PDA

View Full Version : Aunt Jemima brand retired - what's next?

DC23
06-18-2020, 12:43 AM
Today the Aunt Jemima was retired. What's next? Famous Amos cookies? Will black actors not allowed to be injured or killed in movies/TV shows? Will chimpanzees be removed from zoos because their captivity is symbolic of black slavery? Will fast food chains like Popeyes and KFC be forced to close?

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 12:44 AM
Imagine being triggered by a black lady on a syrup bottle. :lol

DC23
06-18-2020, 12:47 AM
Cold remedies like Zicam must be banned because there is cotton separating the cap from the tablets.

DMC
06-18-2020, 12:49 AM
They're just going to change the name. The product will be the same. No one really gives a shit.

baseline bum
06-18-2020, 12:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8v8dnMdloo

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 12:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-AKUNpcLRg

Chris
06-18-2020, 01:40 AM
Mark Dice is having fun with it :lol here's just a few:

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1273348375555923968?s=19
https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1273025249605324805?s=19
https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1273425179738173440?s=19

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 01:55 AM
Or being triggered that the black lady on a syrup bottle is changing :lol

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 02:07 AM

It doesn't bother me beyond the normal 'I don't like change' feeling that people tend to get.

Did you have a problem with the product presentation, Lite?

clambake
06-18-2020, 02:26 AM
What will happen to soul glo?

Blake
06-18-2020, 02:30 AM
Mark Dice is having fun with it :lol here's just a few:

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1273348375555923968?s=19
https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1273025249605324805?s=19
https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1273425179738173440?s=19

Those would be funny if they were funny

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 02:33 AM
Those would be funny if they were funny

They hurt your feelings, didn't they?

ElNono
06-18-2020, 02:41 AM
That Quaker guy is too white, and looks like he's hiding something, tbh... could be next...

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 10:13 AM
It doesn't bother me beyond the normal 'I don't like change' feeling that people tend to get.
so the changing of this maple syrups name bothers you to some extent?

Did you have a problem with the product presentation, Lite?
Nope. I don’t care either way

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 10:20 AM
You’re really getting an “I don’t like change” feeling from a syrup bottle :lol

David Hogg
06-18-2020, 10:21 AM
What are you, a bunch of children? Still using Aunt Jemima syrup on your pancakes :lmao

Real men use whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles.

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 10:21 AM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. How fucking hard is this simple, common-sense concept for the Left to understand? :bang

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 10:24 AM
What are you, a bunch of children? Still using Aunt Jemima syrup on your pancakes :lmao

:lol

Real men don't eat fucking pancakes, we eat lean meat and vegetables, fruits, whole grains.

American breakfast food is greasy, oversweet, and disgusting. I typically skip breakfast.

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 10:24 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. How fucking hard is this simple, common-sense concept for the Left to understand? :bang
:lol emotionally attached to the name of maple syrup

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 10:26 AM

On the rare occasion where I feel like cooking pancakes or French toast, it’s real organic Vermont maple syrup. Nothing else compares.

People who give a fuck about this either way are retarded. I really don’t think the Aunt Jemima brand was all that offensive, but :lmao getting bent out of shape over a syrup bottle cover.

David Hogg
06-18-2020, 10:32 AM
Did all you white victims get this pissed when Dunkin Donuts changed to Dunkin?

David Hogg
06-18-2020, 10:34 AM
On the rare occasion where I feel like cooking pancakes or French toast, it’s real organic Vermont maple syrup. Nothing else compares.

People who give a fuck about this either way are retarded. I really don’t think the Aunt Jemima brand was all that offensive, but :lmao getting bent out of shape over a syrup bottle cover.
Yeah real maple syrup is the only way to go :tu

Why the hell would anybody willingly pour caramel colored corn syrup on their food? :lol

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 10:36 AM
This is nothing more than a marketing gimmick by a company to get attention that might lead to a a short term boost to sales. No one ITT was even thinking about Aunt Jemima syrup and now you all are.

Hopefully the inevitable conservative boycott of PepsiCo products will work better than the Keurig boycott, Nike boycott and Netflix boycott did :lol

IronMexican
06-18-2020, 10:37 AM
Fucking kek

She's a lizard person

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 10:38 AM
:lol emotionally attached to the name of maple syrup

1. Aunt Jemima (and Log Cabin) aren't maple syrup. They're high fructose corn syrup with artificial maple flavor.

2. I don't buy any of that stuff. It's oversweet, gross, and sickly unhealthy.

3. :lol trading two hundred dollar bills (Mack+Cooper) for a bag of quarters :lol

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 10:45 AM
Today the Aunt Jemima was retired. What's next? Famous Amos cookies? Will black actors not allowed to be injured or killed in movies/TV shows? Will chimpanzees be removed from zoos because their captivity is symbolic of black slavery? Will fast food chains like Popeyes and KFC be forced to close?None of those things will happen.

