Pages : [1] 2

ace3g
06-26-2020, 06:16 PM
https://twitter.com/EvanClosky/status/1276654479031635968

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbeXalcXsAAQvpt?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbeX3HXU4AAyQAY?format=jpg&name=large

kht
06-26-2020, 06:27 PM
Don't see us winning anymore than 3 games to be honest. Hope I'm wrong.

exstatic
06-26-2020, 06:29 PM
NBA, scheduled us against the plague Kings first, so we get infected. :lol

NASpurs
06-26-2020, 06:36 PM
Good to see the Summer League back.

gambit1990
06-26-2020, 07:06 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/7bcccd99b30ccaf0e9126ecda5cfd20a/tenor.gif

TimDunkem
06-26-2020, 07:38 PM
Pels got the cupcake schedule. NBA isn't even hiding the Zion bias anymore. It's the only reason there's a stupid play-in to begin with.

Twisted_Dawg
06-26-2020, 07:51 PM
Pels got the cupcake schedule. NBA isn't even hiding the Zion bias anymore. It's the only reason there's a stupid play-in to begin with.

Got to get him prepped to take over for Lebron in LA.

TXstbobcat
06-26-2020, 07:53 PM

this is going to be a glorified Nike Camp.

exstatic
06-26-2020, 07:56 PM
Got to get him prepped to take over for Lebron in LA.

I think if they steal a second straight Pels franchise player,petroleum engineers from Louisiana will go and trigger the San Andreas fault with fracking fluid to trigger the big one.

cool cat
06-26-2020, 09:12 PM

I laughed but then realized like 1/2 our roster played in the summer league last 2 years.

Leetonidas
06-26-2020, 09:27 PM
nvm :lol

spurs10
06-26-2020, 10:10 PM
Wonder if FSSW will be airing these games or will we be listening on our transistor radios.

TXstbobcat
06-26-2020, 10:14 PM
Wonder if FSSW will be airing these games or will we be listening on our transistor radios.

Good question. Are Sean and Bill making the trip to Orlando?

ace3g
06-26-2020, 10:19 PM

Last thing I read, local media guys will commentate remotely.

Trainwreck2100
06-26-2020, 10:27 PM

Sean's one kidney having ass has no business in florida

ducks
06-26-2020, 11:27 PM
NBA, scheduled us against the plague Kings first, so we get infected. :lol

Are we kissing them ?

ducks
06-26-2020, 11:28 PM
They are leaving pop in sa right
So he can help biden

alpha_HaZE
06-26-2020, 11:34 PM
The fist two games will be critical, but the way this season has gone, I can easily see us start 4-0, just to get us excited, then drop the next four games to make our season that much more painful.

tim_duncan_fan
06-26-2020, 11:51 PM
If this could potentially cause our draft pick to be even lower than 11 or 12, I want out.

pad300
06-26-2020, 11:55 PM

I call bullshit. The play in is also because they need 70 regular season games for the TV contracts...

TimDunkem
06-27-2020, 12:06 AM
I call bullshit. The play in is also because they need 70 regular season games for the TV contracts...
You don't need a play in tournament to play games before the playoffs.

spurs10
06-27-2020, 12:58 AM
So local TV at a later date..

https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.go.attcenter.com%2FEl oquaImages%2Fclients%2FSpursSportsampEntertainment 1%2F%257Be2e7ace7-b011-4bc6-9aa8-edc0b5c3d6f9%257D_1920_Spurs_STM_Header_STM_Update .png&t=1593237292&ymreqid=2ce93ab9-0aa3-f843-1cd5-28000101ee00&sig=OTnn.EZC_8DHzp_cvyfPvA--~C

https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.go.attcenter.com%2FEl oquaImages%2Fclients%2FSpursSportsampEntertainment 1%2F%257B5640f0d2-7212-4f75-838c-0a3de4da6cac%257D_200626_Spurs_SAS_SCHEDULE_4x5_OP 2_%25281%2529.png&t=1593237292&ymreqid=2ce93ab9-0aa3-f843-1cd5-28000101ee00&sig=Ibru7r7sIqH9CXOQ3EXuQw--~C

It’s Finally Here – The Silver & Black Are Back!

The San Antonio Spurs will restart the 2019-20 regular season with an eight-game slate, beginning July 31 vs. the Sacramento Kings, at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla. The season will resume with 22 teams returning to play and with no fans in attendance.

Under the competitive format for the restart, the 22 participating teams will be the eight teams in each conference with the highest current winning percentages and the six teams that are currently within six games of the eighth seed in either conference.

The restart will begin with each participating team playing eight “seeding games,” as selected from its remaining regular-season matchups.

View the complete game and national television schedules below. Local television broadcast information for each matchup will be released at a later date. All Spurs games can be heard on WOAI-AM 1200 and in Spanish on KXTN AM-1350 and 107.5 FM HD2.

alpha_HaZE
06-27-2020, 01:47 AM
If this could potentially cause our draft pick to be even lower than 11 or 12, I want out.

Draft pick stays the same unless we make the playoffs.

Chillen
06-27-2020, 01:50 AM
Hoping we make playoffs.

Anyway this all reminds me of The Truman Show in a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrB2gg-toms&feature=emb_rel_end

Glad we are going to have basketball back though.

Spurtacular
06-27-2020, 06:45 AM
The fist two games will be critical, but the way this season has gone, I can easily see us start 4-0, just to get us excited, then drop the next four games to make our season that much more painful.

Very doubtful. Spurs haven't won four in a row all season. They did have an eight-game losing streak though.

Dverde
06-27-2020, 07:00 AM
This seems like a great situation to send an assistant to coach. Pop is old and shouldn’t be in a bubble. Any chatter on that?

Spurtacular
06-27-2020, 07:22 AM
They are leaving pop in sa right
So he can help biden

Nah. Someone's got to be there to fire off a scathing rebuke about how racist white Americans are after a white pillow sheet is found in Lebron's hotel room.

8FOR!3
06-27-2020, 09:35 AM
So 6 of our 8 games aren't even going to be televised? Is there any option other than local channel?

I'm gonna be pissed if I can't even watch the Spurs' games.

Dex
06-27-2020, 10:56 AM
2-6, calling it now

Dex
06-27-2020, 10:57 AM
So 6 of our 8 games aren't even going to be televised? Is there any option other than local channel?

Look to the internets, my friend

TimDunkem
06-27-2020, 11:27 AM
This seems like a great situation to send an assistant to coach. Pop is old and shouldn’t be in a bubble. Any chatter on that?

Selfish fuck would die before he allows Becky to take the helm before HE thinks she's ready.

Dirks_Finale
06-27-2020, 11:40 AM
My guess is that this summer league bubble thing gets worse ratings than old Married with Children re-runs.

Dirks_Finale
06-27-2020, 11:41 AM
They will be aired around 3am...an NBA sort of informercial.

Dex
06-27-2020, 11:45 AM
My guess is that this summer league bubble thing gets worse ratings than old Married with Children re-runs.

No way. People are so starved for sports right now that they will get ratings.

Not saying I agree with the plan. But people will watch if the games happen...including myself.

Nathan89
06-27-2020, 11:49 AM
Nah. Someone's got to be there to fire off a scathing rebuke about how racist white Americans are after a white pillow sheet is found in Lebron's hotel room.:lol

NASpurs
06-27-2020, 11:55 AM
I hope these actual summer games continue indefinitely. Summer can be such a drag when it comes to sports if you don't like baseball.

Dverde
06-27-2020, 01:09 PM
Nah. Someone's got to be there to fire off a scathing rebuke about how racist white Americans are after a white pillow sheet is found in Lebron's hotel room.

:bobo

ace3g
06-27-2020, 01:20 PM

Looks like all games not televised on national/local channels will be on league pass.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbeoOtcWsAACCif?format=jpg&name=large

Dirks_Finale
06-27-2020, 01:35 PM
I think they will watch initially -- then tune it out once they realize the product is crappy.

Not saying I agree with the plan. But people will watch if the games happen...including myself.

baseline bum
06-27-2020, 01:47 PM

Absolutely no way Sean is making the trip as an organ donor recipient.

MultiTroll
06-27-2020, 01:57 PM
2-6, calling it now
Sounds about right.
I will consider any win incredible and am just going to try to enjoy regardless of what happens.

8FOR!3
06-27-2020, 04:59 PM
Looks like all games not televised on national/local channels will be on league pass.

Nice, thanks!

spurs10
06-27-2020, 06:14 PM

I'm gonna be pissed if I can't even watch the Spurs' games. The local television hasn't been released yet. I'm hoping FSSW will be televising the games as usual.

paperboy77
06-27-2020, 09:01 PM

Wonder if blackouts will still apply

TDomination
06-27-2020, 09:18 PM

This

ace3g
06-27-2020, 09:29 PM
https://twitter.com/BillLand/status/1277000934057541633

spurs10
06-27-2020, 10:32 PM
Sir Acelot comes through with all the news all the time!! I had hoped for this. Thanks for the tip!

