PDA

View Full Version : Media Is Complicit In These Riots

Spurtacular
06-14-2020, 01:41 AM
So, every time a black man attacks someone and gets killed in the process, we have to have riots and have our shit burned to the ground?
Media glorifies these rioters instead of shaming them, and this is what we get.

https://apnews.com/4a297ba576eb60e77e8c302686a877e7

ElNono
06-14-2020, 01:44 AM
Media reports the news. This isn't newsworthy? What's the alternative, suppress?

I do think there's too much opinion on the news these days, but apparently that's what sells.

TheGreatYacht
06-14-2020, 02:18 AM
The protests were hijacked by the same parasites who run Hollywood, the media, Federal reserve, academia, science, etc. They control both parties of Congress.

FrostKing
06-14-2020, 02:24 AM
We are complicit. Out of fear of losing our job and/or being physically attacked

Where are counter protests? All the black community sees is whites ass kissing them. Why would they stop?

Spurtacular
06-14-2020, 04:22 AM
Media reports the news. This isn't newsworthy? What's the alternative, suppress?

I do think there's too much opinion on the news these days, but apparently that's what sells.

I posted the report for reference. I am not saying the AP story is bad. I speak of the various other forms of media fanning the flames.

Spurtacular
06-14-2020, 04:28 AM
We are complicit. Out of fear of losing our job and/or being physically attacked

Where are counter protests? All the black community sees is whites ass kissing them. Why would they stop?

Apparently, counter protestors are pretty prevalent in Europe.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 04:44 AM
I posted the report for reference. I am not saying the AP story is bad. I speak of the various other forms of media fanning the flames.

I've yet to read mainstream media in a non-opinion piece fanning those flames (at the very least, the usual ones), but I admit not reading that many different sources for the same information. I think it would've stood out.

I think the larger issue here, is the blending of opinion pieces passing as journalistic work or passed along as news, which is what we know today as fake news.

This obviously exploded with social media where everybody has an opinion, either honest or clickbait.

When it comes to opinion, media can't win. If they curate the content (like they largely used to) to get rid of opinion, or center it strictly on editorial opinions, they're accused of being biased or censors, and frankly, they lose revenue because they no longer have a captive audience.

If they try to compete with social media to stay relevant, then they have to hop into the fake news, and the vast amounts of garbage (as far as journalistic/news value) that comes from there. Which is more or less the status quo now.

As you can see, I'm not disagreeing with your assessment, but I think there are reasons why we see what we see.

Spurtacular
06-14-2020, 05:19 AM
I've yet to read mainstream media in a non-opinion piece fanning those flames (at the very least, the usual ones), but I admit not reading that many different sources for the same information. I think it would've stood out.

I think the larger issue here, is the blending of opinion pieces passing as journalistic work or passed along as news, which is what we know today as fake news.

This obviously exploded with social media where everybody has an opinion, either honest or clickbait.

When it comes to opinion, media can't win. If they curate the content (like they largely used to) to get rid of opinion, or center it strictly on editorial opinions, they're accused of being biased or censors, and frankly, they lose revenue because they no longer have a captive audience.

If they try to compete with social media to stay relevant, then they have to hop into the fake news, and the vast amounts of garbage (as far as journalistic/news value) that comes from there. Which is more or less the status quo now.

As you can see, I'm not disagreeing with your assessment, but I think there are reasons why we see what we see.

Bro. The media and the overarching establishment is in full campaign mode.

FrostKing
06-14-2020, 05:41 AM
Oh there is plenty more coming before November. Consider Hollywood is still on hiatus.

Social media seems over-represented by youth and English speaking outlets by the black community. That whole stereotype of many of them not working and instead sitting around watching day time television.

But again to my previous post, we aren't making our voice heard so why would the media give us a venue?

Inclusion makes average people especially Westeners feel happy, proud, good about themselves. "Diversity is our strength"! This is what our institutions decided we should strive for. Which makes the whole claim of institutional racism puzzling. Except for law enforcement, which institution isn't in bed with diversity/equality? Even the Pope took the side of Muslim migrants in 2015.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 08:12 AM

If we're being honest here, Media A hasn't liked Trump and made it known early and often, since he was elected. Media B licks Trump boots and made it known early and often, since he was elected.

