PDA

View Full Version : "Find something new"

RandomGuy
07-16-2020, 12:00 PM
Translation: "let them eat cake" Holy fuckballs, talk about some tone deaf shit. :wow
Ivanka Trump has a message for all you unemployed poor people:

"Find something new."

This is not satire.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Presidential adviser Ivanka Trump on Tuesday unveiled a White House-backed national ad campaign highlighting alternative ways to start a career, an initiative targeting students, mid-career workers and the millions of people who are now unemployed because of the coronavirus.

Called “Find Something New,” the campaign is backed by Apple Inc. and IBM Corp. ...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/White-House-campaign-urges-jobless-to-find-15406102.php

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/13/03/04/19673352/11/gallery_xlarge.jpg

So the daughter of some rich guy who was given vast amounts of money by HIS father has a message for the plebs.

"suck it up and find a job, you lazy deadbeats, my dad needs to be reelected, so I can keep the job he gave me"

Fuck right off, you spoiled rich assholes.

Wow, just wow.

FrostKing
07-16-2020, 12:32 PM
Talk about putting words in her mouth. How did you formulate that 25 word response from just "Find something new".

boutons_deux
07-16-2020, 12:39 PM
airhead bimbo pimping Mexican beans? :lol

airhead shitbag papa Trash pimping the entire Mexican food line? :lol

Blake
07-16-2020, 12:47 PM
Hey I've heard shadow puppets on a Saturday night during the pandemic are fun!

SpursforSix
07-16-2020, 12:55 PM
Talk about putting words in her mouth. How did you formulate that 25 word response from just "Find something new".

For real.

“Now as a result of COVID, people need to, unfortunately, in some cases, learn a completely new skill,” Ivanka Trump said, referring to COVID-19, the disease the virus causes.

CosmicCowboy
07-16-2020, 12:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tsW55Bg.jpg

SpursforSix
07-16-2020, 12:57 PM
Translation: "let them eat cake" Holy fuckballs, talk about some tone deaf shit. :wow

So the daughter of some rich guy who was given vast amounts of money by HIS father has a message for the plebs.

"suck it up and find a job, you lazy deadbeats, my dad needs to be reelected, so I can keep the job he gave me"

Wow, just wow.

How is this "let them eat cake"? What's your proposal for people who's jobs have been shut down by COVID?

velik_m
07-16-2020, 01:58 PM
How is this "let them eat cake"? What's your proposal for people who's jobs have been shut down by COVID?

They should open a lemonade stand and then "persuade" their servants to buy it.

DMC
07-16-2020, 02:08 PM

"Find something new."

This is not satire.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Presidential adviser Ivanka Trump on Tuesday unveiled a White House-backed national ad campaign highlighting alternative ways to start a career, an initiative targeting students, mid-career workers and the millions of people who are now unemployed because of the coronavirus.

Called “Find Something New,” the campaign is backed by Apple Inc. and IBM Corp. ...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/White-House-campaign-urges-jobless-to-find-15406102.php

Wow, just wow.

I think I understand what you're bitching about in principle, but what do you expect anybody to do, give everybody a fucking job? You guys are looking for platitudes and that's what you offer. It doesn't do shit to put food on the table or a roof over anyone's head. It's just bulshit words in the safety of your bedroom. This isn't for you Blake, we know how safe your bedroom is.

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 02:10 PM

Because it shows a complete lack of understanding in how hard it is to actually find a job. Nobody is giving a 35 year old with two kids a job in a new field for then over a candidate with anything resembling experience

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 02:16 PM
Because it shows a complete lack of understanding in how hard it is to actually find a job. Nobody is giving a 35 year old with two kids a job in a new field for then over a candidate with anything resembling experience

I'd like to add especially in the middle of a fucking recession

Reck
07-16-2020, 02:17 PM

Find something new at the ripe young age of 55.

Dont know why there are people defending this here. Oh yeah it's coming from the know it all Trumps so you have to get your shields up.