:flag:

GAustex
06-27-2020, 11:06 PM
Ace doing the work!

BackHome
06-28-2020, 01:06 AM
People going to watch just to see the train wreck that is going to happen. People are going to start testing positive and then all hell is going to break loose it’s going to be an EPIC Cluster Fuck show.

TimDunkem
06-28-2020, 12:52 PM
People going to watch just to see the train wreck that is going to happen. People are going to start testing positive and then all hell is going to break loose it’s going to be an EPIC Cluster Fuck show.
At least the majority of NBA players will have antibodies for next season. :lol

baseline bum
06-28-2020, 01:18 PM
At least the majority of NBA players will have antibodies for next season. :lol

Probably only last up to the draft tbh

baseline bum
06-28-2020, 01:20 PM
https://twitter.com/BillLand/status/1277000934057541633

LOL a whole two prime-time games. Not a team on pace for a 35 win season with some bug sprayer replacing its best player will be worth watching, but damn lots of early afternoon games no one will be able to watch? :lol

spurs10
06-28-2020, 03:28 PM
LOL a whole two prime-time games. Not a team on pace for a 35 win season with some bug sprayer replacing its best player will be worth watching, but damn lots of early afternoon games no one will be able to watch? :lol This will be fun and I'll be watching every one of the games...break out the DVR! I'm not expecting a lot of W's!

TDomination
06-28-2020, 03:43 PM
I do want to watch basketball but I don’t want to see more political stuff. There’s enough of it everywhere I turn and go. It would be nice to have sports be a true escape like it once was.

i commend all those who stand for what they believe is right but man I just don’t want to see it during the games but it’s unlikely.

exstatic
06-28-2020, 08:34 PM
I do want to watch basketball but I don’t want to see more political stuff. There’s enough of it everywhere I turn and go. It would be nice to have sports be a true escape like it once was.

i commend all those who stand for what they believe is right but man I just don’t want to see it during the games but it’s unlikely.

Don’t watch. The NBA fan base skews towards social justice, so the tail ain’t waggin’ the dog on this. You are definitely the one out of step.

TXstbobcat
06-29-2020, 02:52 PM
Per news4sanantonio:

SAN ANTONIO — NBA TV will showcase each of the 22 NBA teams headed to Orlando for the league's season comeback via the Team Restart series, beginning with the Los Angeles Lakers this Wednesday, July 1, at 9 p.m. ET. The San Antonio Spurs will be spotlighted on Sunday, July 26.

baseline bum
06-29-2020, 03:04 PM

When has sports ever been apolitical? You have the national anthem before every game. NFL seems to always have flyovers from F16, from the Blue Angles, etc, and they do segments for the army all the time. In the first gulf war NBA teams wore flags on their jerseys like everyone was supposed to support the war. If it makes you feel uncomfortable that the black people you like watching are pissed at cops murdering their people and then being protected by the courts, by the police unions, by other officers, etc, it's on you. They're not required to censor themselves because you don't like what they have to say. Don't watch if you don't think black lives matter.

baseline bum
06-29-2020, 03:05 PM
Per news4sanantonio:

SAN ANTONIO — NBA TV will showcase each of the 22 NBA teams headed to Orlando for the league's season comeback via the Team Restart series, beginning with the Los Angeles Lakers this Wednesday, July 1, at 9 p.m. ET. The San Antonio Spurs will be spotlighted on Sunday, July 26.

Probably at 3AM.

ace3g
06-29-2020, 03:17 PM
Per news4sanantonio:

https://twitter.com/TurnerSportsPR/status/1277602994117197824

TDomination
06-29-2020, 04:59 PM
Don’t watch. The NBA fan base skews towards social justice, so the tail ain’t waggin’ the dog on this. You are definitely the one out of step.

When has sports ever been apolitical? You have the national anthem before every game. NFL seems to always have flyovers from F16, from the Blue Angles, etc, and they do segments for the army all the time. In the first gulf war NBA teams wore flags on their jerseys like everyone was supposed to support the war. If it makes you feel uncomfortable that the black people you like watching are pissed at cops murdering their people and then being protected by the courts, by the police unions, by other officers, etc, it's on you. They're not required to censor themselves because you don't like what they have to say. Don't watch if you don't think black lives matter.

haha this reminds me of the video of the guy that was standing by his window watching the blm protest go by his apartment and then a couple of guys end up throwing rocks through his window and he begins yelling back "WTF, I'M ON YOUR SIDE, I'M ON YOUR SIDE!"

man i didn't say anything remotely of not being in support or anything like that. but you guys decided to get all bent out of shape and decide to accuse me of something that is untrue. but whatever.

again as i mentioned before i just want to watch basketball. basketball, for me, was the ultimate unifyer. Playing and watching. i never even remotely thought about race when rooting for my team or playing with my teammates. never. now...its being thrown in my face that this person is white, this person is mexican, this person is black, this person is korean. well thats nice, but we're all humans. right? and we all want for our team to beat the opponents. thats all that matters IN BASKETBALL. basketball is just a game, we all know that. its not life or death. but it can unify millions of people like its done in the past regardless of your background or where you came from.

baseline bum
06-29-2020, 05:30 PM
haha this reminds me of the video of the guy that was standing by his window watching the blm protest go by his apartment and then a couple of guys end up throwing rocks through his window and he begins yelling back "WTF, I'M ON YOUR SIDE, I'M ON YOUR SIDE!"

man i didn't say anything remotely of not being in support or anything like that. but you guys decided to get all bent out of shape and decide to accuse me of something that is untrue. but whatever.

again as i mentioned before i just want to watch basketball. basketball, for me, was the ultimate unifyer. Playing and watching. i never even remotely thought about race when rooting for my team or playing with my teammates. never. now...its being thrown in my face that this person is white, this person is mexican, this person is black, this person is korean. well thats nice, but we're all humans. right? and we all want for our team to beat the opponents. thats all that matters IN BASKETBALL. basketball is just a game, we all know that. its not life or death. but it can unify millions of people like its done in the past regardless of your background or where you came from.

Why does it remind you of that? You whined about sports being political when they have always been political. Your kumbaya race doesn't matter bullshit is a joke in 2020 in nation run by a white nationalist and it's good it's being constantly thrown in your face. It needs to be. If you're offended by black people with a voice standing up and speaking out against black people being murdered by police oh well, tough fucking shit. I hope every player in the league kneels before every game because Americans should never forget about George Floyd, about Ahmaud Arbery, about Breonna Taylor, about Botham Jean, about Atatiana Jefferson, about Walter Scott, about Philando Castile, about Eric Garner, about Freddie Gray, and a lot of other black people executed by police.

TDomination
06-29-2020, 10:31 PM
Why does it remind you of that? You whined about sports being political when they have always been political. Your kumbaya race doesn't matter bullshit is a joke in 2020 in nation run by a white nationalist and it's good it's being constantly thrown in your face. It needs to be. If you're offended by black people with a voice standing up and speaking out against black people being murdered by police oh well, tough fucking shit. I hope every player in the league kneels before every game because Americans should never forget about George Floyd, about Ahmaud Arbery, about Breonna Taylor, about Botham Jean, about Atatiana Jefferson, about Walter Scott, about Philando Castile, about Eric Garner, about Freddie Gray, and a lot of other black people executed by police.

those people you listed should not be forgotten regardless if someone kneels or not. If someone decides to not kneel, it shouldnt mean that those people will not be remembered. The majority of people agree that those deaths were completely uncalled for. It’s just the reaction to those deaths that has caused friction. Most of it is understandable but a lot of it uncalled for such as any looting and vandalism to small businesses that have nothing to do with anything regarding what happened but they get attacked just because.

and in sports It seems like what all kneeling does now is just make others angry instead of trying to honor those that died unfairly by police. And this is where the division comes.

as for my comment on how their comments reminded me of that incident, i mentioned that because I felt like I was being attacked out of ignorance. Never in my post did I mention that black lives don’t matter or that the movement was unjust but that wasn’t the case. I just said I wish it wasn’t pushed into the sport because I know that all it’s gonna do is cause more division among fans and perhaps among players. Like it already has in other sports.

If politics have always been in sports then I never noticed it and I guess that’s on me. I at least have never felt any kind of divisive thing like what’s happening right now.

https://youtu.be/htWKVvSGXPs

im not here to argue or get mad bro. That does nothing or solves anything.
I just want to watch my spurs and see them succeed. I will always love this team.

