PDA

View Full Version : Creeping fascism in Portland?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Winehole23
08-05-2020, 10:49 AM
DHS ignored real threats to police and protesters, focused on hype instead

“Overall, what you see is a strange sensationalization of the antifa threats — and that doesn’t exist when looking at the boogaloo documents.”

German argued that the impulse to paint both sides of the political spectrum with the same brush, despite the fact that only the far right is actively killing people, is among the most dangerous features of modern American law enforcement.

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/george-floyd-protests-police-far-right-antifa/

Chris
08-06-2020, 03:02 AM
graffiti

Chris
08-06-2020, 03:08 AM
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1291245023053246464?s=19

lmao

DarrinS
08-06-2020, 01:25 PM
while its true that portland had been seeing regular protests, they had mostly calmed down since the peak of the floyd protests/riots. things began re-escalating after federal officers started pulling their shit in portland, and it remained in an escalated state until the feds backed off

5izk13ZxaiM

ChumpDumper
08-06-2020, 01:27 PM
5izk13ZxaiMNo riots in my zip code.

koriwhat
08-06-2020, 01:30 PM
time to start shooting those who are trying to burn up and destroy any fed buildings and pd hq's with lethal rounds. those marxist fucks are domestic terrorists!

spurraider21
08-06-2020, 01:44 PM
5izk13ZxaiM
yes i clearly said 100% of the tension was because of federal officers and that there would never ever be a riot again

ChumpDumper
08-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Is it really a riot if it's like six dudes breaking all the stuff?

FrostKing
08-06-2020, 02:56 PM
DHS ignored real threats to police and protesters, focused on hype instead

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/george-floyd-protests-police-far-right-antifa/
This is a major reason why they are attempting to push this "BLM is not a political group" narrative. If the topic is violence and murder, BLM is your main culprit.

spurraider21
08-06-2020, 03:05 PM
This is a major reason why they are attempting to push this "BLM is not a political group" narrative. If the topic is violence and murder, BLM is your main culprit.
who has said BLM isn't a political group?

FrostKing
08-06-2020, 03:07 PM
who has said BLM isn't a political group?
The main narrative in media is that they are simply a human rights group

spurraider21
08-06-2020, 03:07 PM
The main narrative in media is that they are simply a human rights group
human rights groups are political groups. both can be true.

tlongII
08-08-2020, 12:13 PM
I am pointing out to you facts, and you can't actually argue with the ground reality. Feds withdraw... protests magically get peaceful.

So instead of maybe re-thinking your "violent rioter" delusion, you double down and call people telling you what is real... insane?

Do you realize how delusional that sounds?

I realize how delusional you are. I live here. I know what’s going on.

RandomGuy
08-08-2020, 12:18 PM

If it is a political group... where are the PACs?

My understanding is that it more akin to the civil rights movement than any specific "political group" to my knowledge, i.e. a loose affiliation of people generally agreeing in principle on an issue, lacking formal organizational structures.

Define "political group" here.

RandomGuy
08-08-2020, 12:20 PM
I realize how delusional you are. I live here. I know what’s going on.

If you are anything like most conservatives, you know only what fox news chooses to tell you to be outraged about, lazy with confirmation bias, and willing to go along with whatever manufactured outrage de jour the hyper-rich propaganda puppetmasters serve up to keep you voting for their interests over your own.

But lets' roll with your claim to know what is going on, and see if that holds up.

Give me your first hand account of what is happening. What did you witness?

FrostKing
08-08-2020, 12:25 PM
If you are anything like most conservatives, you know only what fox news chooses to tell you to be outraged about.

But lets' roll with that.

Let me explain for you

It is nearly impossible to avoid the left viewpoint because it is even shown on ESPN. Where do you get your counter news to widen perspective?

ChumpDumper
08-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Let me explain for you

It is nearly impossible to avoid the left viewpoint because it is even shown on ESPN. Where do you get your counter news to widen perspective?Where do you get your counter-ESPN news?

FrostKing
08-08-2020, 12:37 PM
Where do you get your counter-ESPN news?
Subreddits, YouTube, international friends, a few classic style web pages

More dependent on community to share news that is purposely avoided by mainstream

ChumpDumper
08-08-2020, 12:39 PM

More dependent on community to share news that is purposely avoided by mainstreamSo social media.

How insular.

RandomGuy
08-08-2020, 12:41 PM

More dependent on community to share news that is purposely avoided by mainstream

So you depend on people you agree with to share things you already agree with?

:lol

Will Hunting
08-08-2020, 12:42 PM
I get my counter-news from stormfront everytime Fox News accidentally lets Chris Wallace exercise too much integrity!