Hillary and Biden got eaten alive when they told miners to go learn to code but this princess gets a pass. :lol

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 02:21 PM
Find something new at the ripe young age of 55.

Dont know why there are people defending this here. Oh yeah it's coming from the know it all Trumps so you have to get your shields up.

Hillary and Biden got eaten alive when they told miners to go learn to code but this princess gets a pass. :lol
It also shows a complete lack of knowledge on how the "coding" industry works. Entry level coders get paid shit, if their jobs don't get outsourced.

RandomGuy
07-16-2020, 02:23 PM

Tone.
Deaf.

To have a wealthy nepotism hire roll this one out. :lol

RandomGuy
07-16-2020, 02:24 PM
I'd like to add especially in the middle of a fucking recession

There is that small detail.

"everything will be better if you just find something new" .... If I ever hear any fucker bitch about "hopey changey" again... :lol

DAF86
07-16-2020, 02:29 PM
"Presidential adviser" :lol That's code for "let's invent a title so that my daddy can justify giving me tax payers money".

SpursforSix
07-16-2020, 02:41 PM

What do you want her to say? It's the same advice I'd give someone. Do your best to figure out something else. I have three friends that had to find something else. Two are at Amazon. The other is trying to get his insurance license.
Maybe it sounds harsh, "find something new". But that's reality. Yes it is a recession and it's tough as shit. But I don't know what else there is to do. "oh...just hang around your house and hope something comes up".

SpursforSix
07-16-2020, 02:43 PM
Tone.
Deaf.

To have a wealthy nepotism hire roll this one out. :lol

Again, she's giving good advice. What's your advice? And as good as your advice is, what platform are you going to give it from?
What would your rather her say? I'm pretty sure if she remained silent, you'd have a problem with that as well.

FrostKing
07-16-2020, 02:44 PM
It also shows a complete lack of knowledge on how the "coding" industry works. Entry level coders get paid shit, if their jobs don't get outsourced.
Importing Indian coders certainly doesn't help

I know individuals in their mid to late 30s whom are trying to break into the field. Fortunately many don't yet have children and/or crippling death. But those are personal choices.

Fact remains it is incredibly easy to change careers in America compared to most the World. Heck arguably best spot on planet. I don't see any Americans having to stress over visas or foreign languages.

baseline bum
07-16-2020, 02:45 PM
What do you want her to say? It's the same advice I'd give someone. Do your best to figure out something else. I have three friends that had to find something else. Two are at Amazon. The other is trying to get his insurance license.
Maybe it sounds harsh, "find something new". But that's reality. Yes it is a recession and it's tough as shit. But I don't know what else there is to do. "oh...just hang around your house and hope something comes up".

A more accurate slogan would be "find anything whatsoever you fucking peon"

SpursforSix
07-16-2020, 02:46 PM

So what's the answer? Don't do anything?

Reck
07-16-2020, 02:46 PM

Shutting the fuck up would be a great start.

She's not in a position to tell anyone to get something new given where she's at right now. A multi millionaire lady telling the poor and unemployed to go job hunting on a non existent economy environment.

The apple certainly didn't fall far from daddy's tree.

SpursforSix
07-16-2020, 02:48 PM
A more accurate slogan would be "find anything whatsoever you fucking peon"

That's solid advice. And it's advice I would take if I lost my job. I'd have no qualms about working at Amazon or getting shit on at Dollar General as long as I was able to cash a check.

SpursforSix
07-16-2020, 02:51 PM

She's not in a position to tell anyone to get something new given where she's at right now. A multi millionaire lady telling the poor and unemployed to go job hunting on a non existent economy environment.

LOL at this. Maybe you're different but I don't hear any liberals telling any of Hollywood to shut the fuck up when they come out with advice. Pretty much any politician nowadays is at least a millionaire. So they're just supposed to sit on their hands?
She's actually providing the best advice for someone that's lost their job.