BackHome
06-30-2020, 09:30 AM
And that is the reason that the ratings for this are going to be horrible your going to start seeing a whole bunch of rich ballers start calling in sick. As I said before this is going to be a cluster fuck you could probably count on one hand the amount of players who really want to play right now.

baseline bum
06-30-2020, 10:26 AM
those people you listed should not be forgotten regardless if someone kneels or not. If someone decides to not kneel, it shouldnt mean that those people will not be remembered. The majority of people agree that those deaths were completely uncalled for. It’s just the reaction to those deaths that has caused friction. Most of it is understandable but a lot of it uncalled for such as any looting and vandalism to small businesses that have nothing to do with anything regarding what happened but they get attacked just because.

and in sports It seems like what all kneeling does now is just make others angry instead of trying to honor those that died unfairly by police. And this is where the division comes.

as for my comment on how their comments reminded me of that incident, i mentioned that because I felt like I was being attacked out of ignorance. Never in my post did I mention that black lives don’t matter or that the movement was unjust but that wasn’t the case. I just said I wish it wasn’t pushed into the sport because I know that all it’s gonna do is cause more division among fans and perhaps among players. Like it already has in other sports.

If politics have always been in sports then I never noticed it and I guess that’s on me. I at least have never felt any kind of divisive thing like what’s happening right now.

https://youtu.be/htWKVvSGXPs

im not here to argue or get mad bro. That does nothing or solves anything.
I just want to watch my spurs and see them succeed. I will always love this team.

I don't care if it causes division. Anyone who is so much of a snowflake to get his little feelings hurt over respectful nonviolent protest of police lynchings of black people is someone I wouldn't give a shit about losing as a fan if I'm LeBron James. You tell NBA players not to have a voice about things being done to their community and you're basically just telling them just dance for me monkey.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-30-2020, 11:35 AM
Weird schedule. Only 8 games, and 22 teams, yet we play the Jazz twice. Not sure I get it, but oh, well.

TDomination
06-30-2020, 12:39 PM
Weird schedule. Only 8 games, and 22 teams, yet we play the Jazz twice. Not sure I get it, but oh, well.
I wonder how they figured the schedule out.

i also wonder with no fans in the stadium and little to no background noise, will we be able to hear the players talking or yelling at each other on the court or will they mute that?

exstatic
06-30-2020, 12:39 PM

The play in teams all play a lot of current playoff teams. We have, I think, 7 out of 8 playoff opponents. The 8 games is to reach the minimum payoff for the local broadcast carriers. I think there is some echo of what would have been the real regular season in the selection of opponents.

pad300
07-01-2020, 10:18 AM
... respectful nonviolent protest of police lynchings of black people ...

Getting up to 30 dead nationwide. Hundreds of injuries. Thousands of incidents of looting, vandalism and arson... All 4 cops at the actual incident have been charged and will go to trial...

You wonder why people think the left is a bunch of dishonest lying fuckweasels?

baseline bum
07-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Getting up to 30 dead nationwide. Hundreds of injuries. Thousands of incidents of looting, vandalism and arson... All 4 cops at the actual incident have been charged and will go to trial...

You wonder why people think the left is a bunch of dishonest lying fuckweasels?

Are you fucking retarded or just drunk this morning? I was talking about kneeling during the anthem as respectful protest of police lynchings of black people.

dbestpro
07-01-2020, 10:37 AM
It might be best to no longer play the National Anthem before sporting events. People could still take a knee before the game and get their point across and those that feel the anthem is special won't be insulted.

ace3g
07-01-2020, 11:37 AM
From Spurs FB page

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/81372177_10157323022876981_2311760969383447400_o.j pg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=7dzaLPhIYxAAX9UTq_I&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=19d83c00ac3c358b41f2e9278d8a704c&oe=5F21FC86

exstatic
07-01-2020, 12:42 PM
It might be best to no longer play the National Anthem before sporting events. People could still take a knee before the game and get their point across and those that feel the anthem is special won't be insulted.

It used to, until very recently in the span of NFL history, be played while the players were in the locker room. The owners were the ones who chose to poiticise the anthem.

ace3g
07-01-2020, 02:46 PM
https://twitter.com/NickKosmider/status/1278404889513652224

Seventyniner
07-01-2020, 02:49 PM
It used to, until very recently in the span of NFL history, be played while the players were in the locker room. The owners were the ones who chose to poiticise the anthem.

The whole "players on the court/field while the anthem plays" thing seems weird to me anyway. Especially in the NBA where a significant percentage of the players are not American.

RC_Drunkford
07-01-2020, 04:53 PM
all I know is Bryn Forbes will play 28 minutes per game which means the Spurs will take massive Ls

TimDunkem
07-01-2020, 05:04 PM
all I know is Bryn Forbes will play 28 minutes per game which means the Spurs will take massive Ls
He was playing more before the season ended. He will getting between 30-35 mpg guaranteed.

ace3g
07-02-2020, 11:39 AM
JeffGSpursZone JeffGSpursZone
(https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone) 2m (https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1278728238722924544)
Jakob Poeltl says his free agency did make him seriously re-think about playing in Orlando but he sat with his camp and they felt it was safe to come back. Says it was an easy decision to play. #nba (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba) #gospursgo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo)

Paul Garcia pAulGarciaNBA
(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 9m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1278726845094080512)
"Every game counts," said Poeltl of the Spurs trying to get 8th or 9th for the play-in tournament. "Especially with LaMarcus (Aldridge) being out too."

(https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone) 10m (https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1278726615099273216)
Jakob Poeltl says he is taking the challenge personally to step up in LaMarcus Aldridge's absence. Says he has to step up and perform. #nba (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba) #gospursgo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo) #nbatwitter (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nbatwitter)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1080688815449260032/U66qqQF2_normal.jpg
(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 12m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1278726235246530566)
"It looked like everybody went back to normal," said Jakob Poeltl of what he observed in Texas when lockdowns were lifted. "It was hard to see and I think right now we're seeing the results of that."

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/875802380486311936/tmFHpr16_normal.jpg
Mike Finger Mikefinger
(https://twitter.com/mikefinger) 12m (https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/1278726195614547969)
Jakob Poeltl, like the rest of us, is expressing consternation at people “chilling in big groups” and going to bars and clubs in the middle of a pandemic, but he’s doing it in a very polite European way. “Those are the types of things that are more or less unnecessary.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/702692830741921792/G1V30-wC_normal.jpg
(https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone) 12m (https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1278726186034749442)
Jakob Poeltl says he is ready for the isolation life in Orlando. Says he's been playing video games while in isolation in San Antonio. #gospursgo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo) #nba (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1083979461236875264/v720hIxC_normal.jpg
RJ Marquez ksatRJ
(https://twitter.com/KSATRJ) 19m (https://twitter.com/KSATRJ/status/1278724618069643265)
#Spurs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Spurs) Jakob Poeltl says he's feeling great and his knee is fine. He was out before league suspended play in March. LaMarcus Aldridge is out for the restart. #KSATsports (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23KSATsports)

Mike Finger Mikefinger
(https://twitter.com/mikefinger) 20m (https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/1278724573320613888)
DeMar DeRozan, like the rest of us, has struggled with the question of whether the NBA should be back. But he’s excited to be in the gym today, even if current events are “heavy on everyone’s heart.” “You look at the whole spectacle of things, and just try to figure it out.”

(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 28m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1278722458846183432)
"We had to buckle down to make this push," said DeRozan of the team locking in with a win over Dallas just before the season was suspended. He said the team confidence at that time was high that they could make a playoff push.

(https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone) 31m (https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1278721985024008193)
DeMar DeRozan noted the win v Mavs was huge before the hiatus. The team said their confidence turned into an all time high. They felt good collectively and then COVID happened. #nba (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba) #gospursgo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo)

ace3g
07-02-2020, 11:42 AM
CCHKGwSHmY3

CCCNIiKBSKr

ginobilized
07-02-2020, 01:02 PM
Thanks for keeping things fresh and factual here, Ace!

ismael-robert
07-02-2020, 07:24 PM
I dont recall ever seeing demar look that solid

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-03-2020, 12:31 AM
I dont recall ever seeing demar look that solid

demar is strong

*edit/add: he's on-court strong. as strong as he needs to be to get what he wants on the court. ..... lebron-lite

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-03-2020, 12:33 AM
caffeine-free diet lebron lite zero

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-03-2020, 12:33 AM
i don't think this ish is gonna happen tbh

us gubmint done effed this one up too bad tbh

maybe they'll surprise me

ace3g
07-03-2020, 11:40 PM
CCM1AAVHJ1h

CCM1UP8hZMG

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1279257538366713857

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcCVXj1WkAE6qiq?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://i.ibb.co/Y7zMPt9/IMG-7564-1.jpg

https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1279127937623691268

ace3g
07-04-2020, 04:05 PM
CCOoDiNp9wm

https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1279494519466098688

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcF9Om-VAAEB3Tl?format=jpg&name=large

ace3g
07-07-2020, 06:17 PM
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1280486728541843463

ace3g
07-07-2020, 07:16 PM
https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/1280584002836054016

RC_Drunkford
07-07-2020, 09:46 PM
https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/1280584002836054016

worst case scenario

Seventyniner
07-07-2020, 10:14 PM
CCM1UP8hZMG

This reminds me of Dwight Howard.

