PDA

View Full Version : What's With Spurs Fans Bizarre Hatred of James?

TD 21
06-24-2020, 04:43 PM
All I see are comments complaining about him, the power he supposedly wields, the legitimacy of the season and how the hope is he doesn't get another ring . . . yet these same people seem to have little to no problem with Scumbag, who screwed this franchise, indulging in the same things.

Guess who's far more likely to benefit from these circumstances? I'll give you a hint: It's not the one with the flawed, aging team, that had lightning in a bottle. It's the one with with the far more complete team, that was banged up and due to play a series without homecourt in any game.

As as quickly becoming the usual, everything is breaking right for that puke.

Leetonidas
06-24-2020, 05:04 PM
Huh? Most Spurs fans are usually pretty respectful of James imo. He has always given Spurs and Pop a lot of praise and respect. I've never had any issues with him tbh.

Seriously tho fuck Kawhi still

Dex
06-24-2020, 05:08 PM
Huh? Most Spurs fans are usually pretty respectful of James imo. He has always given Spurs and Pop a lot of praise and respect. I've never had any issues with him tbh.

Seriously tho fuck Kawhi still

Bingo

spurs50_
06-24-2020, 05:53 PM
Not even going to lie, I can't stand that crybaby..

talkspurs
06-24-2020, 07:20 PM
This thread was posted and discussed about a month ago. But I cant stand Lehype either. dig back to find out why.

Phenomanul
06-24-2020, 07:55 PM
I guess people quickly forget that LeBron's "free-agency" period played a hand in wedging Kawhi's team against PATFO. They basically forced Kawhi's camp into saying that signing James on the Spurs would hurt Kawhi's chances of getting the Supermax and that therefore Kawhi would be forced to look elsewhere. Both Kawhi' and James' used the media as leverage against PATFO knowing fully well that they didn't have any intention of actually teaming up under Pop.

Joseph Kony
06-24-2020, 08:07 PM
I guess people quickly forget that LeBron's "free-agency" period played a hand in wedging Kawhi's team against PATFO. They basically forced Kawhi's camp into saying that signing James on the Spurs would hurt Kawhi's chances of getting the Supermax and that therefore Kawhi would be forced to look elsewhere. Both Kawhi' and James' used the media as leverage against PATFO knowing fully well that they didn't have any intention of actually teaming up under Pop.

wtf nonsense are you going on about? :lol not a single person thought LeBron was coming here and his free agency decision in 2018 had 0 impact on Kawhi. talk about a fucking reach :lol

baseline bum
06-24-2020, 08:33 PM
wtf nonsense are you going on about? :lol not a single person thought LeBron was coming here and his free agency decision in 2018 had 0 impact on Kawhi. talk about a fucking reach :lol

He could have just said LeBron talks shit about Trump instead of making up a bunch of stupid shit. Everyone knows that's the reason.

mookie2001
06-24-2020, 08:56 PM
Real fans hate everyone not on their team.

exstatic
06-24-2020, 09:02 PM
LeBron would never sign in SA. His respect for Pop doesn’t mean he wants to play for him. He wants an organization that he can take over.

TDMVPDPOY
06-24-2020, 09:07 PM
its the medias narrative pushing lebron down the throats of viewers...wtf was 3-6 >> 6-0 GOAT? lol fail

kht
06-24-2020, 09:58 PM
Constantly complaining, LeGM, picking his coaches, throwing his teammates under the bus, literally needing to have the best roster around him every season, mid-season trades every year, needing his "inner center" to be a part of everything, having to create super teams in order to win titles, flopping, complaining about playing too many minutes. Fuck that guy.

spurs10
06-24-2020, 10:15 PM
I don't have a problem with James and will root for them before the Clippers.

Russ
06-24-2020, 10:21 PM
Perhaps he's just the most visible target . . .

(How shocking, if so.)

KobesAchilles
06-24-2020, 11:34 PM
He's a Laker and fuck the Lakers.

DJR210
06-24-2020, 11:51 PM
I personally like James as player.. The things he does that annoys me is his bullshit crying shit like in 2014 with the cramps (like we didn't grow up playing basketball outside in summer??) having an opinion on EVERYTHING/EVERYONE except China, and building teams behind the scenes

baseline bum
06-25-2020, 12:00 AM

I'd take him ringing any day over the fucking mute autistic pos.

ismael-robert
06-25-2020, 12:46 AM
Agree with the bum

Phenomanul
06-26-2020, 09:14 AM
He could have just said LeBron talks shit about Trump instead of making up a bunch of stupid shit. Everyone knows that's the reason.

"people quickly forget"

Many people definitely thought LeBron could join the Spurs and play for Pop in his wanning years - there was a 200+ page thread about that possibility on here.

The accusatory assumption in your speculation is asinine. I strongly disliked LeBron before orange man was even on the political scene.

