PDA

View Full Version : Your weaknesses and strengths...

ZStomp
11-07-2005, 03:43 PM
So I have interview next Thursday and a friend of mine suggested that I think of some of my strengths and weaknesses. While I can think of my strengths but I am having some trouble of thinking of my weaknesses. That's not to say I don't have any ..but why am I having trouble with coming up with them. Any suggestions/advice?

I know you don't know my personally but what are some of the weaknesses that you have used. What should I use without sounding like a loser?

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated....

~Z

nkdlunch
11-07-2005, 03:49 PM
ahhhh come on :rolleyes. You know your weaknesses, just have the balls to admit them :)

I always thought those interview questions were stupid though

Old School Chic
11-07-2005, 03:49 PM
So I have interview next Thursday and a friend of mine suggested that I think of some of my strengths and weaknesses. While I can think of my strengths but I am having some trouble of thinking of my weaknesses. That's not to say I don't have any ..but why am I having trouble with coming up with them. Any suggestions/advice?

I know you don't know my personally but what are some of the weaknesses that you have used. What should I use without sounding like a loser?

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated....

~Z

Being too shy with the ladies.

ZStomp
11-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Being too shy with the ladies.

:wow

hey now!

Kori Ellis
11-07-2005, 03:53 PM
You have to use weaknesses that can be spinned into a positive as far as the job is concerned.

Weaknesses:
Workaholic
Demanding
Perfectionist

ZStomp
ahhhh come on :rolleyes. You know your weaknesses, just have the balls to admit them :)

I always thought those interview questions were stupid though

I know it sounds stupid to not be able to say 'your weaknesses' but I dont' want to say something that would make me appear to be a douche bag. So I thought I would ask here.

The sone
You have to use weaknesses that can be spinned into a positive as far as the job is concerned.

Weaknesses:
Workaholic
Demanding
Perfectionist

thats exactly what i told him...he no listen... :depressed :depressed

Old School Chic
:wow

hey now!

Just Kidding.

I hate when they ask all those silly questions.

ZStomp

Weaknesses:
Workaholic
Demanding
Perfectionist

Perfectionist! That's what The Sone just said to me!

ZStomp
11-07-2005, 03:54 PM

Weaknesses:
Workaholic
Demanding
Perfectionist

Yea, thats very good advice. But even after the sone gave me that..I was drawing blanks..:)

Thanks Kori...

50 cent
11-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Always use things you can spin into positives for the job like Kori said.

"I tend to procrastinate at times, however, this can be to my advantage since I work best when my back is up against the wall."

Mr. Ash
11-07-2005, 04:03 PM

Weaknesses:
Workaholic
Demanding
Perfectionist

Just try not to be too transparent about it; seasoned interviewers may not appriciate you dodging a question. Just be honest and follow it up with some mitigating details: "I am often a little too demanding of my peers and subordinates, and I am trying to find the balance between letting others set their own schedules and ensuring they get the job done."

Mr. Peabody
11-07-2005, 04:05 PM
You should say that you have a very violent temper and a tendency to steal.
________
Roll a joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

King
11-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Impatience with yourself - lack of delayed gratification.

And those Kori mentioned.

Mr. Ash
11-07-2005, 04:07 PM
You should say that you have a very violent temper and a tendency to steal.

Spun: "I have an inexoriable passion about my work and I will steal your heart?"

MiNuS
11-07-2005, 04:12 PM
kryptonite and spinach,respectively.

Shelly
11-07-2005, 04:13 PM
aww...you need to answer drugs and loose wimmen.

JoeChalupa
11-07-2005, 04:18 PM
My weakness is that I have too many strengths.

thispego
11-07-2005, 04:34 PM
tell them you have a larcenous heart
you'll be hired on the spot

1Parker1
11-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Z

Like Kori said, you have to use weaknesses that can be turned in positives. For example, you can say that one of your biggest weaknesses is that you are a perfectionist and you expect those you work with to be the same way. Then you can go into some BS-made up "group project" you worked on which showed this weakness. Then be like, however, after completeing that project, I am beginining to realize that not everyone has the same definition of perfect and that in the work-place it's more important that I learn how to work well with others. I now see that being a perfectionist, I may be limiting myself to others ideas and not being as open. I've learned that while it's ok to want to be a perfectionists, it's a task that is almost impossible to achieve all the time and that sometimes, I need to just go with the flow.

....Or some similiar BS. If you need any more help, let me know. I am a professional bull-shitter (:oops that didn't come out the way I thought it would)

Good Luck!

Jimcs50
11-07-2005, 07:34 PM
I have a couple of tips.

If the interviewer is a women:

"One of my weaknesses is that when I am in the presense of a beautiful woman, I get shy"....then look at her and blush.

If the interviewer is a man:

"One of my weaknesses is that I let my wife fuck my friends and associates."

:)

Jimcs50
11-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Z

Like Kori said, you have to use weaknesses that can be turned in positives. For example, you can say that one of your biggest weaknesses is that you are a perfectionist and you expect those you work with to be the same way. Then you can go into some BS-made up "group project" you worked on which showed this weakness. Then be like, however, after completeing that project, I am beginining to realize that not everyone has the same definition of perfect and that in the work-place it's more important that I learn how to work well with others. I now see that being a perfectionist, I may be limiting myself to others ideas and not being as open. I've learned that while it's ok to want to be a perfectionists, it's a task that is almost impossible to achieve all the time and that sometimes, I need to just go with the flow.

