PDA

View Full Version : Details Released for Spurs’ Stay at Orlando’s Disney Resort

DC23
06-20-2020, 06:59 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-nba-season-return-plans-orlando/

As one of the five Western Conference teams with a shot at the playoffs, the Spurs are going to be staying at the Yacht Club at the Disney Resort in Orlando, where they’ll be enjoying some awesome amenities. They’ll also be wearing Oura smart rings, which should help them stay safe by alerting them up to 3 days early if they might have COVID-19.

Do you think that the Oura rings and other precautions will be enough to keep the Spurs players safe while they are staying at the resort? Also, why aren't these Oura rings made available to the public? I'm not suggesting I'd wear one but I can see how it could be useful for first responders and those living in senior care centers.

baseline bum
06-20-2020, 07:06 PM
It's only for 8 games, though knowing the Spurs luck Lonnie or White will prob catch the DeSantis flu and be dead.

BacktoBasics
06-20-2020, 07:24 PM
Anyone who’s wants a ring can get a ring.

Trainwreck2100
06-20-2020, 07:32 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-nba-season-return-plans-orlando/

As one of the five Western Conference teams with a shot at the playoffs, the Spurs are going to be staying at the Yacht Club at the Disney Resort in Orlando, where they’ll be enjoying some awesome amenities. They’ll also be wearing Oura smart rings, which should help them stay safe by alerting them up to 3 days early if they might have COVID-19.

Do you think that the Oura rings and other precautions will be enough to keep the Spurs players safe while they are staying at the resort? Also, why aren't these Oura rings made available to the public? I'm not suggesting I'd wear one but I can see how it could be useful for first responders and those living in senior care centers.

Because those rings are just wearable thermometers

Robz4000
06-20-2020, 07:51 PM
Shouldn't even bother going with how bad things are getting again.

GAustex
06-20-2020, 07:52 PM
Wonder if poop is going to show?

TimDunkem
06-20-2020, 07:57 PM
Orlando is a top 3 growing Covid hotspot. :lmao

baseline bum
06-20-2020, 08:18 PM
I don't see what any of the players other than LeBron see in this shit. The players have already been paid 75% of their 2019-20 salaries and it's not like this dumbass tournament is going to make up the other 25% considering the escrow fund the owners will take back from huge losses in revenues. Leave your family to go through another training camp to lock yourself up in one of the world's COVID hotspots with no casual strange, no weed, no steroids to maybe get 10% of your base salary back if everything works out absolutely perfectly? I know LeBron is desperate for a ring since he's old as fuck and has a team around him this year but I don't see what anyone else is so hyped for.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-20-2020, 08:54 PM
gotta be good company men when they making roster cuts and free agent decisions in the next couple years

Spurtacular
06-20-2020, 08:55 PM
The Kung-Flu is cereal.

daslicer
06-20-2020, 10:38 PM
I don't see what any of the players other than LeBron see in this shit. The players have already been paid 75% of their 2019-20 salaries and it's not like this dumbass tournament is going to make up the other 25% considering the escrow fund the owners will take back from huge losses in revenues. Leave your family to go through another training camp to lock yourself up in one of the world's COVID hotspots with no casual strange, no weed, no steroids to maybe get 10% of your base salary back if everything works out absolutely perfectly? I know LeBron is desperate for a ring since he's old as fuck and has a team around him this year but I don't see what anyone else is so hyped for.

Agreed. I get it for some of these young players who will go over there that are on their first NBA contract especially if the haven't managed their money well. In general though I feel if you have saved your money then why in the blue hell would you want to go down there. I know if I was in these players situation I would stay at home unless I really needed the money to pay bills or child support.

Lebron also comes across as deranged and stupid for wanting to go down there. The man has a net worth of 300-500 mil another ring is not going to add much to his legacy. He still won't pass MJ as the GOAT. There is not much to gain financially or legacy wise for Lebron.

GAustex
06-20-2020, 10:58 PM
Cases are way up.
It’s not gonna happen.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
06-20-2020, 11:48 PM
FLORIDA

timtonymanu
06-21-2020, 12:33 AM
Just cancel the season FFS. Adam Cuck Silver and Lebron can go fuck themselves tbh.

