PDA

View Full Version : Texas Covid actuals. What's "really" happening. Don't believe the numbers.

Pages : [1] 2

midnightpulp
07-13-2020, 08:57 PM
I don't care who or what benefits politically from fewer or more coronavirus deaths. I just want the truth.

So I looked far deeper into Texas's reported deaths, while guided on the process by dime novelist Alex Berenson, the only voice of "reason" through this pandemic, and here's what I found.

We know Texas reported 80 deaths today, which is worrying since Mondays are typically slow reporting days. If you listened to the "Lamestream Media," you'd think there's a zombie invasion happening in the Lone Star state. Nope. Let's start digging.

Breaking it down:

- 75 deaths reported today actually occurred from April 7 to May 11. Can we say backlog?

- 55 of those deaths occurred in people 95 and older. And more importantly, they died with Covid, not from Covid.

- 10 of those deaths were from "Extreme Fatness." Extreme Fatness is a condition a level above morbid obesity, usually requiring a mobility scooter and/or forklift to get around in the world. They simply died "with" Covid. We know this because the postmortems on these patients reveled Cardiac Collapse, which is when the fat literally crushes your heart, not unlike an avalanche crushing a cabin in the woods.

- 4 of those deaths were from "Yee Hawing." A condition unique to Texans. Yee Hawing is death by non-suicidal self-inflicted gunshot wound or accidental death by gunshot wound. Investigation into the manner death revealed these patients literally tried to shoot the virus with their guns and wound up killing themselves by ricochet. But they tested positive for Covid, so they were counted as Covid deaths.

- 3 deaths were the result of drinking bleach.

- 2 deaths were the result of an industrial accidents with deep fryers.

- 1 death was the result of suicide by brisket. Investigations revealed massive internal bleeding as a result of stomach rupture from eating too much brisket. Suicide was confirmed as the manner of death when investigators found a DVD labeled, "Dallas Cowboys: The Last Twenty Seasons" in the victim's DVD player. This definitely proves he didn't gorge himself to death by accident (which is also another common manner of death in Texas).

So what about the remaining five deaths? Yes, legitimate FROM Covid deaths. But the ages in question were 101, 98, 96, 93, 91.

NOTHING about Texas's situation justifies ANY economic closures. Hospitals are nowhere near being overwhelmed or even strained. Don't let the media fear monger you into believing different.

baseline bum
07-13-2020, 09:07 PM
you forget ifr lower than the flu

Xevious
07-13-2020, 09:20 PM
Where's your youtube source for this information?

hater
07-13-2020, 09:27 PM
Brisket is more deadly tbqh.

Quarantine barbie grills and open up gyms and bars imo

ChumpDumper
07-13-2020, 09:29 PM
If it was Bill Miller brisket it was definitely suicide.

baseline bum
07-13-2020, 09:31 PM
Where's your youtube source for this information?

CDC, find it on your own

midnightpulp
07-13-2020, 09:31 PM
If it was Bill Miller brisket it was definitely suicide.

:lol

diego
07-13-2020, 09:48 PM
I don't care who or what benefits politically from fewer or more coronavirus deaths. I just want the truth.

So I looked far deeper into Texas's reported deaths, while guided on the process by dime novelist Alex Berenson, the only voice of "reason" through this pandemic, and here's what I found.

We know Texas reported 80 deaths today, which is worrying since Mondays are typically slow reporting days. If you listened to the "Lamestream Media," you'd think there's a zombie invasion happening in the Lone Star state. Nope. Let's start digging.

Breaking it down:

- 75 deaths reported today actually occurred from April 7 to May 11. Can we say backlog?

- 55 of those deaths occurred in people 95 and older. And more importantly, they died with Covid, not from Covid.

- 10 of those deaths were from "Extreme Fatness." Extreme Fatness is a condition a level above morbid obesity, usually requiring a mobility scooter and/or forklift to get around in the world. They simply died "with" Covid. We know this because the postmortems on these patients reveled Cardiac Collapse, which is when the fat literally crushes your heart, not unlike an avalanche crushing a cabin in the woods.

- 4 of those deaths were from "Yee Hawing." A condition unique to Texans. Yee Hawing is death by non-suicidal self-inflicted gunshot wound or accidental death by gunshot wound. Investigation into the manner death revealed these patients literally tried to shoot the virus with their guns and wound up killing themselves by ricochet. But they tested positive for Covid, so they were counted as Covid deaths.

- 1 death was the result of suicide by brisket. Investigations revealed massive internal bleeding as a result of stomach rupture from eating too much brisket. Suicide was confirmed as the manner of death when investigators found a DVD labeled, "Dallas Cowboys: The Last Twenty Seasons" in the victim's DVD player. This definitely proves he didn't gorge himself to death by accident (which is also another common manner of death in Texas).

So what about the remaining five deaths? Yes, legitimate FROM Covid deaths. But the ages in question were 101, 98, 96, 93, 91.

NOTHING about Texas's situation justifies ANY economic closures. Hospitals are nowhere near being overwhelmed or even strained. Don't let the media fear monger you into believing different.

Im working on a graph of expected bleach deaths, its going to really confuse the laymen! :lol

tholdren
07-13-2020, 09:52 PM

Breaking it down:

And?

midnightpulp
07-13-2020, 10:15 PM
And?

Lot of people dying from extreme fatness.

DMC
07-13-2020, 10:27 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6pNSrKr.jpg

Obviously caused by the major roadways. Something on the roads are causing these cases to increase. Just look at where the major roads exist. Coincidence? I think not.

pgardn
07-13-2020, 10:42 PM

Obviously caused by the major roadways. Something on the roads are causing these cases to increase. Just look at where the major roads exist. Coincidence? I think not.

You left out I-10

And you can connect CC to Brownsville if you want.
Or was Brownsville due to the rapists from Mexico?

ChumpDumper
07-13-2020, 10:45 PM

Obviously caused by the major roadways. Something on the roads are causing these cases to increase. Just look at where the major roads exist. Coincidence? I think not.Did you draw on that yourself?

Down Under
07-14-2020, 01:14 AM
8/10

ElNono
07-14-2020, 04:37 AM

Breaking it down:

75+7+11+55+10+4+3+2+1+101+98+96+93+91 = 647 + COVID-19 = 666

OP is Bill Gates!!!

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 06:43 AM
75+7+11+55+10+4+3+2+1+101+98+96+93+91 = 647 + COVID-19 = 666

OP is Bill Gates!!!

boutons_deux
07-14-2020, 06:56 AM
"excess deaths" during pandemic may never be clarified because red/Repug states are lying, on death certs, that 1000s of excess deaths by red/Repug state pneumonia deaths rather than C19 cause.

rightwingnutjobs "flooding the zone with shit" rather than accept that they are the cause of America's pandemic shit show

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

LkrFan
07-14-2020, 09:06 AM

LkrFan
07-14-2020, 09:06 AM

DMC
07-14-2020, 09:18 AM
You left out I-10

And you can connect CC to Brownsville if you want.
Or was Brownsville due to the rapists from Mexico?

Oh OK, Thanks McNally.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 10:15 AM
Oh OK, Thanks McNally.Did you draw that yourself?

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 10:19 AM
People are dying of old age. The sky is falling. :lol

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 10:20 AM
smh

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 10:21 AM
smh

Know anybody who's died of YeeHawing, bro?

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 10:22 AM
Know anybody who's died of YeeHawing, bro?:lol

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 10:22 AM
Im working on a graph of expected bleach deaths, its going to really confuse the laymen! :lol
TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)

Been around this block a bunch of times before COVID. These idiots mess up something royally and then they try to desperately make a narrative about their opposition being stupid.
Midnight Gulp literally thought the red line was actual deaths and that the COVID deaths line below it should be doubly higher to be higher to reach it (and that it was under-reported). When he was explained that this is not so, he didn't just say well, I fucked up. He and his cult followers do this stupid shit instead.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 10:24 AM

Been around this block a bunch of times before COVID. These idiots mess up something royally and then they try to desperately make a narrative about their opposition being stupid.
Midnight Gulp literally thought the red line was actual deaths and that the COVID deaths line below it should be doubly higher to be higher to reach it (and that it was under-reported). When he was explained that this is not so, he didn't just say well, I fucked up. He and his cult followers do this stupid shit instead.

:lmao Still digging with that. Even with 3 days to think about it, you still don't understand it.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 10:34 AM
:lmao Still digging with that. Even with 3 days to think about it, you still don't understand it.

You do ad hominem cos you failed miserably.

You indicated the red line was actual deaths and that the COVID line was under-reported for not being closer to it.

You're a dishonest person. That's unfortunate. You're a true chumpette through and through.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 10:34 AM

Midnight Gulp literally thought the red line was actual deaths and that the COVID deaths line below it should be doubly higher to be higher to reach it (and that it was under-reported). When he was explained that this is not so, he didn't just say well, I fucked up. He and his cult followers do this stupid shit instead.:rollin

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 10:39 AM
You do ad hominem cos you failed miserably.

You indicated the red line was actual deaths and that the COVID line was under-reported for not being closer to it.

You're a dishonest person. That's unfortunate. You're a true chumpette through and through.

No, I do ad hominem because if I were to clearly explain it to you, you'd just keep doubling-down so you wouldn't have to admit to being wrong. It's VERY CLEAR you don't understand what that graph is trying to illustrate.

Now, do you want to check your ego and let me explain it? Or will you continue being obstinate?

Splits
07-14-2020, 10:39 AM

Damn, didn't realize brisket-season started in mid-June

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 10:41 AM

Damn, didn't realize brisket-season started in mid-June

I hate laughing at this shit, but we need some humor.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 11:03 AM
No, I do ad hominem because if I were to clearly explain it to you, you'd just keep doubling-down so you wouldn't have to admit to being wrong. It's VERY CLEAR you don't understand what that graph is trying to illustrate.

Now, do you want to check your ego and let me explain it? Or will you continue being obstinate?

SMH Trying to justify your ad hominem.

You said the red line was actual deaths (like the common lazy idiot was supposed to think). You erred. Own your shit.

You can't cos like a true chumpette you're a wannabe intellectual who can't stomach so easily being fooled.

TheGreatYacht
07-14-2020, 11:12 AM

Chumpettes are afraid to be wrong. Gotta protect that ego of theirs. They got a "smart" and "educated" image they have to protect. Admitting that they've been fooled would destroy their self-esteem.

"Muh Democrats wouldn't dare lie to me :cry"

"Muh Bernie Sanders is incapable of lying to me :cry"

Although I'll admit that some of these politicians like AOC do believe in climate change and Covid hoax and genuinely think they're "saving lives" without realizing they are pushing for Agenda 21 or Agenda 2030.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 11:16 AM
Chumpettes are afraid to be wrong. Gotta protect that ego of theirs. They got a "smart" and "educated" image they have to protect. Admitting that they've been fooled would destroy their self-esteem.

Although I'll admit that some of these politicians like AOC do believe in climate change and Covid hoax and genuinely think they're "saving lives" without realizing they are pushing for Agenda 21 or Agenda 2030.What have you been wrong about on this board?

