PDA

View Full Version : the West needs Religion

FrostKing
06-19-2020, 01:59 PM
People need something to believe in that distinguishes them from others, makes them righteous and others immoral or evil

In the absence of belief in God, people are rushing to worship the state in whatever form is most palatable to them at an alarming rate. Politicians are the new priests, revolutionaries are the martyrs, and convert or be shunned is the new normal.

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 02:07 PM
i disagree

i think people can learn good things from religion, but i dont think religion is necessary to learn those good things. religions also have bad teachings that in modern times we choose to ignore. the fact that we already know which parts are good and which parts are bad are already indicative that we have our own moral compass outside of religion. i recognize that the stories might help people internalize the messages and teachings, but that still doesnt mean we should be believing that those stories are accurate representations of history or science, which is the basis of religion, the belief/fatih

i dont think people who aren't religious default to "worshipping the state" either. in fact, a lot of religious people are the ones who place politicians on a pedestal. theres even a poster of this forum who thinks trump's election was the fulfillment of a biblical prophecy.

pgardn
06-19-2020, 02:26 PM
People need something to believe in that distinguishes them from others, makes them righteous and others immoral or evil

In the absence of belief in God, people are rushing to worship the state in whatever form is most palatable to them at an alarming rate. Politicians are the new priests, revolutionaries are the martyrs, and convert or be shunned is the new normal.

Yes indeed.

And the kind that preaches the color of your black skin makes one inferior.

Leetonidas
06-19-2020, 02:28 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Dirks_Finale
06-19-2020, 02:46 PM
Some sort of moral compass would be appropriate for these folks. When everything is relative to you and you don't actually stand for anything you are more apt to fall for anything.

Chris
06-19-2020, 03:03 PM
https://twitter.com/prageru/status/1273828099847847936?s=19

boutons_deux
06-19-2020, 03:08 PM
'Well, that was some weird shit”

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/news-opinion/hillary-clinton-reveals-george-w-bushs-reaction-to-trumps-inaugural-speech (https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/news-opinion/hillary-clinton-reveals-george-w-bushs-reaction-to-trumps-inaugural-speech)

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 03:08 PM
at what point was god and religion removed from public life?

https://i.gyazo.com/f09c9f589821ee317b8130a9e2f2f3c1.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/10/17/facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/

Millennial_Messiah
06-19-2020, 03:13 PM
So go convert to islam then... it's the most religious religion in the world

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 03:16 PM
we know, independent from the bible, that the bible is immoral as it relates to slavery. we came to that conclusion because we have our own moral compasses, as individuals or as a society.

Dirks_Finale
06-19-2020, 03:25 PM
Slavery still exists, just to a more palatable extent. You are a slave to your employer who calls the shots.

we know, independent from the bible, that the bible is immoral as it relates to slavery. we came to that conclusion because we have our own moral compasses, as individuals or as a society.

pgardn
06-19-2020, 03:27 PM

Can you indicate this time frame?
When God and religion were removed from public life and your ending time frame.
I suggest you make the ending time frame today as covid isolation has broken up a lot of relationships, its tough not getting time away from others.
Just helping you fit it in so it works and you can scour for the internet for the correct time frame to fit your tweeted fact.

ElNono
06-19-2020, 03:28 PM
Religion largely gaslights everything it touches, tbh.... War is terrible as it is, war + religion is like adding more gas to the flames. Politics is bad as it is, politics + religion is a fucking backwards nightmare. Rinse and repeat.

No thanks, feel free to keep religion personal to yourself.

pgardn
06-19-2020, 03:30 PM

Actually the New Testament definitely gave some people pause from accepting what they were doing.
But it did not stop the majority.

One can usually get out of the moral compass impasse by declaring we are all sinners, its a very popular rationale.

phxspurfan
06-19-2020, 03:39 PM

Hail Constantine the Holy King!

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 03:39 PM
Actually the New Testament definitely gave some people pause from accepting what they were doing.
But it did not stop the majority.

One can usually get out of the moral compass impasse by declaring we are all sinners, its a very popular rationale.
new testament didnt disavow slavery

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 03:40 PM
Slavery still exists, just to a more palatable extent. You are a slave to your employer who calls the shots.
do you know what slavery is?

koriwhat
06-19-2020, 03:49 PM
God bless the USA!

Dirks_Finale
do you know what slavery is?