CosmicCowboy
07-16-2020, 02:52 PM

You sound bitter.

SpursforSix
07-16-2020, 02:52 PM
There is that small detail.

"everything will be better if you just find something new" .... If I ever hear any fucker bitch about "hopey changey" again... :lol

Again...what's your advice for someone who lost their job due to COVID?

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 03:46 PM
So what's the answer? Don't do anything?

My response was to your "how was it let them eat cake". Marie Antoinnette could have said nothing but instead she said "let them eat cake" And it showed a complete divorce from the reality at hand. Ivanka did the same thing she is saying go out and find something new, in a depressed market (the feeling not the economy but probably also the economy). It's not wrong but it's completely divorced from reality. If someone said "I want to be rich" and the answer was "well go be a doctor", yeah that's an answer but it's fucking worthless. The point is you can't just pick up and "find something new" everyone who has looked for a job in the last decade knows that's not how it works.

tholdren
07-16-2020, 03:49 PM

"Find something new."

This is not satire.

Wow, just wow.
WrongdomGuy mad texas has an ifr lower than flu after numerous posts about no hospitals being left in the world. And here he is. Using profanity to prove a point on the internet. Wowwoowowowowowowowowowkw

Cognitive dissonance because he has supported putting these folks in a position to find something new.

ChumpDumper
07-16-2020, 03:50 PM
ifrShow your math or you're just gossiping.

CosmicCowboy
07-16-2020, 03:53 PM
My response was to your "how was it let them eat cake". Marie Antoinnette could have said nothing but instead she said "let them eat cake" And it showed a complete divorce from the reality at hand. Ivanka did the same thing she is saying go out and find something new, in a depressed market (the feeling not the economy but probably also the economy). It's not wrong but it's completely divorced from reality. If someone said "I want to be rich" and the answer was "well go be a doctor", yeah that's an answer but it's fucking worthless. The point is you can't just pick up and "find something new" everyone who has looked for a job in the last decade knows that's not how it works.

Actually the Covid has affected industries differently and yes, people are hiring. Naturally it sucks to be a bartender now, but on the other hand Amazon (as one example) is booming and hiring. It doesn't have to be permanent, but people can find other opportunities. It's not like they lose their bartender skills while sorting packages for Amazon.

SpursforSix
07-16-2020, 03:56 PM

It's not easy and maybe someone doesn't find something new. But I'd think you'd at least want to try. As I said, I can attest to two people who have done just that (one is 53, the other is around 70). And one more who is at least trying.
The other thing she could have said is, "cut back on your expenses". Which would have gone over way worse.

I get that it's tough advice to swallow from an elite wealthy person who isn't going to have to do this herself. But again, it's the best advice. Combined with, "get rid of any expenses that you absolutely don't need".

DMC
07-16-2020, 04:00 PM

:lol wrong

CosmicCowboy
07-16-2020, 04:02 PM
https://www.themuse.com/advice/industries-hiring-during-coronavirus-outbreak

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/news/heres-whos-hiring-right-now-5161074/

DMC
07-16-2020, 04:02 PM

Eh.. Ivanka Trump isn't in charge of anyone and no one is starving to death in this country.

It's not news that, if you cannot find work in your career field, find something new. Many here have changed careers at some point due to circumstances or opportunities, one can be the other at times.

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 04:03 PM
It's not easy and maybe someone doesn't find something new. But I'd think you'd at least want to try. As I said, I can attest to two people who have done just that (one is 53, the other is around 70). And one more who is at least trying.
The other thing she could have said is, "cut back on your expenses". Which would have gone over way worse.

I get that it's tough advice to swallow from an elite wealthy person who isn't going to have to do this herself. But again, it's the best advice. Combined with, "get rid of any expenses that you absolutely don't need".

Yeah because there's people out there who can't feed their families. Also I'm not talking about someone becoming a gig worker, I'm talking about someone losing their career and incapable of finding another one.

