PDA

View Full Version : AR-15/10 Discussion

DMC
06-28-2020, 03:31 PM
Anyone here into building AR-15/10s?

SpursforSix
06-29-2020, 12:23 PM
Not really. But I tried to reverse engineer a pair of Beats Ultimate Studio Plus Maxs. But once I opened them up, my mind went blank.

Trill Clinton
06-29-2020, 03:59 PM
Not really. But I tried to reverse engineer a pair of Beats Ultimate Studio Plus Maxs. But once I opened them up, my mind went blank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_h55O66uf0

Millennial_Messiah
06-29-2020, 05:55 PM
how do you "build" a gun tbh?

DMC
06-29-2020, 06:42 PM
how do you "build" a gun tbh?

You buy the lower, just a hollow shell with a serial number that requires a background check and all the same stuff a gun requires to purchase, then you put whatever you want on it (that will mate up). You add an upper, barrel, forearm, stock, different QoL additions and an optic. When you're done (if you're ever done) you put a few rounds down range, clean it a couple times and off it goes into your safe. Then you build another one, maybe different caliber, different length, different attachments, etc... Best part is they mostly retain their value.

SpursforSix
06-29-2020, 06:59 PM
You buy the lower, just a hollow shell with a serial number that requires a background check and all the same stuff a gun requires to purchase, then you put whatever you want on it (that will mate up). You add an upper, barrel, forearm, stock, different QoL additions and an optic. When you're done (if you're ever done) you put a few rounds down range, clean it a couple times and off it goes into your safe. Then you build another one, maybe different caliber, different length, different attachments, etc... Best part is they mostly retain their value.

Can you like do a double decker with a shotgun on top and like a 50 cal on bottom?

DJR210
06-29-2020, 07:27 PM
I just bought a .45 and would like to get an AR.. Thinking about building one as well

SpursforSix
06-29-2020, 07:32 PM
For real though...is there a significant savings over just buying one?

CavsSuperFan
06-30-2020, 11:51 AM
I do not believe in guns. “Violence begets violence”. Since doubling up on my hot yoga and power walking I feel that I myself am a dangerous weapon.
However Mother is a gun nut and she just put together an AR from PWS, Primary weapons system of Idaho. The best gunsmiths across the USA have left their state and moved to Idaho to avoid frivolous lawsuits. The best factories and designs are now in Idaho. The PWS line incorporates “piston driven operating systems”. No jamming.

chunticakes
06-30-2020, 12:02 PM
I just bought a .45 and would like to get an AR.. Thinking about building one as well

What kinda .45 did you get? 1911s are my favorite guns.

phxspurfan
06-30-2020, 01:00 PM
I do not believe in guns. “Violence begets violence”. Since doubling up on my hot yoga and power walking I feel that I myself am a dangerous weapon.
However Mother is a gun nut and she just put together an AR from PWS, Primary weapons system of youdaho. The best gunsmiths across the USA have left their state and moved to youdaho to avoid frivolous lawsuits. The best factories and designs are now in youdaho. The PWS line incorporates “piston driven operating systems”. No jamming.

FIFY, tbh

SpursforSix
06-30-2020, 01:24 PM
However Mother is a gun nut and she just put together an AR from PWS, Primary weapons system of Idaho. The best gunsmiths across the USA have left their state and moved to Idaho to avoid frivolous lawsuits. The best factories and designs are now in Idaho. The PWS line incorporates “piston driven operating systems”. No jamming.

Bend over, I'll fucking show you a piston driven operating system.

DJR210
06-30-2020, 04:40 PM
What kinda .45 did you get? 1911s are my favorite guns.

The Governor Revolver from S&W.. Love it.. It chambers 3 rounds

chunticakes
06-30-2020, 05:22 PM
The Governor Revolver from S&W.. Love it.. It chambers 3 rounds

That is a nice hand cannon. I have a S&W 629 in .44 I got for cheap a few years ago. The bad thing is it came in a 4" barrel so it feels like my hand is gonna come off every time I shoot it. :lol

Xevious
06-30-2020, 07:04 PM
I'm more into hand guns tbh. I do have some long guns but I never got into ARs for whatever reason.

Xevious
06-30-2020, 07:09 PM
I miss shooting though. I haven't been to a range since the COVID shit started. I have a decent amount of ammo in all the calibers I own, but I don't want to shoot it all up.

DMC
06-30-2020, 08:53 PM
I'm more into hand guns tbh. I do have some long guns but I never got into ARs for whatever reason.