NASpurs
07-07-2020, 10:16 PM
This reminds me of Dwight Howard.

Love child of Howard and Eric Bledsoe

ace3g
07-08-2020, 01:02 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1280923386789744641

ace3g
07-08-2020, 01:59 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1280935881222893569

MultiTroll
07-08-2020, 05:03 PM
CCM1UP8hZMG
How much do you reckon Lonnie IV has rocked up over the break?

RD2191
07-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know what channel the games will be broadcast on?

baseline bum
07-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know what channel the games will be broadcast on?

Probably ESPN Deportes at like 3AM

RD2191
07-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Probably ESPN Deportes at like 3AM
:rollin

RC_Drunkford
07-08-2020, 08:10 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1280923386789744641

of course Mills can do that, cause somebody gave him a 50 million dollar contract

ace3g
07-09-2020, 05:08 PM
https://twitter.com/lonniewalker_4/status/1281348488895303681

CCb_r-eJg8x

ace3g
07-09-2020, 07:11 PM
https://twitter.com/N_Magaro/status/1281375555619889152

ace3g
07-10-2020, 01:53 AM
CCcJfE6H8bV

CCcURD9lJDC

https://twitter.com/marcobelinelli/status/1281377676754903042

https://twitter.com/marcobelinelli/status/1281377708191219712

ace3g
07-10-2020, 01:34 PM
https://twitter.com/NBABubbleLife/status/1281644810026115079

8FOR!3
07-10-2020, 02:02 PM
of course Mills can do that, cause somebody gave him a 50 million dollar contract

there’s no doubt that every professional athletes THRIVES off of capitalism

spurs10
07-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Right on to Patty Mills! That's a lot of money no matter how much you earn.
:flag:

ace3g
07-10-2020, 03:09 PM
https://twitter.com/NBAItalia/status/1281641836684009473

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eci81DmXkAAfm31?format=jpg&name=large

absoloot66
07-10-2020, 04:05 PM
Pop with the Pele Pelle?:huh:smokin

ace3g
07-10-2020, 08:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg4AdR7cOq4

phxspurfan
07-10-2020, 08:49 PM
Jakob Poeltl says he is ready for the isolation life in Orlando. Says he's been playing video games while in isolation in San Antonio

Jakob Poeltl says he's feeling great and his knee is fine

gonna be a lot of out of shape dudes down there :lol

alpha_HaZE
07-11-2020, 03:53 AM
This is essentially a new season, I mean we had 3.5 months off. Hopefully, this means that all of our young guys take that next step. The first two games will be very critical. By the way, we have 8 players with less than five years of experience and five with more than ten! Well, three if you don't count Beli and Zeller.

I am so ready to see what Derrick, DJ, Lonnie, Trey, Jakob and Keldon can do.

ace3g
07-11-2020, 01:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1069403041940602880/Bb1X4Bjr_normal.jpg
Tom Petrini realTomPetrini
(https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini) 2m (https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini/status/1282011341562224647)
Gregg Popovich is about to speak to the assembled media for the first time in over four months. I’ll thread some quotes here when he gets going, what are some questions you have?

ace3g
07-11-2020, 01:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/971852605390336000/uA0TeMUO_normal.jpg
Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN
(https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN) 24m (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN/status/1282013411577081857)
Pop is zooming.

(https://t.co/oO7Ydp63Vx)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcqgZGuWAAEmMgv?format=jpg&name=large

(https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone) 24m (https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282013594771750912)
Popovich says during the hiatus he did nothing basketball wise. There was no reason to. Spent time with family, reading, thinking of the world, the nation, the covid 19 virus #nba (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba) #gospursgo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo)

(https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone) 23m (https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282013858597613571)
Popovich calls Patty Mills the "spiritual leader" of the team. A special human being. #nba (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba) #gospursgo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1111412814206271491/r48HwlfK_normal.jpg
Evan Closky EvanClosky
(https://twitter.com/EvanClosky) 15m (https://twitter.com/EvanClosky/status/1282016354435043328)
Pop says if the bubble works the way it is supposed to work, he is safer there than he is in Texas.

Mike Finger Mikefinger
(https://twitter.com/mikefinger) 12m (https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/1282017084264898560)
Asked Pop if he was fully on board with coming to the bubble even though it meant doing Zooms with reporters. “You’ve gotta take the bad with the good,” he said.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1223404522778906626/VjL7yi8O_normal.jpg
Michael C. Wright mikecwright
(https://twitter.com/mikecwright) 11m (https://twitter.com/mikecwright/status/1282017575543746561)
Pop said that naturally he had reservations at first about going to Orlando. After talking to some folks, he says "I don't know where else you would be as safe as we are right now."

(https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone) 10m (https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282017957078618113)
Popovich says he does watch what is going over in Japan & #COVID__19 (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23COVID__19) b/c of the Olympics. #nba (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba) #gospursgo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo)

ace3g
07-11-2020, 03:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1268544071578062849/QIG6_iqC_bigger.jpg
(https://twitter.com/spurs)

San Antonio Spurs
@spurs
Ready to ball in the bubble

@TreyLyles (https://twitter.com/TreyLyles)
| #GoSpursGo (https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoSpursGo?src=hashtag_click)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcltBDGWsAMk85G?format=png&name=small

(https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1281955151540916226/photo/1)

9:15 AM · Jul 11, 2020·Twitter Media Studio (https://help.twitter.com/using-twitter/how-to-tweet#source-labels)

ace3g
07-11-2020, 05:17 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282072425992249345

(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 36m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1282065555550359553)
Dejounte Murray on being away from basketball when the season was suspended: “It was tough, but at the same time, I knew the whole world was going through it, not just me.”

(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 37m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1282065203685986306)
"Hoopers hoop," said Dejounte Murray of getting back to competitive play and trying to get the 8th seed. "Being from Seattle, Washington, we hoop."

(https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone) 40m (https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282064590176690176)
Lonnie Walker tells me the young guys are athletic and want to play defense. #nba (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba) #nbatwitterhttps://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/NBATwitter_2018_RefreshEmoji/NBATwitter_2018_RefreshEmoji.png (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nbatwitter) #gospursgo

(https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo)
(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 44m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1282063812372443141)
Lonnie Walker IV on his goal during the restart: "I just want to be more consistent in my game."

(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 44m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1282063661998190592)
“Just hunger," said Walker IV of the Spurs' young players wanting to improve. "We’re a young athletic group that wants to play defense. We’re starving, we’re ready to play, we’re ready to win.”

(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 46m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1282063484868612097)
Lonnie Walker IV is ready to restart the season: “For me, I’m good. I’m just ready to play basketball. I’m still trying to get my foot in the door.”

(https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone) 58m (https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282060826560598016)
Dejounte Murray tells me that he and the young guys are patient for their time to shine. #nba (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba) #gospursgo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo)

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282062553082929152

(https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo)

ace3g
07-11-2020, 07:06 PM
https://twitter.com/EvanClosky/status/1282101977149779968

ace3g
07-11-2020, 07:31 PM
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/107808792_10158852959143463_2137702478512326592_o. jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ucBHoLNBB0IAX9UD1y_&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=ed313a51826a20da2fb0e7dc887e41db&oe=5F314E47

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/107826347_10158852959158463_820052476855733653_o.j pg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=sPEW6f690dcAX9A24DF&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=9318ad14ef99efeac92f7d07638de545&oe=5F2EBDDC

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/107877811_10158852959148463_3621621586573790160_o. jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=RalMPNtB87QAX-pk4UO&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=cc608fbac19b25b9c76af573491aaf9b&oe=5F2E0F02

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/107621064_10158852959278463_4142395193798731871_o. jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=co_XgH3ZKEIAX9yMB4U&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=dc16ee6c0c2278d6ec2c731e1c155a32&oe=5F2FE4EF

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/107667032_10158852959308463_7322367791884717692_o. jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=_O_n225KAzsAX-MDZGO&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=f5eaee63cac4f32559a579d7c7fd4e86&oe=5F31273C

Keldon with the SpongeBob Nike shoes

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/108683908_10158852959438463_6587952890784983422_o. jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=cA_uP4ASWroAX9dyBvT&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=fcbf2e7bf2973f66c95a4db42ca87f1b&oe=5F3064C8

https://www.facebook.com/nba/photos/pcb.10158852966728463/10158852959133463 (https://www.facebook.com/nba/posts/10158852966728463?__cft__)

Leetonidas
07-11-2020, 07:46 PM
:hungry::hungry:

ace3g
07-11-2020, 09:10 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282135086591172608

ace3g
07-11-2020, 09:16 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1282135874680037382

CChlO9bJuYA

ace3g
07-11-2020, 09:28 PM
Lonnie!!!

https://twitter.com/NBABubbleLife/status/1282138392705159169

GAustex
07-11-2020, 09:39 PM
Ace putting in the work!

