PDA

View Full Version : Bexar County reports 'biggest single day increase' of 436 new cases of COVID-19

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 07:12 PM
https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/mayor-nirenberg-announces-alarming-rate-of-covid-19-cases-in-bexar-county
Bexar County reports 'biggest single day increase' of 436 new cases of COVID-19
by Ahmed Sharma Tuesday, June 16th 2020

SAN ANTONIO (WOAI) — During an emotionally jarring coronavirus update, Mayor Ron Nirenberg announced "the biggest single day increase" of new positive cases in Bexar County.

The mayor announced Tuesday 436 new cases of COVID-19 in Bexar County, bringing to a total of 4,873 cases.

"This is the biggest single day increase of reported new cases," Mayor Nirenberg said. "We don't use the state's reopening plan as an excuse to throw out the good habits we've been practiced to contain the spread. The virus is still out there."

Additionally, the mayor said there's an increase of patients being hospitalized with a total of 212 patients in local hospitals and 83 patients in intensive care.

County Judge Nelson Wolff added that it's important more than ever for residents to take safety precautions seriously.

"We are in probably the worst crisis we've had since it started," Judge Wolff said. "We've got to work but we've got to start working more smart."

This is a developing story and will continue to be updated as more information becomes available.

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 07:15 PM
Back at square 1, tbh.

Shocker....not.

Reck
06-16-2020, 07:16 PM
It’s your time to hide BB. Stay safe.

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 07:19 PM
It's okay though, everyone. Bunker Darrin STILL doesn't know anyone who has had it so we're all okay. He's also pretty sure he beat it because he overcame a strange tummy ache back in April.

Spurtacular
06-16-2020, 07:20 PM
Back at square 1, tbh.

Shocker....not.

You'd best run for your bunker, amirite?

baseline bum

Today represents fucking 9% of the total COVID cases in Bexar County for the entire pandemic.

baseline bum

Nowhere to hide, still gotta eat.

Spurtacular
It's okay though, everyone. Bunker Darrin STILL doesn't know anyone who has had it so we're all okay. He's also pretty sure he beat it because he overcame a strange tummy ache back in April.

:lol Says the guy who wants lockdowns and believes everything he hears from the news media about COVID.

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 07:21 PM
You'd best run for your bunker, amirite?

Why you asking me? Ask Bunker Karrin.

Spurtacular
06-16-2020, 07:22 PM
Why you asking me? Ask Bunker Karrin.

Square one isn't lockdowns? It was before.

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 07:22 PM
:lol Says the guy who wants lockdowns and believes everything he hears from the news media about COVID.

I never said I wanted lockdowns. You have lost it over the years starting with the Jimmer thing and have been shat on by pretty much every one on the forum, so you're forgiven for the mix up.

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 07:23 PM
Someone gotta take over for me in Thread's corona death count thread if I catch the corona and end up in a mass grave. I'm going to nominate you, TimDunkem.

Trainwreck2100
06-16-2020, 07:23 PM
like i said last week was memorial day bump, this week is the protest bump

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 07:24 PM
Someone gotta take over for me in Thread's corona death count thread if I catch the corona and end up in a mass grave. I'm going to nominate you, TimDunkem.

I'll gladly continue serving up his shit sandwich but I have doubts he'll make it past this current spike.

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 07:25 PM

Metro Health says the tracing isn't showing this. MH director said wait at least 5 days.

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 07:26 PM

Kind of sounds like next week will be the protest bump from what TimDunkem was reporting in the other thread. So maybe death panel time next week or two weeks from now?

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 07:26 PM
I'll gladly continue serving up his shit sandwich but I have doubts he'll make it past this current spike.

Yeah Arizona looked pretty fucked too last time I looked.

Nathan89
06-16-2020, 07:28 PM
Nobody cares about that anymore tbh

spurraider21
06-16-2020, 07:32 PM
oh ok problem solved then

spurraider21
06-16-2020, 07:37 PM
Today represents fucking 9% of the total COVID cases in Bexar County for the entire pandemic.
worldometer is showing 4400 new cases today for the whole of Texas, when the previous daily high was 2400 a week ago

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 07:40 PM
worldometer is showing 4400 new cases today for the whole of Texas, when the previous daily high was 2400 a week ago
1400 are backlogged prison cases. Even so, if you subtract those we're still at a record increase for today.

spurraider21
06-16-2020, 07:42 PM
1400 are backlogged prison cases. Even so, if you subtract those we're still at a record increase for today.
ah, thanks for the info :tu

usually those massive spikes have some kind of backlog, so it makes sense.

TheGreatYacht
06-16-2020, 07:43 PM
Fake news. Everyone in this forum will survive. Nothing to worry about. Just shut off your TV folks. Live and let live

Spurtacular
06-16-2020, 07:49 PM
I never said I wanted lockdowns. You have lost it over the years starting with the Jimmer thing and have been shat on by pretty much every one on the forum, so you're forgiven for the mix up.

I believe you. I just figured you would've had a more snowflaky outlook. But good for you, bruh.

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 07:52 PM
I believe you. I just figured you would've had a more snowflaky outlook. But good for you, bruh.
Already on the record as saying we're going to eat the shit sandwich no matter what we do.

slick'81
06-16-2020, 07:57 PM
Welp it was great knowing you guys. Stay safe yall the end is here

tholdren
06-16-2020, 08:13 PM

Lol you cried last week because you had it. Fail

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 08:19 PM
This message is hidden because tholdren is on your ignore list

slick'81
06-16-2020, 08:48 PM
Lol you cried last week because you had it. Fail

Poor dr.holdren is literally on ignore by everyone:lol

hater
06-16-2020, 08:52 PM
Thoughts and prayers ma nig

Hopefully you can replay the witcher lne mo time before Rona drowns you in botchling umbilical fluid

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 08:55 PM
Thoughts and prayers ma nig

Hopefully you can replay the witcher lne mo time before Rona drowns you in botchling umbilical fluid

If you have that shit on console (or can borrow a copy) you get the PC version free on GOG. Not that we have enough time for a Witcher 3 playthrough in Texas anymore. :lol

hater
06-16-2020, 08:57 PM
If you have that shit on console (or can borrow a copy) you get the PC version free on GOG. Not that we have enough time for a Witcher 3 playthrough in Texas anymore. :lol

:lmao

Maybe you have time for 1 more game of gwent

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 09:01 PM

Maybe you have time for 1 more game of gwent

Just hoping to finish Sekiro before going to the mass graves with Thread. Damn should have just gotten a 2080 Ti instead of a 1660 Super tbh had I known this would be Texas' last months.

slick'81
06-16-2020, 09:04 PM
Just hoping to finish Sekiro before going to the mass graves with Thread (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320). Damn should have just gotten a 2080 Ti instead of a 1660 Super tbh had I known this would be Texas' last months.

months:lol

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 09:13 PM
months:lol

Just trying to keep optimistic bro

slick'81
06-16-2020, 09:15 PM
Just trying to keep optimistic bro

Im trying to complete my backlog as we speak bro. And to think i wanted to preorder a ps5

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 09:17 PM
Im trying to complete my backlog as we speak bro. And to think i wanted to preorder a ps5

What you playing man? I got Sekiro right now, not sure if next I'll do Control, Yakuza 4, or a twelfth playthrough of Persona 4 Golden now that it's on PC and I can actually make out every stroke of the kanji in the textboxes when playing in Japanese. So much I think this kanji is this but I can't see all the strokes playing on the Vita / Playstation TV. :lol

SnakeBoy
06-16-2020, 10:27 PM
All we have to do is quit testing and we can return to March/April levels

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 10:33 PM
I just came home from a bar. Not worried.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 10:34 PM

I know of ONE person now. Out of 2.5M.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2020, 10:35 PM
I just came home from a bar. Not worried.Wow, thanks. You're a hero.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 10:35 PM
I know of ONE person now. Out of 2.5M.