Mix it up, the CZ Scorpion is a 9mm sexy bitch. You can do some pretty cool custom shit with it. Also you could build an AR pistol, basically an SBR without the tax stamp.

DMC
06-30-2020, 08:54 PM
I miss shooting though. I haven't been to a range since the COVID shit started. I have a decent amount of ammo in all the calibers I own, but I don't want to shoot it all up.

You need to sell it to me.

DMC
06-30-2020, 08:55 PM
Can you like do a double decker with a shotgun on top and like a 50 cal on bottom?

Not on the AR platform but you could. Bend over, I'll show you a shotgun on top with a 50 on the bottom.

Xevious
06-30-2020, 08:56 PM
Mix it up, the CZ Scorpion is a 9mm sexy bitch. You can do some pretty cool custom shit with it. Also you could build an AR pistol, basically an SBR without the tax stamp.
Yeah, some type of 9mm carbine is on my short list of stuff to get next.

SpursforSix
06-30-2020, 09:10 PM
Was at an auction and they had some guns for sale. Had a brand new Uzi with the case. I looked it over and saw the selector switch. “S” and “F”. Semi and full. I paid $800 for it. Turns out that wasn’t the selector switch. F for fire and S for safety.

DMC
06-30-2020, 09:22 PM
Was at an auction and they had some guns for sale. Had a brand new Uzi with the case. I looked it over and saw the selector switch. “S” and “F”. Semi and full. I paid $800 for it. Turns out that wasn’t the selector switch. F for fire and S for safety.

You cannot buy a full auto uzi for 800. You won't even get the sear for under about 5K.

Millennial_Messiah
06-30-2020, 09:40 PM

Too bad it wasn't pointing up at your head when you accidentally pressed "F".

SnakeBoy
07-01-2020, 02:57 AM

I've never been able to get into the AR thing either. Mostly like nostalgic guns, lever action rifles & revolvers. Although I recently picked up an FN 509 on an impulse buy. My first semi handgun and I like shooting it way more than I thought I would. Now I want a 1911.

Technically it's my 2nd semi auto handgun. I have a mint condition Jennings Bryco 380 a friend gave me a long time ago but I've always been scared to shoot it lol.

SpursforSix
07-01-2020, 09:13 AM
You cannot buy a full auto uzi for 800. You won't even get the sear for under about 5K.

No shit. But you never know at a small town auction. It would have been illegal for them to sell a fully auto at a public auction. My thought at the time was that no one (but the clever, me) realized it was fully auto.

SpursforSix
07-01-2020, 09:16 AM
Too bad it wasn't pointing up at your head when you accidentally pressed "F".

That's a mean thing to say to someone that was going to have lunch with you.

Millennial_Messiah
07-01-2020, 10:22 AM
That's a mean thing to say to someone that was going to have lunch with you.

lol, eye for an eye though... you've said that kind of thing to me in the past as well

DMC
07-01-2020, 12:50 PM
No shit. But you never know at a small town auction. It would have been illegal for them to sell a fully auto at a public auction. My thought at the time was that no one (but the clever, me) realized it was fully auto.

And you would have owned it illegally because it requires a transfer if it's a transferable weapon. Otherwise it's worth about 10 years in jail

SpursforSix
07-01-2020, 01:04 PM
And you would have owned it illegally because it requires a transfer if it's a transferable weapon. Otherwise it's worth about 10 years in jail

Yeah...but it's not like I was going to advertise it. Also, I'd have a pretty legit defense in saying I didn't know it was fully auto.

DJR210
07-01-2020, 02:06 PM
You need to sell it to me.

targetsportsusa.com has everything you need, I believe most of the COVID backorder is done except maybe on the most popular choices.. I had to wait 2 weeks for my order to ship back in May

Xevious
07-01-2020, 02:46 PM
targetsportsusa.com has everything you need, I believe most of the COVID backorder is done except maybe on the most popular choices.. I had to wait 2 weeks for my order to ship back in May
I think there was another run on shit after the riots, but online is probably the only way to go right now.

Xevious
07-01-2020, 02:46 PM
dp

Millennial_Messiah
07-01-2020, 03:27 PM
Not in Texas or most southern states. But go to a northeast state like NY or commiefornia and yeah, more prison time for having a gun than raping kids. :lol

DMC
07-01-2020, 08:46 PM
Yeah...but it's not like I was going to advertise it. Also, I'd have a pretty legit defense in saying I didn't know it was fully auto.