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 04:03 PM
:lol wrong

how is that wrong

FrostKing
07-16-2020, 04:06 PM
how is that wrong
Every new graduate faces that same problem.

Chucho
07-16-2020, 04:08 PM
Actually the Covid has affected industries differently and yes, people are hiring. Naturally it sucks to be a bartender now, but on the other hand Amazon (as one example) is booming and hiring. It doesn't have to be permanent, but people can find other opportunities. It's not like they lose their bartender skills while sorting packages for Amazon.

That's all well and good, except for the fact there isn't an Amazon plant in every area.

SpursforSix
07-16-2020, 04:11 PM
Yeah because there's people out there who can't feed their families. Also I'm not talking about someone becoming a gig worker, I'm talking about someone losing their career and incapable of finding another one.

I gotcha. Yeah...I agree there's a difference between finding a new career and taking a gig job. But there are gig jobs that can lead to new careers.

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 04:17 PM
Every new graduate faces that same problem.

the problem of being a 35 year old father of two with no experience going up against someone with experience, no I don't thing they do

CosmicCowboy
07-16-2020, 04:21 PM
That's all well and good, except for the fact there isn't an Amazon plant in every area.

Doesn't have to be. They deliver in every area and they aren't nearly the only company hiring. Here are a few from one of the links I posted:

CVS said it was hiring 50,000 to meet exploding demand at its stores.
Pizza Hut announced plans to hire 30,000 permanent workers
Walmart announced it will hire about 150,000 temporary workers by the end of May for their stores, clubs, distribution centers and fulfillment centers.
Dollar Tree, which also owns Family Dollar, plans to hire 25,000 workers.
7-Eleven expects to bring on 20,000 new store employees.
Amazon intends to hire 100,000 workers.
Domino's is hiring more than 10,000 workers.
The medical community is looking for as many health care providers as possible. New York City has even asked private and retired providers to help in hospitals. More than 1,000 answered the call.
Grocery chains (including Kroger) are looking for workers, as are shipping businesses, online learning and remote work firms.

Reck
07-16-2020, 04:25 PM
You sound bitter.

Do I?

I have a job so I'm good.

I just think it's funny Ivanka of all people wants to give advice. Shitty ones at that.

Will Hunting
07-16-2020, 04:25 PM
Doesn't have to be. They deliver in every area and they aren't nearly the only company hiring. Here are a few from one of the links I posted:

Walmart announced it will hire about 150,000 temporary workers by the end of May for their stores, clubs, distribution centers and fulfillment centers.
The medical community is looking for as many health care providers as possible. New York City has even asked private and retired providers to help in hospitals. More than 1,000 answered the call.
Grocery chains (including Kroger) are looking for workers, as are shipping businesses, online learning and remote work firms.
Senior care centers are still trying to hire right now too. It’s a shitty fucking place to work especially during this pandemic, but the starting pay is at least $15 an hour depending on the area you’re in.

FrostKing
07-16-2020, 04:28 PM
the problem of being a 35 year old father of two with no experience going up against someone with experience, no I don't thing they do
No need to mention the kids or relationship status. Those are personal life choices

I have a friend finishing his associates in CS without job experience. He is also nervous but always knew it will be uphill battle. The current situation has him considering returning for an online bachelors. OR he believes obtaining certificates is the better option.

I expect a significant amount of Universities to close. You also have high school students experiencing what might be a throw away year. So for my friend all of this is good news - less/lower competition. I wonder if we will see an increase in outlets for online bachelors in CS. My buddy showed me the course work for a 2 year bachelors at a local online school here and there were 6 courses required unrelated to CS. That's bullshit. Not to mention the entire process is rather pricy. 30K for those 2 years.

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 04:28 PM

If you can work in the medical community, you probably aren't out of a job, that doesn't compare to the minimum wage level jobs that you posted along side those.