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 10:47 AM
1. Aunt Jemima (and Log Cabin) aren't maple syrup. They're high fructose corn syrup with artificial maple flavor.

2. I don't buy any of that stuff. It's oversweet, gross, and sickly unhealthy.

3. :lol trading two hundred dollar bills (Mack+Cooper) for a bag of quarters :lol
So you’re upset about the name change of a syrup that you never even buy or use?

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 10:48 AM
None of those things will happen.
Have you not seen the rampant cases of people wanting to marry their dogs and siblings after gay marriage was legalized?

Trill Clinton
06-18-2020, 10:51 AM
You snowflakes crying about some syrup now?

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 10:53 AM
So you’re upset about the name change of a syrup that you never even buy or use?

It's the concept, not whether or not it's specifically relevant to me. Aunt Jemima has been an American tradition for over a century. The concept of the hipster Left making radical changes for no good reason.

Similar thing regarding the Redskins, if they ever change their name to appease the New Left, I'm officially done with the NFL, even as a Cowboys fan. Do I really want to watch my team beat up on the Flamingos twice per year...?... nope.

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 10:59 AM
It's the concept, not whether or not it's specifically relevant to me. Aunt Jemima has been an American tradition for over a century. The concept of the hipster Left making radical changes for no good reason.

Similar thing regarding the Redskins, if they ever change their name to appease the New Left, I'm officially done with the NFL, even as a Cowboys fan. Do I really want to watch my team beat up on the Flamingos twice per year...?... nope.
This isn’t the “hipster left.” No one was talking about Aunt Jemima, PepsiCo voluntarily decided to change the branding of one of its subsidiary products. Are you saying the government should interfere with our free market economy and dictate how a company is required to brand its products?

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 11:00 AM
Have you not seen the rampant cases of people wanting to marry their dogs and siblings after gay marriage was legalized?:lol somehow food will no longer be fried. KFC and Popeyes were started by white guys and represented by white guys in marketing for decades so I don't even know what the argument there is.

baseline bum
06-18-2020, 11:02 AM
This is nothing more than a marketing gimmick by a company to get attention that might lead to a a short term boost to sales. No one ITT was even thinking about Aunt Jemima syrup and now you all are.

Hopefully the inevitable conservative boycott of PepsiCo products will work better than the Keurig boycott, Nike boycott and Netflix boycott did :lol

What is Trumpworld triggered at Pepsi over? :lol

baseline bum
06-18-2020, 11:10 AM

Why are you so butthurt Quaker Oats Company wants to change the name of their product so they can make more money?

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 11:11 AM
What is Trumpworld triggered at Pepsi over? :lol
Aunt Jemima is a Quaker Oats brandand Quaker Oats is owner by Pepsi, so I’m just assuming the snowflakes will boycott all Pepsi products :lol

baseline bum
06-18-2020, 11:13 AM
Aunt Jemima is a Quaker Oats brandand Quaker Oats is owner by Pepsi, so I’m just assuming the snowflakes will boycott all Pepsi products :lol

That would be awesome, less Boomer beetus, lower healthcare costs. Win/win.

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 11:16 AM
That would be awesome, less Boomer beetus, lower healthcare costs. Win/win.
Yeah except it’s not gonna happen. They couldn’t successfully boycott Nike, Keurig or Netflix, they definitely won’t be able to boycott the sugary food products that they ride around in their Rascal Scooter at the grocery store anxious to buy.

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 11:16 AM
It's an interesting story. I remember when Aunt Jemima was updated from the mammy stereotype to basically Natalie Cole. I thought that was a pretty positive change and adequate, but I can understand the rotten core argument.

There are some overcorrections in corporate America but I'm OK with the effort overall. I don't think there was any reason to pull Gone with the Wind from HBO Max, for example. It just needs some TCM-style context like when they screen obviously racist but still significant films like Birth of a Nation. Just odd to nix the first black Oscar Winner for any amount of time.

leemajors
06-18-2020, 11:19 AM
That Quaker guy is too white, and looks like he's hiding something, tbh... could be next...

He does own Aunt Jemima.

Blake
06-18-2020, 11:20 AM

It's broke

clambake
06-18-2020, 11:20 AM
You snowflakes crying about some syrup now?

You have no idea how us white people are suffering

Trill Clinton
06-18-2020, 11:30 AM
You have no idea how us white people are suffering

I can empathize with you, fam. White people have had to put up with racism as well and enough is enough. I am in full support of changing the Cracker Barrell franchise name.

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 12:05 PM
This isn’t the “hipster left.” No one was talking about Aunt Jemima, PepsiCo voluntarily decided to change the branding of one of its subsidiary products. Are you saying the government should interfere with our free market economy and dictate how a company is required to brand its products?

The hipster left pressured Pepsi/Quaker to do so, and they kow towed. That's the problem. The corporatocracy, Drew Brees, GWB, JJ Watt etc getting brainwashed by the far left due to peer pressure.

