PDA

View Full Version : Question about Nazr

Dre_7
11-07-2005, 11:11 PM
I dont get the game on TV out here so I have to rely on the net. I see that Nazr has 15 points. Two questions about his play tonight. 1. Was he aggresive? 2. How did he play, overall?

ChumpDumper
11-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Nicely aggro on offense and the boards. Actually caught a pass. Completely lost on the team D concept. Really kind of sad in that respect.

angel_luv
11-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Nazr did really well. He made his shots and caught the ball! Very good night for him.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Nicely aggro on offense and the boards. Actually caught a pass. Completely lost on the team D concept. Really kind of sad in that respect.

I still don't understand how this is possible

what gives

SenorSpur
No one on the team eats up offensive rebounds like this guy. Tonight he was the recipient of some good passes (which he didn't fumble away), some nice putbacks and some opportunity baskets. Still fouls a lot and needs to improve his D.

angel_luv
Nazr on the Impact Player Show.

exstatic
11-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Shit! How are we supposed to devalue him if he plays!!![/MB n' LJ]

spurs=bling
11-07-2005, 11:23 PM
I think Pop bought him some glue......j/k

but he had a super game tonight

E20
11-07-2005, 11:34 PM
He's only had 16 minutes.

slayermin
11-07-2005, 11:37 PM
Nick found Nazr on a couple of easy ones. That got him going.

Solid D
11-07-2005, 11:42 PM
The Bulls were driving and testing the interior a lot tonight. Duhon, Heinrich and Gordon all did. The Spurs really needed 2 bigs. They also needed bigs with muscle in there since Sweetney and Chandler were playing physical. Nazr wasn't hesitating and pump-faking too much tonight. He pumped only once all night. He dunked, some of them on dump-offs and a loose ball or two.

Rasho played well, Horry fouled out. Nazr was needed.

ploto
11-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Pop played Rasho on Songalia but Darius never came back into the game after the third, and Rasho didn't either.

It was nice to see him active tonight, but Nazr has always given you one of those games about every 5 games. Still fouls too much, though.

ploto
11-07-2005, 11:54 PM
No one on the team eats up offensive rebounds like this guy.

Yes, but he is often not where he is supposed to be on the set play.

boutons
11-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Nazr kinda stupid about basketball fundamentals. Good rebounder, esp 0RB, can hit his few FTs, pretty from scoring from 2 ft out and closer, but after that, there ain't much to recommend him on either end.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Nazr kinda stupid about basketball fundamentals. Good rebounder, esp 0RB, can hit his few FTs, pretty from scoring from 2 ft out and closer, but after that, there ain't much to recommend him on either end.

And yet i'd still take him at 50% over Rasho at 200% (whatever that means)

TDMVPDPOY
11-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Good plays and nazr scored when he was needed to which kept us into the game or lead when the bulls felt they had momentum to make a push at our lead

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 12:00 AM
0 pumpfakes in 17 minutes.

Kori Ellis
11-08-2005, 12:01 AM
I hope Nazr eventually catches on to the D. Last year he got here late, this year he missed training camp. It's not simple, but it's not that difficult either. Hopefully he'll figure out where he needs to be on the floor.

But he looked very aggressive and solid on O tonight.

E20
11-08-2005, 12:01 AM
0 pumpfakes in 16 minutes.
Key stat of the game?

T Park
11-08-2005, 12:04 AM
0 pumpfakes in 17 minutes.

He gave 1 in the first half on his first basket.

ploto
11-08-2005, 12:12 AM
I hope Nazr eventually catches on to the D. Last year he got here late, this year he missed training camp. It's not simple, but it's not that difficult either. Hopefully he'll figure out where he needs to be on the floor.

Sorry, but it isn't going to happen. He just doesn't get it. He is still having trouble with where he belongs on offense, as well. No offense, but the guy was here 4 months last year and had all summer for someone to tutor him. He should know more than he does by now.

And while his offense was nice, the Spurs lost their lead they had when he came in. The game is played at both ends of the floor.

Kori Ellis
11-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Sorry, but it isn't going to happen. He just doesn't get it. He is still having trouble with where he belongs on offense, as well. No offense, but the guy was here 4 months last year and had all summer for someone to tutor him. He should know more than he does by now.

And while his offense was nice, the Spurs lost their lead they had when he came in. The game is played at both ends of the floor.