And he is fine. Self quarantine and such.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 10:37 PM
Wow, thanks. You're a hero.

^this dude wears mask at Wendy's drive thru

:lol

ChumpDumper
06-16-2020, 10:38 PM

:lolI don't. That was the joke. :lol bitter Trump supporters trying to act tough

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 10:39 PM
Again, D? That's 4 bars since they reopened a week or two ago. Darrin = alcoholic confirmed.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 10:39 PM
How many thousands of ventilators do we need?

I don't want one. Fuck that

ChumpDumper
06-16-2020, 10:41 PM
How many thousands of ventilators do we need?

I don't want one. Fuck thatYou still think it's the ventilators that kill people?

tholdren
06-16-2020, 10:41 PM
Faked covid, ignored science, bwahahaha

TimDunkem
06-16-2020, 10:44 PM
This message is hidden because tholdren is on your ignore list

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 10:44 PM
Again, D? That's 4 bars since they reopened a week or two ago. Darrin = alcoholic confirmed.

Heavy drinker; heavy smoker. Confirmed.

I'm going to die, eventually, but it won't be from covid-19.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 10:46 PM
You still think it's the ventilators that kill people?

People on those don't have good outcomes. I'd rather not be on one.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2020, 10:47 PM
People on those don't have good outcomes. I'd rather not be on one.So you still think the ventilators kill people.

SnakeBoy
06-16-2020, 10:48 PM
I don't. That was the joke. :lol bitter Trump supporters trying to act tough

lol don't try to pretend you were just joking.

It's okay you were scared tbh. Covid is still real and serious. It's smart to be scared of it.

Blake
06-16-2020, 10:49 PM

He's also a heavy smoker so his chances of acquiring flu19 are that much lower

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 10:50 PM
So you still think the ventilators kill people.

No, I just think they're dying, and vent is a hail mary.

Blake
06-16-2020, 10:51 PM
No, I just think they're dying, and vent is a hail mary.

My cousin's husband got off it and is at home doing ok

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 10:52 PM
He's also a heavy smoker so his chances of acquiring flu19 are that much lower

I'll most likely never even catch this thing, flake.

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 10:55 PM

:lol

I wear a mask in the drive thru. I don't want to be spreading the shit if I'm positive asymptomatic. Or at least lower the chances I spread it if I'm positive asymptomatic.

Blake
06-16-2020, 10:56 PM

The smoke blocks it and the alcohol kills it! You're golden!

SnakeBoy
06-16-2020, 10:57 PM

You'll most likely get it if you haven't already.

Everyone will most likely get it.

tholdren
06-16-2020, 10:59 PM
TimDunkem thought he had the kansas flu

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 10:59 PM
I wear a mask in the drive thru. I don't want to be spreading the shit if I'm positive asymptomatic. Or at least lower the chances I spread it if I'm positive asymptomatic.

Dude. Wear it in the grocery store, but in the drive thru?

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 11:03 PM
Dude. Wear it in the grocery store, but in the drive thru?

Um yes, I'm talking to the person in the window. Why wouldn't I? Do droplets magically not spread from talking at the drive through vs at the grocery store?

tholdren
06-16-2020, 11:05 PM
Um yes, I'm talking to the person in the window. Why wouldn't I? Do droplets magically not spread from talking at the drive through vs at the grocery store?

lol
TimDunkem had it and he's was posting live updates for 4 minutes then it was gone

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 11:06 PM

Curious why you seem to be expecting it to be more like 70%? Osterholm was talking 40% to 70% infection before it would burn itself out. Is there new research indicating the higher end number is more likely than when Osterholm made that prediction in early March? Or is this just a case of preparing for the worst and hoping for better?

Blake
06-16-2020, 11:07 PM

People aren't catching this outdoors. I don't know how often this needs to be repeated.

Unless you're a Black protester

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:07 PM

Ok. I suppose if you're screaming at the person at the window, that's a good idea.

I don't wear a mask for brief interactions at gas stations, etc. I'll wear one if I'll be in a store over 10 minutes.

The drive thru thing is bizarre, tho.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:08 PM
Unless you're a Black protester

At least you tried

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:10 PM

It's possible. Death is inevitable.

Life goes on.

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Ok. I suppose if you're screaming at the person at the window, that's a good idea.

I don't wear a mask for brief interactions at gas stations, etc. I'll wear one if I'll be in a store over 10 minutes.

The drive thru thing is bizarre, tho.

I wear one any time I'm in public unless it's say to walk in the park or something where I'm out in a wide-open space. I don't see the big deal about putting a mask on for 30 seconds at the drive through window to pay and another 30 seconds at the pickup window when those are two interactions where I could be infecting the person working there. Or the big deal about putting on a mask for two minutes when I go in to the ice house to pay for gas and a beer or to get a takeout order at a restaurant.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:20 PM
I wear one any time I'm in public unless it's say to walk in the park or something where I'm out in a wide-open space. I don't see the big deal about putting a mask on for 30 seconds at the drive through window to pay and another 30 seconds at the pickup window when those are two interactions where I could be infecting the person working there. Or the big deal about putting on a mask for two minutes when I go in to the ice house to pay for gas and a beer or to get a takeout order at a restaurant.

I was the same way a week or two ago. If you have a very brief interaction with someone, you have very low risk.

The ONE person I know who has this is a notorious "close talker", who I haven't seen in many weeks.

The mask at the drive thru is overkill, bro.

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 11:23 PM
I was the same way a week or two ago. If you have a very brief interaction with someone, you have very low risk.

The ONE person I know who has this is a notorious "close talker", who I haven't seen in many weeks.

The mask at the drive thru is overkill, bro.

Wearing a mask for 60 seconds isn't overkill. And I'm not wearing it for me, it doesn't do shit for me because I don't have an N95 mask. It's to lower the chance of infecting the workers who have to deal with people all day. Honestly, I think that's really self-centered that you think ice house cashiers and fast food workers don't deserve this protection you could give them for the tiniest little inconvenience.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:28 PM
Wearing a mask for 60 seconds isn't overkill. And I'm not wearing it for me, it doesn't do shit for me because I don't have an N95 mask. It's to lower the chance of infecting the workers who have to deal with people all day. Honestly, I think that's really self-centered that you think ice house cashiers and fast food workers don't deserve this protection you could give them for the tiniest little inconvenience.

At a drive thru, risk is near zero.

At an uncrowded ice house, risk is near zero.

Now, at a very busy Velero, I'd wear a mask.

Just be smart.

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 11:32 PM
At a drive thru, risk is near zero.

At an uncrowded ice house, risk is near zero.

Now, at a very busy Velero, I'd wear a mask.

Just be smart.

It's not hard to wear a mask for two minutes inside an air conditioned ice house. I can't believe this is such a sticking point. No one is asking you to go run a mile in 100 degree weather wearing one.

vy65
06-16-2020, 11:32 PM
https://apple.news/AY8ibSXEGQ3mtsxaXlas48w

Nice explanation on what we know as of current.