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 12:07 PM
Why are you so butthurt Quaker Oats Company wants to change the name of their product so they can make more money?

Leftist Chickenshit #2
Thread, have a field day my man !

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 12:08 PM

Meh. Only product I've ever liked of theirs is Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal, and I haven't eaten it in several years. Taco Bell and Pizza Hut are both disgusting and KFC is way overpriced. Also, Coke >>>>>>>>> Pepsi.

Grab a Coke and a nice Chick Fil-A, my friends.

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 12:11 PM
Have you not seen the rampant cases of people wanting to marry their dogs and siblings after gay marriage was legalized?

This guy married his dog. 1979

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGdHDpUjgHY

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 12:21 PM
The hipster left pressured Pepsi/Quaker to do so, and they kow towed. That's the problem. The corporatocracy, Drew Brees, GWB, JJ Watt etc getting brainwashed by the far left due to peer pressure.
Who on the left was bitching about Aunt Jemima? Be specific.

baseline bum
06-18-2020, 12:22 PM

Just because the 30% has outsized power in our federal government doesn't mean you guys will get catered to everywhere else. There is no electoral college equivalent at the grocery store to make a Wyoming shopper worth more than a California shopper to the company.

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 12:22 PM
This guy married his dog. 1979

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGdHDpUjgHY
the thing is, i'm not entirely convinced that you know this isn't real

but to the point, i was told that gay marriage was actually going to lead to that

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 12:25 PM
Who on the left was bitching about Aunt Jemima? Be specific.
the worst part about this name change is the dissolution of the Uncle Ben - Aunt Jemima marriage

SpursforSix
06-18-2020, 12:25 PM
I can empathize with you, fam. White people have had to put up with racism as well and enough is enough. I am in full support of changing the Cracker Barrell franchise name.

Ha.

SpursforSix
06-18-2020, 12:26 PM
What about the Popeye’s lady?

SpursforSix
06-18-2020, 12:27 PM
Also, is there any doubt that Colonel Sanders was a slave owner?
I mean...what army was he a Colonel in?

SpursforSix
06-18-2020, 12:29 PM
Also, is there any doubt that Colonel Sanders was a slave owner?
I mean...what army was he a Colonel in?

NM.

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 12:34 PM
the thing is, i'm not entirely convinced that you know this isn't real

but to the point, i was told that gay marriage was actually going to lead to that
Who told you that? I think if anything it would lead to polygamy, tax evasion etc. not so much bestiality. Bestiality is evil because the animals cannot think as humans can so it is rape in every case. I think incest/incestuous marriage should be legal if both partners are 21+ and fully consenting.

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 12:37 PM
Who told you that? I think if anything it would lead to polygamy, tax evasion etc. not so much bestiality. Bestiality is evil because the animals cannot think as humans can so it is rape in every case. I think incest/incestuous marriage should be legal if both partners are 21+ and fully consenting.
Are you really trying to claim that “gay marriage is a slippery slope to bestiality!” hasn’t been a Republican talking point for years?

just a few examples:
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211819

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 12:41 PM
Are you really trying to claim that “gay marriage is a slippery slope to bestiality!” hasn’t been a Republican talking point for years?

just a few examples:
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211819

Slippery slope is a real thing, but bestiality is kind of a universal no-no kind of like raping children. Not a left or right thing, a sick, perverted thing.

Incest? Not my cup of tea but it's wrong to criminalize it if both partners are fully consenting. You can't do that and call yourselves a free country. A family member can think for themselves and say yes or no; an animal (or a child) cannot.

Gibbz
06-18-2020, 12:42 PM
No more mammy on sugar syrup container for my morning cake make my head hurt :(
First man can be wife now this :(

clambake
06-18-2020, 12:43 PM

LOL

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 12:46 PM
Slippery slope is a real thing
So then what slippery slope is gay marriage leading us down and why hasn’t it happened yet?

Chucho
06-18-2020, 12:57 PM
Slippery slope is a real thing, but bestiality is kind of a universal no-no kind of like raping children. Not a left or right thing, a sick, perverted thing.

Incest? Not my cup of tea but it's wrong to criminalize it if both partners are fully consenting. You can't do that and call yourselves a free country. A family member can think for themselves and say yes or no; an animal (or a child) cannot.

Are you saying that gay marriage will lead to legalized incest?

Gibbz
06-18-2020, 12:59 PM

He hopes to God it does.

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 01:04 PM
It would actually make perfect sense if he was a product of incest.

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 01:15 PM

There's nothing inherently wrong with incest. It's not my thing, but any two consenting human adults should be allowed to marry, fornicate, whatever. It's not rape, like with animals or children (or the mentally retarded, etc).

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 01:16 PM

He hopes to God it does.

yep

There's nothing inherently wrong with incest. It's not my thing, but any two consenting human adults should be allowed to marry, fornicate, whatever. It's not rape, like with animals or children (or the mentally retarded, etc).

