PDA

View Full Version : By October Trumo will have 60 million unused doses of hydrocholoquine and 200 thousand carcasses in bodybags

hater
06-18-2020, 04:05 PM
Succesful presidency? :lmao

Poor old orange bastard if he somehow end up winning it would be the biggest upset in history yes even bigger than Shillarys gutless loss

White house used model now calls 200k dead by October

baseline bum
06-18-2020, 04:17 PM
Succesful presidency? :lmao

Poor old orange bastard if he somehow end up winning it would be the biggest upset in history yes even bigger than Shillarys gutless loss

White house used model now calls 200k dead by October

Wonder if 200k by October will end up looking by 60k by August did?

hater
06-18-2020, 04:32 PM

Do you think theres any chance our hospital system would collapse this fall?

If that happens then all bets are off

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 04:44 PM
I’m buying the theory that the virus is less deadly now than it was 2 months ago and deaths will gradually decline even when cases increase. Don’t think it’ll be on time enough to save DJTs presidency, but I think it’ll be what saves us from a pandemic that kills millions of Americans.

baseline bum
06-18-2020, 04:57 PM

Shit I don't know, these kind of projections to make this far out are fucking impossible. It was crystal clear what was going to happen in March when ducks was saying it's only 50 dead but making a projection right now when we don't know how seasonal it is, how the virus has mutated, the chance we might have a decent vaccine for healthcare workers by that time (not getting my hopes up for the Oxford vaccine yet but not writing it off either), etc? Might as well ask what the lottery numbers are this week.

baseline bum
06-18-2020, 04:59 PM
I’m buying the theory that the virus is less deadly now than it was 2 months ago and deaths will gradually decline even when cases increase. Don’t think it’ll be on time enough to save DJTs presidency, but I think it’ll be what saves us from a pandemic that kills millions of Americans.

Would be nice if that's the case. Probably won't really understand what's happening until the pandemic is over though.

RandomGuy
06-18-2020, 04:59 PM

Really don't know. We halted the spread and a lot of people are still doing the things to limit the spread, even now.

Don't think it is any less deadly, just less likely to spread outside of Dumb clusters.

Just interested to see what happens in a month or two.

Trump is going to be hosting superspreading rally after rally, all over the country. At some point, he will decide he knows better than scientists, and let his guard down. I will be surprised if he doesn't get it. Given his age and health, I wonder what the idiots will do if he is hooked up on a respirator to save his dumb ass. I will do a dance at his misery.

CosmicCowboy
06-18-2020, 07:07 PM
That's actually my hope that he Corona19s right out of the 2020 election. Running out of time, though.

vy65
06-18-2020, 07:09 PM

I've posted some on this, but I'm not sure what to make of it. I've seen reports from Italy and Pennsylvania saying as much, but for a virus to mutate into a less deadly strain in under 6 months seems far-fetched to me for some reason.

pgardn
06-18-2020, 07:14 PM
Shit I don't know, these kind of projections to make this far out are fucking impossible. It was crystal clear what was going to happen in March when ducks was saying it's only 50 dead but making a projection right now when we don't know how seasonal it is, how the virus has mutated, the chance we might have a decent vaccine for healthcare workers by that time (not getting my hopes up for the Oxford vaccine yet but not writing it off either), etc? Might as well ask what the lottery numbers are this week.

Im going to make a guess that it will not mutate significantly.
That is, the coding regions for proteins will not actually change the shape of the proteins that are critical for infection.

Winehole23
06-18-2020, 07:18 PM
We already surpassed the WWI tally of dead, most of them died from disease too.

Will Hunting
06-18-2020, 07:31 PM
I've posted some on this, but I'm not sure what to make of it. I've seen reports from Italy and Pennsylvania saying as much, but for a virus to mutate into a less deadly strain in under 6 months seems far-fetched to me for some reason.
I buy it only because in my (non scientific) opinion, it makes logical sense that a virus might mutate more rapidly with a new carrier (humans). It also makes sense that less deadly strands of the virus are spreading while the deadlier strands are more contained.

Blake
06-18-2020, 07:49 PM

In Texas with Abbott in charge and at this rate, it's possible.