The really good news is that it seems like the paranoia over surfaces was paranoia.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2020, 11:33 PM
lol don't try to pretend you were just joking.About the Wendy's drive up I was definitely joking. All the new plexiglass and prepaying obviated most of that need.

I mask up when I go inside stores. Just common sense to not add to the chef's blend.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:35 PM
It's not hard to wear a mask for two minutes inside an air conditioned ice house. I can't believe this is such a sticking point. No one is asking you to go run a mile in 100 degree weather wearing one.

The one I go to isn't busy. I haven't been wearing one. The social distancing is more important.

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 11:39 PM
The one I go to isn't busy. I haven't been wearing one. The social distancing is more important.

For the tenth time, it's not about you. It's about the worker who is having 8 hours of conversations with customers. He can't social distance. You might object and say who gives a shit, I'm only one person. But people love to copy each other and the more people see others not wearing masks indoors the more it becomes normalized. It sickens me that so many people want their freedom in the pandemic but don't want to take the tiniest bit of responsibility for trying to protect those who can't work from home.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:41 PM
Most of you that post here have very low odds of getting critically ill from covid-19.

I'm 51 and have no fear of this virus.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2020, 11:42 PM
Most of you that post here have very low odds of getting critically ill from covid-19.

I'm 51 and have no fear of this virus.We get it. You're a fucking hero.

We don't get why you want to spread it.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:45 PM
For the tenth time, it's not about you. It's about the worker who is having 8 hours of conversations with customers. He can't social distance. You might object and say who gives a shit, I'm only one person. But people love to copy each other and the more people see others not wearing masks indoors the more it becomes normalized. It sickens me that so many people want their freedom in the pandemic but don't want to take the tiniest bit of responsibility for trying to protect those who can't work from home.

I'd be happy to see more people NOT wearing masks, so long as social distancing was respected.

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 11:46 PM
I'd be happy to see more people NOT wearing masks, so long as social distancing was respected.

And fuck the cashier at the counter who can't social distance?

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:46 PM
We get it. You're a fucking hero.

Who says I want to spread it?

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:47 PM
And fuck the cashier at the counter who can't social distance?

Behind plexiglass

ChumpDumper
Who says I want to spread it?You. What is your reason for not wearing a mask? Muh freedom?

DMC
We get it. You're a fucking hero.

You've questioned everyone?

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:48 PM
baseline, you are paranoid AF

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:49 PM
You. What is your reason for not wearing a mask? Muh freedom?

Better understanding of how it spreads

ChumpDumper
06-16-2020, 11:50 PM
Better understanding of how it spreadsYou don't produce droplets if you're there for ten minutes?

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 11:51 PM
Who says I want to spread it?

You have been saying it for the last 20 minutes. :lol

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 11:52 PM
Behind plexiglass

I haven't seen any ice house with plexiglass and you're going to tell me every restaurant you order takeout from has it? How hard is it to wear a mask for two minutes? Do you look down on the workers there that much that you're so much more important than them that you can't do about the easiest possible thing that would lower the amount of droplets they're exposed to?

ChumpDumper
06-16-2020, 11:54 PM
Plexiglass isn't an airlock. You're indoors, just use a mask. Jesus.

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:55 PM
I haven't seen any ice house with plexiglass and you're going to tell me every restaurant you order takeout from has it? How hard is it to wear a mask for two minutes? Do you look down on the workers there that much that you're so much more important than them that you can't do about the easiest possible thing that would lower the amount of droplets they're exposed to?

I'm going to stop wearing masks entirely. Thanks

DarrinS
06-16-2020, 11:56 PM
Plexiglass isn't an airlock. You're indoors, just use a mask. Jesus.

^Fetal position Karen

baseline bum
06-16-2020, 11:57 PM
baseline, you are paranoid AF

I just recognize the world doesn't revolve around me and people who work in restaurants and ice houses are equally human.

ChumpDumper
:lol Darrin goes full oppositional defiant disorder after getting drunk

DarrinS
lol, fucking airlocks. :lmao

ChumpDumper
06-16-2020, 11:58 PM
^Fetal position KarenYou didn't explain your advanced knowledge of viral transmission.

Why do you want to spread the virus?

Or do you need to sober up first?

DarrinS
06-17-2020, 12:02 AM
I just recognize the world doesn't revolve around me and people who work in restaurants and ice houses are equally human.

This thing is just another pathogen in our world now.

If you and chump want to go full PPE in low risk environments, that's your right.

ChumpDumper
06-17-2020, 12:04 AM

If you and chump want to go full PPE in low risk environments, that's your right.Oh look, Darrin can still make straw men when he's drunk!

It all really comes down to muh freedoms with you.:lol just another Trump supporter

Blake
06-17-2020, 12:05 AM
For the tenth time, it's not about you.

Why is this so hard for people to understand

ChumpDumper
06-17-2020, 12:06 AM
Why is this so hard for people to understandDarrin's got poor people he needs to cough on.

Blake
06-17-2020, 12:06 AM
If you and chump want to go full PPE in low risk environments, that's your right.

STILL doesn't get it

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 12:07 AM

:lol You're a barfly so you don't exactly frequent low risk establishments. Can you just not be selfish and wear a mask?

ChumpDumper
06-17-2020, 12:08 AM
:lol You're a barfly so you don't exactly frequent low risk establishments. Can you just not be selfish and wear a mask?With any luck, Darrin will be able to kill the Valero clerk's grandma. More middle shelf tequila for him.

Blake
06-17-2020, 12:10 AM
Darrin's got poor people he needs to cough on.

Unless he's near a blm protest. Then it's full ppe bunker mode

DarrinS
06-17-2020, 12:10 AM
:lol You're a barfly so you don't exactly frequent low risk establishments. Can you just not be selfish and wear a mask?

I'm definitely not wearing one from this day forward.

Blake
06-17-2020, 12:11 AM

You're the reason our governor is a fucking idiot

SnakeBoy
06-17-2020, 12:12 AM
Curious why you seem to be expecting it to be more like 70%? Osterholm was talking 40% to 70% infection before it would burn itself out. Is there new research indicating the higher end number is more likely than when Osterholm made that prediction in early March? Or is this just a case of preparing for the worst and hoping for better?

On Sunday Osterholm was saying 60-70% over the next 12-18 months. He changes his tune a bit here and there.

I like Osterholm, I think he's more honest than any other experts I've seen. However I actually disagree with him in a big way because his view is that this will follow the pattern of an influenza pandemic and this isn't influenza. Influenza strains have their time in the sun so to speak and then other strains emerge.

So I've been posting my opinion since I think probably early February that this is the 5th endemic HCoV. So that actually implies something different from Osterholm's view of this. What it implies is that this virus will basically become ubiquitous like other HCoV's.

It's just my opinion. Hopefully I am wrong.

DarrinS
06-17-2020, 12:12 AM
Unless he's near a blm protest. Then it's full ppe bunker mode

There ain't no fuckin dumbass BLM protest anywhere near me.

slick'81
06-17-2020, 12:19 AM
There ain't no fuckin dumbass BLM protest anywhere near me.