DJR210
06-21-2020, 12:59 AM
It's only for 8 games, though knowing the Spurs luck Lonnie or White will prob catch the DeSantis flu and be dead.

Man.. It's been such a shitty 4 years I don't even think you're too far fetched. All our decent young talent on ventilators.. Aldridge knew what he was doing w/ his super convenient surgery

ElNono
06-21-2020, 01:28 AM
Man.. It's been such a shitty 4 years I don't even think you're too far fetched. All our decent young talent on ventilators.. Aldridge knew what he was doing w/ his super convenient surgery

tbh, Carmelo Aldrige always knows how to duck out

widowmaker
06-21-2020, 01:30 AM
It would be awesome if lebron catches the rona lmao.

RD2191
06-21-2020, 01:52 AM
Just cancel the season FFS. Adam Cuck Silver and Lebron can go fuck themselves tbh.

Tbh

Slippy
06-21-2020, 03:39 AM
A reason fans may want this. The covid 19 risk - a very good chance Pop wont go.

KobesAchilles
06-21-2020, 09:13 AM
Silver forcing Pop to retire :bobo

TimDunkem
06-21-2020, 09:21 AM
Tbh

It's Disney and all the broadcasters that have Silver by the balls, tbh. They want their games.

Mugen
06-21-2020, 09:32 AM
Orlando was a shithole even before covid, can't imagine going now. What a stupid league :lol

baseline bum
06-21-2020, 09:50 AM
Orlando was a shithole even before covid, can't imagine going now. What a stupid league :lol

Should just convert Disney into a big field hospital. Could have two hour lines to get tested instead of to ride Space Mountain.

TimDunkem
06-21-2020, 10:43 AM
Wait - isn't Disney opening up all resorts and parks to anyone who reserves tickets? Meaning it's open to anyone? How is this going to work? :lol

DJR210
06-21-2020, 10:57 AM

Orlando is where I got the rona too :tu

Disney World FTW

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-21-2020, 11:13 AM

Absolutely. Besides, everyone knows it's going to be incredibly bad basketball from unfit players, half of whom wouldn't want to be there in the first place, which will result in some asterisk championship at best, with a huge risk of being canceled due to people getting ill. I've watched some other sports that have restarted despite all logic and it's all flat, no atmosphere with terrible play that no one wants to watch. Is this really what TVs want from their deals? To me it's worse than not playing.

baseline bum
06-21-2020, 11:15 AM
Wait - isn't Disney opening up all resorts and parks to anyone who reserves tickets? Meaning it's open to anyone? How is this going to work? :lol

Yeah doesn't make sense. No way they're giving the entire Grand Floridian hotel to the NBA, are they? And are they gonna have bouncers at the doors and shit to keep grown-ass NBA players from leaving their hotels?

baseline bum
06-21-2020, 11:18 AM
Absolutely. Besides, everyone knows it's going to be incredibly bad basketball from unfit players, half of whom wouldn't want to be there in the first place, which will result in some asterisk championship at best, with a huge risk of being canceled due to people getting ill. I've watched some other sports that have restarted despite all logic and it's all flat, no atmosphere with terrible play that no one wants to watch. Is this really what TVs want from their deals? To me it's worse than not playing.

The owners definitely want it though since once they hit 70 games played their TV contracts are paid in full. Ugh I can't imagine how shitty the Finals will be if say Giannis and a couple of teammates get sick and similar with LeBron or Kawhi and we end up with a Rockets / Sixers finals or some other stupid shit like that based totally on chance.

Jordan Jackson
06-21-2020, 12:14 PM

I think surgery was an excuse. Aldridge has a pre-exsisting condition with his heart. No way the Spurs were going to send him to Florida.

The Silver and LeBron are a fucking joke for this. All this bullshit over a ring he probably isn't even going to win.

TimDunkem
06-21-2020, 12:58 PM
Yeah doesn't make sense. No way they're giving the entire Grand Floridian hotel to the NBA, are they? And are they gonna have bouncers at the doors and shit to keep grown-ass NBA players from leaving their hotels?
They're going to have a snitch hotline, but that's about it. Nothing is going to stop people from leaving if they really truly want too. This has disaster written all over it.

ZeusWillJudge
06-21-2020, 01:04 PM
The owners definitely want it though since once they hit 70 games played their TV contracts are paid in full.

