PDA

View Full Version : OT: Warriors’ Stephen Curry blasts NFL’s ‘Black national anthem’ idea

ducks
07-05-2020, 05:16 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-news-stephen-curry-blasts-nfls-black-national-anthem-idea/?fbclid=IwAR0yu6zFTTUGmQzqZbaJnsJQlAE9xh6H5nVhuUW-RiWhJwzZerlks7utn6Y

lefty
07-05-2020, 05:48 PM
He clearly wants a mixed one

Spurtacular
07-05-2020, 07:34 PM
He'll get a talking to and issue an apology within 48 hours. Book it.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2020, 09:21 PM
wants everyone to feel sorry, but actually nobody feels sorry to that ethnic race, people only care about are you contributing to society

400years in america, yet still behaving like they are in africa, yet there are parts of africa is more establish then black neighborhoods, is this why the mainland educated professional africans who goto america always look down on black americans who didnt make better use of the better opportunities to further themselves yet continue to live thuglife

Dirks_Finale
07-05-2020, 11:05 PM
True.

He'll get a talking to and issue an apology within 48 hours. Book it.

Millennial_Messiah
07-06-2020, 09:20 AM
Curry is very much a liberal, so this isn't analogous to the Brees situation. He's just (rightfully) saying that it won't solve problems or actually change or fix anything that the BLM movement wants, such as less police power and capability, police getting punished for abusing their privilege and power, shorter sentences for black criminals, quotas for Black LGBTQers in workplace and government, etc.

MultiTroll
07-06-2020, 09:40 AM
Were the 13 killed in Chicago B on B killings?

And the 8 year old little girl shot in Atlanta near the peaceful mob, was she shot by a black?

Currys
“Can someone please explain to me how this solves anything???????”
is legit?

Spurtacular
07-06-2020, 10:46 PM
Curry is very much a liberal, so this isn't analogous to the Brees situation. He's just (rightfully) saying that it won't solve problems or actually change or fix anything that the BLM movement wants, such as less police power and capability, police getting punished for abusing their privilege and power, shorter sentences for black criminals, quotas for Black LGBTQers in workplace and government, etc.

That and being "black" is the only reasons he hasn't been coerced to give an apology. I may not have been giving that enough credence when I called that booking.
Double takes is all.

TheGreatYacht

Dirks_Finale
07-07-2020, 11:24 AM
Haven't followed this...has Curry genuflected to BLM and Antifa yet?

DAF86
07-07-2020, 11:31 AM
I'm with Curry on this one. I fail to see how special treatment leads to equality. In the year 2050 we will have to sit through 90 minutes of anthem singing before watching a game, one for each group of people in the US.

Dirks_Finale
07-07-2020, 11:45 AM
In the year 2050 we will have to sit through 90 minutes of anthem singing before watching a game, one for each group of people in the US.

Hopefully all the white shaming and BAD WHITEY! speeches have ceased by then.

FrostKing
07-07-2020, 08:44 PM
https://i.ibb.co/DYx9PGd/Screenshot-2020-07-07-18-40-52-1.png

Loeffler wrote, "I adamantly oppose the Black Lives Matter political movement, which has advocated for the defunding of police, called for the removal of Jesus from churches and the disruption of the nuclear family structure, harbored anti-Semitic views, and promoted violence and destruction across the country. I believe it is totally misaligned with the values and goals of the WNBA and the Atlanta Dream, where we support tolerance and inclusion."

She told Engelbert that she was "incredibly disappointed to read about efforts to insert a political platform into the league," adding, "The truth is, we need less -- not more politics in sports. In a time when polarizing politics is as divisive as ever, sports has the power to be a unifying antidote. And now more than ever, we should be united in our goal to remove politics from sports."

spurraider21
07-07-2020, 08:45 PM
he should shut up and dribble

DAF86
07-07-2020, 09:35 PM

Loeffler wrote, "I adamantly oppose the Black Lives Matter political movement, which has advocated for the defunding of police, called for the removal of Jesus from churches and the disruption of the nuclear family structure, harbored anti-Semitic views, and promoted violence and destruction across the country. I believe it is totally misaligned with the values and goals of the WNBA and the Atlanta Dream, where we support tolerance and inclusion."

She told Engelbert that she was "incredibly disappointed to read about efforts to insert a political platform into the league," adding, "The truth is, we need less -- not more politics in sports. In a time when polarizing politics is as divisive as ever, sports has the power to be a unifying antidote. And now more than ever, we should be united in our goal to remove politics from sports."

So she wants less politics, yet she wants to insert a US flag on the jerseys? Hypocritical, tbh.

Spurtacular
07-08-2020, 05:16 AM
he should shut up and dribble

Same with Lebron.

Spurtacular
07-08-2020, 05:19 AM

Solid move (even though I don't like this bitch).

FrostKing
07-08-2020, 10:56 AM
No counter arguments to her statement. Just lobbing the R-word at her

Spurtacular
07-12-2020, 12:06 PM
So she wants less politics, yet she wants to insert a US flag on the jerseys? Hypocritical, tbh.

:lmao That the American flag is political to the commie left.

DAF86
07-12-2020, 01:40 PM
:lmao That the American flag is political to the commie left.

Every flag is political, tbh. The very invention of flags had a clear and unabashedly political intention. And there isn't anything wrong with it, tbh. The problem on this particular case is that asking for less politics on sports and asking for flags to be stamped on jerseys is an hypocritical contradiction.

Spurtacular
07-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Every flag is political, tbh. The very invention of flags had a clear and unabashedly political intention. And there isn't anything wrong with it, tbh. The problem on this particular case is that asking for less politics on sports and asking for flags to be stamped on jerseys is an hypocritical contradiction.

Fair enough. But I'm saying if the flag is too controversial and BLM isn't, then maybe you got issues.

DAF86
07-12-2020, 07:14 PM
Fair enough. But I'm saying if the flag is too controversial and BLM isn't, then maybe you got issues.

I didn't say either of those things, tbh. I was just pointing out the contradiction of this woman.

Chris
07-12-2020, 07:41 PM
Curry is a real one

Spurtacular
07-12-2020, 07:52 PM
I didn't say either of those things, tbh. I was just pointing out the contradiction of this woman.

I don't think it's really a contradiction. Your argument is semantical. If the American flag is political, then everything is political.
Thus, the flag is only a representation of what is best about us; freedom, democracy, unity, etc. and is meant to be apolitical on some level.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-21-2020, 12:07 AM
what if you're not american

still gotta rep the stars and bars?