But, again, this would be a lot less of a problem if we didn't have opinion passing as news.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 08:16 AM
Inclusion makes average people especially Westeners feel happy, proud, good about themselves. "Diversity is our strength"! This is what our institutions decided we should strive for. Which makes the whole claim of institutional racism puzzling. Except for law enforcement, which institution isn't in bed with diversity/equality? Even the Pope took the side of Muslim migrants in 2015.

One is enough, but there are more. Immigration clearly, now the president just took away some LGBT protections, and in a lot of places "diversity" is just a slogan, and not well represented. Women and people of color in Washington and in politics in general? Not many (women have been gaining recently though).

David Hogg
06-14-2020, 09:19 AM
Yah bro

Spurminator
06-14-2020, 02:23 PM

Interesting theory, and whose campaign do you suppose is most helped by exhaustive coverage of riots?

ChumpDumper
06-14-2020, 02:27 PM
Apparently, counter protestors are pretty prevalent in Europe.Media is fanning your flames.

tholdren
06-14-2020, 02:34 PM
Media is fanning your flames.
You fell for the media hype of covid. You needed ships to save you. And blamed it all on the president. When I said 2x flu, you said 100 times. Bwahahhahahhahahah cdc reports say I'm right again. Lol you said kansas. And didn't know wet markets were in ny. Lol daily cases.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2020, 02:48 PM
You fell for the media hype of covid. You needed ships to save you. And blamed it all on the president. When I said 2x flu, you said 100 times. Bwahahhahahhahahah cdc reports say I'm right again. Lol you said kansas. And didn't know wet markets were in ny. Lol daily cases.You said it was the flu.

DMC
06-14-2020, 03:00 PM

This is a bit disingenuous. The "media" certainly doesn't just report what it sees, they op ed the shit out of it and use their bias to make it palatable to their audience. If you think there's too much opinion in the news, why do you say they report the news? They tell a story, they don't report facts except to bolster the opinions of their talking heads.

It seems extremely obvious that the media works hard to create the narrative and spin to bolster their ratings and ensure every drop is squeezed from any event.

This notion that op eds are separate from the news when the same entity provides both, their employees provide opinions on the news, that notion is bunk. People are being told what to think. The invisible line between opinion and fact where articles and headlines are concerned is a pointless distinction if the average consumer cannot discern between the two and has to filter out the 'splainin from the actual reported facts.

DMC
06-14-2020, 03:15 PM

Media can win, they do so by offering customized opinions to salve the needs of their listeners/viewers. This creates ratings.

If I was a salesperson and I walked into your office with a product, I could present the facts of the product as listed in the brochure. I could then spin the implications of those facts in a way that shaped your opinion on just how effective my product is, even though the facts don't necessarily support it. If you bought my product and then came to me with a complaint that the product doesn't live up to the hype I created in your office, I could simply point you to the list of facts and disclaim any responsibility for simply giving my opinion. This is what the news does. Since I am the one selling you the product, my opinion on these facts could likely be considered promises made by me to my customer. "It says you can get 15 days without changing that filter.. that doesn't seem like a lot but it's on par with the market, and I know personally that I've gotten 30 days regularly" so the customer thinks "even 20 days would be an improvement". The customer gets 15 days only if they use the product sparingly. Hey, I was getting 30, I think.. on a different model in a different state, at least someone told me that at a sales convention.

Spurtacular
06-14-2020, 03:24 PM
Media is fanning your flames.

You're fanning your ass.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 04:21 PM
This is a bit disingenuous. The "media" certainly doesn't just report what it sees, they op ed the shit out of it and use their bias to make it palatable to their audience. If you think there's too much opinion in the news, why do you say they report the news? They tell a story, they don't report facts except to bolster the opinions of their talking heads.

It seems extremely obvious that the media works hard to create the narrative and spin to bolster their ratings and ensure every drop is squeezed from any event.

This notion that op eds are separate from the news when the same entity provides both, their employees provide opinions on the news, that notion is bunk. People are being told what to think. The invisible line between opinion and fact where articles and headlines are concerned is a pointless distinction if the average consumer cannot discern between the two and has to filter out the 'splainin from the actual reported facts.