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 11:53 AM

Although I'll admit that some of these politicians like AOC do believe in climate change and Covid hoax and genuinely think they're "saving lives" without realizing they are pushing for Agenda 21 or Agenda 2030.

AOC is a puppet who is told what to say. She was handpicked. You can look into how a group of handlers with millions at their disposal recruited her and control her. It's a brilliant choice; because she's not really smart enough to step out of line even if she wanted to suddenly be her own person.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 12:13 PM
SMH Trying to justify your ad hominem.

You said the red line was actual deaths (like the common lazy idiot was supposed to think). You erred. Own your shit.

You can't cos like a true chumpette you're a wannabe intellectual who can't stomach so easily being fooled.

That hamster wheel is spinning, but you'll never understand.

I said Texas likely has more Covid deaths than reported. https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284138&page=134&p=10191763&viewfull=1#post10191763

Alright, time to explain this fuckin' graph so even a 5 year old or conspiratard can grasp it.

https://i.imgur.com/bMOZpLw.png

Let's see what he does with this ChumpDumper :lol

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 12:14 PM

I said Texas likely has more Covid deaths than reported. https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284138&page=134&p=10191763&viewfull=1#post10191763

Alright, time to explain this fuckin' graph so even a 5 year old or conspiratard can grasp it.

Let's see what he does with this ChumpDumper :lolHe will quintuple down without addressing a single point you made.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 12:17 PM

Let's see what he does with this ChumpDumper (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=153) :lol

I already explained your error. You didn't deny it either btw. Instead you just tried to create a host of other arguments.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 12:18 PM
He will quintuple down without addressing a single point you made.

Yea, you know I don't go running down every rabbit hole to sidetrack from the fact that a chumpette f*cked up. :lol

It's what they'll do if you let them. TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)

They like to just talk circles around their bull shit.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 12:21 PM
I already explained your error. You didn't deny it either btw. Instead you just tried to create a host of other arguments.:lmao Called it.

Yea, you know I don't go running down every rabbit hole to sidetrack that a chumpette f*cked up. :lol

It's what they'll do if you let them. TheGreatYacht

They like to just talk circles around their bull shit.:lol You're just wrong, dude. I mean I can understand not getting it the first time because you never actually read anything. You've been spoon fed like a toddler on this one though. You deserve to be called stupid now.

TheGreatYacht
07-14-2020, 12:26 PM
Yea, you know I don't go running down every rabbit hole to sidetrack from the fact that a chumpette f*cked up. :lol

It's what they'll do if you let them. TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)

Chumpettes too scared to go down the rabbithole. Their beliefs and years of brainwashing would get shattered.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 12:27 PM
I already explained your error. You didn't deny it either btw. Instead you just tried to create a host of other arguments.

Hopeless. :lol

You couldn't explain "my error" because I made no fuckin error, dipshit.

I can't deny a fucktarded accusation, something about me not realizing the red line is a "projection" or something.

Look, this graph is fuckin' SIMPLE. It illustrates a very clear point in a very clear manner. Not my fault simplicity confuses you.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 12:28 PM

Chumpettes too scared to go down the rabbithole. Their beliefs and years of brainwashing would get shattered.You guys need to get on the same page about rabbit holes tbh.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 12:29 PM
:lmao Called it.

:lol You're just wrong, dude. I mean I can understand not getting it the first time because you never actually read anything. You've been spoon fed like a toddler on this one though. You deserve to be called stupid now.

Lower working memory capacity linked to non-compliance with social distancing guidelines during the early stage of the coronavirus outbreak

https://www.psypost.org/2020/07/study-lower-cognitive-ability-linked-to-non-compliance-with-social-distancing-guidelines-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak-57293

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 12:37 PM
Hopeless. :lol

You couldn't explain "my error" because I made no fuckin error, dipshit.

I can't deny a fucktarded accusation, something about me not realizing the red line is a "projection" or something.

Look, this graph is fuckin' SIMPLE. It illustrates a very clear point in a very clear manner. Not my fault simplicity confuses you.

I've explained it in plain and simple terms multiple times now. You can't even restate my refutation (not an accusation) correctly cos you're so butthurt.

Never fails. Chumpettes here to sperm shield, not to realize for a second that their shit stinks.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 12:40 PM
:lol sextupling down

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 12:44 PM
I've explained it in plain and simple terms multiple times now. You can't even restate my refutation (not an accusation) correctly cos you're so butthurt.

Never fails. Chumpettes here to sperm shield, not to realize for a second that their shit stinks.

This was your stupid refutation.

So that red line is not actual deaths, it's how much their projection was off.

I mean :lmao. How do you even infer that.

THE RED LINE ARE DEATHS THAT OCCURRED IN THE REAL FUCKIN' WORLD AND REPRESENT HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED OVER THAT TIME PERIOD VS. HOW MANY PEOPLE USUALLY DIE OVER THAT TIME PERIOD. 6000 MORE PEOPLE DIED IN TEXAS THAN USUAL.

I'll say again without caps.

6000 more people, yes, real people, died from April to June than what is normal. 2000 from Covid and 4000 from pneumonia. Meaning Covid is being undercounted. That's it. Why is this so damn hard for you to grasp?

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 12:45 PM
:lol sextupling down

Get ready for the Septuple.

tholdren
07-14-2020, 12:47 PM

Lol you are still running on the concept that lagged deaths of months are being placed into those projections.wjoever made that chart doesn't understand simple math

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 12:48 PM
Lol you are still running on the concept that lagged deaths of months are being placed into those projections.wjoever made that chart doesn't understand simple math

Nothing is being projected in this graph, dumbass.

And show your math.

tholdren
07-14-2020, 12:51 PM

And show your math.
Lol the whole concept is a projection using inaccurate data. But continue to prove your ignorance

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 01:19 PM
This was your stupid refutation.

I mean :lmao. How do you even infer that.

THE RED LINE ARE DEATHS THAT OCCURRED IN THE REAL FUCKIN' WORLD AND REPRESENT HOW MANY PEOPLE DIED OVER THAT TIME PERIOD VS. HOW MANY PEOPLE USUALLY DIE OVER THAT TIME PERIOD. 6000 MORE PEOPLE DIED IN TEXAS THAN USUAL.

I'll say again without caps.

6000 more people, yes, real people, died from April to June than what is normal. 2000 from Covid and 4000 from pneumonia. Meaning Covid is being undercounted. That's it. Why is this so damn hard for you to grasp?

The red line is not actual deaths (it's an advanced metric that is not even close to being actual deaths). It's not even labeled as such. I could go back and refigure out what exactly it is. But the fact that you haven't figured that out yet either means you're too stupid or too lazy to know or option three, you're too phony to even admit that at this point. Since you don't strike me as that lazy or that stupid, I feel for you that you're actually this prideful. It's a bad trait that'll not serve you well in life.

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 01:28 PM

lol saying conspiratard while presenting your own conspiratard theory

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 01:30 PM
lol saying conspiratard while presenting your own conspiratard theoryTo what do you attribute the rest of the excess deaths?

hater
07-14-2020, 01:41 PM
To what do you attribute the rest of the excess deaths?

All the dead children that drank themselves to death during school lockdowns

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 01:47 PM

Why do you believe nurses, doctors, hospitals have been lying about covid cases/deaths?

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 01:50 PM
Why do you believe nurses, doctors, hospitals have been lying about covid cases/deaths?I don't think they've been lying. I think Texas reports only a certain subset of COVID deaths which is almost assuredly not the total. I don't believe it is inherently dishonest but I also don't believe the number represents the entire picture.

Now that we've gotten your asinine straw man out of the way, you can answer my question.

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 02:04 PM
I don't think they've been lying. I think Texas reports only a certain subset of COVID deaths which is almost assuredly not the total. I don't believe it is inherently dishonest but I also don't believe the number represents the entire picture.

Unless you believe those excess covid deaths were people who just sat at home and died without ever reaching out for healthcare then you have to believe nurses, doctors, hospitals have been lying about how many covid cases they have been seeing.

I don't have a conspiracy theory.

Why don't you or midnight just fully explain your conspiracy theory. Do you two believe these excess covid cases were avoiding the healthcare system? Or are healthcare workers covering up these cases? Deliberately misdiagnosing them?

It's fine you have a conspiracy theory to counter the right wing conspiracy theorists but at least own it enough to explain the who, what, and why like they do. I'm open to hearing it.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 02:07 PM
lol saying conspiratard while presenting your own conspiratard theory

That isn't an explanation of the unusual spike, stupid motherfucker.

You can do so much better than this stupid handwavy-dismissal. Yet you don't.

Propose an alternate hypothesis and support it with some evidence, or prove you are, indeed, a stupid motherfucker.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 02:09 PM
Unless you believe those excess covid deaths were people who just sat at home and died without ever reaching out for healthcare then you have to believe nurses, doctors, hospitals have been lying about how many covid cases they have been seeing.I do indeed believe that many people died without "reaching out" for healthcare. This is Texas. I could think of several reasons people in Texas would not "reach out" for health care.

Why don't you or midnight just fully explain your conspiracy theory. Do you two believe these excess covid cases were avoiding the healthcare system? Or are healthcare workers covering up these cases? Deliberately misdiagnosing them?

It's fine you have a conspiracy theory to counter the right wing conspiracy theorists but at least own it enough to explain the who, what, and why like they do. I'm open to hearing it.So you have no explanation at all for any of the other excess deaths.

I think that many of the other excess deaths are actually COVID deaths that are not reported because of a completely understandable choice by the state of Texas.

That's it.

It's not a conspiracy theory.

I have no idea why Texans like you are getting so defensive talking about COVID in Texas when they had no problem talking about every single aspect of COVID in other states.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 02:10 PM
Unless you believe those excess covid deaths were people who just sat at home and died without ever reaching out for healthcare then you have to believe nurses, doctors, hospitals have been lying about how many covid cases they have been seeing.

It's fine you have a conspiracy theory to counter the right wing conspiracy theorists but at least own it enough to explain the who, what, and why like they do. I'm open to hearing it.

How about this:

Things that can't be 100% confirmed COVID are, simply by default, not called COVID. You have set up a false dichotomy of "they were either avoiding the healthcare system, or healthcare workers were deliberately misreporting deaths"

How have you eliminated simple honest omission or uncertainty?

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 02:11 PM
I do believe that many people died without "reaching out" for healthcare. This is Texas.

So you have no explanation at all for any of the other excess deaths.

I think that many of the other excess deaths are actually COVID deaths that are not reported because of a completely understandable choice by the state of Texas.

That's it.

It's not a conspiracy theory.

I have no idea why Texans like you are getting so defensive talking about COVID in Texas when they had no problem talking about every single aspect of COVID in other states.

All those liberals are dying to make Trump and Republicans look bad. That is his conspiracy theory. ???