Yes and it will always exist, unfortunately. At least now you can walk away and find another slave driver employer to replace the previous one in order to sustain on this planet.

Millennial_Messiah
that's ignorant. You can always quit, and there are safety nets like food pantries to help bridge the gap until you get a new job or make money doing something else.

slavery is FORCED labor, nobody is forcing you to work for an employer, they are paying you, but you have the right to terminate employment (and not receive pay).

the one caveat is that state unemployment benefits are extremely hard to get (at least in Texas).

Dirks_Finale
06-19-2020, 03:52 PM
Yeah, if you are a common joe with a $2500 mortgage, no food pantry in America will bridge that gap for you. Your employer tells you to stand on your head and make quacking noises you will do it :lol

that's ignorant. You can always quit, and there are safety nets like food pantries to help bridge the gap until you get a new job or make money doing something else.

slavery is FORCED labor, nobody is forcing you to work for an employer, they are paying you, but you have the right to terminate employment (and not receive pay).

the one caveat is that state unemployment benefits are extremely hard to get (at least in Texas).

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 03:53 PM
Yes and it will exist, unfortunately. At least now you can walk away and find another slave driver employer to replace the previous one in order to sustain on this planet.
how do you define slavery?

Dirks_Finale
06-19-2020, 04:04 PM
There are varying degrees to almost everything. We live in a world full of gray area, not black or white.

how do you define slavery?

phxspurfan
06-19-2020, 04:07 PM
'Well, that was some weird shit”

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/news-opinion/hillary-clinton-reveals-george-w-bushs-reaction-to-trumps-inaugural-speech (https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/news-opinion/hillary-clinton-reveals-george-w-bushs-reaction-to-trumps-inaugural-speech)

Just rewatched the whole thing. Definitely been the same message since, with regard to an awful dystopia we were living in (offshored jobs, gangs of Mexican immigrants, Islamic terrorists) and how he will save all of us via God. Reminds me of Brexit, + the born again Christian, God is American angle. And how DC was evil and took everything from the workers. I guess past presidents up there didn't like that :lol

sRBsJNdK1t0

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 04:26 PM
There are varying degrees to almost everything. We live in a world full of gray area, not black or white.
great

so how do you define slavery?

Dirks_Finale
06-19-2020, 04:28 PM
ANY form of bondage. Credit card debt is slavery. Again, to a lesser degree.

great

Spurs Homer
06-19-2020, 04:32 PM
The planet and this country are in deep shit

and we got here with religion being one of the biggest reasons for this shit-state

and you want MORE of the shit that brought us here?

hahahahahahaha!

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 04:43 PM
ANY form of bondage. Credit card debt is slavery. Again, to a lesser degree.
if you are going to intentionally water down the definition of slavery to that, then sure.

but thats not the slavery i was talking about, which is owning people as property without their consent

Chucho
06-19-2020, 04:44 PM
Dirky is taking a TGY-esque nose dive right now...

Dirks_Finale
06-19-2020, 05:24 PM
Wrong.

Dirky is taking a TGY-esque nose dive right now...

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2020, 05:26 PM

God bless the USA!

PragerU won't say that his own tribe is responsible for the decline of religion and teaching evolution in public school. It is his own tribe afterall that controls Hollywood and Academia.

amirite FrostKing?

Fun fact: Most Jews don't even believe in God. And the very top of the elite (mostly Jews) are Satanists. The few Jews that are religious are Zionists and Jewish supremacists.

TheGreatYacht
06-19-2020, 05:31 PM
The Jews wrote the damn bible to divide and conquer the Goyim. To brainwash and control. Jewish supremacists are following Revelation like a playbook.

QAnon and the Bible have convinced the sheeple to do NOTHING to stop the One World Government and our enslavement.

QAnon and the Bible have convinced the sheeple to "trust the plan." To go along with the New World Order. Idiots.

Millennial_Messiah
06-19-2020, 06:20 PM
great

idk, but the idea that an employer "forcing" an employee to go to work and make money is slavery is ridiculous

also, nobody, no government or slave master "forced" the guy to take out the $2500 mortgage. sometimes you just win or lose in life. It's capitalism, not slavery if things go wrong

Blake
06-19-2020, 07:50 PM
PragerU won't say that his own tribe is responsible for the decline of religion and teaching evolution in public school. It is his own tribe afterall that controls Hollywood and Academia.

amirite FrostKing?