TDomination
07-11-2020, 09:51 PM
thanks for all the tweet updates Ace.

just seeing all that gets me ready to see the spurs. miss them!

ace3g
07-11-2020, 10:14 PM
https://twitter.com/DejounteMurray/status/1282142251121102848

ace3g
07-12-2020, 02:16 AM
CChstcHl_nh

ace3g
07-12-2020, 10:54 AM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1282342202191028225

CCjCgDypI9v

TimDunkem
07-12-2020, 11:10 AM
https://twitter.com/NBABubbleLife/status/1281644810026115079
Front desk: Need anything?

NBA players: I don't feel good. Can I get a test?

Front desk: Of course. Immediately, sir.

Average working person in the US where cases are marching towards 100k a day: I don't feel well. Can I get a test?

Med Clinic: Come back tomorrow. Maybe we can fit you in.

ace3g
07-12-2020, 12:39 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1282368122184282112

ace3g
07-12-2020, 01:31 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282380618874204161

CCjMEH1nmDT

TDomination
07-12-2020, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know how they are planning to do the audio of the game itself? Meaning typically the court is miked up and so are the rims and you can always hear the ball bounce and the squeak of the players shoes. But because there was always a lot of crowd noise, the talking of the players was always washed up.

But now with no crowd to drown it out, are we going to be able to hear the players talking on the court? I doubt it but just curious if anyone has seen anything on it.

exstatic
07-12-2020, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know how they are planning to do the audio of the game itself? Meaning typically the court is miked up and so are the rims and you can always hear the ball bounce and the squeak of the players shoes. But because there was always a lot of crowd noise, the talking of the players was always washed up.

But now with no crowd to drown it out, are we going to be able to hear the players talking on the court? I doubt it but just curious if anyone has seen anything on it.

The court talk would be NSFW, so they’ll probably do something else.

baseline bum
07-12-2020, 04:14 PM

I heard they're going to play NBA 2k crowd noise. Really.

TimDunkem
07-12-2020, 04:20 PM
I heard they're going to play NBA 2k crowd noise. Really.

Wow. If you've played then you know how awful and unrealistic the crowd noise is in that game. What a joke.

baseline bum
07-12-2020, 04:21 PM
Wow. If you've played then you know how awful and unrealistic the crowd noise is in that game. What a joke.

Haven't played 2k since like 2k12. Used to be such an amazing series too.

TimDunkem
07-12-2020, 04:27 PM
Haven't played 2k since like 2k12. Used to be such an amazing series too.

They're still reusing most of that crowd noise you heard in 2k12. :lmao

NASpurs
07-12-2020, 04:30 PM
Looking at some of these pics Ace has been posting and not recognizing one of the players, I had to google the Spurs roster and remind myself that Quinndary Weatherspoon is still part of this world. Looked like some rando for a sec :lol

ChumpDumper
07-12-2020, 05:03 PM
I heard they're going to play NBA 2k crowd noise. Really.I think I caught a bit of an English soccer game doing the same. Sad. They don't do that for no-crowd situations like Orlando summer league or the G-League showcase. Why now?

They should have each team get a couple hundred season ticket holders to react live on Zoom at low volume. Could get at least a sports bar level of enthusiasm there and cut to the better looking ones and family groups every once in awhile

ace3g
07-12-2020, 05:37 PM
I bet during the scrimmage games they will try various things and see what kind of feedback they get.

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282446605510156288

CCjypw3pY6j

Dejounte
07-12-2020, 06:36 PM
The only benefit of the Spurs making the playoffs is

1) the young players are getting minutes and developing (because theres no way we make the playoffs with the vets playing heavy minutes)
2) spurs continue their streak
3) momentum going into playoffs would be huge

ace3g
07-12-2020, 09:37 PM
https://twitter.com/EvanClosky/status/1282501737086165002

KayBee
07-12-2020, 10:03 PM
https://twitter.com/EvanClosky/status/1282501737086165002
WTF? All of Ace’s posts are some sort of quest. Instead of blank posts, how about some actual content? Been lurking for years abs ain’t cracked the code yet. Are you too cool for actual words, bro?

ChumpDumper
07-12-2020, 10:04 PM
WTF? All of Ace’s posts are some sort of quest. Instead of blank posts, how about some actual content? Been lurking for years abs ain’t cracked the code yet. Are you too cool for actual words, bro?Try a different browser. He's posting mainly tweets.

KayBee
07-12-2020, 10:07 PM
Wow. Now there showing. I guess I’m a grandparent or something. Thank you, ChumpDumper. On Safari.

KayBee
07-12-2020, 10:09 PM
Wow. Now there showing. I guess I’m a grandparent or something. Thank you, ChumpDumper. On Safari.
Apologies to Ace as well. Love the insight, hate to become Sherlock Holmes to find it.

ace3g
07-13-2020, 11:16 AM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1282679837333819392

CClnXOijae0

TDomination
07-13-2020, 11:38 AM
WTF? All of Ace’s posts are some sort of quest. Instead of blank posts, how about some actual content? Been lurking for years abs ain’t cracked the code yet. Are you too cool for actual words, bro?

this is pretty funny. My work computer does the same thing and shows blanks on the post but when I see a blank I get on my phone cause I know it’s a tweet.

ace3g
07-13-2020, 12:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1221598514670600194/ngs0cRgS_normal.jpg
Will Guillory @WillGuillory
(https://twitter.com/WillGuillory) 30m (https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status/1282718236589600772)
Nickeil Alexander-Walker said he asked one of the Pelicans film guys to put some clips of Manu Ginobli together for him to watch during the time away.

ace3g
07-13-2020, 01:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1129851237506142210/VcmCxgA8_normal.png
Jim Eichenhofer Jim_Eichenhofer
(https://twitter.com/Jim_Eichenhofer) 1h (https://twitter.com/Jim_Eichenhofer/status/1282720166254727169)
Nickeil Alexander-Walker said he's spent time during hiatus watching Manu Ginobili tape. NAW noted Manu's "craftiness, his speed, his change of pace. He was a great player. Just trying to pick up as much as I can from him." NAW also watching tape of other old-school players

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1096972763938652160/Se2fTwZd_normal.jpg
Don Harris @DonHarris4
(https://twitter.com/DonHarris4) 23m (https://twitter.com/DonHarris4/status/1282742058210525184)
I can confirm that Spurs Asst. coach Tim Duncan is NOT with the team in Orlando. Spurs tell me Tim and a few members of the medical and performance group are directing LaMarcus Aldridge’s rehabilitation program.

ace3g
07-13-2020, 08:34 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282848769495781378

spurs10
07-13-2020, 10:18 PM
Gracias Sir Acelot!!
:bobo

ace3g
07-14-2020, 11:31 AM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1283057414078558209

https://i.ibb.co/ryr8G08/107531355-897591090761852-5768443476203482886-n.jpg

CCmIHpvFVRs

CCoPmjtF2tC

ginobilized
07-14-2020, 11:47 AM
Nice clips, Ace!
I especially love the LW IV dunk where he almost hits his face on the rim.

Dejounte
07-14-2020, 11:58 AM
White and Dejounte playing on the same team in scrimmage. Sign of things to come?

ace3g
07-14-2020, 02:11 PM
https://twitter.com/NBABubbleLife/status/1283112728643506176

ace3g
07-14-2020, 04:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ec6so3SXgAEDhqY?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1268544071578062849/QIG6_iqC_normal.jpg
San Antonio Spurs spurs
(https://twitter.com/spurs) 13m (https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1283152768056864777)
This team. https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f90d.png

ace3g
07-14-2020, 06:14 PM
KJ: "So I'm the new starting SG, if you have any questions ask DeMar..."

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/108234070_10157360207111981_4212020525147562767_o. jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=zi3dSuhhg0cAX__GfiP&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=38ff7a1009c5d8984e946d425f5f0cf8&oe=5F357D1E

Forbes: "Hey DeMar, Keldon says I'm out as a starter..."

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/107395089_10157360207021981_6856480635626777082_o. jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=NpCM0hIzULYAX_TPotJ&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=7612a69caeee7c2dc62329ec5c8a1dc1&oe=5F33490C

Sugus
07-14-2020, 07:07 PM
So disgusting seeing this iteration of the Spurs, with a young core ready to take over, but being held back by useless vets that won't take us anywhere but have "earned their minutes" over players who need to grow for our future... Can we fast forward to the start of next season? Or if DeMar hasn't been traded yet, the season after that. Whichever, as long as the DD-LMA era is gone.

Collins21
07-14-2020, 07:41 PM
So disgusting seeing this iteration of the Spurs, with a young core ready to take over, but being held back by useless vets that won't take us anywhere but have "earned their minutes" over players who need to grow for our future... Can we fast forward to the start of next season? Or if DeMar hasn't been traded yet, the season after that. Whichever, as long as the DD-LMA era is gone.