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 02:12 PM
How about this:

Things that can't be 100% confirmed COVID are, simply by default, not called COVID. You have set up a false dichotomy of "they were either avoiding the healthcare system, or healthcare workers were deliberately misreporting deaths"

How has your stupid ass eliminated simple honest omission or uncertainty?As far as I can tell, Texas ST Trump supporters are getting upset that the situation got worse here and don't want to talk about it.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 02:13 PM

Let's see what he does with this ChumpDumper (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=153) :lol

What link did you get this expanded version from? Are these explanations even official?

:lol Imagur

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 02:14 PM
All those liberals are dying to make Trump and Republicans look bad. That is his conspiracy theory. ???It's better for their narratives if people in blue states suffer?

I really have no idea what it is, but they're all getting really pissy about discussing COVID in Texas.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 02:15 PM
Why do you believe nurses, doctors, hospitals have been lying about covid cases/deaths?

No one is lying. Some states have policies that will only count confirmed covid deaths via a test. Is there perhaps some political reason for this? Maybe. Itll make governors look as if they've done a better job containing the outbreak than they really did. Not red/blue thing either. California seems to be following the same process

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 02:16 PM
The red line is not actual deaths (it's an advanced metric that is not even close to being actual deaths). It's not even labeled as such. I could go back and refigure out what exactly it is. But the fact that you haven't figured that out yet either means you're too stupid or too lazy to know or option three, you're too phony to even admit that at this point. Since you don't strike me as that lazy or that stupid, I feel for you that you're actually this prideful. It's a bad trait that'll not serve you well in life.

Lol. The red line is actual deaths. Just stop.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 02:19 PM
What link did you get this expanded version from? Are these explanations even official?

I wrote those in a vain effort to help you understand the graph.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 02:22 PM

:lmao Called out.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 02:23 PM
Lol. The red line is actual deaths. Just stop.

:cry Cos I posted an image saying it's so. :cry

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 02:23 PM

And show your math.

His response will be to retreat behind the "L" "O" and "H" "A" keys. A less sophisticated hand waving than Snakeboy.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 02:24 PM
:lmao Called out.What do you think you're calling him out on?

He obviously annotated the graph in an attempt to help you understand it.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 02:25 PM
:cry Cos I posted an image saying it's so. :cry

He posted the source of the data, you nitwit. That part wasn't made up, unless the Trump administration is lying.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 02:28 PM

Fucking chowder head. I even listed what it is according to the CDC and you fucking stomped your feet and cried out nuh uh and went to the trouble
of trying to make an image that supposes to validate your failure.

Excess deaths are calculated by subtracting the expected number of deaths from the observed number of deaths.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/potentially_excess_deaths.htm

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 02:29 PM
No one is lying. Some states have policies that will only count confirmed covid deaths via a test. Is there perhaps some political reason for this? Maybe. Itll make governors look as if they've done a better job containing the outbreak than they really did. Not red/blue thing either. California seems to be following the same process

Sick and dying people aren't just data, they end up in hospitals and are cared for by real people. Before this spike those people said they weren't seeing tons of covid cases/deaths. Now that there is a spike those same people are publicly saying they are seeing a spike.

This conspiracy requires them to have been lying or something. It definitely needs more beef. If ya'll can't think of anything you can always fall back on numerology as the cause. It always works as a reason for the conspiracy.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 02:32 PM
Sick and dying people aren't just data, they end up in hospitals and are cared for by real people. Before this spike those people said they weren't seeing tons of covid cases/deaths. Now that there is a spike those same people are publicly saying they are seeing a spike.

This conspiracy requires them to have been lying or something. It definitely needs more beef. If ya'll can't think of anything you can always fall back on numerology as the cause. It always works as a reason for the conspiracy.

Translation:

"Your data is not as good as my anecdotes".

Explain the spike.

boutons_deux
07-14-2020, 02:32 PM
"I do believe that many people died without "reaching out" for healthcare."

In March/April when NYC was overwhelmed, it was suggested that the many 1000s of "excess deaths" were people dying at home, esp poor non-whites with no insurance, and then no coroners, themselves overwhelmed, tested the cadavers for C19.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 02:34 PM
I will say that I mis-assessed the scope of the gray line. It is average excess deaths 2017-2019 for the various time points of 2020.
But that mistake is ultimately inconsequential.

Now ask yourself @midnightgulp why they're referring to excess deaths and not simply actual deaths if they're trying to make a case that the death rate is way up as the result of COVID?

It's pretty lame on its face.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 02:35 PM
Fucking chowder head. I even listed what it is according to the CDC and you fucking stomped your feet and cried out nuh uh and went to the trouble
of trying to make an image that supposes to validate your failure.

Yes you fucking idiot and that difference is represented in the red line. And it's not by how much their projection was off.

Observed deaths: 56000
Expected deaths: 50000

Difference +6000. Which is what the graph shows.

Why is this so fucking difficult for you?

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 02:37 PM
All those liberals are dying to make Trump and Republicans look bad. That is his conspiracy theory. ???

I haven't been calling this like a game thread. I leave that to the rest of you.

I've been saying all along the game isn't over until everyone loses and the game has only just begun.

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 02:41 PM
Explain the spike.

I'm asking you to explain the spike. It's your conspiracy theory. A boring one since you refuse to give any details about it.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 02:42 PM
I haven't been calling this like a game thread. I leave that to the rest of you.

I've been saying all along the game isn't over until everyone loses and the game has only just begun.

Translation:

"Your data is not as good as my anecdotes".

Explain the spike, stupid motherfucker.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 02:43 PM
I'm asking you to explain the spike. It's your conspiracy theory. A boring one since you refuse to give any details about it.

We have provided an explanation. Unreported, and unconfirmed COVID cases. No conspiracy required. No one is faking any evidence, they are simply not affirming something they don't know to be true.

Now, provide an alternative explanation that you think is more plausible, stupid motherfucker.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 02:44 PM

They were pneumonia deaths. On the phone, so I dont feel like linking the data. You're free to speculate what caused an unusual spike in pneumonia deaths all you want. Logic says it's covid. Do you have a counter theory as to what caused these extra pneumonia deaths?

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 02:47 PM
It's a totally useless graph designed to trick the mind into thinking stuff.

1. The red line is not actual deaths. Midnight Gulp says it is even after I showed him that it's not. TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719) (:lol Cult members)

Excess deaths are calculated by subtracting the expected number of deaths from the observed number of deaths.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/potent...ess_deaths.htm (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/potentially_excess_deaths.htm)

2. It's showing the US excess deaths (a measurement of CDC error) vs. COVID deaths in Texas. What is a person even to take from that? (jaguar fan dot gif)

3. That all said, the red line sure AF ain't a measure of actual deaths. And if Midnight Gulp and fellow chumpettes bothered to even understand this ultimately useless graph, then they'd know that this number of excess deaths doesn't even give real guidance on actual death counts anyhow.

And let's put this another way. If that red line is somehow "actual deaths", then what you're telling me is half of COVID deaths in Texas is half of the US total? Obviously, a quick check would show that's bull shit.

And let's put this still yet another way. COVID deaths on 3/4/20 were somehow higher than actual deaths! How's that work?

You still gonna go with your lame contention that the red line is actual deaths, @Midnightgulp?

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 02:48 PM
I will say that I mis-assessed the scope of the gray line. It is average excess deaths 2017-2019 for the various time points of 2020.

Now ask yourself @midnightgulp why they're referring to excess deaths and not simply actual deaths if they're trying to make a case that the death rate is way up as the result of COVID?

You mis-assessed just about everything.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 02:49 PM
You mis-assessed just about everything.

You just got bombed out of the water, bro.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286270&p=10194455&viewfull=1#post10194455

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 02:50 PM

1. The red line is not actual deaths. Midnight Gulp says it is even after I showed him that it's not. TheGreatYacht (:lol Cult members)

2. It's showing the US excess deaths (a measurement of CDC error) vs. COVID deaths in Texas. What is a person even to take from that? (jaguar fan dot gif)

3. That all said, the red line sure AF ain't a measure of actual deaths. And if Midnight Gulp and fellow chumpettes bothered to even understand this ultimately useless graph, then they'd know that this number of excess death doesn't even give real guidance on actual death counts anyhow.

And let's put this another way. If that red line is somehow "actual deaths", then what you're telling me is half of COVID deaths in Texas is half of the US total? Obviously, a quick check would show that's bull shit.

And let's put this still yet another way. COVID deaths on 3/4/20 were somehow higher than actual deaths! How's that work?

You still gonna go with your lame contention that the red line is actual deaths, @Midnightgulp?

"filtered for Texas".

You do know that you can use Excel to filter data columns to get subtotals? "show only data for Texas"

:rollin

you are making snakeboy look like a geenyus.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 02:51 PM
3. That all said, the red line sure AF ain't a measure of actual deaths. And if Midnight Gulp and fellow chumpettes bothered to even understand this ultimately useless graph, then they'd know that this number of excess deaths doesn't even give real guidance on actual death counts anyhow.

SMH These Chumpettes. TheGreatYacht

Now watch them somehow hold to their falsehoods and/or level their defensive scorn.

SnakeBoy
We have provided an explanation. Unreported, and unconfirmed COVID cases. No conspiracy required. No one is faking any evidence, they are simply not affirming something they don't know to be true.

Now, provide an alternative explanation that you think is more plausible, stupid motherfucker.

All you have provided is a theory that there are vastly more covid deaths than being reported but you have discovered a piece of data on the internet that blows the whole cover up open.

Now explain the cover up. Conspiracy theories are no good if you don't reveal the cover up.

midnightpulp

1. The red line is not actual deaths. Midnight Gulp says it is even after I showed him that it's not. TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719) (:lol Cult members)

Jesus fuckin Christ. And I bet he had a real smug look on his face when he finished writing that too. You're hopeless my man. I never called you deep, but I understand why they do.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 02:53 PM
"filtered for Texas".

You do know that you can use Excel to filter data columns to get subtotals? "show only data for Texas"

you are making snakeboy look like a geenyus.

I didn't see that. But why would they need to "filter it for TX"?
Surely a simple access program would list the actual number.
In any event, the red line still isn't actual deaths.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 02:53 PM
Pretty much. Most people have concluded that arguing with Derptacular is pointless. He is so far down on the Dunning Kruger scale of reasoning ability that it is not unlike yelling at a houseplant.

Thanks for the graph though. It was nice, I did appreciate it.

diego
07-14-2020, 02:56 PM

You posted the definition from the CDC yourself. The graph doesn't have any line labeled expected deaths, it only shows actual deaths, actual reported covid death, and actual average death of the previous 3 years - looking at these shows there are many more actual deaths over this time than the previous 3 years, and that actual covid deaths doesn't cover that difference- the conclusion is that covid deaths are being underreported.

You could argue that the data is flawed a la tholdren and probably have decent enough of an argument. But your arguments only show you don't even understand the graph, even with the expanded legend midnight added.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 02:59 PM
This graph shows two things.

1. That the CDC predicted really high death counts for COVID that did not come to fruition.

So much so that they (or whoever made this chart) couched the high number in excess deaths.