I
thought you were better then this D

ChumpDumper
06-17-2020, 12:20 AM
I
thought you were better then this DHe's drunk and melting down. The big timing is next.

hater
06-17-2020, 12:20 AM
I have family members like Darrin tbqh :lmao

Somehow they insecure if they wear a mask in public. They think they are hot shit without a mask when in reality they are plain as fucking white bread :lmao

Poor insecure egomaniacs :lmao

Oh and Orangegutan is the biggest one of them all. No wonder these losers adore him tbqh

SnakeBoy
06-17-2020, 12:24 AM
I like the way drunk Darrin thinks

ChumpDumper
06-17-2020, 12:25 AM
:lol Trump supporters

DarrinS
06-17-2020, 12:27 AM
I
thought you were better then this D

Should I want protests near me?

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 12:29 AM
And you just know Darrin is suddenly going to start caring again when they new cases finally begin to trace back to BLM protests. :lol

spurraider21
06-17-2020, 12:33 AM
You still think it's the ventilators that kill people?
Now that you mention it i notice that a lot of people who get chemo die of cancer

baseline bum
06-17-2020, 12:34 AM

shitting on low wage peon workers to own the libs!

SnakeBoy
06-17-2020, 12:35 AM
Now that you mention it i notice that a lot of people who get cancer die of chemo

fify

baseline bum
06-17-2020, 12:35 AM
On Sunday Osterholm was saying 60-70% over the next 12-18 months. He changes his tune a bit here and there.

I like Osterholm, I think he's more honest than any other experts I've seen. However I actually disagree with him in a big way because his view is that this will follow the pattern of an influenza pandemic and this isn't influenza. Influenza strains have their time in the sun so to speak and then other strains emerge.

So I've been posting my opinion since I think probably early February that this is the 5th endemic HCoV. So that actually implies something different from Osterholm's view of this. What it implies is that this virus will basically become ubiquitous like other HCoV's.

It's just my opinion. Hopefully I am wrong.

OK thanks, I still gotta watch that Chris Wallace interview. He's one of the few people in the media who actually does interesting interviews. Wonder what made him come around on expecting it to be seasonal when he threw cold water on that idea in March.

I always wonder if the corona viruses that cause the common cold started off killing people like this one and then calmed down through natural selection... and how long it'll take this one to be a similarly minimal threat if so.

DarrinS
06-17-2020, 12:40 AM
shitting on low wage peon workers to own the libs!

Don't have it. Haven't transmitted it.

SnakeBoy
06-17-2020, 12:58 AM
I always wonder if the corona viruses that cause the common cold started off killing people like this one and then calmed down through natural selection... and how long it'll take this one to be a similarly minimal threat if so.

Yeah that's the interesting question I've been wondering about too. Not too much info to find since nobody ever really put money into understanding coronaviruses. If I remember right HCoV-NL63 is the most recent one and that emerged like a 1000 years ago. So we really have no info on what it did to the population when it was the novel virus.

There's two sides to the natural selection question. Did they calm down and become mild through natural selection or did we adapt to them through natural selection? Maybe a bit of both.

ChumpDumper
06-17-2020, 01:14 AM
Don't have it. Haven't transmitted it.
How would you know?

Blake
06-17-2020, 01:22 AM
How would you know?

He has a drinking buddy he's known for ten years that works at the hospital and he still doesn't understand how this works

ElNono
06-17-2020, 03:30 AM

Virus certainly doesn't care about your feels, tbh

TheGreatYacht
06-17-2020, 04:14 AM
The CHAOS Will Escalate

https://youtu.be/dtnEJ61vRjs

Spurtacular

This thread :lol

The sheeple :rollin

Chumpettes fear mongering and shaming

ElNono
06-17-2020, 05:57 AM
Definitely wear a mask during drive throughs... I mean, I have it already in the car, don't get what's the big deal...

tholdren
06-17-2020, 08:13 AM
He has a drinking buddy he's known for ten years that works at the hospital and he still doesn't understand how this works

What doesn't he understand? At least he's trying to learn about it. Many on here think that the data is actually a representation of what has happened that day. Just look at the thread. Gossip its hilarious

LkrFan
06-17-2020, 08:53 AM
Damn. Not good. Stay safe out there farmers. Real talk.

RandomGuy
06-17-2020, 09:13 AM
Definitely wear a mask during drive throughs... I mean, I have it already in the car, don't get what's the big deal...

The big deal is the usual snowflakes who can't stand being told to be considerate. You know who.

Trill Clinton
06-17-2020, 09:50 AM
They need to bring back the mandatory mask in public spaces. Going to HEB is like walking through a landmine. You would think at this point , everyone knows someone who has caught the virus or passed away from it and still some act as if they're untouchable.

DarrinS
06-17-2020, 09:54 AM
They need to bring back the mandatory mask in public spaces. Going to HEB is like walking through a landmine. You would think at this point , everyone knows someone who has caught the virus or passed away from it and still some act as if they're untouchable.

I wear mine at HEB. Wearing one in the drive thru seems silly.

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 10:02 AM

Went through a drive through a few weeks ago and the guy was coughing. Unlikely he had Covid or anything, but that's an example of why you should. Might as well just wear it for the 10 seconds you interact a mere foot away from a strangers face.

You make a bigger deal out of NOT wearing them in certain situations than the people telling you not to be a selfish old cunt do when they tell you to put it on.

hater
06-17-2020, 10:03 AM

Its silly that you have to repeat it 25 times ya insecure egomaniac

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 10:08 AM
Its silly that you have to repeat it 25 times ya insecure egomaniac

Boomers gon' boom.

DarrinS
06-17-2020, 10:11 AM
Went through a drive through a few weeks ago and the guy was coughing. Unlikely he had Covid or anything, but that's an example of why you should. Might as well just wear it for the 10 seconds you interact a mere foot away from a strangers face.

You make a bigger deal out of NOT wearing them in certain situations than the people telling you not to be a selfish old cunt do when they tell you to put it on.

Your mask is to protect others, dumbert

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 10:14 AM
Your mask is to protect others, dumbert

Then why the fuck did you bring up HEB and masks being worn by their employees as a point yesterday when it was mentioned that they're not requiring that customers do? :lol

Also, old drunk, the alcohol is frying your brain, would you rather have nothing on as someone is coughing a foot away from your face? Get it together, old man.

vy65
06-17-2020, 10:16 AM
“There’s every reason to believe the Chinese or European countries could get a vaccine before we do. If there was ever any hope that we might have an opportunity to access that vaccine, at least for our highest-risk people, it was tied to how we participate as good citizens scientifically around the world. … Other countries could beat us to the punch. … They will likely share that vaccine with other countries. I’m not sure it will be shared at all here.”

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 10:16 AM
Or, Darrin, are you admitting again that you dont give a fuck about infecting low wage workers who bag your groceries and serve your food? :lol

tholdren
06-17-2020, 10:20 AM
The big deal is the usual snowflakes who can't stand being told to be considerate. You know who.

TimDunkem said he had it. And here he is

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 10:26 AM
If any poster here hasn't done this yet then I would definitely recommend it. Forum instantly becomes more enjoyable and easier to read without the ducksesque gibberish being posted ad-nauseum. Less is more indeed. :lol

This message is hidden because tholdren is on your ignore list.

Reck
06-17-2020, 10:41 AM
Heavy drinker; heavy smoker. Confirmed.

I'm going to die, eventually, but it won't be from covid-19.

I can see why you’re against ventilators and any such equipment that would improve your survival chances should you fall severely ill. In your case, it probably wouldn’t matter.

boutons_deux
06-17-2020, 11:16 AM
Masks will soon be required in Bexar County as San Antonio region sees big spike in coronavirus cases

Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff issued an order Wednesday mandating that

businesses require customers and employees to wear masks when they’re on the premises

after the San Antonio region saw a record number of new cases of the novel coronavirus.