Blake
06-18-2020, 01:22 PM

TheGreatYacht
06-18-2020, 01:24 PM
The Wendy's logo is next. Gotta have more diversity to please the Chumpettes.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 01:25 PM
You’re really getting an “I don’t like change” feeling from a syrup bottle :lol

I like traditions. Aunty J been around for 142 years and has to go cos some snowflakes got their feelings hurt. Sad.

Blake
06-18-2020, 01:27 PM

What's wrong with the Wendy logo?

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 01:28 PM
so the changing of this maple syrups name bothers you to some extent?

Nope. I don’t care either way

It gives me pause.

Blake
06-18-2020, 01:28 PM
I like traditions. Aunty J been around for 142 years and has to go cos some snowflakes got their feelings hurt. Sad.

:cry muh aunt Jemima :cry

TheGreatYacht
06-18-2020, 01:29 PM

She's a white red-haired girl. That doesn't bother you and ChumpDumper?

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 01:30 PM
She's a white red-haired girl. That doesn't bother you and ChumpDumper?Why would that bother me, derp?

Explain.

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 01:33 PM
It gives me pause.
ok. lets pause and give her a moment of silence.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 01:33 PM

I don't recall any ground-sweeping boycotts by conservatives, particularly any that lasted for months and years. Certainly nothing strong against Netflix and Nike

You chumpettes keep laughing like that has been the case. If conservatives really came out against a company, they would have the power to enact change. You shouldn't be so cocky.

The truth is most Americans of all stripes are pretty damn apathetic and are not typically mobilized over an existential threat.

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 01:34 PM
I've don't recall any ground-sweeping boycotts by conservatives, particularly any that lasted for months and years. Certainly nothing strong against Netflix and NikeThat's the point. It was all whining and nothing effective.

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 01:35 PM
If conservatives really came out against a company, they would have the power to enact change. You shouldn't be so cocky.
Then why don’t they do it tough guy? Sounds like they lack convictions, tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 01:37 PM
So then what slippery slope is gay marriage leading us down and why hasn’t it happened yet?

As aforementioned... polygamy (not there yet), tax evasion (definitely a thing), more immigration fraud (definitely a thing, already a thing with straight couples but June 2015 really opened Pandora's box bigtime).

What needs to happen is, regardless of straight or gay marriage, there needs to be a 7 full calendar year legal federal minimum on marriages before a divorce can be legally approved, and then each party must wait a minimum of 5 full calendar years to be eligible for re-marriage. That would go a long way to eliminating most of the fraud. Everyone (legitimate married taxpayers and the IRS) would win, at the expense of fraudsters.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 01:40 PM
That's the point. It was all whining and nothing effective.

Yea, all your whining is not effective. :lol

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 01:41 PM
As aforementioned... polygamy (not there yet), tax evasion (definitely a thing), more immigration fraud (definitely a thing, already a thing with straight couples but June 2015 really opened Pandora's box bigtime).

What needs to happen is, regardless of straight or gay marriage, there needs to be a 7 full calendar year legal federal minimum on marriages before a divorce can be legally approved, and then each party must wait a minimum of 5 full calendar years to be eligible for re-marriage. That would go a long way to eliminating most of the fraud. Everyone (legitimate married taxpayers and the IRS) would win, at the expense of fraudsters.
Really weird that gay marriage fraud bothers you a lot more than straight marriage fraud does.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 01:43 PM

The truth is most Americans of all stripes are pretty damn apathetic and are not typically mobilized over an existential threat.

They're comfortable in their bubble(s).
They're also not herded as easily as Democrats, tbh.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 01:44 PM

They're also not herded as easily as Democrats, tbh.

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 01:45 PM
Yea, all your whining is not effective. :lolI wasn't the one whining about Netflix and Nike, derp.

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 01:46 PM
They're also not herded as easily as Democrats, tbh.What are you doing, tough guy?

Blake
06-18-2020, 01:48 PM

He'll take a knee during the commercial in protest

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 01:49 PM
Lets create a new national holiday called Aunt Jemima Day.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 01:50 PM
I wasn't the one whining about Netflix and Nike, derp.

Yea, Chris apparently complained about them and permatriggered you. :lmao

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 01:50 PM
He'll take a knee during the commercial in protest
:lmao

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 01:51 PM
What are you doing, tough guy?

:lol AnkleHumper

Blake
06-18-2020, 01:52 PM
She's a white red-haired girl. That doesn't bother you and ChumpDumper?

Are you a red headed stepchild that was beaten because of your ginger status? If so then I guess I can understand your cry for logo Wendy's logo change

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 01:58 PM
:lol AnkleHumperYou're only whining.:tu

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 02:07 PM

She's a white red-haired girl. That doesn't bother you and ChumpDumper (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=153)?

Are you a red headed stepchild that was beaten because of your ginger status? If so then I guess I can understand your cry for logo Wendy's logo change

Dat self awareness again.

