PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review 2 for 1

SpursforSix
06-26-2020, 12:58 PM
It's been hard finding stuff to watch. I probably rely too much on Rotten Tomatoes and Prime reviews to pick a movie.
I watched a couple of pretty decent shows.

Brian Banks : based on a true story.
High school football star has his dreams cut short due to a rape conviction. Movie mostly focuses on his life after jail and his quest for exoneration.

21 Bridges
Action move. Nothing special but it's a pretty good movie. Consistently moves forward with no real dead spots.
Some young black actor (who's great) plays the main cop. Also, a decent role for J K Simmons.

Neither of these are GREAT but at no point did I regret watching either of them.

Bonus:
I rarely re watch movies but did so with Gattaca. Easily a top 5 sci-fi movie for me.

leemajors
06-27-2020, 08:24 PM
It's been hard finding stuff to watch. I probably rely too much on Rotten Tomatoes and Prime reviews to pick a movie.
I watched a couple of pretty decent shows.

Brian Banks : based on a true story.
High school football star has his dreams cut short due to a rape conviction. Movie mostly focuses on his life after jail and his quest for exoneration.

21 Bridges
Action move. Nothing special but it's a pretty good movie. Consistently moves forward with no real dead spots.
Some young black actor (who's great) plays the main cop. Also, a decent role for J K Simmons.

Neither of these are GREAT but at no point did I regret watching either of them.

Bonus:
I rarely re watch movies but did so with Gattaca. Easily a top 5 sci-fi movie for me.

Have you watched Marcella on Netflix?

Spurtacular
06-28-2020, 12:25 AM
Just do the latest movie you watched and rate it thread, attention whore.

SpursforSix
06-28-2020, 12:58 AM
Just do the latest movie you watched and rate it thread, attention whore.

:supersadfaceemoji:

SpursforSix
06-28-2020, 01:00 AM
Have you watched Marcella on Netflix?

No. I had someone with really bad taste recommend it to me a couple of years ago so I passed. Actually was thinking about starting now with the 3rd season out. I take it you like it?

ChumpDumper
06-28-2020, 01:04 AM
:supersadfaceemoji:
Keep up the review threads:tu

leemajors
06-28-2020, 11:56 AM
No. I had someone with really bad taste recommend it to me a couple of years ago so I passed. Actually was thinking about starting now with the 3rd season out. I take it you like it?

Yes I am in the middle of season 2, it is good.