Gov. Greg Abbott has forbidden cities and counties from requiring residents to wear face coverings and imposing jail time for those who don’t wear masks. :lol FUCK shitbag Abbott in his shithole Texas

But Wolff said Wednesday he believes

the county has the authority to enforce mask requirements through new rules for businesses.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Masks-will-soon-be-required-in-Bexar-County-San-15346482.php?utm_campaign=mysa_breakingnews_202006 17&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email (https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Masks-will-soon-be-required-in-Bexar-County-San-15346482.php?utm_campaign=mysa_breakingnews_202006 17&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email)

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 11:22 AM
Masks will soon be required in Bexar County as San Antonio region sees big spike in coronavirus cases

businesses require customers and employees to wear masks when they’re on the premises

after the San Antonio region saw a record number of new cases of the novel coronavirus.

Gov. Greg Abbott has forbidden cities and counties from requiring residents to wear face coverings and imposing jail time for those who don’t wear masks. :lol FUCK shitbag Abbott in his shithole Texas

the county has the authority to enforce mask requirements through new rules for businesses.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Masks-will-soon-be-required-in-Bexar-County-San-15346482.php?utm_campaign=mysa_breakingnews_202006 17&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email (https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Masks-will-soon-be-required-in-Bexar-County-San-15346482.php?utm_campaign=mysa_breakingnews_202006 17&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email)
*wheelchair screeching to a stop*

ruh roh

Abbott isn't going to like this. :lol

boutons_deux
06-17-2020, 11:38 AM
shitbag Abbott gonna send the Texas Rangers to put Wolff in jail?

RandomGuy
06-17-2020, 11:47 AM
If any poster here hasn't [set tholdren to ignore] yet then I would definitely recommend it. Forum instantly becomes more enjoyable and easier to read without the ducksesque gibberish being posted ad-nauseum. Less is more indeed. :lol

+1

RandomGuy
06-17-2020, 11:48 AM
*wheelchair screeching to a stop*

ruh roh

Abbott isn't going to like this. :lol

Republicans say they are all about "local" control, until a local official does something they don't like. You can smell the hypocrisy from here.

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 11:55 AM
Republicans say they are all about "local" control, until a local official does something they don't like. You can smell the hypocrisy from here.
No doubt, but allowing that would throw a monkey wrench into Wheels kowtowing to daddy Trump. Wouldn't want to make daddy angry.

koriwhat
06-17-2020, 12:26 PM
Oh no! We should all go back and hide in our homes now for months to come!

Wgaf about the chYna virus?!

koriwhat
06-17-2020, 12:28 PM
It's funny how you'll never see the usual suspects like bouts cry about the protests, looting, and rioting being a catalyst for spreading the chYna virus.

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 12:32 PM
It's funny how you'll never see the usual suspects like bouts cry about the protests, looting, and rioting being a catalyst for spreading the chYna virus.

Man, you can't just jump into page 7 and say random shit. I already discussed this. The Metro Health Director already said tracing hasn't led back to protests yet. Wait a few days.

TimDunkem
06-17-2020, 12:35 PM
Oh no! We should all go back and hide in our homes now for months to come!

Wgaf about the chYna virus?!

I imagine the eldery, immunocompromised, those on immunosuppressants, those with comorbidities, fat people, pregnant women, and low wage workers who can't afford large hospital bills, or just anyone who would rather not get sick?

tholdren
06-17-2020, 01:15 PM
Man, you can't just jump into page 7 and say random shit. I already discussed this. The Metro Health Director already said tracing hasn't led back to protests yet. Wait a few days.

lol you said you had covid.

boutons_deux
06-17-2020, 01:27 PM

allow me to refine.

Confederate / Repug / red states are STILL hating, resisting Federal stuff, but within a state, the Repugs are authoritarian fascists overriding mostly blue or blue-ish cities.

eg, Houston elected a bunch of Dem judges, so the shitbag Repugs said they will stop judge elections and appoint Repug judges

btw, with the South in shambles, a lot of Johnny Rebels headed out West, taking their hate of Federal/Yankee govt with them.

The Bundy class of asshole, with their Mormon-brainwashing, also hate govt.

America is divided, terminally polarized, as ungovernable, as un-herd-able as a bunch cats

BSfromTX
06-17-2020, 01:38 PM
allow me to refine.

Confederate / Repug / red states are STILL hating, resisting Federal stuff, but within a state, the Repugs are authoritarian fascists overriding mostly blue or blue-ish cities.

eg, Houston elected a bunch of Dem judges, so the shitbag Repugs said they will stop judge elections and appoint Repug judges

btw, with the South in shambles, a lot of Johnny Rebels headed out West, taking their hate of Federal/Yankee govt with them.

The Bundy class of asshole, with their Mormon-brainwashing, also hate govt.

America is divided, terminally polarized, as ungovernable, as un-herd-able as a bunch cats

I totally agree, but look at your words above. Those people you are constantly insulting make up at least 1/3 to 1/2 of this country. Do you ever wonder why that is so? Do you ever wonder how you can be so right and the other half be so stupid?

How well do you listen when you are insulted in here?

boutons_deux
06-17-2020, 01:53 PM
Those people you are constantly insulting make up at least 1/3 to 1/2 of this country. Do you ever wonder why that is so? Do you ever wonder how you can be so right and the other half be so stupid?

that 1/3 to 1/2, which includes Trash/Repug/evangelical cult mob, with more political power than their numbers, aka minority rule, eg gerrymandering, voter suppression, the fucking Senate, is why America is fucked and unfuckable.

People who insult me here, who post SHIT in every post, are ALL blocked. I see their shit in quotes, and it's ALL shit, so they stay blocked.

Show my ANYTHING by Repugs whom these people elect that is positive For The People. Go back 45 years, I can wait.

BSfromTX
06-17-2020, 01:58 PM
that 1/3 to 1/2, which includes Trash/Repug/evangelical cult mob, with more political power than their numbers, aka minority rule, eg gerrymandering, voter suppression, the fucking Senate, is why America is fucked and unfuckable.

People who insult me here, who post SHIT in every post, are ALL blocked. I see their shit in quotes, and it's ALL shit, so they stay blocked.

Show my ANYTHING by Repugs whom these people elect that is positive For The People. Go back 45 years, I can wait.

Okay, so you are fine with the polarization or want it changed?

Blake
06-17-2020, 03:08 PM

Huh, that's interesting. Who's gonna enforce that? What about bars and restaurants?

SnakeBoy
06-17-2020, 03:16 PM
lol Boutons wants the police to imprison people who don't where a mask

Blake
06-17-2020, 03:17 PM
I totally agree, but look at your words above. Those people you are constantly insulting make up at least 1/3 to 1/2 of this country. Do you ever wonder why that is so? Do you ever wonder how you can be so right and the other half be so stupid?

False equivalence that "both sides are right/wrong"

koriwhat
06-17-2020, 03:18 PM
Okay, so you are fine with the polarization or want it changed?

He/she/it/them is a-ok with the division in politics and culture. Bouts wants him some cutual Marxism and it's here! I bet bouts can't wait to sign all us dissenting voices up for the gulags tbh.

koriwhat
06-17-2020, 03:20 PM

It's easy; bouts the retard has never listened to sowell. "Intellectuals and Race" would do bouts wonders!