2. That they're just making up COVID deaths. 6/4/20 it shows TX COVID deaths at approximately 1700.

There were 33 according to the numbers.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk015xYbykQhRMvQPFE_bxJTp4vkAkw%3A 1594756522260&source=hp&ei=qg0OX6WcDeDA0PEPv4WM4Ak&q=texas+corona+deaths+count&oq=texas+corona+deaths+count&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIGCAAQFhAeOgQIIxAnOgUIABCRAjo ICAAQsQMQkQI6CAgAELEDEIMBOgsIABCxAxCDARCLAzoICAAQs QMQiwM6BQgAELEDOgUIABCLAzoCCAA6BwgAELEDEAo6CggAELE DEIMBEAo6CggAELEDEAoQiwM6CAghEBYQHRAeOgoIABAIEA0QC hAeOggIABAIEA0QHlDXHVjvS2CvTmgAcAB4AYAB7gKIAa0UkgE IMTcuNy4wLjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6uAEC&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwilmYqAw83qAhVgIDQIHb8CA5wQ4dUDCAg&uact=5

Seriously, who even made this piece of shit graph, midnightpulp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430)?

The original you posted makes it appear to just be some reddit shit and not even from CDC's own website.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 03:00 PM

All you have provided is a theory that there are vastly more covid deaths than being reported but you have discovered a piece of data on the internet that blows the whole cover up open.

Now explain the cover up. Conspiracy theories are no good if you don't reveal the cover up.

That isn't an explanation stupid motherfucker.

Rates like that do not vary greatly from averages without an explanation. That guiding principle is the foundation of statistics and a whole lot of finance, economics, and actuarial estimates are based on that.

There was no deviation until this disease started spreading in communities.

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 03:02 PM
As disappointing as this lame conspiracy theory is I am pleased to see chumpettes joining together with tholdren in saying don't believe the numbers.

It's good to see some unity on this board.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 03:03 PM
You posted the definition from the CDC yourself. The graph doesn't have any line labeled expected deaths, it only shows actual deaths, actual reported covid death, and actual average death of the previous 3 years - looking at these shows there are many more actual deaths over this time than the previous 3 years, and that actual covid deaths doesn't cover that difference- the conclusion is that covid deaths are being underreported.

You could argue that the data is flawed a la tholdren and probably have decent enough of an argument. But your arguments only show you don't even understand the graph, even with the expanded legend midnight added.

It says actual deaths nowhere on the original that Midnight Gulp posted from Reddit (apparently).

The actual deaths you're reading is Midnight Gulp falsely editorializing on a secondary image he created.

And yea, you basically came to same conclusion that he came to under that false premise.
And you came to the same conclusion that every non-discerning idiot is supposed to come to without giving it much thought.
The guy who posted this on reddit did a serious troll job and/or false information campaign. :lol TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 03:06 PM
Explain my conspiracy theory to me

It's caused by the number 88

Blake
07-14-2020, 03:07 PM

:lol "are these explanations official?"

You never believe anything the government officially puts out. Don't start now.

Blake
07-14-2020, 03:08 PM
As disappointing as this lame conspiracy theory is I am pleased to see chumpettes joining together with tholdren in saying don't believe the numbers.

Disappointing when snakeboy reverts back to derp mode

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 03:08 PM

You can disregard point 3 or account for the error of not seeing "filtered for TX" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) in post 87. Read the rest of my points.

1. The red line is not actual deaths.
2. COVID death count of 1700 is not the 33 that Google shows in their state for state (So, :lol at "filtered for TX" in the second place)
3. This graph is a troll job / propaganda piece designed to have people make quick conclusions that a calamity is on our hands. TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 03:10 PM
:lol "are these explanations official?"

You never believe anything the government officially puts out. Don't start now.

It's relevant. Stop lashing out.

:lol That it's a Midnight Gulp production designed to propagate propaganda though.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 03:13 PM

The problem is that deaths are deaths are deaths. It is one of the most accurate pieces of data we have. Awfully hard to fudge or fake. It is why they are having such a hard time waving it away.

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 03:14 PM
Disappointing when snakeboy reverts back to derp mode

Are you onboard with the deep state is hiding the real covid numbers theory Blake?

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 03:14 PM

Rates like that do not vary greatly from averages without an explanation. That guiding principle is the foundation of statistics and a whole lot of finance, economics, and actuarial estimates are based on that.

Explain the spike, stupid motherfucker. Maybe it is white millenials fleeing the Democratic party because you saw a stock photo. :rollin

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 03:15 PM

Is the deep state hiding the real covid numbers?

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 03:16 PM
I'm asking you to explain the spike. It's your conspiracy theory. A boring one since you refuse to give any details about it.We already did. Sorry it didn't excite you.

If you don't have a better explanation just say so.

Hopefully you have a really exciting explanation.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 03:17 PM
Is the deep state hiding the real covid numbers?

So, you don't know what is causing the spike, you just *know* it isn't covid, because that would be inconvenient for the fucktards like you in the Republican party.

:rollin :lmao

Texas does not count probable deaths. It is a caveat right there as a footnote. It is a simple bureaucratic procedure, and fairly reasonable IMO.

Which is why we are undercounting it, AND the disease is vastly more widespread.
https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/TexasCOVID19DailyCountyFatalityCountData.xlsx

Even so the 10 day moving average of fatalities is now 66, and that is double what it was a week ago. The first surge of deaths from the increased caseload a week or two ago is happening now.

This trend mirrors exactly the other spike in all deaths. The one that magically follows this one, that you can't explain, because of your politics.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 03:18 PM
Are you onboard with the deep state is hiding the real covid numbers theory Blake?No one said anyone was hiding anything.

Why are you so pissy?

There is a discrepancy. We're trying to explain it. You're losing your shit.

Do you want to talk about a blue state? Would that make you feel better?

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 03:21 PM
We already did. Sorry it didn't excite you.

If you don't have a better explanation just say so.

Hopefully you have a really exciting explanation.

Well, it MOST definitely is not the pandemic going on. That is a pure coincidence. It was a stealth hurricane that hit right as the pandemic did. Yeah, that's it. No one noticed it tho.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 03:23 PM
Chumpettes gonna focus on Snakeboy's jibber jabber after I tore that graph to shreds.

TheGreatYacht

:lmao

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 03:23 PM

1. The red line is not actual deaths. Midnight Gulp says it is even after I showed him that it's not.

Back on the computer. I don't know why I'm banging my head against the wall trying to make you understand this, but your extreme arrogance in thinking you're right is just too annoying not to reply to.

The red line is ACTUAL DEATHS that occurred in 2020. Do you fuckin' see how the red line was conforming to the baseline and tracking with the averages from 2017-2019. Everything was business as usual in Texas until late March when deaths started to rise above the expected baseline and the 2017-2019 averages.

The fuck this even mean. All it is fuckin' showing are the death trends for Texas from 2017-2019 (gray) and 2020 (red).

Christ all fuckin' mighty. Just :lmao.

Another "mis-assessment." Look at the graph closely. It doesn't start counting Covid deaths until about 4/4. You'll see the yellow line ruler flat on the 0 baseline. And that line isn't suggesting there were more Covid deaths than all deaths. It's illustrating the amount of confirmed Covid deaths contributed to the excess mortality total.

Maybe this chart will help you FINALLY get it. This only covers March 1 to April 25th.

https://i.imgur.com/1p3GEBn.png

Now let me see if I can explain it so a Derp can understand. The first highlight is the expected number of deaths Texas expects to have over this time frame. Get it?

When the doctor people and science people counted all the deaths from March 1st to April 25th, they counted 2274 more deaths. You can see on the graph I posted that the pretty red line reaches about that number in late-April/Early May. Of those deaths, 809 were attributed to Covid, you know, the cooties going around right now making people real sick :(

Non-Covid deaths make up 1465. We can then look at the CDC and see many of those "non-Covid" deaths (death is the thing that makes people die) were due to pneumonia. Pneumonia is something that makes your breathing very, very bad :(

So we ask ourselves, what was causing an unusual amount of pneumonia deaths? Covid? Huffing paint?

I'm done now. I await some a decadown, but this is as fuckin' clear as I can explain it without resurrecting Dr. fuckin Seuss to explain it with pictures and cute rhymes.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 03:28 PM
Chumpettes gonna focus on Snakeboy's jibber jabber after I tore that graph to shreds.

TheGreatYacht

PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! :cry

Sad.

CosmicCowboy
07-14-2020, 03:33 PM

Explain the spike, stupid motherfucker. Maybe it is white millenials fleeing the Democratic party because you saw a stock photo. :rollin

would have been clearer if they used the average # of deaths as the baseline instead of 0.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 03:34 PM
Back on the computer. I don't know why I'm banging my head against the wall trying to make you understand this, but your extreme arrogance in thinking you're right is just too annoying not to reply to.

The red line is ACTUAL DEATHS that occurred in 2020. Do you fuckin' see how the red line was conforming to the baseline and tracking with the averages from 2017-2019. Everything was business as usual in Texas until late March when deaths started to rise above the expected baseline and the 2017-2019 averages.

The fuck this even mean. All it is fuckin' showing are the death trends for Texas from 2017-2019 (gray) and 2020 (red).

Christ all fuckin' mighty. Just :lmao.

Another "mis-assessment." Look at the graph closely. It doesn't start counting Covid deaths until about 4/4. You'll see the yellow line ruler flat on the 0 baseline. And that line isn't suggesting there were more Covid deaths than all deaths. It's illustrating the amount of confirmed Covid deaths contributed to the excess mortality total.

Maybe this chart will help you FINALLY get it. This only covers March 1 to April 25th.

https://i.imgur.com/1p3GEBn.png

Now let me see if I can explain it so a Derp can understand. The first highlight is the expected number of deaths Texas expects to have over this time frame. Get it?

When the doctor people and science people counted all the deaths from March 1st to April 25th, they counted 2274 more deaths. You can see on the graph I posted that the pretty red line reaches about that number in late-April/Early May. Of those deaths, 809 were attributed to Covid, you know, the cooties going around right now making people real sick :(

Non-Covid deaths make up 1465. We can then look at the CDC and see many of those "non-Covid" deaths (death is the thing that makes people die) were due to pneumonia. Pneumonia is something that makes your breathing very, very bad :(

So we ask ourselves, what was causing an unusual amount of pneumonia deaths? Covid? Huffing paint?

I'm done now. I await some a decadown, but this is as fuckin' clear as I can explain it without resurrecting Dr. fuckin Seuss to explain it with pictures and cute rhymes.Prediction: derp octuples down.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 03:35 PM
Prediction: derp octuples down.

Does he do this on purpose? He has to. No one can have this thick of a skull.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 03:38 PM
Does he do this on purpose? He has to. No one can have this thick of a skull.Trump supporters here are weirdly insecure when making even innocent mistakes-- so insecure they will declare jihad on anyone who points out any mistake. They're all that way to some degree. derp is just wrong more often and would rather die than admit it or let it go.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 03:40 PM
How can you have negative deaths on the gray line?

0 is the baseline of expected deaths. So let's say Texas is expecting 10,000 deaths over that month (that's what the 0 baseline represents). If you count 9500, you'll plot it on the graph as -500 below the expected.