I agree with you for the most part. I definitely think that he should be a little better defensively by now. But I think he still has some time to learn. I don't think he was here in the summer at all, so he wasn't having anyone tutoring him and he missed training camp. I don't expect him to become awesome, but I would think he can at least improve to being a decent position defender.

It's a good thing the Spurs have Horry (and Rasho).

milkyway21
11-08-2005, 12:26 AM
one Foxsports column mentioned a Herald columnist picked Nazr being one of his bet for Chicago instead of Gaszuric
why is Nazr being shopped?

Herald columnist Mike McGraw doubts the size-challenged Bulls have a chance at acquiring expensive Milwaukee big man Dan Gadzuric. Instead, he thinks currently injured Indiana center Jeff Foster, Portland's Joel Przybilla or San Antonio's Nazr Mohammed are all better bets.

did i miss something?

Marcus Bryant
11-08-2005, 12:32 AM
why is Nazr being shopped?

Because ownership isn't cheap.

E20
11-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Nazr's is probably going to be shipped out, because his contract is the easiest to dump.

T Park
11-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Duh Spurs are being cheap.....

All the fuel for a Marcus ruining thread, good job Milkyway lol. :lol

ChumpDumper
11-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Can't you idiots see when a player is being devalued, traded, re-signed, doghoused, showcased and dumped at the same time?

T Park
11-08-2005, 02:21 AM
^^^^^^ :rolling

wildbill2u
11-08-2005, 11:35 AM
NASR has a lot of physical ability, but I think the problem with NASR is he lacks one needed ingredient for a primo NBA player: basketball sense.

He simply doesn't have a clue about how the game is played. Like a 800 pound gorilla that drives a golf ball 350 yds to the green, but his putts go 350 yds. as well. He can do the purely physical stuff like going after a rebound, but can't keep plays and defensive sets in his mind in a fast moving game.

And I think his problems with catching the ball and interminable pump fakes are part of the mental problem. He's just slow at processing things in a game where quick reactions and thinking ahead are necessary.

I like the guy but its becoming obvious that he has limitations.

alamo50
11-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Pop needs to cutt the bullshit and start Nazr over the Rash.
Even without all the info Nazr does a better job than Rashoohnono.
This ain't based on just this one game by the way.

ploto
11-08-2005, 01:30 PM
I told people some time ago-- Nazr will be a Bull next season. They have the cap room and want Chandler to play PF- plus, Nazr is from Chicago.

He won't be traded there-- he'll just go there for more money.

ploto
11-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Pop needs to cutt the bullshit and start Nazr over the Rash.
Even without all the info Nazr does a better job than Rashoohnono.
This ain't based on just this one game by the way.

Please share with me all the other wonderful things Nazr has done this season to warrant starting. Before last night, he's been absolutely AWFUL!! And while his activity was vastly improved, the Spurs are still very disappointed that he can't catch on-- he simply does not have a feel for how the game of basketball is played nor, dare I say it,- not much of a Basketball IQ.

Nazr was there the whole first week of camp when the Spurs went twice a day and started the defense from scratch. A lot of those basics he should have picked up that week, epsecially given the time he had in the system last season. As for what I meant about the summer, you made my point for me. If he was having such difficulty with the scheme last season, why didn't he work on it over the summer-- whu didn't he spend some time here where someone could have started with him from scratch, especially when he knew his baby was due during training camp.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-08-2005, 05:16 PM
wow i have never seen the spursnation so divided over something like this since the manu-parker thing last year

alamo50
11-08-2005, 05:23 PM
the Spurs are still very disappointed that he can't catch on-- he simply does not have a feel for how the game of basketball is played nor, dare I say it,- not much of a Basketball IQ.

OK, you are completely off base here.
Pop was pleasantly surprised how little time it took Nazr to get back into the flow of things after he returned from being with his ailing wife and new born child.

ploto
11-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Then tell me- why is Rasho starting? And don't give me the showcase BS. If you were around the SBC you would know the truth. The Spurs have soured on Nazr.

alamo50
11-08-2005, 07:19 PM
:lol

ChumpDumper
11-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I'd say they're fairly sour on all the big men right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Marks activated for a game or two.

ploto
11-09-2005, 12:03 AM
"Rasho had a better pre-season. He EARNED the starting position." --Pop 11/08/2005

ChumpDumper
11-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Well, Rasho had a preseason, I'll grant you that.

ploto
11-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Even before Nazr left to be with his wife, Rasho was more impressive in training camp. Nazr was with the team about 2 weeks. People act like he missed it all.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Others act like Rasho's an all-star. Truth is if nazr gets a couple of rotations down he'll start. Conversely if Rasho shows anything resembling desire to score or board he'll put the job out of Nazr's reach.