I had a LeBron autograph rookie card (2003 SP Authentic / Serial# 23/500) that I sold in 2014 for $3,000 during the NBA Finals. I had enough of his shenanigans by then.

lefty
06-26-2020, 09:26 AM
I personally like James as player.. The things he does that annoys me is his bullshit crying shit like in 2014 with the cramps (like we didn't grow up playing basketball outside in summer??) having an opinion on EVERYTHING/EVERYONE except China, and building teams behind the scenes
Everyone reacts differently to cramps

ANd you didn't play at a high level

Dirks_Finale
06-26-2020, 11:43 AM
True, true.

Constantly complaining, LeGM, picking his coaches, throwing his teammates under the bus, literally needing to have the best roster around him every season, mid-season trades every year, needing his "inner center" to be a part of everything, having to create super teams in order to win titles, flopping, complaining about playing too many minutes. Fuck that guy.

Dirks_Finale
06-26-2020, 11:45 AM
Oh, I think he would.

Could definitely see him ring chasing and playing till he is 45 and slow as a snail, still trying to get catch MJ in the ring dept.

LeBron would never sign in SA. His respect for Pop doesn’t mean he wants to play for him. He wants an organization that he can take over.

widowmaker
06-26-2020, 11:46 AM
Lebron James has a loosing record in the finals.

callo1
06-26-2020, 01:31 PM
I don't hate Lebron, but at the same time, I think he is is moronic hypocrite quite often, especially when he called Morey out for not being "educated" about China. Total humanitarian virtue signaling fraud to be honest. No wonder he and Pop and Kerr have such a bromance with one another...birds of a feather.

dbestpro
06-26-2020, 02:42 PM
I give credit to James for marrying his high school sweetheart and not trading her in for a trophy blonde.

exstatic
06-26-2020, 04:21 PM
Oh, I think he would.

Could definitely see him ring chasing and playing till he is 45 and slow as a snail, still trying to get catch MJ in the ring dept.

I don’t think you understand him at all. He HAS to control the organization where he signs. The Spurs know that, and would never permit that to happen. LeBron understands that.

TD 21
06-26-2020, 04:39 PM
So basically, you people don't like him because as an outspoken, powerful black man, he represents progress.

Remind me when he exaggerated an injury/condition, abandoned his teammates, hid halfway across the country, had his sleazebag uncle attempt to destroy his organization's reputation and refused to release his medical information or interact period with his employer that was paying him $18.6 million? Or when he constantly sat out games, in his 20s, to "load mange"?

While you're at it, find where he ever had a roster as complete as the '12-'14 Spurs, '19 Raptors or '20 Clippers?

I don't want to hear about the star power he played with. Wade was gimpy, ill-fitting and they were centerless back when that still mattered. Irving and Love were defensive liabilities. The Lakers have no credible secondary perimeter creator/big wing defender.

I give credit to James for marrying his high school sweetheart and not trading her in for a trophy blonde.

I don't think it's intent so much as a combination of the reality being that the more you move up, the less diversity there is in your environment and many being mindless drones that have been subliminally led to believe that they're the epitome of beauty/success.

gambit1990
06-26-2020, 04:43 PM
i don't get the hatred either.

MultiTroll
06-26-2020, 05:40 PM
I don’t think you understand him at all. Pop HAS to control the organization where he coaches. Lebron knows that, and would never permit that to happen. LeBron understands that.
FIFY

MultiTroll
06-26-2020, 05:50 PM
Many people definitely thought LeBron could join the Spurs and play for Pop in his wanning years - there was a 200+ page thread about that possibility on here.
Hugest mistake LeBron made was in summer 2016. After beating the Warriors, he could have come to Spurs then and there. Or, if returning to Cleveland he should have signed a one year deal. A chance to collude with Kwa in San Antonio could have been done there and then. (Cannot, will not convince me Kwa would have absolutely left knowing he could have had Lebron joining while ditching one or more of Pops Pets. (Gasoft, Aldridge)

exstatic
06-26-2020, 06:19 PM
FIFY

Pretty normal behavior for the president of basketball operations. Not that common for players.

LeBron was never going to sign here.

exstatic
06-26-2020, 06:24 PM
Hugest mistake LeBron made was in summer 2016. After beating the Warriors, he could have come to Spurs then and there. Or, if returning to Cleveland he should have signed a one year deal. A chance to collude with Kwa in San Antonio could have been done there and then. (Cannot, will not convince me Kwa would have absolutely left knowing he could have had Lebron joining while ditching one or more of Pops Pets. (Gasoft, Aldridge)
Kawhi could have gone to the Lakers in 2019. They wanted him. LeBron wanted him. He didn’t want LeBron.

kht
06-26-2020, 06:26 PM
So basically, you people don't like him because as an outspoken, powerful black man, he represents progress.