Journalistically they are (or should be). I think you probably replied to this before I expanded on it, but we're largely in agreement that's a money grab. I'm not sure it has helped these media outlets as much as they think it has.

Media can win, they do so by offering customized opinions to salve the needs of their listeners/viewers. This creates ratings.

If I was a salesperson and I walked into your office with a product, I could present the facts of the product as listed in the brochure. I could then spin the implications of those facts in a way that shaped your opinion on just how effective my product is, even though the facts don't necessarily support it. If you bought my product and then came to me with a complaint that the product doesn't live up to the hype I created in your office, I could simply point you to the list of facts and disclaim any responsibility for simply giving my opinion. This is what the news does. Since I am the one selling you the product, my opinion on these facts could likely be considered promises made by me to my customer. "It says you can get 15 days without changing that filter.. that doesn't seem like a lot but it's on par with the market, and I know personally that I've gotten 30 days regularly" so the customer thinks "even 20 days would be an improvement". The customer gets 15 days only if they use the product sparingly. Hey, I was getting 30, I think.. on a different model in a different state, at least someone told me that at a sales convention.

But they can't. You're talking about winning the business race, but the cost is both integrity and the notion of non-bias, which is central to trust, and is paramount to the alleged media mission (and a lot of their legal protections hinge on that).

With the advent of the internet, places that cater strictly to the left or right specifically (or other similar niches) are dime a dozen, and don't have to care about displaying an ounce of integrity and/or non-bias.

The problem for the more traditional media is how to compete with that while trying to present a non-biased view, and it's definitely a huge problem these days.

Spurtacular
06-14-2020, 04:46 PM
FrostKing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkX_gAf9Wx4

tholdren
06-14-2020, 04:58 PM
You said it was the flu.

Any media is edgelord. It comes down to the gossip that propels the story. Look at ChumpDumper and RandomGuy, these clowns have access to data and they just copy and paste media hype with their political views. If they were smart as they claim, they would not allow politics and emotions interfere with logic.... but here we are.

David Hogg
06-14-2020, 05:39 PM
You're fanning your ass.
No u bro

Dirks_Finale
06-14-2020, 05:45 PM
Just waiting for CNN to bring on more of their experts to touch on the subject -- you know like Greta Thunberg :lol

Spurtacular
06-14-2020, 07:08 PM
Just waiting for CNN to bring on more of their experts to touch on the subject -- you know like Greta Thunberg :lol

At least they're making no pretense about minimum qualifications for pundits.

ElNono
06-14-2020, 07:40 PM

Yup, and this is the whole heavy opinion angle which they copied from Fox News and, IMO, has done them largely a disservice. Maybe not in the economic sense, but certainly in the credibility area.

tholdren
06-14-2020, 08:05 PM

There is no alternation in hospital census. Down down down.

Second of all its not mental gymnastics. Well it is because the cdc and states are not transparent, allowing for lazy political Karen twittering away with media click bait.

To see death count manipulation, but using context with statistics go here
https://sussex.nj.us/cn/webpage.cfm?...gn=coronavirus

Scroll down to 6.3.2020 click the cdrss report. Look at the covid deaths reported 6.2.2020 as NEW DEATHS in New jersey. Look at the ages. Look at the case status. 17 deaths added to a day when they happened days weeks and months before.

El nono would call this a spike
Chumpdump would call this a spike

It is not a spike.
Cases hospitalizations fatalities all reported in the same manner. In a way that is not reliable or valid. You guys are the dumbest.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2020, 08:05 PM
Any media is edgelord. It comes down to the gossip that propels the story. Look at ChumpDumper and RandomGuy, these clowns have access to data and they just copy and paste media hype with their political views. If they were smart as they claim, they would not allow politics and emotions interfere with logic.... but here we are.:lol no one tries to be more of an edgelord than you and DMC.

But even he wasn't stupid enough to say it's the flu.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2020, 08:07 PM
Just waiting for CNN to bring on more of their experts to touch on the subject -- you know like Greta Thunberg :lolShe was talking about UNICEF that night. I find her annoying, but at least get what she talked about right.