Blake
06-17-2020, 03:21 PM
He/she/it/them is a-ok with the division in politics and culture. Bouts wants him some cutual Marxism and it's here! I bet bouts can't wait to sign all us dissenting voices up for the gulags tbh.

Nobody knows wtf you're ranting about. I don't really care, I'm just saying.

Blake
06-17-2020, 03:23 PM
It's easy; bouts the retard has never listened to sowell. "Intellectuals and Race" would do bouts wonders!

Lol koriwhat trying to sound smart.

koriwhat
06-17-2020, 03:26 PM
Nobody knows wtf you're ranting about. I don't really care, I'm just saying.

Lol koriwhat trying to sound smart.

Oh you definitely care...

As well, I wasn't trying to sound smart whatsoever. It's just your perspective because you're a fraud and not quite the intellectual you want us all to believe you to be.

I'm just glad I'm not a bitch like you are blaKKKe. Here's to hoping more butch fems cuck you in the future you weak fuck! :tu

tholdren
06-17-2020, 04:51 PM
Lol

SnakeBoy
06-21-2020, 02:40 PM
OK thanks, I still gotta watch that Chris Wallace interview. He's one of the few people in the media who actually does interesting interviews. Wonder what made him come around on expecting it to be seasonal when he threw cold water on that idea in March.

I just came across an Osterholm interview where he does talk about the difference between coronavirus/influenza and what that may mean, that we may not develop lasting immunity to covid, etc. Very good interview.

https://www.bluezones.com/2020/06/covid-19-straight-answers-from-top-epidemiologist-who-predicted-the-pandemic/

boutons_deux
06-21-2020, 02:45 PM
Wolfe has ordered 1M masks for Bexar county

Blake
06-21-2020, 04:03 PM
Wolfe has ordered 1M masks for Bexar county

Better late than never

TimDunkem
06-21-2020, 07:23 PM
538 new cases today. The most ever recorded in a single day in the area.

ChumpDumper
06-21-2020, 07:32 PM
538 new cases today. The most ever recorded in a single day in the area.You know they count anyone who drives within three blocks of a hospital or googles "kung flu" on their phones YOU CAN'T PROVE I'M WRONG.

baseline bum
06-21-2020, 07:37 PM
538 new cases today. The most ever recorded in a single day in the area.

So looks like this Bexar County reports 'biggest single day increase' is going to keep having to get bumped for a while.

slick'81
06-21-2020, 07:40 PM
Everything is fine. Im sure dr.holdren is lol'ing somewhere

DMC
06-21-2020, 11:40 PM
Someone explain why increased testing isn't responsible for increased positives, even if the increased positives out pace the increased testing. I'm not saying it isn't so, but it seems to have been accepted without question that the same positive % will apply if testing is increased, as if testing was being done on an accurate cross section and not just on people who exhibited the symptoms while now it's being done both through serology and PCR.

tholdren
06-21-2020, 11:47 PM
Everything is fine. Im sure dr.holdren is lol'ing somewhere
Sure am. Lololol. 2 weeks. Then all the people that have recovered will lose immunity and the human race will cease to exist.

Just stay inside until the virus gets you.

DMC
06-21-2020, 11:49 PM
Sure am. Lololol. 2 weeks. Then all the people that have recovered will lose immunity and the human race will cease to exist.

Just stay inside until the virus gets you.

I will go out fighting.

DMC
06-21-2020, 11:50 PM
How stupid does everyone look now who ran out to buy tons of toilet paper and beef?

Idiots.

tholdren
06-21-2020, 11:50 PM
I will go out fighting.
Move to Chaz or Chod?

baseline bum
06-21-2020, 11:53 PM
How stupid does everyone look now who ran out to buy tons of toilet paper and beef?

Idiots.

Should they be worried about their toilet paper going bad or something?

DMC
06-21-2020, 11:54 PM
Move to Chaz or Chod?

I think they'll morph the name to Chode. We'll be free to create a whole new world were everyone is equal and there will be no fighting because we all see ourselves in others. I'm bringing my AR-15.

DMC
06-21-2020, 11:56 PM
Should they be worried about their toilet paper going bad or something?

Sure, that's exactly what I meant. If you got caught up in the stupidity and panic, that's fine. It doesn't make it a sensible act just because you participated.

ElNono
06-21-2020, 11:57 PM
Someone explain why increased testing isn't responsible for increased positives, even if the increased positives out pace the increased testing. I'm not saying it isn't so, but it seems to have been accepted without question that the same positive % will apply if testing is increased, as if testing was being done on an accurate cross section and not just on people who exhibited the symptoms while now it's being done both through serology and PCR.

It's the diverge in positive results from testing over time. ie: A month ago you tested X amount and Y% of them tested positive. Two weeks ago you tested the same X amount and now you get 2Y%, then now you tested the same X amount and you get 3Y% or 4Y%.
Over time, it allows you to calculate what the R value is, and whether the infection rate is going up or down. Whereas you could argue the positive test count increased because you did more testing, the rate of positives over total tests, spread over time time indicates whether infections are increasing or decreasing.

DMC
06-22-2020, 12:04 AM
It's the diverge in positive results from testing over time. ie: A month ago you tested X amount and Y% of them tested positive. Two weeks ago you tested the same X amount and now you get 2Y%, then now you tested the same X amount and you get 3Y% or 4Y%.
Over time, it allows you to calculate what the R value is, and whether the infection rate is going up or down. Whereas you could argue the positive test count increased because you did more testing, the rate of positives over total tests, spread over time time indicates whether infections are increasing or decreasing.

I disagree. What you're saying would be true in a closed study with a controlled group and one reporting scheme. When you look at how it's being done, with dynamic reporting schemes that change based on political pressure to report or not report based on changing criteria, then consider that pockets of people could have easily been infected and just not tested, then suddenly you hit those pockets of infected and/or those even without severe symptoms are now being tested, the formula isn't as cut and dry.

It seems the input has changed so it stands to reason the output would change, and there's no reason to believe (that I've seen) the change would be linear or track testing to positives.

It could still pan out that infections are increasing and increased testing isn't the reason for the stats, but I feel a lot of important considerations where data is being gathered, how it's being gathered and how consistently the schemes are applied between reporting entities, is being overlooked for the bigger picture of a smoothed trend chart or one tell-all number. This pandemic has caused me to distrust groups and experts I'd not have questioned before, simply because of how they have been revealed to trick fuck numbers based on their political or career needs.

baseline bum
06-22-2020, 12:17 AM
Sure, that's exactly what I meant. If you got caught up in the stupidity and panic, that's fine. It doesn't make it a sensible act just because you participated.

Toilet paper doesn't go bad. Stocking up on shit like that makes logical sense for the individual even if it's retarded for the whole.

ElNono
06-22-2020, 12:37 AM
I disagree. What you're saying would be true in a closed study with a controlled group and one reporting scheme. When you look at how it's being done, with dynamic reporting schemes that change based on political pressure to report or not report based on changing criteria, then consider that pockets of people could have easily been infected and just not tested, then suddenly you hit those pockets of infected and/or those even without severe symptoms are now being tested, the formula isn't as cut and dry.

It seems the input has changed so it stands to reason the output would change, and there's no reason to believe (that I've seen) the change would be linear or track testing to positives.