:lol Board cuckold talking sh**.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 02:08 PM
What's the new brand gonna be?

ElNono
06-18-2020, 02:39 PM
What's the new brand gonna be?

definitely not ShotThroughTheHeart!

TXstbobcat
06-18-2020, 03:42 PM
Lets create a new national holiday called Aunt Jemima Day.

Wow! I’m Getting a half day Holliday tomorrow and now this idea. I definitely support your new pancake Holliday!!

CosmicCowboy
06-18-2020, 03:45 PM
Cracker jack is being changed to Privileged Jack.

benefactor
06-18-2020, 03:53 PM
Cracker jack is being changed to Privileged Jack.
Nah, Caucasian Jack tbh

hater
06-18-2020, 04:09 PM
Nah, Caucasian Jack tbh

Nah, goofy dancing jack

Blake
06-18-2020, 04:34 PM
Dat self awareness again.

:lol Board cuckold talking sh**.

:cry I needs muh "Aunty J" or muh food ain't the same :cry

https://data.ibtimes.sg/en/full/38689/aunt-jemima-old-logo.jpg

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2020, 05:09 PM
Really weird that gay marriage fraud bothers you a lot more than straight marriage fraud does.

I didn't say that, I implied that both gay and straight marriage should be regulated equally. Gay marriage just opens up the door for more fraud possibilities. Like, I'm gonna marry my guy best friend and get a house together and invite a bunch o' hot chicks over every weekend to party with, get drunk with & fuck. And save money on taxes without having to hear long term bitching from a single woman. Seems like livin' the life. The Chuck and Larry movie really struck a chord.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 05:19 PM
:cry I needs muh "Aunty J" or muh food ain't the same :cry

https://data.ibtimes.sg/en/full/38689/aunt-jemima-old-logo.jpg

Are you offended by that display, board cuckold?

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 05:24 PM
Are you offended by that display, board cuckold?Do you like that racial stereotype, derp?

Yes or no.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 05:26 PM
Do you like that racial stereotype, derp?

Yes or no.

Don't be swooping to your bestie's rescue.

Question still pending, blake.

Does that display offend you?

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 05:31 PM
Don't be swooping to your bestie's rescue.

Question still pending, blake.

Does that display offend you?derp folds

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 05:37 PM
derp folds

Don't make this about yourself.

Let your chihuahua answer.

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 05:39 PM
Don't make this about yourself.

Let your chihuahua answer.You're making it about him.

Answer your own question: Do you find it offensive?

Blake
06-18-2020, 06:46 PM
Are you offended by that display, board cuckold?

:lol of course it's offensive, retard.

/derptalk

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 07:36 PM
:lol of course it's offensive, retard.

/derptalk

That's how many black persons talked in the 19th century.

Why do you get to be offended at historical depictions?

FrostKing
06-18-2020, 07:47 PM
University Florida dropping "Gator bait" celebration on the grounds of racism

It was created in the 90s by a black player :lol

FrostKing
06-18-2020, 07:50 PM
IMO the end game is to eliminate culture from the Boomers and General X

Which cracks me up because the next generation will be even more close minded and replace whatever this generation puts up

Blake
06-18-2020, 07:53 PM
That's how many black persons talked in the 19th century.

Why do you get to be offended at historical depictions?

No sorry, you're too stupid to continue.

TXstbobcat
06-18-2020, 08:01 PM
University Florida dropping "Gator bait" celebration on the grounds of racism

It was created in the 90s by a black player :lol

iI”m guessing that he didn’t know that (per the ESPN article) black babies were used as bait to catch gators.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 08:02 PM
No sorry, you're too stupid to continue.

Are you under the impression that they spoke prim and proper English?

Why are you offeded by historically accurate depictions?

FrostKing
06-18-2020, 08:19 PM
iI”m guessing that he didn’t know that (per the ESPN article) black babies were used as bait to catch gators.
Reading FSU forum - first time I've seen the fan base defend something Florida

That is folk lore. Black babies were worth more than Gators. Makes no logical sense.

ChumpDumper
06-18-2020, 08:39 PM
Jesus derp is stupid.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 08:54 PM
Mohamad cherp is stupid.

ducks
06-18-2020, 09:19 PM
I think they could be out of business in near future with their stupid thinking
She was a great black lady

TXstbobcat
06-18-2020, 09:29 PM
They had better not start fucking around with the famous Amos cookies!

FrostKing
06-18-2020, 09:29 PM
https://i.ibb.co/f9dCvRJ/56886.jpg

Important part

"We believe BLM is a human rights issue not a political one"

Tucker's point - BLM is a political movement.