If you're a bartender yeah go work for dominos, if that was a shitty bar, you might break even. If you're a flight attendant you just took a 50% pay cut so good luck paying your bills. Most of what you posted aren't even lateral moves but immense pay cuts. And "you need a job go work retail" is not some revolutionary strategy it's how functioning drug addicts go about things

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 04:30 PM
No need to mention the kids or. relationship status.

Yeah there is a need to mention those, because that was my initial statement that he said was wrong, and you agreed that it was wrong, the statement was limited to those conditions.

weebo
07-16-2020, 04:34 PM
This administration just needs to shut up. They massively shit the bed that anything that comes out of their mouths (good intentions or not) doesn't mean anything. They have zero credibility left with those who aren't part of their cult.

CosmicCowboy
07-16-2020, 04:44 PM
If you can work in the medical community, you probably aren't out of a job, that doesn't compare to the minimum wage level jobs that you posted along side those.

If you're a bartender yeah go work for dominos, if that was a shitty bar, you might break even. If you're a flight attendant you just took a 50% pay cut so good luck paying your bills. Most of what you posted aren't even lateral moves but immense pay cuts. And "you need a job go work retail" is not some revolutionary strategy it's how functioning drug addicts go about things

I didn't say they were perfect options, just options. The alternative is to lay around the apartment complaining how unfair life is until you get evicted.

FrostKing
07-16-2020, 04:52 PM
Yeah there is a need to mention those, because that was my initial statement that he said was wrong, and you agreed that it was wrong, the statement was limited to those conditions.
I am confused by your hangup over children in the household. That is a (poor) personal choice. A person owning payments on a brand new sports car will also find the current situation increasingly difficult.

diego
07-16-2020, 04:59 PM
Wait is this an ad campaign or a training program? If it's a training program, awesome, nothing to criticize no matter who it's from. If it's an ad campaign? How is that useful to anyone?

Also, even perfect advice won't reach it's target if it's coming from a hypocrite. Ivanka has never look for a job or something new, I'm sure there were much better options of people who successfully reinvented themselves to give that message but apparently it was important to get Ivanka screen time

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 05:06 PM
I didn't say they were perfect options, just options. The alternative is to lay around the apartment complaining how unfair life is until you get evicted.

oh really, well let's do the math, let's say you are a single parent making 45000 a year that's about 3750 a month, we'll call it 3111 after taxes. So you're rent for a 3 bedroom is about 1500, your phone is probably 150, assuming you got one for the each of the kids, your internet is probably 100, car insurance 100. Food we'll call it 100 a week 400 a month, electricity 100, health insurance 150.

You get a job at dominos making $11 an hour that's 1760 a month after taxes we'll be at 1560. So if you decide to eat for the month, have light or have a cell phone or car insurance, congratulations you're evicted

pgardn
07-16-2020, 05:06 PM

I would like her to say nothing.
she has a government job for the White House that none of us can get.

it may be a decent message, in the right context, from the right person

did she explain how to file for unemployment in the meantime?

RandomGuy
07-16-2020, 05:07 PM
Again, she's giving good advice. What's your advice? And as good as your advice is, what platform are you going to give it from?
What would your rather her say? I'm pretty sure if she remained silent, you'd have a problem with that as well.

Good advice? :lmao.

"Get a job" is "advice". Ok, I guess that is what passes for wisdom in Trumplandia.

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 05:07 PM
I am confused by your hangup over children in the household. That is a (poor) personal choice. A person owning payments on a brand new sports car will also find the current situation increasingly difficult.

ok

FrostKing
07-16-2020, 05:38 PM
ok
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7524cGvd7gNWf3mo/source.gif

CosmicCowboy
07-16-2020, 06:31 PM
I would like her to say nothing.
she has a government job for the White House that none of us can get.

it may be a decent message, in the right context, from the right person

did she explain how to file for unemployment in the meantime?

Last I read she isn't drawing a salary. But she is definitely wealthy. By your definition there are very few people in the House or Senate either
You can accept statements from as they are all millionaires.