It could still pan out that infections are increasing and increased testing isn't the reason for the stats, but I feel a lot of important considerations where data is being gathered, how it's being gathered and how consistently the schemes are applied between reporting entities, is being overlooked for the bigger picture of a smoothed trend chart or one tell-all number. This pandemic has caused me to distrust groups and experts I'd not have questioned before, simply because of how they have been revealed to trick fuck numbers based on their political or career needs.

Your disagreement is noted, but the math isn't that complicated. What's perhaps more complicated is to source the numbers to do the actual math (and even then, if multiple people processing said numbers reach the same ballpark, there's little reason for doubt). You don't have to be on a controlled group, the underlying math doesn't really change, because we're talking about basic statistics. You could argue we had relatively bad numbers initially because of the lack of testing (the testing wasn't enough to sample enough meaningful data, which is the main reason I mentioned very early it was dangerous to be lagging on testing) but the opposite, increased testing, is actually a net positive no matter how you look at it, or how people want to spin it.

As far as the politics, I'm much less concerned overall. The reality is that the virus doesn't care about your party affiliation, whether you want hide or pump the numbers, or anybody's feelings. Forging death certificates isn't something you can hide for very long, especially when there's family involved, and they received a diagnosis while the person was still alive. On the other hand, most people don't understand the difference between positive counts vs positive rates, or even basic statistics, so it's certainly easy to lie to them, especially the gullible kind who's looking for confirmation bias over anything else.

Xevious
06-22-2020, 08:19 AM
Our testing capacity did not suddenly quadruple overnight anyway. We've been testing pretty robustly within the hospital for many weeks now. And with a full, or near full census, we've gone from a grand total of zero positive covid inpatients two weeks ago to now around twenty - many in the 30-40s age range. And that's just at my small facility.

pgardn
06-22-2020, 09:27 AM
I will fight this virus. I will visit as many venues as I can while in my most infectious state and physically show my parents and friends how brave I am.

I AM, MAN.
ALPHA MAN.

SnakeBoy
06-22-2020, 10:08 AM
I will fight this virus. I will visit as many venues as I can while in my most infectious state and physically show my parents and friends how brave I am.

I AM, MAN.
ALPHA MAN.

Thanks for helping us get to the other side of this

DarrinS
06-22-2020, 10:38 AM
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

vy65
06-22-2020, 10:47 AM
https://www.tmc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/5-Average-daily-new-covid-19-positive-cases-by-week-6-22-2020.png

baseline bum
06-22-2020, 10:53 AM
nm read that graph wrong

SnakeBoy
06-22-2020, 10:53 AM
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

It will be interesting to see if death rates even out as the pandemic progresses.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 12:17 PM
You cannot do this for a multitude of reasons.

1. R value is a range that takes years to establish.

2. You cant calculate 1 because new daily rates aren't new daily rates. They are backlogged.

3 you cannot calculate because ab tests are mixed in. And backlogged.

4. You can not calculate because positive cases are cou ted positive without a test

**In creased positives can also be identified as an increase through hotspot testing and not reporting negatives. **

Are cases going up. Probably. Is it a concern, should not be.

SnakeBoy
06-22-2020, 01:13 PM

2. You cant calculate 1 because new daily rates aren't new daily rates. They are backlogged.

4. You can not calculate because positive cases are cou ted positive without a test

**In creased positives can also be identified as an increase through hotspot testing and not reporting negatives. **

It's weird how you take some things that are true (1-4) and use them come to a completely wrong conclusion.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 03:11 PM
It's weird how you take some things that are true (1-4) and use them come to a completely wrong conclusion.

There is nothing posted that is wrong.

Blake
06-22-2020, 03:13 PM
There is nothing posted that is wrong.

Wrong

ElNono
06-22-2020, 03:13 PM

You can absolutely do that, even when some of 1-4 might be true. Like SnakeBoy said, it only takes either a very stupid or very disingenuous person to list all that and come to the conclusion that you have.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2020, 03:18 PM
You can absolutely do that, even when some of 1-4 might be true. Like SnakeBoy said, it only takes either a very stupid or very disingenuous person to list all that and come to the conclusion that you have.To be fair, that person could be very stupid and very disingenuous.

ElNono
06-22-2020, 03:24 PM
To be fair, that person could be very stupid and very disingenuous.

true, tbh... could also disappear for months on end when embarrassed too.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 03:37 PM
You can absolutely do that, even when some of 1-4 might be true. Like SnakeBoy said, it only takes either a very stupid or very disingenuous person to list all that and come to the conclusion that you have.
Lol wrong. You cant get an accurate R0 from how testing and reporting is being done. That is a fact.

Blake
06-22-2020, 04:07 PM
Lol wrong. You cant get an accurate R0 from how testing and reporting is being done. That is a fact.

Wrong

tholdren
06-22-2020, 05:00 PM

facts R0 a range. Can't get a valid range of transmissiblility if you are coding unconfirmed cases. Cant get a valid range if you hotspot track. Cant get valid range if you nonreport negatives.

If you have 100 cases of ab from March and you present them as new cases. The R0 would increase from the day before. Keep on using no logic. Coronavirus will go on forever this way.

pgardn
06-22-2020, 05:07 PM
facts R0 a range. Can't get a valid range of transmissiblility if you are coding unconfirmed cases. Cant get a valid range if you hotspot track. Cant get valid range if you nonreport negatives.

If you have 100 cases of ab from March and you present them as new cases. The R0 would increase from the day before. Keep on using no logic. Coronavirus will go on forever this way.

You mean the flu.
bwa... ha.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 05:32 PM
You mean the flu.
bwa... ha.

significantly less than according to Stanford professors for under 50. Yikes. Keep posting about exppnential growth.

pgardn
06-22-2020, 05:35 PM
significantly less than according to Stanford professors for under 50. Yikes. Keep posting about exppnential growth.

Never did.
Find it and present it to the board.

But what an awful flu season!

tholdren
06-22-2020, 06:16 PM
Never did.

Actually you should research swedens past few years of all cause fatalities and flu. Not as bad as previous year. But don't research anything just gossip!

pgardn
06-22-2020, 06:19 PM
Never did.

pgardn
06-22-2020, 06:20 PM
Actually you should research swedens past few years of all cause fatalities and flu. Not as bad as previous year. But don't research anything just gossip!

dont research...

Thats what you "do".

tholdren
06-22-2020, 06:21 PM
dont research...

Thats what you "do".

I've been correct. You have not. Where they going to dock all.the ships in SA? The riverwalk?

baseline bum
06-22-2020, 06:22 PM
274 new cases today. Positivity rate was 16.9% for last week. Patients on ventilators tripled in the week, patients in hospitals doubled. Doubling time of infection is at 13 days right now in SA.

vy65
06-22-2020, 06:52 PM
274 new cases today. Positivity rate was 16.9% for last week. Patients on ventilators tripled in the week, patients in hospitals doubled. Doubling time of infection is at 13 days right now in SA.

I think that was as of 6/21. Weird that Austin's rate dropped significantly (129 from 506)

tholdren
06-22-2020, 07:01 PM

Watch all us census v new admissions. Not aligning.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2020, 07:02 PM
th:lolldren says no new cases. Disease does not exist.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2020, 07:03 PM
I was told that the heat would stop this thing.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 07:03 PM

Whoops ChumpDumper lied again

ChumpDumper
06-22-2020, 07:12 PM
Whoops ChumpDumper lied again:lmao "probably"

So wrong.

DarrinS
06-22-2020, 07:26 PM

Your body is 98.6 degrees and it lives fine in those conditions.