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 09:31 PM
I think they could be out of business in near future with their stupid thinking
She was a great black lady
she wasnt a real person

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 09:32 PM
https://i.ibb.co/f9dCvRJ/56886.jpg

Important part

"We believe BLM is a human rights issue not a political one"

Tucker's point - BLM is a political movement.
of course it's political. so was the civil rights act. so was abolition.

all human rights issues are inherently political

FrostKing
06-18-2020, 09:38 PM

Arguing it is not political, keeps BLM from being questioned or especially criticised

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 09:43 PM
Arguing it is not political, keeps BLM from being questioned or especially criticised
when people say "this isn't political" or "this shouldn't be political" what they tend to mean is that they believe it should not be something divided by party lines.

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 10:00 PM

Yea, every black person should have the right to burn down buildings and fire taser guns at police. Duh!

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 10:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXnWJLLA7Ww

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 10:02 PM
Yea, every black person should have the right to burn down buildings and fire taser guns at police. Duh!
i dont agree with that

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 10:05 PM
i dont agree with that

Then you don't agree with BLM.

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 10:07 PM
Then you don't agree with BLM.
good for them

also, strawman noted

Spurtacular
06-18-2020, 10:08 PM
good for them

also, strawman noted

That's what they've pushed forth. Cry all you want.

spurraider21
06-18-2020, 10:12 PM
That's what they've pushed forth. Cry all you want.
to the extent that anybody believes that "every black person should have the right to burn down buildings and fire taser guns at police" i whole heartedly disagree with them.

happy?

Blake
06-19-2020, 01:55 AM
They had better not start fucking around with the famous Amos cookies!

So if they change the name you'll stop eating them.

You guys are morons

ChumpDumper
06-19-2020, 06:10 AM
They had better not start fucking around with the famous Amos cookies!Um, Wally Amos is a real person. Aunt Jemima is not. This is getting weird.

Chris
06-21-2020, 08:32 PM
https://twitter.com/DiamondandSilk/status/1274806885984735234?s=19

SnakeBoy
06-21-2020, 08:59 PM
I just hope they pick a proper new name. Artificially Flavored Corn Syrup would be a good one.

baseline bum
06-21-2020, 09:00 PM
I just hope they pick a proper new name. Artificially Flavored Corn Syrup would be a good one.

Beetus in a Bottle is catchier IMO.

SnakeBoy
06-21-2020, 09:09 PM
Beetus in a Bottle is catchier IMO.

:lol That's perfect. New character could be something like...

https://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/468000/620x/diabetes-amputation-1-453928.jpg

ElNono
06-21-2020, 09:58 PM

Fake news, and lmao @ this 'grandson' suing Quaker for billions of dollars and losing :lmao

Will Hunting
06-21-2020, 10:00 PM
Fake news, and lmao @ this 'grandson' suing Quaker for billions of dollars and losing :lmao
:lmao the grandson of a fictitious woman

spurraider21
06-21-2020, 10:27 PM
victimhood olympics good now

Blake
06-21-2020, 10:42 PM

Whose likeness they stopped using in 1954

LkrFan
06-22-2020, 10:12 AM

That was some good syrup tho :cry

ducks
06-23-2020, 11:28 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/104860944_2854350411343215_6043853333339194604_n.j pg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQkqbqSSvnT8WpkTFAk96NVplBZ-jMBlZvOiq0NAq48psfVW9KdlFs2KCpWuj1anKkg&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=8d55609be849a716a5456bb3c59b5367&oe=5F191F33

Good question

ChumpDumper
06-23-2020, 11:29 AM
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/104860944_2854350411343215_6043853333339194604_n.j pg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQkqbqSSvnT8WpkTFAk96NVplBZ-jMBlZvOiq0NAq48psfVW9KdlFs2KCpWuj1anKkg&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=8d55609be849a716a5456bb3c59b5367&oe=5F191F33

Good questionThey were. Cops just hadn't murdered enough black guys on video to get anything changed yet.

Hope that helped you understand.

CosmicCowboy
06-23-2020, 03:09 PM

she wasn't fictitious. Her name wasn't really "Aunt Jemima", though.

Nancy Green, a former slave from Kentucky, played the first Aunt Jemima. Green was a middle-aged woman living on the South Side of Chicago, working as a cook and housekeeper for a prominent judge. After a series of auditions, she was hired to cook and serve the new pancake recipe at the World’s Fair. Part of her act was to tell stories from her own early slave life along with plantation tales written for her by a white southern sales representative.

Blake
06-23-2020, 03:26 PM
she wasn't fictitious. Her name wasn't really "Aunt Jemima", though.

Nancy Green, a former slave from Kentucky, played the first Aunt Jemima. Green was a middle-aged woman living on the South Side of Chicago, working as a cook and housekeeper for a prominent judge. After a series of auditions, she was hired to cook and serve the new pancake recipe at the World’s Fair. Part of her act was to tell stories from her own early slave life along with plantation tales written for her by a white southern sales representative.

You just confirmed she was fictitious

CosmicCowboy
06-23-2020, 03:30 PM

So any musician or actor that uses a stage name is fictitious?