TimDunkem
06-18-2020, 08:02 PM
In Texas with Abbott in charge and at this rate, it's possible.
Officials in the SA briefing today basically said at this rate it will. "We're treading water" is what I heard.

The strain is also exacerbated because they may have beds but not enough personnel to staff them all.

hater
06-19-2020, 08:29 AM
Officials in the SA briefing today basically said at this rate it will. "We're treading water" is what I heard.

The strain is also exacerbated because they may have beds but not enough personnel to staff them all.

Mmm

If system collapses we will have bodies lying on the streets. I cant imagine that happening here tbqh

But I also never imagined 200k dead

pgardn
06-19-2020, 08:38 AM
Mmm

If system collapses we will have bodies lying on the streets. I cant imagine that happening here tbqh

I guessed 250k was high when over a million was first projected in the US.
By the time we reach Feb 2021 I could be “dead wrong”

baseline bum
06-19-2020, 08:39 AM
Mmm

Why would you not imagine shit happening in our banana republic?

pgardn
06-19-2020, 08:44 AM
~600,000 die per year from cancer.

So Trumpets got a fall back, this virus is nothing.
All Trump has to do is issue a statement stating that cancer can be passed from person to person thru contact. He could base this on a few cancers that are associated with viruses and bingo...

boutons_deux
06-19-2020, 08:47 AM

7% mortality rate, and cases keep increasing

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&casesMetric=true&dailyFreq=true&perCapita=true&smoothing=7&country=~USA

clambake
06-19-2020, 08:48 AM
~600,000 die per year from cancer.

So Trumpets got a fall back, this virus is nothing.
All Trump has to do is issue a statement stating that cancer can be passed from person to person thru contact. He could base this on a few cancers that are associated with viruses and bingo...
Trump said that windmills cause cancer.

pgardn
06-19-2020, 09:09 AM
Trump said that windmills cause cancer.

Okay then.

Im not over reaching what this dumbass can cook up.

TimDunkem
06-19-2020, 09:36 AM

Tbh, I wouldn't be so sure. If deaths lag by roughly a month then we're seeing the deaths from the low infection rates in early May coming off from peak social distancing in late April when we had less than 20k infections per day.

Considering we're reaching 30k infections per day again, I think by late July is when we'll see this thing kick back into gear then August could be a concern coming off of 4th of July.

Will Hunting
06-19-2020, 09:58 AM
Tbh, I wouldn't be so sure. If deaths lag by roughly a month then we're seeing the deaths from the low infection rates in early May coming off from peak social distancing in late April when we had less than 20k infections per day.

Considering we're reaching 30k infections per day again, I think by late July is when we'll see this thing kick back into gear then August could be a concern coming off of 4th of July.
You could very well be right, and if you are we’re really fucked :lol

We can’t afford for the economy to go into another complete shutdown either way imo, if a state like Florida has to reverse course and shut down again, we’re going to see unprecedented levels of financial market volatility and chaos. If a bunch of boomers die off then so be it, next time they should vote for a president who takes public health crises seriously.

The one thing that I think is clear is that the increase in cases in states like Florida isn’t solely due to “more testing!” New York/New Jersey/Massachusetts all have more testing too, and their cases are declining. The states where cases are increasing are the states that haven’t taken this seriously.

boutons_deux
06-19-2020, 10:01 AM
We already surpassed the WWI tally of dead, most of them died from disease too.

Military historian Trash said WWI ended because so many people died, yet another insult to the winning armies.

TimDunkem
06-19-2020, 10:35 AM

We can’t afford for the economy to go into another complete shutdown either way imo, if a state like Florida has to reverse course and shut down again, we’re going to see unprecedented levels of financial market volatility and chaos. If a bunch of boomers die off then so be it, next time they should vote for a president who takes public health crises seriously.

The one thing that I think is clear is that the increase in cases in states like Florida isn’t solely due to “more testing!” New York/New Jersey/Massachusetts all have more testing too, and their cases are declining. The states where cases are increasing are the states that haven’t taken this seriously.

The worst thing is that dumbfuck Trump is only exacerbating the anti-science movement in the US. US citizens didn't need Trump to ignore science, but he certainly is making it much worse.