Fun fact: Most Jews don't even believe in God. And the very top of the elite (mostly Jews) are Satanists. The few Jews that are religious are Zionists and Jewish supremacists.

Lol "fun fact "

Blake
06-19-2020, 07:52 PM
The Jews wrote the damn bible to divide and conquer the Goyim. To brainwash and control. Jewish supremacists are following Revelation like a playbook.

QAnon and the Bible have convinced the sheeple to do NOTHING to stop the One World Government and our enslavement.

QAnon and the Bible have convinced the sheeple to "trust the plan." To go along with the New World Order. Idiots.

You're so totally woke

Spurtacular
06-19-2020, 08:34 PM
if you are going to intentionally water down the definition of slavery to that, then sure.

but thats not the slavery i was talking about, which is owning people as property without their consent

I don't think he's watering it down. He noted to a lesser degree. While people do have a relative amount of freedom, the
institutions are designed to tether people. The chains are longer and more flexible and comfortable; but they're there.

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 09:14 PM
I don't think he's watering it down. He noted to a lesser degree. While people do have a relative amount of freedom, the
institutions are designed to tether people. The chains are longer and more flexible and comfortable; but they're there.
of course it's watering it down. "slavery" has a very clear definition. in the context of US history we have a very clear understanding of what people mean by slavery. similarly, in the context of the bible there is a clear understanding of what slavery is.

taking what slavery is known to mean in those circumstances and generalizing it to the point that it applies to any employee is watering it down

pgardn
06-19-2020, 09:28 PM
new testament didnt disavow slavery

uhhhh, what would Jesus say?

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 09:33 PM
uhhhh, what would Jesus say?
he told slaves that they should obey their masters, and not only to the good and gentle masters, but also the unjust

pgardn
06-19-2020, 09:36 PM
he told slaves that they should obey their masters, and not only to the good and gentle masters, but also the unjust

he did more using analogies between God and man.
But yeah, its not to good.
He restored the ear of a slave and told the laborers they would rest when he finished his duties.
Altogether unclear per usual.

Fair enough.

Im not a guy who is good with the bible.
Strange Chris is worse though.

It does not fit with the judeo-christian idea of the equity in rights of men.
But if slaves are not men then ....

spurraider21
06-19-2020, 10:06 PM
he did more using analogies between God and man.
But yeah, its not to good.
He restored the ear of a slave and told the laborers they would rest when he finished his duties.
Altogether unclear per usual.

Fair enough.
he restored the ear of a slave/servant. didnt restore his freedom, though.

Im not a guy who is good with the bible.
Strange Chris is worse though.

It does not fit with the judeo-christian idea of the equity in rights of men.
But if slaves are not men then ....
then maybe it's not a judeo-christian idea

the judeo-christian theology specifically has a "chosen people" of god. the bible has different rules for hebrew slaves and non-hebrew slaves. how on earth is that equality in rights of men?

Will Hunting
06-19-2020, 10:51 PM

Yes, we should be more like Africa and the Middle East, where religion dominates all aspects of life.

TheGreatYacht
06-20-2020, 08:30 AM
idk, but the idea that an employer "forcing" an employee to go to work and make money is slavery is ridiculous

also, nobody, no government or slave master "forced" the guy to take out the $2500 mortgage. sometimes you just win or lose in life. It's capitalism, not slavery if things go wrong

Spurtacular, the elites have done an excellent job of convincing Millennial_Messiah that he is a free man and not a slave :lol

If one has to work 8 hours to survive and pay bills then you are a fucking slave. There is no sugarcoating that. Even rich people and millionaires have to work to maintain their luxuries. The only ones who are not slaves is our own freemason slavemasters who control Hollywood, banks, education and COUNTRIES. The top 1%.

If I stop working cuz I don't like my job I can only do that for so long before I start getting behind on bills and eventually government taking away my home for not paying property taxes. And after I get a new job it will probably be another shitty job that will only keep me happy for a year or two. Like 90+% of people hate their jobs. Even if we hate our jobs, we are forced to work to survive. That is how the system is designed to enslave us.