DMX7
06-23-2020, 03:31 PM

He's the grandson of a real women but she was an actress playing the role of Aunt Jemima according to CosmicCowboy. It sounds like it was all a fictitious marketing ploy.

ChumpDumper
06-23-2020, 03:33 PM
Are we seriously having a debate over the historical legacy of a pancake mix box model?

vy65
06-23-2020, 03:38 PM
First, they came for the confederate statues, and I did not speak out
Then, they came for the pancake mix brand, and I did not speak out

Blake
06-23-2020, 03:58 PM

Blake
06-23-2020, 04:00 PM

Do I really need to explain how Aunt Jemima is a made up character?

Jesus

CosmicCowboy
06-23-2020, 04:04 PM
damn. Does that mean Katy Perry's boobs are fictitious?

Blake
06-23-2020, 04:05 PM
damn. Does that mean Katy Perry's boobs are fictitious?

Huh?

David Hogg
06-23-2020, 04:19 PM
Do you go around thinking Tony Stark isn’t fictitious because Robert Downey Jr exists?

David Hogg
06-23-2020, 04:22 PM
:lmao CosmicCowboy thought Chris Gaines was a real musician that Garth Brooks discovered.

David Hogg
06-23-2020, 04:23 PM
CosmicCowboy got real confused when Beyonce made an album called I am Sasha Fierce.

David Hogg
06-23-2020, 04:24 PM
CosmicCowboy marvels at the identical twin rappers known as Eminem & Slim Shady.

CosmicCowboy
06-23-2020, 04:54 PM
you couldn't understand the Katy Perry reference? If Aunt Jemima was fictitious, Katy Perry is fictitious too.

CosmicCowboy
06-23-2020, 04:58 PM
And HogBoy is a fucking idiot.

Blake
06-23-2020, 05:18 PM
you couldn't understand the Katy Perry reference? If Aunt Jemima was fictitious, Katy Perry is fictitious too.

Lol wut? You actually need someone to explain this. Unbelievable even for you :lol

David Hogg
06-23-2020, 05:20 PM
And HogBoy is a fucking idiot.
Oh by the way, I’m not really David Hogg. Figured you might be confused.

Blake
06-23-2020, 05:30 PM

WELL THEN KATY PERRY ISN'T REAL EITHER

David Hogg
06-23-2020, 05:39 PM
HOW CAN MIRRORS BE REAL WHEN OUR EYES AREN’T REAL

SpursforSix
06-23-2020, 05:47 PM
This conversation got really bizarre.

Will Hunting
06-23-2020, 05:55 PM

CosmicCowboy
06-23-2020, 06:17 PM

Yeah according to cuck blake you are fictitious and dont exist.

CosmicCowboy
06-23-2020, 06:23 PM

By your definition. Kathryn Hudson is playing Katy Perry so Katy Perry is fictitious and doesnt exist, just like Aunt Jemima is fictitious and doesnt exist because Nancy Green played the part as a career.

David Hogg
06-23-2020, 06:27 PM
By your definition. Kathryn Hudson is playing Katy Perry so Katy Perry is fictitious and doesnt exist, just like Aunrt Jemima is fictitious and doesnt exist because Nancy Green played the part.
Are you really this retarded?

CosmicCowboy
06-23-2020, 06:33 PM
Are you really this retarded?

The subtlety of language seems to elude you and cuckblake. Using a stage name as a career is different than playing a part in a movie that lasts an hour and a half.

Blake
06-23-2020, 07:00 PM
This conversation got really bizarre.

What are you talking about? It's a naturally slippery slope to go from Aunt Jemima to Katy Perry's boobs

Spurtacular
06-23-2020, 07:04 PM
What are you talking about? It's a naturally slippery slope to go from Aunt Jemima to Katy Perry's boobs

Standup Cuck

Blake
06-23-2020, 07:12 PM
hurr durr

David Hogg
06-23-2020, 07:15 PM
The subtlety of language seems to elude you and cuckblake. Using a stage name as a career is different than playing a part in a movie that lasts an hour and a half.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/007/666/_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.jpg

Blake
06-23-2020, 07:15 PM

Katy Perry changed her name but there's only one superstar Katy Perry. Nobody else can step in and be Katy Perry.

The character of Aunt Jemima was created and they found several different ladies to play the part over the years.

It can't be dumbed down any further for you, boomer

David Hogg
06-23-2020, 07:17 PM

”We’re going to pay you to pretend to be Aunt Jemima”
”Use the name Perry instead of your real last name whenever you sing”

BOOBS DON’T EXIST NOW!

ducks
06-23-2020, 07:59 PM
They were. Cops just hadn't murdered enough black guys on video to get anything changed yet.

Hope that helped you understand.