CosmicCowboy
07-16-2020, 06:35 PM
oh really, well let's do the math, let's say you are a single parent making 45000 a year that's about 3750 a month, we'll call it 3111 after taxes. So you're rent for a 3 bedroom is about 1500, your phone is probably 150, assuming you got one for the each of the kids, your internet is probably 100, car insurance 100. Food we'll call it 100 a week 400 a month, electricity 100, health insurance 150.

You get a job at dominos making $11 an hour that's 1760 a month after taxes we'll be at 1560. So if you decide to eat for the month, have light or have a cell phone or car insurance, congratulations you're evicted

Congratulate the covid. It's a non denominational independent party killer. Viruses arent political.

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2020, 06:50 PM
Congratulate the covid. It's a non denominational independent party killer. Viruses arent political.

I was just responding to you talking about how getting a job at dominos prevents them from getting evicted. Those fucking companies you listed pay their employees jack shit, that's one of the big reasons they have positions open, and if you get a job there you'll be paid, but depending on where you were at before all you'll be doing is not getting paid enough and helping some CEO make more money. Which the difference between someone crying at home and get evicted, or work and get evicted.

daslicer
07-16-2020, 06:54 PM

It's actually pretty stupid advice and I'm objective when it comes to both parties when they give out of touch career advice. I'm not a republican but I have criticized Obama for years for stressing coding is the solution for anybody looking for a job. I also felt Rahm Emmanuel who is democrat was a POS when he recently said a bunch of fired workers should learn to code.

If you are out of work and you can't get employment in your current field then you are going to eventually accept shit jobs simply to survive. Very few people are going to voluntarily become homeless and that's why what Ivanka is saying is just straight up stupid.

FrostKing
07-16-2020, 07:16 PM
Such a person should not have a 3-bedroom place. And will need to work 2 jobs. Hopefully they have family near by to watch the kid(s).

I think a bigger safety net for Americans would just result in many taking on more debt and/or kids. These people are groomed to live paycheck to paycheck and fake it til you make it.

TimDunkem
07-16-2020, 07:27 PM

Doubtful Dominoes or most of these places would hire you full-time right now anyway so you wouldn't even see that 1560.

ElNono
07-16-2020, 07:52 PM
It's hard to re-invent oneself... it's a process, and uncertainty is definitely a big factor that pushes back... we tend to value a sense of security.

leemajors
07-17-2020, 07:54 AM

You're way low on the health insurance estimate, it is probably at least 400. I have one kid, and it is around 450, but my employer pays half, which most do not.

boutons_deux
07-17-2020, 02:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn1bjfOFICY&feature=em-uploademail

Reck
07-17-2020, 02:42 PM

Reck
07-17-2020, 02:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn1bjfOFICY&feature=em-uploademail

:lmao stupid ass family.

DMC
07-17-2020, 03:12 PM
No one wants what you're selling. Boo fucking hoo. Sell something different.

Reck
07-17-2020, 08:27 PM
No one wants what you're selling. Boo fucking hoo. Sell something different.

You’re a traveling salesmen. Said yourself.

DMC
07-17-2020, 10:04 PM
You’re a traveling salesmen. Said yourself.

Link?

Blake
07-18-2020, 12:51 AM
What do you want her to say?

Nothing

Blake
07-18-2020, 12:57 AM
Eh.. Ivanka Trump isn't in charge of anyone and no one is starving to death in this country.

In Texas, 4,295,240 people are struggling with hunger - and of them 1,598,940 are children.

https://www.feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/texas

It's not news that, if you cannot find work in your career field, find something new. Many here have changed careers at some point due to circumstances or opportunities, one can be the other at times.

Nobody needs to be told that, especially by a spoiled princess that "found something new" through nepotism.

Blake
07-18-2020, 01:05 AM

Spurtacular
07-18-2020, 02:11 AM

I bet you wish you could be her cuckold, don't you? :lmao