We became slaves the moment we were born and assigned a birth number or social security #. If you can't see this then you're just a brainwashed idiot who has been convinced into thinking he's not a slave :lol

I dare you to watch this video, dissect in detail and change my mind :lol

https://youtu.be/9_YMxx095As

koriwhat
06-20-2020, 01:14 PM

amirite FrostKing?

Fun fact why do you continually try to pin me as a jew or somehow I'm beholden to that community? You come off as such a fucking lowIQ retard by doing so.

Guess how many times I've been to a synagogue? 0
Guess how many jews are in my family? 0
Guess how much Hebrew I know? 2 words lol
Guess how much of the Torah or whatever it is that I know of? 0

Guess how big of a dipshit you truly are TheGreatTwat? Numero uno dipshit!

Millennial_Messiah
06-20-2020, 01:35 PM
Spurtacular (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49615), the elites have done an excellent job of convincing Millennial_Messiah that he is a free man and not a slave :lol

If one has to work 8 hours to survive and pay bills then you are a fucking slave.

Bogus logic. In a capitalist society, you work or innovate (e.g. have a business or invent and sell something) to make money and feed yourself and put a roof over your head, and those who may depend on you. However, you get to choose what direction in life to go, where to apply for work and what occupation to have.

In a communist country, the government uses their algorithms or simple supply/demand logic to place you in a position to work so you can feed yourself and keep the roof over your head. The government, not you, owns "your" land, your food, and essentially you; you are simply renting a spot in the country's planned economy; you are nothing but a number, a cog in a system. There is no room for opportunity, upward growth, or financial independence. You're simply a resource to the government; a sim.

Spurtacular
06-20-2020, 05:01 PM
Spurtacular (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49615), the elites have done an excellent job of convincing Millennial_Messiah that he is a free man and not a slave :lol

If one has to work 8 hours to survive and pay bills then you are a fucking slave. There is no sugarcoating that. Even rich people and millionaires have to work to maintain their luxuries. The only ones who are not slaves is our own freemason slavemasters who control Hollywood, banks, education and COUNTRIES. The top 1%.

If I stop working cuz I don't like my job I can only do that for so long before I start getting behind on bills and eventually government taking away my home for not paying property taxes. And after I get a new job it will probably be another shitty job that will only keep me happy for a year or two. Like 90+% of people hate their jobs. Even if we hate our jobs, we are forced to work to survive. That is how the system is designed to enslave us.

We became slaves the moment we were born and assigned a birth number or social security #. If you can't see this then you're just a brainwashed idiot who has been convinced into thinking he's not a slave :lol

I think working to survive is a human condition. But taking 30 or 40 years to pay for a house instead of a much more reasonable time frame? That's by design.
Govt. propaganda tells us the GI Bill opened up house ownership when in fact that is how people were living all along.

Blake
06-20-2020, 05:19 PM
Spurtacular, the elites have done an excellent job of convincing Millennial_Messiah that he is a free man and not a slave :lol

Lol whining about having to work to survive.

I guess you could join a tree hugging commune somewhere and grow crops but you're way too much of a wuss to do that. You'd rather whine after watching a YouTube before a long night of fortnight

TheGreatYacht
06-20-2020, 06:14 PM
Fun fact why do you continually try to pin me as a jew or somehow I'm beholden to that community? You come off as such a fucking lowIQ retard by doing so.

Guess how many times I've been to a synagogue? 0
Guess how many jews are in my family? 0
Guess how much Hebrew I know? 2 words lol
Guess how much of the Torah or whatever it is that I know of? 0

Guess how big of a dipshit you truly are TheGreatTwat? Numero uno dipshit!

You have Jewish blood running through your veins. Are you Ashkenazi? Your hatred for muslims is well embedded in your DNA.

TheGreatYacht
06-20-2020, 06:17 PM
Lol whining about having to work to survive.

I guess you could join a tree hugging commune somewhere and grow crops but you're way too much of a wuss to do that. You'd rather whine after watching a YouTube before a long night of fortnight

^^^ pretends to love his job :lol

Blake
06-20-2020, 08:20 PM
^^^ pretends to love his job :lol

I never talked about my job. Your problem is that you make shit up like that and peddle it as truth.

You're also a gullible fool the believes every conspiracy YouTube he comes across.

ChumpHumper
06-20-2020, 08:50 PM
I never talked about my job. Your problem is that you make shit up like that and peddle it as truth.

You're also a gullible fool the believes every conspiracy YouTube he comes across.