See Derp, this is how someone learns. By asking question and not launching into "analysis" about things they might not be clear on.

spurraider21
You can disregard point 3 or account for the error of not seeing "filtered for TX" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) in post 87. Read the rest of my points.

1. The red line is not actual deaths.
2. COVID death count of 1700 is not the 33 that Google shows in their state for state (So, :lol at "filtered for TX" in the second place)
3. This graph is a troll job / propaganda piece designed to have people make quick conclusions that a calamity is on our hands. TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)
the red line is actual deaths. it's measuring exactly the same thing the gray line does. except the gray line is the average from 2017-2019 and the red line is the exactly same figure, but measured in 2020

spurraider21
his derp nickname was earned, not given

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 03:43 PM
his derp nickname was earned, not given

Well earned. I never had an exchange like this here :lol. A simple fuckin' graph causing this much shit.

Blake
07-14-2020, 03:44 PM
Are you onboard with the deep state is hiding the real covid numbers theory Blake?

I'm not onboard with strawmen

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 03:59 PM
Why are you so pissy?

There is a discrepancy. We're trying to explain it. You're losing your shit.

I'm not pissy, I'm just trying to get you to flush out your conspiracy theory.

Let's compare and contrast the right wing conspiracy and your left wing conspiracy. Maybe that will help you develop your story a little better.

Right Wing Conspiracy
1.) The covid cases/deaths are overstated
2.) Healthcare industry is happy to go along with it because there is money to be made on covid diagnosis
3.) It's all a ploy to install a communist government

Your Left Wing Conspiracy
1.) The covid cases/deaths are understated
2.) Healthcare industry is happy to go along with it because ?????
3.) It's all ploy to ????

That's a condensed view of both theories but you can see that your conspiracy theory is lacking. It's just not a good story yet.

#3 is pretty easy to fill in since all left wing conspiracies end with the Ollyawgawky but you need to come up with something convincing for #2. Midnight suggests just saying that the healthcare industry doesn't know there is a covid pandemic so they just think people have pneumonia but I don't find that compelling. It need to be something more sinister.

elbamba1
07-14-2020, 04:01 PM
For anyone interested, here were some of the conclusions made by the main author of the study:

"There are several potential reasons for this under-count," said Woolf, a professor in the Department of Family Medicine and Population Health at VCU School of Medicine. "Some of it may reflect under-reporting; it takes awhile for some of these data to come in. Some cases might involve patients with COVID-19 who died from related complications, such as heart disease, and those complications may have been listed as the cause of death rather than COVID-19.
"But a third possibility, the one we're quite concerned about, is indirect mortality -- deaths caused by the response to the pandemic," Woolf said. "People who never had the virus may have died from other causes because of the spillover effects of the pandemic, such as delayed medical care, economic hardship or emotional distress."

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 04:03 PM

Let's compare and contrast the right wing conspiracy and your left wing conspiracy. Maybe that will help you develop your story a little better.

Right Wing Conspiracy
2.) Healthcare industry is happy to go along with it because there is money to be made on covid diagnosis

That's a condensed view of both theories but you can see that your conspiracy theory is lacking. It's just not a good story yet.

#3 is pretty easy to fill in since all left wing conspiracy end with the Ollyawgawky but you need to come up with something convincing for #2. Midnight suggests just saying that the healthcare industry doesn't know there is a covid pandemic so they just think people have pneumonia but I don't find that compelling. It need to be something more sinister.Sorry, I already said I don't believe it's a conspiracy theory at all.

You were to busy being pissy to notice.

You want to try again or do you just want to be pissy?

What do you think caused the difference?

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 04:05 PM

Right Wing Conspiracy

#3 is pretty easy to fill in since all left wing conspiracy end with the Ollyawgawky but you need to come up with something convincing for #2. Midnight suggests just saying that the healthcare industry doesn't know there is a covid pandemic so they just think people have pneumonia but I don't find that compelling. It need to be something more sinister.

What? Never suggested anything like that. The undercount is simply a result of how a state chooses to code deaths. If a state could never test someone who died of pneumonia for covid, then it won't be coded as covid.

Some states simply won't code probable deaths. They need to be confirmed. Why this is, who knows. Covid seems to present with obvious symptoms.

BSfromTX
07-14-2020, 04:14 PM
So the graph shows a spike of about 5k deaths over the average from 2017-19, correct?

The average population increase for texas is 385k additional people per year from 2010-2019. Average, according to the Texas Demographic center. The Tx dept of health in the early teens reports a death rate of about 6.7 per thousand.

So how does the chart define excess deaths? Is it just what ever was over the average of 17-19? 6.7 per thousand would account for about an additional 5.7k deaths per year.

I may be missing something, but the graph doesn't mention a change in death rate but rather excess deaths. How would a population increase be accounted for?

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 04:26 PM

Right Wing Conspiracy

#3 is pretty easy to fill in since all left wing conspiracies end with the Ollyawgawky but you need to come up with something convincing for #2. Midnight suggests just saying that the healthcare industry doesn't know there is a covid pandemic so they just think people have pneumonia but I don't find that compelling. It need to be something more sinister.

You still haven't put forward a hypothesis to explain why the death rate for non-COVID causes spiked at the same time, stupid motherfucker. :lmao

I suppose you might not be a stupid mother fucker here. You might know they are COVID, but dont' want to admit it.

Which iss it, stupid or lying? I can't tell the difference with you asshat Republicans.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 04:37 PM
For anyone interested, here were some of the conclusions made by the main author of the study:

"There are several potential reasons for this under-count," said Woolf, a professor in the Department of Family Medicine and Population Health at VCU School of Medicine. "Some of it may reflect under-reporting; it takes awhile for some of these data to come in. Some cases might involve patients with COVID-19 who died from related complications, such as heart disease, and those complications may have been listed as the cause of death rather than COVID-19.
"But a third possibility, the one we're quite concerned about, is indirect mortality -- deaths caused by the response to the pandemic," Woolf said. "People who never had the virus may have died from other causes because of the spillover effects of the pandemic, such as delayed medical care, economic hardship or emotional distress."

Little to no doubt there are other "knock on" deaths. The problem with this explanation is that the extra death rate is directly mirroring the rise in pandemic deaths.

You can start to exclude things in that extra, like suicides, if you want to get a better handle on the disease, because suicide is not going to be confused with flu/covid, and the scale of the excess unexplained deaths also makes it a poor fit for the data.

If you parse the data, most of the spike is due to "flu". Meaning unidentified respiratory illness. It isn't much of a leap to think that was simply untested COVID, especially since we know there is a four to tenfold gap in the "confirmed" case count to our best guess as to what the ACTUAL case count is,

DMC
07-14-2020, 04:45 PM
Little to no doubt there are other "knock on" deaths. The problem with this explanation is that the extra death rate is directly mirroring the rise in pandemic deaths.

You can start to exclude things in that extra, like suicides, if you want to get a better handle on the disease, because suicide is not going to be confused with flu/covid, and the scale of the excess unexplained deaths also makes it a poor fit for the data.

If you parse the data, most of the spike is due to "flu". Meaning unidentified respiratory illness. It isn't much of a leap to think that was simply untested COVID, especially since we know there is a four to tenfold gap in the "confirmed" case count to our best guess as to what the ACTUAL case count is,

You do realize there's a test for the flu, right?

But let's give you the benefit of the doubt here - let's say there were many deaths uncounted as COVID that should have been, 2x what we currently have listed as COVID deaths to date.

Where's the 2nd wave? Where's the dropoff from social distancing and closing?

Where's any of it?

Also, NY had a similar situation but a lot more excess deaths. Somehow only Southern states matter in this discussion.

Blake
07-14-2020, 04:58 PM

But let's give you the benefit of the doubt here - let's say there were many deaths uncounted as COVID that should have been, 2x what we currently have listed as COVID deaths to date.

Where's any of it?

Also, NY had a similar situation but a lot more excess deaths. Somehow only Southern states matter in this discussion.

WHATABOUTNEWYORK

DMC
07-14-2020, 04:59 PM
WHATABOUTNEWYORK

Keep trying to hide that flower in your attic bud.. lol

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:06 PM

Where's any of it?

We've discussed excess deaths in NY before.

We're discussing excess deaths in Texas now.

What do you think explains the difference between COVID deaths and total excess deaths in Texas?

DMC
07-14-2020, 05:08 PM

What do you think explains the difference between COVID deaths and total excess deaths in Texas?

Link please

BSfromTX
07-14-2020, 05:10 PM

is population increase accounted for? The graph says excess deaths and not death rate

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:11 PM
Link pleaseAnswer the question first, please. I'll get right on it when you answer.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:12 PM
is population increase accounted for? The graph says excess deaths and not death rateSince the average of several years is used I can't see that population increase isn't accounted for.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 05:16 PM

How do you have the nerve to talk about thick skulls when I showed you a simple definition in black and white according to the CDC's website what excess deaths means. No, it's not an actual death numbers. I can reply more fully later. But your explanation for why it's somehow not so (contrary to CDC's definition) is that :cry the graph line behaves in a way to my liking :cry

Gawd, we're all fucking stupider just for reading that. :lol

BSfromTX
07-14-2020, 05:17 PM
Since the average of several years is used I can't see that population increase isn't accounted for.

Then why would they not use death rate instead? If you wanted to evaluate a “spike “ in deaths, you would want to compare the rates. Why would you go through all that just to convert back to a “theoretical” total?

DMC
07-14-2020, 05:17 PM
Answer the question first, please. I'll get right on it when you answer.

Once you show me the data on NY we can discuss Texas. It's likely the difference between official counts and excess deaths have similar causes, neither of which likely nefarious.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 05:19 PM
The problem is that deaths are deaths are deaths. It is one of the most accurate pieces of data we have. Awfully hard to fudge or fake. It is why they are having such a hard time waving it away.

You have no idea what you're even arguing, do you? :lol

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 05:23 PM

Where's any of it?

We are pretty much still in the first wave in many places, especially Texas.

If you want to see the drop off from the distancing and closing look no further than NY.

NYC Has Its First Day In Months With No COVID-19 Deaths
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/07/13/890427225/nyc-has-its-first-day-in-months-with-no-covid-19-deaths

Shutting down simply prevented and delayed the first wave in Texas. We opened up and got hit.

This isn't difficult, unless you are trying to cover up and/or spin bad Republican policymaking.

RandomGuy
07-14-2020, 05:23 PM
You have no idea what you're even arguing, do you? :lol

... from the guy who can't read a graph. :lol

diego
07-14-2020, 05:25 PM

oh i agree, but you can always quibble over source and methodology, though obviously the more you call into question every source, the more pressure you have to provide a "good" one and of course tholdren etc. never do...

as for derp, he still doesnt understand that none of his attempts to undermine the chart ever landed because he doesnt know how to read a legend. either you acknowledge the data and provide an alternate explanation for the spike the graph shows, or you discredit the data and provide your superior source.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:25 PM
Then why would they not use death rate instead? If you wanted to evaluate a “spike “ in deaths, you would want to compare the rates. Why would you go through all that just to convert back to a “theoretical” total?Why wouldn't you just want to compare numbers of deaths?