Then you still have Trump slurpers like Abbott parroting the "it's just increased testing and backlogs" when that's an obvious lie. Nearly 10 percent of tests everyday are starting to come back positive here in SA alone which is doubling from the past few months in less than a week. SA had more infections yesterday than Dallas and Houston.

Dirks_Finale
06-19-2020, 10:37 AM
Could it be weaker in the warmer climate? I think it's possible. It's also a matter of doctors making better decisions. They now understand not to position patients on their backs during hospitalization as it is more of a strain on the body to fight for oxygen in that position. And they know that 80% of folks on vents never come off, so they are less likely to go that route unless they are absolutely certain it's a necessity. Also, Remdesivir is out there and the low dose steroid is being used in the UK with success.

I buy it only because in my (non scientific) opinion, it makes logical sense that a virus might mutate more rapidly with a new carrier (humans). It also makes sense that less deadly strands of the virus are spreading while the deadlier strands are more contained.

TimDunkem
06-19-2020, 10:41 AM
Could it be weaker in the warmer climate? I think it's possible. It's also a matter of doctors making better decisions. They now understand not to position patients on their backs during hospitalization as it is more of a strain on the body to fight for oxygen in that position. And they know that 80% of folks on vents never come off, so they are less likely to go that route unless they are absolutely certain it's a necessity. Also, Remdesivir is out there and the low dose steroid is being used in the UK with success.

That and your immune system is generally stronger in warmer months, but as I said, we're probably in a trough with deaths due to the lag of low infections in early May coming off of peak social distancing.

If anything, it's possibly less deadly in warmer months as it's less likely your immune system freaks out, but it's still just as INFECTIOUS. Also, yes, the fact we know a lot more about treating the worst patients certainly helps a lot.

Still, wait until late July to see where we were now, and August coming off of 4th of July...Then get ready for fall and winter when Flu comes back strong.

Dirks_Finale
06-19-2020, 10:57 AM
That and your immune system is generally stronger in warmer months, but as I said, we're probably in a trough with deaths due to the lag of low infections in early May coming off of peak social distancing.

If anything, it's possibly less deadly in warmer months as it's less likely your immune system freaks out, but it's still just as INFECTIOUS. Also, yes, the fact we know a lot more about treating the worst patients certainly helps a lot.

Still, wait until late July to see where we were now, and August coming off of 4th of July...Then get ready for fall and winter when Flu comes back strong.

That's the part that is very interesting to me as we've been told that would not be the case in the warmer months. That the virus supposedly rapidly disappates in sunlight and/or humid settings, like Influenza.

And yeah, I think it's a combination of these things. Another issue to consider is viral load which was never really a thing with past viruses but seems to be with this one. The healthcare professionals with high viral load were perishing from the virus early on. The less exposure the better the outcome, even if you are already infected. I think a lot of people get that now and are distancing themselves from their loved ones once they realize they have it.

TimDunkem
06-19-2020, 11:03 AM
Certainly is a weird virus. The one thing I do hold out hope for is that we're going to learn a hell of a lot when all is said and done.

Sadly, I still think we're going to lose a lot more until it's over.

pgardn
06-19-2020, 11:09 AM
That's the part that is very interesting to me as we've been told that would not be the case in the warmer months. That the virus supposedly rapidly disappates in sunlight and/or humid settings, like Influenza.

And yeah, I think it's a combination of these things. Another issue to consider is viral load which was never really a thing with past viruses but seems to be with this one. The healthcare professionals with high viral load were perishing from the virus early on. The less exposure the better the outcome, even if you are already infected. I think a lot of people get that now and are distancing themselves from their loved ones once they realize they have it.

I would feel comfortable in saying UV definitely helps for outdoors; should not be as worrisome on surfaces. you still don’t want to get anybody’s face.
some of the worst outbreaks are inside loud voices people singing right next to each other.
or of course inside hospitals that are treating people.

rogcl1
06-19-2020, 02:56 PM

Alright dude ,climb down off of your all knowing pedestal and quit stereotyping and making statements that sound like Trump himself and his blind minions.. "If a bunch of boomers die off then so be it,(Wow asshole) next time they should vote for a president who takes public health crisis seriously. " I am 67 years old and didn't vote for Trump nor did the overwhelming majority of my "boomer" friends. If you have beliefs like that you are just as big a threat as the other idiots. kiss my ass fool.