Remind me when he exaggerated an injury/condition, abandoned his teammates, hid halfway across the country, had his sleazebag uncle attempt to destroy his organization's reputation and refused to release his medical information or interact period with his employer that was paying him $18.6 million? Or when he constantly sat out games, in his 20s, to "load mange"?

While you're at it, find where he ever had a roster as complete as the '12-'14 Spurs, '19 Raptors or '20 Clippers?

I don't want to hear about the star power he played with. Wade was gimpy, ill-fitting and they were centerless back when that still mattered. Irving and Love were defensive liabilities. The Lakers have no credible secondary perimeter creator/big wing defender.

I don't think it's intent so much as a combination of the reality being that the more you move up, the less diversity there is in your environment and many being mindless drones that have been subliminally led to believe that they're the epitome of beauty/success.

None of this negates what I said about James... KL is a whole different topic.

Bellboy
06-26-2020, 07:10 PM
Easy answer

I’m not a woman. I don’t need a douche in my life.

daslicer
06-26-2020, 07:11 PM
Easy answer

I’m not a woman. I don’t need a douche in my life.

:lol

BatManu20
06-26-2020, 07:21 PM

Spurtacular
06-27-2020, 06:58 AM
:lol @ anyone dick riding LeRoids tbh

MultiTroll
06-27-2020, 08:46 AM
Kawhi could have gone to the Lakers in 2019. They wanted him. LeBron wanted him. He didn’t want LeBron.
2016 summer Lebron coming to the Spurs >>>>>> then going to 2019 Lakers.

2019 Lakers had AIDs for two years, were not in good shape.

2017 Spurs with Kwa, Lebron and good cast would have rang.

Kool Bob Love
06-27-2020, 11:12 AM

https://i1.wp.com/politicallyincorrecthumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/lebron-james-colin-kaepernick-nba-nfl-kneel-for-american-flag-stand-for-chinese-flag.jpg?resize=520%2C275&ssl=1

DeRozan m8
06-27-2020, 04:29 PM
Spurs fans have high morals and ethics.

We don't respect losers who collude and pad stats like they only play for themselves.

Hes a passive aggressive little cunt and always needs more help to achieve anything aside from his empty stats.

Dude is overrated media hype and team cancer....

Oh yea...that finals record is downright embarrassing too

Oh yeah....the dumbass also acts like he cares so much about human rights, yet wont speak bad against China because of money.....what a little bitch

talkspurs
06-27-2020, 06:40 PM
Spurs fans have high morals and ethics.

We don't respect losers who collude and pad stats like they only play for themselves.

Hes a passive aggressive little cunt and always needs more help to achieve anything aside from his empty stats.

Dude is overrated media hype and team cancer....

Oh yea...that finals record is downright embarrassing too

Oh yeah....the dumbass also acts like he cares so much about human rights, yet wont speak bad against China because of money.....what a little bitch

Yes, Yes, Yes. And on the Human rights thing that is why he is pushing so hard for the NBA to comeback. it is about his legacy. He does not care about others it is all about him.

From Downtown
06-27-2020, 09:06 PM
I don't hate him, I like him quite a lot as a player and I have no problem with his talking although he indeed comes across as hylocritical sometimes, I can see him getting into politics after he retires

What irks me is the obsession he's got with his own legacy, the whole big 3/super team saga was pretty embarrassing too imo (and they still managed to go 2-2 in the finals)

As for Kawhi, fuck him

BackHome
06-28-2020, 01:14 AM
Oh everyone loves Lebron his biggest fans are CCP they just adore him NOT so much people from India, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.

timtonymanu
06-28-2020, 07:15 AM
He's basically like any other star player at this point. They just care about the media attention and big markets. There's never gonna be another Tim Duncan type. Now everyone is entitled and jump ships at the first sign of adversity.

I respect him for his career and still being a guy who led a small market team to a championship. But then he went to the Lakers and it made me stop rooting for him. The fact that he's pushing so much for the season to resume makes him look like a huge faggot too. Fuck Kawhi too. And Anthony Davis. Giannis will bolt too when Milwaukee continues to fail at winning a championship. It would be hilarious if a team like Washington wins it all because of this mess of a resume that Cuck Silver and LeBron want.

cd98
06-28-2020, 11:59 AM
Spurs don't hate Lebron any more than every other franchise does that he doesn't play for. But if he came to SA and played for the Spurs, they would love him.

DeRozan m8
06-29-2020, 04:48 AM
I don’t think you understand him at all. He HAS to control the organization where he signs. The Spurs know that, and would never permit that to happen. LeBron understands that.

Exactly...he hijacks every organisation he joins, builds teams around himself, then runs when it gets too hard and leaves the organisation in turmoil.

exstatic
06-29-2020, 06:57 AM
2016 summer Lebron coming to the Spurs >>>>>> then going to 2019 Lakers.