I mean they had Muppets on to talk to and about children. You could drag them for that, I guess.

tholdren
06-14-2020, 08:08 PM
:lol no one tries to be more of an edgelord than you and DMC.

But even he wasn't stupid enough to say it's the flu.
Yep its 2x flu. Less than flu to those 50 and under. Cdc facts.

You still don't understand why data needs to be reliable or valid. Hide karen

ChumpDumper
06-14-2020, 08:09 PM
Yep its 2x flu.No, you said it is the flu, Karen.

tholdren
06-14-2020, 08:12 PM
No, you said it is the flu.
In context I said you're scared of the flu. Which it is less than if you're under 50. You figure out why daily counts don't matter yet? Or are you still using your math?

Kansas
Wet markets
Ships
Hospitals
Models

All wrong

Cdc says covid less deadly than flu. For under 50 just like i said.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2020, 08:13 PM
In context I said you're scared of the flu.You called COVID-19 the flu, Karen.

Just stop lying.

tholdren
06-14-2020, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=tholdren;10171795]In context I said you're scared of the flu./QUOTE]You called COVID-19 the flu, Karen.

what is all this?

tholdren
06-14-2020, 08:16 PM
There is no alternation in hospital census. Down down down.

Second of all its not mental gymnastics. Well it is because the cdc and states are not transparent, allowing for lazy political Karen twittering away with media click bait.

To see death count manipulation, but using context with statistics go here
https://sussex.nj.us/cn/webpage.cfm?...gn=coronavirus

Scroll down to 6.3.2020 click the cdrss report. Look at the covid deaths reported 6.2.2020 as NEW DEATHS in New jersey. Look at the ages. Look at the case status. 17 deaths added to a day when they happened days weeks and months before.

El nono would call this a spike
Chumpdump would call this a spike

It is not a spike.
Cases hospitalizations fatalities all reported in the same manner. In a way that is not reliable or valid. You guys are the dumbest.

backlogging deaths from April to create a spike to those who don't access the data. How karen of you all

tholdren
06-14-2020, 08:47 PM
But new cases new hospitalizations and new deaths mean new and verified !

Science

FrostKing
06-14-2020, 10:48 PM
FrostKing

Let me check out tonight :tu

FrostKing
06-15-2020, 01:12 PM
FrostKing

I enjoyed this video. Reminded me of "Black Pigeon Speaks". Stayed on topic and provided articles. I will check out more of their content

I actually googled the subject matter a few days ago. Seems the white flight occurs when the Asian/Hispanic population hits 25%. But for blacks it is lower. My sister has now lived in Berlin for 10 years and one of the neighborhoods nearby has transformed. Once the demographics start to change, the businesses and stores follow. Eventually even legislature is altered to fit their social norms.

tholdren
06-15-2020, 01:38 PM
backlogging deaths from April to create a spike to those who don't access the data. How karen of you all

spurraider21
06-15-2020, 01:39 PM
about as high as the republicans' minimum qualifications for president

Spurtacular
06-15-2020, 03:56 PM
I enjoyed this video. Reminded me of "Black Pigeon Speaks". Stayed on topic and provided articles. I will check out more of their content

I actually googled the subject matter a few days ago. Seems the white flight occurs when the Asian/Hispanic population hits 25%. But for blacks it is lower. My sister has now lived in Berlin for 10 years and one of the neighborhoods nearby has transformed. Once the demographics start to change, the businesses and stores follow. Eventually even legislature is altered to fit their social norms.

Chumpettes do black flight and then come on here and cry that we're all not doing enough. :lol

tholdren
06-15-2020, 05:29 PM
Lol ChumpDumper fell for media hype of virus and scared of family gatherings. Sad because cdc said in May its only 2x the flu. Haahahah he said it was 100 times the kansas flu. Lol

Nathan89
06-15-2020, 06:36 PM
The Dems and the media are at the root cause of the riots tbh

tholdren
06-15-2020, 09:05 PM
No one believes the media more than ChumpDumper guy just doesn't get it. Sad part is he doesn't even try.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2020, 09:17 PM
ChumpDumper:lol another mention from the guy who said COVID-19 is the flu.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2020, 09:17 PM
ChumpDumper lol another mention from the guy who said COVID-19 is the flu.