This young players crap is ridiculous and overblown. These dudes aren't as good as you guys think they are. Are they better than Bryn Forbes , Patty Mills and Marco? Yes but on no circumstances are they better than LA, DeMar or Rudy Gay. These dudes have huge holes in their games that's why they were late round picks.If you Put d'Aaron Fox , Lonzo Ball or Donovan Mitchell on this team the vets wouldn't matter because the talent gap would be so wide Mills Forbes or Belinelli would never get off the bench. Stop acting like the Spurs are holding back the next Parker, Manu or Kawhi. Besides White and Johnson I don't have high hope for any of these guys.

playblair
07-14-2020, 08:02 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1282848769495781378
this reporter went from a dying spurs site to a paid vacation to disney to cover the spurs.......u know kori & lj have to be hating them selves for losing their spurs media credentials

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 08:41 PM
this reporter went from a dying spurs site to a paid vacation to disney to cover the spurs.......u know kori & lj have to be hating them selves for losing their spurs media credentialsDoubt it.

Dejounte
07-14-2020, 09:02 PM
Keldon looks a little bit bigger on the arms.

tmtcsc
07-14-2020, 10:00 PM
So...who thinks the Spurs will be anything other than what & who they are? We know they didn't miraculously learn how to play defense or close out games over the hiatus. Their most talented, albeit gutless, player won't be suiting up. Yeah, 2-6 if they are lucky. What a waste.

talkspurs
07-14-2020, 10:00 PM
This young players crap is ridiculous and overblown. These dudes aren't as good as you guys think they are. Are they better than Bryn Forbes , Patty Mills and Marco? Yes but on no circumstances are they better than LA, DeMar or Rudy Gay. These dudes have huge holes in their games that's why they were late round picks.If you Put d'Aaron Fox , Lonzo Ball or Donovan Mitchell on this team the vets wouldn't matter because the talent gap would be so wide Mills Forbes or Belinelli would never get off the bench. Stop acting like the Spurs are holding back the next Parker, Manu or Kawhi. Besides White and Johnson I don't have high hope for any of these guys.

So your point is the young players on our team are not good because they were drafted low and cannot be the next Parker or Manu. Can you remind me where they were drafted?

Collins21
07-14-2020, 10:26 PM
So your point is the young players on our team are not good because they were drafted low and cannot be the next Parker or Manu. Can you remind me where they were drafted?

That's not my point my point they are not building blocks and are high end role players at best. To say that they are better basketball players than LA and DeMar or Rudy Gay for that matter is foolish. Which one of these guys will make at least 1 all NBA team?

talkspurs
07-14-2020, 10:48 PM
That's not my point my point they are not building blocks and are high end role players at best. To say that they are better basketball players than LA and DeMar or Rudy Gay for that matter is foolish. Which one of these guys will make at least 1 all NBA team?

Murray I believe will make several AS games. The rest is hard for me to say as I have not seen them play much. White I think can be good but even at his best would be fringe All star at best but I dont think he will make any.
You said they were late rounds picks because they have holes in them and said to stop acting like they were holding back the next parker or manu. they also were both late picks.

Collins21
07-14-2020, 11:03 PM
Murray I believe will make several AS games. The rest is hard for me to say as I have not seen them play much. White I think can be good but even at his best would be fringe All star at best but I dont think he will make any.
You said they were late rounds picks because they have holes in them and said to stop acting like they were holding back the next parker or manu. they also were both late picks.

Let me ask you this if Murray and Rudy Gay both came out in the same draft which one would you pick?

talkspurs
07-14-2020, 11:36 PM
Let me ask you this if Murray and Rudy Gay both came out in the same draft which one would you pick?

Were not talking about the same draft we are talking about right now and going forward.

ace3g
07-15-2020, 10:15 AM
CCpDdMVB9wG

ace3g
07-15-2020, 06:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1101670964499283968/nXXSb0pp_normal.png
Locked On Spurs @LockedOnSpurs
(https://twitter.com/LockedOnSpurs) 6m (https://twitter.com/LockedOnSpurs/status/1283547125054427139)
Popovich said development is more important right now in Orlando during video call with media. #nba (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23nba) #gospursgo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gospursgo)

ace3g
07-15-2020, 08:14 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1283569811755356167

Dejounte
07-15-2020, 08:31 PM
11th pick here we come (as expected)

ace3g
07-15-2020, 10:42 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1283607380996042753

BackHome
07-16-2020, 08:37 AM
Rudy is pretty much done as a NBA player I love the guy but he can’t play heavy minutes and should be used with our second unit. I agree we have no one close to matching LMA and DEROZZ skill level and impact on this team currently but even with those two were still a first round exit at best.

That’s why a lot of us were hoping for a one or two year tank ie. Trade LMA and DEROZZ and get some draft picks from the trade. Secondly play the youngsters cause I still don’t really know if any of them are real NBA starter type players.

baseline bum
07-16-2020, 11:14 AM
So...who thinks the Spurs will be anything other than what & who they are? We know they didn't miraculously learn how to play defense or close out games over the hiatus. Their most talented, albeit gutless, player won't be suiting up. Yeah, 2-6 if they are lucky. What a waste.

Oh yeah, guy with a heart problem is gutless for not going to the NBA Covid Party.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-16-2020, 11:42 AM
Thanks for posting the tweets, pics Ace. :tu

ace3g
07-16-2020, 11:47 AM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1283801066270683136

CCtdHy_J4HJ

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/107694410_10157364310621981_2726805647737235396_o. jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=Svlzk0h3K-gAX-7hFA1&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=1612c2a44e20fd3c14c691b01f11e9ec&oe=5F360015

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/108631348_10157364310476981_7687472504751831111_o. jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=LG-QdYVf704AX_nr9ll&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=142f8a526e5326987a289061736145b1&oe=5F381008

ace3g
07-16-2020, 12:33 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1283807625109557248

https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1283809686475755521

https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1283813475593011200

Seventyniner
07-16-2020, 01:23 PM
CCtdHy_J4HJ

So this is what it takes to get those two on the floor together. :bang

tmtcsc
07-16-2020, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah, guy with a heart problem is gutless for not going to the NBA Covid Party.

Bro, he was gutless way before Covid. Check out the majority of his playoff performances. That's what I'm referring to. This restart is stupid on many levels. Staying away may have been the smartest thing he's done. Timmy too.

poopbox
07-16-2020, 02:17 PM
why is marco still here :cry

ace3g
07-16-2020, 02:30 PM
https://twitter.com/KABBFOX29/status/1283840851232329729

CCtu2QiHBld

ace3g
07-16-2020, 04:26 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1283874505056804868

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1282834702928359426/54njLVVi_normal.jpg

(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 13m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1283871976013148163)
Keldon Johnson said over the break he's been watching a lot of film. He said on offense he wants to work on his shooting and also on his drives, when to attempt a shot and when to kick out to an open teammate.

(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 14m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1283871600794898439)
Like Rudy Gay, Keldon Johnson said if he' asked to play small ball 4, he's ready: “We haven’t really talked about it. (I'll) do whatever it takes for my team to be victorious.”

(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 22m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1283869749328388096)
Rudy Gay on the Spurs' young players having to be ready to play more in the restart: "They're playing with desperation. They're learning. We have a lot of people down, they're going to have to play."

Sugus
07-16-2020, 08:25 PM

What a ridiculous comment. Of course the Spurs don't have any top-tier pick prospects, they haven't picked there. It doesn't mean their young players can't develop and expand their games. Following your logic, no player drafted in the logic should ever bust (they have top tier talent after all, right?), and no player drafted in the second round should get playing time (they have huge holes in their games which caused them to drop down, right?). Luckily for us, players don't stay at their draft day version of themselves, they grow and evolve - when given the chance.

Lonnie or Keldon or DJ or White aren't better than DD/LMA/Rudy now. Who's to say they won't be tomorrow? You sure as hell don't know. And I sure as hell know that neither DD, nor LMA, nor Rudy Gay are taking this god damned team anywhere meaningful. So what's the hung over playing our old, washed up vets that do not help us today, over young players that might help us tomorrow? Personally, that chance is all that I need to make my decision. It's not like we haven't seen where playing DD/LMA/Gay takes us, right? A first round exit then out of the POs entirely. Wow, sure is something to hold our young players' development over...

Also, I'd love to hear the argument for White over Lonnie. I've literally never encountered a Spurs fan having this opinion, it's an honest question. I can't see White as anything more than a serviceable role player, whereas Lonnie has both the lower floor and higher ceiling, and again, I'd take my chances (though of course, I want the both of them to play over that Forbes/Mills trash).

ace3g
07-16-2020, 09:43 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1283953981526548483

ace3g
07-17-2020, 12:00 AM
Well I guess Zeller will get minutes over Luka...