See 2019 9 blacks unarmed by blacks
Not Tons

Nothing changed at all dumbass except now white man in office
Racist after black man got the boot out

ducks
06-23-2020, 08:03 PM
Oh 19 unarmed White folk got shot by cops in 2019

spurraider21
06-23-2020, 08:07 PM
Oh 19 unarmed White folk got shot by cops in 2019
all the more reason to clamp down on excessive force

Will Hunting
06-23-2020, 08:09 PM
all the more reason to clamp down on excessive force
Yep. No ones saying white people being gunned down by cops is OK, I don’t see why that’s a counter argument.

CosmicCowboy
06-23-2020, 08:29 PM

SpursforSix
06-23-2020, 08:41 PM

Right! Exactly like Aunt Jemima!
I get it now.

FrostKing
06-23-2020, 08:49 PM
Yep. No ones saying white people being gunned down by cops is OK, I don’t see why that’s a counter argument.
Almost all want to take steps against policy brutality. It is the race angle that is sidetracking the discussion

ChumpDumper
06-23-2020, 08:56 PM
Not Tons

Racist after black man got the boot out:lol did you even read what I posted?

clambake
06-23-2020, 08:59 PM
Not Tons

Racist after black man got the boot out
How did black guy get booted out and why aren’t you in that church?

clambake
06-23-2020, 09:01 PM
Ducks is in Arizona and he’s ducking the church

Says a lot

DMC
06-23-2020, 09:04 PM
Almost all want to take steps against policy brutality. It is the race angle that is sidetracking the discussion

There's a fundamental issue where the cops are becoming more militant. Part of that is because urban police basically are doing tours of duty for 20 years in what amounts to war torn Somalia-like conditions. They learn tactics to cope and mitigate, they pass those on to government agencies who use it for training material for local cops who, at most, arrest a DUI driver every other weekend. The result thus far has been front line style tactics with civilians since cops seem to be under orders to assume all persons are threats, and to neutralize them using as much force as that individual deems necessary. Based on the upbringing and disposition of some of the clowns that attend police academies, that leeway with use of force often results in brutality. In fact, if you want to bring out the asshole in someone, give them some power. Cops quite often became cops because they had no power in their regular lives, so they get some authority over common folks and they get tacti-cool suddenly, they are the high speed ones, you are the idiots, you must be subdued at all costs if you give them any legal reason.

In the past it seems some cops at least kept their cool until the situation escalated, now since many cops have no idea who they are policing - they don't know their own communities - every day is "stay alive at all costs" day. That video of that trooper getting shot because he hesitated, trusted, stood down too long.. that isn't going to be them. So they not only react more violently, they often seek reasons to do so. The Sr officers are usually the calm in the storm of testosterone when they are called to the scene. That's why you see them tell the jr officer "just let it go" many times, and for the citizen to have a nice day. The jr officer wanted nothing more than to keep ratcheting up the situation that, underneath it all, was pointless to begin with. This is why so many encounters lead to injury or death. Sure some is brought on by the perps, but in a war the POWs aren't that human.. cops can't treat people like POWs.

The entire police force nationwide acts as a fraternity, in that they close ranks when one of "theirs" is called out but that's not how the rest of city, state and federal employees act.

Blake
06-23-2020, 09:27 PM
There's a fundamental issue where the cops are becoming more militant. Part of that is because urban police basically are doing tours of duty for 20 years in what amounts to war torn Somalia-like conditions. They learn tactics to cope and mitigate, they pass those on to government agencies who use it for training material for local cops who, at most, arrest a DUI driver every other weekend. The result thus far has been front line style tactics with civilians since cops seem to be under orders to assume all persons are threats, and to neutralize them using as much force as that individual deems necessary. Based on the upbringing and disposition of some of the clowns that attend police academies, that leeway with use of force often results in brutality. In fact, if you want to bring out the asshole in someone, give them some power. Cops quite often became cops because they had no power in their regular lives, so they get some authority over common folks and they get tacti-cool suddenly, they are the high speed ones, you are the idiots, you must be subdued at all costs if you give them any legal reason.

In the past it seems some cops at least kept their cool until the situation escalated, now since many cops have no idea who they are policing - they don't know their own communities - every day is "stay alive at all costs" day. That video of that trooper getting shot because he hesitated, trusted, stood down too long.. that isn't going to be them. So they not only react more violently, they often seek reasons to do so. The Sr officers are usually the calm in the storm of testosterone when they are called to the scene. That's why you see them tell the jr officer "just let it go" many times, and for the citizen to have a nice day. The jr officer wanted nothing more than to keep ratcheting up the situation that, underneath it all, was pointless to begin with. This is why so many encounters lead to injury or death. Sure some is brought on by the perps, but in a war the POWs aren't that human.. cops can't treat people like POWs.

The entire police force nationwide acts as a fraternity, in that they close ranks when one of "theirs" is called out but that's not how the rest of city, state and federal employees act.

That's quite the rambling narrative

FrostKing
06-24-2020, 12:58 AM

I fully agree with your assessment. I think American society as a whole has become militant. The music and video games shape at young age.

Your point about the Cops no longer representing their own neighborhoods is a big reason to me why I am against privatizing