ChumpDumper
08-08-2020, 12:42 PM
So you depend on people you agree with to share things you already agree with?

:lolHOW ELSE CAN I CONFIRM MY BIAS?

RandomGuy
08-08-2020, 12:43 PM

Do you understand what confirmation bias is?

https://www.simplypsychology.org/confirmation-bias.html

FrostKing
08-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Do you understand what confirmation bias is?

https://www.simplypsychology.org/confirmation-bias.html
Yes, most of you are trapped in it - don't digest any conservative outlets.

FrostKing
08-08-2020, 12:49 PM
So social media.

How insular.
There is 1 conservative station on cable and I check it out. Do you?

ChumpDumper
08-08-2020, 12:53 PM
There is 1 conservative station on cable and I check it out. Do you?For conservative opinion, sure.

And there are 2.

You aren't going to get straight news from any prime time cable news network show.

TSA
08-08-2020, 12:58 PM
If it is a political group... where are the PACs?

My understanding is that it more akin to the civil rights movement than any specific "political group" to my knowledge, i.e. a loose affiliation of people generally agreeing in principle on an issue, lacking formal organizational structures.

Define "political group" here.

Go to BLM website. Click to donate, you are taken directly to shareblue website.

spurraider21
08-08-2020, 01:00 PM
Go to BLM website. Click to donate, you are taken directly to shareblue website.
And?

TSA
08-08-2020, 01:08 PM
I am pointing out to you facts, and you can't actually argue with the ground reality. Feds withdraw... protests magically get peaceful.

So instead of maybe re-thinking your "violent rioter" delusion, you double down and call people telling you what is real... insane?

Do you realize how delusional that sounds?

“Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler Thursday evening condemned the actions of rioters who attempted to set fire to a police precinct and blocked the exits while officers were inside.

“When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder," Wheeler said in a news conference with Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell.“

“A riot was declared Wednesday evening when agitators descended upon the Portland Police Bureau’s East Precinct building, spray-painted over security cameras, broke a glass door with a 2x4, lit a fire using an accelerant and threw fireworks and other objects at officers, according to FOX 12 in Portland.

Police said that a truck also attempted to run over officers.“

“ The front doors of the precinct were barricaded before the fire was started with more than 20 officers and civilian employees inside, police said, according to FOX 12.

Officers used tear gas to disperse the rioters and at least eight people were arrested. A federal court order bars police from using tear gas unless a riot is declared.

“I believe that city staff could have died last night,” Wheeler said. “I cannot and I will not tolerate that. This is not peaceful protests. This is not advocacy to advance reforms.”

“Hurting people and trying to trap people in a building and burn them up, it’s just completely awful,” Portland Fire & Rescue Lt. Damon Simmons reiterated in the news conference, according to FOX 12.

Wheeler said the city anticipates “additional planned attacks on public buildings” in the coming days and said he was giving the police leeway to do what they needed to do to counter those plans as long as it can be done without threatening peaceful protesters.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-mayor-condemns-rioters-for-attempting-to-commit-murder.amp

ChumpDumper
08-08-2020, 01:10 PM
It was like six people doing the actual damage.

TSA
08-08-2020, 01:18 PM
And?

Sorry...not shareblue, ActBlue. ActBlue is a PAC.

RandomGuy
08-08-2020, 01:20 PM

Not really a definition. If "having a link to the common shareblue website" is a working definition of "political group" that makes it so broad as to classsify just about left-ish cause as a political group.

To me "group" implies something a bit more organized than a task that takes one person throwing up a website with a link.

Define "political group"in your mind.

RandomGuy
08-08-2020, 01:22 PM
“Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler Thursday evening condemned the actions of rioters who attempted to set fire to a police precinct and blocked the exits while officers were inside.

“When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder," Wheeler said in a news conference with Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell.“

“A riot was declared Wednesday evening when agitators descended upon the Portland Police Bureau’s East Precinct building, spray-painted over security cameras, broke a glass door with a 2x4, lit a fire using an accelerant and threw fireworks and other objects at officers, according to FOX 12 in Portland.

Police said that a truck also attempted to run over officers.“

“ The front doors of the precinct were barricaded before the fire was started with more than 20 officers and civilian employees inside, police said, according to FOX 12.

Officers used tear gas to disperse the rioters and at least eight people were arrested. A federal court order bars police from using tear gas unless a riot is declared.

“I believe that city staff could have died last night,” Wheeler said. “I cannot and I will not tolerate that. This is not peaceful protests. This is not advocacy to advance reforms.”

“Hurting people and trying to trap people in a building and burn them up, it’s just completely awful,” Portland Fire & Rescue Lt. Damon Simmons reiterated in the news conference, according to FOX 12.