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1222405905112690690/6Mdo41M4_normal.jpg
Luka Šamanić SamanicLuka
(https://twitter.com/SamanicLuka) 7m (https://twitter.com/SamanicLuka/status/1283987054146342912)
Faith is why I'm here today and faith is why I made it through

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1222405905112690690/6Mdo41M4_normal.jpg
Luka Šamanić SamanicLuka
(https://twitter.com/SamanicLuka) 3m (https://twitter.com/SamanicLuka/status/1283988804911747077)
be happy for others, your time will come

ace3g
07-17-2020, 02:17 AM
CCt9kp8By3v

Collins21
07-17-2020, 03:37 AM
What a ridiculous comment. Of course the Spurs don't have any top-tier pick prospects, they haven't picked there. It doesn't mean their young players can't develop and expand their games. Following your logic, no player drafted in the logic should ever bust (they have top tier talent after all, right?), and no player drafted in the second round should get playing time (they have huge holes in their games which caused them to drop down, right?). Luckily for us, players don't stay at their draft day version of themselves, they grow and evolve - when given the chance.

Lonnie or Keldon or DJ or White aren't better than DD/LMA/Rudy now. Who's to say they won't be tomorrow? You sure as hell don't know. And I sure as hell know that neither DD, nor LMA, nor Rudy Gay are taking this god damned team anywhere meaningful. So what's the hung over playing our old, washed up vets that do not help us today, over young players that might help us tomorrow? Personally, that chance is all that I need to make my decision. It's not like we haven't seen where playing DD/LMA/Gay takes us, right? A first round exit then out of the POs entirely. Wow, sure is something to hold our young players' development over...

Also, I'd love to hear the argument for White over Lonnie. I've literally never encountered a Spurs fan having this opinion, it's an honest question. I can't see White as anything more than a serviceable role player, whereas Lonnie has both the lower floor and higher ceiling, and again, I'd take my chances (though of course, I want the both of them to play over that Forbes/Mills trash).

White is a better defender, passer and finisher than Lonnie. I've never seen Derrick White airball a wide open lay up before.

San Antonio Slayer
07-17-2020, 05:40 AM

Who has been developed well by the Spurs for the last decade except Kawhi and Bertans whose development became eventually beneficial?

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-17-2020, 09:18 AM
Who has been developed well by the Spurs for the last decade except Kawhi and Bertans whose development became eventually beneficial?

Depends on your definition of 'whose development became eventually beneficial', but since you've included Bertans I take it to mean 'who developed into NBA players', I'd go with Tiago, George Hill, Blair, CoJo, Kyle Anderson, etc. so basically all of their non-injured 1st round picks.

ace3g
07-17-2020, 11:19 AM
CCvvcwtpiiR

CCv6B5sjQN9

ace3g
07-17-2020, 12:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1069403041940602880/Bb1X4Bjr_normal.jpg
Tom Petrini realTomPetrini
(https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini) 10m (https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini/status/1284175542791671809)
"We have a ping pong tournament tomorrow, that's my main focus... after this practice of course" -Derrick White

From @Cory_C_Johnson (https://twitter.com/Cory_C_Johnson/) Equipment & Travel Manager San Antonio Spurs InstaStory instagram.com/cory_conrad/ (https://t.co/DV3g7W0FQ7) #NBABubbleLife

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdJQ0imU8AAHjaF?format=jpg&name=medium
(https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NBABubbleLife)

Sugus
07-17-2020, 01:41 PM
White is a better defender, passer and finisher than Lonnie. I've never seen Derrick White airball a wide open lay up before.

I don't disagree, but I also think a large part of that is their ages and developmental process. White is 26, Lonnie is 21 - I think it's safe to say White is (and came into the league) much more polished and closer to his ceiling than Lonnie is, which is why I said Lonnie has the higher ceiling but also lower floor. I can see your points though, and definitely think White will be at the least a successful backup for years in the NBA.

Are you serious? "who has been developed well by the Spurs except for the mid-pick-turned-top-player that helped the Spurs to a ring"? Kawhi's development alone, nevermind his later antics, should be enough to at least warrant the FO the benefit of the doubt in regards to player development. I also think you and I have very different definitions of "developed well"; I'd say for example that White was/is very well developed, Dejounte is coming along, and many other examples, but I'm sure your expectation is none lower than a 29th pick making the All-Star game or something along those lines.

And besides that, even if they were Knicks-level of bad development, what's the point of playing vets that won't take you anywhere over young players who might develop into something? In fact, if the young players never pan out, a worst case scenario, it'd still help the team tank towards a top draft pick, which is yet another scenario I'd take over years of mediocrity and no future. If you don't see any budding stars in the Spurs' young core, that's fine and your opinion - but it still makes no sense to play DD/LMA/Gay over the youngings just because they're better today. I fail to see what results you're looking for with that strategy, and it's not like the Spurs haven't been doing exactly what you're asking (with pretty evident results) for the past 2 seasons.

ace3g
07-17-2020, 02:51 PM
https://www.nba.com/spurs/gallery/july-15-practice-nba-restart

https://www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/gettyimages-1227496429.jpg

https://www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/gettyimages-1227496435.jpg

https://www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/gettyimages-1227496505.jpg

https://www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/gettyimages-1227474040.jpg

ace3g
07-17-2020, 11:23 PM
https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/1284319151679389697

ace3g
07-19-2020, 11:20 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/706942258176614400/tv9P1s33_normal.jpg
Tom Orsborn (https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn)Tom (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=9287)_orsborn
14m (https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1284882135434829826)
Pop on #Spurs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Spurs) scrimmaging Bucks on Thursday and Nets on Saturday: "It’s just another practice. It will just be another day as we move forward for the regular eight games. Just another piece of the process."

(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 1h (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1284870679586906112)
Lonnie Walker IV on the upcoming scrimmage game Thursday: "I think as a team we're excited." He said the "levels of intensity felt different" at practices so far. "We're all excited to play team basketball," said Walker IV.

Dejounte
07-19-2020, 11:55 AM
Lonnie with a lot of praise for Q. We really have no room for Q as ot stands unless some of our guards are traded away (hopefully Mills, Forbes)

ace3g
07-19-2020, 02:15 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1284928861122240514

ace3g
07-19-2020, 02:38 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1284935171968573446

CC1fH7MppgV

Dejounte
07-19-2020, 03:00 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1284935171968573446

CC1fH7MppgV

N A S T Y

Gibbz
07-19-2020, 04:29 PM
CC1fH7MppgV

BIG BODY

tbdog
07-19-2020, 07:50 PM

Sad thing is, his ingenious people are more likely to live in prison than they are to live in their community.

Degoat
07-19-2020, 11:42 PM
I don’t know if this has been discussed but are the scrimmages vs other teams going to be on TV before the season resumes?

Dejounte
07-20-2020, 12:21 AM
I don’t know if this has been discussed but are the scrimmages vs other teams going to be on TV before the season resumes?

I think it would be announced by now, so no. I would follow jeffg or paul garcia on twitter for updates on the game.

exstatic
07-20-2020, 07:21 AM

It’s nothing but a glorified practice. I’m not even sure if they keep score.

ace3g
07-20-2020, 12:02 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1285219368436203522

LongtimeSpursFan
07-20-2020, 02:38 PM
Does Sling TV offer a Spurs season pass with NBA TV games as well for $17.99 a month? Saw it on their website but can’t confirm.

ace3g
07-20-2020, 03:43 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1285312939696816128

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1285311157721538565

ace3g
07-20-2020, 06:31 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1285351438554669057

ace3g
07-20-2020, 07:36 PM
CC4idxpn7Hg

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1285372177429278720

ace3g
07-20-2020, 07:53 PM
So Pacers.com will be streaming the Spurs game on 7/28

Bucks just updated their website and sounds like they are streaming Spurs game on 7/23

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdaSyy8U0AADmXW?format=png&name=large

Waiting to see if Nets game will be streamed/broadcasted anywhere.

Sugus
07-20-2020, 09:44 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1285351438554669057

Insane hang and dexterity. Can't wait.

BackHome
07-21-2020, 08:21 AM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1285312939696816128

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1285311157721538565

Did Keldon hit the side of the backboard on his 2nd or 3rd attempt.lol

Sugus
07-21-2020, 11:54 AM
Did Keldon hit the side of the backboard on his 2nd or 3rd attempt.lol

Lol, he absolutely did, but tbh the shot motion looks really fluid. Much more so than the few GL games I saw him play (though this may be recency bias since it's been long). He's got a beautiful arch on his shot, though the release is slow (ofc we'd have to see it in-game to see how/if he modifies shot form under pressure). And overall, it's promising to see the young players working on their 3 point shot. God knows the Spurs need as much of that as they can get right now, especially with the "stars" of the team and the way they play.

ace3g
07-21-2020, 01:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdeCIOMU8AA7sT8?format=jpg&name=large

Dejounte
07-21-2020, 01:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdeCIOMU8AA7sT8?format=jpg&name=large

My nba tv and league pass says theres no available streams for Thursday's Spurs game.

ace3g
07-21-2020, 07:59 PM
Spurs play Kings in 1st game of restart.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1197929409044504576/nKXnm0aN_normal.jpg

Shams Charania ShamsCharania

(https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania) 29m (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1285733429754105857)
Kings forward Marvin Bagley III will be held out of NBA restart in Orlando due to right foot injury, sources tell me and @sam_amick (https://twitter.com/sam_amick/).