Or they could activate Marks and he could supplant them both with a couple of good games.

This is what we've come to.

ploto
11-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Truth is if nazr gets a couple of rotations down he'll start. Conversely if Rasho shows anything resembling desire to score or board he'll put the job out of Nazr's reach.

But that's my point-- Rasho has shown the desire to score and board-- at least to a much greater extent than Nazr has shown any ability to get the rotations down. Will you admit that??

ChumpDumper
11-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Not so much that he's a lock to start the rest of the season. Look, I like Rasho as much as can anyone who A) isn't Slovenian and B) doesn't want to have sex with him -- but he has been a disappointment as a Spur and can stand to improve mightily on the mere competence he has so far shown this season, Nazr or no Nazr.

T Park
11-09-2005, 01:31 AM
chump your confusing to understand.

I dont know what else you want Rasho to do on the offensive end.

Hes regularly looked for his shot this year, but the problem is, hes 5th on the play list.

When you dont have any clear outs, pick and rolls, or post ups called for you, its tough.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Not being blocked by a guard in the key would be a good start.

ajh18
11-09-2005, 01:40 AM
I didnt see the Bulls game, but I actually thought that Rasho looked good against the Mavs, Nuggs, and Cavs. His little hook-shot was working for him, and while he struggled alot guarding Dirk, he played decent team D and shot a high percentage. His jumper, one of the reasons he was brought in in the first place just isnt there though. I really think it's situational, with Rasho/Nazr being used as a rotation when we need to use 2 bigs, and one of them with horry as the rotation going in next to duncan against smaller teams. The question should just be which one rotates with horry in the latter situation.

Just give me old David over either.

gameFACE
11-09-2005, 09:49 AM
The whole arguement of Nazr missing training camp will only go so far after a while. Just like Rasho's two years experience and three training camps with the Spurs also only goes so far.

In hindsight I kind of wish the Spurs had gone after PJ Brown.

10-tka
11-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Not so much that he's a lock to start the rest of the season. Look, I like Rasho as much as can anyone who A) isn't Slovenian and B) doesn't want to have sex with him -- but he has been a disappointment as a Spur and can stand to improve mightily on the mere competence he has so far shown this season, Nazr or no Nazr.

ha-ha

Angel luv maybe B)

ploto
11-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Not so much that he's a lock to start the rest of the season.

I never said he was a lock to start the rest of the season-- just that he deserves to start right now over Nazr.

ploto
11-09-2005, 10:54 AM
His jumper, one of the reasons he was brought in in the first place just isnt there though.
Actually, Rasho's jump shot looks good this season.

milkyway21
11-09-2005, 08:11 PM
why? is Nazr being shopped?

Quote:

Herald columnist Mike McGraw doubts the size-challenged Bulls have a chance at acquiring expensive Milwaukee big man Dan Gadzuric. Instead, he thinks currently injured Indiana center Jeff Foster, Portland's Joel Przybilla or San Antonio's Nazr Mohammed are all better bets.

then;

Mohammed to test market: This might be the first of a season-long series of stories. San Antonio backup center Nazr Mohammed, a Chicago native, will be a free agent next summer and the Bulls obviously need more big men.

Asked about the possibility of returning home, Mohammed pointed out that first he wants to win another championship with the Spurs. San Antonio does have Tim Duncan, Rasho Nesterovic and Fabricio Obertro already under contract, so their desire to keep Mohammed remains to be seen.

“First and foremost, I want to stay here in San Antonio,” Mohammed said. “At the same time, I want to go out there and see what’s my market value and take it from there.”

The 6-foot-10 Mohammed, 28, probably is best suited to being a backup player. He has averaged 7.3 points and 5.7 rebounds for four different teams.

so Herald's column on Nazr had some basis after all:rolleyes

I'd hate to lose Nazr, i hope if the Spurs wants to part ways with him at least he could hold into his spot (starting or backup), until the trading deadline after the All-Star game. Oberto might be ready to take over on that time.

ploto
11-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Actually, Rasho's jump shot looks good this season.

5:48 SA - R. Nesterovic makes a 21-foot jumper from the top of the key. Assist: T. Parker