberals that aren't actual allies are no different than their actual conservative racist. oppressors. MLK, and other civil rights leaders all said the same thing. It was, and is, undeniable.

They were both (referencing MLK and X) sick of having white ppl and politicians tell them they agreed with their fight but whom were unwilling to act or stick their necks out, or lend their voices to making change. It's why we are still here in 2020. He is NOT saying liberals = bad; conservatives = good. Far from it. He's saying the white liberals are functionally as bad as the out and out racists, and folks aligned against progress and equality (as acted out on policy grounds by conservatives).

The only true ally MLK and Malcolm X and the civil rights actors had outside of their black activists and citizens were actual progressives willing to do the hard and dangerous work like they were doing (including the relatively few white progressives that matched and sat in with them).

dbestpro
06-21-2020, 11:49 PM
He's saying that cowardly white liberals that aren't actual allies are no different than their actual conservative racist. oppressors. MLK, and other civil rights leaders all said the same thing. It was, and is, undeniable.

They were both (referencing MLK and X) sick of having white ppl and politicians tell them they agreed with their fight but whom were unwilling to act or stick their necks out, or lend their voices to making change. It's why we are still here in 2020. He is NOT saying liberals = bad; conservatives = good. Far from it. He's saying the white liberals are functionally as bad as the out and out racists, and folks aligned against progress and equality (as acted out on policy grounds by conservatives).

The only true ally MLK and Malcolm X and the civil rights actors had outside of their black activists and citizens were actual progressives willing to do the hard and dangerous work like they were doing (including the relatively few white progressives that matched and sat in with them).

Macolm X said, “There are many whites who are trying to solve the problem. But, you never see them going under the label of liberals. The White American who identifies as a liberal is the most ‘dangerous’ and ‘deceitful’ thing in the Western Hemisphere."
That takes me to the point that real reform for the black population is not about money from Apple or Google going to a group or tossing statues in a river. It is about good paying jobs and the education to do those jobs. It is about management opportunities at the highest level in these high level liberal businesses that think they can buy their way out. That is how you apply what Malcom X said then to today. Nothing has changed. You will never be truly woke until you can see this.

offset formation
06-21-2020, 11:57 PM
Macolm X said, “There are many whites who are trying to solve the problem. But, you never see them going under the label of liberals. The White American who identifies as a liberal is the most ‘dangerous’ and ‘deceitful’ thing in the Western Hemisphere."
That takes me to the point that real reform for the black population is not about money from Apple or Google going to a group or tossing statues in a river. It is about good paying jobs and the education to do those jobs. It is about management opportunities at the highest level in these high level liberal businesses that think they can buy their way out. That is how you apply what Malcom X said then to today. Nothing has changed. You will never be truly woke until you can see this.

Agreed. Nothing will change until the white ppl that own and control the power structures make it change.

Atl Spur
06-22-2020, 10:56 AM
When Malcom made those statements the climate in society was totally different. It is refreshing to see these youngsters ( of all ethnicities )dragging the USA into the promise of America. Black people weren’t brought here to be citizens; it’s a testament to progress that some have done the right things out of morality/humanity vs seeking economic gain. Most people resisting change know nothing about black people contributions or our historical hardships inflicted by those who would like to rewrite history. Enjoy and embrace our differences as individuals ; stop contributing to foolishness of divisiveness ideology.