I think it doesn't spread very easily outdoors in the summer because of strong UV, better ventilation, etc.

spurraider21
06-22-2020, 07:26 PM
over 5100 cases for texas today, over 5500 for CA today. neither state had even seen a day with 4500 cases prior to today

DarrinS
06-22-2020, 07:30 PM
over 5100 cases for texas today, over 5500 for CA today. neither state had even seen a day with 4500 cases prior to today

They're also testing pretty much anyone who wants a test. For a long while, they only tested symptomatic people.

I'd keep an eye on hospitalization and deaths (couple of weeks from now).

spurraider21
06-22-2020, 07:33 PM
They're also testing pretty much anyone who wants a test. For a long while, they only tested symptomatic people.

I'd keep an eye on hospitalization and deaths (couple of weeks from now).
yep. daily death totals have been holding steady but there's a known lag, so time will tell.

as for the increased testing, i dont have access to daily numbers on that going back, but per worldometer there were ~56000 tests in texas today, with over 5k new cases

SnakeBoy
06-22-2020, 07:44 PM

I think the warm weather is definitely slowing transmission. Might be that true seasonality doesn't exist until there is a level of herd immunity.

DarrinS
06-22-2020, 07:50 PM
yep. daily death totals have been holding steady but there's a known lag, so time will tell.

as for the increased testing, i dont have access to daily numbers on that going back, but per worldometer there were ~56000 tests in texas today, with over 5k new cases

Yeah, but if most new cases are truly younger demo, I wouldn't expect a huge bump in deaths.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 07:53 PM
:lmao "probably"

So wrong.

Yes. You very clearly stated I said there were no new cases. You were completely wrong and you tried to lie. Ironic...

tholdren
06-22-2020, 07:54 PM
I think the warm weather is definitely slowing transmission. Might be that true seasonality doesn't exist until there is a level of herd immunity.

Coronaviruses are markedly seasonal. Hence the issue with the data reporting.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2020, 07:56 PM
Yes. You very clearly stated I said there were no new cases. You were completely wrong and you tried to lie. Ironic...:lol I was imitating the way you lie.

Hysterical you don't even recognize your own behavior.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 07:59 PM
:lol I was imitating the way you lie.

Hysterical you don't even recognize your own behavior.

oh is that what you're doing. Ok we believe you.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2020, 08:01 PM
oh is that what you're doing. Ok we believe you.:lmao "we"

You have lied from the very beginning about what other people have said.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 08:03 PM
:lmao "we"

You have lied from the very beginning about what other people have said.
Lololil
Nope don't lie. It's not moral.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2020, 08:06 PM
Lololil
Nope don't lie. It's not moral.Of course you lie.

You can't stop lying.

TimDunkem
06-22-2020, 08:13 PM
Bwahahaha th:lolldren Meltdooooownnn

SnakeBoy
06-22-2020, 08:23 PM
Coronaviruses are markedly seasonal. Hence the issue with the data reporting.

There's also a level of immunity in the population at all times, unlike with covid. So maybe seasonality doesn't exist until the virus becomes fully established. Obviously covid-19 is not seasonal yet.

DarrinS
06-22-2020, 08:34 PM
There's also a level of immunity in the population at all times, unlike with covid. So maybe seasonality doesn't exist until the virus becomes fully established. Obviously covid-19 is not seasonal yet.

I think there's some level of immunity. What explains the asymptomatic?

SnakeBoy
06-22-2020, 08:47 PM

No, I was talking about the other human coronaviruses which are seasonal now. We keep immunity to them for about 12 months after infection. Then we can get reinfected.

I think asymptomatic is largely genetics

MannyIsGod
06-22-2020, 08:55 PM

Regardless of symptoms, if you're capable of spreading the virus because its multiplying within you then you're not immune.

Hope we manage to keep the hospitals under control.

How are people with masks in SA? Here in BCS there's a huge percentage of people who won't wear them. In the rural areas its even worse.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 08:57 PM
No, I was talking about the other human coronaviruses which are seasonal now. We keep immunity to them for about 12 months after infection. Then we can get reinfected.

I think asymptomatic is largely genetics

Beginning year cdc stated 85+ percent will have mild to no symptoms. People with Comorbidities and elderly are the vast majority of fatality

tholdren
06-22-2020, 08:58 PM
Regardless of symptoms, if you're capable of spreading the virus because its multiplying within you then you're not immune.

How are people with masks in SA? Here in BCS there's a huge percentage of people who won't wear them. In the rural areas its even worse.

in the rural areas worse cases or antimaskers?

pgardn
06-22-2020, 09:03 PM

In my part of SA, NW side masks are very prevalent.
People are even biking with them which I completely dont understand how they are not overheating.
HEB and Walmart and the convenience stores close to me are at least 90% masks, its hard to find people without them.

TimDunkem
06-22-2020, 09:11 PM
I'd say about a third of people don't wear masks, or take theirs off at every opportunity.

SnakeBoy
06-22-2020, 09:14 PM

Not too many where them just outside SA and we went to eat in SA this weekend and most were not wearing.

I don't think masks are all that effective in stopping the spread but I started wearing a mask again last week when I go into stores just because I got tired of people ignoring any type of distancing at all. They do seem to work as a back the fuck up message.

DarrinS
06-22-2020, 09:24 PM

I'm in Helotes area, far NW side. There was a time when it was about 50%, I'd say. After recent news, I've seen nearly universal mask wearing.

ElNono
06-22-2020, 09:47 PM

^ this is strawman, nobody said we needed a 100% accurate R0 to establish trends.

You should probably pull a mid-march and disappear for a while, tbh, not only you're consistently getting embarrassed, you're melting down almost daily. 75% of the board already has you on ignore, so really, it's not like anybody is going to miss you.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 09:52 PM
^ this is strawman, nobody said we needed a 100% accurate R0 to establish trends.

You should probably pull a mid-march and disappear for a while, tbh, not only you're consistently getting embarrassed, you're melting down almost daily. 75% of the board already has you on ignore, so really, it's not like anybody is going to miss you.
Beahahahhahahha look at mr 130k backoedaling. Doesn't even understand R0

Bwahahahahhahahahahah the board has you on ignore. LololoooolololoIkolikol

Oh my. The ignore slam. Noooooooooooooooo

Hahahhaahahahhaha R0

Duh

ElNono
06-22-2020, 09:56 PM
^ another meltdown... don't skip your meds, and take a break my man... not healthy, tbh

tholdren
06-22-2020, 09:57 PM
^ another meltdown... don't skip your meds, and take a break my man... not healthy, tbh
Take a break? Says 130k. Lololololololol

ElNono
06-22-2020, 10:13 PM
I'm not the one melting down here, and on perma-ignore...

But look, you do what you want, I thought disappearing for march-april after that epic bad call helped your mental sanity a bit... maybe not.

tholdren
06-22-2020, 10:16 PM
I'm not the one melting down here, and on perma-ignore...

But look, you do what you want, I thought disappearing for march-april after that epic bad call helped your mental sanity a bit... maybe not.
Lolol epic bad call? 2x flu about right. Going to be less every day cases increase.

130k here I come.

ElNono
06-22-2020, 10:16 PM
Lolol epic bad call? 2x flu about right. Going to be less every day cases increase.

130k here I come.

ok boomer

tholdren
06-22-2020, 10:17 PM
ok boomer

so you admit I'm right. Happy to hear

ChumpDumper
06-22-2020, 10:19 PM
ok boomerth:lmaoldren