Robz4000
07-21-2020, 08:25 PM
Marvin Bagley III is quickly becoming a bust. Dude can't stay healthy.

ace3g
07-22-2020, 11:46 AM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1285965512900513796

spurs10
07-22-2020, 05:07 PM
There won't be radio either for the scrimmages though I have the 7/28 scrimmage as being on FSSW at 3:00. I hope that is still happening.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2020, 06:13 PM
So Pacers.com will be streaming the Spurs game on 7/28

Bucks just updated their website and sounds like they are streaming Spurs game on 7/23

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdaSyy8U0AADmXW?format=png&name=large

Waiting to see if Nets game will be streamed/broadcasted anywhere.I read this on the Bucks' site:

Per NBA broadcast rules, the scrimmages will only be available to viewers within FOX Sports Wisconsin’s broadcast area.

Maybe Location Guard in Chrome could work.

ace3g
07-22-2020, 06:39 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1286082255325102080

ace3g
07-22-2020, 06:49 PM
I read this on the Bucks' site:

Per NBA broadcast rules, the scrimmages will only be available to viewers within FOX Sports Wisconsin’s broadcast area.

Maybe Location Guard in Chrome could work.

Well damn, that probably means Pacers.com might be the same.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2020, 08:21 PM
Well damn, that probably means Pacers.com might be the same.There will probably be some way to get it.

Sugus
07-22-2020, 08:35 PM
Footage of today's Nuggets and Clippers matches were both available online, so I wouldn't fret about tomorrow. Crazy to think we're actually getting basketball back.

Dejounte
07-22-2020, 09:51 PM
Footage of today's Nuggets and Clippers matches were both available online, so I wouldn't fret about tomorrow. Crazy to think we're actually getting basketball back.

On what site

ace3g
07-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Spurs "Team Restart" Special on NBATV starts at 10:30 pm CST if anyone is interested.

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1287402296993775618

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/06/29/nba-tv-team-restart-series-premieres-july-1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdyWJBbUwAEoi0n?format=jpg&name=large
(https://www.nba.com/article/2020/06/29/nba-tv-team-restart-series-premieres-july-1)

Dejounte
07-26-2020, 04:01 PM
Spurs "Team Restart" Special on NBATV starts at 10:30 pm CST if anyone is interested.

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1287402296993775618

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/06/29/nba-tv-team-restart-series-premieres-july-1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdyWJBbUwAEoi0n?format=jpg&name=large
(https://www.nba.com/article/2020/06/29/nba-tv-team-restart-series-premieres-july-1)

So what happened here? Any good footage?

ismael-robert
07-26-2020, 05:18 PM
Don't know says 1030pm skippy

Dejounte
07-26-2020, 05:46 PM
Don't know says 1030pm skippy

Lmfao thought it said am

ace3g
07-27-2020, 07:19 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1287903621221408768

CDKkYC3onQm

ace3g
07-29-2020, 06:49 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1288619468801871872

CDPok1QokXH

ace3g
07-30-2020, 12:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/868933802126704640/hd4QUdZy_normal.jpg
Dave McMenamin @mcten
(https://twitter.com/mcten) 1h (https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1288861936839516161)
Luke Walton says Alex Len won’t play in the Kings opener against the Spurs. Richaun Holmes and Harrison Barnes will play with no minutes restriction, but Walton will monitor their energy.

absoloot66
07-30-2020, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=ace3g;10207546]https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1288619468801871872

Marco-level D:stirpot::depressed

ace3g
07-30-2020, 04:41 PM
Anyone have access to this article?

https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/1288240406157656067

CDR35EwHxUR

ace3g
07-30-2020, 05:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EeNQFpQXkAEMm_I?format=jpg&name=large

Evan Closky EvanClosky
(https://twitter.com/EvanClosky) 4m (https://twitter.com/EvanClosky/status/1288961483729244166)
No Bryn Forbes tomorrow night. He is OUT.

talkspurs
07-30-2020, 05:36 PM

Evan Closky (https://twitter.com/EvanClosky)Evan (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8486)Closky
4m (https://twitter.com/EvanClosky/status/1288961483729244166)

Sounds like a win to me.

Jordan Jackson
07-30-2020, 06:05 PM
Spurs season about to be saved by a sore quad.

ace3g
07-30-2020, 06:08 PM
Let's go Jazz!!!

Seventyniner
07-30-2020, 06:20 PM
Weird that they include Lyles on the report and not Aldridge. Neither of them will ever be at the bubble, right?

ace3g
07-30-2020, 06:30 PM
Weird that they include Lyles on the report and not Aldridge. Neither of them will ever be at the bubble, right?

Lyles was part of the official restart roster and was in the bubble up until his emergency appendectomy. Standard protocol - he has to be listed on the injury report.

Seventyniner
07-30-2020, 08:05 PM
Lyles was part of the official restart roster and was in the bubble up until his emergency appendectomy. Standard protocol - he has to be listed on the injury report.

I see, thanks. I had thought he never reported to the bubble.

ace3g
07-30-2020, 08:15 PM
Spurs got help from Jazz tonight who beat the Pelicans.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EeN4rQdU8AA2A-y?format=png&name=large

KobesAchilles
07-30-2020, 08:21 PM
Lol Zion. Can’t even practice :lmao Can’t play more than 15 minutes a game :lmao Came back from the break in the greatest shape of his life :lol

TDomination
07-30-2020, 08:30 PM
Good night so far! No Forbes tomorrow and jazz win

ismael-robert
07-31-2020, 12:26 AM

Evan Closky EvanClosky
(https://twitter.com/EvanClosky) 4m (https://twitter.com/EvanClosky/status/1288961483729244166)

U kno pop in his room right now rubbing that one out.
Update: "Miraculous recovery for forbes n he is available for tonight's game!"

ace3g
07-31-2020, 12:46 AM
U kno pop in his room right now rubbing that one out.
Update: "Miraculous recovery for forbes n he is available for tonight's game!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UUyVz2DISY

cjw
07-31-2020, 08:37 AM
Spurs got help from Jazz tonight who beat the Pelicans.

I’m ignoring Memphis for a second because they’ll be hard to catch but will come back to them.

9th seed gets to likely face them, and it’ll depend on winning % because teams have played different number of games:
- Portland will play 74
- Sacramento will play 72
- New Orleans will play 72 (already played one)
- Spurs will play only 71

With same number of losses, Spurs will have the worst winning percentage. So essentially, they need to have the least losses in the group. Beating Sacramento is a huge first step towards getting there, as they’d need to basically just stay even with all the other teams the rest of the way. Losing to SAC means they’d have to make up two on them and one on NO and POR.

Then for there to be a play-in, teams need to be within four games of 8th. Because Memphis plays 73 games, there won’t be any 4.5 or 3.5 as Spurs also have an odd number of games. An even 4 behind should do it.

Am I thinking about this right?

SAGirl
07-31-2020, 11:06 AM
I’m ignoring Memphis for a second because they’ll be hard to catch but will come back to them.

9th seed gets to likely face them, and it’ll depend on winning % because teams have played different number of games:
- Portland will play 74
- Sacramento will play 72
- New Orleans will play 72 (already played one)
- Spurs will play only 71

With same number of losses, Spurs will have the worst winning percentage. So essentially, they need to have the least losses in the group. Beating Sacramento is a huge first step towards getting there, as they’d need to basically just stay even with all the other teams the rest of the way. Losing to SAC means they’d have to make up two on them and one on NO and POR.

Then for there to be a play-in, teams need to be within four games of 8th. Because Memphis plays 73 games, there won’t be any 4.5 or 3.5 as Spurs also have an odd number of games. An even 4 behind should do it.

Am I thinking about this right?
Quality post that got me thinking about tie breakers affecting your % scenarios.

ace3g
08-01-2020, 09:46 PM
https://twitter.com/tiagosplitter/status/1289753439711330304

ace3g
08-04-2020, 01:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1102648018782879746/dzWYu940_normal.jpg

Noah Magaro-George @N_Magaro

(https://twitter.com/N_Magaro) 45m (https://twitter.com/N_Magaro/status/1290695849891303427)
The San Antonio Spurs are playing at the sixth fastest pace (105.3) in the NBA since the restart. Quite a significant jump from the 15th ranked pace (100.6) they were playing at prior to the hiatus.

ace3g
08-12-2020, 01:24 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1293608189708001280

Obi Juan Kenobi
08-12-2020, 02:22 PM
Lol I thought COVID ended buffets...:lol

ace3g
08-15-2020, 03:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfevnSTXsAEFk76?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Efevl-nXkAIREqo?format=jpg&name=large