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:28 PM
Once you show me the data on NY we can discuss Texas. It's likely the difference between official counts and excess deaths have similar causes, neither of which likely nefarious.I agree.

No one here said anything was nefarious.

No one. You're arguing nothing.

You're being defensive and deflecting just like every Texan Trump supporter here.

I'm not going to jump through any hoops for you. Either give your opinion what is causing the difference in Texas or just tap out.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 05:30 PM
0 is the baseline of expected deaths. So let's say Texas is expecting 10,000 deaths over that month (that's what the 0 baseline represents). If you count 9500, you'll plot it on the graph as -500 below the expected.

See Derp, this is how someone learns. By asking question and not launching into "analysis" about things they might not be clear on.

0 is expected deaths? Are you fucking listening to yourself? SERIOUSLY, PULL YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS ALREADY.

Just no. Texas does not expect 0 deaths on any given day. It's not a fucking baseline as you put it.

To school you further, 0 is not a baseline for anything. And there is no 'expected deaths' line.
However, there is an excess deaths line that could be 0 on any given day if expected number of deaths and observed number of deaths are the same. And it is relatively close to 0 for 2017-2019 because on those days, the CDC had reasonable expectations.
Now when you create a fucktarded model that calls for thousands of extra deaths per day and it doesn't happen, that's how you get a spike in excess deaths (not an actual deaths measurement) in 2020.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/potent...ess_deaths.htm (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/potentially_excess_deaths.htm)

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:31 PM
0 is expected deaths? Are you fucking listening to yourself? SERIOUSLY, PULL YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS ALREADY.

Just no. Texas does not expect 0 deaths on any given day. It's not a fucking baseline as you put it.

To school you further, 0 is not a baseline for anything. And there is no 'expected deaths' line.
However, there is an excess deaths line that could be 0 on any given day if expected number of deaths and observed number of deaths are the same. And it is relatively close to 0 for 2017-2019 because on those days, the CDC had reasonable expectations.
Now when you create a fucktarded model that calls for thousands of extra deaths per day and it doesn't happen, that's how you get a spike in excess deaths (not an actual deaths measurement) in 2020.

So that red line is not actual deaths, it's how much their projection was off.:lol I didn't think your understanding of this would get worse but here we are.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 05:33 PM
... from the guy who can't read a graph. :lol

According to that graph you worship, about 1700 people died of COVID in Texas on 6/4/20.
Do you believe that?

BSfromTX
Why wouldn't you just want to compare numbers of deaths?

you would, but you have to account for population increase. My calculations are an avg of 385k new Texans every year over the last ten... with a death rate of 6.7 that would increase total deaths each year by 5-6k...that would account for the extra deaths, so if they accounted for that, then how?

Spurtacular
:lol I didn't think your understanding of this would get worse but here we are.

You're just biting ankle.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:38 PM
you would, but you have to account for population increase. My calculations are an avg of 385k new Texans every year over the last ten... with a death rate of 6.7 that would increase total deaths each year by 5-6k...that would account for the extra deaths, so if they accounted for that, then how?That's the whole point of using data from several years. I can't see the formula for determining expected deaths omitting population growth or decline through migration/immigration. I'm not sure I want to research yet another person's question on this board, so I'm leaving it at that.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:39 PM
You're just biting ankle.You're just wrong.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 05:40 PM
According to that graph you worship, about 1700 people died of COVID in Texas on 6/4/20.
Do you believe that?
as of that date. not all on that day

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:43 PM
Do you believe that?

:lol Jesus Christ

BSfromTX
07-14-2020, 05:45 PM
That's the whole point of using data from several years. I can't see the formula for determining expected deaths omitting population growth or decline through migration/immigration. I'm not sure I want to research yet another person's question on this board, so I'm leaving it at that.

Well if y’all are going to argue about it, I would think that information would be valuable, no?

I personally doubt it is accounted for, but that is my opinion.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:46 PM
Well if y’all are going to argue about it, I would think that information would be valuable, no?

I personally doubt it is accounted for, but that is my opinion.Nothing is stopping you from going to the CDC site and looking it up. From what I've seen they have some very detailed documents.

BSfromTX
07-14-2020, 05:46 PM
That's the whole point of using data from several years. I can't see the formula for determining expected deaths omitting population growth or decline through migration/immigration. I'm not sure I want to research yet another person's question on this board, so I'm leaving it at that.

Also, 2020 is not included in the average, so it would still increase either way

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 05:49 PM

What do you think total excess deaths is a measurement of?

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:51 PM
What do you think total excess deaths is a measurement of?Excess deaths are typically defined as the difference between the observed numbers of deaths in specific time periods and expected numbers of deaths in the same time periods.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 05:54 PM

No, the yellow line is marked COVID-19 TX deaths and not average.

Even if it was a running daily average, that would mean deaths would have to be even higher on those days as the line is trending upward to highs. It'd be mathematically impossible otherwise.

TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719) See how they smugly laugh the more wrong they are?
And 3 or 4 of these cockroaches will come laugh too cos that's just how they do.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 05:56 PM
No, the yellow line is marked COVID-19 TX deaths and not average.

Even if it was a running daily average, that would mean deaths would have to be even higher on those days as the line is trending upward to highs. It'd be mathematically impossible otherwise.

TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719) See how they smugly laugh the more wrong they are?
And 3 or 4 of these cockroaches will come laugh too cos that's just how they do.

Jesus Christ

Muhamad, dip shit :lol

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 05:56 PM
No, the yellow line is marked COVID-19 TX deaths and not average.:rollin

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 05:57 PM
Excess deaths are typically defined as the difference between the observed numbers of deaths in specific time periods and expected numbers of deaths in the same time periods.

So, are expected deaths the same as actual deaths, then?

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 05:58 PM

Is your contention that the yellow line is running average?

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 06:02 PM

Are you drunk?

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 06:05 PM
next derp is going to look at a line graph of the world's population and come to the conclusion that 7.8 billion people were born today

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:05 PM
If you tap out, you're just showing that your here for moral support for Midnight Gulp. :lmao

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 06:07 PM
If you tap out, you're just showing that your here for moral support for Midnight Gulp. :lmao

the yellow line is a running total

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:07 PM

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 06:09 PM
What do you think it is a daily, weekly, monthly average of COVID TX deaths?
Use your words, Lite. Don't just lash out.
the yellow line isn't calling anything an average

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 06:09 PM

So, are expected deaths the same as actual deaths, then?No.

No.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 06:10 PM
A dramatization of derp's understanding of this graph over time.

https://i.gifer.com/TQFe.gif

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:12 PM
the yellow line isn't calling anything an average

TBF, it's not labeled total (for the line). But that makes sense.

In any event, it is not be compared to actual deaths like Midnight Gulp claims.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:13 PM
No.

You do understand that Midnight Gulp is calling excess deaths actual deaths and that you disagree with him, then?

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 06:15 PM

the yellow line reflects actual deaths. all those in excess of expected deaths (as defined by the gray line which shows how many people typically died during these months in previous years)

so if after years of data, and controlling for changes in population, if you determined that the "expected deaths" in a typical year is 10,000 people in june, but then instead, you observed 20,000 deaths in june, your "excess deaths" would be 10,000

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 06:16 PM
You do understand that Midnight Gulp is calling excess deaths actual deaths and that you disagree with him, then?He and I have explained what the term excess deaths means.

Excess deaths are actual deaths but not all of them.

It's getting to be impossible to keep up with the number of things you have gotten wrong here.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 06:16 PM

Blake
07-14-2020, 06:18 PM
Once you show me the data on NY we can discuss Texas. It's likely the difference between official counts and excess deaths have similar causes, neither of which likely nefarious.

There are plenty of other possibilities that experts have mentioned that you're going to ignore as to why death totals might not reach New York levels again, even as covid case numbers rise

Blake
07-14-2020, 06:20 PM

It's not at all possible that you're wrong. Everyone else is.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:23 PM
the yellow line reflects actual deaths. all those in excess of expected deaths (as defined by the gray line which shows how many people typically died during these months in previous years)

so if after years of data, and controlling for changes in population, if you determined that the "expected deaths" in a typical year is 10,000 people in june, but then instead, you observed 20,000 deaths in june, your "excess deaths" would be 10,000

We're on the same page with all of that.

Would you then agree that the red line in the graph is at about 3800 because that is the difference between expected deaths and actual deaths up to that point for 2020?

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:25 PM
He and I have explained what the term excess deaths means.

Excess deaths are actual deaths but not all of them.

It's getting to be impossible to keep up with the number of things you have gotten wrong here.

I just got done asking for your explanation and you quoted the definition I listed.

But :lol that you're trying so hard to dick ride Midnight Gulp.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 06:25 PM
We're on the same page with all of that.

Would you then agree that the red line in the graph is at about 3800 because that is the difference between expected deaths and actual deaths up to that point for 2020?

the red line = observed (actual) deaths - expected deaths

also a running total (why it only goes up)

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:26 PM
It's not at all possible that you're wrong. Everyone else is.

I've made numerous errors outside of my main argument in this thread. And I've owned all of them.
I'm not a weak man like you. I'm able to own my sh**.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:28 PM
the red line = observed (actual) deaths - expected deaths

also a running total (why it only goes up)

And this brings me to my main point for which Midnight Gulp made this lash-out thread.

He is claiming that excess deaths and actual deaths are the same. They're not. You're the first besides me to make that right call.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 06:29 PM
I just got done asking for your explanation and you quoted the definition I listed.You don't know what you're talking about at all here.

We do.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 06:31 PM
And this brings me to my main point for which Midnight Gulp made this lash-out thread.

He is claiming that excess deaths and actual deaths are the same. They're not. You're the first besides me to make that right call.excess deaths = total actual deaths - expected deaths

I'm sure he agrees.

I have no idea why you think differently.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 06:33 PM

He is claiming that excess deaths and actual deaths are the same. They're not. You're the first besides me to make that right call.
every excess death is an actual death though

the reason why the "excess death" stat exists is to show that you hare having an outlier year. saying "we've had 100,000 people die in our state in march" sounds bad, but if accounting for your state's history, it turns out that 99,900 people tend to die every march (when adjusted for population variances in those years), its not entirely useful to point to 100k deaths as evidence of some massive public health issue, because your "excess deaths" is only 100. that doesnt mean those 100 excess deaths aren't "actual deaths." they absolutely are

the point of that chart is to show that right now texas has over 5000 of those "excess deaths" this year from march through present (or present at the time the data was gathered), but they only reported about 2k covid deaths, indicating there are another 3000+ excess deaths unaccounted for by covid. just a particularly deadly year for texas (not including covid)

Blake
07-14-2020, 06:35 PM
I've made numerous errors outside of my main argument in this thread. And I've owned all of them.
I'm not a weak man like you. I'm able to own my sh**.

"I'm not a weak man. I'm able to own my shit"

[Proceeds to send out a distress call to TGY]

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:37 PM
excess deaths = total actual deaths - expected deaths

I'm sure he agrees.

I have no idea why you think differently.