2019 Lakers had AIDs for two years, were not in good shape.

2017 Spurs with Kwa, Lebron and good cast would have rang.

Not if your main goal is to make movies. He’s getting his hooks into that business, too.

BackHome
06-29-2020, 07:33 AM
They going to have him play the Dragon in the Mulan Movie?

SpurSpike
06-29-2020, 11:37 AM
He's basically like any other star player at this point. They just care about the media attention and big markets. There's never gonna be another Tim Duncan type. Now everyone is entitled and jump ships at the first sign of adversity.

I respect him for his career and still being a guy who led a small market team to a championship. But then he went to the Lakers and it made me stop rooting for him. The fact that he's pushing so much for the season to resume makes him look like a huge faggot too. Fuck Kawhi too. And Anthony Davis. Giannis will bolt too when Milwaukee continues to fail at winning a championship. It would be hilarious if a team like Washington wins it all because of this mess of a resume that Cuck Silver and LeBron want.

Loyal players that care about their team and the spirit of competition are still out there, look at Damian Lillard. Dude has been very loyal to Portland. They are a rare breed but not extinct.

daslicer
06-29-2020, 12:10 PM

1. I would say the foreign players I see staying with their current team for their whole entire career or most of it. I look at guys like Doncic,Jokic and don't think they will ever leave by choice. Unfortunately I don't see that being the case with American superstars even if they win a title with their current team. #2 pretty much showed that winning titles in a small market doesn't mean anything compared to playing in a big market.

2. He only went back to Cleveland because he knew had a chance to win it all over there with Kyrie and Kevin Love. If they didn't have Kyrie and Love then there is no way he comes back to Cleveland in the first place.

Arcadian
06-29-2020, 12:10 PM
We just don't revere him all that much because we saw him get destroyed multiple times in the Finals at the hands of Texas teams.

It's hard to revere someone when you've seen them get destroyed numerous times on the biggest stage.

MultiTroll
06-29-2020, 01:19 PM
We just don't revere him all that much because we saw him get destroyed multiple times in the Finals at the hands of Texas teams.

It's hard to revere someone when you've seen them get destroyed numerous times on the biggest stage.
So what exactly did you want him to do with the shitty Cleveland team in Year 2 vs the ABC rigged Warriors?
2007 are you claiming Tim Duncan, Wilt, Jordan or any other player would have rang with that Cavs roster?

2015 he was easily the Finals MVP.
2017 He drops 55 or so in a Tim Duncanesque performance in Game 1. Only to have it stolen by WarriorRef giving Pampers Durnat FTs along with JR Smiths antics.

That was "getting destroyed"? :lol

MultiTroll
06-29-2020, 01:36 PM
Both sports record and financials the before and after:
Cavs before drafting LeBron and after.
Miami not as drastic as Cavs but again look at the stats both sports and $$$.
Cavs 2 before (The Kyrie years) and after (took down the Golden Phaggots).

Lakers last 5 years with Kobme and now Lebrons 1st year.

Get a grip Haters.

TD 21
06-29-2020, 04:22 PM
If you just don't like the personality for whatever reason(s), fair enough. There's definitely some unlikable things about him (anyone, but I'm talking what the public knows), but on balance he receives far too much criticism . . . and I say this as someone who couldn't stand him up until '12 and still wouldn't call myself a fan per se.

None of this negates what I said about James... KL is a whole different topic.

Scumbag has had better teams/circumstances and less responsibility to win his titles, yet is somehow now deified.

DeRozan m8
06-29-2020, 05:57 PM
Just as a bonus, let's add his cringe as fuck and downright embarrassing Taco Tuesday videos, and then the fact he tried to trademark the phrase.

What an egotistical, arrogant and out of touch fuckhead

Though he does always rely on others doings to get anything himself, so I'm not surprised.

Arcadian
06-30-2020, 04:00 AM
So what exactly did you want him to do with the shitty Cleveland team in Year 2 vs the ABC rigged Warriors?
2007 are you claiming Tim Duncan, Wilt, Jordan or any other player would have rang with that Cavs roster?

2015 he was easily the Finals MVP.
2017 He drops 55 or so in a Tim Duncanesque performance in Game 1. Only to have it stolen by WarriorRef giving Pampers Durnat FTs along with JR Smiths antics.

That was "getting destroyed"? :lol

I was mainly talking about 2011 and 2014.

And I don't "want" him to do anything. He's an opponent of my favorite team, and I enjoy watching him lose (which he does more often than not). You sound like a fanboy.

spurs50_
06-30-2020, 06:56 AM
Did LeBron start this thread?

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-30-2020, 11:32 AM
No problems with Lebron James from me.

James Harden on the other hand......