That's the bottom line.

This is Pop's big chance to prove his commitment to the cause. He should go down there, catch the 'rona, and with his dying gasp blame Trump. He can cement his legacy, and everyone could have an excuse for why the playoff streak ended.

DJR210
06-21-2020, 01:14 PM
I think surgery was an excuse. Aldridge has a pre-exsisting condition with his heart. No way the Spurs were going to send him to Florida.

The Silver and LeBron are a fucking joke for this. All this bullshit over a ring he probably isn't even going to win.

Yes, it's absolutely to keep him out and to ensure he can still get paid

baseline bum
06-21-2020, 01:22 PM

Damn I forgot about that.

daslicer
06-21-2020, 01:27 PM

People can say what they want about LMA about not liking him but the Spurs did the right thing for looking out for him. Hopefully other teams do the same for players that have preexisted conditions.

JuneJive
06-21-2020, 04:58 PM
A ring is a ring is a ring.

offset formation
06-21-2020, 11:50 PM

Silver evidently fancies the NBA as some sort of national rallying point that can bring us together in trying times. Lol.

offset formation
06-21-2020, 11:52 PM

Surgery was done inApril. He had been out for several games before the shutdown because of it. It's legit. But I'm sure given COVID and his pre-existing condition, the Spurs just said forget it. Stay home rest up and be strong for next season.

Slippy
06-22-2020, 01:48 AM
A ring is a ring is a ring.

Just so you never forget this title run, heres some corona

JPB
06-22-2020, 03:15 AM
Because those rings are just wearable thermometers

But they smart!

TimDunkem
06-22-2020, 09:47 AM
My boi Bertans is officially one of the smart ones. He'll be staying out of Orlando.

Spurtacular
06-22-2020, 10:01 AM
I just remembered the Spurs suck anyways.

8FOR!3
06-22-2020, 10:34 AM
Number of cases have consistently gone up but the death rate in the state has remained about the same which suggests that more and more people aren't getting it.

TimDunkem
06-22-2020, 10:52 AM
Number of cases have consistently gone up but the death rate in the state has remained about the same which suggests that more and more people aren't getting it.

What? No. It doesn't show that at all considering deaths lag by weeks to a month with Covid. Where did you get thay information?

Rate of positives compared to testing is what suggests increased spread - and that continues to climb rapidly despite testing numbers only marginally increasing.

kjhip1
06-22-2020, 11:42 AM
With such a high number of cases occurring, specifically in the state of Florida, cant believe they are still doing this. Numbers are going to keep going up and im sure we'll hear about multiple players getting the virus during this time. All that being said, go Spurs go!

exstatic
06-22-2020, 12:12 PM
Wait..what? If the number of cases are going up, more and more people ARE getting it. There is also a lag between infection and death. You can be on a ventilator for weeks before you die. I wouldn't count on that slowly rising death rate to continue.

8FOR!3
06-22-2020, 01:46 PM
What? No. It doesn't show that at all considering deaths lag by weeks to a month with Covid. Where did you get thay information?

Rate of positives compared to testing is what suggests increased spread - and that continues to climb rapidly despite testing numbers only marginally increasing.

Wait..what? If the number of cases are going up, more and more people ARE getting it. There is also a lag between infection and death. You can be on a ventilator for weeks before you die. I wouldn't count on that slowly rising death rate to continue.

I'll use my state for example. South Carolina's new cases have increased pretty rapidly since Memorial Day. Btw, I am getting these numbers just by typing in "South Carolina covid deaths (or cases)" on google it references wikipedia and wikipedia references scdhec.gov. Testing has also increased rapidly, hardly anyone was getting tested locally a few weeks ago and now people are pretty much everywhere throughout the state. Now I do understand that an increase in hospitalizations as well as a higher % of people testing positive plays an equal factor. Those statistics are difficult to find. But even if those numbers have also increased, death rates at some point would also have to start increasing or it suggests that the virus has become less deadly. I understand that there is a lag between infection and death. A few days from now would be about a one month mark since #s started increasing, at some point the death rate will have to start increasing soon for this narrative to be true.

The death rate is a tell all. For now it remains pretty much stagnant in this state, but that's not to say that it won't start increasing in the near future.