He doesn't agree. He's consistently argued that the red line is actual deaths.
He even made an image doubling down on that.
Are you not paying attention at all, or you just doing your psychopath thing and having it both ways? :lol

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:42 PM

I'll refer you to your mentor who really is just parroting what both of us have said.

excess deaths = total actual deaths - expected deaths

Excess death is excess death and actual death is actual death. They'd just call it actual death if they were one in the same through and through.

Now if we were immortal and no deaths were expected, then yes excess death and actual death would be the same (zero).

:lol That you just couldn't betray your fellow chumpettes by continuing to tell the truth.
:lol Such a weak man. TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)

SnakeBoy
07-14-2020, 06:43 PM

All you need to recognize from the graph is that it is telling you that current reported covid deaths in Texas actually happened two months ago.

Since mortality rate does not change that means that the current number of cases that is stressing our healthcare system actually happened two months ago but everyone kept it a secret.

That is their conspiracy theory.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 06:46 PM
I'll refer you to your mentor who really is just parroting what both of us have said.

Excess death is excess death and actual death is actual death. They'd just call it actual death if they were one in the same through and through.

Now if we were immortal and no deaths were expected, then yes excess death and actual death would be the same (zero).

:lol That you just couldn't betray your fellow chumpettes by continuing to tell the truth.
:lol Such a weak man. TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)

try reading the whole thing without tagging Yauschwitz for moral support

the reason why the "excess death" stat exists is to show that you hare having an outlier year. saying "we've had 100,000 people die in our state in march" sounds bad, but if accounting for your state's history, it turns out that 99,900 people tend to die every march (when adjusted for population variances in those years), its not entirely useful to point to 100k deaths as evidence of some massive public health issue, because your "excess deaths" is only 100. that doesnt mean those 100 excess deaths aren't "actual deaths." they absolutely are

the point of that chart is to show that right now texas has over 5000 of those "excess deaths" this year from march through present (or present at the time the data was gathered), but they only reported about 2k covid deaths, indicating there are another 3000+ excess deaths unaccounted for by covid. just a particularly deadly year for texas (not including covid)

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:48 PM

Excess deaths are 100. Actual deaths are 100,000 in that scenario.

The metric of excess death is never canceling out actual deaths in any capacity.

Seriously, nobody philos like you. :lol

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 06:50 PM
try reading the whole thing without tagging Yauschwitz for moral support

I did and responded. But I knew you were bull shitting me from the start.

Excess death and actual death are not the same stat. That is what Midnight Gulp is arguing. That is not what you're arguing at least until your recent philo attempt.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 06:54 PM
All you need to recognize from the graph is that it is telling you that current reported covid deaths in Texas actually happened two months ago.

Since mortality rate does not change that means that the current number of cases that is stressing our healthcare system actually happened two months ago but everyone kept it a secret.

That is their conspiracy theory.No.

I can't believe you're this stupid, so I'm chalking it up to your being pissy.

Why are you so pissy?

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 06:59 PM
He's still going :lmao.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 07:01 PM
next derp is going to look at a line graph of the world's population and come to the conclusion that 7.8 billion people were born today

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 07:04 PM

:drunk

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 07:07 PM

Midnight Gulp just took it from Reddit. We don't at current know if this chart was initially posted by an official entity or not to fully speak to the point of the chart.

Here's what I would take from it if it's not just made-up BS. You have 5000 excess deaths and only 2000 are presumably added from COVID. That means that more than half, 3000 are not even the result of COVID. That's quite the anamoly.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 07:07 PM
I did and responded. But I knew you were bull shitting me from the start.

Excess death and actual death are not the same stat. That is what Midnight Gulp is arguing. That is not what you're arguing at least until your recent philo attempt.
midnight pulp didnt say that the "excess deaths" was equal to all actual deaths deaths. thats why the word "excess" is there.

he just clarified that even those "excess deaths" are, in fact, "actual deaths" and not projections.

the point is that texas has about 5k more deaths than expected during this time period, but covid only seems to account for less than half of that, which is odd, since their "excess deaths" from 2017-2019 were usually right around zero

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 07:08 PM
Midnight Gulp just took it from Reddit. We don't at current know if this chart was initially posted by an official entity or no to really speak to the point of the chart at least in that capacity.

Here's what I would take from it if it's not just made-up BS. You have 5000 excess deaths and only 2000 are presumably added from COVID. That means that more than half, 3000 are not even the result of COVID. That's quite the anamoly.

BINGO

that was literally the point the whole time

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 07:10 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/4ca7f51f26e845e68c92dd96e533d282/tenor.gif?itemid=9101932

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 07:14 PM
midnight pulp didnt say that the "excess deaths" was equal to all actual deaths deaths. thats why the word "excess" is there.

he just clarified that even those "excess deaths" are, in fact, "actual deaths" and not projections.

That's what you said, not him. And you're wrong. Excess deaths is not an actual death stat whatsoever.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 07:15 PM
That's what you said, not him. And you're wrong. Excess deaths is not an actual death stat whatsoever.

And he takes 10 steps back.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 07:16 PM
midnight pulp didnt say that the "excess deaths" was equal to all actual deaths deaths.

I'm pretty sure he's called it actual deaths. But I'm on a slow laptop and don't want to search that.
So instead I'll say that he has called it deaths from all causes, which is the same as actual deaths.
So, yes; that is how he has qualified it. Now that you've learned this, feel free to tell him he's wrong if you can summon the strength. :lol

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 07:17 PM
after post #203 we are ready to move on from this discussion. not going to engage in a further back and forth about what the graph represents

if there are questions about the veracity of the figures that went into the graph, thats a different conversation

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 07:18 PM
BINGO

that was literally the point the whole time

I've never once argued against that potential outlook, Lite.

Again, what was the central issue was calling excess deaths actual deaths when they're not.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 07:20 PM

Again, what was the central issue was calling excess deaths actual deaths when they're not.
not getting sucked back into it. post #203 confirmed we all know what the implications of the graph and the figures were. no need to rehash it.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 07:24 PM

Do you have a different def of actual? Excess deaths are actual in that they happened. The red line isnt a "projection" they are deaths that have ACTUALLY occurred this year.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 07:26 PM
Do you have a different def of actual? Excess deaths are actual in that they happened. The red line isnt a "projection" they are deaths that have ACTUALLY occurred this year.
he was of the understanding that by calling them actual deaths, you meant it was a literal tally of all actual deaths (excess or otherwise)

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 07:28 PM
after post #203 we are ready to move on from this discussion. not going to engage in a further back and forth about what the graph represents

if there are questions about the veracity of the figures that went into the graph, thats a different conversation

The veracity of what it represents was what I had in mind from the get go. If COVID is truly adding to the death count, then it would make sense to have a graph showing how COVID is increasing actual deaths.

Instead, it sneakily uses excess deaths. And frankly, we don't know if the expected deaths used to calculate excess deaths for 2020 is based on trends from prior years or if it is based on a COVID model. Without that understanding, how can anyone expect to really know what this graph means?

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 07:31 PM
The veracity of what it represents was what I had in mind from the get go. If COVID is truly adding to the death count, then it would make sense to have a graph showing how COVID is increasing actual deaths.

Instead, it sneakily uses excess deaths. And frankly, we don't know if the expected deaths used to calculate excess deaths for 2020 is based on trends from prior years or if it is based on a COVID model. Without that understanding, how can anyone expect to really know what this graph means?

its not sneaky. the takeaway was clear as day. you even spelled it out right here. no need to get hung up on it.

Midnight Gulp just took it from Reddit. We don't at current know if this chart was initially posted by an official entity or not to fully speak to the point of the chart.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 07:33 PM

Excess deaths have an express definition that is not actual deaths by the CDC's standard definition.

You keep throwing projection into it. I don't know if expected deaths is based on multi variable projections for each time period or whether it's just the result of a historical mean or something of the like. But in a sense it's a type of projection or an expected deaths number if you prefer their vernacular.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 07:35 PM
its not sneaky. the takeaway was clear as day. you even spelled it out right here. no need to get hung up on it.

It's potentially sneaky in that that graph can exist (given outlined potential parameters) as it is without the death rate actually going up.

In such an event, the human mind naturally believes that a great calamity is occurring when it's not.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 07:39 PM
It's potentially sneaky in that that graph can exist (given outlined potential parameters) as it is without the death rate actually going up.

In such an event, the human mind naturally believes that a great calamity is occurring when it's not.
not sneaky, since everybody here (even you, as of recently) knows exactly what the graph represents and implies

no point continuing discussing it since we are now all on the same page :tu

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 07:48 PM
not sneaky, since everybody here (even you, as of recently) knows exactly what the graph represents and implies

no point continuing discussing it since we are now all on the same page :tu

You're desperate to tap out rather than have to concede what you know I speak to.

So, I'll just spell it out exactly how it's possibly sneaky.

1. Create a model with increased expected deaths due to COVID
2. The death rate does not raise though (actual deaths number).
3. The excess death rate is now high (as the result of failed projections).
4. Can't create a graph showing COVID deaths high while actual deaths have not increased and have people wondering if it's not a hoax.
5. Okay. Compare "official" COVID deaths to phony excess death number on a chart.
6. Person sees excess deaths raised and high COVID death numbers and doesn't suspect they're being lied to.

That's sneaky AF, Lite.

TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719) Tagged you a lot. Maybe you've just grazed over a lot of it. But read this one. This is the end game of this chart, IMO.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 07:53 PM
You're desperate to tap out rather than have to concede what you know I speak to.

i'ma stop you right there

not a single figure in the graph purported to represent this

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 08:00 PM
i'ma stop you right there

not a single figure in the graph purported to represent this

You don't know that it's not.

spurraider21
07-14-2020, 08:09 PM
You don't know that it's not.
actually, i do. the graph has exactly 3 figures.

Texas excess deaths in 2020

Texas covid-reported deaths in 2020

Texas excess deaths from 2017-2019

TheGreatYacht
07-14-2020, 08:10 PM

2. The death rate does not raise though (actual deaths number).
3. The excess death rate is now high (as the result of failed projections).
4. Can't create a graph showing COVID deaths high while actual deaths have not increased and have people wondering if it's not a hoax.
5. Okay. Compare "official" COVID deaths to phony excess death number on a chart.
6. Person sees excess deaths raised and high COVID death numbers and doesn't suspect they're being lied to.

That's sneaky AF, Lite.

TheGreatYacht (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719) Tagged you a lot. Maybe you've just grazed over a lot of it. But read this one. This is the end game of this chart, IMO.

Chumpettes will never accept their mistakes. They will keep finding excuses to defend their hoax virus. I'm not sure if they really like government controlling our lives or they really think they saving lives

Blake
07-14-2020, 08:35 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/4ca7f51f26e845e68c92dd96e533d282/tenor.gif?itemid=9101932

Blake
07-14-2020, 08:36 PM
And he takes 10 steps back.

Spurtacular
07-14-2020, 08:37 PM
Chumpettes will never accept their mistakes. They will keep finding excuses to defend their hoax virus. I'm not sure if they really like government controlling our lives or they really think they saving lives

They're dyed in the wool neocon Dems. Whatever advances those causes is what they're into.