....Or some similiar BS. If you need any more help, let me know. I am a professional bull-shitter (:oops that didn't come out the way I thought it would)

Good Luck!

Is that what you learned in the Ivy League?

:lol

tw05baller
11-07-2005, 08:07 PM
pie

ZStomp
11-07-2005, 08:14 PM
I actually will be in front of a board of three people....it won't be one on one...i appreciate for all the replys and it really is helping..keep them coming...

Jimcs50
11-07-2005, 08:16 PM
I actually will be in front of a board of three people....it won't be one on one...i appreciate for all the replys and it really is helping..keep them coming...

Well then....just ignore my previous suggestion.

:)

jcrod
11-07-2005, 09:43 PM
tell them even though I'm a short I accomplish tall tasks.

Tell them not to be fooled by your consistent happy face, you are the most fericious/determined worker.

Tell them you don't mind dirty work, then start showing them some of the most gruesome shit you've had to collect/clean at work

1Parker1
11-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Is that what you learned in the Ivy League?

I have a couple of tips.

If the interviewer is a women:

"One of my weaknesses is that when I am in the presense of a beautiful woman, I get shy"....then look at her and blush.

If the interviewer is a man:

"One of my weaknesses is that I let my wife fuck my friends and associates."

Is that what you learned in Dental School?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-07-2005, 10:44 PM
well for starters you don't like family matters

ZStomp
11-07-2005, 10:49 PM
well for starters you don't like family matters

I never said I didn't like it..it's not the best show ever...or close to it. :)

Gatita
11-07-2005, 10:59 PM

Weaknesses:
Workaholic
Demanding
Perfectionist

Bingo!!

#1 reason.

Always a good one to use.

Always the one I would use or suggest in using. :tu

Faccia di Angelo
11-07-2005, 11:14 PM
I know you pretty well. You're scared to face the truth, thats why. Your weaknesses:

You're mean
You expect nothing less than perfection from everyone
You're mean
You're brutally honest
You watch too much tv
You miss work for Spurs games
Did I mention you're mean?

I think you need to work on these things A-SAP and turn them into positives as others mentioned before going in front of any type of board or committee to get that Coaching job for the Women's softball team. Even they have expectations. Good luck!

ZStomp
11-07-2005, 11:57 PM
I know you pretty well. You're scared to face the truth, thats why. Your weaknesses:

You're mean
You're mean
You're brutally honest
You watch too much tv

I think you need to work on these things A-SAP and turn them into positives as others mentioned before going in front of any type of board or committee to get that Coaching job for the Women's softball team. Even they have expectations. Good luck!

:flipoff

N.Y. Johnny
11-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Good luck on your interview bro,

hey i sent you a pm

ZStomp
11-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Good luck on your interview bro,

hey i sent you a pm

You did?

N.Y. Johnny
11-08-2005, 12:03 AM
yeah bro,

and that post was total Bravo Sierra

by the way 32 is avoiding me like the plague :spin

ZStomp
11-08-2005, 12:04 AM
yeah bro,

and that post was total Bravo Sierra

by the way 32 is avoiding me like the plague :spin

What post? by #32?

N.Y. Johnny
11-08-2005, 12:09 AM
What post? by #32?

Yeah... A is just teasin you man...you're not so mean...I'm the mean one remember?? Hey, come on FA answer your phone and unblock me :smokin

anyways thanks man, and good luck again

Faccia di Angelo
11-08-2005, 12:43 AM
You're just mean when you want to be ;) Of course I'm teasing you, you know that. I know I've told you how very proud I am of you. I know everything will work out and you'll get this, because you deserve it. I'm taking you out for a good time remember!! :angel

My phone isn't ringing #34 lol

LuvBones
11-08-2005, 01:05 AM
^ Angel, you forgot to say that Z is anal and has OCD. :lol

:p :p

ZStomp
11-08-2005, 03:35 AM
^ Angel, you forgot to say that Z is anal and has OCD. :lol

:p :p

And!?!?!?

ZStomp
11-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Z

Good Luck!

I was checking this thread before I hit the sack. In 12 hours I will either be knee deep into the interview or be done. Thanks 1P1...good stuff.

alamo50
11-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I tell them that my strength is being a perfectionist, but at the same time that could be my weakness.
Depending on the type of job they will hire you on the spot or tell you they will keep in touch.

ZStomp
11-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Just got back and everything went well. All three board members 'passed' me! Yay! It was a little stressful and to be honest, I was a bit surprised by the outcome but pleasantly surprised!! :)

:elephant

N.Y. Johnny
11-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Just got back and everything went well. All three board members 'passed' me! Yay! It was a little stressful and to be honest, I was a bit surprised by the outcome but pleasantly surprised!! :)

Hey that's great bro!!....Good to see it all went well man...good job

1Parker1
11-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Yay! Did you use my suggestions? :eyebrows

ZStomp
11-10-2005, 02:02 PM
You know they never asked me my strengths and weaknesses...but I'm still glad I started thread. :) You never know if they will ask this later in the process.

You're mean
You're mean
You're brutally honest
You watch too much tv

I'm brutally honest?

The sone
11-10-2005, 02:04 PM

cheee-heeee-heeeee-heeeaaaappppp!!!