The main thing is that you have a job or welfare check, little buddy.

koriwhat
06-21-2020, 04:42 AM
You have Jewish blood running through your veins. Are you Ashkenazi? Your hatred for muslims is well embedded in your DNA.

Lmfao you try way too hard to be WOKE. You're nothing but a goon.

Will Hunting
06-21-2020, 09:55 AM
I’m full blooded Ashkenazi Jew. Does that make me the devil?

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2020, 10:02 AM

Nah, you're good bruh. I know that you're agaisnt Zionism and the evil doings of Bibi Netanyahu. People like koriwhat are the types that get excitement out of watching IDF soldiers shooting Palestenian children and limbs.

Will Hunting
06-21-2020, 10:14 AM
Nah, you're good bruh. I know that you're agaisnt Zionism and the evil doings of Bibi Netanyahu. People like koriwhat (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=10674) are the types that get excitement out of watching IDF soldiers shooting Palestenian children and limbs.
Well we agree there, Netanyahu is pure unadulterated evil.

ElNono
06-21-2020, 04:07 PM
Well we agree there, Netanyahu is pure unadulterated evil.

FrostKing
06-21-2020, 07:20 PM
:lol

European-Jews tend to be more idealistic & ruthless than Israelis

Will Hunting
06-21-2020, 07:24 PM
:lol

European-Jews tend to be more idealistic & ruthless than Israelis
Ashkenazi Jews are definitely smarter than Israeli Jews, not sure about more ruthless. Israeli takes a piss on basic human rights every day the way Palestinians are treated.

FrostKing
06-21-2020, 07:48 PM
Ashkenazi Jews are definitely smarter than Israeli Jews, not sure about more ruthless. Israeli takes a piss on basic human rights every day the way Palestinians are treated.
Agreed. On the other hand Israeli's are mostly preoccupied with geo-political issues. Western-Jews have the IQ, education and tools to create an avalanche. They weren't booted out of Europe for violent behavior.

FrostKing
06-21-2020, 08:04 PM
i disagree

i think people can learn good things from religion, but i dont think religion is necessary to learn those good things. religions also have bad teachings that in modern times we choose to ignore. the fact that we already know which parts are good and which parts are bad are already indicative that we have our own moral compass outside of religion. i recognize that the stories might help people internalize the messages and teachings, but that still doesnt mean we should be believing that those stories are accurate representations of history or science, which is the basis of religion, the belief/fatih

i dont think people who aren't religious default to "worshipping the state" either. in fact, a lot of religious people are the ones who place politicians on a pedestal. theres even a poster of this forum who thinks trump's election was the fulfillment of a biblical prophecy.
There are many Pros beyond political party lines. For example Religion tends to be multi-racial and cross national flags.

To me the biggest problem in the West is nuclear family. I think this is attacked from many social & even now cultural directions. The main reason we see increase in drug/alcohol use and suicide rate. Overall deteriorates the nation from within. Family to me is foremost even above race, flag, holy land.

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2020, 08:26 PM
There are many Pros beyond political party lines. For example Religion tends to be multi-racial and cross national flags.

To me the biggest problem in the West is nuclear family. I think this is attacked from many social & even now cultural directions. The main reason we see increase in drug/alcohol use. Overall deteriorates the nation from within. Family to me is foremost even above race, flag, holy land.

The Zionists and Jewish supremacists who control our government want government raised children who will be indoctrinated by our educational system and entertainment industry all ran by Jews.

What a is the end result? Well you already know the answer.

https://i.ibb.co/N6jSjQr/IMG-20191205-WA0018.jpg

Chumpettes :lol

Spurtacular

FrostKing
06-21-2020, 08:35 PM
wrong thread

BSfromTX
06-21-2020, 11:09 PM

To me the biggest problem in the West is nuclear family. I think this is attacked from many social & even now cultural directions. The main reason we see increase in drug/alcohol use and suicide rate. Overall deteriorates the nation from within. Family to me is foremost even above race, flag, and holy land.

Well said.

koriwhat
06-21-2020, 11:26 PM
Nah, you're good bruh. I know that you're agaisnt Zionism and the evil doings of Bibi Netanyahu. People like koriwhat are the types that get excitement out of watching IDF soldiers shooting Palestenian children and limbs.

Like I said... WOKE!

Damn you're a fucking goon for sure.