TimDunkem
06-19-2020, 03:01 PM
Alright dude ,climb down off of your all knowing pedestal and quit stereotyping and making statements that sound like Trump himself and his blind minions.. "If a bunch of boomers die off then so be it,(Wow asshole) next time they should vote for a president who takes public health crisis seriously. " I am 67 years old and didn't vote for Trump nor did the overwhelming majority of my "boomer" friends. If you have beliefs like that you are just as big a threat as the other idiots. kiss my ass fool.
Congrats. You and your friends are in the boomer minority.

rogcl1
06-19-2020, 03:23 PM
Congrats. You and your friends are in the boomer minority.

The "let the old people die off thing really is a sensitive area for me. i take care of my parents in their mid 90's and I myself am no spring chicken and I have had spirited discussions with others , not just young folk, about their idea of the old people having lived their life so what if they die off. This discussion has come when they are espousing their views that they will not wear a mask or social distance ,because it infringes on their freedom. As for the voting, those of my friends in my former profession and mostly more educated have mostly all always despised Trump. I have found lately though that some of those outside that set of circumstances have cooled greatly on Trump. It is not old vs young, economy vs health or anything like that. The economy will flourish when its is safe for all to get out as before. In the meantime there are things that can be done to make things as safe as possible for ALL, such as masks, social distancing, avoiding tight closed in areas ect. The whole world is working on this and science will figure it out if the virus itself doesn't dissapate. And in the meantime we all owe it to everyone , young and old and in between, to take the precautions that are known to slow the spread of the virus.

TSA
06-19-2020, 03:42 PM

It can still be true that the virus dissipates in sunlight/warm weather and we still see cases spread as it's too hot to do anything outdoors and people stay inside together with the AC on.

daslicer
06-19-2020, 03:49 PM

The vibe I get it is from politicians on both sides that there will not be another shutdown. They are going to pretty much risk people dying to stop an economic meltdown. I feel we could still have a meltdown even with that terrible strategy due to crashing the healthcare system which will have a domino effect on other industries.

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 03:56 PM
or just keep fingers cross that a vaccine is developed and mass produced relatively soon

and make sure TGY isn't allowed to buy food at the market until he gets the vaccine and is microchipped to prove it

but only him

rogcl1
06-19-2020, 04:02 PM
The vibe I get it is from politicians on both sides that there will not be another shutdown. They are going to pretty much risk people dying to stop an economic meltdown. I feel we could still have a meltdown even with that terrible strategy due to crashing the healthcare system which will have a domino effect on other industries.

Yes. What you say makes great sense. Neither forced opening or forced shutdown is the whole answer. People's confidence and health will determine the level of opening or shutdown. That is why it is so imperative to do those things that we can and are known to slow the spread in the meantime ,otherwise the economic crash and hardship on the healthcare system could be devastating. Forced opening with people crying about their rights and not wearing masks or distancing and hanging out in tight indoor settings is what could make for a difficult situation .

Dirks_Finale
06-19-2020, 04:08 PM
Yeah, it seems to be peaking in the miserably hot states like TX and AZ so that makes sense.

It can still be true that the virus dissipates in sunlight/warm weather and we still see cases spread as it's too hot to do anything outdoors and people stay inside together with the AC on.

Dirks_Finale
06-19-2020, 04:12 PM
Do you trust a vaccine that has been hurried through? Say we get mass produced and ready in Dec... Will you receive it?

or just keep fingers cross that a vaccine is developed and mass produced relatively soon

and make sure TGY isn't allowed to buy food at the market until he gets the vaccine and is microchipped to prove it

but only him

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 04:42 PM
Do you trust a vaccine that has been hurried through? Say we get mass produced and ready in Dec... Will you receive it?
if it's gone through the appropriate clinical trials, then yes.

Will Hunting
06-19-2020, 10:49 PM
OK boomer