Blake
07-14-2020, 08:51 PM
They're dyed in the wool neocon Dems. Whatever advances those causes is what they're into.

Aww, your comfort buddy answered your call. That's nice.

tholdren
07-14-2020, 09:37 PM

Completely wrong

Blake
07-14-2020, 09:42 PM
tholderp still trying

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 10:19 PM
Completely wrong

Sh:lolw your math

RD2191
07-14-2020, 10:42 PM
Ugh. Hospitals are definitely overwhelmed and at capacity in the RGV. I'm not sure wtf you're even talking about.

baseline bum
07-14-2020, 10:46 PM
Ugh. Hospitals are definitely overwhelmed and at capacity in the RGV. I'm not sure wtf you're even talking about.

This time of year the river shouldn't be too hard to cross just past Santa Elena Canyon tbh if you want to make a run to safety from this shithole country.

midnightpulp
07-14-2020, 10:54 PM

It's all backfill, fool. And the people that are dying aren't dying FROM Covid, they are dying WITH Covid. I know a fatneck in Alamo Heights who died of heart obesity. Yeah, you read that right, fucking Heart Obesity, where your heart is so fat it has its own heart attack. Weird, I know. He tested pos for Covid and the scam doctors counted him as a Covid death.

Wake up, you sheep.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2020, 11:04 PM
This time of year the river shouldn't be too hard to cross just past Santa Elena Canyon tbh if you want to make a run to safety from this shithole country.Seems there would be a closer crossing for him. 600 miles is a bit of a hike.

baseline bum
07-14-2020, 11:06 PM
Seems there would be a closer crossing for him. 600 miles is a bit of a hike.

Sorry, that's the only place I have personally crossed the river so can't advise anywhere else tbh.

pgardn
07-15-2020, 12:21 AM
It's all backfill, fool. And the people that are dying aren't dying FROM Covid, they are dying WITH Covid. I know a fatneck in Alamo Heights who died of heart obesity. Yeah, you read that right, fucking Heart Obesity, where your heart is so fat it has its own heart attack. Weird, I know. He tested pos for Covid and the scam doctors counted him as a Covid death.

Wake up, you sheep.

I woke my family up laughing

Blake
07-15-2020, 02:41 AM
This time of year the river shouldn't be too hard to cross just past Santa Elena Canyon tbh if you want to make a run to safety from this shithole country.

RandomGuy
07-15-2020, 08:49 AM

Nothing is more excruciating than watching you try to understand something. This post is a monument to stupidity.

If being a moron was a religion, you would be the high prophet of that that religion, preaching stupidity from atop a high dung heap to other morons, standing in puddles of drool.

Morons a hundred generations from now would be building dung heaps of their own to stand in and spread the Ways of Moronity as spoken by the Great Moron, Spurtacular, praise be upon his Dung Heap.

That you have not somehow not managed to swallow your own tongue and choke to death on it is beyond me.

If you ever stop posting here, my first thought will be that you had some sort of tragic toothpick accident, because you are the kind of moron for which instructions for use are printed on boxes of toothpicks.

That post may be one of the dumbest things you have ever posted, and we are all dumber for having read it.

Your brain is so small that if we shoved it up a fleas ass, it would rattle around like a pea in a boxcar.

(edit)

(reads the rest of the page)

:drunk:drunk:drunk:drunk

Now I know why I don't bother anymore. That was truly one of the dumbest things I have ever seen here in my entire time here.

midnightpulp
07-15-2020, 09:08 AM
Nothing is more excruciating than watching you try to understand something. This post is a monument to stupidity.

If being a moron was a religion, you would be the high prophet of that that religion, preaching stupidity from atop a high dung heap to other morons, standing in puddles of drool.

Morons a hundred generations from now would be building dung heaps of their own to stand in and spread the Ways of Moronity as spoken by the Great Moron, Spurtacular, praise be upon his Dung Heap.

That you have not somehow not managed to swallow your own tongue and choke to death on it is beyond me.

If you ever stop posting here, my first thought will be that you had some sort of tragic toothpick accident, because you are the kind of moron for which instructions for use are printed on boxes of toothpicks.

That post may be one of the dumbest things you have ever posted, and we are all dumber for having read it.

Your brain is so small that if we shoved it up a fleas ass, it would rattle around like a pea in a boxcar.

(edit)

(reads the rest of the page)

:drunk:drunk:drunk:drunk

Now I know why I don't bother anymore. That was truly one of the dumbest things I have ever seen here in my entire time here.

He's a psychological study, indeed. I don't like simply calling people "retards" and "idiots" willy-nilly, and I don't think Derp is a "retard." He's fairly articulate and will make some broken clock points once in a while, I think it's less stupidity and a pathological need to be "right." I also believe he suffers from mild paranoia. Nothing is ever "just a cigar" with him. This graph is an example. It was clearly presented, but he managed to create all sorts of non-linear, non-sequitur interpretations of what this line really means and what that line really means, as if there were something arcane lurking beneath the surface that he was only able to perceive.

So tl;dr, conspiratorial thinking.

Conspiracy theorists see patterns everywhere – they’re all about connecting the dots. Random events are reinterpreted as being caused by the conspiracy and woven into a broader, interconnected pattern. Any connections are imbued with sinister meaning.

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-plandemic-and-the-seven-traits-of-conspiratorial-thinking-138483

And their main cognitive hurdle here is that for them seeing these patterns confers "enlightenment" and not irrationality. They're just smarter and more perceptive than everyone else. It's the world that is insane. And truth be told, there can be value in that sort of thinking sometimes. The orthodoxy should always be challenged, but there's a point where you can go overboard.

tholdren
07-15-2020, 09:15 AM
He's a psychological study, indeed. I don't like simply calling people "retards" and "idiots" willy-nilly, and I don't think Derp is a "retard." He's fairly articulate and will make some broken clock points once in a while, I think it's less stupidity and a pathological need to be "right." I also believe he suffers from mild paranoia. Nothing is ever "just a cigar" with him. This graph is an example. It was clearly presented, but he managed to create all sorts of non-linear, non-sequitur interpretations of what this line really means and what that line really means, as if there were something arcane lurking beneath the surface that he was only able to perceive.

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-plandemic-and-the-seven-traits-of-conspiratorial-thinking-138483

And their main cognitive hurdle here is that for them seeing these patterns confers "enlightenment" and not irrationality. They're just smarter and more perceptive than everyone else. It's the world that is insane. And truth be told, there can be value in that sort of thinking sometimes. The orthodoxy should always be challenged, but there's a point where you can go overboard.

Lolololololol

RandomGuy
07-15-2020, 09:19 AM
oh i agree, but you can always quibble over source and methodology, though obviously the more you call into question every source, the more pressure you have to provide a "good" one and of course tholdren etc. never do...

as for derp, he still doesnt understand that none of his attempts to undermine the chart ever landed because he doesnt know how to read a legend. either you acknowledge the data and provide an alternate explanation for the spike the graph shows, or you discredit the data and provide your superior source.

Well, you might find this alarming:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/15/trump-administration-orders-hospitals-not-send-covid-19-data-cdc/5441730002/

We are about to have the best data hidden from us. I give the odds that Trump officials will be in jail after this is all over at 100%. Not for this specifically, but these people don't seem to realize that everything they are hiding will be exposed after Trump is out of power.

RandomGuy
07-15-2020, 09:23 AM

Agreed, 100%. Came to that conclusion during the 9-11 Twoof Wars of '06-'09, and the Fake Moon Landings campaign that is still being fought today, ten years after its founding.

Hard to argue with insanity.

boutons_deux
07-15-2020, 09:26 AM
We are about to have the best data hidden from us.

Hospitals can send that data to other databases. I hope there will be communication and revolt among hospitals to send their data also to other sources.

One problem is that most hospitals are BigCorp for-profit operations that might be pressured by Repugs not send their data anywhere but to Trash's compromised HHS Ministry of Truth.

America is fucked and unfuckable

midnightpulp
07-15-2020, 09:27 AM
Well, you might find this alarming:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/07/15/trump-administration-orders-hospitals-not-send-covid-19-data-cdc/5441730002/

We are about to have the best data hidden from us. I give the odds that Trump officials will be in jail after this is all over at 100%. Not for this specifically, but these people don't seem to realize that everything they are hiding will be exposed after Trump is out of power.

This can't undercut hospitals reporting to the state, which in turns shows up in public reports for all of us to see. CDC gets that data afterward. My guess is why Lord Trump wants to control the data flow here (he won't be able to cover up confirmed deaths, since those will be reported to the state) is to manipulate the excess death tally. My gut tells me we're probably undercounting by 30-50K.

This will show up eventually in the CDC's excess death data when all the death certificates are process in the following weeks. Knowing how his simple brain works, he really, really wants to keep the confirmed death below 200K to use as a campaign brag, "Here the experts were telling us 200K or more deaths and we beat that goal!" A report coming out that the US suffered 250K excess deaths or whatever from the start of the pandemic to October or something would call into question his narrative.

midnightpulp
07-15-2020, 09:35 AM
Agreed, 100%. Came to that conclusion during the 9-11 Twoof Wars of '06-'09, and the Fake Moon Landings campaign that is still being fought today, ten years after its founding.

Hard to argue with insanity.

The information bubble created by the internet has made this condition much, much worse. You usually had a hope to "deprogram" a conspiracy theorist with rationality and such. Like if you met a flat earther in the 80s. You might ask, "okay, show me the evidence. A study. Something." They really wouldn't have anything to show you aside from opinion. Perhaps they'd reflect on this and eventually rejoin rational thinking.

Now they can just google or youtube "evidence" from conspiracy sites of their claims.

boutons_deux
07-15-2020, 09:43 AM
"hospitals reporting to the state, which in turns shows up in public reports"

... Desantis/FL has already demonstrated that the "state" will distort, hide the data to fit the politics.

I expect other red/Confederate states to be pressured by Trash to hide pandemic data

"Flooding the zone with shit" so NOBODY knows WTF is happening, nobody trusts anybody or anything, everything is "fake news", into which confusion and doubt rightwing politicians present themselves as the sole source of truth (political truthiness)

Brazil
07-15-2020, 09:50 AM

Wake up, you sheep.

Spurtacular
07-15-2020, 09:58 AM
and a pathological need to be "right."

Says the guy who can't admit his clear error about the red line and even made a thread to cry about it.

midnightpulp
07-15-2020, 10:05 AM
Says the guy who can't admit his clear error about the red line and even made a thread to cry about it.

Lol. I always try to be intellectually honest. I didn't make any error. No one who looked at that graph would agree that I made an error.

"It's me who is right. The rest of the world is insane."

Spurtacular
07-15-2020, 10:15 AM
Lol. I always try to be intellectually honest. I didn't make any error. No one who looked at that graph would agree that I made an error.

"It's me who is right. The rest of the world is insane."

You can hide in the herd all you want. Lite admitted you were wrong until he found out that he was siding with me and not you. :lol

:cry Excess deaths and actual deaths are the same thing :cry

:lol Look in the mirror, buddy.