Wheeler said the city anticipates “additional planned attacks on public buildings” in the coming days and said he was giving the police leeway to do what they needed to do to counter those plans as long as it can be done without threatening peaceful protesters.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-mayor-condemns-rioters-for-attempting-to-commit-murder.amp

So "riot" is six dudes with a board and a lighter. :lol

To be fair: they should have been arrested for dangerous behavior.

ChumpDumper
08-08-2020, 01:24 PM
I don't know why they don't get arrested sooner. All this shit it streamed live. It's no secret where these people are or what they're doing.

Winehole23
08-08-2020, 01:25 PM
I don't know why they don't get arrested sooner. All this shit it streamed live. It's no secret where these people are or what they're doing.Potemkin protests, tbh

Winehole23
08-08-2020, 01:28 PM
forum bootlickers, free licks here:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosalindadams/dozens-of-nypd-officers-swarmed-the-home-of-a-blm-protester (https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosalindadams/dozens-of-nypd-officers-swarmed-the-home-of-a-blm-protester)

FrostKing
08-08-2020, 01:43 PM
forum bootlickers, free licks here:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosalindadams/dozens-of-nypd-officers-swarmed-the-home-of-a-blm-protester (https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/rosalindadams/dozens-of-nypd-officers-swarmed-the-home-of-a-blm-protester)
2020 black privilege

spurraider21
08-08-2020, 02:19 PM
Sorry...not shareblue, ActBlue. ActBlue is a PAC.
Aren’t they essentially fundraising software like gofundme

tlongII
08-08-2020, 02:22 PM
If you are anything like most conservatives, you know only what fox news chooses to tell you to be outraged about, lazy with confirmation bias, and willing to go along with whatever manufactured outrage de jour the hyper-rich propaganda puppetmasters serve up to keep you voting for their interests over your own.

But lets' roll with your claim to know what is going on, and see if that holds up.

Unlike you I ingest information from multiple sources. I analyze both liberal and conservative points of view. I actually advocate many liberal points of view. This is certainly not one of them.

Chris
08-08-2020, 02:29 PM
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1292107963243442179?s=19

Will Hunting
08-08-2020, 02:39 PM
Unlike you I ingest information from multiple sources. I analyze both liberal and conservative points of view. I actually advocate many liberal points of view. This is certainly not one of them.
Name some of the liberal views you advocate, I'm anxious to hear them.

RandomGuy
08-09-2020, 05:20 PM

sooooo, you didn't really witness anything.

How then do you know what is going on better than... who exactly?

Not even sure what you think is going on.

Because it really seems like a lot of the violence was done by the police themselves, clearing an area and pissing people off. Lots of tear gas and impact munitions hurting people, with an occasional odd beating of veterans.

RandomGuy
08-09-2020, 05:27 PM
2020 black privilege

:lol

Asking for the warrant and having his rights respected is "privilege".

FrostKing
08-10-2020, 03:37 AM
Looting in Chicago

This might be the new black norm in this generation.

FrostKing
08-10-2020, 05:03 AM
CNN completely avoiding. Gutless cowards.

Winehole23
08-20-2020, 10:06 PM
the Feds (they're still there) don't have the authority to clear streets or beat journalists in Portland, says federal judge

https://www.courthousenews.com/judge-federal-agents-lack-authority-to-clear-portland-streets/

Winehole23
08-20-2020, 10:07 PM
benchslapped

Winehole23
08-23-2020, 10:13 AM
Portland Police stand back and allow street fighting

Portland Police put out a statement to explain their decision not to intervene, saying: "In this case there were hundreds of individuals and many weapons within the groups and an extremely limited amount of police resources actually available to address such a crowd.

"Additionally, [officers] have been the focus of over 80 days of violent actions directed at the police, which is a major consideration for determining if police resources are necessary to interject between two groups with individuals who appear to be willingly engaging in physical confrontations for short durations."
https://news.sky.com/story/portland-violent-clashes-erupt-between-left-and-right-wing-protesters-in-oregon-12054792

Winehole23
08-23-2020, 10:22 AM
lots of footage here

Winehole23
08-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Utah:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/08/20/cottonwood-heights-city/

ChumpDumper
08-23-2020, 10:57 AM
lots of footage here

1297270144947765248That guy's podcasts are great.

The t:lollerant right.

ElNono
08-23-2020, 05:14 PM
Nathan89

RandomGuy
08-24-2020, 05:07 PM
Nathan89

Nathan can't even begin to comprehend the fact that the right wing is violent.