You couldn't give me one. You can make your semi-auto full just as illegally by replacing a simple sear.

DMC
07-01-2020, 08:51 PM
Not in Texas or most southern states. But go to a northeast state like NY or commiefornia and yeah, more prison time for having a gun than raping kids. :lol

Sec. 46.05. PROHIBITED WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:

(1) an explosive weapon;

(2) a machine gun;

(3) a short-barrel firearm;

(4) a firearm silencer;

(5) knuckles;

(6) armor-piercing ammunition;

(7) a chemical dispensing device;

(8) a zip gun; or

(9) a tire deflation device.

(b) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor’s conduct was incidental to the performance of official duty by the armed forces or national guard, a governmental law enforcement agency, or a correctional facility.

The code then goes on to clarify the instances under which civilian possession of an NFA item is legal:

(c) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor’s possession was pursuant to registration pursuant to the National Firearms Act, as amended.

So you must have a legal transfer and the firearm must have a legally transferable serial number registered with the ATF. The "not in Texas" line is just bullshit.

Millennial_Messiah
07-01-2020, 09:32 PM
Sec. 46.05. PROHIBITED WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:

(1) an explosive weapon;

(2) a machine gun;

(4) a firearm silencer;

(5) knuckles;

(8) a zip gun; or

(b) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor’s conduct was incidental to the performance of official duty by the armed forces or national guard, a governmental law enforcement agency, or a correctional facility.

The code then goes on to clarify the instances under which civilian possession of an NFA item is legal:

(c) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor’s possession was pursuant to registration pursuant to the National Firearms Act, as amended.

So you must have a legal transfer and the firearm must have a legally transferable serial number registered with the ATF. The "not in Texas" line is just bullshit.

They de-criminalized brass knuckles in Texas last year. Crazy it was outlawed here until now.

Honestly, they need to de-criminalize all firearms. Reagan was a traitor.

SpursforSix
07-02-2020, 11:11 AM

(1) an explosive weapon;

(2) a machine gun;

(4) a firearm silencer;

(5) knuckles;

(8) a zip gun; or

Is "tire deflation device" defined somewhere else? Because that seems pretty broad.

SpursforSix
07-02-2020, 11:14 AM
Is "tire deflation device" defined somewhere else? Because that seems pretty broad.

nm...it actually is defined

(17) "Tire deflation device" means a device, including a caltrop or spike strip, that, when driven over, impedes or stops the movement of a wheeled vehicle by puncturing one or more of the vehicle's tires. The term does not include a traffic control device that:
(A) is designed to puncture one or more of a vehicle's tires when driven over in a specific direction; and
(B) has a clearly visible sign posted in close proximity to the traffic control device that prohibits entry or warns motor vehicle operators of the traffic control device.

DMC
07-02-2020, 01:55 PM

Spike strip

Law enforcement officials use tire deflation devices as a way to disable target vehicles. They work by utilizing a row of spikes to pierce tires, effecting a controlled deflation. Tire deflation devices can end road chases without the danger caused by a tire blowout.

SpursforSix
07-02-2020, 01:59 PM
I think it's a valve stem remover tbh

No.

But I had a friend that had a valve stem remover and if someone parked like an asshole (parking in handicap, taking up two spaces, etc.), he'd use it on their car.

DMC
I think there was another run on shit after the riots, but online is probably the only way to go right now.

You probably won't find any ready to ship ammo that's factory new. You'll get remanufactured shit at new prices.

DMC
No.

But I had a friend that had a valve stem remover and if someone parked like an asshole (parking in handicap, taking up two spaces, etc.), he'd use it on their car.

edited then I saw your post.

FrostKing
07-03-2020, 02:27 AM
https://youtu.be/T4PIdH-FrNw

DMC
07-03-2020, 11:02 AM
https://youtu.be/T4PIdH-FrNw

Absolutely nothing to do with AR10/15

Millennial_Messiah
07-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Absolutely nothing to do with AR10/15

GuNs R gUnS doe

Millennial_Messiah
07-03-2020, 01:40 PM
More interested in obtaining fully automatic firearms than this tbh.

DMC
07-03-2020, 06:29 PM
More interested in obtaining fully automatic firearms than this tbh.

Then do it. You can buy a transferable Colt M16 for about 30K. With the amount you make you should be looking toward Eugene Stoner or a Thompson.