That concept is alien to the cult party line, which is all "BLM/ANTIFA gonna get you "

Winehole23
03-12-2021, 02:57 AM
Border patrol? In portland? WTF?

and yeah, that memo pretty much is creeping fascism. Fuckwits here defending it, will be screaming bloody murder if a Democrat was president. Seems like we have given waaaay too much discretion to the law enforcement.Welp.

Not sure who's protesting or why federal paramiltaries are still needed to control it. Is PPD not allowed to protect Federal property? Maybe PPD walked away from the federal courthouse and told the Feds "fuck that shit" and "it's all yours"?

The disappointing continuity between Trump and Biden here makes me wonder if it's a fig leaf for the number the DOJ is about to do on the Capitol rioters. And maybe a foreshadowing of the response Trumpist street thugs can expect next time they take to the streets.

So much for riots being over and done with now that Trump is old news.

So much for Biden refusing to get tough on rioters/"Antifa".

Winehole23
03-12-2021, 03:12 AM
tear gas, baton rounds and all that

Winehole23
03-12-2021, 03:16 AM
From what little i've seen immediately around the Hatfield Bldg, this isn't a peaceful protest. No chanting, picketing, parading or signs. Just random goons trying to fuck up the courthouse.

Hopefully someone is covering this for the press, it's not too clear what's being protested.

diego
03-12-2021, 06:13 AM
Yeah don't know much about this specifically, but a friend lived in portland for most of his life, initially supported the protests but ended up selling and moving out a couple months back, he said it just got too chaotic and that the city became overrun with homeless people and garbage everywhere, i know that with the pandemic homelessness has worsened basically everywhere but he was really struck by how bad it got and how little authorities did to address the problems (like keeping the city clean for starters)

playblair
03-12-2021, 06:35 AM
fook antifa.........proud boys show up & fook those white posers up

RandomGuy
03-12-2021, 07:39 AM
fook antifa.........proud boys show up & fook those white posers up

That would mean those cowards would have to poke their heads out of their hidey holes long enough to do anything.

FBI is looking for them, so that is fine with me.

Winehole23
03-13-2021, 12:50 PM
PPD kettles protesters, arrests 100, but not before removing, IDing and photographing legal observers and journos.

It's a two-fer, oppo research and removing possible witnesses against them. Also helps shield PPD from legal liability for their actions.

Winehole23
04-06-2021, 11:04 PM
After months of tense back and forth with city officials, the U.S. Department of Justice has sent a formal letter of noncompliance to the Portland Police Bureau over alleged violations of a 2014 settlement agreement guiding use of force.

The letter marks the first time in seven years that the Justice Department has issued such a warning to Portland.

The row between the two parties comes almost two months after the DOJ’s February annual report (https://www.opb.org/article/2021/02/11/portland-police-once-again-out-of-compliance-with-federal-oversight/) cited a number of problem areas, including accountability processes that were ill equipped for the amount of force the bureau chose to use in response to the summer’s racial justice protests.

The notification came 10 days after U.S. attorneys overseeing the settlement agreement sent a scathing letter to City Attorney Robert Taylor and Police Chief Chuck Lovell. That March 23 letter provides previously unknown specifics around some of the incidents which led the DOJ to find the city out of compliance with the settlement.

Last month, during a meeting of the Portland Committee on Community Engaged Policing, DOJ lawyers were visibly exasperated (https://www.opb.org/article/2021/03/26/portland-police-use-of-force-department-of-justice/) that they had been unable to wrangle a remedial action plan from the city on how it intended to address those shortcomings.

“We have asked for a plan of remediation and the city has not agreed to provide one,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Jared Hager said at the time.

With Friday’s notification, the DOJ has now turned to formal mechanisms that would force the city into compliance.
https://www.opb.org/article/2021/04/07/portland-police-bureau-force-us-department-justice/

DarrinS
04-06-2021, 11:07 PM
https://www.opb.org/article/2021/04/07/portland-police-bureau-force-us-department-justice/

Cops are quitting in Portland and Austin. Who wants that job?

Winehole23
04-06-2021, 11:09 PM
Cops are quitting in Portland and Austin. Who wants that job?If the job's too tough, cops will quit?

sorry to hear that.

Winehole23
04-06-2021, 11:11 PM
let it all out, Darrin

DarrinS
04-06-2021, 11:12 PM
If the job's too tough, cops will quit?

sorry to hear that.

Get social workers. They can deal.

ChumpDumper
04-06-2021, 11:13 PM
Cops are quitting in Portland and Austin. Who wants that job?Why wouldn't a person want to be a cop in Austin?

Money is not a problem.

ChumpDumper
04-06-2021, 11:20 PM
Get social workers. They can deal.Certainly less likely to kill people who aren't a threat.:tu